Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Nekorus (NA)
: lmao i remember abusing that to get me from bronze to silver..good days. but now im hardstuck plat and btw that invis on bush was super broken my dude. you just roamed when invisible and no one can spot you. theres not much counterplay to a khazix coming out of nowhere and u cant even detect him from afar so you dont know hes coming. they should make a indicator like rengar r but your screen becomes purple when khazix is around so you can at least try to outplay.
Right!? lol, especially with {{item:3147}}
: The Good Old Days
You understand that something like this would require that Riot would need to dedicate server space to EVERY PATCH THEY HAVE EVER RELEASED. And they would only be able to connect the handful of players that have the specific patch loaded in their client.. Meaning Riot would also need to make previous patches available for download on demand. The odds of having even 10 players with the same patch loaded and in queue, are pretty slim.
VasDesav (EUNE)
: Please remove emotes
bit of a stretch, .. Learn to control your own emotions. If you let something as small as this bother you, you're going to have a lot of trouble in your life.
Ãric (NA)
: [GAMEPLAY] Morde's Ult Doesn't Bring Illaoi's Tentacles To Shadow Realm
: False ban will never accept it
Couldn't imagine this person is toxic in game. Shocking lol
yıff (NA)
: STOP banning and picking draven
STOP trying to tell people who to pick and ban because you main that champion. Nobody owes you anything. People are allowed to pick and ban whoever they want, and for virtually any reason they want.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=TheUrbanKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ufi3kpjU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-10T00:09:54.515+0000) > > It's 100% fine to be a for fun player. There's nothing wrong with casually enjoying League and not caring about rank. > But you can't simultaneously say, 'my rank isn't an accurate representation of my skills, if I cared to actually learn to play a few champions well and tried to win I could DEFINITELY climb' > I'm sure you could climb. > But you're not trying to do that, and not trying to work for it, so yes, your rank is a pretty accurate representation of your skills. > > That's like saying, 'Well, if I put in 100's of hours of practice I COULD be an amazing artist, but I don't feel like it. But I have the potential to, so I feel my current artwork isn't an accurate representation of my skills.' That isn't an accurate comparison at all. I'm just saying that I don't care to prove to anyone, including myself. It doesn't really matter. I'm not a content creator, nor do I ever intend to "go pro" .. it's just fun. It's more like saying, I play basketball with my younger cousin. I intentionally miss a few shots here and there in order to keep the game somewhat even because we are both competitive and I like to motivate him. Play to my full skill he will get discouraged and not want to play anymore. That is bad for both of us. The fact that I am not playing to the best of my ability doesn't mean I'm not benefiting from playing, physically, in skill, and my overall enjoyment. I don't play in basketball tournaments because I don't care to. It's not about that for me. So the fact that I've never placed in a tournament doesn't mean I'm not any good.
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ufi3kpjU,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-10T04:07:14.350+0000) > > That isn't an accurate comparison at all. I'm just saying that I don't care to prove to anyone, including myself. It doesn't really matter. I'm not a content creator, nor do I ever intend to "go pro" .. it's just fun. > > It's more like saying, I play basketball with my younger cousin. I intentionally miss a few shots here and there in order to keep the game somewhat even because we are both competitive and I like to motivate him. Play to my full skill he will get discouraged and not want to play anymore. That is bad for both of us. The fact that I am not playing to the best of my ability doesn't mean I'm not benefiting from playing, physically, in skill, and my overall enjoyment. I don't play in basketball tournaments because I don't care to. It's not about that for me. So the fact that I've never placed in a tournament doesn't mean I'm not any good. Rereading this today, I realize that it may sound as though I'm suggesting that I am holding back when playing League of Legends because "if I used my full skill, I would cause other players to stop playing or it would simply be no fun anymore." That was definitely not my intention. I was using the example of playing basketball with my cousin because it is a competitive sport that I also play recreationally. In this comparison, if you were to try and use my performance against an 11 year old as an indication how I might play against someone my own age, it simply wouldn't be accurate. So for League of Legends, I enjoy playing all different roles and champions. If I was honestly trying to gain rank and show off my skill, I wouldn't do that. I would pick a role and a handful of champions and master those. By doing what I am, I am still accumulating skills and knowledge, but it is not focused on a specific role or into a specific set of champions. So despite having decent macro knowledge and an overall understanding of the game, my performance from a given match, in a role I don't main, on a champion I don't play often, wouldn't show this as well as it would if I had been maining that role / champion competitively.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Yasuo "who are you are?"
.................. They're nothing alike.....
: It's 100% fine to be a for fun player. There's nothing wrong with casually enjoying League and not caring about rank. But you can't simultaneously say, 'my rank isn't an accurate representation of my skills, if I cared to actually learn to play a few champions well and tried to win I could DEFINITELY climb' I'm sure you could climb. But you're not trying to do that, and not trying to work for it, so yes, your rank is a pretty accurate representation of your skills. That's like saying, 'Well, if I put in 100's of hours of practice I COULD be an amazing artist, but I don't feel like it. But I have the potential to, so I feel my current artwork isn't an accurate representation of my skills.'
> [{quoted}](name=TheUrbanKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ufi3kpjU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-10T00:09:54.515+0000) > > It's 100% fine to be a for fun player. There's nothing wrong with casually enjoying League and not caring about rank. > But you can't simultaneously say, 'my rank isn't an accurate representation of my skills, if I cared to actually learn to play a few champions well and tried to win I could DEFINITELY climb' > I'm sure you could climb. > But you're not trying to do that, and not trying to work for it, so yes, your rank is a pretty accurate representation of your skills. > > That's like saying, 'Well, if I put in 100's of hours of practice I COULD be an amazing artist, but I don't feel like it. But I have the potential to, so I feel my current artwork isn't an accurate representation of my skills.' That isn't an accurate comparison at all. I'm just saying that I don't care to prove to anyone, including myself. It doesn't really matter. I'm not a content creator, nor do I ever intend to "go pro" .. it's just fun. It's more like saying, I play basketball with my younger cousin. I intentionally miss a few shots here and there in order to keep the game somewhat even because we are both competitive and I like to motivate him. Play to my full skill he will get discouraged and not want to play anymore. That is bad for both of us. The fact that I am not playing to the best of my ability doesn't mean I'm not benefiting from playing, physically, in skill, and my overall enjoyment. I don't play in basketball tournaments because I don't care to. It's not about that for me. So the fact that I've never placed in a tournament doesn't mean I'm not any good.
: As a OTP I have a problem and need a second opinion
Mute people that flame you. It isn't going to help you play any better, and it is likely to make you play worse. The only way to gain mastery points is to play that champion. Eventually you'll get better and they'll not flame you for it.
Juxin (NA)
: > I mostly play for fun and ranked does not bother be that much Are you saying you play ranked for fun and don't really care about losing?
> [{quoted}](name=Juxin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ufi3kpjU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-09T20:47:39.090+0000) > > Are you saying you play ranked for fun and don't really care about losing? They're saying that their rank doesn't matter to them. I'm the same way. I have placed silver two seasons in the past and I really don't care what my rank is. I MAY place this year, just to see where I fall with the new tiers. Doesn't mean I don't care about winning / losing, but I don't see rank as an accurate representation of my skills at the game. Unlike the OP, I am not a OTP. I own all champions, and play almost all of them frequently. If I actually narrowed my champion pool down enough to "main" anyone, I am confident I would climb quite easily, but I don't care to.
: > [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4UnIsEB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-09T01:48:31.000+0000) > > PTA on MF doesn't make any sense to me because it is literally has anti-synergy with her passive. > > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Because she's an adc with an ability that applies onhit on a low cd and an AS steroid. During a fight, MF's passive is basically just a first hit deals more at this point because an adc wants to focus damage on one target and kill them before moving on.
Doesn't double-up drop the PTA mark though? I rarely play MF PTA is probably my least used keystone
: Can someone explain to me why...
PTA on MF doesn't make any sense to me because it is literally has anti-synergy with her passive. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
He4rtkiller (EUNE)
: GA on Nidalee and Shyvana
I'm trying to recall, .. what is the case for Elise and Gnar? Swain's transformation is temporary so I wouldn't expect him to return in "bird form"
: i just got demoted because i had 2 literal trolls on my team.
: Can Ornn's searing charge destroy Yasuo's windwall?
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nQK2GiZQ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-08T16:17:42.649+0000) > Don't get me wrong, I kinda wish they would bring Galio's Flash W back too, but I can understand the logic behind removing it. There isnt logic they just are balancing for lcs, Galio is slowed when charging his W, whereas Pyke has huge movement speed.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nQK2GiZQ,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-08T18:39:48.403+0000) > > There isnt logic I disagree > they just are balancing for lcs And apparently so do you. Balancing for LCS = logic {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Both Pyke and Camille are AoE
Thanks, I didn't notice and comment about this 30 minutes ago. ..
: > [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nQK2GiZQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-08T15:59:23.076+0000) > > Single target vs AOE pykes aoe but if you take his flash stun out of his kit, hes gutted as a support too.
Ah, for some reason I was thinking about Pyke's Q instead of his E. Yeah, it is AOE, but it is also more of a skill shot than Galio's W. It's actually fairly easy to dodge normally (without Flash), and with Flash, it's fairly easy for the player to actually miss the stun by flashing incorrectly. Galio on the other hand, just needs to be close. Don't get me wrong, I kinda wish they would bring Galio's Flash W back too, but I can understand the logic behind removing it.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: If Galio can't flash w
Single target vs AOE
jarron500 (EUW)
: is there a dodge penelty and are you allowed to dodge when team bans your picked character
Sadly, there are people out there that will ban the champion you have hovered just to troll, but it is generally acceptable to ban any champion for whatever reason, even if a teammate has declared the intent to play them. The most rational reason for this is that you may not have pick priority and that will leave the opportunity for the opponent to draft that champion before you are able to, and they would prefer to not face that champion. You're better off just picking a different champion and playing to the best of your ability. Personally, I would still report that player if you genuinely feel they banned your champion to troll you specifically. They may have the right to ban whoever they want, but if they are willing to troll someone in this way, they are very likely to troll in other ways as well. That isn't to say that you should report them, just in case, but they are intentionally creating a negative experience for you.
: The fact people are upvoting this shows how completely ass backwards boards is. Because if this was a "my account was banned" post you would all be telling me "it doesn't matter why you said it, you can't say it" Mindless liberals for real. Keep letting people think for you.
... the fact that you don't understand the difference, doesn't make it unintelligent.
: fucking trash supports
Gets carried = Is good Doesn't get carried = Team is bad
: Context is irrelevant as far as reports go. You didn't know that?
That's not true at all. Context absolutely matters when determining if something said is offensive. Context is never used as justification to say something offensive.
: "You can earn rewards again, stay cool!"
... um, ... what was the quote? I don't see any of Graves quotes that are really offensive unless there are extremely specific circumstances and context. Those are pretty important btw, ..
: I always end up in the 8th place every game
..... You understand how impossible it is for anyone to tell you what you're doing wrong? Tell us what you do, or did. Ask questions.
Barkley (NA)
: Holy.... go outside, man. TL;DR
{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} RIGHT! XD You just can't reason with people like this.
CurS1VE (NA)
: this is the dumbest thing a person can say at this stage of the Game. TFT has been out for like a few months? There literally IS NO META
Lol there was a meta forming before the game hit live servers.
Barkley (NA)
: Meh... yes and no. You should KNOW the meta, so you know your options. But you should never force a comp -just because- its a meta comp. Forcing a comp will nearly always get you killed. Know its there. Know when you can pivot into it -- but don't go into a game like "I'm going void this game!" because you likely won't get it. What might be more beneficial is knowing how to COUNTER the meta.... so that while all these meta sheep are building their void brawlers, you can take it down with ease with something like yordles + glacial or yordles + knights or knights + glacial or whatever.
Maybe I should clarify, .. I was on break at work so my comment was necessarily brief. What I meant was, try to stick to compositions that are shown to be effective, and prioritize transitions that are more commonly effective. Don't try to invent a meta might be a better way of saying it.
Addam (OCE)
: Any tips for climbing in tft?
: What's your favourite Low-Tier/Unpopular Skin?
https://www.mobafire.com/images/champion/skins/portrait/sivir-huntress.jpg Mostly just the splash!. Thickness!
: > [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H5x4KAai,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-05T03:59:11.362+0000) > > Did you have prior chat restrictions and 2week suspensions? Yes i did, but i do not believe this game alone warrants permanent suspension. I wasnt toxic at all and defending a new player, During the game teammates were threatening to report the new player
> [{quoted}](name=We Like Birds,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H5x4KAai,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-05T04:00:37.733+0000) > > Yes i did, but i do not believe this game alone warrants permanent suspension. No, this game ALONE wasn't worth permanent suspension. That is the whole point of the question being asked here. You had prior behavior and this game put you over the edge. You were warned and you didn't change your behavior. > I wasnt toxic at all and defending a new player, During the game teammates were threatening to report the new player You were toxic. There is no need to "defend" the new player. Mute toxic players, tell your trainee to mute them. That is the end of it. Inciting reports is in itself reportable. There is no reason to do anything but ignore them and report at the end of the match.
: Does this Warrant a permanent suspension?
Not by itself, .. but I would probably report you if I saw this in my game, .. and no, it wouldn't matter what the other person / people said. You can't enforce lane swaps, it's up to the person that was drafted the lane. Conceding the match before the game even starts is not only annoying, but is presenting a negative attitude. You're already putting your team on tilt. Then your flame during game is not at all helpful. It appears that you're telling the enemy team that your team is at a disadvantage, which they will likely take advantage of, and it further puts your team on tilt. Even if your teammates are flaming you and your new player, mute them, instruct your trainee to mute them, and play the best you can in the given situation. Spending time fighting with your own teammates is not only hurting your team, but it is not helping the person you're supposedly training. You may be a good player (or not) but I definitely hope that the people you're training aren't picking up on your communication skills.
Dunker (NA)
: That's not what this thread is about. When people say "stacking" they are referring to multiples of the SAME item on a single champion. For example, 3 static shivs on a vayne.
That doesn't change my comment at all. Specializing vs diversifying is also a common tactic in strategy games. This is the same thing.
Teh Song (NA)
: There shouldn't be something with a 100% (or almost 100%) pickrate. [Flash]
Flash is the only summoner spell that functions as a mechanical skill that can make or break a play. You can fail a flash by having your mouse in the wrong position, misjudging the flash range, or using it in the wrong order / combination with your abilities. Everything else is just a matter of if you pushed the button at the correct time.
DrDubb (NA)
: Stop assuming I'm a flamer and have had multiple bad games, It's just not the case. I got in an argument with some jerk 1 game. The system will show you if it's multiple games.
The truth is, it makes no difference what I think. Riot knows your behavior history.
: permabanned
.... why was it important to explain to the other team what your teammate called you?
DrDubb (NA)
: I anticipate an adverse reaction from the community because that's the case 100% of the time, no exception. It's not me vs you, I'm not trying to win or be defeated.
Which brings me back to my question, ... why make the post?
: Who would win in a fight between Cho’gath and Nasus? both are lv1 but they have infinite stacks.
If we restrict them to level 1 base stats, no items, no runes, buffs, .. other than 1 rank in any ability, .. Nasus will only ever have 561 health, regardless of how many stacks he has. Cho will have 574 health + 80 per stack. However, unlike Nasus, Cho does have a hard stack limit of 255 stacks, which means his health will cap out at 20914. Since Cho's ultimate has a considerably longer cooldown, Nasus has the early advantage. After 35 stacks Cho'Gath's ultimate will one-shot Nasus. Beyond this point, it is a matter of Cho's max health out pacing Nasus's stacks., until Nasus reaches more than (I don't want to factor in physical damage vs armor) 20884 stacks where he can one-shot Cho with a single Q. However, as someone else pointed out, Cho's R outranges Nasus's Q so it probably just goes to Cho every time.
DrDubb (NA)
: One MILD (can't even call it bad) game should not throw 8 months of effort down the drain. One person has described it as George Orwell's 1984, both on the threads and in chat. You're constantly afraid to stick up for yourself or to have your own opinion in the game or on the boards when it comes to player behavior. This is the equivalent of getting a 2000 dollar speeding ticket for going 3MPH over... Instead of talking about how UNJUST and disproportionate the punishment is to the crime, people's only response are "Well, you deserve it, you did it!" Not a very intellectual or insightful discussion, nor does it address the real problem.
I have had plenty of "mild" games where I got tilted and said some things in chat that weren't constructive. I'm even positive that the enemies reported me in at least some of those games. .. Hey, I've never received ANY restrictions. Odd huh? Maybe you're under exaggerating the extent of your toxic behavior, or the frequency of your behavior. .. and maybe the problem is that you don't understand how or why some of your behavior is considered toxic. That is the point of your punishment. I questioned the reason for your post because you started it by stating that you anticipated an adverse reaction from the community, despite claiming to believe that somehow your post will inspire some sense of solidarity with others who also feel like the restrictions are overbearing. You're admitting defeat before you even make your claim. It suggests that you already know your behavior was wrong, but you're just upset that you're being punished for it.
DrDubb (NA)
: Another Crazy Ban
Why even make this post if you know how it's going to turn out?
: I am done.
Everyone is so mad at me for waving bye. This person is upset about the game and they decided they are going to leave. That is the correct decision. If you don't like the direction that the game is headed, that is probably the best way to show Riot that you disapprove. When / if they see the number of active players drop they will take into consideration if it is due to their changes. They will either change to bring old players back, or they wont, in which case you will not continue to contribute to a game you aren't satisfied by.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Stark Ravenz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZumQAIwA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-02T10:03:36.190+0000) > > kid u dont even play the game u a low tier silver stfu {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZumQAIwA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T21:23:43.371+0000) > > Yeah, I tend to troll the discussion boards of games that I find mediocre. > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Cool, thanks for sharing! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=Gank bot or lose,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZumQAIwA,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T21:25:15.870+0000) > > Cool, thanks for sharing! > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} likewise {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: > [{quoted}](name=SS5DEJAN,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZumQAIwA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-01T21:17:19.613+0000) > > byee go look for another game with a mediocre game mode. Lol this entire game is mediocre
> [{quoted}](name=Gank bot or lose,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZumQAIwA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-01T21:20:58.591+0000) > > Lol this entire game is mediocre Yeah, I tend to troll the discussion boards of games that I find mediocre. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I am done.
{{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: Remove the law that gives u punishment without being reported afk
If you're in a game, you should be playing the game. The afk timer is VERY GENEROUS and it even gives you a warning. And it does help other players because it is a system that easily detects offenders and quickly punishes them. You're definitely not helping your team by standing in base. ... Don't want to get punished for being afk? ... don't be afk.
Show more

Elite4Runner

Level 143 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion