: Illaoi is way too OP at the moment.
her counterplay is extremely telegraphed. Those big tentacles that smack you in the face? yeah don't fight near those. Kill them when you can.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:37:21.646+0000) > > Your hatred for the champion is clouding your mind, my guy. First you forget what the word conditional means, now you don't know what a stat check champion is either? I know I'm coming into the middle of a discussion, but perhaps I could explain it more. IMPO (In my personal opinion) Vayne was doing her job well enough without the 50% reduced cool-down buff on her R she got back in the 9.1 patch. Then, the fact that {{item:3124}} allows her to bypass the 3-hit requirement for her Silver Bolts was basically like giving me a paper cut and pouring lemon juice on it! She was already able to melt Tanks and Juggernauts with the True Damage. So you should build Armor since you can't build Health against her, right? Nope! Guinsoo's also gives Total Armor-Pen! (Yes I know, it is based upon level, but it nonetheless exists) On top of the Last Whisper item ( {{item:3036}} or {{item:3033}} , take your pick) she is sure to have built. (I know, the Armor-Pen between the two items does not stack, and thanks to other changes, she may not build Guinsoo's anymore) So, the two things that you are supposed to build to counter the things she offers, Physical Damage and True Damage, which are supposed to be counter-built via Armor and Health respectively, she renders BOTH of them moot! Her True Damage allows her to bypass high armor, and the Max HP% OF that True Damage allows her to bypass high health! EDIT: Sorry, remembered that part of this was in a comment from a Riven post. THIS is why she is often seen as a problem to Fighter and Tank players such as Critmaster here and myself.
> [{quoted}](name=EbonyBladeJ88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000200000001000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:52:24.736+0000) > > I know I'm coming into the middle of a discussion, but perhaps I could explain it more. > > IMPO (In my personal opinion) Vayne was doing her job well enough without the 50% reduced cool-down buff on her R she got back in the 9.1 patch. Then, the fact that {{item:3124}} allows her to bypass the 3-hit requirement for her Silver Bolts was basically like giving me a paper cut and pouring lemon juice on it! > > She was already able to melt Tanks and Juggernauts with the True Damage. So you should build Armor since you can't build Health against her, right? Nope! Guinsoo's also gives Total Armor-Pen! (Yes I know, it is based upon level, but it nonetheless exists) On top of the Last Whisper item ( {{item:3036}} or {{item:3033}} , take your pick) she is sure to have built. (I know, the Armor-Pen between the two items does not stack, and thanks to other changes, she may not build Guinsoo's anymore) > > So, the two things that you are supposed to build to counter the things she offers, Physical Damage and True Damage, which are supposed to be counter-built via Armor and Health respectively, she renders BOTH of them moot! Her True Damage allows her to bypass high armor, and the Max HP% OF that True Damage allows her to bypass high health! > > EDIT: Sorry, remembered that part of this was in a comment from a Riven post. > > THIS is why she is often seen as a problem to Fighter and Tank players such as Critmaster here and myself. I'd never deny that she's a problem for fighter and tank players. That's literally who she's designed to be good against. But saying she's a stat check champion or that she has unconditional true damage is literally just wrong. Like it's not even debatable, it's just wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000200000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:17:03.017+0000) > > sorry, vayne is _stat check_ now? Wew lad not now. she always was.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000002000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:17:53.510+0000) > > not now. she always was. Your hatred for the champion is clouding your mind, my guy. First you forget what the word conditional means, now you don't know what a stat check champion is either?
: > [{quoted}](name=Krispy Cack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-23T21:47:54.998+0000) > > Lol I have seen you say the same bull for years. literally years. no counterplay. pathetic. did vaynes kit change in those years except for number tunings? no, so of course she was garbage stat check design back then, and is still garbage stat check design today.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-07-23T21:53:08.888+0000) > > did vaynes kit change in those years except for number tunings? no, so of course she was garbage stat check design back then, and is still garbage stat check design today. sorry, vayne is _stat check_ now? Wew lad
: I think this is a bit ridiculous
>Realistically, I don't think he should've been in our game at all. An entire rank's difference is nothing to be laughed at, even in low elo. rank means nothing for matchmaking, or in his case with how few games he has, player skill. You can be iron 4 with challenger mmr if you so desire. His mmr is the only thing that matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T21:05:44.087+0000) > ok, lets try this again so maybe even you understand the point im trying to make. max health % true damage is a mechanic in this game that by design can not be countered in itemization. its made in a way that you cant build against it like other forms of damage (physical countered by armor, magic countered by mr, flat true damage countered by health). so the way this mechanic still remains fair from a gameplay perspective is, if you make it **conditional**. {{champion:114}} % true damage is conditional through her passive, and it telegraphes her movement. it can be outpositioned in a way, that you can entirely deny her the true damage procs onto your champion by outpositioning her, and even by placing vitals inside walls where they are inaccessable to her. it creates a specific win condition for the champion that **alters the way shes played and positions during a fight**. {{champion:86}} % true damage is conditional through the villainy passive. its restricted to a single **specific person** on the enemy team. this person is telegraphed to everyone, and no matter the champion that has the villainy mark, can be peeled for and protected by his allies to deny garen access to the villain. it creates a specific win condition for the champion that **alters the way hes played and picks his targets**. now. if you removed these mechanics entirely from their kits, how would these champions suddenly play different? well, fiora wouldnt try to hit you from specific angles. she wouldnt try to circle around you during fights and especially her ultimate, if it was say just a flat steroid like in vaynes case. it would fundamentally change how the champion plays. its similar for garen. he would stop trying to actively single out and gun for the villain on the enemy team to maximize his carry potential, and would just try to fight whoever presented himself to him in melee range. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- now if we just as a thought experiment deleted vaynes w from her kit. what except for becoming a weaker champion would change about her? she would probably build critical strike items like the other marksmen, instead of stacking pure attack speed. but what about how she plays out fights would really change? **NOTHING** she would literally play exactly the same way she plays right now. she would just try to auto attack the closest person to her that she can safely auto attack. she would kite exactly the same way, and chose exactly the same targets. how can you call her w passive conditional, when it doesnt even create a win condition that she has to play around and alters her playstile in some way? you cant. because its not conditional. a 3 hit passive on a ranged champion with a short cooldown auto attack reset doesnt create mechanical or strategic counterplay to the ability.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T21:22:29.756+0000) > >It's not conditional because I said so by my own definition of conditional! Yeah, you're just blatantly wrong. Not gonna bother responding after this. 3 autos to proc can't be any more literal of a condition for her true damage. If you can't accept that, then this is completely pointless. Garen's is based on his villain mechanic, fiora's is positioning, vayne's is number of consecutive autos on the same target.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:53:12.601+0000) > > What would you call outpicking her with a champion that does well against her? There'a a word for that. Ummm... oh, a _counter_ pick. You get countered by vayne as garen. She gets countered by high mobility and burst. > > You're playing an extremely vasic champion that frankly doesn't have much room for skill expression, I'm really not sure what you're looking for in terms of mechanical outplay to a high skill cap champion. funny that you say this, because i can outplay fiora. because i have learned how, by outpositioning her and denying her hits on vitals. vaynes kit however doesnt grant room to outplay her. you literally outpick her with a champion that outstats her (range is a stat too), or you lose to her. there is no room for skill expression because vaynes kit doesnt allow it. > You can, actually. Position away from a wall to avoid the stun the direct target displacement has a larger impact on a fight for a melee champion than the wall stun. when you get knocked back after catching her out, youre already screwed. there is no outplay potential to that knockback. > > A very short distance dash that can't go over terrain its also a very short cooldown dash and auto attack reset. which is also why attack speed slows mean jackshit to her. the fact that it doesnt go over walls is irrelevant in most cases. > 3 autos on the same target is pretty conditional. it takes her literally half a second by midgame. auto + q + auto is a full proc of her w passive. it absolutely no condition for a marksman who builds for attack speed.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:57:59.501+0000) > > funny that you say this, because i can outplay fiora. because i have learned how, by outpositioning her and denying her hits on vitals. Cool. Vayne isn't fiora. Congrats for learning how to play against a different champion though, maybe next learn to play against this one. > vaynes kit however doesnt grant room to outplay her. you literally outpick her with a champion that outstats her (range is a stat too), or you lose to her. It does, you're just refusing to learn how to for whatever reason. >there is no room for skill expression because vaynes kit doesnt allow it. Again, what are you looking for in terms of mechanical outplay? You're playing a tanky champion weak to kiting against a champion that excells at killing tanks and kiting. > the direct target displacement has a larger impact on a fight for a melee champion than the wall stun. when you get knocked back after catching her out, youre already screwed. That's just self peel. That's... not really a problem. It's on a long cooldown and is one of her only safety nets. > its very short cooldown dash and auto attack reset. It's an auto reset early. Mid-late game her q lengthens the time between autos. Again, if she doesn't get an auto off after, it doesn't really have that short of a cd. > it takes her literally half a second by midgame. auto + q + auto is a full proc of her w passive. If she has rageblade fully stacked, which is another condition. But again, auto q auto will take longer than just 2 aas would by then, and if the vayne player knows what they're doing, is only really built against tank heavy comps.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:35:07.246+0000) > > Oneshot her because she's extremely squishy with low attack range for a ranged champion. thats not counterplay, thats outpicking her with a champion who has a lot of mobility and burst. but every champion in the game has his counterpicks, and a lot of support champions can mitigate that weakness very well. thats not equivalent to kit inherent mechanical counterplay. > If she positions and kites well, that's her showing some of that mechanical counterplay no, its just a bunch of reliable tools she has available to outplay **you**. that doesnt mean these tools are also fair designed in a way, where you can outplay them. you cant outplay a direct targeted knockback, reliable, unconditional mobility, a reliable and unconditional % health true damage attached to ranged basic attacks, or a reliable steroid that her ultimate is. shes literally a ranged version of {{champion:11}} except that yi has more counterplay in his kit since at least his w is interruptable.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:39:29.322+0000) > > thats not counterplay, thats outpicking her with a champion who has a lot of mobility and burst. What would you call outpicking her with a champion that does well against her? There'a a word for that. Ummm... oh, a _counter_ pick. You get countered by vayne as garen. She gets countered by high mobility and burst. You're playing an extremely basic champion that frankly doesn't have much room for skill expression, I'm really not sure what you're looking for in terms of mechanical outplay. > you cant outplay a direct targeted knockback You can, actually. Position away from a wall to avoid the stun, reposition/flash to somewhere her knockback will be worse for her or better for you. >Reliable, unconditional mobility A very short distance dash that can't go over terrain and has a relatively long cd if she doesn't get an auto off? You're playing up her abilities to be better than they are. >reliable and unconditional % health true damage attached to ranged basic attacks 3 autos on the same target is pretty conditional. Rageblade isn't even particularly meta anymore unless specifically going against a tanky composition. Saying it's unconditional is literally just wrong. >or a reliable steroid that her ultimate is. The steroid from her ult is pretty minor, it's primarily for stealth and now q cdr.
IrhAh (EUW)
: Poolparty 2019
It's confirmed we're not getting it, unfortunately. I can dig up the tweet from spideraxe if you'd like, but all he says is we won't be getting pp this year.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jng Account,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:20:22.453+0000) > > ? Vayne is putting out exclusively single target dmg, that's it, that's enough counter play, Jinx/Sivir/even Kaisa will kill whole group, when Vayne will be aaing that frontliner. its not fucking counterplay. there is no mechanical outplay potential to vaynes w. not to mention kaisa also deals single target damage, and she only deals a lot of damage. its not the type of "i cant do shit to mitigate it" type of damage. % damage reduction is still effective against kaisa. mr is still effective against her passive. armor is still effective against her basic attacks. youre infront of vayne. shes auto attacking you. how do you counterplay her w in that situation? go.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xnOfUrRJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:22:06.476+0000) > > its not fucking counterplay. there is no counterplay to vaynes w. not to mention kaisa also deals single target damage. > > youre infront of vayne. shes auto attacking you. how do you counterplay her w in that situation? go. Oneshot her because she's extremely squishy with low attack range for a ranged champion. If she positions and kites well, that's her showing some of that mechanical counterplay you're going on about. Vayne's not even a problem right now, draven, sivir, ashe, jinx, there are so many better adcs you could complain about. But being you're presumably a garen main by the name and play a champion that's very specifically counterred by vayne, you think she's broken.
TrenixPL (NA)
: Stop Auto Crafting
Buy a junk unit, craft the warmogs on it, sell the unit, put the warmogs on ww.
: No just skarner is who I use more often then not and if not him it's brolaf voli ww or uydr . She is just slow and she would be ten times better on my suggestion 😂
> [{quoted}](name=KlydeFrog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EfPpGZWE,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T04:59:20.523+0000) > > No just skarner is who I use more often then not and if not him it's brolaf voli ww or uydr . She is just slow and she would be ten times better on my suggestion 😂 sorry, slow? Yeah, you're using your tunnels way wrong then. After you build a tunnel system through your jungle, you should be able to get around the map incredibly quickly. If you haven't seen it before, I'd recommend watching IWD's video on her. It's a bit old at this point and some things might be outdated, but her basic gameplay is still the same. Your changes would make her feel terrible
Manxxom (NA)
: even better, have her old ult and current ult at the same time, but can use either version, if you use one of the two versions the ult goes on cooldown regardless, it gives some utility to her kit though.
> [{quoted}](name=Manxxom,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EfPpGZWE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T03:42:54.642+0000) > > even better, have her old ult and current ult at the same time, but can use either version, if you use one of the two versions the ult goes on cooldown regardless, it gives some utility to her kit though. she was reworked because her old ult was way too good with coordinated play. she's in a much, much healthier state right now.
: Why cause she would be better? I would rather have movement speed and a slow on her q over tunnels and a ult u have to mark someone and then activate it and it really doesn't do damage
> [{quoted}](name=KlydeFrog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EfPpGZWE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T03:35:02.621+0000) > >I would rather have movement speed and a slow on her q over tunnels Then you're playing her really, really wrong.
: Rek sai
>Changes she needs is take away her tunnel yikes no rek'sai's honestly fine right now. she's not too strong nor too weak. she has completely average win/pick/ban rates across most elos. If you aren't doing well with her, that's a you problem, not a problem with the champion.
: You're all abusing the surrender feature
you're that guy that votes no when the enemy team has baron, 4 drakes, elder, they've taken every inhib, and are just literally camping you in spawn, huh?
: getting 3rd place or above might as well be a loss
>if i skip then i dont get my LP Are yoy sure? I've always gotten LP when I had to skip
RiIeyy (EUW)
: problem is i got only 8 days and then im going on vacation :) and and ive counted to 18 daily + the missions i can do im talking about just 1k grinding from games in 8 days
> [{quoted}](name=RiIeyy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KJE70o8Q,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T22:48:40.984+0000) > > problem is i got only 8 days and then im going on vacation :) and and ive counted to 18 daily + the missions i can do im talking about just 1k grinding from games in 8 days it's possible, but expect to grind _a lot_ of games. I had a friend who got ~200 tokens a day and got the cait skin in just over a week.
RiIeyy (EUW)
: is it possible to get 1k arcade tokens with the pass in 8 days just by playing ?
Sure, why not? It'll take a lot of games, but you can do it. If you get every single fwotd bonus from here until the 29th, plus the 60 tokens from the remaining missions, you're looking at 400-600 tokens from just first win games alone. Get an additional 50 or so tokens (~5 games) a day beyond first win and you should get it by the end.
: Can we buff knights passive?
Knights is a relatively easy comp to make that's meant to be strong early. It does what its supposed to do, I don't see a reason to buff it.
Neoyn (NA)
: Arcade Pass Extension
They can't extend the event, as project starts right as arcade ends. The best they could do is give everyone some tokens as compensation. They also fixed the major bugs for most players the same day 9.14 was released, so I doubt they'd even do that.
: TFT is garbage and the Devs of the game jumped ship
>Not only that, but they also continue to gouge players by increasing skin costs and making a loot system that is just a black hole for attempting to get the skins Huh?
: If riot gave a fuck, they would have made a new client instead of releasing ranked in a game thats still at least 1/2 broken. The problem is the Riot that we all knew and loved is gone, they sold their game to someone that inherited a lot of money and is special ed in the mind. If you do hard drugs or close your eyes when you play the game tends to make more sense and feels a little more balanced.
> [{quoted}](name=Kydenyolden,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=AUAZIEnW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-18T12:09:25.588+0000) > > If riot gave a fuck, they would have made a new client instead of releasing ranked in a game thats still at least 1/2 broken. The problem is the Riot that we all knew and loved is gone, they sold their game to someone that inherited a lot of money and is special ed in the mind. If you do hard drugs or close your eyes when you play the game tends to make more sense and feels a little more balanced. Tencent has owned 93% of riot since early 2011, and fully owns them as of 2015. I don't know why people act like it's a recent change.
mosaickle (OCE)
: With all these bugs in both TFT and patch 9.14, I am seriously at a loss as to why Riot doesn't do..
I'm fairly certain they are going to separate TFT from the league client. the PBE already has a completely new Riot Games client that launches the normal pbe league client. They haven't already done it because it takes time, and they wanted to get the game mode out ASAP. They said it only took about 9 weeks to make, which I'm sure was to get it out before other autochess games.
: live with it. Better than nothing And iMO its actually rly good, that there are not tooo many Items and Gold Drops by Mobs. Imaging every Game the Carries having RFCs etc, etc. And also with the Gold: If your lucky and get something good going early you can try to Eco-- if not you probably have to reroll a bit more or lvl up to not fall too far behind. If every Creep would give you Gold thats like 20G for free, thats lots of rolls and lots of Unit Quality if your lucky- and in the End just another factor of RNG. Imo its cool that its not Ultraoverloaded yet.
> [{quoted}](name=ElektroAEiids,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=IjMucYOF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-17T18:48:56.144+0000) > > Imaging every Game the Carries having RFCs etc, etc. You're right. Instead of my carry having RFC, I just get to lose to a guy who has 3 of them. Much better. Hey, atleast I got a few gold though : ^)
: Um, hello? Riot? Why? (Yuumi)
Yuumi is pick/ban in pro play, and honestly really frustrating to play against. I'm not sure why you're surprised she got significant nerfs.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3EfAiqM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-15T18:47:21.183+0000) > > Find me an online game that doesn't ban players. > And you paid money for in game items which you got, not for ban protection. Giving people a free pass because they spent money on the game would actually be a lot less ethical than treating everyone equally. banning players is wrong. point blank period. it is beyond unethical to players that do choose to spend money on this game. if you spend money on this game and get banned it is the equivalent of burning your money in a fire. its gross that this company and apparently some people think this is ok. in what world do you justify banning the people who fund you? i dont care what was done or said completely banning an account ESPECIALLY an account that has spent money on the game is wrong. treat everyone equally by not having a permeant ban option. if you truly believe being able to take peoples money freely and also being able to ban them on whatever terms you want is justified then you are delusional. i genuinely hope people stop playing this game and the company goes under because its sick and should not be legal.
> [{quoted}](name=crybabykitten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3EfAiqM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T00:06:53.633+0000) > > banning players is wrong. point blank period. it is beyond unethical to players that do choose to spend money on this game. if you spend money on this game and get banned it is the equivalent of burning your money in a fire. its gross that this company and apparently some people think this is ok. in what world do you justify banning the people who fund you? i dont care what was done or said completely banning an account ESPECIALLY an account that has spent money on the game is wrong. treat everyone equally by not having a permeant ban option. if you truly believe being able to take peoples money freely and also being able to ban them on whatever terms you want is justified then you are delusional. i genuinely hope people stop playing this game and the company goes under because its sick and should not be legal. It's not unethical at all. If someone buys concert tickets then starts a fight and gets kicked out, why should they get their money back? If someone pays money to go see a comedian then heckles them the whole time, ruining the show for everyone else, why shouldn't they get ejected? Spending money for cosmetic items doesn't give you a free pass to be a dickhead in game and get away with it. If spending money _did_ give you ban protection, that would actually be pretty goddamn unethical, as it would basically be paying the company off to look the other way while you broke their ToS. It would be essentially no different from bribing the police to let you get away with whatever crime. If you spend your money and get banned, then yes, it's as dumb as you burning your money in a fire. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. You know the risks when you sign up and check the box saying you agree to Riot's terms of use.
: > [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4ubBMowz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-14T19:55:28.710+0000) > > I think elo hell is a state of feeling stuck and you feel like you’re not climbing. elo hell is when you're stuck somwhere where you don't belong. like fatefalls got stuck in diamond this season but he got out in the end. or like nubrac got stuck in silver on his smurf because he plays support and silver players can't cs... but reached plat 2 now because he was persistent. personally i was in elo hell only once, in season 3 when i started to play LoL. i finished my 10 games and i got placed in bronze and i wasn't good enough to hard carry because i was still new at the game. later when i climbed out i just kept climbing till gold and in season 4 i hit plat. but that's irrelevant because i was actually in elo hell, i was still new and i couldn't hard carry but i was DEFINITELY better than those players that i was matched with.
> [{quoted}](name=Heko The Man,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4ubBMowz,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-14T21:21:23.326+0000) > >like nubrac got stuck in silver on his smurf lmao if he was stuck in silver, that wasn't anyone else's fault but his own. A good support can make even the worst adcs look good. Elo hell isn't real.
: Elo Hell does exist and let me explain you what it is.
Faker is 800 lp challenger, what are you talking about?
TrenixPL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=lov0wZdb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T22:06:52.270+0000) > > If you are short on time, you're doing something wrong. Half of what you mentioned that you're spending time on should be things that you should learn or develop a plan for over the course of the whole game. > What items combine to what, what champs you need for certain comps, what items are good on what champs are all just game knowledge that you need to learn. > I don't want to be sitting there twiddling my thumbs because someone hasn't learned how to play the game yet. > Riot should add better interfaces for these things in the game though to make learning them easier. Implementing cheat sheets like what scarra made or what's available on league of graphs would make it much easier for newer players that haven't memorized combinations yet to learn them. I know how to play the game. You clearly don't know what you're talking about at all. The entire game is based off of RNG. Every single match, you have to adjust your plan and figure out what you can do better. You shouldn't be focusing on a single build every match you play. If you're not versatile, you're going to lose. Sure you can look up the best build and try to pull it off and it may work because of how imbalanced the game is currently, which it's most likely going to change in the future. However, if other players are doing what you're doing, you wont be able to pull it off from how the game is designed. Sometimes you wont get the item you want. Sometimes you wont get the champion you need, in that case, adjust and do something else. Think about what you can do, save if you have to, or spend when you feel like you have to. There are plenty of options and decisions. With what you're saying, you are playing the game completely wrong. But whatever, that's how luck works. But don't assume you won because you know what you're doing, because you definitely don't.
> [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=lov0wZdb,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T22:41:07.433+0000) > > I know how to play the game. You clearly don't know what you're talking about at all. The entire game is based off of RNG. Every single match, you have to adjust your plan and figure out what you can do better. You shouldn't be focusing on a single build every match you play. If you're not versatile, you're going to lose. Sure you can look up the best build and try to pull it off and it may work because of how imbalanced the game is currently, which it's most likely going to change in the future. However, if other players are doing what you're doing, you wont be able to pull it off from how the game is designed. > > Sometimes you wont get the item you want. Sometimes you wont get the champion you need, in that case, adjust and do something else. Think about what you can do, save if you have to, or spend when you feel like you have to. There are plenty of options and decisions. With what you're saying, you are playing the game completely wrong. But whatever, that's how luck works. But don't assume you won because you know what you're doing, because you definitely don't. The rng aspects aren't dissimilar to something like a card game draft. Yes, you have to switching up your plan and learn to adapt for the best outcome with what you're dealt, but knowing what ways to adapt, and again what champions build into what comps or what items combine into, is just game knowledge. It's not something that should take a considerable amount of time in game after you've learned it. I didn't say to focus on one build every match, I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote. My point was total game length is already pretty damn long, lengthening the time you have for things that frankly you don't need the time for after you have a little experience with the game mode doesn't make sense. If you're running out of time because you're frantically looking up what champs fit into a comp or what you can build with the items you have, that's a problem with your planning and game knowledge.
TrenixPL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=lov0wZdb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T21:40:33.660+0000) > > The game mode is already exceptionally long for how little you get out of it, and by end game you should have an idea of what you're building or what you need. > Queueing up for a round of tft is already a longer time commitment than SR is if you do somewhat well. I don't know what you're personally doing, but I have to figure out what champions should get what items, what items I need to obtain to combine them, what champions I need, what champions should be replaced, how much money I have and how much I should save to place more on the field, what passive could benefit me the most when placing a champion on the field, and I can literally go on and on about how many things can improve your chances of winning. We need time, if you aren't short of time, you're doing something wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=lov0wZdb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T21:46:48.362+0000) > > I don't know what you're personally doing, but I have to figure out what champions should get what items, what items I need to obtain to combine them, what champions I need, what champions should be replaced, how much money I have and how much I should save to place more on the field, what passive could benefit me the most when placing a champion on the field, and I can literally go on and on about how many things can improve your chances of winning. We need time, if you aren't short of time, you're doing something wrong. If you are short on time, you're doing something wrong. Half of what you mentioned that you're spending time on should be things that you should learn or develop a plan for over the course of the whole game. What items combine to what, what champs you need for certain comps, what items are good on what champs are all just game knowledge that you need to learn. I don't want to be sitting there twiddling my thumbs because someone hasn't learned how to play the game yet. Riot should add better interfaces for these things in the game though to make learning them easier. Implementing cheat sheets like what scarra made or what's available on league of graphs would make it much easier for newer players that haven't memorized combinations yet to learn them.
TrenixPL (NA)
: Give us more time
The game mode is already exceptionally long for how little you get out of it, and by end game you should have an idea of what you're building or what you need. Queueing up for a round of tft is already a longer time commitment than SR is if you do somewhat well.
: Umm Carousel pings are unfair
Huh? How are pings unfair?
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T01:52:02.864+0000) > > did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached? If you report them in game and then send a ticket, it just says that you already submitted a report so that's that
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-12T04:54:49.273+0000) > > If you report them in game and then send a ticket, it just says that you already submitted a report so that's that I've reported several players that way and never got that message, maybe it's something new? I reported someone a few weeks ago that was excessively toxic, and they didn't get banned until i submitted a manual report.
: I got a player banned this week.
For someone who claims to have such little free time, you seemed to have an awful lot to get revenge on this guy and write this up. Kinda creepy and obsessive how far you went with it though. Congrats on getting him banned, fuck people like him, but going as far as downloading and watching multiple games and taking detailed notes on everything he did? If he ran it down as many times as you said he did, I don't think any of this was necessary, as _15 games_ is more than enough for the automated system to punish him, assuming he got reported every time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T01:52:02.864+0000) > > did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached? Is that how we do it to catch these types of assholes?
> [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T02:03:55.225+0000) > > Is that how we do it to catch these types of assholes? it couldn't hurt. not guaranteed, but it'll be a lot more likely to get them punished compared to just submitting a report in game, because you actually have someone manually review the game.
: Shocker, another griefer not getting banned because he didn't call me an asshole in chat.
did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached?
: Old phantom dancer was better. Movement speed and attack speed. PD is so rarely built nowadays. ADCs prioritize RH or Shiv. In the good old days PD was a core item, now it's basically garbage that no one builds because there are better MS items and better AS items.... /remembers building 2 PD and 2 PT on tryn with and IE late game.... Good times....
> [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JUP2Fdoo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-11T21:38:06.281+0000) > > PD is so rarely built nowadays. ADCs prioritize RH or Shiv. In the good old days PD was a core item, now it's basically garbage that no one builds because there are better MS items and better AS items.... Sorry what? It's a 3rd/4th item on all but like 4 or 5 ADCs.
iamblamb (NA)
: Why doesn't Riot use Rank to match people?
During my placements last season, I was playing gold 1s/plat 5s. Op.gg estimated I'd place in plat. I got placed silver 1 and had to play against high gold /low plat players to get into g5. The ranked/mmr system is scuffed.
: I am so goddamn bored of half of my play time being spent in turtle mode
if you fucked up the early game so bad that you can't contest any objectives or even ward, why on earth should you have more "strategic options" than holding on and hoping the enemy makes a mistake?
: KATARINA IS HIGHER SKILL LEVEL THEN ANIVIA RIGHT???????
Not really. They're both high skill cap champs, just with a different skill set. Katarina has a higher mechanical skill ceiling, which is what I think you're thinking of as higher overall skill cap.
: If your rank doesn't deteriorate, it's low ELO. If it does, it's high. That's why plat is the bottom of high. Master and Challenger players are essentially just Diamond players with a lot more time on their hands, so they've gotta inflate their egos a little or they'll realize they have no life outside of League.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VpZAM6U8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-09T18:10:29.710+0000) > Master and Challenger players are essentially just Diamond players with a lot more time on their hands, so they've gotta inflate their egos a little or they'll realize they have no life outside of League. yikes
: are we ever going to get a replacement for the loss of intervention?
: Will I get a losing streak in rank after me winning around 25 games.
if you've inflated your mmr by going on a lucky streak without actually being at a skill level that will support said mmr, you can expect to go on a losing streak as you'll be placed against better players. If you are actually at the mmr you belong at and were just significantly under before for whatever reason, no. There are no forced win or loss streaks, no matter what people here will try to tell you. If there were, streamers that do unranked-challenger would have _massive_ loss streaks, since they tend to win almost every game until they get closer to where they belong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iX8k3bv8,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:17:01.156+0000) > > Which map would you say is the most efficient in terms of Token Farming? I'm spamming ARAM right now. Summoner's rift. You'd have to play 5 to 9 games of ARAM a day or 3 to 5 games of Summoner's Rift to get the daily tokens for the day. here's my thread about it: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/zKRxx91f-quick-pass-stats
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iX8k3bv8,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:33:03.823+0000) > > Summoner's rift. > You'd have to play 5 to 9 games of ARAM a day or 3 to 5 games of Summoner's Rift to get the daily tokens for the day. > here's my thread about it: > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/zKRxx91f-quick-pass-stats are you taking fwotd tokens into account as well? I haven't done the math yet, just curious.
: Is it possible to achieve 2200 Arcade Tokens with the Pass?
I have a friend that already got over 2000 tokens. Granted he played _a lot_.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G1j5AhMb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:17:22.858+0000) > > This would be along the same vein as brand not being damaged by ignite. They're not going to do it, because gameplay consistency is too important. wouldnt it make it have somewhat deeper gameplay mechanics or at least knowledge?
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G1j5AhMb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:17:59.410+0000) > > wouldnt it make it have somewhat deeper gameplay mechanics or at least knowledge? I would call it more convoluted and unnecessary, as you'd need knowledge about 140+ champs to know exactly how much damage you would deal to them. Plus coding that would be a nightmare for no reason.
: what if vaynes silver bolts had a alignment system
This would be along the same vein as brand not being damaged by ignite. They're not going to do it, because gameplay consistency is too important.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEReFiYU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-06T02:11:41.042+0000) > > Since you said lane dominant _and mobile_, I'd go with lucian. Lucian's not really in a great spot right now though, while draven is top tier and fits what you're looking for as well, just with less mobility. > Your ult can also pop someone in a different lane if you time it well. Okay so Draven and just bully the lane? I was liking Lucian (played him on the free rotation!
> [{quoted}](name=LelsersLasers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEReFiYU,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-06T03:05:27.009+0000) > > Okay so Draven and just bully the lane? I was liking Lucian (played him on the free rotation! Get whichever you prefer playing honestly, you can do well with any adc. Draven is _the_ lane bully adc and has absolutely stupid damage, but you need good axe control. If you can't consistently catch axes, you'll do no damage and be pretty useless. He's also probably the most feast or famine ADC in the game. If you aren't getting kills, you basically have no passive, and it'll be a pain in the ass to come back from. Lucian has consistently been a pretty strong pick and has a ton of mobility and is really strong early. He's not in the best spot right now, but he's still viable, and will most likely be a top meta pick sooner than later. If you liked lucian, I'd say pick him up, because he is a lot of fun to play.
: Best Aggressive ADC
Since you said lane dominant _and mobile_, I'd go with lucian. Lucian's not really in a great spot right now though, while draven is top tier and fits what you're looking for as well, just with less mobility. Your ult can also pop someone in a different lane if you time it well.
Show more

Dynikus

Level 112 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion