: Why though. The item is such a bad thing to have in its current state. 120 AP on top of 40% of your AP being added on is just absurd when Adaptive stuff heavy favors AP for the most part.
The reason why is because it is the sole reason mages power curve relative to game length is exponential. It’s the only item that multiplies your damage, whereas all other items increase your power at a linear rate. The only difference of power curves of non-deathcap users is the slope and initial power. (Ability scalings and base values respectively.) Rabadon’s Deathcap, while unfortunately a “required” item on mages, creates more diverse power curves and is interesting design. That’s why I appreciate the item.
: why do people make champion suggestions?
Because it’s fun. It’s a transformative art, in the same vein as fanart and fanfiction.
: {{item:3089}}
Honestly, mages are now balanced around Rabadon’s Deathcap. It’d be a little hard to rework.
: Unlike Shyvana and Qiyana, the lack of Ivern's jungling-focused passive does not influence his ability in combat. If the argument is to give Ivern a passive to improve his ability to fight, I don't think the logic is sound. In other words, Ivern's lack of a passive isn't a problem in terms of ARAM gameplay. If you want a cute passive to give him something to do, I'm all for it! Maybe he can befriend poros and cause them to grow in size until they explode - it's like having infinite poro-snax with an internal cooldown.
> [{quoted}](name=Deez Crits,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HHhbX3Km,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-14T20:40:19.167+0000) > > Unlike Shyvana and Qiyana, the lack of Ivern's jungling-focused passive does not influence his ability in combat. If the argument is to give Ivern a passive to improve his ability to fight, I don't think the logic is sound. In other words, Ivern's lack of a passive isn't a problem in terms of ARAM gameplay. > > If you want a cute passive to give him something to do, I'm all for it! Maybe he can befriend poros and cause them to grow in size until they explode - it's like having infinite poro-snax with an internal cooldown. I would love to see a 40 minute ARAM game with 2 Iverns where the map is entirely covered in Poros.
Ryelic (NA)
: Aatrox feels legitimately awful to play in lane now.
Honestly, the reduced lane sustain on his passive is the part that really gets me. At least your autos can kill minions because you build AD.
: I like to call this clip everything that's wrong with League of Legends right now
To be fair, it’s a super squishy jinx that you barely killed(needed that last auto) using a full combo minus ult. And you were fed. Doesn’t really show much except that the jinx made a major mistake trying to facecheck the bush.
: > [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QRy4EbIN,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T13:54:22.276+0000) > > That is the main issue, but his high base damage on Q usually helps to get him to that point. I still haven’t decided on runes yet though. I like lethal tempo, but hail of blades might be better for trading in lane and quickly stacking gunsoo’s rageblade. High base damage? 10 / 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 is high?
It is when you realize that it scales with total AD, 60% at level 1. Aatrox has 60 AD at level 1. So it’s more like 46 at rank 1 for just Q1 non-sweetspot. So, you actually multiply that number by about 5 if you hit all 3 parts with the sweetspot. It actually does 295 damage at level 1 with NO bonus AD. Not bad base damage if I say so myself. Especially considering that it gains 3 base damage every level up without even ranking it up. Translating to 10 damage for a full combo.
: I played a lot of it but it only comes online after, like, 3 items
That is the main issue, but his high base damage on Q usually helps to get him to that point. I still haven’t decided on runes yet though. I like lethal tempo, but hail of blades might be better for trading in lane and quickly stacking gunsoo’s rageblade.
: Aatrox dropped to 42.75% Winrate this patch
I just started building AS instead and using an on-hit build with Gunsoo’s. You proc his passive every 8-4 seconds while fully stacked, allowing him to shred through tanks. Plus, his W slow, dash and MS steroid on R let him keep up to champs. The attack speed also solves his clear issue. I’d recommend giving it a shot.
: EMOTE GRIPE
I used Pool Party for “Start” during the summer myself, but I do tend to appreciate the more expressive champion emotes overall.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: All those games you won, you got carried. Look, i'm not trying to be offensive, but, You are playing normal games. People don't care about winning in normals I've seen plenty of blitzcrank + thresh bot lanes that won purely because people are shit in normals You getting kills as soraka support is meaningless because you probably just took the last hit because soraka doesn't have enough damage to be meaningful, even when built full AP. Lets just say, you weren't the win condition in any of those games.
But... the point of a tank, is to be carried. :/ A tank provides a distraction away from the Carry, whether that’s the ADC, Jungler, or Mid, and uses their resistance and resilience to last long enough that the Carry can wipe the enemy team and a push can be made. I’m not the win condition, and that’s okay. But I did my job to lead my team to victory.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: I looked at those games of yours playing tank soraka on op.gg. Once you finished 3/4/2 and lost game, The other you finished 2/6/6 and lost game. Needless to say that those were normal games. It is pretty safe to say those games are not an indication for anything. And can't be used as arguments
Those were two of my worst games with the strat. You fail to mention my 7/1/5 victory, where I got first blood, first tower, 4K healing, and tanked 10K damage, 10% of which was true. Or, what about my 10/6/17 victory, where I took 3 turrets, had 30K healing, and tanked 49K damage. It’s easy to cherry pick games, and I just did it too. If I’m honest, most of my loses are games that went past 30 minutes, and most of my victories were against teams that surrendered at 15-20. I’m not arguing that tanks don’t fall off late. But they don’t fall off hard, and they can have an impact throughout the entire game.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Damage scales faster and harder than defense.
I don’t know, I’ve had games where I’ve felt nigh unkillable, running around an enemy champ for a good minute without dying. And that was with Soraka tank. I don’t think tank items are bad, they just don’t let you ignore damage. You still need to respect all-ins, avoid skillshots, and track their cooldowns.
: Dude what the fuck is even Cass toplane
I have no problems with her when I play Soraka Top. Get an early merc treads and Spirit Visage and I do great.
Gall (NA)
: When you're level 8 and try to buy an elixir of wrath
Fits better in M&G, but I agree haha lol
: Mana is really a joke after 10 minutes. It used to be a limiting/strategic factor ("should i cast now or wait for a better chance?"), but now it's really not and abilities are all spammable. Can't remember the last time I actually ran out of mana on any of these champs, and Amumu is my main jungler right now. Jungle item plus blue buffs gives plenty of mana.
The only champs who require mana management(one could even call it **mana**gement) are Kassadin and Kog’Maw. That’s just due to the exponential scaling on their ults, which I’d be interested in seeing on other new champs.
: Why do you keep playing this game?
I mean, I didn’t feel belittled by that video at all. If anything, it felt like an in-joke I was part of, that also brought awareness to the times I’ve been a bad teammate because I am pretty akin to the first example. I’m passionate, but that passion occasionally leads me to make desperate plays from behind that put me even further behind. I don’t lose gracefully so to speak, and soft int. All in a vain attempt to prove myself to my teammates. But why do I play? Because I enjoy the diversity and flexibility of play styles. I’ve always been a huge advocate for off-meta strats, builds, and lanes. It keeps the game fresh and offers a consistent challenge. It also allows me to do one of my favourite things in games; theory craft. On the fly in-game and when doing menial work. That’s why I play. As a mental exercise in creative problem solving that distracts from the mundane in my life.
: what the fuck is this? why do i have to scroll to see all the champions i own?
I mean, I personally find it easier to sort through now, what with my horrendous vision and all. But I’ll just go and be quiet somewhere else because the masses apparently disagree.
LukiraT (EUNE)
: Disguised Neeko has no name above her
Additionally, although much less significant, if Neeko has a skin, she will gain the default champion portrait while disguised.
: On this day in the year 2010, Miss Fortune was released.
Long live the best pirate mage, {{champion:21}}{{item:3151}}{{item:3146}}{{item:3285}}{{item:3102}}{{item:3157}}{{item:3020}}! {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: > [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zrVEAjUG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-07T16:17:04.952+0000) > > I personally love actual off-meta. My last game was AP Hecarim in the mid lane, and just a few days ago was tank Soraka in the top lane with Grasp. It keeps league fresh for me. K but please tell me that wasnt ranked
> [{quoted}](name=Aatrox Airlines,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zrVEAjUG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-07T22:02:40.405+0000) > > K but please tell me that wasnt ranked Oh no, of course not. I respect that ranked is a place where players are trying to find wins as consistently as possible, and off-meta rarely works there, at least until it becomes meta, like Neeko ADC, Taric+Sona Botlane or Vayne Top. If I ever get a high winrate with something off-meta in normals, I might consider trying it in ranked with the permissions of my teamates. Currently my best off-meta strat is Ahri ADC with lethal tempo, building On-Hit damage. It’s about a 53% winrate after over 20 games. I’d suggest trying it out.
Destaice (NA)
: Yeah I play off meta
I personally love actual off-meta. My last game was AP Hecarim in the mid lane, and just a few days ago was tank Soraka in the top lane with Grasp. It keeps league fresh for me.
: I learned a thing!
I just have to say, Opal is an excellent name for a cat. I love it. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
ONI Ahri (NA)
: Just FYI they hire people (who i've met in person) that cant even name the champions they play. No offense to the people doing their jobs, but the last guy I met from their couldn't even name {{champion:63}}. Instead I had him describe the abilities he uses. The one before him said "he only plays because they strongly recommend it".
That’s a common thing for a lot of games. Just because they don’t play the game doesn’t mean they can’t make it, and vice versa. TF2 is incredibly well balanced, and only about half the team plays regularly. Paladins is pretty awkwardly balanced and they require employees to play at least weekly.
mark6028 (EUW)
: I'm done. Uninstalled, season 9 just broke me
The rants board still exists. Not saying you’re wrong, but there’s a place for threads like this and it’s not gameplay.
: Boots of Swiftness
Boots of swiftness are still a great counter to Rylai’s users and champions who rely on strong slows, like Malphite. I still take them occasionally and find great success with them.
: [Survey] Toxic behavior in LoL survey
Hope you get plenty of participants! I know how hard it can be to even get 20, let alone a usable data set.
: Evelynn required a nerf so they nerfed Q cdr by 10% now they say she needs a buff and guess what...
All this does is secure kills that realistically were supposed to be secure all ready. I personally think this is less of a regular buff and instead more of a QoL change.
: It's not balanced around that. Idk why you think it is other then you are just mad.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNEOJJuE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-03T21:58:38.267+0000) > > It's not balanced around that. Idk why you think it is other then you are just mad. I mean, I recall a very well written and data backed thread that proved that champions who receive skins are more likely to receive balance changes in the following patch, but that they are just as often nerfs as they are buffs. Not sure why you were downvoted so hard for just speaking out the truth.
man of tin (EUNE)
: He was called Boris by most of the Aatrox subreddit ever since the rework came out.
> [{quoted}](name=man of tin,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J2zhs3e6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-02T14:14:43.310+0000) > > He was called Boris by most of the Aatrox subreddit ever since the rework came out. Interesting, I always thought the meme was Bbtrox.
: (Suggestion) Adjustment to fill role in role selection
It’s already been suggested, and I still want it. Get on it Rito <3
Lapis (OCE)
: Because toxicity is the reason new people won't play their game. Our community has a REALLY bad rep for being the most toxic there is, and they're trying to clean it up
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W51MLTG7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T05:34:27.344+0000) > > Because toxicity is the reason new people won't play their game. Our community has a REALLY bad rep for being the most toxic there is, and they're trying to clean it up That’s the same reason it’s hard for me to get back into TF2. The game is amazing and well designed as well as fairly balanced, but every game has at least 4 guys screaming racial slurs into voice chat and bullying any who says the sniper is a weak class. The environment there is so torn between people who just are repeatedly crouching on a rock to make friends, and the evil cappers who dare to attempt to win the game. If f the community was better, I’d be back on that game 24/7.
: RUNETERRA IS FLAT!!
They’ve literally answered the question of “Is Runeterra flat?” before. They said that it is indeed a oblong sphere. That map is also only a small portion of their globe. ~~igetthatyou’rememeingbutshh~~
Mcsquzzy (NA)
: Someone pointed out and did the math on another post, the result of his e changes, if AS per level applies is that new e is stronger since it stars at 8 and moves to 10 at max level with no attack speed built. So it's literally the same with another build option to his kit.
The issue is that he gained a build option in exchange for raw defensive stats and comeback potential from his ultimate’s passive. Thus, anything that isn’t the new AS build will be weaker than it was previously.
JOOTAROOO (EUW)
: Little Legends. Gambling. I don't get it, man.
I get gambling, just not little legends. I love myself some gambling though.
Áery (NA)
: Congrats, anything works in bronze
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LQPbVBTg,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-01T19:17:10.534+0000) > > It's not fanfiction, it's a analyzation, stop lying to yourself, they just use it as excuse to forbid me from posting the ship they do not want other people to see for bais reason. Other people have seen the ship. No one cares, Riot says it ain’t happening and flat out said it wasn’t a thing, and the mods have excellent reason to remove your posts that read as spam.
Áery (NA)
: Hi Riot, has your fetish for damage made your forget about exhaust?
I mean, my most played summoner spell combination is exhaust flash, but whatever you say.
: I'm a Silver JUNGLE MAIN. Here are some JUNGLE TIPS I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE.
: Xerath, Vel'Koz and Kassadin are so forgotten, they didn't even make it to Mobile League.
I feel like every one of those champs would be difficult to implement imo. Yas is baby easy to play on mobile in comparison.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Could you not, Riot?
I will indeed mock your words.
Profirix (NA)
: He doesn't actually kite better since the movement speed was put at the END of his W. Building tanky is no longer optimal since you don't really need to survive for long periods of time anymore. You W to do damage, build Rylais if you must, and then lead into a stun. If you can't kill them before two or three cycles of W then you disengage. To be honest, the changes to Q really don't mean all that much. You rarely get more than a second stun off and anything more than that is just a lucky gimmick shot anyway. Personally I just went Spellbinder, Death Cap, Sorc Shoes, into Liandries. He is all about building AP now since you don't slow burn them down. They completely changed the way he works. Much better early game (probably overtuned and will see nerfs) and significantly worse late game (the opposite of Riot's intended changes with him). To clarify, he isn't bad, he was just turned into something that people really don't appreciate because it is a copy/paste archetype for burst mages with windows of opportunity and significant down time on a champion that requires 3 seconds of close proximity to apply most of his damage. His new role is bad and people aren't too happy about it. I also noticed while playing him that hit boxes seemed really off with his stars now and his auto attack wind up just felt off. I missed so much CS because I couldn't last hit with my auto since it took so damn long to fire.
At max level E, the EQ combo is actually good. You have 800 MS which makes it very difficult for enemies to escape so long as they didn’t catch vision of you when you started flying.
: What? The Q CD gained 1 second in exchange for 3 less CD mid game, which is significant considering most ASol builds don’t get CDR (unless you actually think GLP is superior to Rylai, lmao), but that isn’t “extremely high” from what it was before. He kites better now, he has his great roam still (TF ult range at rank 1 btw, Pantheon can only wish) and still fulfills the DPS fantasy. He is no longer hard reliant on landing his Q to do damage and assassins are no longer are a free win against him. He’s gonna be too strong in 1-2 weeks time. Go complain about what they did to Kayle instead
After playing him for a while, the new optimal way to play seems to rush flat AP, CDR, and slows. I rush GLP, then Rylai’s, and see where my build goes from there. Due to his increased burst, and more effective map presence at level 3, I like picking up hextech revolver on my first back, then ganking top or bot with the old QE combo. I’m disappointed that he has a much burstier play style now, but what can I do but learn to get good with the new ASol.
: You know Mobility is getting out of control when Riot has to give Annie an MS steriod.
I mean, at least Annie mains won’t be forced to take Predator. That was a little silly.
Mythrandill (EUNE)
: I like it too, they said they will repair the bugs that are right now
> [{quoted}](name=Mythrandill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gho9NEhZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-29T11:56:55.306+0000) > > I like it too, they said they will repair the bugs that are right now That’s great. I hope they fix the first row of “Chest Collected” buttons so that they aren’t off screen.
: Aurelion Sol ability rework feels.... horrible. I'm not going to play him anymore :(
I personally am really disappointed by the mini rework. The New E is great, and his ult is still really fun, but his identity as a really consistent control mage is gone now that his burst is more important.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: @Riot Please buff None
Honestly, the fact that they’re attack based and magic damage makes me think that this is the “Non-traditional Marksman” they teased a while back.
Rioter Comments
: Nice AD
That’s great. So many champs also have 63 base armour, so just pick up one armour rune and you get 69 armour. :)
: If Swain ever needed more changes at any point, I had a few ideas that I wanted to share
My only hope for Swain is that he would get Max HP scaling on his ult. That way I could build Spirit Visage without completely losing out on damage.
Show more

EATARI

Level 164 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion