Xa7h (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=uk0MeJ18,comment-id=000e0002,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:11:22.130+0000) > > They don't want to do anything because it would take them months of manpower. That's literally tens of thousands of dollars for virtually no gain to them. In fact, it's technically a loss to them, since chances are the players who did this would likely stop playing... and those players ARE players who actually visited the store. Even if they have a ton of stuff now, that doesn't mean they have what they wanted and they can't really trade it effectively anyways. > > They don't want to do anything automatic because they don't want to cause any REAL negative impact to players who don't deserve to be negatively impacted(ie. the ones who didn't buy the things). Be it things like Mastery, BE, or LP gains lost. > > Right now, the end result of this error is that a few thousand people got a bunch of free skins, and nobody else was negatively affected in any ACTUAL way. If they did something to manually fix it, it would cost them tens of thousands of dollars and probably scare away some potentially paying customers. If they did something to automatically fix it, it would gain them nothing still, but screw over a bunch of players who had nothing to do with this mistake. > > Riot's only REAL option in this.... is to do nothing. There is this real option called ban the abusers
Which is AWFUL business practice. You should NEVER set the precedent that it is unsafe to go and buy something from your store. People went to the store, saw a price, and bought an item at that price. It's not glitch abuse, it's buying an item from the store.
: Ya I know it is. But that wasn't the point of my comment. If a small company can track down false purchases than so can Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=the shy top,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T22:36:21.967+0000) > > Ya I know it is. But that wasn't the point of my comment. If a small company can track down false purchases than so can Riot. Restating something since you seem to be missing the point: > They can see who did it, absolutely. They can even see how many capsules they bought. And they could revert any unopened capsules pretty easily, I imagine. > > Where it becomes much harder is OPENED capsules. There's no way to differentiate valid capsules from invalid capsules(so if someone bought some capsules correctly afterwards). And it's hard to determine what opened from which capsule. And then they also have to track down the OE values of anything broken down, as well as anything they used that OE for. Oh, and they also have to determine which shards were combined to create other skins using the 3 for 1 thing... and if they did 2 'invalid' skins with 1 valid skin, they'd have to track that and give that person the valid shard back... and if the thing they rerolled was broken down to essence they'd have to revert THAT as well... and if that essence was also spent they'd have to revert that. Oh and then they'd also have to revert any of the shards that were upgraded, which may have been upgraded using valid or invalid essence, so they'd have to determine how much of THAT essence were valid as well... It's not the purchases themselves they can't see. It's the many layers deep of interactions those purchases have since they're capsules.
GFREEMEN (NA)
: Overall perception is accurate to if a champ is bad for the game. Its not only about is a champ OP. Its also are they unfun to play vs.
Not necessarily. Some people play against a champ once in the hands of a good player, get stomped, and ban it for the next month. Other people see a champ banned all the time, ask why, and get told horror stories without ever having seen them in the game.... and ban them based off of those. Some people just ban them because they don't trust their allies to play them well. There are all sorts of reasons for a champ to get banned, and not all of them have real merit behind them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T13:54:25.701+0000) > > They said that they don't have snapshots of your account data...so.............. there's a massive history thread on your purchases, you can view this yourself even. tracking down which people used the 1BE exploit should be fairly easy.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-12T21:44:53.356+0000) > > there's a massive history thread on your purchases, you can view this yourself even. tracking down which people used the 1BE exploit should be fairly easy. They can see who did it, absolutely. They can even see how many capsules they bought. And they could revert any unopened capsules pretty easily, I imagine. Where it becomes much harder is OPENED capsules. There's no way to differentiate valid capsules from invalid capsules(so if someone bought some capsules correctly afterwards). And it's hard to determine what opened from which capsule. And then they also have to track down the OE values of anything broken down, as well as anything they used that OE for. Oh, and they also have to determine which shards were combined to create other skins using the 3 for 1 thing... and if they did 2 'invalid' skins with 1 valid skin, they'd have to track that and give that person the valid shard back... and if the thing they rerolled was broken down to essence they'd have to revert THAT as well... and if that essence was also spent they'd have to revert that. Oh and then they'd also have to revert any of the shards that were upgraded, which may have been upgraded using valid or invalid essence, so they'd have to determine how much of THAT essence were valid as well...
GFREEMEN (NA)
: I can win my lane vs a Yasuo or Akali, Others on my team seem to not. No matter what they both are unfun to play vs so I ban them. They also are STUPID ez for smurfs to steam roll with so ban them to stop that too.
I'm not saying in every case. But, there are ABSOLUTELY cases where people ban things that have no purpose being banned because perception is so far off reality.
Karfuss (EUW)
: Played a game where we were 4v5 from 10 minutes onwards, playing Lux "support." Their Udyr hard carried the game by just pushing whichever lane was free, well played him. Yet that enemy mid lane Annie, lol. Dies, every time, to my QER. Goes 6/15. Is level 14 while everyone is level 18. Yet claims the game was "easy" and "intentionally fed to give us a chance" despite also building Zhonya and Bashee's Veil, because she knew she was getting instant deleted. Everyone reported her, including her own team. There really are some amazingly bad and toxic players who don't belong where they are, whichever ELO you're in. Where they get a run of lucky games, being carried by their team mates, and then thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread.
Just because a player does bad one game doesn't mean they're bad.
Éve (NA)
: I love the lengths people will go to to justify hardcore bug abuse
You need to look up the definition of bug. Riot putting something on the store for the wrong price is not a 'bug' it's a 'data entry mistake'. An example store-related bug would be something like: If Riot put an item on the store and everything looked normal, even the RP price, but when you bought the product it didn't actually charge you. THAT is an actual bug. If you were to then exploit THAT, I'd expect you to get banned. If you see something on the store for a certain price and you buy it and get charged the listed price... you're not to blame. However, if it's a digital good that you are just licensing and don't actually own, it is also within the company's rights to revert the purchase if possible. If it's a product I actually own however? Nope. Once the transaction is complete, the company has agreed that it is correct, functionally. (I wish I'd seen this mistake, I'd have bought the hell out of those capsules...)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lhuhz,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fEiPTshq,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:47:32.612+0000) > > So, the problem is that ppl like him like to watch pro play ? > > Why is that a problem tho. pro play is a problem, so watching the problem is also a problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fEiPTshq,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:48:53.226+0000) > > pro play is a problem, so watching the problem is also a problem. Pro play is the logical result of a successful competitive game.
: Lol I remember a time I used to play Graal online like 8 years ago. My iPhone was jailbroken and I downloaded a hack that could essentially buy in app purchases for free. I swear I bought like 10k worth of shit and my mates did the same. Needless to say everything got refunded and we all got banned for 9999 hours because they could track it down. If a small gaming company like Eurocenter/ Toonslab could do it I'm sure that Riot can do it more than likely. Not saying it should or shouldn't be reverted but Riot clearly has the ability to do so.
> [{quoted}](name=the shy top,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-01-12T21:32:46.382+0000) > > Lol I remember a time I used to play Graal online like 8 years ago. My iPhone was jailbroken and I downloaded a hack that could essentially buy in app purchases for free. I swear I bought like 10k worth of shit and my mates did the same. Needless to say everything got refunded and we all got banned for 9999 hours because they could track it down. If a small gaming company like Eurocenter/ Toonslab could do it I'm sure that Riot can do it more than likely. Not saying it should or shouldn't be reverted but Riot clearly has the ability to do so. You DOWNLOADED A HACK to do it. ie. you glitched the system to perform a backdoor to avoid the cost. In this case, all people did was go to the store and make a purchase exactly as normal. Riot happened to have listed the price wrong. It's a different case entirely.
: Lunar Revel skins for the next 8 years
We'll have a cute bunny vastaya champ, full of anime girl charm, by 2023.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:09:47.105+0000) > > I still remember that time a wow guild got perma banned for 1 shotting Ulduar bosses after a member accidentally recieved a dev tool chest piece via in game mail. Or the guild that got perma'd for cheesing Lich King with engineering bombs. Activision/Blizzard is super harsh about this.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:17:38.660+0000) > > Or the guild that got perma'd for cheesing Lich King with engineering bombs. > Activision/Blizzard is super harsh about this. Those are all in-game exploits as a result of literal bugs. If a bug were found that allowed a player to destroy the enemy nexus at 2 minutes into the game from the fountain... you can damnwell bet people would be banned, or at least have their rank reverted, if they exploited it. This is 'the price in the store was wrong, woops our bad'.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: if Riot was "pulling Apple tactics" all prestige skins would break after 1 years and you'd have to pay $800 to get them repaired in official licensed Riot skin repair shops (TM).
Also, Riot would stop supporting the base model, and balance changes(other than nerfs) would only apply to the prestige model.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:28:10.923+0000) > > There is a lot about gameplay. Just not the specific gameplay subjects you want. You're just ignoring the gameplay subjects you don't want to hear about and pretending they don't exist. Which is pretty typical of the average user around here. What the fuck are you even talking about? Vague statements like that say nothing and aren't based on facts, which is pretty ironic, considering what you just said.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:39:00.087+0000) > > What the fuck are you even talking about? Vague statements like that say nothing and aren't based on facts, which is pretty ironic, considering what you just said. I don't need to go into detail. Your previous posts already clarified. You're disregarding meddler's posts, anything about nexus blitz, the crit item rework. etc. etc. You yourself in your posts have STATED directly that there ARE Gameplay posts, they are just not what you CONSIDER to be a post about 'gameplay', even though - factually - they ARE about gameplay.
: Like, generally speaking, if there are like 5-7 champions with a consistent banrate of at least 30%, even after multiple nerfs, there has to be something off. And the thing also is: you cant even play the champs yourself properly. About last week, I wanted to try Irelia (I used to play the old one a bit, and now after the nerfs I had hoped she would be banned+played less often) and in 5 games I played with friends (=my team never banned her) she always got banned by the enemy. Im not looking to play her anymore, even if it turned out that Im the greatest Irelia in the world, it does not seem worth investing time into a champ you usually just cant even pick...
There has to be something off, but it could be something Riot has no control over: Perception.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dixon Cider,realm=OCE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=uk0MeJ18,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T03:15:59.554+0000) > > Gonna cop flak for this, but genuinely curious what you don't think is reasonable? > > "Hey guys, we hear that you're upset about this. The issue is that we literally cannot revert the bug without spending thousands of dollars and causing widespread problems" > "fuck you riot you're being unreasonable" Lets speculate a bit here lets assume each person got 20 capsules (avg) at 750RP each thats 15000 RP per person that Riot has lost out on or $100 per person that exploited the bug assuming each person took the best RP deal or $100 grand for every thousand people that exploited the bug. so if 5000 people exploited this then Riot is eating a MINIMAL loss of half a million. im 90% sure it'll be cheaper to revert the mess manually that it is to just eat the loss
This would be relevant if Riot maintained a 'free market' system for trading content. But they don't. So the impact is nowhere near this great. Because the players who got these free capsules probably would've bought 1-2 each otherwise. Hell, some of them may have not even been intending to buy anything when they saw it, they might've just been browsing the store to see what was on sale... then they saw capsules for 1 BE each and were like 'sure, that sounds like a good deal' so bought some. Which means Riot potentially lost NOTHING off some players.
Kyushi (NA)
: So basically you're saying you don't want to manually do anything to fix it because it would take a lot of resources and time to be accurate, and you wont do anything across the board because it could affect things like peoples LP gains? In pre-season mind you? This is kind of a load of bullshit and I'm still refusing to spend more money on riot until they do something satisfactory about this.
They don't want to do anything because it would take them months of manpower. That's literally tens of thousands of dollars for virtually no gain to them. In fact, it's technically a loss to them, since chances are the players who did this would likely stop playing... and those players ARE players who actually visited the store. Even if they have a ton of stuff now, that doesn't mean they have what they wanted and they can't really trade it effectively anyways. They don't want to do anything automatic because they don't want to cause any REAL negative impact to players who don't deserve to be negatively impacted(ie. the ones who didn't buy the things). Be it things like Mastery, BE, or LP gains lost. Right now, the end result of this error is that a few thousand people got a bunch of free skins, and nobody else was negatively affected in any ACTUAL way. If they did something to manually fix it, it would cost them tens of thousands of dollars and probably scare away some potentially paying customers. If they did something to automatically fix it, it would gain them nothing still, but screw over a bunch of players who had nothing to do with this mistake. Riot's only REAL option in this.... is to do nothing.
: "watch e-sports, get rewards"
Players who watch LCS: "I love watching this. You know what'd be cool? If I could somehow tie this into my time playing the game - maybe with like a tiny cosmetic or something." Riot: "Here have these tiny little cosmetic rewards for watching. We appreciate the time you're putting into watching!" Players who hate LCS: "RIOT JUST WANTS TO FORCE ME TO WATCH LCS!"
: Champions that i will always regret not banning if they're picked
: Why Was "Honoring Opponents" Removed?
It was removed when Riot revamped the system because the new system they were designing didn't have a good visual place for honouring opponents, and they were just focusing on getting the starting point in place for the current honour system. That is WHY it was removed. Whether its removal was a good thing or not? Well that's another question. I do miss being able to acknowledge opponents who made the game fun. I also miss being able to honour multiple people. That being said, I do kind of like how the new system makes it easier to honour than to not honour and presents it as an obvious question to you at the end of a game.
: Hey Rito. Guess people are not fan of your nasty money grabbing schemes.
Riot: Game is free to be played and you can earn all gameplay-specific content without spending a cent. Releases cosmetic stuff that has no impact on games. Offers options to get stuff for free by playing well and being a good teammate, and more rapidly during certain events. Gets bashed for moneygrubbing. People don't even think anymore, do they?
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Honestly I am VERY surprised by Riot's stance on the whole 1 BE situation.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-12T13:45:19.593+0000) > > I know PLENTY of games where if you abused something like this you'd INSTANTLY get perma banned. > For Riot to literally not do anything seems to me like they're just too lazy to track down every instance of this getting abused. Name one game where a developer posted something on their store for the wrong value and people got banned for buying it. I've never heard of such a thing.
: When you call enemies or allies bad
That's what I say when people call me bad... "We're all bad. If we weren't, we wouldn't be high silver/low gold."
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 11
I'm probably too late for you to see this Meddler, but I enjoyed reading this post quite a bit. I'd love to see a similar post outlining your thoughts on the support position as a whole, as well as the current state of poke vs engage vs catch vs enchanter, and what the team's philosophy on enchanters as a whole is.
: Just cause you explained it doesn’t make it feel any less unfair. Literally the same day I spent around $75 on capsules trying to get content and these people just get it for free and get to keep it after they effectively break terms of service abusing an error. I understand that you may not be able to revert this but it still feels awful to us players who spend what little spare money they have (and worked their ass of for) on capsules only to have others get it by chance for free.
Take a step back, assess the REAL impact this error had on you. 1) You lost nothing. Before the exploit and after the exploit, your account had exactly the same stuff on it. 2) Less than 1% of the game's population got some free cosmetic items. 3) The cost of these items went back to the intended value immediately afterwards, meaning everyone - including you - who wasn't there during the 14 minutes experienced exactly what everyone would have had the exploit not happened. You were not forced to spend money, you were simply presented the option to do so. Basically, the real impact of this is... imaginary. It had no effect on you... yet you are making the decision to let this impact you. However... since you are, let me give you a solution: If you, instead, pretend that this was an intentional 'doorbuster' sale Riot put on, providing a massive discount to the first few thousand customers... tadaa. Problem solved.
: Same. Refund our accounts the money.
So wait... because a few people exploited a system, you want them to give EVERYONE money? I... uh... ya...
: I'm talking mid-late game. Not lane phase. Lane phase the warding is much more linear and less of an issue. Each lane has their yellow trinket and pink ward and is responsible for their own entrances, with the duo lane often using their 'second ward' to watch the bush or sometimes dragon/blue buff, depending on the enemy jungler, where your jungler uses their ward, and how your lane is going. It's a much easier dynamic, and thus your 'less ward heavy support' is less of a concern. This is why I suspected you were a lane focused player. Nearly all of your responses focus on the lane - whether you intend to or not. Lane phase rarely ends before level 9(well except for the support sometimes if he's roaming), so level isn't an issue if we're talking about the non-lane-phase. Edit: As to why you can't supplement for a poor warding support? It's because you're supposed to be contributing to warding ANYWAYS. So the GOOD warding support is STILL relying on the rest of the team to ward some things. Because one person can't ward/clear everything. There's a reason why you'll often see pro teams with 8-10 pink wards in their inventory as a team. Because EVERYONE is EXPECTED to ward. So if your support is bad at it, the rest of your team can't just WARD MORE because they're ALREADY supposed to be WARDING as much as they can. You're just losing out on a BIG chunk of your warding with no one to pick up the slack.
What are you even talking about? Oh I see, I used the word 'everything', and you interpreted that to mean every inch of the map as opposed to 'everything relevant to your current situation'. You're absolutely right. I should have been more clear and not assumed you'd be able to use reading comprehension to understand the intent behind my words, especially given the previous posts in this thread. My apologies for the grievous mistake. I won't make it again. To clarify: At any phase in the game there is a certain baseline of vision that is important to progressing the game. The baseline changes over the course of the game of course... and anything above that is what allows for intelligent decisions and strategic outplays. But you're right. We're never going to agree, because you clearly don't value vision at ALL. Which means you play for lane and probably don't pay attention to your minimap anyways.
: Irrelevant communication is barely any communication at all. Things like lore and music always receive positive reception so there are aways people to talk to the community on those fronts. Gameplay is never under that kind of reception from either parties. > I do enjoy the fact that you're accusing me of sounding like a 16 year old when you're acting like a child whining about the fact that they're not getting exactly what they want every second, even going as far as to mass insult everyone who wants information different from you. It's a pretty ironic statement, really. But enough about that. Instead of aknowledging it, you start arguing about it like, ironically exactly how i thought you would. Figures. > there just isn't the TIME for that to happen. For them to even write 10 words directed at each of us would take every single Rioter(who has another job to do as well) writing ~10 thousand words each. What the hell are you talking about? You think i expect them to address every single one of us? No! What the...that is like the most naive expectation anyone could have of any company. I expect them to communicate about gameplay-related problems or in general more frequently on their OWN SITE, rather than throw articles and patch notes at us that don't mean anything on our end. I never said they should address "every single person's concern", i said they need to start talking to us. There is little to nothing recently, and the articles don't count because it isn't relevant on our end. Oh, and there is little to nothing, including lore, music, art and gameplay recently. This isn't just about gameplay.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T20:53:30.310+0000) > > Irrelevant communication is barely any communication at all. Things like lore and music always receive positive reception so there are aways people to talk to the community on those fronts. Gameplay is never under that kind of reception from either parties. > > Instead of aknowledging it, you start arguing about it like, ironically exactly how i thought you would. Figures. > > What the hell are you talking about? You think i expect them to address every single one of us? No! What the...that is like the most naive expectation anyone could have of any company. I expect them to communicate about gameplay-related problems or in general more frequently on their OWN SITE, rather than throw articles and patch notes at us that don't mean anything on our end. I never said they should address "every single person's concern", i said they need to start talking to us. There is little to nothing recently, and the articles don't count because it isn't relevant on our end. Oh, and there is little to nothing, including lore, music, art and gameplay recently. This isn't just about gameplay. There is a lot about gameplay. Just not the specific gameplay subjects you want. You're just ignoring the gameplay subjects you don't want to hear about and pretending they don't exist. Which is pretty typical of the average user around here.
SikhRS (NA)
: Lack of a Report Option in Champ Select Makes It Easier For Role Hijackers/Toxics to Go Unpunished
I believe the problem with report-in-champ-select is that champ select time has a purpose. You only have a limited amount of time in champ select and you should be spending it on a specific thing. Same goes for report-in-game. You shouldn't be wasting your limited amount of time in the portions that have restricted time limits on reporting people. Once you're out of the game, there's no more time limit so THAT is when reporting makes the most sense.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: What people seem to not understand about "nerf everyone equally" is that not everyone needs equal nerfs. Ok, say we take damage down by 40% on everyone. Who will be more popular after? Same champions as now, because even tho it takes longer to kill, they still are the fastest killers. Yes, games will be longer, but that's all that will differ. No-one's gonna take Va(a)rus to deal damage since even now he seems to be unable to do damage (right now, he's considered C tier on some lists, hence why I named him, no offence to anyone). If you take away 40% of his damage as well along Lucian, Lucian will still be more popular because Varus can't kill shit while Lucian, although slower than now, is still going to be the best killer. Straight up buffing defenses does the same thing, the fastest killers will still be the ones most picked. You can't nerf everything equally or buff all defenses. You need to figure out what's actually strong because it's strong, weak because it's just trash or weak as a side effect of something else. For example, we all know Tanks are trash right now due to the amount of true damage from IE and Conqueror, (tho IE gets a change, so forget that one for now). Say we remove Conqueror for 1 patch, see how Tanks fare, will they be too strong or too still weak or just in a good spot? If Tanks are in a good spot afterwards when true damage is gone, then there's no reason to buff defensive items as it will make Tanks too oppressive, so instead of having the ADC cry "I need more defense" have him actually build something that's defense other than GA as 5th item. If tanks are still weak, then look at why and not just buff defensive items unless they need buffed. People here are "just buff all defense" or "just nerf all damage" without realizing such a change will do little to nothing. Each champion that is a problem needs addressed in a different way, hence why "nerfing damage" is not an easy task.
The point isn't that a 'mass nerf' would fix everything. What a mass nerf would do would be to give the opportunity to find a new balance medium. The mass nerf would need to be the start of a new balance cycle, resulting in a new wave of changes.... not the 'end all' solution to the problem. So yes, not everyone needs equal nerfs, but an equal across the board nerf would get the game to a state where they could then re-assess what was OP in a more healthy overall gamestate, allowing for individualized buffs/nerfs around the new standard. It would be a start, resulting in a place where the game was less about two-shotting/one-shotting... and then they could see WHO is in a bad state at that point, and make adjustments accordingly from there. But I feel like 'current state - x%' would probably be healthier than 'current state' as a starting point.
: Yeah, the crit "rework" which...is nothing but item reworks that they do every pre-season because it's part of the yearly quota. Noone has to push any extra effort to fill quotas! I personally think critical strikes should be removed or reworked as a mechanic entirely. It's RNG at it's worst. Nexus Blitz is a featured game mode which does not count for what most of us are playing on a regular basis. It's like saying they're communicating about issues with ARAM or TT. Like seriously? Who cares? The casual players? They'll settle for anything because they have no standards for game integrity as long as they're having fun. The Odyssey breakdown article is just a bunch of graphs about again, a semi-annual game mode which is not even a discussion. It's an article that lists facts they pulled from their internal statistics and has nothing to do what our opinion is because while it says "Well, you liked doing missions and here are some strats you tried." It's not a two-way conversation. We have no influence with the way they present their communication with us in any of the ways you've listed because whatever we say, they'll do it their way anyway. We rarely have ever influenced Riot in any major ways to force them to make big changes like Ranked Flex-only or toxicity problems, which aren't fixed to this day. Some champion rework ideas cuz it makes money if you do a good job in popularity-contests. Don't talk to me in a condescending manner. You sound like any other 16 year old who uses it to win an argument without providing any counter argument. It's pathetic, cheap and immature. Riot offers little to no communication, and when they do, we have almost no say in it whatsoever. They hide behind their "Cuz there's not enough of you." as if that's relevant when the point of discussion is DISCUSSION not pushing for a majority vote. Their lack of communication contributes to the way they avoid being influenced. Think about it - when a person is asked a question in an interview they can't just ignore it. They can't run out of the room without betraying some hidden agenda. But on the internet, that's obviously not the case. Riot's been doing this silence treatment shit for years and they're pretty much a lost cause at this point. They're afraid of meaningful change, because their incompetence outweighs the integrity of their playerbase.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-04T20:54:48.918+0000) > > Yeah, the crit "rework" which...is nothing but item reworks that they do every pre-season because it's part of the yearly quota. Noone has to push any extra effort to fill quotas! I personally think critical strikes should be removed or reworked as a mechanic entirely. It's RNG at it's worst. > > Nexus Blitz is a featured game mode which does not count for what most of us are playing on a regular basis. It's like saying they're communicating about issues with ARAM or TT. Like seriously? Who cares? The casual players? They'll settle for anything because they have no standards for game integrity as long as they're having fun. > > The Odyssey breakdown article is just a bunch of graphs about again, a semi-annual game mode which is not even a discussion. It's an article that lists facts they pulled from their internal statistics and has nothing to do what our opinion is because while it says "Well, you liked doing missions and here are some strats you tried." It's not a two-way conversation. > > We have no influence with the way they present their communication with us in any of the ways you've listed because whatever we say, they'll do it their way anyway. We rarely have ever influenced Riot in any major ways to force them to make big changes like Ranked Flex-only or toxicity problems, which aren't fixed to this day. Some champion rework ideas cuz it makes money if you do a good job in popularity-contests. > > Don't talk to me in a condescending manner. You sound like any other 16 year old who uses it to win an argument without providing any counter argument. It's pathetic, cheap and immature. > > Riot offers little to no communication, and when they do, we have almost no say in it whatsoever. They hide behind their "Cuz there's not enough of you." as if that's relevant when the point of discussion is DISCUSSION not pushing for a majority vote. Their lack of communication contributes to the way they avoid being influenced. Think about it - when a person is asked a question in an interview they can't just ignore it. They can't run out of the room without betraying some hidden agenda. But on the internet, that's obviously not the case. Riot's been doing this silence treatment shit for years and they're pretty much a lost cause at this point. They're afraid of meaningful change, because their incompetence outweighs the integrity of their playerbase. Which is exactly my point. They offered ALL SORTS of communication about the game, and gameplay, and other subjects. They're not the subject you want information on. But they are subjects that OTHER PEOPLE may want information on. I do enjoy the fact that you're accusing me of sounding like a 16 year old when you're acting like a child whining about the fact that they're not getting exactly what they want every second, even going as far as to mass insult everyone who wants information different from you. It's a pretty ironic statement, really. But enough about that. The reality is that you're trying to get a personalized two way conversation going... but you have to realize that there are literally tens of millions of us, and approximately 2.5 thousand Rioters. Personalized, two way conversations are impossible under that situation - there just isn't the TIME for that to happen. For them to even write 10 words directed at each of us would take every single Rioter(who has another job to do as well) writing ~10 thousand words each. They do quite well compared to a lot of companies... but they can't address every single person's concern. If this month they're addressing a concern that isn't yours, don't whine that you aren't catered to, be happy for the people who the communication IS targeted at.
: Except that..they haven't. At most, all they've done is respond to lore-related questions and positive feedback elsewhere. There has been little to no discussion about gameplay or new features to the game. My post didn't come out of the blue because i'm not stupid enough to complain about holiday breaks. I knew this would happen in advance. Now granted, my post was propably poorly timed which is why many seem to get the wrong impression here, but i am referring to communication in general. It's been radio silence for almost 3 months now, minus the Gameplay threads that bascially give a heads up on what's to come but no real discussion to be had there outside of the 1-reply Q&As some people manage with Meddler, if they're lucky. We don't have 2 or 3 Rioters that check the Boards and do stuff here which is funny, since we have dedicated community members who do their job for them, on THEIR OWN website. But sure, let's go to the shit-infested place called "Reddit" cuz it's where all the cool kids are at, huh? Pff..so much for integrity. They haven't addressed any issues at all recently. That transfer issue up there? Been up for 2 months and counting. Repeating Gameplay issues? Been up for 5 years almost, still counting. Meaningful new features that don't ruin the game, and make it more enjoyable at the same time? Does loot count? Kinda controversial. Other than that, not really...maybe Role Select? Okay, i'll give them one. ONE. But sure, you go on and ignore everything i say just because it doesn't address the point **you** would like to make.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-30T01:03:25.897+0000) > > Except that..they haven't. At most, all they've done is respond to lore-related questions and positive feedback elsewhere. > > There has been little to no discussion about gameplay or new features to the game. My post didn't come out of the blue because i'm not stupid enough to complain about holiday breaks. I knew this would happen in advance. Now granted, my post was propably poorly timed which is why many seem to get the wrong impression here, but i am referring to communication in general. It's been radio silence for almost 3 months now, minus the Gameplay threads that bascially give a heads up on what's to come but no real discussion to be had there outside of the 1-reply Q&As some people manage with Meddler, if they're lucky. > > We don't have 2 or 3 Rioters that check the Boards and do stuff here which is funny, since we have dedicated community members who do their job for them, on THEIR OWN website. But sure, let's go to the shit-infested place called "Reddit" cuz it's where all the cool kids are at, huh? Pff..so much for integrity. > > They haven't addressed any issues at all recently. That transfer issue up there? Been up for 2 months and counting. > > Repeating Gameplay issues? Been up for 5 years almost, still counting. > > Meaningful new features that don't ruin the game, and make it more enjoyable at the same time? Does loot count? Kinda controversial. Other than that, not really...maybe Role Select? Okay, i'll give them one. ONE. > > But sure, you go on and ignore everything i say just because it doesn't address the point **you** would like to make. You're ignoring the dozens of posts discussing various aspects of the game. The crit item rework one, for example. The ones about Blitz. The Odyssey breakdown article recently. Be honest: You have a very specific issue you want addressed. They haven't addressed it. As a result, you're ignoring every post they make and claiming they don't make any.
: Everyone wants to see damage nerfed but no one's willing to have their class nerfed.
That's why you don't nerf ONE thing. They just need to straight up reduce damage by a percent across the board and then reassess the game.
: Looks like someone has trouble reading. > Edit: I know they're on holiday break but i am referring to communication in general, including before the break. They've been completely silent about most things for a longer time now.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=002d0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T16:12:39.085+0000) > > Looks like someone has trouble reading. No, I saw that. I just chose to ignore it, just like you're choosing to ignore the constant stream of communication they've been giving us simply because it doesn't address the one issue you actually care about.
: Pretty shocking to see Riot not even talking to us anymore.
Oh ya, I'm just... so very surprised that Riot has gone radio silent during the holidays. No other company does that. I mean, game developers don't get to go and see their families at Christmas, so the only possible explanation for their silence this past month is that they just hate us and don't want to talk to us.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=000900000001000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T19:55:23.975+0000) > > The point is that a blitz only HAS TO HIT ONE, whereas the ez has to hit several. And against a decent opponent an ez will NEVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to hit several during the lane because he'll only be able to hit when there are no minions, as if he walks into autoattack range to pop a w, he is also range of a zyra combo, a vel combo, a brand combo, etc... and I guarantee you their combo does more damage than his in the lane, and their combo ALSO locks him down for followup from the adc, which since he's overextended enough to autoattack the support, the ADC can definitely follow up... Over extended? Ezreal? With their free flash skill on top of their regular flash? Nah, Ezreal has the easy life. Poke poke poke OMG THEY ARE ABOUT TO ATTACK ME WHAT SHOULD I oh right I'm Ezreal I have a free flash skill silly me.
But... ez support, in a real game, should NEVER get those items because he'll lose the lane so hard he'll have ZERO GOLD TO SPEND. An Ez support should die prettymuch every time he tries to get his procs on his spellthief. An ez support should be sitting on no wards at 25+ minutes because he hasn't been able to hit anyone without dying. If that's not the case, then we're talking like bronze/iron... and well, balance doesn't matter down there so have fun with it.
: > No actually you can't. Riot limits warding so much that you can't really supplement for a poor warding support. Are you sure you know what the word supplement means? > It's not like you can just go buy a batch of green wards and an oracle elixir and ward/clear for yourself. You need your blue trinket as an adc, and not getting it is a detriment to the entire team. Um, you can't even upgrade to blue trinket till level 9. You can ward yourself with your trinket and/or buying control wards.
I'm talking mid-late game. Not lane phase. Lane phase the warding is much more linear and less of an issue. Each lane has their yellow trinket and pink ward and is responsible for their own entrances, with the duo lane often using their 'second ward' to watch the bush or sometimes dragon/blue buff, depending on the enemy jungler, where your jungler uses their ward, and how your lane is going. It's a much easier dynamic, and thus your 'less ward heavy support' is less of a concern. This is why I suspected you were a lane focused player. Nearly all of your responses focus on the lane - whether you intend to or not. Lane phase rarely ends before level 9(well except for the support sometimes if he's roaming), so level isn't an issue if we're talking about the non-lane-phase. Edit: As to why you can't supplement for a poor warding support? It's because you're supposed to be contributing to warding ANYWAYS. So the GOOD warding support is STILL relying on the rest of the team to ward some things. Because one person can't ward/clear everything. There's a reason why you'll often see pro teams with 8-10 pink wards in their inventory as a team. Because EVERYONE is EXPECTED to ward. So if your support is bad at it, the rest of your team can't just WARD MORE because they're ALREADY supposed to be WARDING as much as they can. You're just losing out on a BIG chunk of your warding with no one to pick up the slack.
CSDragon (NA)
: "Hitting tanks as your optimal DPS pattern isn't as exciting as finding opportunities to go take out their backline." So? People who want to have "exciting" gameplay can play AD Casters like Lucian, Xayah, Ezreal and other highly mobile burst-damage adcs. I don't play Trist or Cait for "exciting" gameplay, I play them for consistent damage. That's the point of crit hypercaries.
"other highly mobile" - Xayah Then sites Trist and Cait as alternatives.... you know both Trist and Cait have more mobility than Xayah, right? Please tell me you know that.
macspam (NA)
: they should also not let you ban the champ your teammate is hovering.
So, if I see my ally hover say Garen, Nasus, or Darius... what is to stop me from hovering Teemo in response to troll him by preventing him from banning what I know he's almost certainly going to ban?
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhJujGv0,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-12-15T16:58:20.295+0000) > > While I do see your point... it's logical that you'd think the person would simply ask if their team has anyone they want to ban... > > but the people who ban none are often the trolls. So if you remove 'none', then they're just going to ban allies' hovered champs in stead... this is the first valid counter-argument i have seen... then again.. trolls will be trolls, and IMO it still better to remove one trolling option even if it leaves them with another. At least that's making progress in the right direction. if riot didn't HAVE like 15 bans that are ban worthy this wouldn't really even be much of an issue.. the fact is they do... and the fact if they NEED to be picked or banned out, otherwise the game is going to be shit.
I don't know that it's progress in the right direction if you replace a minor form of trolling with a major one. Not banning simply leaves a champ that might be problematic open. Doesn't mean the enemy will pick them, or if they do that they'll perform well enough to be a problem. Banning your ally's hover prettymuch automatically sets that ally into a bad mood, reducing the quality of their play.
: Tbf I don't think anyone has power against that.
{{champion:67}} {{item:4403}} {{item:4403}} {{item:4403}} {{item:4403}} {{item:4403}} {{item:4403}}
: The fact that a champion like reworked Akali could make it to live is a joke
I mean, your w can be used while cced and acts as a cleanse. It SHOULD have a very high cd. Regardless of whether Akali's shroud lets her attack under tower, it can't be used to break cc. I'm not saying Akali's fine, but that's NOT a fair comparison. lol
: Remove 'none' as a ban option.
While I do see your point... it's logical that you'd think the person would simply ask if their team has anyone they want to ban... but the people who ban none are often the trolls. So if you remove 'none', then they're just going to ban allies' hovered champs in stead...
: I am skipping divisions and promos too, the problem is you can’t skip from division 2 to division 4 of the next tier OR division 1 to division 3 of the next tier so basically I have to climb 3 out of 4 divisions per tier. In the current system it would take a minimum 58 games to reach d4 and that’s with a 58/0 record if lp gains go to + 34 per win you might be able to do it in about 50 games with a perfect record, but I’ve yet to see anyone get above +32 lp. The point is the grind is too much once you get within a tier of your mmr you’ll quit skipping promos and divisions and you’ll have to grind another 4 divisions with promos so that’s another 30+ games Having to play 100 + games to get to your actual mmr is absurd and the last tier is going to feel like shit since you’ll be in your actual mmr playing the games (should have a ~54% win rate if you belong there) but you still have to play promos to promote. Also I can’t duo with ppl in ranked cause I’m silver, but I guess I could bring a legit bronze 4 player into my mid plat games, cause why not?
you could just, oh I dunno, not ruin peoples' games by smurfing... oh wait, that's too logical.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=69cNkZGX,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-14T02:05:11.970+0000) > > I'm pretty glad that she isn't like that, personally. But to each their own. I hope we get another champ that is a more animalistic vastaya to suit your tastes soon. I don't have something special about more animal like champions. It just annoys me that the concept has great potencial and we just got a zoe like girl.
aside from the fact that they both are female, somewhat young, and have vague anime influences... they look nothing alike.
: If you could delete one champion from the game, who would it be?
I'm torn between Blitzcrank, Shaco, and Fiddlesticks... but I'm gonna go blitz I feel like there's a world in which shaco or fiddle are healthy with kit reworks that still maintain some sort of identity... but I just think Blitz's primary defining factor is his hook, but the way his hook is is inherently unhealthy for the game and thus he cannot ever be a healthy champion without simply NOT being Blitz. (also: Obligatory Teemo)
Wuks (NA)
: Report Your Nexus Blitz Bugs Here!
I'm not sure if it's considered a bug, but it seems like it should be: Description: Traps such as teemo mushrooms, Caitlyn traps, etc. don't despawn at the start of the prize fight minigame or between rounds. Expected result: Prize fight should be a 2v2 fight, without influence from other champs. Observed result: Traps stay between prize fight rounds. Reproduction Rate: 100% Specs, irrelevant
: 🎁🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ahri ! 🎁🎉
that fan art gives me an FFXIV vibe... like "what would Ahri look like if she was in Eorzea". Really pretty.
: I personally think Neeko should look like this.
I'm pretty glad that she isn't like that, personally. But to each their own. I hope we get another champ that is a more animalistic vastaya to suit your tastes soon.
CakeMix (EUW)
: Yet it's stood the test of time (current 22 years old) Right, don't wanna be rude but you have no fcking clue what your talking about. It's controls are pretty much perfect and the camera is not as bad as you make it out to be (but what do you know). Anyone who has an issue with a cartoon art style is a pathetic child and is solely to blame, not the game. AND platformers only have a perceived "niche" because 1. most AAA companies do not want to make a platformer when you can make BIG $$$ with a clone to whatever is currently popular. Saying that, pretty much every single playformer from Nintendo is considered quite highly (because nintendo make good games). And a countless amount of games on steam are platformers and each achieves praise. Games like: Ori and the blind Forrest + Guaca Melee As for Mario 64. There is a reason, after 22 years that it's still the most speedrunned game. It's because that game is notorious of being a gaming masterpiece that got pretty much everything right. All you presented is bullshit points based on your opinion, which means absolutely fucking nothing when you are trying to defend your monumentally idiotic statement of games not having a right way or a wrong way to be made.
EVERYTHING about game quality is OPINION except the existence(or absence thereof) of bugs/glitches. That's what makes this so hilarious. People are allowed to have their own opinions, and they are not wrong for having them. There is nothing EVERYONE lik4es. Yes, a LOT of people love Mario 64, but a person is not WRONG for disliking it. Controls cannot be perfect. People are allowed ot like whatever art style they want, whether it's cartoony or otherwise. I love anime style art, but I have a friend who HATES it. Neither of us are right or wrong. It's all OPINION. I didn't like BotW visuals - they felt washed out and grey to me. But clearly a lot of people love them. And that's fine. It's all... OPINION. You saying Mario 64 is amazing is an opinion. It's a very popular opinion, but it is still an opinion. A person who hates Mario 64 because they disliked the controls or the camera or the art style or the collect-a-thon, or even the fact that it's a platformer... is still entitled to that opinion. That opinion is not WRONG. It simply disagrees with yours.(and mine for that matter. While I don't consider Mario 64 to be 'best game ever' material because I lack the nostalgia, I still consider it to be a fun game) However this'll be my last comment. When someone displays the degree of arrogance to act like their **opinion **on a video game is **correct **simply because it is **popular**, there's no getting through to them with any amount of logic. So I'll simply bow out and wish you a good day.
: 2018 Lore Party Thread! Free-For-All Time
I think the unspecified issues were that Noxus would eventually HAVE to lose. They were worried about the riots that were bound to happen when Noxus lost a round, so they cancelled the tournament.
Show more

Eleshakai

Level 63 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion