ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: Diana @Riot Zhanos
So I feel there's an issue with this post not because your complaint is invalid But because the video you put in the topic post is clearly a bug and not the mechanic The video in the topic post is "I flashed during my ult and my ult cooldown was reset"; which is very clearly not how that should work, because you moved distance from your ult, so the ult was casted. The dummy doesn't have the moonlight debuff; there is no reason for a flash mid-R to reset the cooldown of R. That is clearly a bug. Now, if they're removing the (optionally Flash into) R+Q max range thing and that's your complaint then your video doesn't show that that's what's being done and I agree that removing that is kind of ridiculous for a "bug fix" note.
Rioter Comments
: My favorite part of Sylas is how people deny him being overloaded, because he has to be for his kit to work. The man has a knock up, slow, aoe, waveclear, a dash, a shield, a heal, an execute, and a solid 401K plan from his job. I get he needs a knock up so he can use Yasuo ult, but a heal? Really? Why? Why a shield? Why a dash? Why can't his E just have the second effect the first time? Don't forget this man can take ANY ULT in the game and give it an AP scaling because...reasons. All those champs with bad AP scaling because they have high base damage and kits that are meant to utilize other stats? You know, {{champion:63}} with his liandry's DoT, {{champion:31}} who is supposed to go tanky with maybe 1 AP item, {{champion:79}} the tanky champ with maybe an AP item but here's a high base damage just in case. Yeah Sylas just takes those and fucking nukes with them, but that's fine because he's melee (except for his Q which lets him poke and CS from a safe distance).
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nVUz9W3u,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-06-26T03:06:16.017+0000) >because they have high base damage and kits that are meant to utilize other stats? You know, {{champion:63}} with his liandry's DoT, {{champion:31}} who is supposed to go tanky with maybe 1 AP item, {{champion:79}} the tanky champ with maybe an AP item but here's a high base damage just in case. Yeah Sylas just takes those and fucking nukes with them, Okay the **actual** sentence here is... blatantly wrong, even if the *mood and result* is right. Sylas copies whatever AP scaling the ultimate has. If it actually has bad AP scaling, Sylas uses it and it has bad AP scaling. The *problem* comes in that **the ultimates** of these characters *don't actually have* awful AP scalings, because instead a large portion of their AP scaling is loaded *into these ultimates*, which-- as said-- have good bases because they're for tanky-types. And then Sylas plays roulette with it and throws out two massive tank ults in a single teamfight, because Hijack has a 20 second **base** cooldown.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jesus is Savior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dN0LIMQk,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T09:53:08.828+0000) > > k lol good that you agree you're airing bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dN0LIMQk,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T09:59:34.743+0000) > > good that you agree you're airing bullshit. Me personally, I do actually take advantage of the FCT to help me build items / adjust my strategy for approaching fights based on what items I've already decided to build. I can't relate to the blue numbers being hard to read though, because for me the outline is enough to make them pop out. I did notice the crit thing, and it's absolutely intolerable.
: yea bro, this isn't a bug. You walked over 2 traps, and then got Jhin w'd which would proc his 3 spells of electrocute as it was within 6 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=jaawe2654,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=5hcMz9iq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-09T02:52:13.198+0000) > > yea bro, this isn't a bug. You walked over 2 traps, and then got Jhin w'd which would proc his 3 spells of electrocute as it was within 6 seconds. The electrocute proc happens when Sylas walks over the second trap, not when he is hit by Deadly Flourish: https://puu.sh/DDvZ0/28b17ca5a4.png https://puu.sh/DDvYe/f5b5a66cec.png https://puu.sh/DDvZE/7fe6ceb517.png
: Yasuo getting placed out of turret range is a gameplay inconsistency.
I think the important difference is that Yasuo has a dash-then-channel. Warwick, I think, is the only other character with a dash-then-channel ability. Only these two don't have a choice after they use the button to not channel. They get stuck in place with no hope of movement (I think Warwick can cancel his ultimate with movement, actually, but when would you ever do that). The safety net effect on it is more or less the same as Kai'Sa's Killer Instinct, except the player isn't given choice. It just automatically doesn't put you in stupid locations. I do think it would be nice if the player decided where it put them, but I don't see an issue with the turret avoidance because it's basically just auto-giving you the thing that you would usually pick if you had a choice on where to end up. Almost-- at least, I can't think of counterexamples-- every other ability that is 'slow' the way that Yasuo's Last Breath is has some other quality that makes that slowness not a huge impediment. For example, Zed's Death Mark pops him into untargetability while he's going through its comparatively long animation, so he can't get shot by a turret anyway. Twisted Fate's Destiny / Gate has **5500** range on its recast. Karthus's Requiem is supported by his Death Defied and castable even if he's sitting in his fountain. The closest abilities that I can think of are Neeko's Pop Blossom and Yuumi's Final Chapter, but Pop Blossom has very high base damage, 120% AP scaling, she can hide the wind-up, and has a stun-- in contrast I don't have enough experience seeing Yuumi to say much objective about it. So while I do agree that Yasuo's ultimate isn't consistent in that regard, it's justifiable since the alternatives are so obviously awful. Such as-- Making Last Breath Single target ► You remove team combo and one of the funnest moments (multiman Q->R). Making the teleport point fixed ► Now the exact angle that you're at before ulting matters, which makes it very frustrating to use. Making the teleport point cursor-dependent ► This seems to be the best, though it comes at cost of skill floor.
: If you could remove ONE summoner spell, which one would it be?
Flash. It's uninteresting when one option is so obviously the best that everyone runs it. Ergo, it's my first canidate for removal. It makes the choice less interesting: You basically don't pick two summoner spells, you choose only one outside of rare circumstances. And, for most junglers, it means you pick zero, since you have to bring smite. So while it would likely require plenty of adjustment to enable its removal, it would be the first thing I would dispose of for sure.
: is ahri a noob trap champion?
The difference between "noob trap" and "bad", I feel, is being muddied. With Ahri, you have to make sure that you _take advantage of what you have_. And what you have includes a 1.4 second hard CC with a really manageable cost on a 12 second cooldown. You could fish for a pick-- even alone, you can blow through half their health, and your innate gives you enough speed to bolt out. Alternatively, if that never happens, you've got three dashes that do plenty of damage: __Dive in with them__. _Failing_ at these judgments is what makes so many Ahri players I see flounder. Orb's mana cost is a little high, yeah, but it's not unbearable if you just go with Manaflow Band and only cast when it gets you multiple CS or good poke-- Orb + Auto kills casters starting comparatively early if you're able to get started (say, with a Blasting Wand). The way I found that fixes these, if you're not confident? Build Health. Rod of Ages in particular has been my favorite for ages. Buy a Sheen-- yeah, it's not that great-- and *practice optimizing it*. That play pattern is very important, you don't want to just offload everything instantly because you've got the ability to _wait and see_, and that's very useful.
Rioter Comments
: For those who hate the Windwall, what would you do for Yasuo instead?
Duration 4 -> 2 seconds. I think that **if** it was a shorter ability, it would be fine, or that if it was less ridiculous it would be fine. I'm, however, attached to making the duration shorter, because it changes none of the actually fun parts of playing as / against Yasuo (timing it well, baiting the wall, and so on), and also doesn't make it awkward or clunky ("doesn't block ultimates" / "breaks after X spells"-- how do you treat ie. Corki ult or ie. Taliyah Q). Every suggestion I see creates a lot of knowledge problems that make the ability feel very muddied. One of the strengths of the design-- and the design for a lot of the characters-- is how boiled down you can condense their kits without losing much.
: The fact that in the clip you killed him from full HP because you happened to land 1 ability with an extremely short cooldown makes me sick to watch. especially since you don't even get punished by being under turret.
> [{quoted}](name=Sebastit7d,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-20T03:53:55.017+0000) > > The fact that in the clip you killed him from full HP because you happened to land 1 ability with an extremely short cooldown makes me sick to watch. especially since you don't even get punished by being under turret. He *is* 3-0; this is (unfortunately) not substantially different from most assassins and carries against a target that isn't building a single defensive item (Karthus has two Lost Chapters, a Blasting Wand, a Doran's Ring, Boots of Speed, and a Refillable Potion; versus Doran's Blade, Statikk Shiv, Cape of Agility, and Berserker's Greaves).
: Its about where the cursor is when you ult, Yas R is a circular AOE that targets any airborne champion inside it, yasuo will be placed at the location of the cursor in the center of the circle. It is controlled by the player.
> [{quoted}](name=Tr4shB4NSYST3M,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oKyuH2gO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T03:51:01.582+0000) > > Its about where the cursor is when you ult, Yas R is a circular AOE that targets any airborne champion inside it, yasuo will be placed at the location of the cursor in the center of the circle. It is controlled by the player. You can actually see in the clip that the cursor is way far away since he just used Sweeping Blade on a minion that's to the north-east of Karthus, he gets put on the south-west side.
: > [{quoted}](name=Elphrihaim,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6P4RXmUM,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T06:21:21.737+0000) > > It's easy enough to make it work: > > Players that let themselves be autofilled can choose if they want to play with players that got guaranteed their positions or not. You do realize playing support or autofill (either intentionally or not) already gives you autofill protection for the next few games, right? >In seriousness; I agree that it's not going to change it too much. I wish we had better ways of selecting our roles-- for example, picking 3 roles or picking Fill but Not X would be extraordinarily helpful for many players even if there are quite the large number who would do "anything but support" if the option exists. I would love having that option. Unfortunately, you're probably right about Support getting shafted. I imagine Jungle would too, since when I queue autofill, those seem to to be the two positions I most often get.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6P4RXmUM,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T13:28:09.008+0000) > > You do realize playing support or autofill (either intentionally or not) already gives you autofill protection for the next few games, right? That was supposed to be the point of the third line but I messed it up. :(
: > [{quoted}](name=banana boy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6P4RXmUM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-26T02:09:08.286+0000) > > Here's my proposal: > Have two different queues, one with the possibility of autofill and the other with guaranteed positions. > > 1 - Guaranteed > This will take longer, but will get one of your two positions guaranteed. > > 2 - Autofill > You can choose two positions you WANT to have, but any position could be assigned to you. Therefore, queue times will be shorter. Yeah, most likely that most people are going to go Guaranteed and the people that do go autofill will get autofilled to supp every single fucking game which I don't think would work.
> [{quoted}](name=MessyStuff,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6P4RXmUM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-02-27T05:33:53.627+0000) > > Yeah, most likely that most people are going to go Guaranteed and the people that do go autofill will get autofilled to supp every single fucking game which I don't think would work. It's easy enough to make it work: Players that let themselves be autofilled can choose if they want to play with players that got guaranteed their positions or not. Then, anyone who is sick of that can just flag it off and it works fine again. :)^ In seriousness; I agree that it's not going to change it too much. I wish we had better ways of selecting our roles-- for example, picking 3 roles or picking Fill but Not X would be extraordinarily helpful for many players even if there are quite the large number who would do "anything but support" if the option exists. In my friend group, like, two of us play everything, and the rest all hate one or two roles-- so they feel like they can't pick fill unless they're queued with someone else and they swap.
Salron (NA)
: They already did that with her past skins though? I'm pretty sure they're over that design philosophy
> [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FnJEEfuH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-23T17:25:30.480+0000) > > They already did that with her past skins though? > I'm pretty sure they're over that design philosophy No. Her old skins were considered for having the orb change colours, but they changed it to be always blue when passive not ready and always green when passive ready. Dauntless/Challenger Ahri has the biggest change to her orb with having two violet swirls around it. The others always have a blue or cyan orb. Popstar and Foxfire really would benefit from changing the color some, and to a lesser degree Arcade and KDA want it to be more purple in the base state.
: I just don't get why RIOT has never decided to simply REMOVE a mechanic from Yasuo
> ungodly tilted trades due to free no effort shields And low defenses outside of it and a nearly stationary wall. And nearly no ability to build tankiness because of the rest of his needs (Innate, Q, R, specifically-- **must** build Critical Strike Chance and **must** build Attack Speed and **must** build Attack Damage). Admittedly this falls apart with gold income because of current Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, Death's Dance, and Ravenous Hydra, but when was the last time you saw 5 items on a Yasuo before the game was decided? > 50% bonus armor pen on a 2k range ult because.....why not? It's 1400 range. Just a hair more than sight (1200). It requires a knock up to be used before it. It only happens on Criticals. > double crit because... He wouldn't be effective with out it... Same reason why Fiora gets %HP True Damage. Melee carries have to do more damage per item than ranged ones otherwise they're useless (because they have to also get in melee and survive in melee)... > Unlimited dashes because why shouldn't he get 6 free dashes per minion wave? He needs to get in and stay in melee somehow. You could replace it with, say, a charge system (Aatrox E, old Akali R, Corki R), or a recast system (Ahri R, current Akali R, Jhin R), or a cooldown reduction effect (Fiora Q, Kindred Q-in-W, Zed W-from-E). But you'd have to keep some way of letting him get in and stay in melee, and the current iteration of Steel Tempest doesn't do either of these things and I can't imagine anyone wanting to buff it. > three directional immunity to ranged missiles that last basically half a teamfight I can't defend Wind Wall's ~4 second duration, but he has to survive in melee somehow. If not this, you have to give him a heal or other way of reducing incoming damage. > faster cooldowns with attack speed because...Why should he waste gold on CDR... I can't defend this one; actually it doesn't make tons of sense. It's technically only on his Q, though (His E just doesn't have a real cooldown).
: > [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aUo0H8U,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-28T01:29:05.406+0000) > > to be fair... nerfs like this literally pushed a dominant jungler like Graves into barely playable. You shouldn't underestimate something like that lol. Lucian's slightly higher base stats are what make him playable. It's not like he has 20 more attack damage than other adcs. The actual fuck am I reading rn
> [{quoted}](name=Neptunia xoxo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3aUo0H8U,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-28T05:08:08.230+0000) > > The actual fuck am I reading rn A misleading piece of information established from lack of understanding of a character innate. (Graves's Base AD going down by 3 means, due to New Destiny, that his basic attacks deal 4.2 less damage at level 1 and 6 less damage at level 18, and his Critical Strikes deal 7.8 to 11.2 less damage respectively. Is it still a comparatively small nerf? Yes, but it can easily add up.)
Antenora (EUW)
: Armor Stat Shard should go up to 8 armor. MR armor shard should go up to 9 MR. We never got compensated for the 12 MR 99.9% of champions used to take in the old rune system.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zw6hE6EY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-22T15:00:21.466+0000) > > We never got compensated for the 12 MR 99.9% of champions used to take in the old rune system. Rangeds did! Their MR growth went from 0 to 0.5, giving them 8.5 of that 12 over time. Couple this with the HP increases and it worked out mostly okay. Melees, though, got 1.9? MR at level 1 and i think that was it. Except for, like, Talon, who got 8 more MR? For some reason.
: Ah, thanks for reminding me that old Karma was just as boring as this one: Q: Dull AOE damage with spell vamp. W: A speed/slow/damage boost in something that isn't a circle AOE. (Wow) E: ....did you seriously intend for that to sound as boring as you did?
> [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=TkiBEVYV,comment-id=00290001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-24T23:47:57.622+0000) > > Ah, thanks for reminding me that old Karma was just as boring as this one: "Boring" was not the critical argument and therefore is totally irrelevant. Anything, when summarized at this level, sounds boring. Furthermore, you have gotten the objective facts wrong (Her old Q never had absorption from damage being dealt). You're not _doing_ anything here with this! You're _just wasting your time_. Save yourself the exhaustion and go read some LPs instead, it'd be more entertaining and equally productive as arguing with the walls you're going to get here.
: To your points: * Ideally, it would work with all resources. Honestly, that's a bit tricky to implement to cover all future resources. It doesn't give energy right now because energy refund is honestly quite powerful - a lot of champion's burst windows are balanced around a certain energy pool, and Karma being able to freely donate that might create some incredibly powerful picks that overshadow most others. * The objection to bonus root in favor of something else (like damage) is fair, and I think a matter of taste on the skill. I know folks who don't really know its there, some folks who really like how strong it is, and some folks who don't care for it. * The issue is that pre 5.10 Karma's R-E was a pretty large part of her power budget already, in not a great way to meet our goals around diverse Mantra choices. We'd likely need to significantly nerf it past where it was. I really enjoy her shield bomb as well as a spell, but at the end of the day, I can't sacrifice the thing that a lot of current Karma players really enjoy for my own preferences.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot NeuroCat,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=TkiBEVYV,comment-id=0032000100020000,timestamp=2018-10-24T21:57:53.344+0000) > > * The issue is that pre 5.10 Karma's R-E was a pretty large part of her power budget already, in not a great way to meet our goals around diverse Mantra choices. We'd likely need to significantly nerf it past where it was. **I really enjoy her shield bomb as well as a spell, but at the end of the day, I can't sacrifice the thing that a lot of current Karma players really enjoy for my own preferences.** I, personally, based on sheer number of times that it gets brought up, can't help but wonder:, in response to the bolded: Is it not the case that a large number of people want that mechanic back too? Mostly, from my understanding (and please, correct me! I know nothing!) the people who appreciate the ability treat it mostly as though it is Shurelya's Reverie, occasionally with a dash of Locket of the Iron Solari. It's only used to get the team in or out of a spot they don't want to be: Which is something that is made absurdly powerful by communication, even across a duo-- but a single player is hopeless. Now, to something related I have at least some (likely naïve) understanding of: >E - Inspire >Grants an ally movespeed and a shield. >Mantra - Defiance: Grants the target bonus shields. Other nearby allies split X% of the shield and movespeed between them. In my opinion, this creates the issue you stated you wanted to reduce. I now want to specifically try and _not_ affect my allies with my shield, because of the speed buff being lowered: Ashe/Ezreal/Malzahar doesn't need speed as much as Nasus/Olaf/Renekton does, and the otherwise agnostic "everyone gets the same speed" removed that sort of absurd optimization check. The sort of optimization that is much more easily done the more communication you have with your team, the more incredibly specific knowledge that they have of who you are playing. With this change, I'm trying to get my team to not cluster and to cluster at different times, depending on the exact specific circumstances, and I need my allies to know the ranges of both the cast and the share area, which is just bringing it closer to the same annoyance that her original tether ability was claimed by many to be.
: ...you don’t see the generic circle dmg/slow poke attack? ...you don’t see the obligatory root/cc in every mage ever? ...you don’t see the mundane shield? Lux is just Karma done right. Instead of this gimmicky tether and “no ult” nonsense. It’s like they took Lux and tried to mess around with her kit to make it minorly different to make Karma, but didn’t realize how dull the entire kit was. Riots tried to make this work for years. It hasn’t. Maybe there’s a reason why?
> [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=TkiBEVYV,comment-id=002900010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-24T22:48:39.117+0000) > >Instead of this gimmicky tether and “no ult” nonsense. It’s like they took Lux and tried to mess around with her kit to make it minorly different to make Karma, but didn’t realize how dull the entire kit was. Karma (as originally released in early 2011) has the reversing for her Q and E abilities: Q is a damage cone, that gains healing. E is a target shield, that gains damage. Though, W is a... something, and I'm not really sure how to describe that, but I think my point is made. Then her rework ruins this but keeps the idea of promoting the concepts (new W healing from old Q healing, E haste from old W haste, Q explode from old E explode). I'm really not seeing how this line of thought that you're going with-- Making an incredibly dumb point by reducing things to absurd minutiae-- is supposed to curry favor with others such that your idea has traction.
: Fighter Champion (WIP)
>(P) Upgrade (not rank-up) an ability at levels 1/6/11/16. Can't upgrade the same ability at levels 1 and 6. It's Syndra/Viktor/Kha'Zix. We know this can be really fun. It's definitely a worthy innate. >(Q) Damage and slightly knock back enemies in ???. >+: Doubles range of ???, >++: Performs a second attack in a small cone 0.5 seconds after the first. What AoE type is the base form of the move? I express a similar concern to thetreenugut but in the opposite form: I get an augmentation point at Level 1, why would I ever not put it in this ability? It seems like a tool that would never be skipped, and in my opinion those are less enjoyable. >(W) Self-Shield >+: Selfhaste, more shields, >++: Heal for base amount if shield not broken. I personally feel like this needs to do something at base or get more with its upgrades? Since only four upgrades can be picked from per match, would I really pick these over doubling my possible Q damage and having an extra dash on my E? Self-healing has tended to matter less and definitely would matter less if you're not taking enough damage for the shield to end up broken. >(E) Dash, damage, and Brittle enemies you pass through. >+: Adds a slow to enemies hit, >++: Adds a second charge. I love the simplicity of these buttons, though the second dash seems way more useful than a _lot_ of things available- Is it a "recast" like Slice / Dice, Spirit Rush, Joust-- or charges like Excessive Force, old Shadow Dash, Void Rift? >(R) For next 10 seconds, all CDs -40% and Mana Costs -50%. This is a really strong ultimate-- I assume it works like the Brink augment and that you don't have to R before cast abilities, but you can cast it after your first ability or two and still get the boon. -- Overall, though; for a fighter I feel like having no lasting CC before E's upgrade is going to be quite painful-- but that's not really a _problem_ so much as a nicely defined weakness, is it. I like each button this kit has, personally.
: Why Safe League Players Will Never Climb and Why Feeders Determine 94% of Games
Ten month old thread. Everything is exactly precisely still the same. Hm.
Ætheist (NA)
: Seles, the "Steam Maiden" [Champion Rough Draft]
One thing--really, the only thing-- that concerns me is the nearly absent rank up reward for E. Since they were used as examples in explanation already, I'll point to Relentless Pursuit and Quickdraw, but also add in Arcane Shift, Valkyrie, Distortion, Leap, and Spinning Slash: Collectively, they are "Dash and" abilities. (I know, Arcane Shift is a blink-type, but shhh.) Their _base functionality_, being _able to dash_, is improved with ability rank, no questions: Their cooldowns decrease. Their "ands" either do damage (not Graves/Lucian) or support the ability (Graves/Lucian). They both have the cooldown reduced on auto _and give you_ an auto (Graves directly, Lucian Lightslinger-wise). Lucian's lowers in mana cost as well, so you can dash more (cost) on top of dashing more (cooldown). Graves's gives him defensive stats and its cooldown decreases much faster when he's up close, thusly enabling him to dash more (cooldown) by letting him not die. It does create a really _fun_ synergy with R (E-dash, take a hit, E-dash, R-dash, take a hit, E-dash) but that's really all that that has, and that doesn't really work until rank 3 or 4 at minimum since the reset amount is % based (not double-dipping your CDR). There are, though, quite a few abilities with similarly small rank up incentives, so, really, this wall of words might as well amount to >¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Something that rewards you dash-wise for using the kit would be all that belongs there-- you could make it something like "Damaging more than one enemy with your other abilities reduces the cooldown" instead of / in addition to the Steam Ballast-based reset to give it that synergy. (Also for how well-seen this is I'm surprised that nobody else commented.)
Vekkna (NA)
: I've said it before and I'll say it again. The vast majority of reworks since the Juggernaut patch have either been total botch-jobs or created more problems than they solved. My biggest bitch is that so much of the new shit is either input-heavy micro-skill checks or shackled to some tedious/cancerous gimmick. Examples: {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:555}}
> [{quoted}](name=Vekkna,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8QWrRuai,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-16T22:29:39.200+0000) > > My biggest bitch is that so much of the new shit is either input-heavy micro-skill checks or shackled to some tedious/cancerous gimmick. Examples: I don't have much disagreement with your general point, but I fail to understand-- What are these for Gangplank, Illaoi, Katarina, Mordekaiser, and Taliyah? Gangplank's Powder Kegs don't seem either input-heavy nor cancerous to me and they're the only addition. Illaoi's Test of Spirit might be tedious on part of the opponent, but I don't see how it's really different from other high payoff skillshots (the best example being Morgana's Dark Binding). You get caught and then suffer? And when playing as her, you do get stuck with having to deal with the similarly annoying get-these-tentacles-where-you-wanted-them as a result of her passive. Katarina's dagger pickup is input heavy, but she always was due to the nature of low cooldowns with resets--- so I don't see how it is _different_ (I also don't play Katarina). Mordekaiser, I can only think of Children of the Grave as fitting the cancerous definition here, but that one wasn't new, so I completely fail to see how it qualifies. Taliyah has her Q rings, which are obnoxious to work with, but I can't imagine that alone being a qualifier, since champions you _haven't_ listed have interactions not dissimilar though often on smaller scales like Ivern, Kindred, Swain, Thresh, Alistar, Aurelion Sol, Bard, Gnar?
SSmotzer (NA)
: Why not make a new champion that has what people liked about old Aatrox, while stripping away the problematic elements? Which was mostly the satisfying slam of Dark Flight, everything else about old Aatrox was kinda bad.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JLYJyc9v,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-13T17:18:34.389+0000) > > everything else about old Aatrox was kinda bad. -Reverse cone AoE from Blades of Torment, letting it both be consistent in melee and an interesting skillshot at range -The base decision set in Blood Thirst / Blood Price, even if the execution was usually "if HP >50-70% use Blood Price when fighting champions" -Temporarily having 325 melee auto attack range, gives a lot of good feel to the player -Hellbent's trigger condition-- it actually creates interactivity and makes you make decisions due to draining to 0 when leaving combat after it filled. -Revive gated by not just a cooldown, giving the enemy a way to deny your resuscitation These are all pretty fun / interesting
: no, it's trolling. when their laner is 7/2, we have a jg who quits, and everyone else is getting shitstomped due to lanes roaming, denying the surrender is trolling. NA players are so dumb i swear. "NEVER SURRENDER BRO WE CAN STILL WIN YOU JUST GOTTA BE STRESSED ABOUT GETTING STOMPEDFOR 40 MINS AND HOPE THEY FUCK UP BIGTIME" We were down 14 kills to 1 by 15 minutes. so seriously, shut the fuck up and stop talking about a situation like you were there
> [{quoted}](name=PlebonicEbonic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T16:21:04.587+0000) > > We were down 14 kills to 1 by 15 minutes. so seriously, shut the fuck up and stop talking about a situation like you were there Yes, this combined with everyone else on the team voting yes makes it a bit of a troll to not surrender. Being down 10 kills is survivable depending on if all those 10 kills are on the same player because then the gold gained from them is actually pretty heavily reduced (It's something like 300 -> 275 -> 225 -> 175 for the kill and at 8th consecutive death is 50g).
: Who is best girl GD?
Best _girl_? I assume _girl_ is exclusive of adult women, so I will say _Fran_, from _Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita_, because she is supremely cute, relatable (she's a slave at start), and acts like a precious little child that you want to give many headpats to. If we're including adult women then I am obligated to change my vote to _Playable Caster Tamamo-no-Mae_ from _Fate/Extra_, because she's so ridiculous and earnest and _absolutely adorable_ all the time.
CLG ear (NA)
: I don't play Fire Emblem how did Lyndis become my waifu??
>[Worst Brad Japan, EUW](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/EwobhJk6-i-dont-play-fire-emblem-how-did-lyndis-become-my-waifu?comment=0001) > ☑ big boobs > ☑ thicc legs - >[Jamaree](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/EwobhJk6-i-dont-play-fire-emblem-how-did-lyndis-become-my-waifu?comment=000100000001) > > [Lyn] has big tits This isn't true. Her actual period OA is very much about slenderness. >[Audhulma](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/EwobhJk6-i-dont-play-fire-emblem-how-did-lyndis-become-my-waifu?comment=0001000000000000000000000000) >If you want an idea of how drastically different this quantity of backstory is to modern games, I've got the official art book for FE:Awakening, and roughly 30% of that thing is a log of all support conversations. Counterpoint: The average **quality** is wildly disparate between these, you have multiple examples of entire C through A support chains with zero development because it's just the characters's quirks hitting eachother. 1,000 lines of text can fail to tell stories that 10 lines manage to tell; quantity does not matter in the slightest. Not, of course, to say that the older supports do not do this, because they totally do, it's just that _proportionately fewer_ do, and therefore I highly disagree that **quantity** matters at all. >[CLG ear](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/EwobhJk6-i-dont-play-fire-emblem-how-did-lyndis-become-my-waifu) >I don't play Fire Emblem how did Lyndis become my waifu?? To answer this properly, you've only observed her in isolation of her story; and therefore only see the adorable/beautiful/insert adjective that you like here sides. As the other users have described, you have seen the (in my opinion incorrectly) accentuated features she has and decided that you find it attractive in some way. You don't see the murderous bloodhound that desires to see certain (bandit) armies "trampled before [her] as twigs beneath a stallion's hooves". This revenge is Lyndis's primary motivation, and it is something she... well, spoilers? I'm not sure if "here, have real reasons to like this character" falls under the scope of the question.
: Let's talk about Riot's balance team, and the direction of the game (Warning, long post)
Generally I agree with particularly the gameplay (visual/audio cues as well as actual numbers) points. I don't really see an issue, per se, with the lore being less woven and more about This is X, This is Y, this is Z. Gameplay quibbling: I've never seen anybody complain about Ekko, Katarina, Kayn, Kled, or Kindred _mobility_. Only ever things like how much tankiness _and_ mobility they have (and thus unkillability), while also being able to do damage; at least in the cases of Ekko, Katarina, and Kayn. I have legitimately never seen a single complaint about anything from Kled that wasn't how his innate works. Furthermore on Kled, his ultimate is a dash but you didn't include it in the list. Aesthetic quibbling: while the particles are less obvious and poppy now, they're mostly not less visible individually from what I can tell, but they're all being spammed out at once. The readability, in my opinion, goes to hell only because we get 6-8 champions all throwing out all the abilities they can in the span of 2 seconds. But (as the Shen video shows), people used to be more inclined to space out their spells and therefore have less visual clutter.
: Therefor the double crit passive icnreases it, so not much of a net loss, and stormrazors 100% crit has a strong interaction with it
> [{quoted}](name=Sire Hippington,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6KLpKlcH,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-06T21:10:11.744+0000) > > Therefor the double crit passive icnreases it, so not much of a net loss, and stormrazors 100% crit has a strong interaction with it But you can't get the 60% bonus heal, only the 40%-- so even though you'll get 100% sooner, you won't get that amount of extra healing per proc.
: It's becoming more clear nothing short making ADCs unplayable will please many on Boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Shylien,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tz5seAFE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-04T22:54:16.283+0000) > - Nerfs to ADC tankiness? Done; ADCs lost armor and HP regen exchange for like 70 more HP at level 11 on average? I checked numbers. Tankiness of ADC is increased by ~2% assuming they build zero non-HP defensive items, don't lifesteal, and are losing 100% of their health to Physical Damage at level 18. Naturally, until about Lv 11, the -5 Armor is pretty significant because you don't have enough raw HP to make up for it...when you're taking physical damage. Furthermore, having Armor and Lifesteal is naturally synergetic, so that 2% is going to be decreased as you heal up. That's a number partially offset by the -2.25 HP/5, mind, but that's often pretty negligible in the first place if memory serves. When taking magic damage, it's a straight buff, and since most poke spells in the game are magic damage it just further grants the class resilience against these effects when they already had plenty (lifesteal). I mean, it's not really a nerf to tankiness is all. If the ADC builds any non-HP defensive items it's a huge efficiency increase since they've got 60 to 70 more HP at level 11 which is an increase of around 6%. I'm mostly blathering on so tl;dr; a) Lv <6, ADC is less tanky. (-8 to -3% damage needed to kill) b) Lv >6, ADC is about as tanky. (-4 to +3% damage needed to kill) c) Lv >11, ADC is tankier. (-1 to +7% damage needed to kill)
: I'm keeping my feet dug as deep into the ground as they were in patch 5.2 - she shouldn't have an MS boost _period._ She didn't need it before, and doesn't need it now. It has no thematic sense, or reason to exist on a champion who is already mobile enough without it.
> [{quoted}](name=Keevalroy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pas3ncwJ,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-04-28T00:47:15.134+0000) > > I&#x27;m keeping my feet dug as deep into the ground as they were in patch 5.2 - she shouldn&#x27;t have an MS boost _period._ She didn&#x27;t need it before, and doesn&#x27;t need it now. I agree. > It has no thematic sense, I disagree. It makes perfect thematic sense for a trickster to be able to slip away from being close / in danger. > or reason to exist on a champion who is already mobile enough without it. I agree.
: She feels so much better now, but I still hate that they just HAD to include a speed boost. I'd much rather they kill it completely, remove the heal passive from her Q, and move it back to her passive slot with the previous heal version. Yeah, I'm gonna be pretty picky about that part, but overall, I'm both amazed and thankful they would even consider something like this after 3 years of people like me screaming at them to revert her. Also, I'd like to point out to Riot that as they continue to revert champion reworks, the champion communities' responses are overwhelmingly positive...maybe something to think about, hmm? More to come perhaps? Maybe your gameplay direction actually isn't as loved and successful as you believe it is?
> [{quoted}](name=Keevalroy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pas3ncwJ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-04-27T15:38:23.352+0000) > She feels so much better now, but I still hate that they just HAD to include a speed boost. I&#x27;d much rather they kill it completely, remove the heal passive from her Q, and move it back to her passive slot with the previous heal version. My salt personally is that her movespeed isn't attached to her _W_-- you know, the button that rewards you for being close to enemies?
Crocele (NA)
: i am loving the new ahri
For the first time in ages I don't feel like fox-fire is fighting me on who I want to kill. I have a reason to rank the button before level 8 again. I really don't see the point in her innate as it stands because I have literally not seen it ever matter outside of the first 3-4 minutes in over 50 games i've seen.
: You realize he hasn't played the game at all the past 6 months, right? You're agreeing with an internet troll... I just double checked his match history, I mean I knew he couldn't have played that much since he is only level 30 and was ranked in season 6, but no. He LITERALLY has played no games this season. The post is complete BS.
> [{quoted}](name=Altonius Amakiir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qyXlql3G,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-04-27T04:01:34.178+0000) > > You realize he hasn&#x27;t played the game at all the past 6 months, right? You&#x27;re agreeing with an internet troll... I must disagree with the likelihood of your assessment because it is not unlikely at all that the player uses a separate account for conversations on boards from the one they tend to play with
Stacona (NA)
: Ico, the Secret in the Freljord
P: Hitting minions does true damage, crits don't deal bonus damage, how does that work Also 300% AD on an auto, every auto. Sure, melee with no dash and can't crit, but true damage. True > Phys when Armor > 150 after IE. 300% AD scaling means with just two or three items you're probably going to be able to kill anything bar feast-fed Cho'Gath or Dr. Mundo in the span of moments. This is ignoring the fact that 200% AP is also ridiculous and further begs a Rageblade. >immune to displacements This is still completely 100% unacceptable an effect and completely unchanged in badness. Q: it's a huge slow, on a marksman. in a really wide cone. yeah, no damage, but that would let them get closer to range for instant-kill autos. W: huge ap scaling per auto healing. i guess that's nice? when you say 800 range does that mean that the field is an 800 radius field ala trundle's frozen domain, or that the cast range is 800 and the field is smaller (if so how large is field) E: perpetual alistar ultimate after you get 40% CDR, nearly no way she'd _fail_ to survive long enough to get in melee R: and just in case you can't get in melee let's make the entire enemy team get nearly in melee literally R -> Q -> auto, playing with a Sona or DIana or Jarvan or... anybody with large AoE CCs, even slows, and you autowin teamfights?
Azurify (NA)
: No, it's not. lmao. He's whining about matchmaking, a solution? Watch people who are good at his champions and stop being in bronze. he's gonna have to learn the hard way that even in plat you play with people you don't want to.
> [{quoted}](name=Azurify,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=REo7vhPv,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-24T14:28:14.880+0000) > > He&#x27;s whining about matchmaking, a solution? Watch people who are good at his champions and stop being in bronze. he&#x27;s gonna have to learn the hard way that even in plat you play with people you don&#x27;t want to. yyyeessss, this is a good way to improve. it's _still not what he's actually complaining about_, he's complaining that the matchmaking itself should be as fair as possible. "git gud" is actually not a valid response to "the game is matching me up against opponents that i have no chance of beating at my current skill level"
Azurify (NA)
: Literally a good tip of advice and I get downvoted into the ground. How in the hell do they think I got out of bronze?
> [{quoted}](name=Azurify,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=REo7vhPv,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-04-23T22:53:47.600+0000) > > Literally a good tip of advice and I get downvoted into the ground. How in the hell do they think I got out of bronze? It's a good piece of advice that is the antithesis of the purpose of the thread
: Sona, Maven of the Strings [Rework Concept]
I don't think this kit would be fun to play with because it has a huge portion of its power built around a thing that only activates while she's in-combat-- which is slightly at odds with having flat healing. But outside of that single case, I like it because it... succeeds both at being Sona-like and at actually incentivizing musical rhythm? also it completely 300% breaks sheen so I automatically call it best kit > Staccato from 40% increased damage to damage over time (still with respectable damage) This, however, is a blatant lie. 4 x (Level + 1) + 8% AP is not a respectable amount of damage. (but that's literally a numerical issue instead of an actual issue)
Stacona (NA)
: Kalista Conceptional Fan-Rework
>Kalista's rend >what makes her unique not, you know, having a bonded ally, or being able to hop after autos, but being able to explode stacks on an enemy the way VARUS and TWITCH already do? sure. _sure_. > but while in the middle of the hop it turns into an area skill shot nuke instead for waveclear purposes and add a skill mechanic to it that way. why? just.. why??? >Kalista's hop should be made simpler and easier to use, It's already the easiest thing in the world to use. use eyes until you understand the timing. then just do it over and over. >Sentinel feels absolutely terrible to use and feels like it does nothing. no it doesn't >Kalista can be made unique where her attacks are an attack damage ratio of like +50%AD, has a very high base attack speed and her attack speed cap is doubled to 5.000 attacks per second. Focusing on Kalista's identity all about quickly hopping to a location, jesus christ why the reason why her jumping becomes clunky is _because_ it stops working nicely at high AS thresholds **this would make this worse.** >Movement Speed: 325 units per second (but cannot move normally) >Martial Poise (Passive): Static Cooldown: 1 second immediately; Max Range: Current Movement Speed >Kalista cannot move and instead she can hop to her location, speed of her hops increases with her attack speed and how far she can hop is based on her current movement speed. If Kalista hops less than half the maximum distance then the time before she can hop again is halved. this is an even worse implementation. this is more clunky. this is horrible and removes a lot of elements of the game like _dodging skillshots_-- and, well, _aiming_ them too, for the enemy team (and this is something that the passive currently already does). >It would be cool if Kalista had the option to actually use her ultimate herself, no, it wouldn't, because being partnered with an ally is her thematic. >So let me know what you think of my ideas and offer feedback of what you like to see and improve the post for the future! your idea here is absolute garbage and the real best thing to do is to not destroy an identity when working on it >dealing more damage if my ally is melee because why not, leona's not strong enough >P.S. I put Kalista's slow on her Q instead of on Rend because it made no sense the other way no, it makes perfect sense Do I want to deal more damage later, or do I want to finish doing damage and get out safer? Can I risk staying here more?
Stacona (NA)
: Bell, the Judgement Tone
> Bell is a jungle mage that cannot be moved, at all, so she is immune to displacement effects, immune to slows, but this also means she is immune to movement increasing effects and bonus movement speed and immune to Flash (so she cannot select Ghost and Flash at all and cannot purchase boots), knock-ups are included for displacement effects since upwards displacement and Bell levitates and she is too heavy (its like trying to knock-up a very large building). this is literally not playable as far as the enemy team is concerned? some like.. seventy percent of CCs in the game she's immune to for some inexplicable reason. goodbye the entire point of having a tank with slows and knockabouts? additionally, 400 movespeed at level 1 means tons more mobility than every other champion in the game-- who needs a dash when you run 10+% faster? also goodbye interesting things like flash-to-fight and ghost and heal's movespeeds from making some things less repetitive also i assume they're immune to protobelt as well 10% enemy missing HP on a ~4 second base cooldown is good gameplay design in approximately no universe especially since it's a pretty decently sized cone AoE. though it _does_ require they be already impaired, you have W and E (9) for at least two procs and after you get CDR you can just QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ anything that doesn't build Adaptive Helm and has recovery access?
Stacona (NA)
: Misty, the Steam Engineer
always make QQE machine always stay near max distance just have machine run around and yeah, rely exclusively on the dashes for literally free damage rebuild machine whenever you want because you can do it every 11 seconds once you hit level 9 and it will have plenty of HP additionally, loljungle, 100% health clears (and an actual ability to gank with! it's not like old warwick)
FâgLord (EUW)
: True DMG reducing passive?
... It'd be horrible, because suddenly this button, whose entire point is "you always know how much damage this deals", no longer has that.
: Why is Rengar back ? dealing 80 million damage in 0.2 seconds again ?
To answer the question of the original post, it's simple! 0.25 seconds is realistically the same as 0.2 seconds as far as counter play capability goes. The revert to his Savagery just makes it so that he stabs you once instead of slashing and thrusting. Rengar still deletes you in the same amount of meaningful time once he gets ahead (before you can react if he gets to get up close). That's always been what he does, and the revert to knifestab cat had been constantly requested because the two slash strike was never particularly liked in his kit. It's a change that the players of the champion prefer that the people who don't play the champion shouldn't be caring about because it changes nothing: Rengar is in melee range of me, so I'm either already dead or in desperate need of my entire team to brutalize the cat before he can finish me off.
: 💬 C&C Discord -- [Information & Verification]
Hibeki (NA)
: RIP Swain 2018
> [{quoted}](name=Hibeki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a6ugRdJ9,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-24T00:32:49.082+0000) > Original ability mechanics? Gone. We Ashe W/Ahri Q/Blue trinket now boys. And this is different from the old kit *how*? The current kit is a targetted spell, AoE circle with delay, and a deploy-zone. Sure, Beatrice was not, but for non-waveclear purposes, she might as well have been just a DPS pool ala Tormented Soil. :|
: At max range? Granted it would take some terribly unfortunate positioning, but it's not impossible. Sleepy bubble into Q is like Blitz Q into the rest of his combo - you're on for the full ride most of the time, and it's gonna hurt. Quick and dirty math: Paddle star at 2 points does 36, +70, + .65AP. Sleepy bubble does 100 + .40AP and doubles the damage from the next spell A doran's Zoe would only have 15AP before runes. So - trouble bubble hits. 100 + (.4*15) or --106-- Paddle star hits. (36 + 70 + 10) base, or 116. At max range, we add 150% of that, so 174. If her passive is up, that adds 21. The final result is doubled due to trouble bubble. (116+174+21)*2 = 622 106 from the bubble, 622 from the doubled paddle star. If Bubble also caused an arcane comet to connect, that would be another (38+3) 41 damage Absolute worst case, that's 769 damage. Ouch.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qVqEMLEg,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T03:16:46.021+0000) > (36 + 70 + 10) base, or 116. At max range, we add 150% of that, so 174. If her passive is up, that adds 21. The final result is doubled due to trouble bubble. (116+174+21)*2 = 622 So while your math is good, Zoe's E does state *The doubled damage is capped at Sleepy Bubble Trouble's own damage.* So (116+174+21) = 311, which is capped at 106 in this example: Her damage totals to 564. However I think this more speaks to how horribly worded and phrased Zoe's E is in general, because "doubles the first instance of damage up to a cap" is countered by Zoe's own team buying sunfire cape\*. ######\*Except: it seems sunfire cape doesn't trigger it, which is mentioned nowhere: Plenty of other minor DoT/AoE effects can pop it such as Cassiopeia's Miasma, Morgana's Tormented Soil, Malzahar's Malefic Visions, Fiddlesticks's Drain...
Chermorg (NA)
: Remove Zoe E damage.
I'd personally rather remove the way that her E reveals the asleep target through fog of war; and the ramping up slow (because it effectively becomes a root after the first second if you don't have swifties anyway)-- as that way you (as Zoe) have to actually *use wards* to get kills instead of being able to operate at nearly 100% effectiveness without seeing anything at all, without placing any wards ever, etc. Removing the bubble apply damage would be cool too, but reducing her damage is treating the symptom instead of the source of the problem, in my opinion.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Elphrihaim

Level 180 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion