Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ifneth (NA)
: Watch Pink Ward, and you’ll see what Shaco is capable of with a good summoner.
I will admit, if there is one thing Riot should keep in the Shaco rework, it's the blink. Both that and his boxes are pretty huge parts of his identity, but those boxes can go die in a hole for all I care.
: Neeko is surprisingly fun to play against
Pulling off an escape with your W is also quite satisfying. I'm sure we're going to see some highlights of people just toying with others.
: Do we think maybe she's coming out today? I got the mission as well and I'm so excited for her!
> [{quoted}](name=Queen Äsh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmIwAEAu,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-04T08:36:51.986+0000) > > Do we think maybe she's coming out today? I got the mission as well and I'm so excited for her! She shouldn't be. There hasn't even been an announcement for the new patch, which would have come out today if we were to see the patch come out tomorrow night.
: Nope, not me yet. Maybe it is just for mods and stuff so that they can test on a select audience to see if it is working before sending to the general public? Not sure.... Or i could just reboot my league.
> [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmIwAEAu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-04T08:09:06.195+0000) > > Nope, not me yet. Maybe it is just for mods and stuff so that they can test on a select audience to see if it is working before sending to the general public? Not sure.... > > Or i could just reboot my league. No, we get *very* little special treatment from Riot, if any at all. To them, we're just any other average player. And judging by the rest of the comments, I'm not the only one having this.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Something I found out when looking up Diver base damages that I felt would be worth mentioning. the average Diver like {{champion:19}} has a base AD of 111 give or take while that goes up as divers get more bursty, up to 136 I believe for {{champion:62}} being one of if not the most burst heavy Diver. Irelia's base AD is very close to Wukong's at 130+ (they may be the only two Divers with 130+ base AD but don't quote me on that), even though she has quite a bit of sustain damage in her kit. Just putting that out there, might be worth trying to lower her base AD and see what that does.
It is likely because her abilities have decent ratios, but lackluster base values. It's why she can come back so easily mid to late game. So, I'd vote to actually reduce her ratios than her base AD.
: Increase q mana so that she can't just q whenever, instead players should have some skill expression on knowing when to use q or not.
I don't think that would fix many problems, especially since {{item:3057}} is a core buy for her.
Rioter Comments
: Please fix Dawnbringer Riven.
This isn't the only instance of this happening. Several other champions/skins have this problem too. Oddly enough, new champions are coming out without that lining. I believe the first one that was really noticeable was Kayn.....probably has to do with his passive, I'm not sure. But, if I'm not mistaken, what you are seeing is the actual outline of the hitbox for that champion. Sometimes, the model for said champion is just *slightly* bigger than the hitbox in whatever way (for example, the cape on Dawnbringer Riven) that makes it look like that. As for other examples, I can't think of any right now.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Should this be banable?
We have removed the posts. Thanks for letting us know!
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
Like Chicken Wrap stated earlier, I'll also offer my voice if you need one. I wish you guys the best of luck, because you're really going to need it. MOBAs are on the downtrend due to the Battle Royal genre sweeping the industry. It's why new MOBAs, like Paragon, aren't getting off of the ground. The market is simply too saturated, and dominated by the likes of League, DOTA, and Smite (and HOTS, to an extent). My biggest piece of advice is to make a hook that truly differentiates your game from League. League offered simplicity from DOTA, and a better business model. Smite offered a 3rd person view, and the fact that you are playing with actual historical gods. HOTS offered an even simpler version than League, and the fact that favorite Blizzard characters from all of their series is thrown into 1 game (only recently, have they started making heroes of which come from only HOTS). Either way, you are going to need that hook, or else people will write it off as "discount League", and whenever a game has that title, it fails spectacularly. One idea I have is that you could possibly throw in some verticality. All of the MOBAs thus far have played on a flat plane, and it only looks like there is verticality. That's why, in League, you can still hit people, even if they are high in the air due to a knockup. Though, I will admit, coding something like that might be a bit out of your guys' league. Either way, good luck, and keep us posted, will you?
Kovaxz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rocketbird,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WRALKlfB,comment-id=000200010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T23:33:12.340+0000) > > Hey, thanks for bringing this up. We’ve discovered a bug with the Eclipse Leona Megabundle - If you buy Solar and Lunar Eclipse Leona before going to get the megabundle, the discount will appear as 37%. This is an error; the discount is 0% if you already have both of the skins. We’re really sorry about this and will make sure it’s fixed for any variant bundles in the future. Can someone pin this at the top?
> [{quoted}](name=Kovaxz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WRALKlfB,comment-id=0002000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T02:35:10.929+0000) > > Can someone pin this at the top? Unfortunately, can't be done. Apparently only "parent" comments can be pinned, and technically, his comment isn't a "parent" comment. I would, but I can't here.
Rioter Comments
IDIzopu (EUW)
: New skin teaser just came out, lemme know what you guys think
It's the teaser for the coven skins for Camille, Lissandra, and kind of Leona. Unless they got something up their sleeve. I doubt it though since we're going into holiday season. Riot is likely tuning down production right now.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Sandhiggerbomber,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LrEpEMqR,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-11-26T03:16:47.643+0000) > > seems people disagree with u cause i do and seems like alot of people do to? Alot of people also agree with me. If you hover the votes on this thread, it's currently 50/50.
: You're kind of toxic for a moderator, just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=l Mundus l ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LrEpEMqR,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-11-26T02:54:33.058+0000) > > You're kind of toxic for a moderator, just saying. i'm not trying to be toxic, I'm just saying the truth. Sometimes, the truth is a hard pill to swallow.
: your joking right the game is trash how much riot pay u to say this crap?
> [{quoted}](name=Rat With A Gun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LrEpEMqR,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-26T02:46:03.555+0000) > > your joking right the game is trash how much riot pay u to say this crap? $5,000 actually.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Actually turrets are stronger vs. minions now, Baron buffed minions that is. Naron nuff no longer gives minions turret damage protection. :D
Only just barely. Sure, they deal more damage to Baron buffed minions, but that don't mean crap when the minions can cut through them like butter.
Rioter Comments
: The loading thing is nice. Actually like that idea a lot. No more toaster jokes. What about mastery thing though? Can we see mastery points of enemys?
But I liked making Hamster jokes..... {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Meddler (NA)
: Those are Nexus Blitz specific balance changes that for some reason are showing up in other modes on the PBE today. Someone moved some data to the wrong place basically.
Rioter Comments
dome025 (EUW)
: It´s not about the technology. I can imagine that it´s rather easy to implement (if there wouldn´t be spaghetti code everywhere). But rather about the visual work. If the champ really has a "**imperfect** mimicry" mechanic then they need to add a little detail to every champion (Ahri the tail, Darius the flower, etc.) which could be a lot of visual work depending if they can somehow make it automatized/copy and paste or not. Simply copying the skins/visuals from another champion without any extra detail (like the item you mentioned) wouldn´t be hard to implement I guess.
Not really. Just make the "imperfection" a vfx based from an ability, just on the model of the champ being used. They do this with literally every champion.
: Is this a subject concerning SA&S or just Gameplay?
To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure. It's about the new champ, which generally would go in SA&S, but it's also about a mechanic, which would go in Gameplay. Normally, I would post something like this in GD, but it doesn't really fit there either. So......I'll just leave it here.
: Black Market Brawlers was 3 and a half years ago?! Holy fuck
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Jhin IS immobile though. If any diver gets on Jhin he dies. Ashe would have done the exact same thing to that Darius by just perma slowing him.
Admittedly, though, Ashe is FAR less forgiving in these situations. Take one misstep, and that Darius has you. Here, that Darius simply couldn't catch the Jhin, even if he did make a misstep.
Yraco (EUW)
: Idk which champ you're referencing but most of his champs tend to be annoying to deal with, even if they aren't the strongest. {{champion:122}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:142}} and nobody can forget {{champion:157}}
Moody P (NA)
: you're wrong, the damage it gave and the scaling on hit it applied were massive chunks of most users DPS
I have to agree here. You also have to remember that it is % armor/magic pen, not flat armor pen, and it only scales with champion level. Champs who rush this will likely get it by lvl 6 or 7, so, they are running with only 9% armor/magic pen.....which is just shy of 1% less than Last Whisper, and not even close to what Void Staff gives you. Even at lvl 18, where it's at it's strongest, it gives FAR less armor/magic pen than either Lord Dominik's or Void Staff, giving only 15% armor/magic pen, which is hardly more powerful than Last Whisper. So, if anything, I see this as just a means for hybrid users to *kind of* cut through tanks better.
: What about Overwatch and WoW? It's a pretty far fetched comparison lol but it has it's similarities. I'd agree with you tho, the only thing separating a League MMO and MOBA is the gameplay, the characters are still the same and so is the Lore. Personally I find myself going back to games for compelling characters, and since both League games would be set in the same universe I think League would loose a lot of committed players if they Riot released an MMO. I think the reason why both Overwatch and WoW manages to stay afloat is because they're set in different universes and therefor have their own appeal, instead of branching of the same thematic with different gameplay.
Blizzard does have a MOBA though, that being HOTS. Granted, Blizzard tends to take a bit more risks than other companies, and hard commits to them.......ala Diablo Immortal.
: YOu wanna know the truth tho? They would fail misserably, the game would be incredibly bad, making an MMO, even with all the money in the world, IS REALLY HARD, trust me.... we think that all those companies like NCsoft make mistackes and pay2win games, but its actually really hard
Yes, it is really hard to make a good MMO. But look at Ashes of Creation. As of right now, it seems to be hitting all of the right marks, and Intrepid Studios is only about 200 people strong. Granted, Intrepid is their own company, and Riot is owned by Tencent. However, with the fact that Riot pushed *against* Tencent when they wanted to port League to mobile gives me some high hopes. Riot may not be the company it was 10 years ago, but they still know their audience. So, I understand why you may not have any faith in them when it comes to an MMO, but I do. If they are making one, I hope they do take a page out of Intrepid's book, and look at what all of the other MMOs have done wrong.
: Thats where this idea came from for me. All the retcons.. all the maps released, and world building they've done with ASk RIot and boards replies. It all screams some form of game other than a moba. and with the state of league, I think it'd be a smart move to expand the brand.
Oh, we know for a fact that Riot is working on a new game. But that's all we know.....that it's a new game. At this point, you'd pretty hard pressed to say that it *isn't* something based in the Runeterra universe, but, it is still an assumption. We've had little comments here and there about how Riot has tried looking into every genre imaginable, and the only reason its taking so long for this new game to come out is that they're own worst enemy is themselves. Apparently, they want to make a game that is as genre defining as League. But besides that.....that's all we got. Riot has done a fantastic job on not letting even a whisper of whatever this game is get out to the public. EDIT: That said, hype around Riot's next game is gaining some steam. Marc and Brandon moved to working on the new game, Ghostcrawler moved to it......so, it's apparent that Riot is shifting ever more resources into whatever this game is. Because of this, I kind of expect that we could hear *something* about this new game sometime next year.
: TBH id prefer them give him a whole new VGU instead
Something like this is likely very easy to implement, and just one person can do it in like....a day, if not a few hours. Shaco is still really high on the VGU list, this is just a little something until then.
: I'd be so down for a League MMO.
I will always upvote a post about Riot making an MMO. To me, everything they've been releasing that expands on Runeterra is strong evidence for an MMO.
Rioter Comments
: As a Lissandra player, I'm extremely unhappy. The skin is okay. I'm personally not a fan of it but, It does have good quality. The removal of so much ap scaling removes so much solo burst potential Lissandra has; which was already low to begin with. They took so much damage out of her kit for it to shoved back in with her passive that is team fight oriented and requires Lissandra to get the last hit. (Assumption from how the tooltip is written.) If her passive could help her do something more on her own I wouldn't mind, (IE maybe do damage to towers from the explosion or something) but it's just really disappointing for me. I'm happy to see something done with her, I just don't feel this is the direction I would have liked to see. TL;DR It's nice to see something done with Liss, but don't say all Lissandra players are happy, because this Liss player is not.
> [{quoted}](name=Crownless Exalt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WokYi3zH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-07T11:28:32.066+0000) > > As a Lissandra player, I'm extremely unhappy. The skin is okay. I'm personally not a fan of it but, It does have good quality. The removal of so much ap scaling removes so much solo burst potential Lissandra has; which was already low to begin with. They took so much damage out of her kit for it to shoved back in with her passive that is team fight oriented and requires Lissandra to get the last hit. (Assumption from how the tooltip is written.) If her passive could help her do something more on her own I wouldn't mind, (IE maybe do damage to towers from the explosion or something) but it's just really disappointing for me. I'm happy to see something done with her, I just don't feel this is the direction I would have liked to see. > > TL;DR It's nice to see something done with Liss, but don't say all Lissandra players are happy, because this Liss player is not. 1: She never even has to touch the champ that dies in order for the passive to proc.....she simply needs to be in the vicinity. Also, her passive still does proc is she gets an assist after she dies (at least, that's what it looked like on Redmercy's gameplay video of her). 2: The "ice thralls" actually do damage turrets. When one is range, and no other enemies are around, they will target the turrets and do *some* damage to them (not alot) I will admit, I kind of agree that they are likely putting too much power into her passive. It's strong enough that just one person dying on the enemy team means a won teamfight for Lissandra. But, it is still early on in the PBE cycle, so, we'll see how it works out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WokYi3zH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T03:50:44.480+0000) > > According to PBE, they last for 4 seconds. And, unlike Kog'maw, this does magic damage and slows around the champ before the explosion, instead of just doing true damage. > > The "ice thralls" are not controllable, but slowly walk towards the nearest enemy. So decent in a team fight for sure... is it only if she kills? Or if she dealt damage within the last couple seconds of their life?
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfcub2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WokYi3zH,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T03:52:57.843+0000) > > So decent in a team fight for sure... is it only if she kills? Or if she dealt damage within the last couple seconds of their life? They actually just have to be near her.....according to the tool tip. So, no, she doesn't even have to damage them.
: Id have to check out more about her new passive. It looks similar to just making Kogmaw passive for her enemies against their allies, is it controlable? Does it sit there until an enemy walks up to them? How long does it last?
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfcub2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WokYi3zH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-07T03:47:49.667+0000) > > Id have to check out more about her new passive. It looks similar to just making Kogmaw passive for her enemies against their allies, is it controlable? Does it sit there until an enemy walks up to them? How long does it last? According to PBE, they last for 4 seconds. And, unlike Kog'maw, this does magic damage and slows around the champ before the explosion, instead of just doing true damage. The "ice thralls" are not controllable, but slowly walk towards the nearest enemy.
Rioter Comments
Herlgar (NA)
: No lethality, it's useless
> [{quoted}](name=Herlgar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7L7NIAEr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-05T20:29:59.000+0000) > > No lethality, it's useless No magic pen either. 0/10 Riot, fix your game.
: The New Lissandra Passive by Meddler
As someone who loves to play Lissandra..... YES. FRICKEN. PLEASE!
Rioter Comments
: Can riot wake up and do something about IRELIA?!
Irelia has a 48% win rate in both top and middle, with a 4% and 3% play rate respectively.......and this win rate has only gone down the past few patches, while her play rate has stayed the same (info from champion.gg). You would also be surprised at how much -5 movespeed does to a champion. Sure, -3 AD to an ADC doesn't do much, but a -5 movespeed to a fighter hurts alot more than you think.
: The rework was far....faaaar worse. Imagine if Leblanc had one of the best waveclears pre-6....
Then combine it a {{item:3146}}, and have her heal to full with said waveclear! (For those that don't know, LB's Q could spread to other minions, and when she would proc the Q, it would cascade to all other Q's around it, similar to how Ryze's E works. However, this made the game count it as a single target spell on every minion, so, the healing from Hextech would not get reduced, giving her the full healing effect off every proc'd Q.)
Show more

Electro522

Level 123 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion