Dasdi96 (NA)
: PSA: if your team is ahead, do not get a 4th dragon.
played a normal game with friends where we were wayyy ahead of the enemy team and it was pretty obvious we would win. we were curious about elder drake (cause neither of us had the chance to see it's buff in game) so we just messed around until it spawned. and then the enemy jg had a lucky moment where they stole the elder dragon and we lost the game within the next two minutes, a game in which, up until the enemy stole the elder dragon, we were winning. that execute is ridiculously insane and can very easily turn the game around. I learned my lesson: just don't let that damn thing spawn. It was just a normal so none of us were tilted, it was still a fun game. But god damn that elder drag buff HURTS.
: Just make elder dragon just an auto win the game objective.
riot games aka tencent just wanna cater to their chinese audience (which is notably a large one) where internet cafes (aka short games) are popular. money-hungry corporation.....(a redundant thing to say, because aren't all corporations money-hungry?). shit sucks.
: Let's settle this once and for all! Is the support item change a buff or a nerf? - An Analysis -
My two cents on the support item changes, coming from a support main: I don't know exactly how I feel about this. I guess I will name what I _like_ about these changes before I express my main concerns. I feel as if the support item changes will push mage supports (zyra, brand, lux, vel koz, veigar) out of the botlane and allow for the traditional supports to be picked more due to the lack in gold-making and mana regen with the item changes. I really am tired of seeing mage "supports" in the bot lane because their only purpose is to bully and harass you and they're annoying to play against. I also like that you get that *one* item earlier. However, both of these "pros" come with a huge cost: impact. I played a couple games as a support with these changes and noticed how behind in gold I am, even if my team is well ahead the enemy team in gold overall. It takes much longer to build your essential items, and usually (due to snowballing), the game is over before you even get your item spike. And god forbid your team is the one that's behind, because then you'll be *even more* behind. I know supports are meant to, you know, support, and shouldn't really be equal to their adc's in terms of strength (I guess?), but I feel as if my capabilities as a support have been limited with this lower gold generation. I hope they address this issue by the next ranked season.
Rioter Comments
Moody P (NA)
: The flaws in the item system are the root of most problems
This is a very good point. I don't want Garen to be nerfed/buffed with CDR and damage stats, I want the items he uses to be fixed because it's ridiculous that a champion can become broken because of a single item, it makes the game even more snowball-y than it already is (because a Garen ahead of his opponent in gold can get the items faster and be a super speedy damage-bearing spinny dude faster). And then there are champions who rely so much on an item to be strong that once the item is nerfed, they become largely unplayable in competitive play, which creates the dynamic between KogMaw and KaiSa. I remember KogMaw was once OP as hell, well before KaiSa was released, and after KogMaw was reverted and nerfed, he became even more dependent on rageblade. However, rageblade made KaiSa ridiculously strong, so that item was nerfed...which hurt KogMaw and left KaiSa largely unscathed. (At least if I remember correctly, I haven't played League competitively in a while due to the sheer toxicity of it).
: I completely agree with this discussion. The thing that bothers me the most is, yeah lots of people like this game mode, but it's the only game mode that gets brought back. Why not throw in All for One, or Doom Bots, or Nexus Blitz, or Ascension? Why is it only URF that gets played again? I personally like AURF better because at least we didn't see the same op champs over and over again... 5 bans is not enough.
I don't know if I have terrible luck, but I swear at one point I got Singed five games in a row in ARURF. I was losing my mind so I personally am happy regular URF is back lol.
: I didn't expect URF to be this bad...
I guess I've just been lucky with my games, because I hardly have seen tryhards spamming the same OP champs over and over again. I, myself, use URF to cheese (like on-hit adc Janna) and have fun with it with my friends, but I guess others haven't been doing the same and I'm sorry to hear that.
AyreBiRabak (EUNE)
: To the Iranian players...
unfortunately, it's not riot's fault...there's just a bunch of US laws and regulations that forces Riot and other companies to do such a thing :/ im sad about this.
: people who revenge troll..
i literally just had a ranked match in which my jg revenge trolled the entire team because, as he puts it, he wanted to "teach sivir a lesson" ALL BECAUSE she didn't give him a good enough leash to his taste.
Rioter Comments
xAcidik (NA)
: I agree that toxicity is a real problem in this game, but I have not noticed significantly more toxicity this season.
That must be nice lol. From my personal experience I see a lot more toxicity, especially with this new positional ranked system causing people who don't get their main role to troll or f around because it doesn't affect their main lp :/
: Cuz rito games bans the people defending themselves rather then the toxic pieces of jerky that hate on other people. Like me. The only time i am ever any sort of toxic is when i tell people to shut up and leave me alone or explain that int means intentional and not just feeding. But no i got banned and not the people saying "you suck" and "report __ for inting"
yup. The only time im "toxic" is when i respond to the toxic teammates telling them to f off. and my reports get thrown into a black hole.
Syrile (NA)
: I think it is a mix of a few things. As for purely game-things, a mix of the awful positional rank system which gives an incentive to troll and the horribleness of the meta and the problem with high-mobility, high-damage metas.
Yeah, i feel like the positional rank system might be a huge part of it. I've had games where someone who didn't get their main role just fucked around because "it doesn't affect my main lp" :/
Emo Twink (OCE)
: Can Yasuo Get Some Removals like Irelia/Akali?
Yup. As a nami main, a little piece of me dies when there's a yasuo on the enemy team. Even if he's bad, all he has to do is press w and there goes my entire damn kit.
Rioter Comments
: Is there an ability in the game that you, personally, just can't dodge?
probably leona's e, that thing has the craziest hitbox ive ever seen
Kelg (NA)
: What are some of your favorite things about your champion(s)? (Gameplay or Art related)
{{champion:202}} his voice, his character, his lines, his artsy-but-psychotic demeanor... love it. {{champion:267}} she's, in my opinion at least, one of the most balanced champions in the game. never has she been unhealthy, but never has she been tossed to the corner like sona is lol
Asamas (EUNE)
: Yeah ok. So don't call it equallity. Let's look it at neutral point of view. I don't really care as I am not going either way. Let's see what would be best for a non-sexsist, let's fight for equallity manner. The last time I checked equallity means that all genders have the same rights (see I say all and not both, how much more SJW can one become really?). So the fast debunk is that is against the whole puropse of equallity to allow one gender to attend and the other not to. Right? Ok thanks. The next point is that yes men play lol more. But you say it as men are guilty of playing more than women and they sould stop playing this game just so women can put pants on and say something out on the boards or forums. The last time I checked nobody knows what gender the other is (if not said). So what does it change? Ok so far so good. About the 1:30 hour. I won't give example to the situation with cookies or something (my prefrence). Let's face the facts. If only men were invited to this 1:30 hour would you be upset? If yes then why men can't be upset? We all were fightng for equallity right? If not then again why are you upset that men are angry? Everyone is for themselves. If you want to ask a question ask it. Nobody will say "STFU girl this handsome gentelman is talking right now." If that was the problem that men are overshadowing women then make the first 30 mins that only women can ask questions or women's seats are closer to the stage. Not altogheter ban men from it. Again that's what equallity means. Sadly I happen to study law and know what I am talking about. We all play and like the game. The gender souldn't matter. I admit sexsist comments or homophobia are always bad (tho I have my own views on both subjects) but the way to fight sexsism or promote equallity is not that one. Please tell me if you agree. I don't want to cancel or overlook your statement I just say why they are not that rightful to the subject and the points that men make. I want to have a normal coversation.
> [{quoted}](name=Asamas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-09-01T20:15:49.869+0000) > > Yeah ok. So don't call it equallity. Let's look it at neutral point of view. I don't really care as I am not going either way. Let's see what would be best for a non-sexsist, let's fight for equallity manner. The last time I checked equallity means that all genders have the same rights (see I say all and not both, how much more SJW can one become really?). So the fast debunk is that is against the whole puropse of equallity to allow one gender to attend and the other not to. Right? Ok thanks. The next point is that yes men play lol more. But you say it as men are guilty of playing more than women and they sould stop playing this game just so women can put pants on and say something out on the boards or forums. The last time I checked nobody knows what gender the other is (if not said). So what does it change? > > Ok so far so good. About the 1:30 hour. I won't give example to the situation with cookies or something (my prefrence). Let's face the facts. If only men were invited to this 1:30 hour would you be upset? If yes then why men can't be upset? We all were fightng for equallity right? If not then again why are you upset that men are angry? > > Everyone is for themselves. If you want to ask a question ask it. Nobody will say "STFU girl this handsome gentelman is talking right now." If that was the problem that men are overshadowing women then make the first 30 mins that only women can ask questions or women's seats are closer to the stage. Not altogheter ban men from it. > > Again that's what equallity means. Sadly I happen to study law and know what I am talking about. We all play and like the game. The gender souldn't matter. I admit sexsist comments or homophobia are always bad (tho I have my own views on both subjects) but the way to fight sexsism or promote equallity is not that one. Please tell me if you agree. I don't want to cancel or overlook your statement I just say why they are not that rightful to the subject and the points that men make. I want to have a normal coversation. I never called this equality, because I know myself it isn't equality. It's equity. I do think there are more better ways to give a better platform for minorities without discouraging the majority, so I guess in this situation riot has the right intent, but the wrong execution. I'm glad you speak with reason rather than hate, because this way I can civilly discuss this situation with you. Riot took one step forward and two steps backward, but I understand their intent.
Verxint (NA)
: First off. Nobody cares that you're a woman. Your argument has to stand on its own merit. You mention what genitalia you have at the beginning and end of your post as if that automatically makes what you say more valuable. Do you know what it means to judge someone's argument based on their gender and not the argument itself? It's sexist. Second, your making a strawman as to what the actual problem is. Nobody is specifically and only upset about not getting to see ~2 hours of an event. They're upset at the hypocritical precedent this sets. They're upset at the idea of fighting sexism with sexism. They're upset at how they've seen the same thing fail dozens of times and yet the same arguments come up. They're upset at arguments that if you reverse the identities of the groups involved, would be absolutely abhorrent. Remember, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:49:08.045+0000) > > First off. Nobody cares that you're a woman. Your argument has to stand on its own merit. You mention what genitalia you have at the beginning and end of your post as if that automatically makes what you say more valuable. Do you know what it means to judge someone's argument based on their gender and not the argument itself? It's sexist. > > Second, your making a strawman as to what the actual problem is. Nobody is specifically and only upset about not getting to see ~2 hours of an event. They're upset at the hypocritical precedent this sets. They're upset at the idea of fighting sexism with sexism. They're upset at how they've seen the same thing fail dozens of times and yet the same arguments come up. They're upset at arguments that if you reverse the identities of the groups involved, would be absolutely abhorrent. > > Remember, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. You know, I do agree with you on that final statement. I was just trying to, kindly, explain what I think riot's reasoning is and why I don't think it's THAT harmful. I don't agree with discrimination of any kind, but at the same time I can't say this is 100% discrimination, as everyone is still included after the 1.5 hour mark.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Bad Varus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:46:37.272+0000) > > .. Your entire original post. > > Perhaps this is why "women are discriminated against." I'd like to thank you for not continuing the cycle of separation. As a guy, I know there are many counts of sexual harassment and inequality towards women even today. To be strong enough to treat people as equals in spite of that is what creates positive change and denies the possibility of restructured sexism. Both the actions of sexist men and women seeking to separate themselves from men create tensions between us, and it's good to see someone strong enough to notice this.
> [{quoted}](name=Anti Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=0006000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:51:26.226+0000) > > I'd like to thank you for not continuing the cycle of separation. As a guy, I know there are many counts of sexual harassment and inequality towards women even today. To be strong enough to treat people as equals in spite of that is what creates positive change and denies the possibility of restructured sexism. Both the actions of sexist men and women seeking to separate themselves from men create tensions between us, and it's good to see someone strong enough to notice this. Believe it or not, I'm not one of those raging sjw's, and more often than not I stray away from a lot of liberal ideals and how women get away with things that men do not. I was just kindly, without raging, explaining what I believe the reasoning behind riot's choice was. I still do agree with it, because I do not think it is a very harmful decision. However, if they made the entire panel only available to women/non-binary people, then I would be upset, too. I just think 1.5 hours is not as big of a deal.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=A Bad Varus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:27:48.182+0000) > > As a woman and a fellow member of the gaming community, the situation at PAX is sexist and discriminatory. Stop pretending to be a victim. Women have the exact same opportunities as men in every possible career path. Point out where I pretended to be a victim?
: Please let me quickly explain to you and anyone that still feels that Riot is doing the right thing why it's wrong: > [{quoted}](name=Ani Cierra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:05:45.318+0000) > > I completely understand why you guys are upset and calling this "sexism," but as a woman myself, please let me kindly explain to you why this act is justified. > > First of all, it is only 1 hour and 30 minutes of women and non-binary people only, and then afterwards everyone else can join. Let me repeat that. _It is only 1 hour and 30 minutes in which men aren't included_ -- is it really THAT BIG of a problem to you guys that the least represented group in this community gets 1 hour and 30 minutes to themselves? No, 1.5 hours of not being able to talk to a developer is no problem at all. The problem actually is WHEN this is happening. They could've gone and taken the meditation time for women and non-binary people only but instead chose to exclude men from the actually interesting parts like art/design etc. The problem isn't that women and non-binaries get time for themselves, it's men being excluded from topics that are interesting for everyone. The exclusive time for women and non-binaries should be added or taken from the time barely anybody cares about (because nothing happens in meditation anyway) instead of stripping it away from the rest. > Think of it like this: We all know that cisgender men are the biggest group in the community of in League of Legends. Women and non-binary folk are at the very bottom of the community, often underrepresented and outspoken by their male counterparts. So, it's only reasonable and fair to give this minority and outspoken group a window to be able to be a part of a discussion without being overshadowed by the majority. This is a direct counterargument to everyone saying "just let everyone be included" -- that "everyone" includes a large majority of people that can easily, and very well unintentionally, overshadow the smaller groups in the community. This is why women and non-binary people are given this opportunity to shine. Again, all power to Riot for trying to do something, they just took the worst possible time out of their schedule to do it. It's like going to a doctors convention where the leading scientific group on cancer research gives a speech from 12:00-16:00 and then there's a small workshop and discussion round from 16:00 to 18:00 while only allowing women and non-binaries to attend the speech from 12 to 16. You simply can't do that! It's deliberately harming an entire spectrum of people "just because".
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnaEXbhR,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-01T19:30:03.696+0000) > > Please let me quickly explain to you and anyone that still feels that Riot is doing the right thing why it's wrong: > > No, 1.5 hours of not being able to talk to a developer is no problem at all. The problem actually is WHEN this is happening. They could've gone and taken the meditation time for women and non-binary people only but instead chose to exclude men from the actually interesting parts like art/design etc. > > The problem isn't that women and non-binaries get time for themselves, it's men being excluded from topics that are interesting for everyone. The exclusive time for women and non-binaries should be added or taken from the time barely anybody cares about (because nothing happens in meditation anyway) instead of stripping it away from the rest. > > Again, all power to Riot for trying to do something, they just took the worst possible time out of their schedule to do it. It's like going to a doctors convention where the leading scientific group on cancer research gives a speech from 12:00-16:00 and then there's a small workshop and discussion round from 16:00 to 18:00 while only allowing women and non-binaries to attend the speech from 12 to 16. You simply can't do that! It's deliberately harming an entire spectrum of people "just because". You know what, I'm grateful that you took the time to gracefully disagree with me, rather than just being angry and hate-fueled like other comments. From the way you explained it, I understand what you mean and agree with you to some extent.
Rioter Comments
Shamose (EUW)
: How to fight sexism by Riot Games.
its just an hour and a half of no men, quit whining. yall men really need everything huh.
OJPhoenix (OCE)
: helping people at the bottom is exactly how you create fairness do you think the tall guy in this picture is being discriminated against because he's box was taken away from him? i sure hope not, because he literally doesn't need the support but the little kid does - given women more support than men in places where men are traditionally dominant is the same thing https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1800/1*d7_IphwHToS2OETu2i1xRw.png ps: people usually say equality when they actually mean equity
> [{quoted}](name=OJPhoenix,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J700yf9g,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-01T03:50:01.875+0000) > > helping people at the bottom is exactly how you create fairness > > do you think the tall guy in this picture is being discriminated against because he's box was taken away from him? i sure hope not, because he literally doesn't need the support but the little kid does - given women more support than men in places where men are traditionally dominant is the same thing > > https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1800/1*d7_IphwHToS2OETu2i1xRw.png > > ps: people usually say equality when they actually mean equity i think im the only one that agrees with you
: Let's discuss Nami's kit
As a nami main, I can say very confidently that nami is a very balanced support that _does_ require skill, especially compared to other supports. Her ultimate is really easy to dodge, especially when you're not right in her face. Also, her ultimate knocks up and slows for a shorter duration the closer the enemy is, so it's honestly pretty fair. Her q is also pretty easy to sidestep. Nami, believe it or not, does not outsustain every support. The mana cost and cooldown on her w is high early ranks, so it is honestly easy to counter nami if you time your engage correctly. I also feel rewarded when I play nami, which is why I love to main her. Other supports, such as sona, janna, or soraka, don't provide me that feeling of _oh I actually did something other than rightclick_ (for sona you don't even need to select a target for her q w e...). Instead of nerfing nami, the solution to the support problem should be changing the kits of other and more brainless supports.
  Rioter Comments
DirigoX (NA)
: Which Login screen has your favorite music?
The bit rush theme with riven's arcade skin release, the star guardian login screens, lucian, and ekko
Rioter Comments
: Decided to do a little experiment.
a few years ago when I played my first game on LoL, someone called me an "epileptic retard" (I mean not gonna lie that was a creative insult), but this goes to show that a lot of smurf accounts have 0 sympathy to new players.
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Nexus Blitz - Week 1 Feedback and Patch Notes
Nexus Blitz is too fast-paced, maybe add another five minutes before the nexus's start running it down mid? Also, the jg feels more or less completely useless in this mode.
Rioter Comments
: explain to me why he has the highest base ad in the entire game. i dont understand that. well he gets a shield based on AP he is a utility engage support and he has a heal as well with crowd control kinda has it all dont he? why does he need to be tanky too ?
Well I'm not asking for him to be tanky -- I'm asking why make him squishier when he wasn't tanky in the first place. And his heal is pretty minimal, and you have to land the skillshot to get that heal.
Profirix (NA)
: Riot believes he needs greater tradeoff for being such a hard engaging, mobile champion. I agree with them to some extent, but everyone fails to realize that his W alone sits you in place for half a second, more than long enough for someone to snare you and blow you up. When combined R+W however, I do agree he doesn't suffer enough of a tradeoff.
Yeah, I do agree with it a bit, but it does make him a lot more vulnerable pre-level 6 ya know?
Rioter Comments
Seen (NA)
: It depends on the team comp. I'm personally leaning towards FF. You had a cho that didn't want to play and they had a hypercarry. You can't force someone to play in the same sense they can't force you to FF. I looked up your match and that game they out comped you. Sona already made it a 4v5, Jax countered Xin, Ali negates your engages, and veigar deletes your ADC. What you did was held the game hostage since I don't think you had much chance even with Cho helping out. Edit: Looking at the graph https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2845951564/228631672?tab=overview Blue team (enemy) had the gold advantage 99% of the time since 2:00.
even if we had 0 chance of winning, the cho went on to flame everyone on the team, being incredibly toxic since the first couple minutes of the game. just because it's a loss doesn't mean you have to be so negative, ya know?
Lost R (NA)
: Why the fuck are you even here, then?
I just lost a ranked match because our mid laner, who was actually winning his lane super hard, wanted to surrender and when we didnt surrender he just afk farmed top. the entire enemy team is in our base, we have an open nexus, and he is still top. when i told him "dude we're gonna lose if u dont help" he responded with "thats the point" smh at this community
Rioter Comments
Axxuka (NA)
: ERROR Code: /003/ Patching issue
just download the hextech repair tool and force a repatch -- itll work just fine afterwards
: So does this goes to show that favouritism exists?
can nami, soraka, and other squishy supports get buffs? pls??? this high damage ad meta has been very cancerous for squishy supports.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:16}} Base health increased from 529 to 550 Q - Starcall: Increase target range from 800 to 850 units (my reason for this change: Soraka is a squishy, healing champion that needs to stay a safe distance from enemy champions as she can be locked down with crowd control and die pretty easily, especially when she is up against a Leona, Alistar, Blitzcrank, or Thresh, where it is dangerous for her to get too close. thus, slightly increasing the range of her q can help soraka be in a safer position.) R - Wish Soraka's ultimate can now remove grievous wounds from her allied champions (this was an old feature a few seasons back but it was removed -- I think it deserves to be brought back into her ultimate)
Rioter Comments
: PETITION: UNLOCK ALL CHAMPIONS IN RANDOM GAME MODES
I have a better idea: don't to AR for URF. It's soooo "fair" and "fun" when my team coincidentally has the worst comp ever in which we are first-timing a champ and are against a jayce or something.
Jon1174 (NA)
: I Would Like To Hear The Communities Opinion On What They Like/Dislike About The Support Role
I main support, more specifically {{champion:267}} Everytime I would try to play another role to main because I feel like I have to rely on my adc to be good at their role, I would still always find myself back to playing support. It's something about being the shotcaller of the team and getting those "ty nami <3"'s that makes me feel so rewarded. I personally think that the support role is the most diverse, I mean people bring in Brand, MF, and Singed for support and it can work out. However, Riot itself doesn't rewards supports enough. It seems harder for us to get an S+ than the other hyper-carry roles. Also, the main champion pool of supports have remained widely untouched other than Soraka being gutted and Alistar being nerfed/buffed here and there and also a few others. I would really like to see a new support champion and a rewarding system for supports in ranked games. If anything goes wrong in a game, it usually is blamed on either the support or jungler, which sucks ass.
passıon (NA)
: If You Wrote a Novel Based On a Champion? Who Would Have the Best One?
Kindred, in my opinion, would fit perfectly for a novel. I 1000000% agree with you. I also think that a novel on the relationship between Katarina and Garen would be like a forbidden love story :P
: Zodiac Skin Ideas
Why not Nami for pisces or aquarius?
: Everyone knows how to deal with {{champion:53}} in theory, but he's just such an ASSHOLE that i ban him whenever I support because I don't wanna deal with his shit
i main support and i also know how to dodge his pulls and shit, but holy HELL is it especially annoying when i have no wards up and blitz is just sitting in a bush or i cant ward a bush bc blitz is sitting in it and i dont wanna risk getting blindly pulled while warding
Rioter Comments
DustDR (NA)
: Next Pool Party Skin
pool party nami would make sense XD
: Patch Chat with Playtest Team - 6.13
1. How do you feel about the Lulu buff? 2. After the Irelia/Vlad nerf, which top lane champs do you think would be at advantage? 3. As a support main, I'm curious to know which supports you think are strongest in this patch.

Elon Musky

Level 87 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion