Latarnia40 (EUNE)
: That would be dumb. Old players couldn't afford runes becouse they were buying champions. People with runes had an advantage over people who didn't buy them.
> [{quoted}](name=Latarnia40,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EI3zUleH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-05T18:17:03.892+0000) > > That would be dumb. Old players couldn't afford runes becouse they were buying champions. People with runes had an advantage over people who didn't buy them. Yeah I bought them all with ip. Plus 20 pages. What a waste. I miss the old system, though. It could be unfair at times, but starting with 20% crit was always fun LOL!
Rioter Comments
Leetri (EUW)
: ARAM accounts have little to nothing to do with that, there's not as many as you want to believe. The reason you keep seeing the same champions is because of rerolls and the bench. You never see Udyr because no one will keep him unless no one on their team has any rerolls or they're an Udyr main, but you'll see Lux every time she's rolled because she's great in ARAM. The only way to make it "actually RANDOM" is to remove rerolls, remove the bench, no bans, and make it so you can't just dodge to get a new champion. If you get Udyr you have to play Udyr, no ifs or buts. And people will absolutely hate that, because they're all for "diversity" until they're forced to play something they don't like.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q8Gk0KUN,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-10-21T15:01:42.710+0000) > > ARAM accounts have little to nothing to do with that, there's not as many as you want to believe. The reason you keep seeing the same champions is because of rerolls and the bench. You never see Udyr because no one will keep him unless no one on their team has any rerolls or they're an Udyr main, but you'll see Lux every time she's rolled because she's great in ARAM. The only way to make it "actually RANDOM" is to remove rerolls, remove the bench, no bans, and make it so you can't just dodge to get a new champion. If you get Udyr you have to play Udyr, no ifs or buts. > And people will absolutely hate that, because they're all for "diversity" until they're forced to play something they don't like. I wish they would take away the rerolls and bench. I have a full account. And expand the free2play pool to rotate at least 6 low tier Champs each time.
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >Micro-**balancing ARAM** has unintended consequences and **should be stopped** https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ou8FmdQG-aram-changes-for-710 Period. Return ARAM to when it was a question of individual skill instead of how to use Mark/Dash. I am 20 games away from 10.000 games on the Howling Abyss. I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about, having seen just about every possible match-up. Restore default stats (from Summoner's Rift, effectively), remove Mark/Dash (let it stay in Poro King), return the majority of the old items (Zephyr, Deathfire Grasp, Face of the Mountain (minus the gold gain), Lightbringer, the old Guardian's Horn to name a few). https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Removed_items And given the current number of champions, add a 3rd reroll. And let ARAM be the place it was originally intented to be: just a fun fiesta, where everyone goes ham and the best team wins. EDIT: Typo.
> [{quoted}](name=PaladinNO,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KffUIEMG,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-10-20T23:13:51.643+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ou8FmdQG-aram-changes-for-710 > > Period. > > Return ARAM to when it was a question of individual skill instead of how to use Mark/Dash. > > I am 20 games away from 10.000 games on the Howling Abyss. I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about, having seen just about every possible match-up. > > Restore default stats (from Summoner's Rift, effectively), remove Mark/Dash (let it stay in Poro King), return the majority of the old items (Zephyr, Deathfire Grasp, Face of the Mountain (minus the gold gain), Lightbringer, the old Guardian's Horn to name a few). > https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Removed_items > > > And given the current number of champions, add a 3rd reroll. And let ARAM be the place it was originally intented to be: just a fun fiesta, where everyone goes ham and the best team wins. > > EDIT: > Typo. I have 6,157 ARAM games :) ... ONLY ARAM
: Micro-balancing ARAM has unintended consequences and should be stopped
👏TOTALLY AGREE! ARAM was the only mode I played anymore because everything else is a toxic. Now they’re white washing that into blandness too. Literally the reason I have played COD Mobile way more than league lately. Almost done with league. Hasn’t been as much fun lately for various reasons. I’m starting to feel like I did when I finally stopped playing WOW. I dipped after I saw that first Panda. Literally abandoned my account with that jutting straw.
: AFKS in Ranked = My Demotion
To Ban or not to Ban. That is the question. I tend to agree with you. Something needs to be done to hold people accountable. I have quit playing as frequently because of it.
Rioter Comments
: Would you rather: Keep rerolls and bench so people can do something other than dodge if they roll {{champion:106}}? OR sit in queues for 45 minutes because of everyone dodging. always?
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KVL21oeY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T20:40:42.602+0000) > > Would you rather: > > Keep rerolls and bench so people can do something other than dodge if they roll {{champion:106}}? > > OR > > sit in queues for 45 minutes because of everyone dodging. always? OMG who is dodging Voli in ARAM! He's my 2nd highest mastery with minimal effort. Buff your w with a mog and it's pretty much GG
: Quick Reminder: ARAM Bans are a stopgap.
"Just run past the frontline tanks and kill the carries". Wow, what a novel concept, you just invalidated all front lines. I'll tell the professionals. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You must not play much ARAM. And you must be the guy who thinks attacking the backline is impossible. While peeling of course. But I've been playing for 8 years and I still see the meme "Stop attacking the tank" happen over, and over, and over, like a broken record that never dies.
: You ban diamond 4 acount for trying to tell people to not feed and stop ruin games?!
You sound awful. I hope you stay banned. Say hello to FartNight.
: I'm an only ARAM account, check it yourself
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EErLaobc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-31T01:32:08.830+0000) > > I'm an only ARAM account, check it yourself You're not showing up. Probably because EUW
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Duke Dryfocker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uJLU8cJX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T20:29:37.269+0000) > > Does playing exclusively ARAM and having looged nearly 7,000 ARAM games count? I would think it does. If you have actual data to go along with those games, sure. If your data consist of "just trust me", no.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uJLU8cJX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T21:04:28.120+0000) > > If you have actual data to go along with those games, sure. If your data consist of "just trust me", no. What data can you provide to the contrary of my extensive experience?
devomp (NA)
: Support Etiquette/ Stealing Kills
And then there's the super annoying player that does no heavy lifting and only engages when they can last hit. Ugh! And it's virtually unreportable. You can only watch it happen in amazement and frustration.
Hoosier1 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Duke Dryfocker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uJLU8cJX,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-30T19:27:26.540+0000) > > ARAM ONLY accounts exist in small numbers if they exist at all. They are only attempted by bad players looking for a shortcut to winning, and complained about by players looking for an excuse to validate their loss. It’s the same as someone accusing someone else of “hacking” during gameplay. I’m pretty sure the reason you’re losing is because after 8 seasons you still get locked down by an initiating Tank, not because of someone’s supposed ARAM account. Those with full accounts or close to it, would never consider engaging in such silliness. Please stop talking about it. It’s a myth, and those that try it quickly discover it doesn’t increase your odds of winning. Good luck arguing this with people who don't understand that the 14 free champs per week are used in the randomizer as well. This is plenty of proof that a true ARAM account can't exist but that will not stop the trolls from arguing otherwise. I agree with you 100% that they are a fallacy but good luck if you decide to argue this with those who don't understand. I will not argue with ignorance anymore on this subject.
> [{quoted}](name=Hoosier1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uJLU8cJX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-30T19:57:26.764+0000) > > Good luck arguing this with people who don't understand that the 14 free champs per week are used in the randomizer as well. This is plenty of proof that a true ARAM account can't exist but that will not stop the trolls from arguing otherwise. I agree with you 100% that they are a fallacy but good luck if you decide to argue this with those who don't understand. I will not argue with ignorance anymore on this subject. Completely agree.
: Can we see the data you've collected and your methodology used to collect those data?
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uJLU8cJX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-30T19:37:09.154+0000) > > Can we see the data you've collected and your methodology used to collect those data? Does playing exclusively ARAM and having looged nearly 7,000 ARAM games count? I would think it does.
Rioter Comments
: Except ARAM accounts don't exist in noticeable amounts. It's a bit sad to see a Moderator ---someone who should set a positive example for the rest of the community--- propagate such myths.
> [{quoted}](name=DeathBurst,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KVL21oeY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-29T09:58:16.588+0000) > > Except ARAM accounts don't exist in noticeable amounts. It's a bit sad to see a Moderator ---someone who should set a positive example for the rest of the community--- propagate such myths. I agree!
: Quick Reminder: ARAM Bans are a stopgap.
ARAM ONLY ACCOUNTS are a fallacy and do not work. They are played by bad players looking for a shortcut and complained about by players who don’t know how to counter. The same rules apply as did in season 1, and still to this day, so many people do not realize that if you run past the tank and blow up the squishy you’re so afraid of in the backline, then you don’t need bans. Period. This is how League goes down bad rabbit holes. By catering to inexperience.
: ARAM BANS COULD BE BACK
I'm surprised my comment led to so many responses. I must say a few things in retort to some of the replies. I play EXCLUSIVELY ARAM. I have over 6,000 games, though I haven't checked the total lately, could be over 7,000 now. And as I said before, I've been playing since season 1 and own all champs. I still believe bans are pointless and remove part of the fun of ARAM. First off, people who enjoy ARAM like myself, and there are plenty of ARAM only players, are typically SUPER casual. We have no aspirations toward Esports competitiveness. There are no Esport gains that can be made in ARAM. It's a giant team fight in 1 lane for a reason: Because it's mindless fun. Just like URF. In fact, you could easily refer to it as URF light. That's reason enough to leave ARAM the way it is IMO. If you are getting annoyed because the other team has Veigar, then you have missed the point of the mode. The second reason for no bans addresses OP verses Annoying. Sure Teemo can be annoying, but isn't some of the fun, learning how to beat him down? And I don't really believe in OP right now. The most recent balance changes have destroyed much of the power that the top 10 OP champs used to wield. I'll bet anything most of you aren't aware of who the most OP Champs are in ARAM right now (and it changes constantly). Guess what? While you're banning Lux, Ez, Veig, Teemo, Sona, Yi...people are winning more with Rumble, Mord, Shyv, Kassadin, Panth, Nocturne and Skarner. As some Champs get nerfs, others will always rise to fill that void. Furthermore, I have a secret. Shhhhhh, quiet...now get real close to the screen...listen carefully to this whisper...If at least 4 of you, blow past the tank, who btw is building Tank and cannot damage you, and aggressively target the backline, you can win any ARAM game! I know right!? I've been playing for 8 seasons and remarkably, everyone still engages the Tank when they initiate! Blow past him and go blow up the Sona, Veig, Lux you wanted to ban so badly! Guess what? If you blow them up, you don't have to worry about banning them! Problem solved! Write one sentence to your team, and if at least 3 of the have half a brain, you have a great shot at getting that ARAM win, if that's what's important to you. That sentence is, "Hey, we should probably target ____". How difficult is that? As far as banning annoying Champs? What Champ isn't annoying really? In the right hands, every Champ can be annoying, and every Champ has a counter. Yes, even in ARAM. Third, Tanks positioning and aggressiveness win ARAM. Catching people out of position or dangling too far from the team is key to ARAM, as is aggressively trying to capitalize on this mistakes. And the more Tanks you have the better off you are in ARAM. But that's not who people are banning is it? So what would even change? The bans would enable someone who dislikes playing against Teemo under any circumstance, even though many of us see him as more comic relief than a serious Champ, to ban him EVERY game? Doesn't make sense to me. I like beating him down as much as I like wreaking havoc with him. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, because this one drives me nuts. Real ARAM only players know that "ARAM only accounts" are a fallacy, perhaps even a myth, and if they do exist, they work no better than a full account. Period. End of story. I could literally write a list of variables that nullifies the success of supposed ARAM only accounts, as long as a Novel. I even tried to make one to see if it would work. If you get only the Champs you are strong at, it doesn't even give you that much more of an advantage, if any! If you say, bought your top 14 Champs for ARAM only. Well, each week there are 14 free Champs, all of whom may not be on your owned list, and that makes your chance 50/50 of coming close to even validating your ARAM only account. So you say, well my chance was below 50% of getting my faves before I made the ARAM only. Likely, it was not. Not that many people have full accounts, and those that do typically do not play smurf accounts. They play their mains. ARAM only is a supposed shortcut that does not work. Attempted by players looking for shortcuts to winning, and complained about by players who need to make up an excuse to validate why they lose. Furthermore, the Champs on one ARAM account will not be the same for every player, so now you've added another batch of variables that nullifies intentionally limiting your Champ base as an advantage. I'm betting I can beat your ARAM Yi with my ARAM Rumble in a match more often than not. So, IMO, limiting Champs through bans to avoid things that don't really exist, caters to bad players. This is how League slides down senseless rabbit holes. By listening to people who lose a lot, instead of players who know how to win. PS, there is no ARAM ELO. Only SR. Winning in ARAM is completely different. It requires different builds and different strategies. If I see you building jungle starting items in ARAM, I know it's gonna be GGEZ 9so keep doing that if you want).
: ARAM BANS COULD BE BACK
I own every Champ. I don't like the bans. Sometimes it's fun to play as Teemo, Sona, Yi or Veigar. I see them win and I see them lose. They are not as OP as people think. Annoying yes, but OP beyond reason? Not really. I find that the bans remove some Champs from play entirely. It makes the game less fun. If anything it gives me a better chance of winning. I have 50 Champs above rank 4. I feel I can carry with at least 40. But subtracting Champs seems like subtracting fun to me. I don't get it. It points to your weakness as a player if you can't counter something. Get over it.
: Something seriously needs done about the artificial elo wall known as promos
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Saianna (EUNE)
: It took me a while to get it, but ARURF is actually no fun.
I've been around since Urf's first time. You know it started as an April Fool's joke right? The demand for it is always there, and has been since then. Even with the new changes it's still one of the most popular featured games. The things you are complaining about are largely bitter sauce imo. The game is fun! Especially if you're the definition of a casual player, like myself, and many others. I have no interest in ranked, I love ARAM, and I mostly just like killing fools. If you don't understand that is what URF is...a chance to just spam kill as much as possible with very little strategy, then yeah, you're not gonna enjoy it. It's never been seriously competitive in any way. There were a few instances early in it's inception when certain champs were banned, and they made a few changes based probably on feedback internationally, but it's meant to be silly, and cannot be considered anything else, if you wish to enjoy it. Furthermore, you sound uptight. Try smoking a J before you play LOL.
: 0 respect whoever spamming GGEZ
I usually just laugh, because there aren't that many games where it's actually warranted. If your team won in anything over 20 minutes, it wasn't "EZ", first of all. I just looked it up, and depending on ranked or unranked, surrenders included or not included, the average game time is 27-31 mins. That means not very many of you are winning in 12-19 mins time. I once had someone say GGEZ after a 41 minute game! I LMAO! I always say the same exact thing after every game, "GG GJ GGWP". IMO "EZ" just makes you kind of a dick. But at the same time it doesn't bother me. I'll say this for being a good sport and not trying to impose something of your will on someone else through a game that's supposed to be fun. Encouraging my lanemates and saying GG GJ GGWP, has already gotten me to blue honor this season, and I've gotten Honor 3 by Early June since it's inception. Try not being a douche, it's actually rewarding. And besides that, it's most likely that your declaration of EZ is simply not true LOL.
SiG DxD (EUNE)
: you can raise the lvl of mute too
> [{quoted}](name=SiG DxD,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EUX2VVp5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-25T15:30:38.908+0000) > > you can raise the lvl of mute too Agreed. Seems like I utilize the mute button a lot more these days out of necessity.
: I Got Fired From Teaching...
My wife is a Teacher who's district just went on strike for more $ and won. Teacher strikes typically don't last very long, because Parents begin to appreciate them immediately! LOL!
dalphy08 (NA)
: Overly suggestive female imagery in the game?
This person has got to be sitting back and laughing at a successful troll. I refuse to believe they are actually serious with this LOL...Unless they voted for Trump, then there's just no hope for them.
dalphy08 (NA)
: Overly suggestive female imagery in the game?
I'm damn near 50 years old, but after reading this, I feel young in comparison to this author's ancient views. If we diffuse the power of sex as a taboo, it will become what it is supposed to be. Chill fun and procreation. If we keep treating it as an evil, men will continue to do evil things regarding it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Wait, what? riot what the hell is this ban system come to?
100% deserved, with your attitude. You've proven throughout this thread, that it would be best for you to just communicate as little as possible, in order to climb. Just don't hit the chat cursor...like ever.
: Got perma banned but hear me out
Dude, your game name is 'Bitch'. There's no where to go but downhill from there. It's like you are on a journey to answer all of Darwins questions about adapting or becoming extinct, but you think the object is to become extinct.
exxpose (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=exxpose,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lR2YEpaV,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-08T01:39:00.592+0000) > > LOL imagine being such a massive mental degen that you complain about someone saying "ez" XD > > yikes imagine being such a degen that you feel it necessary to say it. I was in the Military. USAF. I have the training to kill motherfuckers. That doesn't mean I do it after I just beat them in pool. Nor does it mean that we should be some pussified community that can't take a little ball-breaking. But "EZ" is just insulting. That's not ball-busting. It's just old, tired, archaic, sophomoric pot shotting, that only makes the user feel better about themselves. Be creative. Say, "man, I just beat you so bad, your mom felt it. LOL"...or something like that. And always use LOL after to let em know you're not a total douche. But,"EZ"? really? C'mon man. You can be better. Especially when the game probably wasn't as "EZ" as you are making it out to have been. Winning in 20 mins does not constitute "EZ".
Terozu (NA)
: I MISSED CLOAK SO MUCH.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQE8wE1g,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-07T23:05:15.437+0000) > > I MISSED CLOAK SO MUCH. Totally agree on that
Dr Dog (NA)
: in your opinion whats is the poster-boy for easy champions? and what is the easiest in your opinion
Honestly there is no more straightforward champ than {{champion:63}} . You shoot fire. Aim that way. End of gameplan.
Dr Dog (NA)
: in your opinion whats is the poster-boy for easy champions? and what is the easiest in your opinion
{{champion:37}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:63}}
: Did you know that before the previous round of changes, ER had the same problem IE did after the changes? The only difference is that it was exacerbated on IE because they made it not one but two passives that required another item to work. I like the changes as it means Critical MF is back (and god damn does it feel good). It also means that critical-based marksman have a chance to scale before the game is over.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kQE8wE1g,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-07T22:56:34.813+0000) > > Did you know that before the previous round of changes, ER had the same problem IE did after the changes? The only difference is that it was exacerbated on IE because they made it not one but two passives that required another item to work. > > I like the changes as it means Critical MF is back (and god damn does it feel good). It also means that critical-based marksman have a chance to scale before the game is over. I agree, but I kept playing MF crit anyway LOL
voltiguer (EUW)
: LOL is a hard game could anything be done to make it easier to learn
Some of your suggestions near the top make sense. RIOT could do way more for beginners. But the suggestions at the bottom all boil down to personal responsibility. You can't make someone play on a PC that can actually keep up. You can't make idiots use the bathroom before they sit down. And you can't tell a kid not to start a game in his bedroom, if his mom is probably going to come in and make him quit and go to sleep. You can't stop someone from trying to shovel handfuls of Miniature Snickers into their fat ass while playing and you can't stop someone from being so drunk they can't see the letters on the keyboard, piss themselves, and pass out. There is no way to legislate that crap out of the game without losing too much $.
: Season 9 Ranked is Garbage.
All seasons ranked are garbage lol. Welcome to the Dark side! The Order of The Casual Jedi!
Rioter Comments
J1NKS (NA)
: By the way this was a perma ban
> [{quoted}](name=J1NKS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=j2N94AZb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-07T22:29:32.393+0000) > > By the way this was a perma ban Then you must have previous infractions
: Allow us to purchase skins from the shop with orange essence
: Can someone help me with AP Physics?
When in doubt, the answer is always 'x'
: https://i0.wp.com/l2pbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/League-Of-Legends-Ezreal-Emotes-Easy.jpeg?fit=256%2C256&ssl=1
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lR2YEpaV,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-07T21:18:47.479+0000) > > https://i0.wp.com/l2pbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/League-Of-Legends-Ezreal-Emotes-Easy.jpeg?fit=256%2C256&ssl=1 ^^^exhibit A lol
: There is no good reason to say "EZ" anymore. It's unsportsmanlike.
After 90% of my games I say, ggwp. or GG GJ, GGWP. If it's a dreadful game, I just don't say anything at all. There's an old saying, that if the community adhered to, would make League a virtually toxic free Utopia. "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all". I find people who say EZ after games to be childish. Nietzsche says that "life is a will to power, and nothing besides". "EZ" is the way they try to will themselves to power. They desire to have some sort of sway over others. In a game...that's supposed to be fun...trying to posture themselves as someone who has achieved greatness before your eyes. In a game. Played by 12 year olds. They have..."achieved" greatness right before your very eyes. LOL. Please. Just stop. Factually, most of the time, unless your team won in literally under 10 minutes, then it wasn't "EZ". I once had an opponent say EZ after a 43 minute game! Bwahahahahaha. I'm not even gonna explain that. Just think about it for a sec. I do one of three things when you say EZ. I mute you, block, or just ignore you. Or all 3 if you're annoying enough. EZ is something that comes from the fingers of otherwise insecure people who are trying to extract security for themselves from a game. Sad really. We see you for what you really are. It's far sadder for you and your future than it is for us, who don't really give two shits, and just would like to be cool to each other and have fun.
: Will karthus be unaddressed in 9.4 as well?
Karthus solution = {{item:3157}} But no one wants to build it. That's not on Karthus. Leave my homie alone.
: Allow us to purchase skins from the shop with orange essence
same. I have like 3500 orange essence and like 5 basic bitch skins just sitting there, that I can't decide if they are worth making permanent. I keep waiting for a bigger fish, but, it's like their just not biting anymore. Seems to just be a parade of cheap skins or skins you already own. Vindicator Vayne anyone?
Show more

Duke Dryfocker

Level 172 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion