: > [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WwRrtFkM,comment-id=000d00020000,timestamp=2018-02-25T05:59:46.774+0000) > > I know what it does. Struggling to last hit minions with autos is an intended weakness of AP champs, and it wasn't enough of one. Yeah like any class needs even more of a handicap against freaking adcs. Are you kidding?
Yes, mages are really struggling right now. I don't know why you'd ever pick one. Just go 5 adcs and autowin every game.
: It disproportionately effects their ability to last hit under tower compared to any other class, due to lowing AD starting and AD growth, and makes them not able to follow the "rule" of last hitting that even the GAME tells you about for early game last hitting, where you can last hit melees after 2 tower shots, or casters after 1 auto, 1 tower shot, 1 auto. The loss of the 5 flat damage makes them miss CS that just by being an AD champion they would have gotten automatically doing the same exact thing, even if they had completely non-AD granting runes.
I know what it does. Struggling to last hit minions with autos is an intended weakness of AP champs, and it wasn't enough of one.
: > I'm playing Vel'koz right now and CSing just fine. Aren't you a special snowflake.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WwRrtFkM,comment-id=000d000000000001,timestamp=2018-02-25T04:34:40.653+0000) > > Aren't you a special snowflake. A special snowflake that apparently has no problem CSing without 5 extra damage on autos.
: Titan's just stating that you lack adaption towards anything, and sadly if you knew how to work around WW you'll be fine.
Adapt towards a champion being blatantly overtuned? So ban Warwick. Because other junglers get permabanned when they have the kind of stats that WW does and has for months.
: I do feel he's strong, but you know... there's tons of strong junglers right now. He's really not that super strong. He's definitely easier to play than some of the tougher junglers so he's popular, but he's not so bad that he needs a powerful nerf. Why don't you try adapting to the state of the game a bit. Learn how to play against warwick. Maybe try and play him and learn his weaknesses. Other people will point them out for you.
People like you are precisely the reason I made this post. The stats say that WW is insanely strong and yet here you are defending him.
Rioter Comments
Naymliss (NA)
: It's not a buff, it's a return to how early csing was last patch. It was already horrible on certain champions({{champion:34}} {{champion:45}} etc) now it's worse.
It's worse for everyone, and I fail to see why we should make CSing easier for mages that start Dring just because of the mages that never learned how to do it. I'm playing Vel'koz right now and CSing just fine. Ones of mages intended weaknesses is having a hard time CSing early in exchange for their waveclear later, and that 5 extra damage was a crutch that was making it **too** easy.
: Why Is Tristana Allowed To Have So Much Range?
I remember back when Tristana's range went all the way up to 703. Her 669 range seems almost reasonable now by comparison.
: Let Doran's Ring have that 5 bonus damage on minions, like Doran's Shield does
What exactly is your justification for buffing every champ that starts DRing?
: Maybe they should stop affording everyone all these resources in items. ADC would not feel as bad if they couldn't net 40% CDR and 100% Crit in the same build as lifesteal and movespeed. Items should be a bit less covering. Since S3, they've come a long way from itemization then, an item like Death's Dance would have been lunacy back then. I think they need to look at the benefits of that item meta.
Tristana, Kog, Vayne, Jinx, and Twitch don't bother with the CDR, so I question whether it's the problem.
Rioter Comments
lolibus (EUW)
: Aren't we getting voicechat ingame or something? Sounds way better than that useless ping spam and chat that just distracts from the game.
They won't disable pings. Pros in LCS use pings constantly and they're in constant voice comms.
Rioter Comments
HOU5E (NA)
: Can you elaborate on why it's easier to dive red topside tower with Elise?
It's much easier to get behind the tower.
: > [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A0d4dq63,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2018-01-17T16:05:16.045+0000) > > You only need to watch TF Blade for a bit and see his 70% winrate on Akali to know that this champ is nonsense right now. How about taking the fact into consideration that NOBODY besides TF Blade can make Akali work in high elo (master+). So either only TF Blade chooses to play Akali and nobody else is interested in freelo OR Akali is pretty hard to play in higher elos which means high skill cap. Boosters don't play her, elo hungry people stay away from Akali.... there is one challenger guy so the champion must be BROKEN. Nice logic.
> [{quoted}](name=WhenHeComes,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A0d4dq63,comment-id=002a0000,timestamp=2018-01-17T18:15:32.159+0000) > > How about taking the fact into consideration that NOBODY besides TF Blade can make Akali work in high elo (master+). > > So either only TF Blade chooses to play Akali and nobody else is interested in freelo OR Akali is pretty hard to play in higher elos which means high skill cap. Considering his winrate on Akali is way higher than all his other champs and that he got to rank 1, then TF Blade must be the best Akali player to ever live. I wonder how he does it. I guess he's just that much better than everyone else in NA. LCS teams should move to sign him asap if he's really that good.
: Akali is an unhealthy champion.
You only need to watch TF Blade for a bit and see his 70% winrate on Akali to know that this champ is nonsense right now.
Cowseed (NA)
: Nothing changed with akali other than how her passive worked. If she is autoing you to death pre-6 now that's on you because her change was tiny.
> [{quoted}](name=Cowseed,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bomdm8lE,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-01-17T04:57:32.084+0000) > > Nothing changed with akali other than how her passive worked. If she is autoing you to death pre-6 now that's on you because her change was tiny. She now has pre-6 mobility. The changes to her W is one of the biggest buffs an ability has ever received. Not only does she now have mobility outside her ult, but pink wards are now useless against it as well.
: Why does Akali's Q mark you for SO LONG?
With the assassin update, Riot basically decided that every assassin is a lane bully now. {{champion:84}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:91}} all went from being weak early to being lane bullies. The only assassin that's still weak early is Fizz, and he can definitely still kill you if you mess up.
Azeranth (NA)
: "Hey, you're really over extended, watch the map you are" instead if Q pinging their corpse 20 times. I play CS:GO id much rather tell them to back off the site and stop being a monkey than have to deal with them dead and titled
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F3wBEyrb,comment-id=001700000001,timestamp=2018-01-15T19:22:03.557+0000) > > "Hey, you're really over extended, watch the map you are" instead if Q pinging their corpse 20 times. I play CS:GO id much rather tell them to back off the site and stop being a monkey than have to deal with them dead and titled If you don't want to deal with them being tilted, the absolute last thing you should be doing is ping spamming their corpse.
: PSA: Pings aren't meant for you to be passive-aggressive trash.
I hate this shit so much. Ping spamming me is the absolute fastest way to make me stop caring about winning this game. Using a system meant for communication to harass teammates pretty much kills all my motivation to play that game, especially if it's more than 1 person doing it. Yes, I know you can mute it but the damage is already done.
: I'm actually really bloody happy that Riot didn't put Morde back into top lane
Morde bot is still technically the highest winrate adc and has been for ages now but his playrate is so low that it's hard to tell how good it actually is.
: "We understand Zoe's tough, so we're adjusting her to make sure there's room for counterplay"
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZgEFQIrG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-09T23:06:48.691+0000) > > It's a buff/nerf. Give up some early power in exchange for being able to perma E with just 30% CDR. This is not a buff. This was an almost 100% nerf to Kayle. She received almost nothing in exchange for the stats she lost.
Being able to have 100% uptime on E with just Nashors is a big deal.
: why nerf kayle?
It's a buff/nerf. Give up some early power in exchange for being able to perma E with just 30% CDR.
: Stop doing this to Tyler1
If I were someone that Tyler1 trolled multiple times back in the day and I saw him on my team now, I'd probably consider trolling him too. People who get 22 accounts permabanned don't deserve a chance to turn it around and be a successful streamer making 6 figures annually, even if they've reformed. He's still a scumbag who profited off his toxic reputation and while I get that Riot is eager for a reform story, he had his chance 20 permabanned accounts ago. Riot is setting a dangerous precedent here: Become famous by being toxic, get banned, "reform", and then come back to your successful streaming career. Even if Tyler1 has reformed, he's still profiting massively from his bad behavior in the past and I can't be the only one bothered by that fact. For the sake of an absurd analogy, it's like a plantation owner freeing all his slaves and renouncing his wicked ways once he has millions tucked away. Even if he's legitimately remorseful about his past behavior, he is still reaping great benefits from that behavior.
: I challenge thee to trigger the gameplay boards in ten words or less.
Divewing (OCE)
: Great post, holy shit. Would like to pick your brain about something else then, since Yasuo was the reason I started the game, I dropped him because I just cannot for the life of me get behind the crit build that he needs to do. Do you think there's a world where fighter yas could exist (TForce and Bork/Hydra -> tank) a la Camille style (obviously this implies at the least minor changes to his kit and base stats)?
> [{quoted}](name=Saïx,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=96N8YuZN,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2018-01-07T22:53:39.117+0000) > > Do you think there's a world where fighter yas could exist (TForce and Bork/Hydra -> tank) a la Camille style (obviously this implies at the least minor changes to his kit and base stats)? Fighter/Bruiser Yas is exactly what Riot is trying to avoid. It's why he gets nerfed whenever his bruiser builds start becoming too strong. Yasuo is given as much mobility he is on the condition that he will not be tanky like a fighter, and if his build ever starts emulating Jax, he'll get nerfed again.
Aucc (NA)
: Just give Yasuo the Azir treatment, he doesn't need any buffs
> [{quoted}](name=Auccuatt,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=96N8YuZN,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-07T07:37:36.570+0000) > > Yasuo is in the same boat now as what Azir once was. He's only played by people who've mastered him to his fullest potential and when he's played perfectly, there's no counterplay, Your entire thesis is based on this statement being true. The problem is that it isn't true. If it were, you'd see a lot more Yasuo players in Challenger and you'd see a lot more Yasuo in pro play. In reality, Yasuo has far more in common with Master Yi than he does with Azir. A Master Yi played by a good player against unprepared players looks unstoppable, but that doesn't mean Master Yi isn't a bad champion. Yasuo isn't quite as feast or famine as Yi in that regard, but as a fellow squishy melee DPS champ, the principle remains the same.
LankPants (OCE)
: [Takes a quick look at Akali's actual stats.](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Akali/Top/) Well bellow average pickrate, almost non-existent banrate, fairly average winrate. I'm pretty sure Akali's not broken and you found a singular example of a pretty good Akali player. Just quit your bitching, there's actual huge issues in the game right now, Akali isn't one.
You don't get a 70% winrate and rank 1 on the leaderboard by being "pretty good" at a balanced champion. The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities. The first is that TF Blade is so good at Akali and so good at top lane that he can get rank 1 with a 70% winrate despite competing against the best players in the region and facing OP picks constantly. This seems to be your stance. Can you imagine how good Blade must be for this to be true? To dominate so hard on a balanced champ; he must be the best top laner NA has ever seen! Challenger players on top tier picks like Jayce and Orrn can't compete with him. And to top it off, he did this during season 7, where adcs dominated and top was considered the weakest role in the game. What a legend Blade is. Or, Blade is a great player riding on the back of an OP champ that other top players haven't picked up on for some reason. It certainly wouldn't be the first time an OP champ went under the rader. Considering that he can't seem to match that level of success on any other champ, this one seems more likely.
: I audibly snorted at pre-6 “mobility” That isn’t what is breaking her top lane; removal of pink wards is what makes her more oppresive.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uZuxuRWk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-05T07:20:41.855+0000) > > I audibly snorted at pre-6 “mobility” > > That isn’t what is breaking her top lane; removal of pink wards is what makes her more oppresive. Being able to reliably proc her Q and passive at early levels is a huge part of why Akalis laning is so strong since the rework.
: "I hate champions that reward bad play" "Easy champs aren't supposed to be this good, but here we are." every champ needs to be a high skill cap assassin or they need to be sent to the gutter
: While Akali is a stat check champ and has a pretty bad kit, her windows of opportunity are still present. Also Blade is just a good player overall. It's less to do with Akali, and more with him being so great at League.
Blade can't even get a 60% winrate on Irelia but has a 70% winrate on Akali. It's him, but it's also the champ. The fact that Akali can go top lane at all is a joke, let alone excel there like she currently is. I know Hash is a meme at this point but there's a reason he bitches about Akali so much; unless the Akali player is retarded, you can't do shit against her as most melee champs.
: Warwick is far from pleasant to play against but he has never been a balance problem. He's always been a failsafe pick for those with the mechanical capacity of a goldfish, that's why he's my go to Jungle anyways. From your tone it's easy to see that you're just really biased and probably have some subjective dislike of WW as a champion.
I do dislike him as a champion. Heavily. I hate champions that reward bad play, and WW most certainly does that. But I would dislike him a lot less if he wasn't overtuned as fuck. He's been sitting at around a 54% or higher winrate with a respectable pickrate since his rework was released and Riot seemingly doesn't care. Many junglers have been nerfed hard for less. Why the fuck is WW exempt? Because people don't complain about him enough? I don't see how. Between his hyperspeed, Q that follows dashes, on demand damage reduction, AOE fear, and retarded low health dueling, I don't see how people aren't bitching about this champion constantly. Hell, I didn't even mention his ultimate, as if dueling him wasn't stupid enough already. It is unreal how hard I need to outplay a WW to have any chance of besting him 1v1, even on early game junglers. He doesn't fall off as hard as most early game junglers either for some bizarre reason. But not only is WW stronger than other early game junglers while also scaling better, he's also far, far easier than most of them. Easy champs aren't supposed to be this good, but here we are.
: Why Safe League Players Will Never Climb and Why Feeders Determine 94% of Games
It's all very interesting, but it's just not true. The game is becoming more team oriented, not less. Getting really fed on 1 champ is less likely to lead to a win than ever, provided that champ isn't Kog or Twitch. As for your point about performance based LP gains: the reason is simple. Not only is your score massively influenced by your team, but game winning play and good KDA play are very often not the same thing. This becomes more and more obvious the higher elo you go.
: but i have an idea of what i'm talking about.
If you want to defend the idea that WW is balanced despite ample evidence to the contrary, you're welcome to do so. You'll definitely find a lot of people here who agree with you for reasons I can't fathom. It's like these people never actually play against WW.
: yea XD that's why azir had 42% win rate while being broken for a while that's a very good meme
: "He's still your go-to pooch if you’re new to the jungle, but he’s learned some new tricks."-CT
OP champs with a million failsafes are good beginner champs, yes. They're good champs in general too. I don't know how anyone thinks this Puppy is balanced because there's no evidence to support that theory while there's plenty to suggest that he's overtuned by a significant margin.
Rioter Comments
: Or you know nerf the overpowered once like vayne and twitch. Or even better, give their items real costs. I think you would fit perfectly for riot balance team just randomly buff and buff and buff and wonder why this game is so shit right now.
> [{quoted}](name=GayFluffyUnicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Qi7nH3G3,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-01-02T14:08:28.096+0000) > > Or you know nerf the overpowered once like vayne and twitch. > Or even better, give their items real costs. > > I think you would fit perfectly for riot balance team just randomly buff and buff and buff and wonder why this game is so shit right now. That will just make all the adcs shit, and suddenly we're back to ADC in 2k18 LUL.
: "Vayne should never be meta, when she is, theres a problem" - scarra
All the early game adcs are trash. Make them not trash and champs like Vayne and Twitch will start becoming much riskier picks.
: Are games really snowbally? Let's see the stats
OP needs a big lesson on correlation and causation.
Antenora (EUW)
: 35-40 minutes are the ideal length games.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U2hsT1T9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-12-28T22:10:54.270+0000) > > 35-40 minutes are the ideal length games. Vomit.
: > [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Px3LJny2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-29T01:46:59.495+0000) > > Riot has been updating champions at an unprecedented rate the past 3 years. Since season 5, all of these champions have gotten reworks or significant updates. > > {{champion:266}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:89}}{{champion:90}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:143}}. > > That's 73 champions, which is over half the roster, which have had significant work in just the past 3 years. Forget new champs? On the contrary. last time i checked sion and xerath were done beforehand and the rest are mostly just failed class reworks that nobody wanted
I wasn't aware that the class reworks were universally considered failures. I could have sworn that a lot of them were actually well liked.
: Is RIOT going to make new champions, and forget the old?
Riot has been updating champions at an unprecedented rate the past 3 years. Since season 5, all of these champions have gotten reworks or significant updates. {{champion:266}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:89}}{{champion:90}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:143}}. That's 73 champions, which is over half the roster, which have had significant work in just the past 3 years. Forget new champs? On the contrary.
: Why are all these wild Akalis appearing top suddenly?
Akali is an assassin that beats bruisers and melee carries 1v1 until 4+ items, so she goes top.
: For the love of god, PLEASE make bruisers playable before you think about nerfing GP.
His winrate is only that high in Korea; his winrate is a far more reasonable 51% worldwide which is nowhere near nerf-worthy.
Eedat (NA)
: Ezreal is 90% pick/ban with a 54% winrate
Let Ezreal be good for a while. Ezreal adc was pretty much a troll pick all of last season and they finally managed to bring it back while also killing Ezreal jungle at the same time. Ezreals winrate is also only 54% in Korea and just over 51% worldwide, which is far more reasonable.
hoyohai (NA)
: Does being reported automatically mean you're toxic? Even if you're not?
> [{quoted}](name=hoyohai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=URd1RGnb,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-12-27T15:39:20.610+0000) > > Does being reported automatically mean you're toxic? Even if you're not? You'll find Riots standards for what is and is not toxic behavior are very strict once you've been reported. Get banned and the standard becomes even more strict than before once you return.
: An explanation for honor level 0 to honor level 2.
I play in around Plat 1 - Dia 5 elo, which is easily the most toxic elo bracket in League. I also happen to main Yasuo. Based on these 2 factors, I can expect to get reported in the majority of my losses even if I don't say anything the entire game; people are salty as fuck here and love reporting teammates they don't like. Playing Yasuo makes me a very easy target for such abuse. Looks like I'll be stuck at Honor 0 forever if this is really how the system works.
: The notion that games are too short is overblown
Or because the team that falls behind early decides to play like complete morons and let the enemy snowball wildly out of control.
Show more

DunkinNoobs

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion