þeta (NA)
: "Punishment System"
i think youre in the right
: The reason to avoid giving you the logs again would be if there's a chance you don't have a backup copy of the personal information. Banned on multiple accounts for one offense is something that would only happen in an *extreme* situation. I agree with the others, you know why you're banned, you're just probing the system at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=0001000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T08:03:06.911+0000) > > The reason to avoid giving you the logs again would be if there's a chance you don't have a backup copy of the personal information. > > Banned on multiple accounts for one offense is something that would only happen in an *extreme* situation. I agree with the others, you know why you're banned, you're just probing the system at this point. if i was doxxing someone why in the world would i not have a backup copy somewhere... and i guess you can assume i know why im banned but i really dont. guilty until proven innocent i guess. amirite? 0 evidence against me yet im in the wrong yikes!
: Which begs the question "why wouldn't Riot give you the logs of what your said?" To which the only logical answer is "because the logs contain personal information about the other player." Information that Riot doesn't want to redistribute to you/the community.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=00010001000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T05:19:03.423+0000) > > Which begs the question "why wouldn't Riot give you the logs of what your said?" > > To which the only logical answer is "because the logs contain personal information about the other player." Information that Riot doesn't want to redistribute to you/the community. if i was the one who leaked said information they have no reason not to show me chatlogs as i already have access to the information thus i can distribute it manually regardless, no? they have absolutely 0 reason not to show chatlogs, i actually dont know what im banned for lol. 0 insight yikes
Jo0o (NA)
: Honestly, I'm pretty sure you did or said something unusually shitty and are just milking the uniqueness of Riot's response at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-22T11:43:53.581+0000) > > Honestly, I'm pretty sure you did or said something unusually shitty and are just milking the uniqueness of Riot's response at this point. i always disable enter key in game so...
Chermorg (NA)
: The only behavior policed in PMs is illegally activity (like, using league chat to traffic drugs) or severe harassment (ex, continually doxxing, stalking, threatening, etc). It seems the second was the case here.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-09-22T16:07:04.590+0000) > > The only behavior policed in PMs is illegally activity (like, using league chat to traffic drugs) or severe harassment (ex, continually doxxing, stalking, threatening, etc). It seems the second was the case here. ! then there would be chatlogs and no one traffics drugs over league can easily do that over Tor and via crypto xD
Modi (NA)
: Or, just stop being an asshole...
> [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-22T12:19:28.449+0000) > > Or, just stop being an asshole... i never talk in game i always disable enter key sooooo
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I thought the same thing. I found it already fairly interesting in the first thread how genuinely appalled the OP seemed when somebody pointed out Riot is allowed to monitor private messages sent via their systems. Now "never send private messages" makes the list. Really looks like somebody has a fairly good idea why they were banned.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-09-22T08:25:02.911+0000) > > I thought the same thing. I found it already fairly interesting in the first thread how genuinely appalled the OP seemed when somebody pointed out Riot is allowed to monitor private messages sent via their systems. Now "never send private messages" makes the list. > > Really looks like somebody has a fairly good idea why they were banned. i mean if private messaging irl friends without them reporting you warrants a ban then sure
: Given that private messages were not mentioned at all (and that this was a punishment that spanned multiple accounts), I'm going to take a wild guess that you might know of some private messages that would lead to the ban.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-22T08:16:57.786+0000) > > Given that private messages were not mentioned at all (and that this was a punishment that spanned multiple accounts), I'm going to take a wild guess that you might know of some private messages that would lead to the ban. no chatlogs :/ also never heard of pm bans have you?:o
zPOOPz (NA)
: Might as well uninstall the game. Can't get banned if you don't play.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3p5EtmL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-22T07:53:24.397+0000) > > Might as well uninstall the game pre much 0 freedom whatsoever imo
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T02:26:18.198+0000) > > well even if i did say/do something wrong how am i supposed to improve my behavior if i cannot even see what i said/did? genuinely want insight into this matter. This is a case I honestly can't provide insight on. I've never seen one like it, and have no idea the circumstances that would lead to a chat being censored. Sorry.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T02:35:18.832+0000) > > This is a case I honestly can't provide insight on. I've never seen one like it, and have no idea the circumstances that would lead to a chat being censored. Sorry. can you refer someone who has access to the information here? i just feel its unjust that i have no insight whatsoever on what i have done wrong. feels like discrimination a bit :/
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f00000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:58:22.241+0000) > > can you get access to the information? if there was something that needed to be censored they could just censor it and provide chatlogs could they not? I can not, no. Even if I *could*, a Riot decision to exempt the chat logs is NOT something I would override.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T00:30:03.998+0000) > > I can not, no. Even if I *could*, a Riot decision to exempt the chat logs is NOT something I would override. well even if i did say/do something wrong how am i supposed to improve my behavior if i cannot even see what i said/did? genuinely want insight into this matter.
: Won't disclose to me. Could try commenting again saying you give permission to disclose everything behavior related to your account on your board post.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T01:18:52.711+0000) > > Won't disclose to me. Could try commenting again saying you give permission to disclose everything behavior related to your account on your board post. i give permission for riot games to disclose everything behavior related regarding me
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:56:21.300+0000) > > feel free to check my match history You should be more curious about why this is happening than I am. I'm basically on your side here, but I won't do the research for you.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T00:02:28.111+0000) > > You should be more curious about why this is happening than I am. I'm basically on your side here, but I won't do the research for you. no im saying i did nothing of the sort
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f,timestamp=2018-09-21T19:38:29.780+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/8WakIKtA-banned-for-no-reason?show=flat&page=4 > > can i get some insight on this thread regarding my ban? I really can't comment, as I feel that I don't have access to important data. Something in the behavior in your log, however, is probably too problematic to share for some sort of security reasons, if I *had* to guess.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=002f0000,timestamp=2018-09-21T21:40:09.784+0000) > > I really can't comment, as I feel that I don't have access to important data. Something in the behavior in your log, however, is probably too problematic to share for some sort of security reasons, if I *had* to guess. can you get access to the information? if there was something that needed to be censored they could just censor it and provide chatlogs could they not?
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:48:42.929+0000) > > wasnt trolling, Selling your jungler item when you're the jungler is trolling. That item gives you a unique edge to be able to do your role well and your team relies on you doing your role. > was actually testing stormrazors on kayn. Talking about boots and jungler item, stormrazors is not a factor here. > and i dont usually play normals to test builds since im a really good player i just rank hence my absurd winrate on wukong Yeah, I'm not saying this one game would justfify a ban like this, certainly not the customer support's attitude, I'm just saying that _if_ there is a pattern of behavior like this, it might start explaining things.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:55:33.513+0000) > > Selling your jungler item when you're the jungler is trolling. That item gives you a unique edge to be able to do your role well and your team relies on you doing your role. > > Talking about boots and jungler item, stormrazors is not a factor here. > > Yeah, I'm not saying this one game would justfify a ban like this, certainly not the customer support's attitude, I'm just saying that _if_ there is a pattern of behavior like this, it might start explaining things. feel free to check my match history
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elizabeth Olsen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:07:41.191+0000) > > not that im aware of no, their lack on insight on this matter is frightening. their zero tolerance policy is already a horrible system now they throw in bans without even telling you what you said that got you banned? yikes, no wonder league isnt #1 on twitch anymore and people quote on quote claim the game is dying. I mean I just read back and some dude found a game where you sold your jg item for boots... Obviously 1 game of troll building isn't much of a case for a temp ban, but if you did stuff like that with any kind of regularity, then this mystery is a step closer to being solved.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T23:19:57.926+0000) > > I mean I just read back and some dude found a game where you sold your jg item for boots... Obviously 1 game of troll building isn't much of a case for a temp ban, but if you did stuff like that with any kind of regularity, then this mystery is a step closer to being solved. wasnt trolling, was actually testing stormrazors on kayn. and i dont usually play normals to test builds since im a really good player i just rank hence my absurd winrate on wukong
: I'm not going to supply specifics of this player's penalty, but the system was not experiencing any issues.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xAAcRMo4,comment-id=000700040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T20:53:24.003+0000) > > I'm not going to supply specifics of this player's penalty, but the system was not experiencing any issues. I give full permission to supply specifics of my penalty. Would love insight into this matter. :)
zoliking (NA)
: Did you do/say anything Riot might have a problem with that would otherwise be not punishable? Did you int/troll pick/troll build/afk or something and they just mischaracterized the reason for the punishment as toxicity maybe?
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-09-21T22:58:58.438+0000) > > Did you do/say anything Riot might have a problem with that would otherwise be not punishable? Did you int/troll pick/troll build/afk or something and they just mischaracterized the reason for the punishment as toxicity maybe? not that im aware of no, their lack on insight on this matter is frightening. their zero tolerance policy is already a horrible system now they throw in bans without even telling you what you said that got you banned? yikes, no wonder league isnt #1 on twitch anymore and people quote on quote claim the game is dying.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xAAcRMo4,comment-id=0007000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T18:55:54.059+0000) > > You were correctly banned, it was reviewed by multiple Player Support agents. I wouldn't say that you haven't gotten a Rioter response yet.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-09-21T20:00:07.746+0000) > > I wouldn't say that you haven't gotten a Rioter response yet. wheres the proof tho
: Punished? Here's How This Board Can (or Can't) Help.
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/8WakIKtA-banned-for-no-reason?show=flat&page=4 can i get some insight on this thread regarding my ban?
: Banned for no reason
still no rioter response :S
: I think its quite funny that the OP's main argument is that it's unjust because Riot chose not to provide chat logs. What it all boils down to is the simple known fact that, Riot has no literal reason in any situation ever, to Ban someone, simply because they want to. They are a business plain and simple, and we are the customer, we log in and we spend money on the game. That's how Riot continues to exist. There has/have been, in the extremely rarest situations, mistaken bans that have been reversed. But I highly doubt that that is what is going on here. Most people only get banned for months of continuous reports of toxic behavior in game, and its even rarer for people to get banned before having already been chat restricted in a prior offense. I would imagine that this user has engaged in some form of Rule breaking, regardless of whatever that is, and was punished accordingly. This post should just be closed at this point since more arguments and discussing this any further is merely a waste of time.
> [{quoted}](name=Not Ganking Bot,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-21T02:53:01.225+0000) > > I think its quite funny that the OP's main argument is that it's unjust because Riot chose not to provide chat logs. What it all boils down to is the simple known fact that, Riot has no literal reason in any situation ever, to Ban someone, simply because they want to. They are a business plain and simple, and we are the customer, we log in and we spend money on the game. That's how Riot continues to exist. There has/have been, in the extremely rarest situations, mistaken bans that have been reversed. But I highly doubt that that is what is going on here. Most people only get banned for months of continuous reports of toxic behavior in game, and its even rarer for people to get banned before having already been chat restricted in a prior offense. I would imagine that this user has engaged in some form of Rule breaking, regardless of whatever that is, and was punished accordingly. > > This post should just be closed at this point since more arguments and discussing this any further is merely a waste of time. name one other person whos gotten a toxicity ban but no chat logs then. im waiting.
: You are correct. Verbal penalties and Gameplay penalties are escalated separately.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xAAcRMo4,comment-id=00070004000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T22:06:53.746+0000) > > You are correct. > > Verbal penalties and Gameplay penalties are escalated separately. Hello, can you check this thread out? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/8WakIKtA-banned-for-no-reason
Pika Fox (NA)
: Something about this would be different. Either the logs are unimportant and you got banned for something like 3rd party software, or something sensitive was in the logs.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T00:00:14.605+0000) > > Something about this would be different. Either the logs are unimportant and you got banned for something like 3rd party software, or something sensitive was in the logs. then i wouldnt get the reform card and itd be perma not 14 days, if something was sensitive they can easily censor that part out doesnt make sense.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Can, but dont really need to.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T19:41:52.999+0000) > > Can, but dont really need to. then why do they provide chatlogs for 99.9% of other cases? doesnt make sense
Pika Fox (NA)
: They legally need to store DMs to share with police if a complaint is made. They may or may not be able to randomly search, but if someone says someone is doing something illegal via DMs, or rule breaking (such as RP scams) they can go through your DMs.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-20T12:49:36.188+0000) > > They legally need to store DMs to share with police if a complaint is made. They may or may not be able to randomly search, but if someone says someone is doing something illegal via DMs, or rule breaking (such as RP scams) they can go through your DMs. then they should be able to provide chatlogs
zPOOPz (NA)
: I have not verified my account. Still able to play.... I have no reason to lie...
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T03:13:26.742+0000) > > I have not verified my account. Still able to play.... I have no reason to lie... didnt touch anything email related and they didnt give chatlogs so
: Banned for no reason
can i get a rioter's response
: "...you upload or transmit through the Riot Services" Which would include the message system between players on the league of legends client.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T00:13:15.829+0000) > > "...you upload or transmit through the Riot Services" > > Which would include the message system between players on the league of legends client. either way doesnt explain why they cant show chat logs in that case xD
: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#consent-monitoring Besides, by using the monitoring to assign punishments based on messages you send another person they aren't using the messages for nefarious purposes like selling your personal info. They are using it so that they can protect other customers.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T00:10:21.603+0000) > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#consent-monitoring doubt thats DMs, and either way if it was DMs they could just show those chatlogs
: >they dont have the right to monitor personal messages If it's on their platform they do.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T00:00:50.333+0000) > > If it's on their platform they do. i highly doubt it. there would be so much lawsuits if they constantly monitor player messages. what if someone put personal information in their DMs to a friend and riot games had access to that? you're saying out of millions of people there would be no lawsuits against riot games. i highly doubt. either way i use discord > league DMs
: If it were personal information, I can certainly see why they wouldn't show the chat logs. Otherwise they would find themselves liable for various legal reasons. Judging that multiple accounts were banned (and their warning to not do it on any other accounts), it sounds like personal messages were involved since otherwise only a single account would have been held responsible for its activities in their games.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T23:54:28.381+0000) > > If it were personal information, I can certainly see why they wouldn't show the chat logs. Otherwise they would find themselves liable for various legal reasons. > > Judging that multiple accounts were banned (and their warning to not do it on any other accounts), it sounds like personal messages were involved since otherwise only a single account would have been held responsible for its activities in their games. 1. they dont have the right to monitor personal messages 2. they can easily state so if it was personal information they could censor the exact personal information out and show the rest
: For one, just lay off with the Discord schtick, alright? If I didn't take you up on it at the first mention, then respectfully, I'm not gonna take you up on the third. I prefer to keep my Discord to myself and a scant few people, and I don't really care to break that seclusion for the sake of being perfectly up-to-date with a single given case. Beyond that, though; > 3rd: What could I possibly say that they wouldn't show. People make racist slurs and death threats yet those are still showed in chat logs. That is also my question. I'll ignore the 2nd one since I'm not a lawyerman and don't know the first fuckin' thing about laws, and the 1st point is valid and really needs no further discussion. But, as for what you could say...I've no clue. Hate speech is typically shown (albeit censored), and encouragements of self-harm are often uncensored but plain as day. I don't know particularly about death threats, though I imagine those run more into "immediate permaban" territory instead of 14-day escalations, but, I could be wrong. I imagine you'd have to be consistently and explicitly vulgar for Riot not to show your chat logs, but, at that point...Wouldn't they just permaban you from the gate? It's confounding. Hopefully you can at least get some more answers from your Support Ticket, provided they haven't closed it yet, but otherwise, this is definitely an odd, way out-of-the-way kinda case of behavioral punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0005000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T23:41:53.990+0000) > > For one, just lay off with the Discord schtick, alright? If I didn't take you up on it at the first mention, then respectfully, I'm not gonna take you up on the third. > > I prefer to keep my Discord to myself and a scant few people, and I don't really care to break that seclusion for the sake of being perfectly up-to-date with a single given case. > > Beyond that, though; > > That is also my question. I'll ignore the 2nd one since I'm not a lawyerman and don't know the first fuckin' thing about laws, and the 1st point is valid and really needs no further discussion. > > But, as for what you could say...I've no clue. Hate speech is typically shown (albeit censored), and encouragements of self-harm are often uncensored but plain as day. I don't know particularly about death threats, though I imagine those run more into "immediate permaban" territory instead of 14-day escalations, but, I could be wrong. > > I imagine you'd have to be consistently and explicitly vulgar for Riot not to show your chat logs, but, at that point...Wouldn't they just permaban you from the gate? > > It's confounding. Hopefully you can at least get some more answers from your Support Ticket, provided they haven't closed it yet, but otherwise, this is definitely an odd, way out-of-the-way kinda case of behavioral punishment. yeah they just said i harassed someone but like i did no such thing and they refuse to show proof whatsoever.
Jo0o (NA)
: That's super weird. So... what did you say that game? Were you, like, giving out people's home addresses or something? I've honestly never seen Rioters refuse to share logs.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-19T23:42:57.124+0000) > > That's super weird. > > So... what did you say that game? Were you, like, giving out people's home addresses or something? I've honestly never seen Rioters refuse to share logs. if i did that they would still show chat logs, they show chat logs for everything. ive known people who have been banned for death threats, racist slurs, and much more. yet this all have something in common, CHAT LOGS
: That...Has me genuinely curious. I have a number of hypotheses, so I'm just gonna lay down my guesses point-blank; Firstly, it could be behavior from another account - although I don't know why they wouldn't or couldn't pull the logs from Scarlet Witch (the other account they said was suspended), but it would at least explain the absence of a log on the account from the initial screenshot. Second; it could be behavior from Direct Messages. From what I understand, the general rule is that DM's aren't actively monitored chat channels, since one would have to accept someone as a friend to _invite_ that kind of chat, but at the same time, I know it's wholly possible that Riot could look into and punish players based on offenses in DM/in-client chat. Which, that would _also_ explain the reason for the absence of chat logs on the Reform Card, as well as potentially explain why Riot may not be able to present the logs - due to difference in formatting from the Client, I _reckon_ it'd make sense that they'd have difficulty pulling them up for you. Third, and this one's a really unlikely guess; you went off _bad_. Worse than _typical_ 14-day ban offenses. More than just hate speech or encouragements of self-harm - one would have to commit an _especially_ egregious offense for Riot to voluntarily _not_ pull the logs. If the ticket is still open, I'd suggest asking for a little better explanation as to _why_ they can't provide the logs. You could ask it as simply as "was it an exceptionally egregious offense?" or "is it an issue of formatting?", but regardless, I can only fathom what tasteless shit could be in someone's chat logs that would have even Riot unwilling to present them to the offender.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00050000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T23:29:19.903+0000) > > That...Has me genuinely curious. I have a number of hypotheses, so I'm just gonna lay down my guesses point-blank; > > Firstly, it could be behavior from another account - although I don't know why they wouldn't or couldn't pull the logs from Scarlet Witch (the other account they said was suspended), but it would at least explain the absence of a log on the account from the initial screenshot. > > Second; it could be behavior from Direct Messages. From what I understand, the general rule is that DM's aren't actively monitored chat channels, since one would have to accept someone as a friend to _invite_ that kind of chat, but at the same time, I know it's wholly possible that Riot could look into and punish players based on offenses in DM/in-client chat. > > Which, that would _also_ explain the reason for the absence of chat logs on the Reform Card, as well as potentially explain why Riot may not be able to present the logs - due to difference in formatting from the Client, I _reckon_ it'd make sense that they'd have difficulty pulling them up for you. > > Third, and this one's a really unlikely guess; you went off _bad_. Worse than _typical_ 14-day ban offenses. More than just hate speech or encouragements of self-harm - one would have to commit an _especially_ egregious offense for Riot to voluntarily _not_ pull the logs. > > If the ticket is still open, I'd suggest asking for a little better explanation as to _why_ they can't provide the logs. You could ask it as simply as "was it an exceptionally egregious offense?" or "is it an issue of formatting?", but regardless, I can only fathom what tasteless shit could be in someone's chat logs that would have even Riot unwilling to present them to the offender. 1st: If it was from that account they could just pull it from there. 2nd: Riot Games does not have the right to monitor DMs, that breaks US privacy laws. I also would rather use discord than league chat lol. 3rd: What could I possibly say that they wouldn't show. People make racist slurs and death threats yet those are still showed in chat logs.
: > ...i was testing stormrazors on kayn to check damage proc on q... That's...Still a red flag. You sold your _Stalker's Blade_ (an item which is _crucial_ to playing a Jungler effectively due to the XP bonus) for _Boots of Mobility_. Your deaths weren't too out of the way, but that decision to sell your Jungle item for boots is...Alarmingly ill-thought, to say the least. And this is coming from someone who consciously uses _Boots of Mobility_ on his builds for Yasuo and Kayn. (Assassin Kayn, anyway). That aside, there's two other things I want to point out, the first being that _Stormrazor_ specifically mentions that its crit bonus from _Storm's Edge_ only benefits basic attacks. _Reaping Slash_ isn't a basic attack, so it wouldn't benefit from _Stormrazor_. Second; > ...hence why i didnt rank with it If you're going to test something that's fairly out-of-the way like that, why not try it in a Custom match, or use the Practice Tool? You can use those easily as throw-away matches to let you explore what items can or can't interact with a Champion's kit. --- All said, AeroWaffle makes a fair point, though I don't expect it to be the case. We'll just have to wait and see the results of your support ticket.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:55:07.906+0000) > > That's...Still a red flag. You sold your _Stalker's Blade_ (an item which is _crucial_ to playing a Jungler effectively due to the XP bonus) for _Boots of Mobility_. Your deaths weren't too out of the way, but that decision to sell your Jungle item for boots is...Alarmingly ill-thought, to say the least. > > And this is coming from someone who consciously uses _Boots of Mobility_ on his builds for Yasuo and Kayn. (Assassin Kayn, anyway). > > That aside, there's two other things I want to point out, the first being that _Stormrazor_ specifically mentions that its crit bonus from _Storm's Edge_ only benefits basic attacks. _Reaping Slash_ isn't a basic attack, so it wouldn't benefit from _Stormrazor_. > > Second; > > If you're going to test something that's fairly out-of-the way like that, why not try it in a Custom match, or use the Practice Tool? You can use those easily as throw-away matches to let you explore what items can or can't interact with a Champion's kit. > > --- > > All said, AeroWaffle makes a fair point, though I don't expect it to be the case. We'll just have to wait and see the results of your support ticket. uploaded screenshots of a new live chat with Rioter "Cammy White". If you want more proof feel free to discord me up
: > ...i was testing stormrazors on kayn to check damage proc on q... That's...Still a red flag. You sold your _Stalker's Blade_ (an item which is _crucial_ to playing a Jungler effectively due to the XP bonus) for _Boots of Mobility_. Your deaths weren't too out of the way, but that decision to sell your Jungle item for boots is...Alarmingly ill-thought, to say the least. And this is coming from someone who consciously uses _Boots of Mobility_ on his builds for Yasuo and Kayn. (Assassin Kayn, anyway). That aside, there's two other things I want to point out, the first being that _Stormrazor_ specifically mentions that its crit bonus from _Storm's Edge_ only benefits basic attacks. _Reaping Slash_ isn't a basic attack, so it wouldn't benefit from _Stormrazor_. Second; > ...hence why i didnt rank with it If you're going to test something that's fairly out-of-the way like that, why not try it in a Custom match, or use the Practice Tool? You can use those easily as throw-away matches to let you explore what items can or can't interact with a Champion's kit. --- All said, AeroWaffle makes a fair point, though I don't expect it to be the case. We'll just have to wait and see the results of your support ticket.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:55:07.906+0000) > > That's...Still a red flag. You sold your _Stalker's Blade_ (an item which is _crucial_ to playing a Jungler effectively due to the XP bonus) for _Boots of Mobility_. Your deaths weren't too out of the way, but that decision to sell your Jungle item for boots is...Alarmingly ill-thought, to say the least. > > And this is coming from someone who consciously uses _Boots of Mobility_ on his builds for Yasuo and Kayn. (Assassin Kayn, anyway). > > That aside, there's two other things I want to point out, the first being that _Stormrazor_ specifically mentions that its crit bonus from _Storm's Edge_ only benefits basic attacks. _Reaping Slash_ isn't a basic attack, so it wouldn't benefit from _Stormrazor_. > > Second; > > If you're going to test something that's fairly out-of-the way like that, why not try it in a Custom match, or use the Practice Tool? You can use those easily as throw-away matches to let you explore what items can or can't interact with a Champion's kit. > > --- > > All said, AeroWaffle makes a fair point, though I don't expect it to be the case. We'll just have to wait and see the results of your support ticket. https://gyazo.com/2b076f73102bc85ead1c345d655988d5
: That wasn't the part I found suspicious, it was the selling stuff so that you only had mobi boots. Either way, support would have the answer.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:42:25.856+0000) > > That wasn't the part I found suspicious, it was the selling stuff so that you only had mobi boots. > > Either way, support would have the answer. yeah i was thinking would this make my clear faster or not, i like to theory craft as a masters jungle
: It could have been for intentionally feeding, https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2870016191/1959782876858560?tab=overview was pretty suspicious. Would also explain why they didn't have logs for you. Either way, support will have the answer.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:36:55.333+0000) > > It could have been for intentionally feeding, > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2870016191/1959782876858560?tab=overview > > was pretty suspicious. Would also explain why they didn't have logs for you. > > Either way, support will have the answer. i wasnt intentionally feeding, i was testing stormrazors on kayn to check damage proc on q, hence why i didnt rank with it
: its literally a pop up in client, you cant miss it -.- if you didnt you wouldnt be able to get punished because you couldnt play
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:20:11.656+0000) > > its literally a pop up in client, you cant miss it -.- > if you didnt you wouldnt be able to get punished because you couldnt play only pop up to my knowledge was the 1 i just got
: iirc youre forced to have verified one since july.
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:17:35.652+0000) > > youre forced to have verified one since july. never touched anything email related so no idea
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yet it says to contact support for more. So, they gave you what they could at the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:06:45.832+0000) > > Yet it says to contact support for more. So, they gave you what they could at the time. yeah made a ticket hopefully i get more insight into this :/
: doesnt it send any chat that goes on in your support ticket to the account email?
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:02:49.850+0000) > > doesnt it send any chat that goes on in your support ticket to the account email? unverified
Voldymort (EUNE)
: and 99.99% of them are lieing
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-19T22:03:54.582+0000) > > and 99.99% of them are lieing check screenshot, no chatlogs
: So .... there is a reason.....
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:53:14.906+0000) > > So .... there is a reason..... not that i can think of i barely talk in game unless im with full premades that im also in discord with. and when i do talk in game i say things like "yikes", "baron guys", "gg", "can i red", etc. nothing that harasses anyone
: I'm no less skeptical, but I'll at least offer the benefit of the doubt. Like Jo0o said, it's probably a technical issue. It's definitely a first time for us to see it - if not an absurdly uncommon one. We'll just have to see how your ticket plays out.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000100000000000000020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:51:11.606+0000) > > I'm no less skeptical, but I'll at least offer the benefit of the doubt. > > Like Jo0o said, it's probably a technical issue. It's definitely a first time for us to see it - if not an absurdly uncommon one. We'll just have to see how your ticket plays out. got discord? im willing to screenshare
: Aaaaaand what's stopping you from also having fabricated the error message, too? Being fair, everything _looks_ right - the display color where the logs would normally be, the sans font matching with the main font of the reform card, but it's extremely hard to believe that somehow, neither the IFS _nor_ Riot Support could pull up any relevant logs for a 14-day suspension.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0001000000000000000200000001,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:46:27.855+0000) > > Aaaaaand what's stopping you from also having fabricated the error message, too? > > Being fair, everything _looks_ right - the display color where the logs would normally be, the sans font matching with the main font of the reform card, but it's extremely hard to believe that somehow, neither the IFS _nor_ Riot Support could pull up any relevant logs for a 14-day suspension. full screen with my name https://gyazo.com/7a289ed63321bc42a76c2f4aff1a71e0 inspect element is browser based, game client is server based
: So it isn't that there aren't chat logs. Then there is a reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:44:57.549+0000) > > So it isn't that there aren't chat logs. > > Then there is a reason. if theres a reason there should be chatlogs, if i was scripting i wouldnt be able to login whatsoever same with payment issue bans. this is a straight up player behavior ban which should have chatlogs of what the player has said.
: So, the live chat tech said he didn't have chat logs .... then what? Does he just not have access to them, but someone else does? Or did he say the ban was an error?
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8WakIKtA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-19T21:42:56.461+0000) > > So, the live chat tech said he didn't have chat logs .... then what? > > Does he just not have access to them, but someone else does? > > Or did he say the ban was an error? he said he didnt have access so i just left
Show more

Elizabeth Olsen

Level 50 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion