Rioter Comments
: History of top lane and why it is indeed the worst state its ever been.
Doesn't help that Riot has shoehorned so much power and influence into support and jungle.
Crede777 (NA)
: Major Obstacle for League: The Game Discourages Risk-Taking
You're honestly right. The best way to play League right now is to not play at all.
Akrid415 (NA)
: "Bad" players climbing?
Depends on what you play. My terrible hardstuck Plat Yasuo main friend just hit D4 playing support.
Rioter Comments
DiG JJ (NA)
: Brilliant game design by Riot, move all deciding power out of the lane.
> [{quoted}](name=DiG JJ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=leGfK8pJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-21T01:23:33.182+0000) > > Brilliant game design by Riot, move all deciding power out of the lane. Lol yup. Two of the most brainless and uninteractive roles in the game (jungle and support) hold almost all power in game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Phreak is literally never right when it comes to theorycrafting. I still remember last season when he tried to talk about runes and it was the biggest noob trap dumpster fire I've ever seen on the front page of reddit. This is what's wrong with the game. 1) The total lack of MR early game is disgusting and has completely removed the little counterplay there was vs early poke AND burst mid (contrary to meddler's beliefs, the strongest mid lane champions are incredibly consistent with their ability to stat check you with abilities) and has completely warped the trading patterns bot in practically all match ups and top vs tanks (as in, you can't trade with them at all). 2) Tanks are the sole class to have taken the opposite extreme and now take almost no damage early game because of their insane armor, especially with stupid as fuck bullshit like aftershock, but because of the total lack of MR, they completely destroy everyone else on their own on top of this 3) Finishing duskblade means you can kill any squishy by just touching them and it's sadly not even hyperbole. This problem is compounded by the fact that they took the unhealthiest route they possibly could've with TLD. Instead of giving you a bit of bonus damage per trade, it now gives you an entire abilities worth of damage per rotation (this scales to a bonus ults worth of damage later on) with the incredibly naive and quite frankly lazy notion that it will balance itself out because there should be a difference between the 2. That's the thing Riot games, in practice there's almost no difference between the 2 and it's mind boggling you don't know this about your own game. Almost everyone who could proc TLD before can proc electrocute now doing the exact same thing, except now you take literally 5 times the damage. The added ~20 second cooldown turns out to be meaningless because the 2 biggest users of electrocute, assassins and junglers, are always looking to make every trade lethal. 4) Sudden impact gives 10 lethality and an especially egregious 8 mpen when no even has the option to start armor and mr. Honestly wtf were they thinking with half of the new masteries that just give bonus damage for doing nothing. Garbage like sudden impact doesn't promote new styles of gameplay Riot. It just gives Katarina 25% more damage when she inevitably rolls her face at you at 2. This. Is. Not. Healthy. For. The. Fucking. Game. You don't all of a sudden just give champions that have been balanced for 7 fucking seasons around certain damage values double the damage just cause. That's fucking stupid and it's precisely what you got wrong with the first iteration of keystones and you've learned absolutely nothing with these new masteries. Why do you even need to be told this. I'm not going to do the math for Riot, they don't even need to do it themselves. Just fucking open your client and start a game of league. I honestly don't know how you can even pretend the games in a healthy state if you play more than 1 game a month. Even in the last season, where masteries (cause they're not runes, they're masteries) gave a third of the damage, the lowest MR almost anyone started was 34 (because you'd run 6 CDR blues mid). You don't even have that now. Everyone starts with 30. If you played mid even once in your league life you know exactly what happens when you start with 30 MR. You get touched? You lose 50% of your HP. But now everyone starts 30 MR, oh and masteries give three times as much damage as they've ever done before.
> [{quoted}](name=Void Baboon RF,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=401mwoEv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-21T17:56:32.008+0000) > > Phreak is literally never right when it comes to theorycrafting. I still remember last season when he tried to talk about runes and it was the biggest noob trap dumpster fire I've ever seen on the front page of reddit. This is what's wrong with the game. > > 1) The total lack of MR early game is disgusting and has completely removed the little counterplay there was vs early poke AND burst mid (contrary to meddler's beliefs, the strongest mid lane champions are incredibly consistent with their ability to stat check you with abilities) and has completely warped the trading patterns bot in practically all match ups and top vs tanks (as in, you can't trade with them at all). > > 2) Tanks are the sole class to have taken the opposite extreme and now take almost no damage early game because of their insane armor, especially with stupid as fuck bullshit like aftershock, but because of the total lack of MR, they completely destroy everyone else on their own on top of this > > 3) Finishing duskblade means you can kill any squishy by just touching them, this problem is compounded by the fact they they took the unhealthiest root they possibly could've with TLD. Instead of giving you a bit of bonus damage per rotation, it now gives you an entire abilities worth of damage per rotation (this scales to a bonus ults worth of damage later on). > > 4) Sudden impact gives 10 lethality and an especially egregious 8 mpen when no even has the option to start armor and mr. Honestly wtf were they thinking with half of the new masteries that just give bonus damage for doing nothing. Garbage like sudden impact doesn't promote new styles of gameplay Riot. It just gives Katarina 25% more damage when she inevitably rolls her face at you at 2. This. Is. Not. Healthy. For. The. Fucking. Game. You don't all of a sudden just give champions that have been balanced for 7 fucking seasons around certain damage values double the damage just cause. That's fucking stupid and it's precisely what you got wrong with the first iteration of keystones and you've learned absolutely nothing with these new masteries. Why do you even need to be told this. > > I'm not going to do the math for Riot, they don't even need to do it themselves. Just fucking open your client and start a game of league. I honestly don't know how you can even pretend the games in a healthy state if you play more than 1 game a month. Even in the last season, where masteries (cause they're not runes, they're masteries) gave a third of the damage, the lowest MR almost anyone started was 34 (because you'd run 6 CDR blues mid). You don't even have that now. Everyone starts with 30. If you played mid even once in your league life you know exactly what happens when you start with 30 MR. You get touched? You lose 50% of your HP. But now everyone starts 30 MR, oh and masteries give three times as much damage as they've ever done before. This is literally the smartest post I have seen on LoL official forums
: Can we nerf fighters already?
Ah yes I love building Black Cleaver on Camille
Talinis (NA)
: Troll thread is one of the worst, all AD champions have by and far away the strongest early games because mages were only given scaling HP runes while all ADs were given a solid flat 8 - 10 attack damage and flat 9 armor. The runes give to both sets equally meaning mages are now a late game as most of their damage relies on scaling and lots of AP. Mages should be strong late if most of them are going to be horribly outclassed early. I've never seen so many AD mids and they wipe the floor with most AP's. Any jungler AP's are basically non-viable in the jungle with how strong their AD counterparts are early. They are mostly gone from top with all the strong tanks, bot is AD only and support they compete with actual supports. Also funny how you mention juggernauts because most of them are beyond broken, need 5 to even have a chance against some. .
> [{quoted}](name=Talinis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Qk88tQjR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-21T04:37:45.324+0000) > > Troll thread is one of the worst, all AD champions have by and far away the strongest early games because mages were only given scaling HP runes while all ADs were given a solid flat 8 - 10 attack damage and flat 9 armor. The runes give to both sets equally meaning mages are now a late game as most of their damage relies on scaling and lots of AP. Mages should be strong late if most of them are going to be horribly outclassed early. I've never seen so many AD mids and they wipe the floor with most AP's. Any jungler AP's are basically non-viable in the jungle with how strong their AD counterparts are early. They are mostly gone from top with all the strong tanks, bot is AD only and support they compete with actual supports. > > Also funny how you mention juggernauts because most of them are beyond broken, need 5 to even have a chance against some. > > . What the fuck AD mids are viable? Zed and Talon? Zed is garbage and Talon is decent at best. I'm not talking about AP junglers either you monkey. I'm talking about mid lane mages. But I think you may be missing a few cells if you think juggernauts are beyond broken.
: Worst troll thread, I agree. Also, FYI, mages have been nerfed enough. Stop QQing and learn to play against them, you salty dude. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=MysticDreams12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Qk88tQjR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-21T03:29:09.144+0000) > > Worst troll thread, I agree. > > Also, FYI, mages have been nerfed enough. Stop QQing and learn to play against them, you salty dude. > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Silver V lol
Rioter Comments
: Difference between bruiser, juggernaut and tank
Tanks haven't been weak to fighters and juggernauts in a looooooong time. Fiora can *maybe* give tanks trouble, but tabi + bramble will make her a joke. Yorick is just impossible to 1v1 due to like 6 different sources of damage lmfao.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
swapnava (NA)
: best champ like tryndermere,tahm kench
Maybe Camille? She's only got one real skillshot that's pretty generous.
Winterwings (EUNE)
: Oh yeah, and getting stun locked and being unable to do a damn thing for 5 seconds straight by a {{champion:89}} is so much more interactive, fun and fair, hmm? Or having a game closed out on you by a single {{champion:412}} hook with it's bs "lollipopped" hitbox that snatches onto you as if you're magnetized? You've got a total of 0 games on Enchanters, and playing against them (even if it's every game) will only ever give you one side of the picture...
> [{quoted}](name=Azure Northwing,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V4rFQgR3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-30T16:41:15.429+0000) > > Oh yeah, and getting stun locked and being unable to do a damn thing for 5 seconds straight by a {{champion:89}} is so much more interactive, fun and fair, hmm? > > Or having a game closed out on you by a single {{champion:412}} hook with it's bs "lollipopped" hitbox that snatches onto you as if you're magnetized? > > You've got a total of 0 games on Enchanters, and playing against them (even if it's every game) will only ever give you one side of the picture... Yes, I would much rather play against those things because there's much more counterplay. I don't know why you're complaining about Leona when she's got clear strengths and weakesses, as does Thresh. Neither of these champions are oppressive as of right now. Janna/Lulu/Karma, however, are. They have low levels of interaction with the enemy which creates unfun and one sided gameplay.
Rioter Comments
Geshultz (NA)
: How do people feel about Ornn after 1 month after his release?
I don't think he'll ever be in a balanced state. His kit is kind of outdated for current League.
: It isn't fun being a tank and being used as a lifesteal sponge either.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tuwogXag,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-09-15T13:48:26.995+0000) > > It isn't fun being a tank and being used as a lifesteal sponge either. That's okay, so leave it on Thornmail instead of having in on a 900g item.
: Even still, it's supposed to be a counter.. my lack of knowledge or you crying by getting outplayed? resorting to Ad Hominem because you cant provide any tangible evidence to back your point, or statistics? How mature of you.. Although it is to be expected by someone who loses in lane and cries about it on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=War shrike 97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tuwogXag,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-15T11:22:32.091+0000) > > Even still, it's supposed to be a counter.. my lack of knowledge or you crying by getting outplayed? > resorting to Ad Hominem because you cant provide any tangible evidence to back your point, or statistics? > How mature of you.. Although it is to be expected by someone who loses in lane and cries about it on the boards. You just say "it's a counter". No shit it's a counter. But it's super frustrating and not fun to play against at all. It may be a counter, but there is no counter to it. It just immediately shuts down any fighter and leaves them minimal opportunities at fighting back. Tanks can usually win fights with their CC, base damage, and high stats. The 20 damage return means nothing to them. However, when you play a champion like Aatrox/Jax/Fiora/Camille who rely on autoattacks to do most of their damage, that 20 damage return can add up super quick and there's nothing you can do about it except *not attack the tank*, which is not good gameplay.
: its a good item sure, but not OP. Its supposed to counter what you are talking about. It's tough i know. Its not like bramble ever out damages you. If you can't outdeal 20 dmg in your autos as an adc, then you are just lying. "horrible gameplay", you are obviously talking from experience so you got outplayed and now are crying about it on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=War shrike 97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tuwogXag,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-15T10:28:11.535+0000) > > its a good item sure, but not OP. Its supposed to counter what you are talking about. It's tough i know. > > Its not like bramble ever out damages you. If you can't outdeal 20 dmg in your autos as an adc, then you are just lying. > "horrible gameplay", you are obviously talking from experience so you got outplayed and now are crying about it on the boards. I'm talking about top lane. Anyways, it's clear your knowledge of balance and game design is minimal at best. I hope one day you see the light.
: bramble only deals 20 magic damage to attackers. It really is pretty insignificant dmg. yeah it has GW which reduces healing by 40% but so what? you still heal. You sound like a salty kid that got outplayed by someone using bramble vest
> [{quoted}](name=War shrike 97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tuwogXag,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-15T10:14:40.041+0000) > > bramble only deals 20 magic damage to attackers. It really is pretty insignificant dmg. > yeah it has GW which reduces healing by 40% but so what? you still heal. > You sound like a salty kid that got outplayed by someone using bramble vest You realize that on attack speed reliant champions, 20 damage adds up super quick? And with only 900g you get armor, damage, AND GW? There's no getting "outplayed" by Bramble Vest. You either auto the champion or you don't. It's horrible gameplay.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: It's time to revisit why Kench cannot devour a buff after three attacks like he can champions
What? That would be broken as hell. Kench already does massive damage to jungle creeps. Letting him Devour buffs would be stupid.
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments

Eight Rocks

Level 52 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion