: > [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:10:22.338+0000) > > {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3155}} {{item:3814}} Yes cool, those items counter every champion, not just malphite. Not much I can do as a jungler like Lee sin or master yi. I just get one shot
> [{quoted}](name=Toxicate13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IA4TJQmx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T23:11:23.606+0000) > > Yes cool, those items counter every champion, not just malphite. Not much I can do as a jungler like Lee sin or master yi. I just get one shot Wait, you said not much? What about playing to your strengths? If you are actually low elo, don't play mechanics champion, try out malphite urself and learn to play the game properly.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ecophile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=07nk0f7Q,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-09-15T05:20:29.405+0000) > > Wrong board, that goes in rant. > > Besides, you don't know whether or not they get punished, so stop talking big and get some friends, thanks There is such thing as looking up their profile and considering that its a troll, far be it that all they'll get is a chat restriction.
> [{quoted}](name=KnKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=07nk0f7Q,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2019-09-15T05:29:38.724+0000) > > There is such thing as looking up their profile and considering that its a troll, far be it that all they'll get is a chat restriction. Alright, I've wasted my time there, but why waste your own time to tell me that? Now we both have wasted our time :(
: No, you can't tell them that we must circle jerk riot is a bad balance game
> [{quoted}](name=Adequate Top,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bZnLfVB,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-09-15T07:53:31.168+0000) > > No, you can't tell them that we must circle jerk riot is a bad balance game Actually laughed my ass off there! Thanks!
Papa Stalin (EUNE)
: If a champion is super busted in the pro play scene then why not just leave it at that? Aatrox pick or ban during LCK, but it was fine like that. 90% of the time they would ban him just like how in soloq yasuo has a 45% ban rate(because hes frustrating to play with and against)? SKT Khan would pick aatrox now and again and he would keep a 70% winrate. But that is because the pro play scene is so much more different that solo q. There, teams communicate and interact a lot more. Which is a key part of what makes aatrox strong. In solo q, aatrox does not even have the **conditions** to actually be strong like he is in pro play. Even the best aatrox in solo q holds around a 55%-60% win rate with him. Aatrox was **made** to be an amazing teamfighter when teams communicate, that is why he is strong in pro play. And i don't think people in solo q who enjoy aatrox and know that he can't be as strong as he is in pro play take a hit because of that. As for ziggs and swain, they don't get nerfed **because** they are not in pro play. If Faker started picking ziggs because he discovered his hidden potential in Pro play, he would get a nerf. Diana on the other hand right now has 50% winrate with a 4.3% pickrate (the low winrate means she is slightly more difficult of a champion to play). That is healthy for solo q, and no one plays her in pro play because she just isn't viable there
> [{quoted}](name=Papa Stalin,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bZnLfVB,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-09-15T13:46:07.192+0000) > > If a champion is super busted in the pro play scene then why not just leave it at that? Aatrox pick or ban during LCK, but it was fine like that. 90% of the time they would ban him just like how in soloq yasuo has a 45% ban rate(because hes frustrating to play with and against)? SKT Khan would pick aatrox now and again and he would keep a 70% winrate. But that is because the pro play scene is so much more different that solo q. There, teams communicate and interact a lot more. Which is a key part of what makes aatrox strong. In solo q, aatrox does not even have the **conditions** to actually be strong like he is in pro play. Even the best aatrox in solo q holds around a 55%-60% win rate with him. Aatrox was **made** to be an amazing teamfighter when teams communicate, that is why he is strong in pro play. And i don't think people in solo q who enjoy aatrox and know that he can't be as strong as he is in pro play take a hit because of that. > > As for ziggs and swain, they don't get nerfed **because** they are not in pro play. If Faker started picking ziggs because he discovered his hidden potential in Pro play, he would get a nerf. > > Diana on the other hand right now has 50% winrate with a 4.3% pickrate (the low winrate means she is slightly more difficult of a champion to play). That is healthy for solo q, and no one plays her in pro play because she just isn't viable there Diana has a really easy to use kit, your reference to pick rate is irrelevant in this regard. As I said, your point is inconsistent. You have not addressed the issue. Sorry
: Why trolls win League of Legends.
Wrong board, that goes in rant. Besides, you don't know whether or not they get punished, so stop talking big and get some friends, thanks
: > **I get banned for someone refusing to play the game in a ranked match** > > And I get banned because I had a little temper. In other words; you got banned for flaming, and are trying to pin the blame on someone else. You will _never_ be punished for someone else's actions, and other people's poor behavior does not excuse your own. > Its okay for him to ruin my game and I can't be mad at it? No one is saying that it's okay for them to ruin your game, and nobody's saying you can't be angry about it. You're just not allowed to spill that vitriol into the chat. There are a blue billion different venting methods, the vast majority of which are doubtless ten times more effective than typing ineffectually to someone who probably, for all intents and purposes, does not care what awful things you have to say to them. Hell, chances are, _they **want** you to flame them, and you doing so is letting them win._ It's common internet wisdom that you _should not feed the troll._
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Rh3BEQml,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-15T04:37:33.712+0000) > > In other words; you got banned for flaming, and are trying to pin the blame on someone else. You will _never_ be punished for someone else's actions, and other people's poor behavior does not excuse your own. > > No one is saying that it's okay for them to ruin your game, and nobody's saying you can't be angry about it. > > You're just not allowed to spill that vitriol into the chat. There are a blue billion different venting methods, the vast majority of which are doubtless ten times more effective than typing ineffectually to someone who probably, for all intents and purposes, does not care what awful things you have to say to them. > > Hell, chances are, _they **want** you to flame them, and you doing so is letting them win._ It's common internet wisdom that you _should not feed the troll._ Nice essay!
: Lose streak. Frustration. Fun.
: > [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EXdNkP4A,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-14T22:05:11.998+0000) > > It happens because normal matchmaking doesn't take ranked MMR into account. I'd say they should at least account for ranked MMR in normal games if the player is above plate or so in ranked (since there's not actually that much difference between gold and lower), but here we are. It's not a good way of doing things, it's not the smart way to do things, but it's the way Riot has chosen to do things. Well they should take in count ranked mmr in normal in that way i will hf and Don t be stomped and Play against People of my lvl to improve
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im Lift,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EXdNkP4A,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-09-14T22:11:23.856+0000) > > Well they should take in count ranked mmr in normal in that way i will hf and Don t be stomped and Play against People of my lvl to improve Why have a second ranked ladder... The whole point is that it doesn't count lol
: > [{quoted}](name=LickHerDØWN,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EXdNkP4A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-14T21:58:09.456+0000) > > -snip- Thanks so much for this Most People Don t Seem to give a fuck about this
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im Lift,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EXdNkP4A,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T21:59:31.666+0000) > > Thanks so much for this Most People Don t Seem to give a fuck about this Because if you want people your level, go in ranked or play consistently norms, it will balance out your MMR
Papa Stalin (EUNE)
: The Riot Games Balance team does not care about you or your feedback.
You do realise that we could look at it the other way around, right? {{champion:115}} {{champion:50}} both have super high win rates, but are not seen in pro play. Yet they don't receive buffs... {{champion:131}} is never seen in pro play AND have low win rate, however she does not receive buffs. Your logic is not consistent. Also, balancing for low elo is super hard, because you essentially need to dumb down champions to make them viable and increase base stats too much to make them good. So you miss the other side of the story. I do think they should balance around high elos and pro play because only there you see the true power of some champs.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Revert the Malphite R bugfix plz!
Rioter Comments
: Looking For Peeps To Chill With
GigglesO (NA)
: Except that you have never experienced the immortal season that was season 1. Season 6 was a case of tanks having too much damage, so instead of nerfing their damage, they surprise nerfed tank stats. Edit: we had actual wet noodle fights in S1, and they were fantastic.
I did, not sure wh you assume that...
GigglesO (NA)
: All items should be satisfying to build. They should all have something that they do, and you can feel or see them doing. This isn't about cinderhulk meta or anything else other than I'm tired of getting one shot. Its boring, its boring to watch.
Your point is just whining... He is telling you that if you buff defense just for the sake of 'surviving longer', you get this immortal meta from season 6
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ecophile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dEHz8H14,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-02T01:35:31.489+0000) > > Then why all those champs get played in pro play??? > > {{champion:201}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:78}} Although they don't see pro play... Leona is disgustingly tanky too. So is Tahm. So is Rammus. So is Malphite.
Are you saying Tahm is tanky and is not played in pro play?
Rock MD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ecophile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mA1ELAmA,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-02T01:27:53.834+0000) > > Not sure what you mean. You can't buffer malph R. For flash R combo, you need to flash first. Also, always trying to be max range is a bad idea in high elo. Good players keep their flash solely to flash your ult in fights. You can't buffer it now, but if it's consistent with every other skillshot in its category, prior to being made to fire even if you went past max range it should've been able to be buffered. And the point I'm making about being in max range isn't about Malphite always wanting to be just within max range. As, well... if you want to initiate that's just suboptimal. I'm saying most high level AD/mid/supps will be thinking, "okay Malphite ultimate has 800 (hypothetically) range so I should be in the 1000-1100 unit range." If you don't get off a good flank, there's no way to reliably enter fights without flashing, and as you normally can't contest a bruiser you rarely open flank spots for yourself. The point I'm making is that they're always skirting just outside your range, and these are nerfs to good engage opportunities for Malphite, because once you're in the range that immediate casting is any good, everyone knows what you're doing and how to counter it.
Sorry, the way you articulated your comment was misleading.
: pro play is not the same game. the conditions are entirely different. While the champion numbers are the same, the circumstances involved are not do you know all 4 people you play with personally, practice with them for months even years at a time, get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for winning matches, get given the best equipment a sponsorship can buy, have voice chat and have the rules bent for you because someone said, "screw it, there was no way they could win anyway" and there's more to that list, like knowing the strategies of your opponents BEFORE you face them (insider knowledge that coaches get...) there is absolutely no comparison because it is not the same game...
Still playing on the same patch lmao
: no one has ever been unkillable in this game except people who do damage so fast and consistently that they shred/burst through all opposition. So only Champions like riven yasou most mages and adcs. You good sir are not looking to have a reasonable convesation but to try twist people words into 'thats why you are bad at the game'. good bye
What are you responding to?
: just like you are doing lol.
: You can actually look in his match history, that said "AP Champion" that probably bursted him down, is a 27/7/21 Veigar in Aram. So in other words, the fed champion whose entire niche is doing a shit ton of damage, killed him with a lot of damage. A full build Veigar mind you, while Cho'gath was 1 item away from full build.
Lol So wait, this conversation pertains to Aram too? I thought the fun in Aram was to either all in or poke, not sustain dmg...
: Because beyond their SHIT defense they hold things in place while real damage characters instagib people. Dont use pro play to explain the game these are people at the top 0.?? % of the game and arent an accurate representation of the game these are people with great refelexes who want to play a reflex game because thats what they are good at and gives them money on god tier machines.
Wait, so what are you good at? Building defensive items? Having poor reflexes? not holding people in place? I also see tanks in my games and in my friends' games. Your experience is also not necessarily an accurate representation of the game. Counterplay is a really good mechanic into the game. If your ennemy is can't kill you ever, while having less utility and defense himself, what the fuck is he supposed to do? Defenses make you more durable, especially early game. If you let carries get fed, they will melt you if you just stand in their face without any threat on them. Do you understand that or you want to keep saying that YOUR experience is different and that is the one which the balance team should work around?
: So then how do you explain Rammus or Malphite? Because consistent DPS does fuck all against them
Because they prefer to make generalisations and refuse to adapt to the game. Tanks are played. Defense is stacked, even on carry champs sometimes. Even If you answer that to the OP, he will probably dismiss it and only look at it from his point of view...
GigglesO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dEHz8H14,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T17:57:02.145+0000) > > "Everything is assassin" is bullshit and you know it... Never said everything is assassin, it is just none of those other champs really ever see the light of day because defense is so shit.
Then why all those champs get played in pro play??? {{champion:201}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:78}}
: This is so bad for Malphite players! We need to be able to cast our ult directly where we want! This change doesn't help us land our ults in team fights, it would only be good for getting max distance if you are using your ult for escapes. In the past, you could cast R just outside of your range as you come up to the target and not actually ult until you are in range, if you do this now you miss by a mile! Please Riot this is not helping us... please revert this asap.
If they buff him in exchange I am fine with this. If it really a 'bugfix', then FUCK OFF!
Rock MD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=stTerminator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mA1ELAmA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-31T20:30:24.205+0000) > > This doesn't really affect speed though. If you are flash ulting, you are flashing into range, then instantly ulting. This hotfix doesn't affect the speed at which the ability is cast unless you are out of range, in which case I would argue that isn't a good thing to instantly ult if you aren't going to hit your target to begin with. > [{quoted}](name=CoolTrainerZach,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mA1ELAmA,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-07-31T20:57:04.737+0000) > > I don't care how fast I go if my ult doesn't hit the target... > > The most important ability in his kit can now be easily mis-clicked due to range. I don't wanna double post so I'll tackle both of these. In high elo, people know what Malphite does right? You have to stay x number of units away without your team or he'll initiate on you. Sometimes, Malphite will even flash out of the fog into just about his max range and catch you off guard. If he flashes, walks a second, and then ults it's going to be EXTREMELY obvious what he's trying to do. People will get out ASAP. So yes, there is some value in being extremely fast with your combos, and having that "QoL" fix. However, I did say that I think accuracy is more important, as your ults in late-game should always be roughly max range (as in squishies will try space outside your range) and if you ult a specific spot and the ult comes up short, well you're just and and I think that's just frustrating. Also, this prevents you from buffering > [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mA1ELAmA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-31T20:32:10.699+0000) > > I play a lot of Malphite and I wanted this. This is good. Which means no this is not good. To buffer an ability like Malphite R, move out of range and click a spot to ult. You'll walk toward that spot. If you flash and that flash gets you in range, your ultimate will go off immediately and removes a lot of time that's spent aiming the ability after flashing, giving you next to no reaction time aside from the travel time of the projectile.
Not sure what you mean. You can't buffer malph R. For flash R combo, you need to flash first. Also, always trying to be max range is a bad idea in high elo. Good players keep their flash solely to flash your ult in fights.
Rioter Comments
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Malphite has higher winrate mid than top
I play him top, win most lanes/have a big impact on game, but there are som many counters to malph in the game nowadays... {{champion:517}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:105}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3157}} {{summoner:4}}
Moody P (NA)
: Tanks are not supposed to win lane so this metric is not relevant. Malphite has one of the strongest team fight ultimates in the game.
: Same as it’s been? Magic damage, DPS with armor pen, and Conquerer users for counterpicking, avoiding Ult, banshees, Mercurial, armor pen, Cleaver for shred. Q costs 1/4 mana early game, buy early MR, push him in, make it hard for him to farm. Late game, if you have no pen as AD 1) get help from magic damage dealer, flash/dash out of ult. Basically, his counterplay will be more or less the exact same, his MS boost will just be more consistent
I agree. Those seem to be some healthy changes, but nothing to break the game. His ult remain his main ability and is dodgable in different ways. The counterplay to him is not missing.
: *New* Full AP Jungle Malphite | Dropping the Bombs with the Ult^^ | Leag...
: Nerf Malphite R
Malphite is far from being overpowered. He is one of the old simplistic champions out there. His ult is almost the entire champion. Compared to any more recent champion, his kit got nothing. The descriptions for abilities nowadays are literally paragraphs long... You can keep your flash for his ult or play a dash champion or even a champion with some kind of invulnerability, like fizz, xayah, sivir, etc. There a lot of counters. You could also play sylas and a better version of him...
: I just had an AD Malph on my team and once again, broken. Almost the same score as the AP Malph that caused me to write this in the first place. And a lot of his issue (in this case his success....) came from his OP Ult.
Trust me, a lot of things counter malph. He is quite weak.
: ***
Relevant to OP?
La Rana (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KlydeFrog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=06gLjsPO,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-20T03:12:53.298+0000) > > Yay more complaining and crying for netfs. Hell better nerf leona then or alistar lol. Really come on. KlydeFrog Silver 4 0 LP / 509W 514L Win Ratio 50% Vi's Spellswords
You're making a point?
: Sylas Always Tilts Me
I feel the same. I hate champions where you literally have to play the whole game around them. He literally forces you to pick bad ult champs...
: Sylas could use a quick fix
AntiSJW (NA)
: Its not like I wrote book in game. Also its not harassment-- there wasn't a "no" there was just bitching, flaming, I tried to be nice, so they faked nice and then doubled the rage after. Honestly you weren't there so why would you assume that I was just pestering said person?
Exactly I wasn't there, so why would I believe your version...
AntiSJW (NA)
: So tried to be nice to someone
You do realise you would do this in the streets and it would be considered harrassement if he says no and you keep insisting? You have to respect people man. Not everyone wants to be schooled while playing a game.
: you can dodge his ult with things like spellshields (edge of night, banshee's vale, {{champion:90}} passive etc) or with abilities that make you untargetable such as {{champion:105}} e. and yes, for example, if {{champion:517}} uses his ult on someone with a 50 second r cd, he can take that same ult again in 100 seconds (200% of the target's ult cd cooldown)
Rioter Comments
: Thank you for your support :)
: Ezreal Support - How much higher a standard should players who pick "off-meta" champions be held to?
This punishment system is so intrusive. The META is a construct, not a stagnant checklist. Riot is wrong to punish people for more than outright violence or game sabbotages. But whatever, the coherence of the system is based off people complaints, so if someone likes something, this side of the coin isn't taken into account. I support you 100% if you want to go ahead with any further action or reflection on the statut quo.
: People on the Boards act like they know better than professionals and it's sickening
I agree with the thread in general. However, different people complain about different topics. You seem to bunch all of them together like it is a hivemind. It would be nice if people would put more thoughts into the boards, but I think it is dellusional. It is too fast-paced as a medium to allow people to reflect properly. Keep up the awareness going though! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I really....really....really miss being able to completely build runes totally around one champion..
I like the new system, having only one feature of pregame settings feels nicer and more harmonious.
: please urgod needs it
: > [{quoted}](name=Ecophile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=20oR73Br,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T01:47:01.177+0000) > > I am curious. To which authority or tradition have I appealed to? You said: "Now, if you want to believe that I am wrong and that you are right, that is on you. Good luck in life with that mentality". You're insinuating that my arguments were wrong because my "mentality" is wrong, but you didn't explain why, other than to say "good luck in life". Do people who air their grievances tend to get shat on by the world? Yes. Do people who believe that they are being wronged by others tend to get widely mocked and scoffed at? Yes. That's the "tradition" I'm talking about here. But does that in itself mean that the people complaining are automatically wrong? No, it doesn't.
Sorry if you are more conceited than Trump trying to blame everyone for what happens to the US. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Ecophile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qd2UHbEg,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-11-16T18:46:58.804+0000) > > Who is most Zac players? You got a link? Oooh you're so smart.
I know thanks XD But for real, who are you talking about? {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
Show more

Ecophile

Level 183 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion