: To be fair, nobody really expected that to be the outcome. It snuck up on us. Some people may have predicted it but most of us thought it was fine, it took a few patches to realize it worked poorly.
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RqN8hFkW,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-25T05:02:09.070+0000) > > To be fair, nobody really expected that to be the outcome. It snuck up on us. Some people may have predicted it but most of us thought it was fine, it took a few patches to realize it worked poorly. Huh? This change was UNIVERSALLY hated at the time and Riot was warned over and over before this went live that it was a poorly thought out solution to a problem that needed solving.
: Jhin's weakness isn't supposed to be his mobility, that's the whole purpose of his passive. His weakness comes from bad players not being able to hit w or r, as well as placing mindfull flowers, and Jhin requires good spacing to be utilized correctly.
> [{quoted}](name=coliosismitosis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TVEncpsp,comment-id=000100030000,timestamp=2018-08-23T11:50:15.145+0000) > > Jhin's weakness isn't supposed to be his mobility, that's the whole purpose of his passive. His weakness comes from bad players not being able to hit w or r, as well as placing mindfull flowers, and Jhin requires good spacing to be utilized correctly. Yep! One of his actual strengths is his mobility during his passive. It's a little overbearing right now maybe (coming from a Jhin main) but mobility is definitely not supposed to be his weakness (that would obviously be his reload timer and set dps pattern).
: Nah. But Zed surely is nothing compared to LeBlanc, mostly due to her insane early game damage that Zed doesn't have ( not as strong as her early game is, that is ) and Luden Echo being so much better than any first item that Zed buys
In what universe is Ludens considered a better starting item on any mage than Duskblade is on Zed?
Tranoze (NA)
: Im glad Jhin died that moment, It always satisfy to watch maskman die. If {{champion:56}} cant kill {{champion:202}} with those item and combo in that moment, {{champion:202}} can just kill {{champion:56}} with 2 AA. That the state of the game right now, the OP use that to get fed in first place, and expect enemy assassin, which is counter class to maskman cant do that.
: > In season 5, for example, since the skill level matching difference wasn't that big, you knew that there was a borderline point that if you played above that, you could win Sorry, but that's straight up false, I've had my shares of games in which I played terribly and won and games in which I really did awesome and lost and this since season 4. > The argument I see a lot of people say is that "in order to win, you need to be just good enough to not drag your team down" Noone has ever said that. That's what you wanted to understand, not what they said. Noone is ever going to tell you "you have to do X in order to win 100% of your games". Because that would be a lie. What you see a lot of people say is that : "in order to CLIMB (aka win slighly more than 50% of your games), you need to be just good enough to not drag your team down". And that's true. Just do your best every game and if you consistently outperform both your team and your opponents, you'll climb. **If you dont consistently outperform both your team and your opponents, then, guess what, it just means that you current skill level is accurately representated by your rank and that you do not deserve to climb until you make some improvements in your way of playing.** Skill expression is : doing your best in unwinnable games (and sometimes you even get rewarded by turning the tide, even if it's exceptionnal), securing the unlosable games (I've had my shares of games in which we had a 10k gold lead and lost), and winning most of the games in which you actually matters. So, no playing great do not entitle you to a win, playing badly do not garantee a lose, but it changes the odds of victory or defeat, think of it as a dice game. You can't control the dices, but If you have a great game, you can pick 1,2,3,4 as winning sides of the dice roll. If you play badly, only 1 and 2 will be winning sides.
Wait what? No he was right. Like almost no room for rebuttal right. What game are you playing?
: He doesn´t only stay top but mostly yes, as that is the only thing he truly can, split pushing. There are champs who can outskill and kill tryn. Tahm Kench is the best example. Most of my games i actually played Tahm Kench top. Besides that i also play Yorick whos biggest counter is... you guessed it, tryndamere.
Quit. While. You're. Ahead(behind).
: Onetricks don´t say anything about a champ. Tryn onetricks win even the worst matchup just by pure matchup knowledge. His R on a low cooldown? 110 Seconds is not very high but not low at all too. Tryndamere is not a champ with high mechanical skill, but because of that he(just like garen and others) relies on high matchup and macro knowledge and awareness.
You're being downvoted for a reason. Take a step back and try to understand why that is.
: Something call mute it’s not that hard to press a few buttons not gonna lie
HàrrowR (EUW)
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/vQHRL5R4-honestly-going-full-damage-on-adcs-is-overrated-and-a-force-of-habit My post not too long ago. Ever since they reworked Graves,who was the tankiest adc ever and my favorite champ,and reworked Banshees that went from 450 hp 55 mr and a shield to giving AP,i always struggled to play the role the way i wanted to play it,aggressive,1v1,kiting machine. I always experimented with different stuff,but i found out i should just stick to ability based adcs that can basically burst someone down,or at least deal some damage from a distance,as you can see from my recent post i'm still experimenting. Yes there was always PD but shiv burst was just such a juicy thing to give up,and i never gave much thought to those standard adc defensive buys like Ninja Tabi and GA. I'd buy tabi on something like Lucian or MF,but i wouldnt give much thought to it,i always thought its just 20 armor and some damage reduction,and similarly for GA,just some armor and a revive that you'll waste most of the time. But recently i did the math,and i realized that buying just those 2 items while going resolve with bone plating will literally make you 30% harder to kill,against AD threats that is,and that is without factoring in the revive. If you translate that armor into HP it would be something like having 700 extra HP. So i decided to test out my theory,since getting straight up Omen will get you pinged and flamed to death even if it works,and it works good,but it can put a dent into your dps (the difference between going tabi + ga vs a full dps build is basically 100-150 dps,which is basically nothing since those 2 items can buy you a couple of seconds of extra time to shoot,not to mention a good revive can win you the game) . What i found really blew my mind,i know its old news,going tabi and GA,but like i said i never really put much thought into it,and i sure as hell didnt do the math until recently,but now i did and when i tried it,coupled with a phantom dancer you're basically playing another game. Just look at my few recent games http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=HarrowR Those that i lost i had the best score on my team,this last game with Vayne was a 5v4,just me and Taliyah solo carried it,im not saying that your WR will go up,you can still lose cause of bad positioning,feeding team mates,bad luck etc. But if youre struggling playing ADC vs assassins,bruisers,fighters,try building {{item:3047}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3026}} or just switch out the crit for whatever youre building. i swear man i've seen some amazing things happen,Zeds focusing my support or mid laner cause my GA is up and they're afraid to mess up,people trying to dive me through my whole team thinking im a free kill and dying in the process while im left with 30% hp,assassin Kayn and Duskblade Jarvans losing 1v1s,Renektons flashing on me,doing a full combo and then getting kited to death. You're right,you have to adapt,people are so brainwashed with the idea that an ADC has to go full offensive build to be effective,and then they die without dealing any damage in a fight,they get blown up,they dont remember when it was normal to build Banshee or Omen in seasons 1--5 ,before supps gained more power so you dont get deleted. I kinda realized that most fighters/assassins full combo are just enough to kill an ADC with 0 defensive items,unless they're really fed. Getting just {{item:3047}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3026}} and it feels like youre playing with 3k hp instead of two,which feels like playing a mage that bought {{item:3151}} {{item:3027}} {{item:3165}} ,and if that fails you even get a revive every 5 mins. Try it out and let me know how it went!
Oh you're playing norms. You can literally build anything in norms and win. Please try this out in ranked and get back to us.
: I feel like you know that "counter-play" is a term but you don't know what it is so you're just saying it over and over and hoping you're using it right.
Lol the downvotes are coming. Also, you're clearly out of your league in this one sir!
: Nobody bans their counters anymore, it's just a matter of getting rid of the most cancerous blatantly broken stuff right now
Yep! I gave up banning champs that "counter" myself or my laner (bot main) and use my ban on blatantly broken shit or to ban a hard counter for the first pick weaksauce that will be hard countered himself.
: > It feels like the game has moved away from planning and strategizing with warding and smart play. Now it's just a reflex test. Unfortunately, RIOT has been emphasizing "skill expression", which apparently means mechanically difficult champions. Mechanics are one aspect of skill, but the other aspect of skill is strategy. For example, tryndamere is a mechanically simple champion, but rewards players with good strategic thinking. RIOT acts like tryndamere lacks skill expression, which simply is not true. Basically, rank the champions by how adversely ping harms them. Champions harmed the most by ping are mechanically difficult and have more "skill expression." As you point out, these "skillful champs" are those that depend upon fasts reflexes, but not necessarily good thinking. Riot wants to turn this game in to reflexes instead of thinking.
Lol at using Trynd as an example of skill expression. Hint, he has very little.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EddardStark84,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2LkJ67zM,comment-id=00010003000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:41:17.038+0000) > > Uhh, yes it did? Voice comms are a HUGE (if not THE biggest) difference maker in the balance between pro level and non pro level games. Let me put it this way... There are tons of voice comms out there. Those that wish to use them, do so. Those that do not use them, won't. It has not one damn thing to do with RIOT or balance.
Except that because it's NOT a CORE part of the league client by itself, not very many people will go that extra step to enable it. There's a reason it's used in other games, because it's there and on by default. And what do you mean nothing Riot can do about it? What in the fuck. Riot is the ONLY one that CAN change this by enabling it by default like EVERY other online (competitive) game in existence. I'm not sure you are clear on what is going on here sir.
: Whoawhoawhoah, waves? Like how scripting bans are done in waves? There's no evidence to support that claim either.
There were some board posts awhile back that pointed out that everyone "leveled" up in honor around the same time, which led to that theory.
: Everyone who has ever posted here saying they regained honor status has said it took more than a month, sometimes more than 2 months. There is no evidence to suggest that it would ever take just one week.
That's because honour is unlocked in waves and this person has no idea that's how it works.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Theorex,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2LkJ67zM,comment-id=000100030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T15:22:20.082+0000) > > How do I tell everyone that the second that X player steps into my range in the middle of a stand off I am going to flash R (as malzahar) without having to spend 3 seconds to type it out. > > That is the advantage. > > In 3 seconds in a standoff, a fuck ton of things can happen. > > From someone's misposition, to a tank flash engages, to a person goes ape shit crazy and tries something to break the stand off, to everyone backing off. > > If you don't think so, then you haven't had enough stand offs. That is always what happened when a standoff occurs. It takes a few seconds for me to type something, while still being in a safe spot. Then I have to reposition to be in a good spot for DPSing and being safe. Taking a few seconds to do anything in league is bad. > > That is why jungle pathing is always optimized. Because its a bad to take more than a few seconds to think about the next step. If you have everything preplanned it normally goes that way. > > Yes the SECOND problem I mentioned is that NA is just a bunch of solo queue players. They don't play like a team. Nothing Riot can do about that. But they can do something about the first problem, called adding voice comms into the game for solo queue. > > DotA, CS:GO, OW, and a plethora of other games have it. And we can't even say that those games aren't as big. > > DotA is a similar style game. > > CS:GO has had Voice since before CS:GO was even CS:GO. > > And heres the thing about voice comms. You can mute a player. You can do it in dota, you can do it in CS:GO, you can do it in OW. It would literally be like playing league like it is now. > > You don't have to use it. It makes it easier for shotcallers to organize a team. Which is know there isn't a bunch of those in Solo Queue. > > The fact that Riot is that scared of Toxicity to not add in a fundamental game mechanic to a massively online battle arena is depressing. > > They would rather protect a few peoples feelings than give everyone a better game experience. Nothing you said has anything to do with game balance.
Uhh, yes it did? Voice comms are a HUGE (if not THE biggest) difference maker in the balance between pro level and non pro level games.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MOEmWVtV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-24T03:28:36.647+0000) > > Because matchmaker does not care about you or your individual games. Get shafted with bad teammates? bummer, they are in that mmr and their MMR is lowerd for the loss. Ultimately Their bad win rates will result in them no longer being in the MMR you play at. Assuming MMR was only determined by winrate is where you are wrong.
Uhh. Wait, what? How else is mmr affected besides winning or losing?
QueerCleric (EUNE)
: We're getting back into the burst meta . . .
The burst meta never left?? Damage has been too high for a while now. Where have you been?
Pika Fox (NA)
: Yes you can.
No, you cannot. I'm sorry, that's honestly bullshit. Stop.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: She was doing bad. Her clear is atrocious, which makes it so that the enemy jungler essentially gets 2 jungles to clear and her ganks aren't that good either, except if she shows up in lane from behind. OP said that the laners ignored her obvious pathing and wards, so that's why they died.
Why were you downvoted? You are literally 100% correct.
: I just won as Udyr jg and it makes me want to quit LoL.
Of all the things one could cite to stand against the jungle changes.. and you pick Leona jungle not being a thing as the thing? Unfuckingbelievable.
Pika Fox (NA)
: You can go from 0-2 in a week. If youre not climbing, its because youre still being reported and the system is labling them as legitimate reports.
No you cannot. Stop spreading misinformation.
: I don't have any statistics to back it up, but I feel like it's just a really vocal minority complaining about Scuttle changes.
: It's interesting because it doesn't feel too different to me. It's always been stomps going either way in my experience.
Lol what? I've been playing this game since season 3/4 and NEVER has this game been this stompish. It's a meme at this point and spoken on by numerous pros and high profile streamers.
: > [{quoted}](name=EddardStark84,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7u4EpGKk,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-05-15T20:01:21.217+0000) > > No fucking way you believe that. There's no reason to blindly believe that when the evidence we see daily seems to indicate otherwise. Pretty sure you believe in the Flat Earth right? :p That's about how ridiculous you sound right now :/ Show me your "evidence" though, I'm interested.
Uhh no. But I also do not blindly believe information given to me by someone with ZERO reason to be transparent with me and has a history of being misleading and gives no evidence besides whatever curated information they decide to divulge. That's how businesses work, but you know that already.
: ***
But he didn't mention any of those items and his post specifically mentioned a non support item.
: Caught a 14 just now for typing kys varus to the adc that was flaming and afk most of the game. Hes still playing of course. Riot doesnt look into it at all if theres no keywords unless they get multiple reports in a short amount of time its retarded. All you have to do is be nice for a few games and you can go right back to trolling and flaming. My fault for typing that shouldve said "end your life" I wouldve been all good
Why the fuck would you ever tell someone that over a video game? I'm a pretty abrasive person when I'm tilted and am typing this on a perma banned account... and I would NEVER say that to anyone. I can almost FEEL the edginess radiating from you based on that simple fucking term.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EYGExWI6,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-05-14T05:47:37.169+0000) > > Australians still use that C word as an insult for the most part. I know multiple people both from Australia and who've studied in Australia. That word is definitely used between friends. It's also used as an insult to non-friends. Words that have "inside meanings" aren't appropriate in a team game with strangers. > > Riot statistics show most permanently banned players never come back to the game. They actually **lose** money by permanently banning players and them leaving the game (or players who leave because they fear punishment). They'd rather lose a bit of money and have a decent community than have a large but toxic community. I would really, really, **really** love for you to show us where you got those statistics from. Like, really really really would just make my day to know where you got that information from. >Words that have "inside meaning" aren't appropriate in a team game with strangers. AHAHAHAH Why do you think you get to decide that?
Yeah I'm calling bullshit. Those players that "left" and never came back DIDN'T stay gone because they got banned, they did do because they didn't really like the game that much. Just look at all the previously perma'd steamers that come right back and spend MORE money. I'm in that group myself. I got permanently banned on this account. I wanted to quit and move on. I didn't. Why? Because I LOVE to play League, pure and simple. Riot is a business and they know that those that get perma'd are ABSOLUTELY going to make a new account and spend money..all over again. Riot does NOT lose money by permanently banning people, they MAKE money. It's not rocket science and it's extremely disengenious (let alone goes against common sense) to claim that the opposite is true. Ps. My eyes could not stop rolling to the back of my head as I typed this post..
: But what about when we win and want someone punished because they went 1-3 on Vayne, tried to take red (Smited it out from under them sorry a 5-0 Rengar will use that better), and they afk for about 2 minutes and sell all of their items for Tears before running it down mid a few times to give away whatever gold left that they're worth and then sit in the jungle repeatedly getting executed taking all of the small monsters in every camp while the Rengar is working hard to carry and end the game? Which he did. That Rengar was me. This game happened yesterday morning. This person swore multiple times in Chinese. But of course the NA sensors only look for English words. He was only maybe 1-6. That's not inting according to Riot's 'pristine' system that tells us. Especially not since we won. (Kept the enemy Kai'Sa down. Thank you Rengar+Duskblade+Dead Man's.) - The system is flawed. The way people view what is and isn't toxic is generally wrong and favors the 'Snowflakes' and those who cry when a teacher tells them they can't round an 84.9 to a 90. If you even for a second try to tell someone they did something sub-optimally you immediately get yourself a hefty chat ban and Riot laughs at you if you ask why. Gone are the days of individuality and an overall sense of actual skill and competition. League has become a grind wheel of meta slaves and people too afraid to talk so that they don't get banned because Johnny 12 Year Old was taught by mommy that participation awards meant that he was Super Important™ and to tell the teacher if someone farted and it smelled funny. Riot made a mistake turning League into a bambi fest. You don't balance a game for competitive and then punish any competitiveness that isn't the f-in' LCS.
Good post, except for the snowflake thing. I'd rather not have a term used by people who support people like the Dunce in chief and wield it like they do as an insult aimed at anyone who disagrees with their ideology being used to argue against Riots failed quest to eliminate gameplay trolls.
: Ahem, excuse me for just a moment. *Adjusts glasses and peers through them like an elderly person.* - Tilt is a poker term for a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive. This term is closely associated with "steam" and some consider the terms equivalent, although steam typically carries more anger and intensity. Placing an opponent on tilt or dealing with being on tilt oneself is an important aspect of poker. It is a relatively frequent occurrence due to frustration, animosity against other players, or simply bad luck. Experienced players recommend learning to recognize that one is experiencing tilt and avoid allowing it to influence one’s play. One possible origin of the word "tilt" is as a reference to tilting a pinball machine. The frustration from seeing the ball follow a path towards the gap between the flippers can lead to the player physically tilting the machine in an attempt to guide the ball towards the flippers. However, in doing so, some games will flash the word "TILT" and freeze the flippers, causing the ball to be lost for certain; as in poker, this suggests that over-aggression due to frustration leads to severely detrimental playing techniques.[1] While "tilting" originally applied to poker, it has recently become a common term when talking about other games, **_especially eSports titles_.** - Thank you for your time. Tilt definitely exists. What you said was basically the same as saying 'depression is in your head just stop being sad lol'. That's not okay.
Thank you! I was astounded that he posted that nonsense. Why bother if you're uninformed of the topic? If you've EVER played poker then you KNOW tilt is a REAL and near quantifiable thing. Yikes.
Chermorg (NA)
: Why should an innocent player be punished from playing Ranked simply because they're playing poorly? Matchmaking will put them at their deserved skill level within a couple dozen games - so all you're really doing is preventing players who have bad games from playing. Statistically speaking, there is no such thing as tilt - it is a figment of your imagination. Your performance in a prior game has no effect on the outcome of a game if you play again. This sounds more like you wanting **someone** to be punished in **some way** just because you lost a game. If they had a bad game, they **do not deserve** punishment.
This is simply all untrue. My goodness.
Chermorg (NA)
: They certainly do punish **intentional** feeding and **intentional** trolling. The problem is it is very hard for both computers *and* humans to determine with near certainty someone's *intent* behind their actions. There is no combination of statistics other than straight running down a lane repeatedly (or things *very* similar to that) that is definitively and certainly intentional in nature. It is wholly possible for almost all players who *look* like they may be trolling to just be having a bad game. Riot will not punish someone for *looking* like they may be trolling. Riot requires there to be enough evidence that they're *intentionally* doing it for there to be very little doubt.
Lol what? It's actually VERY easy for a human to spot game play toxicity (mainly because it's usually done consistently on accounts that do it). Riot just has no real justification for trying to combat it as it's harder than the chat policing and doesn't bring in pub (remember the ridiculous articles praising Riot/Lyte using his college degree to turn LoL into his magnum opus? Lol!).
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=000000000002 > Multiple reports do NOT increase the likelihood of flagging a game for review. One report is all it takes. There is no benefit to asking for others to report a player. > Reports haven't lost weight since the instant feedback system was put in place. >It's actually really simple. >if (reports > 0) { >review(); >} By Riot Tantram. Stop spreading bullshit. Asking for reports is totally useless and in the worst case scenario you could even get chat restricted for harassment.
No fucking way you believe that. There's no reason to blindly believe that when the evidence we see daily seems to indicate otherwise.
: Yes you deserve your ban . Clearly you love to type (you made this post) , and clearly you think you're in the right ( you made this post looking for people to support you even though you are wrong) . I like how you go into such detail about the final straw that got you banned but totally gloss over the fact you just came back from a 14 d ban. Why don't you go into tons of detail about that ? Oh did I mention you just got back from a 14 d ban !!?? That was a stern warning from riot and your first game back you call someone a moron. Sorry you got banned but this didn't happen over night. I'm guessing many people have reported you many times over many games and it finally bit you.
I don't think he was wrong. Matter of fact, the majority here do not.
: > [{quoted}](name=AetherArising,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-11T05:02:18.521+0000) > > I gotta agree with you man. > > i've seen a bunch of people getting SLAMMED with penalties lately for non-worthy games, one dude got banned for just being mildly annoying and saying he muted people. > > honestly, best option is to just mute chat from everyone every game or dont respond in ANY toxic fashion, impossible as that sounds. People will be apes and abuse your own words against you, and since the game's too huge riot gave up on fairly moderating it. If you're pissed at a game, just say what you would type aloud to yourself and don't press Enter once. Lmao I just got my first 2 week ban for calling people 12 year olds when they are mid tantrum. Meanwhile they int, troll, feed on purpose, and walk around and try and steal your camps because they died level 2 in lane and scream NO GANKS! So in their minds their trolling is justified, but if you say stop acting like a 12 year old moron you get banned. Meanwhile nearly every single game I see some sort of racist clan tag/ summoner name. How ironic that the kid with clan tag "n*gger" is reporting people and actually causing them to get bans.
This is this crux of the issue. Those players are MUCH harder to stick out to a computer algorithm searching for "toxic" behavior. Meanwhile, chat is recorded in every game for said algorithm to search and pinpoint trigger words. Clearly, gameplay toxicity is FAR, FAR worse in regards to ruining the game for everyone in it, but Riot has no functional way of fixing that issue. They don't care to be honest.
CoopA826 (EUW)
: > Look at what I said, not how much I said. Alright. > --GodCarry: youre a moron --GodCarry: for trash talking someone There you go. Deserved ban. The 14 day punishment was your last chance. "noob" would have been enough for a perma. And I am also absolutely convinced that you've edited your chatlost. Because the format doesn't add up and for some reason you still refuse to post a screenshot. The way it is right now is enough for a permanent suspension and I still believe you're hiding something
I'm sorry, but no. And the majority agrees, this should absolutely not be ban worthy.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Resolution,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9i5ifezG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-14T09:50:59.905+0000) > >My main issue with the development team is when they implement an update that the community is against (Or never asked for to begin with) And who's asking you what kind of an update you want in League or what champion you specifically want "balanced" according to your wishes? That's not how Riot works nor it ever worked. The sheer audacity to think that you, or anyone else, gets to dictate what personal changes you want to see in the game is beyond dumb. You are a player, not a game designer. Which means that when you're asked for feedback, you should provide it if you get the opportunity but just because you were asked to state your opinion, doesn't automatically mean that you're going to see your "suggestion" in the next patch or at all.
: ***
Well considering this in regards to supports using their income to buy this item and not the items you're referring to... your point is irrelevant.
: Before this gets out of hand, Pyke himself does not gain an additional 300G if he gets the kill with his Ultimate. If there is an ally that would have gotten an assist when Pyke deals the finishing blow with his ultimate -- it instead gives it to the Ally that assisted. It also gives that ally the Killing Blow gold. Pyke gets the normal Assist gold.
: I haven't seen a decent yasuo even in my elos(which isn't high). Just people when on enemy team not playing the match up right or having the yasuo on my team hit his 0/10 power spike defeat screen.
I see decent Yasuos often. The problem is decent is enough to carry with Yasuo simply based on his kit and early item power spike (PD).
Feel Apathy (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dead flag blues,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cOI6Eaer,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-11T15:43:53.474+0000) > > But how would the boosted e-girls who only show their cleavage on stream reach high plat ? {{sticker:sg-janna}} Where did this meme originate from ? Genuinely curious.
Meme? Have you never watched an e-girl streamer? Most (most, not all) of the e-girl streamers play only janna/soraka (throw in a lulu here and there).
Pika Fox (NA)
: I can let an ai bot get 6 kills over me and carry. I can reliably win an AI game 2v5 if needed. The reality is if you are so much better than your opponent, even a small lead by just one player wont do anything. The reality is the enemy team as a whole is playing better than your team as a whole. An adc with a 2 kill lead means nothing outside of challenger gameplay. They arent good enough to make 0 mistakes, and your teamcomp should be built to have a safety net when behind (usually through various CC skills; an enemy with a small lead means nothing when they overextend into leona)
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: He's not really a problem late game; team can CC him, even just slowing him and kiting will do the trick and he will be useless. The really broken thing about him is that he is unfun to play against in the early game, when he can luck out and crit you 2-3 times in a row (it has happened to me) and you then proceed to lose the lane, because you thought "there's no way he would crit 3 times in a row". This kind of RNG forces you to be very preservative in lane. I mean, we can all just play back, safe and wait to scale up, but if by design a lane is supposed to be played that way because of RNG, then it's not healthy.
Wait what? He's literally only a problem LATE game for the exact reasons explained above. His nickname is "late game Trynd" for cripes sake (i.e he's 0-9 but split all game and has items now so none of that early game matters). It's like some of you comment without ever even having played the game.
Andrey0345 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6lVFQlIu,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-05-09T12:41:57.928+0000) > > He technically is. > > The thing about tryn is he's so uninteractive that he can solo carry a game despite feeding and being overall bad. Its really annoying to be unable to do anything with somebody being forced to answer a tryn split push, so you pretty much rely on 4v4s and seeing who wins (meaning tryn feeding up there likely won't matter since he'll just base race you.). He racks up gold so fast with those pushes that he eventually gets the items to 2-3 shot a squishy during his ult so its a 4v4, or he forces more then one person to answer him so its a 3v4. > > Then of course there's the broken random crit mechanic in his passive that makes trading and laning against him top all the more unpredictable. > > Tryn isn't really meta, but is he a broken champ. Hence why we don't ever ask for tryn metas. Well, he's really easy to counter. Just pick malph/any good tank and destroy him in lane. And 2-3 shotting a squishy during his ult means squishy is either standing still autoattacking him or nobody is even trying to cc trynd letting him do whatever he wants. His ult is quite annoying but that's the only good thing he has, just cc chain him when he uses it and it's a kill. Idk, it's one of the last top lane champs I would consider to ban or call broken.
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about lol. Theorycraft doesn't change reality.
: If you're killing someone with more than one shot - such as damaging them with your Q, W, E, and then R - that ceases to be a one shot, and instead becomes a 4 shot combo, or has math degraded quite a bit since I was in elementary school?
League lexicon has always considered a 1 shot exactly as the op describes.
: Honestly I'unno if we need one too though. We have Lulu, Nami, Soraka, Sona, and Bard. And maybe a few others I'm forgetting. With their new champions, I think they're trying to make sure each one brings something new to the table in its own unique style. So there's a reason to pick one. For example, Sona has her auras, Soraka is a super healer especially with her ult, Bard roams. Between Lulu and Nami though, "protect and buff the ADC," do we need another one of those? A new champion should fulfill a new fantasy and have a new identity. Totally want a new one though. If they can do that. I just don't want a copy of Nami or Lulu for the sake of keeping the role fresh. I want a new one that brings a new identity to the game. And I don't think they can do that with Nami and Lulu being so generalist. They tend to keep this class fresh with new items
> [{quoted}](name=Supreme Senpai69,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjyYdmqY,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-03-13T22:07:56.574+0000) > > Honestly I'unno if we need one too though. We have Lulu, Nami, Soraka, Sona, and Bard. And maybe a few others I'm forgetting. With their new champions, I think they're trying to make sure each one brings something new to the table in its own unique style. So there's a reason to pick one. For example, Sona has her auras, Soraka is a super healer especially with her ult, Bard roams. Between Lulu and Nami though, "protect and buff the ADC," do we need another one of those? A new champion should fulfill a new fantasy and have a new identity. > > > Totally want a new one though. If they can do that. I just don't want a copy of Nami or Lulu for the sake of keeping the role fresh. I want a new one that brings a new identity to the game. And I don't think they can do that with Nami and Lulu being so generalist. They tend to keep this class fresh with new items I'unno... really?? Really?
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXrZX8vc,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-02-26T04:49:28.726+0000) > > you don't seem to understand that a new player.. regardless of mechanical skill they might have.. has next to zero game knowledge. and therefore is bronze because they will mindlessly feed. > > i have been in silver.. i have been in bronze..and i can tell you with absolutely certainty... the difference between a player who placed into silver and a player who climbed out of bronze is so large it would be laughable if it didn't ruin the game for silver players Oh I do understand that. What I'm saying is that the veteran silver player is not much better than the new player who placed into Silver. Here's how I know that: Let's say that there were no other veteran Silver players in Silver, just you and a bunch of New to Ranked accounts. Under your premise, that those new players are way worse than veteran Silver players, you should win just about every game, because you're much better than everyone else. Right? Well, obviously that's not a real scenario. The real scenario is that most Silver players are actually Silver veterans, and new players are sprinkled into the games. But here's the rub: if you're not the new player, then statistically the new player is 11% more likely to be on the other team. So if these new players are really dragging their teams down in Silver, you should expect an 11% boost to your wins, and while you may not see it in 1 or 2, or even 10 games, this effect should basically carry you right out of Silver over a large number of games. But that's not what has happened, is it? In reality, you've spent almost 100 games in Silver in this season alone, and you've been in Silver since S5. That basically means that objectively speaking, you are not better than the average new player.
This is absolute bullshit btw. Vet silver being the same as a fresh brand new player. My goodness...
: None were really made more fun to play either. Maokai lost his damage reduction retaliation nuke ultimate, for this incredibly lackluster nami clone; also his passive sustain has been made so inconsistent you're better off just taking potions everywhere; and his saplings are pitiful unless you stack multiple in a bush. Zac's ultimate likewise lost significant reliability and utility for a huge cooldown; his enemy clap is insanely finicky, having both a large hitbox for what looks like a narrow skillshot, and short window to auto-attack another enemy, otherwise it isn't worthwhile. Seguani's reworked passive encourages her to be played like an assassin; giving her massive stats out of combat, which scale down in combat. All her abilities feel sluggish compared to before, and hit like tissue paper. All the untouched tanks feel more frail than before, loosing durability and sustainability; because they lost health on nearly every item, and health regeneration on everything else. Yet marksmen got yet another buff, like every other class 'update' before.
> [{quoted}](name=ZT Xperimentor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mt1XP9m3,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2017-06-19T04:27:48.684+0000) > > None were really made more fun to play either. > Maokai lost his damage reduction retaliation nuke ultimate, for this incredibly lackluster nami clone; also his passive sustain has been made so inconsistent you're better off just taking potions everywhere; and his saplings are pitiful unless you stack multiple in a bush. > Zac's ultimate likewise lost significant reliability and utility for a huge cooldown; his enemy clap is insanely finicky, having both a large hitbox for what looks like a narrow skillshot, and short window to auto-attack another enemy, otherwise it isn't worthwhile. > Seguani's reworked passive encourages her to be played like an assassin; giving her massive stats out of combat, which scale down in combat. All her abilities feel sluggish compared to before, and hit like tissue paper. > > All the untouched tanks feel more frail than before, loosing durability and sustainability; because they lost health on nearly every item, and health regeneration on everything else. > Yet marksmen got yet another buff, like every other class 'update' before. Siiigh. You had me until the marksmen crying that came at the end. Marksmen are NOT in a good spot either.
: I think the main problem is that the adc's have someone on their team with exhaust, so the assassin becomes 100% useless for 2.5 second
> [{quoted}](name=invisiblecat1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=styvPEdQ,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2017-06-10T14:15:00.737+0000) > > I think the main problem is that the adc's have someone on their team with exhaust, so the assassin becomes 100% useless for 2.5 second So, someone using proper counter play (a summoner on a long CD) against an assassin during one specific engage(and for 2.5 seconds) is somehow a problem? Lol.
Holt (NA)
: I don't think this is an ADC lifesteal problem, I think it is probably just an assassins not doing enough damage problem. Lifesteal isn't going to prevent burst, ideally as an assassin you want to kill them in one combo, or else you are more of a diver. The only lifesteal item that will affect burst is Death's Dance, which not every ADC can build effectively, especially early into the game. You see things like {{champion:119}} building it first because with his Q, he does not need as much of a damage spike from his first item. Even then its not the lifesteal stat on the item being a problem, it is the 30% damage taken translated into DoT stat. On the other hand, I can imagine that the new GA makes it pretty difficult as an assassin, although as an assassin you could build it as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Titanium Legs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=styvPEdQ,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2017-06-10T17:12:06.011+0000) > > I don't think this is an ADC lifesteal problem, I think it is probably just an assassins not doing enough damage problem. > Lifesteal isn't going to prevent burst, ideally as an assassin you want to kill them in one combo, or else you are more of a diver. > The only lifesteal item that will affect burst is Death's Dance, which not every ADC can build effectively, especially early into the game. You see things like {{champion:119}} building it first because with his Q, he does not need as much of a damage spike from his first item. > Even then its not the lifesteal stat on the item being a problem, it is the 30% damage taken translated into DoT stat. > > On the other hand, I can imagine that the new GA makes it pretty difficult as an assassin, although as an assassin you could build it as well. Assassins are not designed to kill squishies in one rotation anymore. That was discussed and made known during the assassin rework.
Show more

EddardStark84

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion