Terozu (NA)
: Every time i see your profile pic, i think it's an angry Alistar.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XWmHi0eH,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-12-12T04:54:47.683+0000) > > Every time i see your profile pic, i think it's an angry Alistar. https://i.gyazo.com/cc6722cf6dcd25497c79b11adade03d8.jpg https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d7O8v5dCJHM/maxresdefault.jpg Its Ebonmaw, the OG Dragon of Twisted Treeline I havent updated the picture since the old Forums
: Wait.. Sett... Has fur...?
It seems like that cloak... is not a cloak.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Mecha Kingdoms, Dragon Slayers, Gaurdian of The Sands and Freljord Skins!
Sukishoo (NA)
: Well he's supposed to be like a fighter, I don't think he really cares to know people or know of people. He just wants a good fight.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qtKEEtes,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T02:08:18.268+0000) > > Well he's supposed to be like a fighter, I don't think he really cares to know people or know of people. He just wants a good fight. He wants to find his father, it would make sense for him to have quotes towards Draven and Alistar since they could know something about it (or Draven could even be the father)
: I do think we'll get Yone!?
I hope not. It would require to change the lore of Yasuo or apply necromancy... because Yasuo killed **and burried him.** Being burried means that he did not survive.
: Sett looks like he is in his late 20's or 30's. Draven is in his 40's probably. the timing would be weird. but also draven would not have stayed in ionia after the invasion. my bet is him and draven have a rivalry due to both being gladiators and them being ionian and noxian.
> [{quoted}](name=lowrankhero,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dHctErgW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-12T00:19:36.038+0000) > > Sett looks like he is in his late 20's or 30's. Draven is in his 40's probably. the timing would be weird. but also draven would not have stayed in ionia after the invasion. my bet is him and draven have a rivalry due to both being gladiators and them being ionian and noxian. To be fair, there are some territories in Ionia that belong to Noxus... And considering the whole Vastaya thing, Sett could have 17 years or 19 for sake of convenience.
: Holy banana's the downvote bot is angry
> [{quoted}](name=Iron Phantom,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OGbeALNr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T00:51:34.778+0000) > > Holy banana's the downvote bot is angry Geezz... What the hell with all those random downvotes in threads with less than 4 replies?
: So are the vastians related to the beings from sharima? (i appologize for spelling)
: Chembaron: What do you want to see in such a champion?
My answer is simple: Two Yordles. ... In a trench coat. https://i.imgur.com/zyywj4i.png
: There have been quite some changes to the regions, tbh. For example, Piltover and Zaun were not part of the same big city back then. Piltover just has been the cliche "good steampunk city", while Zaun was the "evil steampunk city". And both were rivaling each other. Now these 2 cities are actually connected and depend on each other. And Piltover isn't just shown as the good guys, since we know of their problems with corrupt aristrocrats. While Zaun is still a dangerous place, we now know that there is good stuff down there, too. Like Blitzcrank, Janna, and Zac who are all good guys trying to save people, unlike before. ________________ Besides.... Bandle City also had the silliest thematic and needed a change. Yordles have just been furry aliens who landed on Runeterra with their mothership. Just like **many** champions back then have just been aliens, btw. Anivia? From a cryophoenix planet. Malphite? Alien dude from a planet with rock people. Even Morgana and Kayle have been from another planet inhabited by angels. The whole "they are aliens" stuff was weird and kinda lazy. I am glad about the new direction they have taken for Bandle City.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MjhEqFF3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-08T08:38:29.772+0000) > > There have been quite some changes to the regions, tbh. > > For example, Piltover and Zaun were not part of the same big city back then. Piltover just has been the cliche "good steampunk city", while Zaun was the "evil steampunk city". And both were rivaling each other. > > Now these 2 cities are actually connected and depend on each other. And Piltover isn't just shown as the good guys, since we know of their problems with corrupt aristrocrats. > While Zaun is still a dangerous place, we now know that there is good stuff down there, too. Like Blitzcrank, Janna, and Zac who are all good guys trying to save people, unlike before. Just because Regions are not black and white cities any more, it doesnt mean that those places recieved changes as huge as the change to Bandle City. Sure, Zaun and Piltover were not in the same place back then, but they were close rivals of each other, a thing that still applied right now. That is not comparable to the change that the OP mentioned of "switching from a technological civilization to more magical", that is like changing the "evil steampunk city" theme of Zaun, to "good magical spiritual city ". Sure Janna fits with the "good magical city theme", but all the other Zaunites do not... That happened to Bandle, the only 2 champions that actually fit with the theme of "magical city of spiritual beings" are Lulu and Veigar (and Yummi, but she was added after the change), champions who were OUTCASTS in the old lore (and Veigar still is). > Besides.... Bandle City also had the silliest thematic and needed a change. Yordles have just been furry aliens who landed on Runeterra with their mothership. Just like **many** champions back then have just been aliens, btw. > > Anivia? From a cryophoenix planet. > Malphite? Alien dude from a planet with rock people. > Even Morgana and Kayle have been from another planet inhabited by angels. > > The whole "they are aliens" stuff was weird and kinda lazy. I am glad about the new direction they have taken for Bandle City. Actually, it was never confirmed that Yordles were aliens, in fact, the Mothership was older than them. And its not like we have a whole region about people who basically want to contact aliens to become aliens (Targon) And even the champions who were "just aliens" were not changed that much from their original themes (aside from Taric) Anivia is an elemental protector of Runeterra. Malphite is a weird rock dude from a land that is unknown from most of the people of Runeterra (like an alien) Morgana and Kayle are still "holy" beings that fight each other Renekton still a being corrupted by evil that blames his brother for what happened to him Nasus still a guardian of knowledge. The change to Bandle City is only comparable to the Changes to Trundle... who was transformed to a complete different kind of Troll after his VU... and that change only affected Trundle. In other hand the change to Bandle affected like 10 champs.
Jacksin (OCE)
: Are there more Icathians in Runeterra?
Considering this words from Jax lore: > After his homeland was laid low by its own hubris in unleashing the Void, Jax **and his kind **vowed to protect what little remained I think that, yes, there are more Icathians like Jax in Runeterra.
: Every Region in League has more or less stayed somewhat true to their origins except Bandle City.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MjhEqFF3,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-07T02:54:28.613+0000) > > I don't hate what Riot has done with Bandle City ... They have done ANYTHING with Bandle City? Because so far, we have barely gotten information about how to enter to the place and that is all. And even that is technically questionable since the lore says that "**opinions differ** as to where exactly the home of the yordles is to be found". The only actual 100% verified information about Bandle City (not the yordles, that is a separate thing) that we have in the Universe page AND THE BOOK, is "**Only one thing is known for certain**, and that is the timeless quality of Bandle City and its inhabitants." ... that and something about the spirit realm, but you know, "opinions differ" about that.
Kazekiba (NA)
: ... Most regions at tihs point are practically the exact opposite of what they were originally. HUGE disagree with the title. Bandle City needs either Yuumi's master or Corki's VGU to get its proper lore as it needs to remain consistent with those; It'll happen, but its a long time coming still.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MjhEqFF3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T06:24:34.078+0000) > > ... Most regions at tihs point are practically the exact opposite of what they were originally. HUGE disagree with the title. > > Bandle City needs either Yuumi's master or Corki's VGU to get its proper lore as it needs to remain consistent with those; It'll happen, but its a long time coming still. Agreed, how to forget when Zaun used to be a medieval town in the Sky, and the times where Freljord was also known as the Fire Nation because of all the volcanic magma that they had on that place. Or even better, i loved the old Bilgewater, who used to be a ninja village in the middle of the dessert... Those were the good old days... Oh, and Demacia, the Futuristic Town that was full of bandits, yeah Robot Bandits. Out of all those, my favorite region was Noxus, because it was a cowardly nation that wanted to live in peace with the Vikings of Ionia.
: It is really just like how Star Wars's "canon" is handled because of how far stretched the IP is while also remaining consistent. Idk how much you know about Star Wars but, The Clone Wars animed tv show must exist in the same universe as the game Jedi: Fallen Order, and while both radically different presentations of that universe they both succeed really well and don't break each other or conflict.
> [{quoted}](name=LeafyGreen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAIZncnt,comment-id=0001000400000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T16:22:59.795+0000) > > It is really just like how Star Wars's "canon" is handled because of how far stretched the IP is while also remaining consistent. Idk how much you know about Star Wars but, The Clone Wars animed tv show must exist in the same universe as the game Jedi: Fallen Order, and while both radically different presentations of that universe they both succeed really well and don't break each other or conflict. But most of the Star Wars things aside from Movies are not canon anymore thanks to the mouse.
: 2019 Lore Tournament - Day 7: The Echoes left Behind vs The Whispering Doodad
A lot of people talking about Kalista, Ledros and yordles... but no one has mentioned THE BEST. {{champion:119}} Anyways... im not voting for The Whispering Doodad because of Draven or the Yordles... the REAL reason is Tamara. Sure, Ledros is cool, but Tamara has already been seen in so many other stories and she keeps going. I love when a random NPC, from one random story, starts appearing in more and more stories like that... I would even say that we have more stories about her than Tristana or Lulu.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=000300000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T23:41:54.152+0000) > > Dude, im am aware of the old lore, i have been playing this game since season 1, you dont need to paste the whole thing here, just use a link instead, of course that i have read the whole Judgement (a Judgement that was not written by Riot entirely by the way, it was made in colab with Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade since they won the reff price, that is why he is the only champ that got a judgement after the League Judgements were discontinued). > > He only "targeted" Noxians in the 2(or 3 if you want to count the version without the IOW) stories that he had, because only Noxians apeared in those stories. Do you really think that this dude, who was being mentally and fisically corrupted by an evil force, had the power to tell who exactly was a noxian invader of Ionia and who was not a bad evil noxian? NO, he was going to become a murderer just like the new Varus or Pyke, killing those who he THINKS that did bad thing to him or his homeland. > > Your original argument was to update his voice over because you think that those voice lines do not fit the current state of Varus... and im telling you that they do. Even if YOU think that he is a monster without feelings and he is no longer a man, he still a man who does have feelings and he still caring about his family. All the current Voice Lines that he has make sense for both versions of Varus, is not like he is saying something like "I will kill all the Noxians who invaded my land" or "Good Job Summoner, lets kill more noxians because im a good ionian dude" > > His VO Could be improved to add the 2 dudes? Yes sure, but that doesnt mean that his current VO makes 0 sense as you say. His VO still doesn't make any sense because as you can tell in the Dark Kin story, Darkin Varus literally just loves killing, and that's it. He relishes in the fact that Valmar and Kai grow weaker with each kill. I don't remember seeing Old Varus go like "Ah yes, random traveler's on the road? Let me feast upon their flesh with my arrows" (this is pretty much what Darkin Varus did in the Dark Kin story). They are two different characters, one's a sociopathic monster with no ties to his past anymore; **because he doesn't show any**; and one is a solemn man who wants vengeance against the Noxians for what they did to his family and village. What's really funny to me especially, is that the lore you are using as support trying to say that Darkin Varus still cares about his family blah blah blah (I have yet to see him mention his old family once as a Darkin lol) was actually added in after the original lore change to Varus to make Darkin Varus seem more like Old Varus. This pre-darkin Varus lore about him being an ancient Shurima warden was, **to be clear**, added in after the lore update because people were pissed at Riot Games for retconning Varus' old lore. So it was pretty much half-assed (literally, copy and paste as you did) lore to try and make up for completely changing Old Varus' lore... and it failed horribly because of the key differences that the two characters show in their personality and behavioral patterns. Now, his VO would still make sense if in the lore we see Darkin Varus after leaving the pit with Kai and Valmar sludging about **not** murdering innocent random tribesmen and talking about how he misses his family and wants to take vengeance on those who took his original **Shuriman** family, then yes the VO would still make sense for the most part. Besides the "Beware a man with nothing to lose." I don't know how anyone can say: "Yes, Darkin Varus is a man, not a Darkin." Uh, no... he's a Darkin lol. You can't have it both ways. Now sure he has two men inside of him but that doesn't make much sense for them to say that line either because they still have each other lol. Also don't try to say the family he misses is his sister. That's not an actual family, they fought with each other when they weren't busy destroying other people. That's more like a brother/sisterhood ala Assassin's Creed type of terminology.
You keep talking about old Varus as he was a beacon of hope that only killed bad evil noxians who were 100% evil becasue they all invaded their home as was totaly not being corruped by a malevolent energy. Do you really think that he was not going to continue killing inocent lives after killing all the noxians? No, the dude was going to become a monster just like the new Varus... and NONE of his quotes say anything about "oh yeah, im not going to kill you because you are an inocent good guy" All of his quotes, even the jokes, are about him killing people and vengance. And guess what? You can blame innocent people for the actions of others, Pyke does that, and so does Varus... To you they may see innocents, but for him, they are not. The only quote that you think that does not make sense is ""Beware a man with nothing to lose."", and even if you dont agree with it, he IS a man, a Darkin can be a man, an Aspect can be woman... those things are not races or genders, those are words used to describe a **human** that gained some kind of magical cosmic power. And even if the quote was not applied to Varus himself, he could be talking about Val, because he cant lose the only thing that he has (Kai) because of the prophecy... and Val has shown to be easily influenced by Varus.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAIZncnt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-07T00:52:01.831+0000) > > Even if i love the idea... i think this may create a big mess in the lore, since many different developers may percieve the lore in different ways and then contradictions may happen. > > Will some games become "more canon" than others or what? I asked a bunch of Rioters about it and apparently they have full control over the lore direction the games would take. They can advise and influence it, and it it takes a direction they don't agree with aka it doesn't stay true to the lore they can just say no
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAIZncnt,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2019-12-07T07:52:50.200+0000) > > I asked a bunch of Rioters about it and apparently they have full control over the lore direction the games would take. They can advise and influence it, and it it takes a direction they don't agree with aka it doesn't stay true to the lore they can just say no I understand that they wil supervise the games, but im asking this due what they say about Legends of Runeterra weeks ago: Sure, the game is based on canon lore... however, there are things that are not really "canon canon" and are just "posibilities of being canon" (Like the T-Hex for example) Were we draw the line between this is "100% canon that happened" and "this is based on canon"?
GenoXx (NA)
: So Riot Forge was made....
Even if i love the idea... i think this may create a big mess in the lore, since many different developers may percieve the lore in different ways and then contradictions may happen. Will some games become "more canon" than others or what?
: I could write another essay in response disproving most of the things you said, but I don't want to really. Instead what I will say is that most of the things you claim, are actually not in any lore about Darkin Varus. I don't remember him only killing the Icathians and stopping, no sir. He kept going and slaughtering anything that stood in his path. Darkin Varus is a Darkin, he's no longer a human like you keep claiming. Again, way to make Kai and Valmar completely fucking useless (and trashing on the three story pieces Riot has made starring them) and literally proving the point of why tons of people who liked Varus' old lore hate his new one: Kai and Valmar appear useless to them. I have never said this and my original argument was to please update his voice over to reflect this massive lore update that happened, including Kai and Valmar in the voice over because they should have voice lines; they are all in the same body; this is very similar to Aphelios and Alune where we hear Alune speaking in his voice lines. Old Varus only targeted Noxians. Where you cherry picked one phrase out of context, here is the full version. _REFLECTION_ _Teaching is learning._ _Showing Theshan where to hold the bow, how to draw, and how to remember his breath gave Varus a better understanding of these things himself. His son would need to know these things for himself; his father had been anointed Temple Guardian, after all. He wouldn't always be there._ _Varus wasn't there now, strictly speaking; none of this was real, and his clever eyes knew it._ _This was some game Summoners played to amuse themselves with aspirants to the League. But here was his son, blessedly alive. He tousled the boy's warm hair. Varus knew what was coming, and he took such blessings where he could. The two of them looked up the hill, up, until they saw the Temple itself._ _It was older than the village, much older. A statement from a bygone era of plenty, there was no pragmatism in its construction._ _"A Pit of Pallas," said the son who was not his son. "There is a Pit of Pallas there."_ _"I did not know it at the time, but yes," replied Varus._ _"They left a single man in its defense?"_ _"They did."_ _Much surprised him about his new role. The old prayers he'd said every day since he was a boy, it seemed, were missing a few grave syllables; the Elders had been holding out._ _Tattoos of the clever Owl, applied to the face, chest, and arms had altered his perception; this too was surprising. Then, there was The Pit. Round, and just five feet across, it was hard to imagine that this featureless disc could be the source of so much concern._ _He was most surprised, perhaps, when - on his first night's vigil - it began to speak._ _Not with words, no - words would have been much easier to deflect. It spoke in moments, mostly: images, sensations. It knew of people, it could taste them on the air. It knew that they had a hive at the base of its hill, where they writhed in their nonsense bodies. Varus could sense its confusion, and something like hurt; the isolation of the temple had accrued in it. It wanted to show him something he would like. It wanted to make something for him. Its urge was to please._ _This was not the "implacable beast" he had been sworn to contain._ _Once, as Varus entered the sanctum to perform the morning's Rite of Sealing, he was made to see himself, surrounded by others of his village, standing with a young man's vigor while those around him withered like crops, their skins falling off like sacks. He could sense that it seemed somehow pleased with itself._ _"Now?" it offered, confident in the reply._ _"No," replied Varus._ _When it spoke next, he ceased to exist in the present altogether. Instead he waded through ankle-high blood, the ripples he made growing and rising until they roared and crashed. He heard a voice, then, or the idea of a voice, which said, pleadingly, "Now?"_ _The bite of the incense, with its teeth of rosemary and oak, cut through the vision. He fell back on the palms of his hands, turning and scrambling to load the brazier. It tipped on its copper chain, spilling and searing his hands._ _"NOW?"_ _It crashed against his mind, but the Owl asserted itself. It gave him will enough to pull himself along the mazelike walls to the doorway, where he could see the village burning; again, he had to see it all again._ _He ran, though he didn't entirely know why; there was a part of him that thought if he took this path, slid down this face instead of that, maybe it would be different. Perhaps he would not find his broken wife alongside his broken boy alongside his broken bow; perhaps he would not pick up that bow and bring it back to the Temple._ _He was wrong._ _He was given a vision then of a thousand, thousand dead. It was a wedge pounded through his ribs and into his heart. He fell to his knees._ _"Now?" It was almost a whisper._ _"Now," Varus whispered back. "Now, **** you."_ _And when he did so it broke a dam deep in the earth, so that the placid disc of the pool reached up from its heart and splashed out, leaving jags of hot black glass standing wherever it touched. It was flowing through the air, around the curling smoke until it struck Varus off his feet. It peeled his hand, digesting it, consuming the bow. It ate both arms, and both legs, stopping out of... respect, if respect it may be called, for the Owl; it would not surpass the markings. In a moment of detached madness, Varus wondered how long that would last._ _The Reflection wavered, and a summoner panted with exertion; the images wrested themselves from their bindings, careening through a nightmarish series of scenes with an animal immediacy. The room solidified, rendered overbright by the alien senses which collected the last few years of Varus' grim past:_ _Only the tips of each of his toes touched the ground; Varus knew the force couldn't be far. When he overtook them, the cart at the head of the column had the wisdom to encourage its horses. Those without wisdom, or those cursed by circumstance, began to die with terrible speed._ _As Varus slowed, an apparatus with a bow's purpose, if not its shape, leapt to life for the first time at his wrist. He needed not be instructed in its use; a man was instantly pierced, burst like a wineskin. This proved a true inspiration to his fellows, who found within themselves a speed they never knew possible; though even at this speed, they were still beings of flesh and blood. Insufficient._ _Though what it fired wasn't an arrow, it behaved as one; it ruined as one, travelled through the Noxian insignia, out of one gasping soldier and into another, exploding with six thirsting tongues that gripped and snared. With every death Varus shot faster, until by the end there was no sense that each shot was discrete. The Prey simply ran until it fell. It was elegant horror._ _Time passed quickly. There were more hunts, and more blood; mercies were promised, but withheld. Darkness swirled with the scent of wet leaves, oddly sweet, the broken bodies of men and women rendered wholly abstract in the course of their annihilation. Varus knelt over a sundered cart to seize a communique, pierced through by one of his sharp tendrils; it revealed the names of yet a few more Noxian dogs, responsible for issuing the order..._ _The ****ing order. What they took from him he would repay a thousand-fold._ _A summoner stepped forward, her mask of judgment impassive, her presence sweeping away the last threads of the vision. "Your purpose here is clear. You have discerned that among our Champions there exist Noxian agents. This, all of this," she waved her hand, "is the prosecution of some vendetta."_ _"You understand, of course, that your vengeance is not the purpose of this League?" she said, eyes narrowed._ _"By now, you surely realize," said Varus, or the amalgam which stood before them cloaked in Varus, its tongue swollen and black._ _"It is the only purpose I have left."_ Old Varus was talking about the order from the Noxians, again, only focusing on Noxians as his target. As we all know, Darkin Varus kills whomever he pleases, he kept going long after the Ithacians, even fighting amongst his own kind.
> [{quoted}](name=Truesworn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T22:52:48.881+0000) > > I could write another essay in response disproving most of the things you said, but I don't want to really. Instead what I will say is that most of the things you claim, are actually not in any lore about Darkin Varus. I don't remember him only killing the Icathians and stopping, no sir. He kept going and slaughtering anything that stood in his path. Darkin Varus is a Darkin, he's no longer a human like you keep claiming. Again, way to make Kai and Valmar completely fucking useless (and trashing on the three story pieces Riot has made starring them) and literally proving the point of why tons of people who liked Varus' old lore hate his new one: Kai and Valmar appear useless to them. I have never said this and my original argument was to please update his voice over to reflect this massive lore update that happened, including Kai and Valmar in the voice over because they should have voice lines; they are all in the same body; this is very similar to Aphelios and Alune where we hear Alune speaking in his voice lines. Old Varus only targeted Noxians. Where you cherry picked one phrase out of context, here is the full version. Dude, im am aware of the old lore, i have been playing this game since season 1, you dont need to paste the whole thing here, just use a link instead, of course that i have read the whole Judgement (a Judgement that was not written by Riot entirely by the way, it was made in colab with Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade since they won the reff price, that is why he is the only champ that got a judgement after the League Judgements were discontinued). He only "targeted" Noxians in the 2(or 3 if you want to count the version without the IOW) stories that he had, because only Noxians apeared in those stories. Do you really think that this dude, who was being mentally and fisically corrupted by an evil force, had the power to tell who exactly was a noxian invader of Ionia and who was not a bad evil noxian? NO, he was going to become a murderer just like the new Varus or Pyke, killing those who he THINKS that did bad thing to him or his homeland. Your original argument was to update his voice over because you think that those voice lines do not fit the current state of Varus... and im telling you that they do. Even if YOU think that he is a monster without feelings and he is no longer a man, he still a man who does have feelings and he still caring about his family. All the current Voice Lines that he has make sense for both versions of Varus, is not like he is saying something like "I will kill all the Noxians who invaded my land" or "Good Job Summoner, lets kill more noxians because im a good ionian dude" His VO Could be improved to add the 2 dudes? Yes sure, but that doesnt mean that his current VO makes 0 sense as you say.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-06T20:12:06.077+0000) > > The fact that you say "Darkin Race" tells me that you know little about the lore. > > Varus, just like {{champion:86}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:19}}{{champion:101}}, was born Human, even is some of them may not look like it. "Darkin" is not a race, its a term used to reffer Ascended who went insane after the fall of Shurima, and all of those Ascended, were humans. Humans with human lives, human families and human feelings. > > The Varus that we have RIGHT NOW in game, was a human who sacrificed everything to protect the sacred temple and do his duty which he thought was the greater good against a massive onslaught of Icathians. He then fell into sorrow and grief at the sight of his slain son and ravaged wife... eventually leading to vengeance. He decided to become Ascended, granting him the strength necessary to exact revenge on those who killed his wife and son. This simultaneously putting his own life in mortal danger as the corruption slowly consumed his mind, but he pushes ever onward, bound and determined to make those pay for what they did. > > See what i did there? I described the new lore of Varus using almost the same words that you used. > > Like... seriously... Read this paragraph of his lore: > > If you remplace Shurima with Ionia and Icathia with Noxus you get the same lore as the old Varus. I'm using it as a general term. Much like strategy games might divide their different societies by terms like: civilization, race, peoples, etc. Also, let's get one thing straight. The Varus in the game RIGHT now is a Darkin. He's not a human, he hasn't been a human in the literal forever of Runeterra (a real long ass time). Now, some differences you for some reason overlooked when you replaced certain words in my description of old Varus. It's almost like you don't know the lore... 1. It just says family for Darkin Varus, so don't just slap it in there that he has a wife and son. We don't know what his family consisted of. 2. Darkin Varus didn't have a sorrow period, he went to straight blood-thirsty, a pretty key difference. He was meditating about how he was going to kill the literal shit out of everything (as demonstrated when he first arrives out of the pit after combining Valmar and Kai with himself, then kills 16 or so people for no reason other than why not I'm an edge lord). 3. Another key difference, becoming Ascended wasn't a curse, or corruption of any kind, it was a gift. A gift he selfishly accepted so he could use it to dominate others. Old Varus gravely took on the power the pit of corruption offered him (it was sentient by the way, it had been whispering to him for years in some of the old Varus tales **(LOOK THESE UP THEY ARE AMAZING)** but he resisted for so long), and only deciding to use it for vengeance against the perpetrators of the invasion on his homeland, not against the innocent (hence the anti-hero vibe). Becoming Ascended didn't make Darkin Varus become consumed with vengeance, he was already entirely consumed the moment he lost his family. Still going off that horrible usage of inputting words where they don't belong... Darkin Varus when he became Ascended is no longer human, therefore doesn't have a mortal life, therefore the "corruption consuming his mind" you tried tossing out makes no sense because he's basically a god now in Runeterra, therefore there is no mortal danger to him and once again, no corruption as he was already entirely bent on vengeance with no mercy for anyone. Meanwhile, old Varus remains a human after combining with the corruption, just imbued with powerful abilities and a badass bow. But now his life is on a literal timer because sooner or later, the corruption will take over not only his mind, but his body too (the sacred owl tatoo was one of the things holding it back, but it was losing it's effectiveness). Old Varus constantly is at war with the corruption inside of him, because if he gave into it, he would have been lost forever and actually been more like Darkin Varus in that regard. But he doesn't, he fights it constantly so he can carry out his mission. These finer but important details really fucking matter when comparing the two and why people are pissed Riot retconned old Varus. 4. Darkin Varus isn't selective about his targets like old Varus is, it literally says in the lore you supplied that he committed "atrocity after atrocity." Your whole "but he pushes ever onward, bound and determined to make those pay for what they did." Who is those? As far as I know Darkin Varus just murders random people like I mentioned up above earlier when he kills 16 random people. This is another key difference as to why they aren't the "same fucking champion" and are actually different champions. Darkin Varus is on a free-for-all kill buffet, old Varus only hunts the guilty behind the invasion on Ionia. In conclusion my young Padawan, they are not the same. One is a blood-thirsty monster who wants to take over the universe, while the other is an afflicted human looking for closure against the Noxians for what they did to him. Also, nice job on completely dismissing my third paragraph and skipping right to the last one, I guess you have no argument against what I stated. Here it is again. > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:49:02.504+0000) > > As you said, Valamar and Kai have zero references in game because you are not playing as them, they are not the shuriman dude called Varus, in game you are hearing Varus, the shuriman, the fallen ascended, the darkin. > > The lore of New Varus and Old Varus its THE SAME, just remplace Ionia with Shurima and Noxus with Icathia/Void. The 2 random ionians of the new lore are as relevant as the random dude who is being controled by Aatrox... But you dont hear that random dude in game, Do you want the VO of Aatrox to be updated to include that random dude as well? > [{quoted}](name=Truesworn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-06T19:17:50.702+0000) > > And lastly, so what you're saying about Valmar and Kai is that they are basically useless and deserve no recognition in the game? It's all about the no personality power hungry Darkin Varus? You do realize those two hunters were a big part of the whole lore update to Darkin Varus... so much so that Riot Games made a pretty good music video about them, and comic strips featuring lots of dialogue between Darkin Varus, Kai and Valmar.
> [{quoted}](name=Truesworn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-12-06T21:06:53.576+0000) > > I'm using it as a general term. Much like strategy games might divide their different societies by terms like: civilization, race, peoples, etc. > > Also, let's get one thing straight. The Varus in the game RIGHT now is a Darkin. He's not a human, he hasn't been a human in the literal forever of Runeterra (a real long ass time). > > Now, some differences you for some reason overlook when you replaced certain words in my description of old Varus. It's almost like you don't know the lore... > > 1. It just says family for Darkin Varus, so don't just slap it in there that he has a wife and son. We don't know what his family consisted of. Actually that was mentioned by a member of Riot in a post on the boards. > 2. Darkin Varus didn't have a sorrow period, he went to straight blood-thirsty, a pretty key difference. He was meditating about how he was going to kill the literal shit out of everything (as demonstrated when he first arrives out of the pit after consuming Valmar and Kai, kills 16 or so people for no reason other than why not I'm an edge lord). He had a sorrow period when he was an Ascended. What happened in the pit was years after that. And you say that as if Old Varus did not killed tons of Noxians in the pit as well. > 3. Another key difference, becoming Ascended wasn't a curse, or corruption of any kind, it was a gift. A gift he selfishly accepted so he could use it to dominate others. Old Varus gravely took on the power the pit of corruption offered him (it was sentient by the way, it had been whispering to him for years in some of the old Varus tales **(LOOK THESE UP THEY ARE AMAZING)** but he resisted for so long), and only deciding to use it for vengeance against the perpetrators of the invasion on his homeland, not against the innocent (hence the anti-hero vibe). Becoming Ascended didn't make Darkin Varus become consumed with vengeance, he was already entirely consumed the moment he lost his family. Still going off that horrible usage of inputting words where they don't belong... Darkin Varus when he became Ascended is no longer human, therefore doesn't have a mortal life, therefore the "corruption consuming his mind" you tried tossing out makes no sense because he's basically a god now in Runeterra, therefore there is no mortal danger to him and once again, no corruption as he was already entirely bent on vengeance with no mercy for anyone. Meanwhile, old Varus remains a human after combining with the corruption, just imbued with powerful abilities and a badass bow. But now his life is on a literal timer because sooner or later, the corruption will take over not only his mind, but his body (the sacred owl tatoo was one of the things holding it back, but it was losing it's effectiveness). Old Varus constantly is at war with the corruption inside of him, because if he gave into it, he would have been lost forever and actually been more like Darkin Varus in that regard. But he doesn't, he fights it constantly so he can carry out his mission. These finer but important details really fucking matter when comparing the two and why people are pissed Riot retconned old Varus. His mind slowly started being corrupted thanks to the power of that "gift", a "gift" that he took to kill the Icathians as vengance just like Old Varus took the power of the pit to kill Noxians. You say that old Varus only wanted "vengeance against the perpetrators of the invasion on his homeland, not against the innocent" when the old lore makes clear that he wanted to kill ALL the Noxians involved, regarless if they were not soldiers or they were childs, etc. Just because the new Varus is "inmortal", it doesnt mean that the corruption has no effect on him and Ascendeds can actually die. The corruption of the Ascendeds did changed their mind to the point that they used blood magic to twist their own bodies, changing their bodies as well. Like you said "Old Varus constantly is at war with the corruption inside of him, because if he gave into it, he would have been lost forever and actually been more like Darkin Varus in that regard." and i agree, New Varus is what Old Varus was going to become. Thinking that he was going to stay as this "good anti-hero" guy forever makes the whole corruption thing pointless. The life of old Varus was on a "literal timer" and New Varus reached that timer. > 4. Darkin Varus isn't selective about his targets like old Varus is, it literally says in the lore you supplied that he committed "atrocity after atrocity." Your whole "but he pushes ever onward, bound and determined to make those pay for what they did." Who is those? As far as I know Darkin Varus just murders random people like I mentioned up above earlier when he kills 16 random people. This is another key difference as to why they aren't the "same fucking champion" and are actually different champions. Darkin Varus is on a free-for-all kill buffet, old Varus only hunts the guilty behind the invasion on Ionia. I want to quote this from his League Judgement: _What they took from him he would repay a thousand-fold._ Does that sound like a good guy who only wants to protect ionia and only wants to kill the ones who he considers "guilty"? No, that sounded like he wanted murder all the noxians invaders, their families and villages with no mercy. Do you really think that he had the magical power of knowing who invaded Ionia and who didnt? No, he was going to kill all the Noxians, regardless if they went to war or not. > In conclusion my young Padawan, they are not the same. One is a blood-thirsty monster who wants to take over the universe, while the other is an afflicted human looking for closure against the Noxians for what they did to him. Both are corrupted humans looking for closure against for what others did to them. One of them is more corrupted than the other, but the other one was going to get to that same point as well. > Also, nice job on completely dismissing my third paragraph and skipping right to the last one, I guess you have no argument against what I stated. Here it is again. _And lastly, so what you're saying about Valmar and Kai is that they are basically useless and deserve no recognition in the game? It's all about the no personality power hungry Darkin Varus? You do realize those two hunters were a big part of the whole lore update to Darkin Varus... so much so that Riot Games made a pretty good music video about them, and comic strips featuring lots of dialogue between Darkin Varus, Kai and Valmar._ Cheers. They could get recognition in the game, but is not necessary because the champion is called "Varus" not "Varus and his amazing friends"
tamaya (NA)
: 【The impression I have about the current story of Varus】 ~~Varus was once a paragon of loyalty and honor. A skilled archer of the ancient Shuriman empire, **he was appointed as a temple warder in the eastern states, and he held this duty sacred above all else.During the earliest stages of the war with Icathia, even though it lay far from that cursed place, Varus’ homeland was attacked. While other wardens abandoned their posts to join the defense of the outlying villages, he alone remained, screaming in anguish with every arrow he loosed—for he had chosen to uphold his oaths rather than return home to protect his own family.As one of the great Ascended, he was utterly consumed by his pursuit of vengeance against the Icathians, and the voidling horrors they had unleashed. It is likely that Varus did not even fully comprehend Shurima’s ultimate victory in that war, so twisted had his mind become—nor the empire’s fall centuries later. Atrocity after atrocity blurred together, leaving him as a withdrawn, callous killer, reshaped and sent into battle countless times by his degenerate brethren.~~ **Well, after all these twists and turns, but he's a Darkin now. Please enjoy the story of Darkin Varus! He's taking revenge and he cares about his family! (Son? Wife? What is that?)** Let me add > Varus’ homeland was attacked. While other wardens abandoned their posts to join the defense of the outlying villages, he alone remained, screaming in anguish with every arrow he loosed—for he had chosen to uphold his oaths rather than return home to protect his own family. The description so far is very good. > Emissaries from the Ascended Host found him kneeling in solemn meditation amid the corpses of his foes.It was said that his cold gaze unsettled even the god-warriors themselves, and yet, in recognition of his noble sacrifice, Varus was offered a place in their ranks. ****.
Darkin are literally corrupted individuals, Varus was a corrupt individual in the old lore. The old lore did not even specified what kind of corruption he had. Saying "Oh no, he is a darkin now, nothing that he did in the past matters anymore" is like saying "Oh no, he has corruption pants now, nothing that he did in the past matters anymore"
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:49:02.504+0000) > > I just said that they will do what they did with Lucian: Update his VO when the new champion is released. > > The lore of Varus, you know, the shuriman dude who lost his family during the attack of an enemy army because he was defending something important, does not contradict the VO of old Varus, the ionian dude who lost his family during the attack of an enemy army because he was defending something important. > > As you said, Valamar and Kai have zero references in game because you are not playing as them, they are not the shuriman dude called Varus, in game you are hearing Varus, the shuriman, the fallen ascended, the darkin. > > The lore of New Varus and Old Varus its THE SAME, just remplace Ionia with Shurima and Noxus with Icathia/Void. The 2 random ionians of the new lore are as relevant as the random dude who is being controled by Aatrox... But you dont hear that random dude in game, Do you want the VO of Aatrox to be updated to include that random dude as well? I'm saying they should have already updated his VO to reflect his current lore, and then do a small VO update like they did with Lucian, but instead to Darkin Varus when his sister is released. If they care so much about the lore and the universe of their game, then this is a glaring issue. Also, are you really trying to tell me the Darkin, a race who is no doubt the most boring we've seen so far in League of Legends, who are full of edginess, and pretty much completely devoid of all personality... have actual feelings? That's adorable. Let's be clear, Darkin Varus just wants power. And lastly, so what you're saying about Valmar and Kai is that they are basically useless and deserve no recognition in the game? It's all about the no personality power hungry Darkin Varus? You do realize those two hunters were a big part of the whole lore update to Darkin Varus... so much so that Riot Games made a pretty good music video about them, and comic strips featuring lots of dialogue between Darkin Varus, Kai and Valmar. See myself and many others, much prefer the old human Varus; the tale of the anti-hero; a man (not some god) who sacrificed everything to protect the sacred temple and do his duty which he thought was the greater good against a massive onslaught of Noxians. He then fell into sorrow and grief at the sight of his slain son and ravaged wife... eventually leading to vengeance. He decided to consume the vile power within the Pit of Pallas, granting him the strength necessary to exact revenge on those who killed his wife and son. This simultaneously putting his own life in mortal danger as the corruption slowly consumes his very flesh, but he pushes ever onward, bound and determined to make those pay for what they did.
The fact that you say "Darkin Race" tells me that you know little about the lore. Varus, just like {{champion:86}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:19}}{{champion:101}}, was born Human, even is some of them may not look like it. "Darkin" is not a race, its a term used to reffer Ascended who went insane after the fall of Shurima, and all of those Ascended, were humans. Humans with human lives, human families and human feelings. The Varus that we have RIGHT NOW in game, was a human who sacrificed everything to protect the sacred temple and do his duty which he thought was the greater good against a massive onslaught of Icathians. He then fell into sorrow and grief at the sight of his slain son and ravaged wife... eventually leading to vengeance. He decided to become Ascended, granting him the strength necessary to exact revenge on those who killed his wife and son. This simultaneously putting his own life in mortal danger as the corruption slowly consumed his mind, but he pushes ever onward, bound and determined to make those pay for what they did. See what i did there? I described the new lore of Varus using almost the same words that you used. Like... seriously... Read this paragraph of his lore: > Varus was once a paragon of loyalty and honor. A skilled archer of the ancient Shuriman empire, **he was appointed as a temple warder in the eastern states, and he held this duty sacred above all else. > During the earliest stages of the war with Icathia, even though it lay far from that cursed place, Varus’ homeland was attacked. While other wardens abandoned their posts to join the defense of the outlying villages, he alone remained, screaming in anguish with every arrow he loosed—for he had chosen to uphold his oaths rather than return home to protect his own family. > Emissaries from the Ascended Host found him kneeling in solemn meditation amid the corpses of his foes. It was said that his cold gaze unsettled even the god-warriors themselves, and yet, in recognition of his noble sacrifice, Varus was offered a place in their ranks. > As one of the great Ascended, he was utterly consumed by his pursuit of vengeance against the Icathians, and the voidling horrors they had unleashed. It is likely that Varus did not even fully comprehend Shurima’s ultimate victory in that war, so twisted had his mind become—nor the empire’s fall centuries later. Atrocity after atrocity blurred together, leaving him as a withdrawn, callous killer, reshaped and sent into battle countless times by his degenerate brethren. If you remplace Shurima with Ionia and Icathia with Noxus you get the same lore as the old Varus.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:27:33.232+0000) > > If you cant wait, then leave the game and stop crying about it. There are tons of other champs that need Voice Updates. > > I bet that if Riot updated his VO, they will complain that Varus has no quotes towards her if she get released afterwards. I've been waiting... for them to reverse the lore update to Varus if that's what you mean. And while there are other champions who need VO updates, in my opinion, if you change a champion's lore this much like they did with Varus, then they better be at the forefront of a VO update. A VO update **SHOULD** have been part of the lore update. Also, why not do what they did with Lucian since they seem to like that method so much? Release the all important sister then add in the few lines Varus will mention/interact with her. I remember they were so proud of releasing their first gay champion, yet in-game this champion has yet to exist. Valmar and Kai have zero references in-game. All that hard work and pride... the hypocrisy is real.
> [{quoted}](name=Truesworn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:38:42.172+0000) > > I've been waiting... for them to reverse the lore update to Varus if that's what you mean. And while there are other champions who need VO updates, in my opinion, if you change a champion's lore this much like they did with Varus, then they better be at the forefront of a VO update. A VO update **SHOULD** have been part of the lore update. > > Also, why not do what they did with Lucian since they seem to like that method so much? Release the all important sister then add in the few lines Varus will mention/interact with her. I remember they were so proud of releasing their first gay champion, yet in-game this champion has yet to exist. Valmar and Kai have zero references in-game. All that hard work and pride... the hypocrisy is real. I just said that they will do what they did with Lucian: Update his VO when the new champion is released. The lore of Varus, you know, the shuriman dude who lost his family during the attack of an enemy army because he was defending something important, does not contradict the VO of old Varus, the ionian dude who lost his family during the attack of an enemy army because he was defending something important. As you said, Valamar and Kai have zero references in game because you are not playing as them, they are not the shuriman dude called Varus, in game you are hearing Varus, the shuriman, the fallen ascended, the darkin. The lore of New Varus and Old Varus its THE SAME, just remplace Ionia with Shurima and Noxus with Icathia/Void. The 2 random ionians of the new lore are as relevant as the random dude who is being controled by Aatrox... But you dont hear that random dude in game, Do you want the VO of Aatrox to be updated to include that random dude as well?
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:13:52.077+0000) > > Maybe... just MAYBE, they are waiting for the release of a major character that is big part of Varus story (_the sister_) in order to update his VO.... The sister that we literally know nothing about? Oh right how could I forget. Can't wait to _wait_ another three of so years till we get around to that.
> [{quoted}](name=Truesworn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=la7bOhUz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-06T18:23:27.176+0000) > > The sister that we literally know nothing about? Oh right how could I forget. Can't wait to _wait_ another three of so years till we get around to that. If you cant wait, then leave the game and stop crying about it. There are tons of other champs that need Voice Updates. Singed for example has 37 _seconds_ of Voice Over, that is like 1/4 of the voice overs of Varus... and he is just one of many other champs like that. And before you say it: Yes the quotes of Varus DO make sense, even after the Retcon, because Varus was a human who lost his family and became a "monster" to avenge them, just like in the old lore. > During the earliest stages of the war with Icathia, even though it lay far from that cursed place, Varus’ homeland was attacked. While other wardens abandoned their posts to join the defense of the outlying villages, he alone remained, screaming in anguish with every arrow he loosed—for he had chosen to uphold his oaths rather than return home to protect his own family. > > Emissaries from the Ascended Host found him kneeling in solemn meditation amid the corpses of his foes. It was said that his cold gaze unsettled even the god-warriors themselves, and yet, in recognition of his noble sacrifice, Varus was offered a place in their ranks. I bet that if Riot updated his VO, people will complain that Varus has no quotes towards her if she get released afterwards.
: Hello Varus hello... is there anybody in there?
> Yet for those of you who don't know, Lucian received a VO update with Senna's release.. Maybe... just MAYBE, they are waiting for the release of a major character that is big part of Varus story (_the sister_) in order to update his VO.... We KNOW that the Darkin Sister will be a champion and she is an important character in the lore of Varus... it would be weird if Riot updates him before her release and leaves them without interactions because of that.
: Basically i'm saying https://map.leagueoflegends.com/en_US make live changes to that and then i gave a couple ways on how they could change it and then after that im taking about how they could further push the lore with live changes to the map like tell us more about what happened to Lux after she left Demacia with all those mages they could make a cinematic or a short story with pictures like a comic.
> [{quoted}](name=PurpleTruffl3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JvEATx1s,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-05T22:53:55.243+0000) > > Basically i'm saying https://map.leagueoflegends.com/en_US make live changes to that and then i gave a couple ways on how they could change it Its a map... Unless Jhin activates a nuclear bomb that destroy Ionia, i dont see how he would change the map. The only example that makes sense is the one of Swain, but Noxus is not expanding the territory right now. The only relevant update to the map has been the adition of Ixaocan.
: Make live changes to the map on universe
> [{quoted}](name=PurpleTruffl3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JvEATx1s,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-05T22:37:32.892+0000) > you know what i'm taking about. I genuinely have no idea what are you talking about.
Arakadia (NA)
: Riot has gone out of their way to 'remove the ugly' in League. Weird, awkward, or unsexy stuff has been largely removed whenever they get updated art of a character. And modern skin splasharts of Vlad have consistently given him a certain appearance. Count Vladimir is a valid comparison for what he should look like in alternative art because its modern. Nosferatu is not a valid comparison for what he should look like because it is very outdated and goes very far away from his canon physical features.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-04T02:24:59.190+0000) > > Riot has gone out of their way to 'remove the ugly' in League. Weird, awkward, or unsexy stuff has been largely removed whenever they get updated art of a character. > > And modern skin splasharts of Vlad have consistently given him a certain appearance. Count Vladimir is a valid comparison for what he should look like in alternative art because its modern. Nosferatu is not a valid comparison for what he should look like because it is very outdated and goes very far away from his canon physical features. Unless its specifically stated by Riot (like in the case of Captain MF), skins do not reflect what the champion canonically looks like since skins are in an alternative universe. The current situation of Vladimir, is that he does not look as good as other champs, and that is it.
: You're assuming the change most people want is extremely radical when base Vlad's splash is already pretty close to being quite good, and the changes it needs are no bigger then the changes champs like Ashe and MF get between portrayals. EDIT: And frankly your explanation of "different portrayals" also assumes too much given that the person specifically said "different portrayals due to reworks". Frankly I think you're making really big assumptions which may seem obvious to you but aren't necessarily trivial.
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T20:44:09.180+0000) > > You're assuming the change most people want is extremely radical when base Vlad's splash is already pretty close to being quite good, and the changes it needs are no bigger then the changes champs like Ashe and MF get between portrayals. Can you blame me? You are the one that said "Appendix 2: Is it so hard to make minor adjustments to the design that bring him closer to the irresistible king of the night he's supposed to be?" https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fee5oqyl42wc31.jpg&key=a45e967db0914c7fb472fd4381e6c85b&width=150 Because that is a quite radical change in my opinion.
: You're assuming that onion hair and exaggerated claws (that don't even match the ingame model) are as essential to Vlad as Wolf is to Kindred, which is a pretty big assumption, especially seeing how much other champions change between games and cinematics. And regarding Taric, the quote implies that if Vlad were to get updated, he would stay the same in LoR, resulting in a old Taric-new Taric levels of difference. By your logic if the designers are as concerned with consistency they should promise to update champions in both games, or not update champions at all. EDIT: Honestly I feel for Riot when working with this champ, they desperately need things to make him more distinct and less generic but they can do that without sticking to the goofy/outdated stuff. If instead his design has thematic elements screaming "blood mage" and "Noxus" and "Darkin" and "Black Rose", he'll be quite recognizable
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T20:21:35.695+0000) > > You're assuming that onion hair and exaggerated claws (that don't even match the ingame model) are as essential to Vlad as Wolf is to Kindred, which is a pretty big assumption, especially seeing how much other champions change between games and cinematics. > > > And regarding Taric, the quote implies that if Vlad were to get updated, he would stay the same in LoR, resulting in a old Taric-new Taric levels of difference. By your logic if the designers are as concerned with consistency they should promise to update champions in both games, or not update champions at all. You did not understood the quote... so i will say it with only words and not picture: Ignore that Taric was ever updated, and he still looking like his old version in League of Legends (That is the current position that Vlad has (aka: he is an old champion with and old model))... But then, in LoR they release Taric as this completely different character that barely resembles the "current version of Taric" (by that i mean the old one). That disconection would cause problems for a player that have only played 1 of those games and tries to play the other game. "What? That is NOT the character that i know" In the case of the championg recieveing a Rework, i suppose that they would update the art of LoR as well. Being "portrayed in different ways" as the quote says, doesnt mean that Riot will portray them in a way that contradicts the other form. As Riot said "Every art of LoR is canon", and due that, you cant have vladimir looking like this in one game: https://s2.r29static.com/bin/entry/d7a/720x864,85/1827910/image.webp and this in the other https://sm.mashable.com/t/mashable_in/photo/default/this-calculator-allows-you-to-simulate-your-own-vampire-apoc_c353.960.jpg at the same time without a canonical explanation. (the pictures are overexaggeration)
: MF wears a similar (but different) outfit in all cinematics, and her design is quite different in the fighting game, to the point that players begged Riot to port her fighting game model into League. And by the way where did you get the rule that characters can look different in different cinematics from? So you admit he can be different between games? Anyway, you keep ignoring this point: > It’s really interesting for us, especially because when you think about in Legends of Runeterra, champions aren’t one-to-one copies of what we see in League of Legends. In League of Legends there are reworks and changes. > > We take what players love about the character and design around that. In the future, as League of Legends becomes a bigger thing, you might see characters portrayed in different ways. We do that based on what players think about characters.
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T20:02:13.040+0000) > > She wears a very similar outfit in all cinematics, and her design is quite different in the fighting game, to the point that players begged Riot to port her fighting game model into League. > > So you admit he can be different between games? > > Anyway, you keep ignoring this point: Im not ignoring that point, my answer to that was: What you say, its the equivalent of saying that Kindred in LoR should look like this: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b0/da/b7/b0dab70e699adfe790ded0ba9f7f7984--anime-art-anime-manga.jpg Just because some players preffer lamb without a mask and they forget about Wolf. They may not be one-to-one copies, but they do keep most of their elements. Sure, Heimerdinger in LoL cant build a giant T-Hex, but his main design in LoR is still similar to the one that he has in LoL right now. You are asking for a complete visual rework of the champion... not a slight visual update It would be weird if LoL had this guy as Taric https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/b/b4/Taric_Render_old.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20160405213250 But LoR had this guy instead. https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Taric_0.jpg ... and i havent seen Miss Fortune in the fighting game. > And by the way where did you get the rule that characters can look different in different cinematics from? I didnt said it was a rule but i have examples of champions looking diferent to the In Game Versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6b36Z4kl8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTU-GnxVuM
: Weell you say that but Miss Fortune has at least 5 different variants for all the games and comics and cinematics she's been in, some of them missing the skimpy top and the silly hat completely. And by the way Vlad's icon doesn't have the silly hair (look closely at my avatar) and the ingame model doesn't have massive claws, in fact his hands are more in line with my fanart. LoR Vlad's ugliness is far less due to Riot carefully insisting on one design and much more to do with them not being bothered about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T19:32:03.271+0000) > > Weell you say that but Miss Fortune has at least 5 different variants for all the comics and cinematics she's been in, some of them missing the skimpy top and the silly hat completely. > > And by the way Vlad's icon doesn't have the silly hair (look closely at my avatar) and the ingame model doesn't have massive claws, in fact his hands are more in line with my fanart. > > LoR Vlad's ugliness is far less due to Riot carefully insisting on one design and much more to do with them not being bothered about it. Champions in Comics and Cinematics can have different clothes and things like that because it depends of the context of the cinematic/comic. But when it comes to the main picture that represents them in game, they do keep those main characteristics. You cant see the rest of the onion hair in the icon because its outside the frame, but you can see the 2 locks of hair that he has in the the other pictures. Sure, the claws of LoR are a bit longer than usual, but it resembles the splash art. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/6/6c/Vladimir_Render.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/303?cb=20190112184635 If you dont think that this looks handsome, then dont ask for his LoR version to look handsome. Right now Vladimir, as a whole, looks bad... LoR just mirrors that. He could receive a VU? Sure... but that does not change the fact that Vladimir doesn't look like what you wish for right now.
: Base honestly has a nicer face than the LoR splashes so I'd pick it over them. Anyway the rest of your arguments aren't very strong because: * Riot has frequently (somewhat) redesigned characters for other media to make them more appealing. * As the statement above goes: > It’s really interesting for us, especially because when you think about in Legends of Runeterra, champions aren’t one-to-one copies of what we see in League of Legends. In League of Legends there are reworks and changes. > > We take what players love about the character and design around that. In the future, as League of Legends becomes a bigger thing, you might see characters portrayed in different ways. We do that based on what players think about characters.
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Magicks,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y0JkA82H,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-03T18:32:17.953+0000) > > Base honestly has a nicer face than the LoR splashes so I'd pick it over them. > > Anyway the rest of your arguments aren't very strong because: > > * Riot has frequently (somewhat) redesigned characters for other media to make them more appealing. > > * As the statement above goes: That doesnt mean that they will create a new random character that has nothing to do with Runeterra and say "well, this is X champion, even if it doesnt look like that champion at all" Vladimir HAS that weird hair style, he has those weird long claws... those are characteristics of the champion, even if you dont agree with it. What you say, its the equivalent of saying that Kidnred in LoR should look like this: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b0/da/b7/b0dab70e699adfe790ded0ba9f7f7984--anime-art-anime-manga.jpg Just because some players preffer lamb without a mask and they forget about Wolf.
: Why does LoR Vlad have to be ugly?
I think that there is a disconnect between what Vladimir fans want him to look like... and what does he truly look like right now. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/01/Vladimir_OriginalCentered.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1215?cb=20180414203725 This is Vladimir. https://i.redd.it/ee5oqyl42wc31.jpg This is not Vladimir. The LoR art work looks like Vladmir, like it or not. Skins are not cannon and dont count... Saying that he should look "prettier" just because he looks good in that random skin, is like saying that he should look bad, because he looks bad in another skin. https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Vladimir_1.jpg https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Vladimir_3.jpg
Terozu (NA)
: So Riot is actually considering Announcer packs, but they said something that caught my interest.
So... Pay for Voice Updates? That sound... not awesome to say the least.
: Yes, on the 25th of October, according to Universe. [Can you guess who wrote it?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/yHVyyrjz-2018-lore-party-thread-free-for-all-time?comment=0002)
> [{quoted}](name=LordRedStone Nr1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=R1qqQu0p,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T16:00:15.298+0000) > > Yes, on the 25th of October, according to Universe. > [Can you guess who wrote it?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/yHVyyrjz-2018-lore-party-thread-free-for-all-time?comment=0002) Time trully flies, for some reason i thought it was released after The Whispering Doodad
: 2019 Lore Tournament - Day 1: What once Sailed Free vs Aftermath
Wait... "THE TRUE AND GHASTLY TALE OF THE BEAST OF BOLEHAM TOWER" was released in 2018?
: Nasus vs Renekton
Even if Nasus says that he would kill his brother to "let him be free", i honestly think that he would not be able to do so. Not because of a diference in power, but because of his feelings... And the same goes for Renekton, i hope, that if the 2 of them meet again, Renekton due his insanity would defeat Nasus until he regains his sanity in a moment of lucidity.
Zeanix (OCE)
: Unpopular Opinion: Kayn is a horrible candidate for a boy band skin
{{champion:28}} has her whole "True demon form" as well, and no one said a thing about it, just saying.
Peraine (EUW)
: Triskele as Baron-Buff?!
I cant believe that im posting a Pewdiepie video in the Story and Art Board but... here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5QWUOAcg_Q
Atgo (EUW)
: It doesnt, Ixtal was founded by people who migrated from unknown lands in the east, same as Blessed Isles, Buhru and Mount Targon. going by the timeline on the book, there were already humans in Valoran and Ionia before that migration(War of the Three Sisters was 2000 years before and the Titan War on Ionia 3000 years before) and considering the oldest event of the timeline is set on Ionia and that it is called "the First Lands", it's more likely that humanity originated there.
> [{quoted}](name=Atgo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G8gEU3hq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T01:04:53.656+0000) > > It doesnt, Ixtal was founded by people who migrated from unknown lands in the east, same as Blessed Isles, Buhru and Mount Targon. going by the timeline on the book, there were already humans in Valoran and Ionia before that migration(War of the Three Sisters was 2000 years before and the Titan War on Ionia 3000 years before) and considering the oldest event of the timeline is set on Ionia and that it is called "the First Lands", it's more likely that humanity originated there. Well i dont own the book, but its fair enough to say that Ionia is the origin, in fact i said that long time ago in a similar thread... But then it came the lore of Ixtal saying that All the targonians and shuriman things were based on Ixtal or something like that.
: Where do black people like Lucian, Ekko, Pyke and Senna originate from on Runeterra?
If i remember correctly, the whole human race in Runeterra originates from Ixtal... but i could be wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mclHHGaj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-27T16:40:19.226+0000) > > {{champion:77}} Lies Spirit guard udyr is the only udyr I know of sry.
> [{quoted}](name=SchaferBot,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mclHHGaj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-27T16:44:40.682+0000) > > Spirit guard udyr is the only udyr I know of sry. Saying that a Lee Sin doesnt have bad animations because you use the God Fist skin.
: Nightbringer Lee ? Stick to muay thai/god fist...
> [{quoted}](name=SchaferBot,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mclHHGaj,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-27T15:15:18.302+0000) > > Lee has the most dogshit AA animation out of any champ I've played in this game. {{champion:77}} Lies
: How do you say Alune's name?
Based on the voice over, i think its pronounced: ".... .... ....."
: For Rammus, the possibility of him being an Ascended is hinted, and it looked like the most logical thing to me. I didn't want to further lengthen the post so I just put him there. Udyr is a shaman who channels animal spirits, but stays (mostly) in human form, that's why i kept him out. Genuinely curious about minotaurs... what is their origin? Are them yet another class of furries altogheter? I thought they were simply Vastayan.
Well... Udyr literally wears a fur suit... Anyways, Riot had said that they are not Vastaya, but they havent explained what they are. So far i think we have seen 3 of them (a blacksmith in the Noxian Map, Alistar, and the Minotaur of LoR)... and they all are linked to Noxus so far.
: Every Runeterra's way of being a furry (surprisingly not a shitpost)
Rammus is not confirmed to be an Ascended Anyways... you forgot Udyr. Also, Alistar(minotaurs in general) is not a Vastaya
GenoXx (NA)
: If the Lunari are truly still alive....
Well... they are... hidden. Not being found is part of being hidden.
: Adaptive Music?
Well... as far as i remember, the music does evolve during early, mid and late game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy6YDd5iHB4
: MALZAHAR'S KNIFE
Im pretty sure that the knife is supposed to be used for sacrifices, so, its not a weapon, it a ceremonial tool... like the Tecpatl, used by the Aztec IRL. https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--DyjUzWOJ--/t_Preview/b_rgb:ffffff,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1479827801/production/designs/847757_1.jpg https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/to_webp,q_glossy,ret_img,w_750/https://about-history.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tecpatl-The-Knife-Used-For-Human-Sacrifice-by-the-Aztecs.jpg
Show more

Ebonmaw Dragon

Level 14 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion