Boomer (OCE)
: Nothing. They've had their chances to retain me as a customer, but the continuous stupid decisions regarding balance and gameplay has gone on for too long. After URF ends I'm fucking off.
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 7
Any thoughts on Sylas? His waveclear is a little too weak to have such high Mana costs.
: > [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zUs25ABT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-01-28T05:32:15.775+0000) but as a JG main, I need to know which enemies to be careful with. And which enemies to camp lol.
Exactly {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rivenin (NA)
: Hide mastery points option
I don't like this idea. I get what you're saying, but as a JG main, I need to know which enemies to be careful with.
: Quick Gameplay Thought: January 24
Any thoughts on Sylas? He's feeling kinda bad with both mana costs being high and waveclear being poor.
: How many Bionicle are there now?
zounet (EUW)
: And what is the stone ezreal was searching for?
Tear. Too bad he can't stack double tear anymore lol
: > [{quoted}](name=FSRER,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gOEPGij9,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2020-01-09T13:26:16.033+0000) > > Wow...I got chills running down my spine from this. Warriors was such a amazing song... > But I have a major complain as well...Garen! Come on Riot! Garen, one of the strongest (if not the strongest) warrior in Demacia, who we have seen break through Noxian lines, hundreds of them like they were nothing, the same guy that was able to move a giant statue like it was nothing, taking one punch from Sylas and flying to the other side of the place...come on! Sylas doesn't have any magic to affect his melee capabilities and even if he had, he shouldn't be able to take on Garen 1 on 1. And again, in the last scene in the Frejlord, has Lux done any good by calling Galio into the fight? Galio is a petricite golem and since his creation, he has been in countless fights and what does Sylas do best? Absorb magic from any surface meaning that just by a touch, Sylas could potentialy absorb all the magic that Galio has absorbed in all those ages and since so far we have not seen Sylas being overcharged by magic, he would literally be unstoppable (and as a side note...Garen really has to get a new sword to carry on such missions..) > And another thing. Demacian soldiers have been fighting Barbarians from the Frejlord since forever so I also have doubts on how these barbarians would be able to put up a fight with the elite trained Demacian soldiers. > But again, amazing video with amazing artwork > If only the game was half as good... Garen´s strength is actually partly magic based with him using some manner of self strengthening to push himself beyond human limits, something someone (forgot who) taunts him for being ignorant off. This is seen in the video when Sylas absorbs this golden slow from Garen´s Sword on first contact before punching him away, also possible Sylas had gotten another self strengthening from a iceborn follower beforehand. As for Galio&Syals they are basically doing the same thing, absorb magic to help themselves.....with both of them pulling at it there should not be much effect if any at all. As for the Demacian soldiers vs Barbarians, those aint your average Barbarians, Freljord ones have Iceborn and who even knows how man other weird things mixed in and they had Sylas tossing giant boulders around like a portable catapult with a high firing speed. But heck even the normal men from the Freljord who are still alive have spent their lives fighting while the Demacian spent a lot just relaxing or Training instead of putting their lives on the line, even with superior equipment those men would be badly matched in terms of experience. This in a purely 1v1 Scenario though, but trained soldiers usually have the advantage of teamwork and formations. So i´d guess Sylas and his helpers ambushed the Demacians which makes it natural for them to do a tactical retreat rather than stand and fight against a unknown number of enemies who have magic users and other things mixed in, especially with giant rocks crashing in wrecking any hope of taking up proper formations and showing off their main skills. So all in all nothing is notably wrong neither lore wise nor common sense wise as far as i can tell^^
Shenpåı (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gOEPGij9,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2020-01-09T14:28:08.843+0000) > > Galio is so huge that I doubt Sylas can touch him, plus having to get through Garen, Lux and the whole army. I think years of workout allowed Sylas to hit Garen this way as he does punch in game. He is physically fit and strong. Well i think on 1v1 basis sylas still gets fcked by galio alone bc of his size like you said. but if i understood correctly that galio is completely made out of Petricide and what ever Durand put in him to come alive with a high conentration of magic, He could just "nullifie" or rather "Store" this magic and beat the Fck out of Sylas.
Petricite no longer works on Sylas because he understands what it truly does. Galio would be unable to nullify his abilities.
Arakadia (NA)
: I know right? They said they didn't value Swain being a cripple or having ravens in his initial design dev. They obviously don't care about retaining the character, but suddenly they do for Volibear when they have a much more interesting design which is why he was voted in the first place.
Swain still has issues with one of his legs. He wears a metal brace on it.
: > [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:33:16.497+0000) > > Pyke is black. Not only has Riot confirmed it in a thread, he has "traditionally black" facial features (don't flame me, I'm black). What "traditionally black" facial features? A mask, sunken eyes, a thick brow and Bald? You can think he's black, i dont really care it's obvious he is just riot copying off Pirates of the Caribbean's ghost pirates archetype so it's perfectly fitting his dead skin color fits the theme.
> [{quoted}](name=Ethereal Flight,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:42:03.801+0000) > > What "traditionally black" facial features? A mask, sunken eyes, a thick brow and Bald? You can think he's black, i dont really care it's obvious he is just riot copying off Pirates of the Caribbean's ghost pirates archetype so it's perfectly fitting his dead skin color fits the theme. The hoops you people will jump through to say a character isn't black. https://images.app.goo.gl/n8H5MMJV2mssCzPLA Pyke is quite obviously black. His stickers depict him as black. His skins are all black. And for the second time, Riot has confirmed that he's black.
Sillae (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:35:12.907+0000) > > I'm black, and torn on the Pyke issue myself, but you're wrong. There is a decent chunk of black cosplayers upset about this. I recently read an article about why it's ok for black cosplayers to cosplay as white/asian characters, which is interesting considering this reaction. Anyway. Blackface is when someone is trying to make fun of the African features, think that racist Mickey Mouse/Bugs Bunny episode. Pitch black skin with large, painted lips. The only cosplay that I'm pretty sure is completely blackface is Mr. Popo from dragon ball cause jesus christ that looks like something from a civil war era propaganda poster. Cosplay is, normally, celebrating an individual character. Blackface is dehumanizing a group of people based on their skin tone. But kneejerk reactions don't care for logic. Bambi Lashes, a white person, cosplayed as a VERY asian character (East Witch) and got full endorsements.
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-10-11T00:43:20.221+0000) > > I recently read an article about why it's ok for black cosplayers to cosplay as white/asian characters, which is interesting considering this reaction. > > Anyway. Blackface is when someone is trying to make fun of the African features, think that racist Mickey Mouse/Bugs Bunny episode. Pitch black skin with large, painted lips. > > The only cosplay that I'm pretty sure is completely blackface is Mr. Popo from dragon ball cause jesus christ that looks like something from a civil war era propaganda poster. > > Cosplay is, normally, celebrating an individual character. Blackface is dehumanizing a group of people based on their skin tone. > > But kneejerk reactions don't care for logic. Bambi Lashes, a white person, cosplayed as a VERY asian character (East Witch) and got full endorsements. The quickest way to get me to disregard anything you say is to bring up "black people cosplay non-black characters all the time." That's not the issue. There is no problem with ANYBODY cosplaying characters of different races. The problem is race-facing. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} And the question is can the girl's cosplay be considered race-facing.
: > [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:35:12.907+0000) > > I'm black, and torn on the Pyke issue myself, but you're wrong. There is a decent chunk of black cosplayers upset about this. I'm not sure if this is a "stay in your own lane" argument because if that's the case then are black cosplayers no longer allowed to cosplay as white characters?
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=000400000004,timestamp=2019-10-11T08:51:26.113+0000) > > I'm not sure if this is a "stay in your own lane" argument because if that's the case then are black cosplayers no longer allowed to cosplay as white characters? I'm not sure if the french girl's cosplay is blackface or not, but cut the false equivalence bullshit. No one is saying that it's wrong to cosplay characters of other races. The problem is blackfacing or race-facing in general.
: Rich white privileged people getting offended on the behalf of others. Imagine getting triggered over a cosplay L M A O
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:57:18.711+0000) > > Rich white privileged people getting offended on the behalf of others. Imagine getting triggered over a cosplay L M A O I'm black, and torn on the Pyke issue myself, but you're wrong. There is a decent chunk of black cosplayers upset about this.
: > [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:57:08.914+0000) > > Pyke's splashart is green but if you zoom into his model in-game, LoL or TFT, you'll come to find that he actually has dark skin. > > Although dark skin doesn't inherently mean racist towards blacks or that of African descent, there are other dark skinned/black skinned people out there besides just African. Indians and Pacific Islanders just to name a couple. Ever think for a second that his 'dark skin' is because he's associated with the sickly dead and not race? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ethereal Flight,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:10:58.272+0000) > > Ever think for a second that his 'dark skin' is because he's associated with the sickly dead and not race? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Pyke is black. Not only has Riot confirmed it in a thread, he has "traditionally black" facial features (don't flame me, I'm black).
: > [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-09-12T02:23:51.177+0000) > > Demacia's darkness is what created Sylas. This is all their fault. In HIS case, yes. Although he could choose at this point to be better. But what about everyone else? The fact is there WILL be criminals and psychos. And if they have magical nukes in their hands... Demacia did all of this in the wake of a massive war right? It's understandable, but they didn't bring it back. They didn't have compassion for the mages. They should be Regulated, yes, imprisoned, not without cause. But regardless, racism and distrust would be rampant.
He could choose to be better? After being chained alone in the dark and eating mostly rats for 15 years he could just "choose to be better"? This dude's mind is twisted by hatred, vengeance, and loneliness and he's most likely batshit by this point. If Noxus and Ionia can build societies after the Rune Wars accepting of and even centered around mages, Demacia can too. Hell, Demacia was in part founded by and then protected by magical beings for what was probably centuries. Yet Demacia feels the need to indiscriminately imprison and murder mages for the sole reason of being born one. Except, of course, when they are rich and powerful.
: Join Us Oct. 15th to Celebrate 10 Years of League
: Jarvan is acting exactly how the masses react to shootings, Take away the weapons. But in this case the weapons are the people. And frankly Sylas proved him right. Mages are dangerous. They need to be regulated some way. Just like a gun.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-12T00:37:53.497+0000) > > Jarvan is acting exactly how the masses react to shootings, Take away the weapons. But in this case the weapons are the people. And frankly Sylas proved him right. Mages are dangerous. They need to be regulated some way. Just like a gun. Demacia's darkness is what created Sylas. This is all their fault.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: At least the Jarvan X Shyvana is canon now. Although I'm guessing Jarvan will go back to his senses, he'd eventually get back to reason because it would be awkward to kill magical beings while his freaken girlfriend is a magical being too. Anyway, what surprised me more is when Garen discovered that Lux is a mage...and...he just embraced her. For years I've thought he'd disown her or something.
> [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-11T23:22:10.374+0000) > > At least the Jarvan X Shyvana is canon now. > > Although I'm guessing Jarvan will go back to his senses, he'd eventually get back to reason because it would be awkward to kill magical beings while his freaken girlfriend is a magical being too. > > Anyway, what surprised me more is when Garen discovered that Lux is a mage...and...he just embraced her. For years I've thought he'd disown her or something. His stories implied he'd kill her. I'm surprised too.
: well, they DID kill his dad and many innocents just now. the truth is that with Demacia's culture, it would be a HORRIBLE idea not to crackdown on mages when something like the rebellion happened. could you imagine the uproar? J4 is not being a bigot, he is reacting both like a human being and as someone trying to keep the country stable (the comic even makes it a point its Sylas' fault this is happening)
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-11T19:37:01.416+0000) > > well, they DID kill his dad and many innocents just now. > > the truth is that with Demacia's culture, it would be a HORRIBLE idea not to crackdown on mages when something like the rebellion happened. could you imagine the uproar? > > J4 is not being a bigot, he is reacting both like a human being and as someone trying to keep the country stable (the comic even makes it a point its Sylas' fault this is happening) Sylas and his gang didn't kill J3. He was dead before they arrived.
: fiora is LGBT. vayne or quinn is perfect for her.
> fiora is LGBT. vayne or quinn is perfect for her. Vayne is a god-damned psycho. It wouldn't work out.
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dVWfpJRE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-03T22:03:23.497+0000) > > Trundle does NOT need more mechanics that results in him being 85% pickban/75%wr in proplay Nobody here is proplay and nobody cares about that shit.
> Nobody here is proplay and nobody cares about that shit. Yes...we DO care about that shit. If something is OP in proplay, there's a good chance Riot will gut it, negatively affecting SoloQ. Look at Akali, Kallista, and Ryze.{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: Saved Login Credentials Coming Soon
"This change also frees up the art and music teams to put more time into other exciting projects." Hey Riot...wtf? No more music or animated splashes? Those are some of the best parts of the game. This is a mistake.
: I mean no disrespect here to anyone, but my thought is this; Pandering to SJW's even a little bit is like opening Pandora's Box. You cave one time and it's over for your company/business because they will demonize you with mob justice and call you the worst things imaginable to shut you up and keep you from defending yourself or even explaining yourself. Bear in mind, I'm talking about the #hashtag activists, the people that make EVERYTHING about gender, race, or sexual orientation, and force their way into all sorts of cultures just so they can gut them and replace the people with other SJW's to make more echo chambers, and use those positions to silence anyone who has differing views from theirs. "Straight white male right wingers" do it too, I'm not disputing that for one second. [removed by moderation] Worst of all, they make allegations and accusations based on hear say and feelings without respect for things like due process and rights of the accused all while ignoring the slippery slope they are on because all that mob justice they dish out on others can be used against them in turn. It's anarchy, accelerationist, and it's just plain not progressive in any sense of the word. Riot could be innocent and being targeting so these people can gain something, Riot might be guilty full stop. That's up to the justice system to decide, and it's why it exists. SJW's think they can circumvent the systems of checks and balances that protect EVERYONE'S individual rights from actual tyranny, including people like themselves. You can make accusations, you can call out bad behavior, you can fight for justice, but you better fucking have some evidence or damn good probably cause to do so. You better respect EVERYONE'S rights, even the accused, or you're no fucking better! SJW mob justice and #hashtag activism also hurts the actual victims because now their word is seen as just as cooky as the extremists. TL;DR: SJW's don't allow due process and it shits it up for everyone in the long run. I completely understand wanting to make the world a better place, but they refuse to acknowledge their own bias and hypocrisy in their use of mob justice over actual justice.
> Riot could be innocent and being targeting so these people can gain something, Riot might be guilty full stop. That's up to the justice system to decide, and it's why it exists. SJW's think they can circumvent the systems of checks and balances that protect EVERYONE'S individual rights from actual tyranny, including people like themselves. > > You can make accusations, you can call out bad behavior, you can fight for justice, but you better fucking have some evidence or damn good probably cause to do so. You better respect EVERYONE'S rights, even the accused, or you're no fucking better! SJW mob justice and #hashtag activism also hurts the actual victims because now their word is seen as just as cooky as the extremists. > > TL;DR: SJW's don't allow due process and it shits it up for everyone in the long run. I completely understand wanting to make the world a better place, but they refuse to acknowledge their own bias and hypocrisy in their use of mob justice over actual justice. Do you hear yourself right now? Riot is literally trying to prevent them from taking legal action. THEY ARE LITERALLY TRYING TO CIRCUMVENT CHECKS AND BALANCES. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: I think the K/da login was released directly to live and the oddsey one.
Yeah, but we already got the music for the K/DA login screen with the video.
: What would you do if u were in solitary for 15years? Doing nothing, working out is a good way to keep ur mental health and physique.
He was chained and starving though. Not enough movement to workout, not much protein to bodybuild with. And no way to take care of that hair.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-09T07:11:49.261+0000) > > > chained in a dungeon for 15 years > > never stop looking like a supermodel ready for a photo shoot > > people who complained about Kai'Sa coming out of the Void in a similar fashion nowhere to be found I complained but not for the reason of oversexualization. I complained because it completely contradicts the portrayal of the void that we've had for the past 10 years. Also Kai'Sa is just a shit character.
Doesn't Sylas'appearance also contradict the portrayal of a rat-eating prisoner who's been locked in a dungeon for the past 15 years that we've had in our heads since forever? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: > chained in a dungeon for 15 years > never stop looking like a supermodel ready for a photo shoot > people who complained about Kai'Sa coming out of the Void in a similar fashion nowhere to be found
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-09T07:11:49.261+0000) > > > chained in a dungeon for 15 years > > never stop looking like a supermodel ready for a photo shoot > > people who complained about Kai'Sa coming out of the Void in a similar fashion nowhere to be found Don't forget that he was starving and had to eat rats to survive. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: For Riot Gameplay team: Lux needs a rework her damage is 'too much' for a support(also ahri, lulu)
Is this a joke, or are you for real? None of the champions you mentioned are even primarily supports.{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: > [{quoted}](name=HalfTangible,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wbGUJJ3B,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-27T16:52:32.039+0000) > > Darkin are not demons. Which is odd. And let me tell you why. First up.... Is {{champion:8}} a Vampire? No. He is a 'Hemomancer', a blood mage. Uses blood magic. Now, his ART very CLEARLY draws on Vampric themes. And there are skins like Nosferatu Vlad and Blood Lord Vlad that enable you to fully embrace that sort of player fantasy. But the character himself is not a Vampire. Do Vampires exist in Runeterra? Considering Liches do, I wouldn't be suprised but there is a distinction. One is an undead creature , another is a mage. So..... Is {{champion:266}} a demon? He very clearly draws heavily on the traditional imagery. It pretty obvious. It just strikes me as odd to use such strong imagery...and then say "But it's not a demon". That would be like very clearly designing a creature that looks like a stock dragon in all but the name and saying "Oh, this isn't a dragon. These are Snogard. But dragons do exist and are nothing like that." And then have the "actual" dragons of your setting be totally different. If he is not a demon, then WHAT is it that defines a demon as distinct from any other magical creature? What distinguishes demons from Darkin? And just what are the Darkin _really_? I mean for example.... Noseratu Vlad and Blood Lord Vlad ARE Vampires -but ONLY in those skins. Skins are a different incarnation of a character. So take a skin like Demon Vi. In that SKIN -Vi is a Demon. But wait. That traditional horned, western demon imagery. Aatrox draws on the same imagery. But why? I sort of wonder if perhaps the armies that were decimated by Aatrox never forgot that imagery, and if any of those cultures called the creature "demon". I mean really, **what** **else ** would you call something like Aatrox if you had _never_ seen it before? Demon/Devil might be applied by hapless commoners, or mercenaries to a whole lot of things that mankind does not actually understand. And then considering the fact that the known 'true demons' have such varied forms, why would anyone who actually managed to survive an encounter with Aatrox or Rhaast not use the term? It's easy invective to slap on any wrongbad Evul thing of doom. When someone in Runeterra says "demon"....just what does that mean? How is it defined? What's the most stereotypical image that pops into someones head? Now mind you, the imagery the people of Valoran come up with could be different from people of Earth. But I wanna know what it is. Devil's advocate: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurMonstersAreDifferent I kinda hope there is a plot twist. And Darkin are '_Devils_'. :p Kayn's release did reveal some things about Darkin in that we got to see a human in transition and you could suppose the same happened with Aatrox. I don't know how much was planned in advance, considering it was 4 years before the next one came out. I'm kinda hoping it won't be 12 years before they are ALL out -the 5 Darkin that remain. {{champion:110}} is implied from interactions with Rhaast that he could be a Darkin in transition as well, and perhaps due for a lore update. P.S. {{champion:10}} {{champion:25}} . Can't wait for those lore updates. This is gonna be interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=Dreamspitter,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wbGUJJ3B,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-09-27T18:10:12.035+0000) > > Which is odd. And let me tell you why. > > First up.... > > Is {{champion:8}} a Vampire? No. > > He is a 'Hemomancer', a blood mage. Uses blood magic. Now, his ART very CLEARLY draws on Vampric themes. And there are skins like Nosferatu Vlad and Blood Lord Vlad that enable you to fully embrace that sort of player fantasy. But the character himself is not a Vampire. Do Vampires exist in Runeterra? Considering Liches do, I wouldn't be suprised but there is a distinction. One is an undead creature , another is a mage. > > So..... > > Is {{champion:266}} a demon? > > He very clearly draws heavily on the traditional imagery. It pretty obvious. It just strikes me as odd to use such strong imagery...and then say "But it's not a demon". That would be like very clearly designing a creature that looks like a stock dragon in all but the name and saying "Oh, this isn't a dragon. These are Snogard. But dragons do exist and are nothing like that." And then have the "actual" dragons of your setting be totally different. If he is not a demon, then WHAT is it that defines a demon as distinct from any other magical creature? What distinguishes demons from Darkin? And just what are the Darkin _really_? > > > I mean for example.... Noseratu Vlad and Blood Lord Vlad ARE Vampires -but ONLY in those skins. Skins are a different incarnation of a character. So take a skin like Demon Vi. In that SKIN -Vi is a Demon. But wait. That traditional horned, western demon imagery. Aatrox draws on the same imagery. But why? I sort of wonder if perhaps the armies that were decimated by Aatrox never forgot that imagery, and if any of those cultures called the creature "demon". I mean really, **what** **else ** would you call something like Aatrox if you had _never_ seen it before? Demon/Devil might be applied by hapless commoners, or mercenaries to a whole lot of things that mankind does not actually understand. And then considering the fact that the known 'true demons' have such varied forms, why would anyone who actually managed to survive an encounter with Aatrox or Rhaast not use the term? It's easy invective to slap on any wrongbad Evul thing of doom. > > When someone in Runeterra says "demon"....just what does that mean? How is it defined? What's the most stereotypical image that pops into someones head? Now mind you, the imagery the people of Valoran come up with could be different from people of Earth. But I wanna know what it is. > > Devil's advocate: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurMonstersAreDifferent > > I kinda hope there is a plot twist. And Darkin are '_Devils_'. :p > > Kayn's release did reveal some things about Darkin in that we got to see a human in transition and you could suppose the same happened with Aatrox. I don't know how much was planned in advance, considering it was 4 years before the next one came out. I'm kinda hoping it won't be 12 years before they are ALL out -the 5 Darkin that remain. {{champion:110}} is implied from interactions with Rhaast that he could be a Darkin in transition as well, and perhaps due for a lore update. > > P.S. {{champion:10}} {{champion:25}} . Can't wait for those lore updates. This is gonna be interesting. Darkin is a title. They are ascended Shurimans, corrupted by their own hubris, lust for battle, and the dark magics they dabbled in. I believe that most were killed by one another, with the remaining being bound to their weapons. This further corrupted Aatrox, who wants to destroy the entire world in order to kill himself.
: What Are Demons?
Darkin are not demons. They are Ascended Shurimans corrupted by their own hubris, lust for battle, and the dark magics they dabbled in. They were called Darkin before being bound to their weapons, which further corrupted Aatrox, who in his grief and rage, wants to destroy the entire world in order to kill himself.
Rioter Comments
: Riot did the right thing and so did Klein. Every single piece of shit asking for him to be fired for defending women and the panel they held, or because he called a bunch of entitled sexists babies, which is absolutely accurate, needs to shut up
> [{quoted}](name=EROTIC RAID BOSS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QhjEhxsR,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:39:39.102+0000) > > Riot did the right thing and so did Klein. > > Every single piece of shit asking for him to be fired for defending women and the panel they held, or because he called a bunch of entitled sexists babies, which is absolutely accurate, needs to shut up Fuck off and sea lion somewhere else.
: Gamergate was a positive force in the gaming movement, trying to expose shit like this. it might be dead now, but its spirit lives on.
> [{quoted}](name=Clockwork Mouse,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s9j4j598,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-02T21:49:54.017+0000) > > Gamergate was a positive force in the gaming movement, trying to expose shit like this. it might be dead now, but its spirit lives on. Gamergate was full of assholes. Maybe the idea behind it had merit, but many of the people who made up the movement were honestly exactly what people claimed they are.
Rioter Comments
: This is just wrong lol. Sorry. These types of buffs HIGHLY depend on the champion. If they would buff say {{champion:421}} ultimate in the same way, it wouldn't have as big of an affect since he is NOT ULT DEPENDENT. He can do stuff without it. However, with {{champion:107}} it's a different story. He is basically a sitting duck without his ultimate or bushes nearby. Trying to gank in any other way just works against potatoes. But even then his ult basically guarantees a kill, while him running to lane does basically nothing since he no longer can stack ferocity before a gank (good thing).
> he is NOT ULT DEPENDENT. He can do stuff without it. She. Rek'sai is a she.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: So... being new to a champ means you're braindead now?
Try not to worry too much, we were all at this point once. Most of us anyway. Your team comp was bad though. I can't see Shyv mid working very well, and I know for a fact that Akali jg doesn't work AT ALL. I do have some pointers for you though. 1. If you have toxic teamates, mute them. I know from experience that if you get tilted enough, you'll play much worse. 2. Try to watch/read champion guides before trying a new champ. Noxro does some really good guides on YouTube. 3. Try to start with easier champs. Draven is rather difficult to use properly, especially his Q. If you start small and work your way up, you'll have a better time. Tristana is a good first marksman.
: Patch 8.9 notes
I can't figure out how to change my profile splash. Can someone help me?
: Right Because level one permanent stealth was an extremely fun, healthy, and balanced mechanic. Not. Which also made her entire kit practically impossible to balance properly without making her basically useless or broken(+frustrating as hell). On top of that, remember *tank* Eve when her base damages were too high? Not fun at all. Honestly, her W is a good ability. People keep making the mistake of feeling like they absolutely have to land the charm, which is not the case, it can still be used as a quick, and quite crippling slow. Also, if ye keep trynna land charm with your E, you deserve all hell that comes for you. No more tank Eve. The greatest blessing of the rework is how tank Eve quite literally can't exist anymore because Eve's bases are absurdly low now, that she'd actually be useless if she built real tacky like she used to be able to. And her ult shouldn't be used as *just* an escape, it's an execute, and in some cases also a gap closer if the opportunity arises. Her rework was a hit, and fixed most of the problems old Eve had, and made her a much healthier(and easier to balance) champion. The only disappointing thing out of the rework is how they killed AD/hybrid Eve, though it's a small trade off for what she has now.
> [{quoted}](name=Derpyon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3c1R3sR8,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-04-24T12:57:45.546+0000) > > Right > > Because level one permanent stealth was an extremely fun, healthy, and balanced mechanic. Not. Which also made her entire kit practically impossible to balance properly without making her basically useless or broken(+frustrating as hell). On top of that, remember *tank* Eve when her base damages were too high? Not fun at all. > > Honestly, her W is a good ability. People keep making the mistake of feeling like they absolutely have to land the charm, which is not the case, it can still be used as a quick, and quite crippling slow. Also, if ye keep trynna land charm with your E, you deserve all hell that comes for you. > > No more tank Eve. The greatest blessing of the rework is how tank Eve quite literally can't exist anymore because Eve's bases are absurdly low now, that she'd actually be useless if she built real tacky like she used to be able to. > > And her ult shouldn't be used as *just* an escape, it's an execute, and in some cases also a gap closer if the opportunity arises. > > Her rework was a hit, and fixed most of the problems old Eve had, and made her a much healthier(and easier to balance) champion. The only disappointing thing out of the rework is how they killed AD/hybrid Eve, though it's a small trade off for what she has now. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
: I never got the "She wears make-up"-argument. Every female champion in LoL disregarding their profession wears make-up. It doesn't fit Ilaoi or Xayah either. They went with beauty in a monster-suit and i think that's actually quite cool. It's just badly executed. The suit doesn't look monstrous enough, not alive enough. The whole unhinging beauty theme isn't conveyed properly.
> [{quoted}](name=Ben O Nights,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAPe71V5,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-04-12T18:31:43.908+0000) > > I never got the "She wears make-up"-argument. Every female champion in LoL disregarding their profession wears make-up. > It doesn't fit Ilaoi or Xayah either. > They went with beauty in a monster-suit and i think that's actually quite cool. It's just badly executed. > The suit doesn't look monstrous enough, not alive enough. > The whole unhinging beauty theme isn't conveyed properly. That's my main issue with her design as well. Her suit doesn't feel all that much like a living creature.
: Kaisa's lore states that she never actually went to the void but rather lived near a void portal . I guess that kinda explain her normal-ish apperance compared to {{champion:90}} and {{champion:38}} but not why she's attractive.
Kassadin wasn't corrupted by the Void in his updated lore. The magic and alchemy he used on himself, as well as the Nether Blade of Horok, are what changed him. As for Malzahar, he was pretty much chosen by the Void to be it's prophet.
: I'm just saying the problem was Riot releasing that post. If they hadn't, the character would have still made sense but that post has made everyone freak out in both directions.
Regarding the lack of damage on Kai'sa's second skin, none of the voidborn, who all presumably battle and kill each other all day, every day in the Void, have scarring. Rek'sai, Cho'gath, Kha'zix, Kog'maw, and Nashor (I personally think he should be renamed Na'shor, to match the naming theme of the Void) lack battle scars.
: I just can't find these 'SJW' posts Riot is suposed to be apologizing for. I even tried Tumblr, the SJW Mothership, and here's what it gave me back... http://tinypic.com/r/1zvah75/9 {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
> [{quoted}](name=NekoniClaws,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EAPe71V5,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-04-12T10:26:12.299+0000) > > I just can't find these 'SJW' posts Riot is suposed to be apologizing for. > > I even tried Tumblr, the SJW Mothership, and here's what it gave me back... > > http://tinypic.com/r/1zvah75/9 > > {{sticker:sg-kiko}} Here you go. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/04/ask-riot-kaisas-v-neck-suit/
: "Riot seems to be letting themselves off a little lightly." People watering it down just to "wow SJWs taking away my fap material" is silly, and it's shortsighted on Riot's part to believe that the only reason people don't think Kai'sa's design makes sense is because people think titties are evil.
"...it's shortsighted on Riot's part to believe that the only reason people don't think Kai'sa's design makes sense is because people think titties are evil." Riot didn't make this assumption. This is what the person who set the Kai'sa controversy off believes. They seemed to have felt that Riot should not have cleavage on female champs (mentioning Cait and MF as well) unless they are seductresses in their lore. People are understandably upset, seeing as to how Riot seems willing to change designs in the future to suit this random anon's tastes. Behold, the article that started it all: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/04/ask-riot-kaisas-v-neck-suit/
: Here's TB Skyen's TL;DR literally in the description of the video: "Kai'sa's cleavage isn't the problem, the problem is her design fundamentally doesn't match the character concept Riot says she's supposed to embody. Giving her a design that matches her living conditions and emphasizing the suit as a tool rather than an intimately connected corruptive force would help solve the design problem of showing sufficient human control a lot better than 'let's just show skin.' **We're going to have to do this one more time because Riot... seem to be letting themselves off a little lightly.** Kai'sa's design is a missed opportunity (as I have ranted extensively about before) and **'oh no she has some cleavage' isn't even CLOSE to being the real problem with her.** " I'm sure some people are summing up their problems with her design with "her tits are out." I am not one of those people, and people who **actually care about character design, not some moral based preaching**, will agree that her having cleavage is not even close to the problem with her design.
I think you're missing my point lol. Kai'sa does have design issues. I'm not saying she doesn't. But the reason that so many people are talking about "SJWs" and "feminazis" right now is because of Riot's last "Ask Riot" Q&A, in which Kai'sa's v-neck was addressed as the main issue with her design, since it made her "oversexualized". Riot all but apologized and said they'd do better in the future, not particularly with designs, but with exposed skin on female champs.
: Nidalee has way more cosmetics and hair-care. She lives in a vicious jungle. She also has no scars, also despite living in a jungle. Complain about these same things regarding her as well if you will. Its really not unique to Kai-sa and I'm surprised about how much turmoil it causes some people.
Not only female champs either. Many of the champs, especially melee ones, should have a lotta scars. Trynd, Darius, Garen, these guys fight on the front lines, and they have few, if ANY scars. I'm not complaining though.
: To everyone whining about feminazis and SJWs regarding Kai'sa...
You're wrong, my dude (or dudette). People are mad because cleavage and "oversexualization" was the "problem" that was addressed in Riot's last "Ask Riot".
: She really isn't, though. I hadn't even really noticed the cleavage until this whole shitstorm began. Maybe I'm just that desensitized, but it seems pretty tame to me.
It is pretty tame. Her boobs are barely visible.
: It doesn't play every time. I think I've read somewhere that it's about a 33% chance, but I could be wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=YQrWWEda,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-10T18:10:03.269+0000) > > It doesn't play every time. I think I've read somewhere that it's about a 33% chance, but I could be wrong. It used to play every time for me. All I had to do is move as soon as the barrier drops at the beginning of the match.
Show more

EliFrost

Level 218 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion