: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T07:34:51.300+0000) > > Damn, got me there. Kind of like how it's super easy to report smurfs because they legally have to admit to being smurfs if you ask. > > Also, on your next great point of "they should just play normals." I've literally never run into anyone outside of my rank. Never. Not once. It's a great idea. Can't believe I overlooked that. I've never in my life had a game in which I was on a team of bronze against 3 diamonds who were probably in a discord call that literally just stomped everyone except for my Jhin since I was rooting and running. That scenario has never happened. Ever. I promise. Normals puts you with people of your... skill level.. and doesn't put you with.. people who are going to win due to experience.. and it's a good environment to.. get an idea of your skill..? > > Except I don't know my rank since I can't play ranked so I can't tell if I'm good enough for ranked since I never played ranked and can't tell where my skill set puts me. > > All seriousness aside, my example was of a grown man who should clearly either play baseball professionally or with at least grown adults. I admitted to using drugs that would give me an advantage as well. I am not playing this sport to see how good I am, it's to be a jackass and win. If you didn't pick up on that part of the joke I'm very sorry. Wtf did I just read 0.0
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherFeeder,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T08:31:28.964+0000) > > Wtf did I just read 0.0 A very serious post that was not sarcastic at all. > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-11T08:19:06.963+0000) > > Different rank exists for a reason. It's so that people can play with others in their skill level. > On another game (CSGO) the smurf situation was so bad at a point that a friend of mine (who was much better at the game than I, as he was the 5th highest rank at a point) ended up getting placed barely above my rank after a rank reset.
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T06:40:17.061+0000) > > That's been my argument every time I try to play against people in little league baseball. If the kids want to win, they should just magically learn everything I know about baseball and not be as weak as kids. > The joke's on them because I'm also doping. So you are saying that low elo players are unable to learn new things, you are comparing physicaly and mentaly undeveloped little human to low elo players? If you are going to take grown up man who never played baseball(like me) and small children who have some experiences, I will probably get destroyed unless I'm going to hurt them with raw power. On the other hand I can probably quickly learn from them and eventually be better bcs I'm grown up. Now, in lowest elos(our kids in baseball) you aren't going to meet plat+ players(grown up person), unless they are trolling and as I said, you should create ticket for them. You said it, low elo players are undeveloped, with one exception from children, there isn't real barrier for them to learn it(as for kids, they can't just magicaly grow more muscles as you said), you want to learn warding, learn it from better player, you want to be better in farming, practice, you want to climb faster, pick one champ and learn him, learn wave management and like thousand of other things, nothing is holding these players from climbing expect themselves, if they don't want to improve, why should anyone care about them, they might as well play normals.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T06:59:26.277+0000) > > So you are saying that low elo players are unable to learn new things, you are comparing physicaly and mentaly undeveloped little human to low elo players? Damn, got me there. Kind of like how it's super easy to report smurfs because they legally have to admit to being smurfs if you ask. Also, on your next great point of "they should just play normals." I've literally never run into anyone outside of my rank. Never. Not once. It's a great idea. Can't believe I overlooked that. I've never in my life had a game in which I was on a team of bronze against 3 diamonds who were probably in a discord call that literally just stomped everyone except for my Jhin since I was rooting and running. That scenario has never happened. Ever. I promise. Normals puts you with people of your... skill level.. and doesn't put you with.. people who are going to win due to experience.. and it's a good environment to.. get an idea of your skill..? Except I don't know my rank since I can't play ranked so I can't tell if I'm good enough for ranked since I never played ranked and can't tell where my skill set puts me. All seriousness aside, my example was of a grown man who should clearly either play baseball professionally or with at least grown adults. I admitted to using drugs that would give me an advantage as well. I am not playing this sport to see how good I am, it's to be a jackass and win. If you didn't pick up on that part of the joke I'm very sorry.
: > [{quoted}](name=youthere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-05-11T05:59:47.548+0000) > > Care to elaborate? This is a pretty ambiguous statement, which just reads as condescending dribble without offering much of anything. > > I have to "blame smurfs"? I'm not really blaming them for anything, it's a simple fact; smurfs are rampant at low ranks. Their existence there makes those low ranks miserable, and makes players who just want to enjoy a decent constantly put in toxic and unfair situations. But low ranks don't matter because.... reasons? Low elo doesn't matter bcs the players can't play the game, why should anyone care about someone who is doing something wrongly and is probably ignorant towards advices and learning how to play better. In your few last games, there is fair amount of "smurfs"(acc without history from previous seasons), but their winrate is highly questionable, so I would argue that they might be new players. What I wanted to say is, if you have 114 games with 37% winrate, you should probably look for mistakes in your self, eventually even learn something from these smurfs, unless you are smurf yourself, then you should be reported and banned. Dia smurf probably won't even start in your elo unless he is trolling. Those who are losing to derank should be reported to support and they will most likely be banned again and again, but players are lazy to create tickets :/
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nt0n1K3h,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T06:15:38.798+0000) > > Low elo doesn't matter bcs the players can't play the game, why should anyone care about someone who is doing something wrongly and is probably ignorant towards advices and learning how to play better. > That's been my argument every time I try to play against people in little league baseball. If the kids want to win, they should just magically learn everything I know about baseball and not be as weak as kids. The joke's on them because I'm also doping.
: Which job is harder? Design or Balance Team
The worse one team does their job, the harder the other one has it. If Design makes a new item that's really good for tanks BUT has potential on some champions to make them nearly unkillable, balance now has to find a way to keep item decent without upsetting tanks. If Balance fixes an overpowered thing by just making it worthless, then all the time that went into designing it is now pointless.
Rioter Comments
ILOVEH2O (NA)
: Nutshell: If you have a name, its offensive
> [{quoted}](name=ILOVEH2O,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0064,timestamp=2019-04-14T23:59:45.891+0000) > > Nutshell: If you have a name, its offensive 99.9% of all names are hurtful, the remaining names are just not hurtful yet
: So what isn't considered offensive?
> [{quoted}](name=enejlah e4000,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=005d,timestamp=2019-04-14T19:08:26.932+0000) > > So what isn't considered offensive? Nothing
EATARI (NA)
: As an internet doctor, I can diagnose this as fake.
> [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBm72eF3,comment-id=00270000,timestamp=2019-04-14T13:53:24.475+0000) > > As an internet doctor, I can diagnose this as fake. I'd like to see your credentials!
abca98 (EUW)
: Next time Riot tells you how difficult identifying a bot account is, show them this screenshot.
If you doubt any of the given information, they do the same thing in every game: 1. They will run down a lane and stand at around 10 feet out of the enemy turrets range. 2. They only kill the minions and won't avoid danger 3. They do not recall 4. When they clear a lane, they go to another lane instead of continuing to push (Mid always goes to top) 5. They do not chase enemies in most cases. 6. They will always be in the middle of a lane (almost like they're on a track) 7. (If I remember right) they won't use skills at all If a loved one is doing these activities, splash some water on them, just to be safe.
: PLEASE DON'T BAN ME FOR NAMING MY ACCOUNT AFTER A FANNMADE POKEMON EVIL VILLAIN THAT I MADE UP PLEASE, I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY TO LOSE IT ALL
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Zeta 1313,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0054,timestamp=2019-04-14T03:04:00.539+0000) > > PLEASE DON'T BAN ME FOR NAMING MY ACCOUNT AFTER A FANNMADE POKEMON EVIL VILLAIN THAT I MADE UP > > > PLEASE, I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY TO LOSE IT ALL You knew what you were doing. Shame.
: Thank you or my name wouldn't be 27 54 67 hut hut hike! {{champion:163}}
> [{quoted}](name=PurpleKingCrazy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0053,timestamp=2019-04-14T02:53:48.274+0000) > > Thank you or my name wouldn't be 27 54 67 hut hut hike! > > {{champion:163}} A solid and inoffensive name for sure!
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=67q0y4Eq,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T02:29:39.411+0000) > > The bots tend to up or down vote randomly. My last few thread tended to skyrocket while others have been nuked. > > It'd be terribly stupid to up vote your own post after the bots have gotten so much attention since you'd be inviting so much criticism. Ah, I didn't realize that bots did that. As for this part, I don't quite follow you.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=67q0y4Eq,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T02:31:44.088+0000) > > Ah, I didn't realize that was how the bots worked around here mostly. > > As for this part, I don't quite follow you. People know that the bots exist > Bots have been down voting random threads > You decide to use the bots to up vote your thread despite there being many threads talking about their existence and how they dunk threads into the red. It'd just take a special kind of stupid to use them like that is my point
: > [{quoted}](name=Divine Shuriken ,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=67q0y4Eq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T02:19:15.958+0000) > > i have no clue but def not botting :( :( Ok. Fine It's not botting You're the next big thing. Edit: I owe you an apology.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=67q0y4Eq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T02:25:46.994+0000) > > :( > > Ok. > > Fine. > > It's not botting. > > You're the next big thing. The bots tend to up or down vote randomly. My last few thread tended to skyrocket while others have been nuked. It'd be terribly stupid to up vote your own post after the bots have gotten so much attention since you'd be inviting so much criticism.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Should Riot ban people for saying "keep yourself safe"?
Hi there, I'm a History Science major so I feel like I can shed some light on why "kys" is such an offensive phrase. Long ago, during the dark ages (1920-1950, known as the dark ages because people would sleep through the day and wake up at night) in India, there was a prince who was set the claim the throne. However, his sister was going to marry and the prince could lose his right to the throne. So, the prince asked his advisers on what to do, he received a piece of paper with only the letters "KYS" on it. He interpreted this as "Kill your sister" which the prince did, sending the country into a tailspin and leading to the end of the world. The oceans turned to blood and the sky was that ugly shade of green no one likes. Most people died, however at this point no one really cared. However, the INTENDED message was "keep yourself safe" telling the prince to just ride it out and enjoy his land. It was due to this event that we made Daylight Savings Time, because if we kept more daylight around, we wouldn't misread messages. It's often better to just type it out to not invoke memories of such terrible events.
Lexy123 (EUNE)
: > 9. Anything referring to s@x(This is a family game, you sick people.) I actually got downvoted to hell for saying this on lol subreddit. Some guy wanted to put gay eboy or something in his name and I commented how we dont need that in the game since there are 10 year olds playing it. Apperently exposing minors to something sexual is OK so we dont look homophobic. Screw that. If your sexuality is the only thing you are proud of to the point you need to expose it in a children's game you are pathetic, I dont want my child saying anything like: "DADDY what is Bi-sexTransFurry69?" When they see me playing LoL, or they get to play LoL themselves. Intentionaly exposing children to pornography, sex and fetishes is punishable by up to 20 years in my country IIRC. Dont know how it stands for internet forums/games/websites but I think it is still punishable.
Maybe if you thought about the children more you wouldn't have that problem. But don't think about them so much that it becomes problematic.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: half of these are just shitpost
> [{quoted}](name=Krayzie,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2019-04-13T11:26:53.986+0000) > > half of these are just shitpost what no what
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >Is YOUR name OFFENSIVE? Of course it is! Yes, I admit I took my name from the "best" unit in Age of Empires 2. And I don't even like horse, not even when well roasted. Added my country tag as the name alone was already taken. It is also a class in World of Warcraft, something I am often asked. It is also a rank of old, ranging from highly educated noblemen, known to be excellent fighers and often serving as a king's personal guard. But it is also an old rank of warriors which can only be called religious fanatics and outright butchers of innocents in the Holy Land as templars, something that is highly controversial in itself. >The noun paladin means a champion of a cause. Anyone who fights hard for something they believe in can be called a paladin [...] https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/paladin This is my reason for taking the name: I fight for what I believe in, which is why I chose to be a support main early on back in season 3 when I signed up. I fight for the greater good (the team) to win the game, and won't hesitate to give the ultimate sacrifice if that brings our team the victory. I seek no praise for myself, as a win is reward good enough. But as my name hold some historic reference of a negative nature, I must be banned immediately!
"Fighting" is "violent." also your name says no which is just pretty hurtful all together.
Sadalsa (EUW)
: hey so i identify as "sad" so if it's offensive i'm been oppressed, stop discriminating me
> [{quoted}](name=Sadalsa,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=002900000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:57:46.808+0000) > > hey so i identify as "sad" so if it's offensive i'm been oppressed, stop discriminating me frick It turns out there were no winning moves from the start.
Sadalsa (EUW)
: Actually my name is against the rules "it promotes self-harm" but it's in one of the least popular languages in the world, so nobody has any idea what my name means or ever will in that matter.
> [{quoted}](name=Sadalsa,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:53:01.205+0000) > > Actually my name is against the rules "it promotes self-harm" but it's in one of the least popular languages in the world, so nobody has any idea what my name means or ever will in that matter. It also says "sad". So it's offensive.
: I've never watched naruto, is sasuke bad?
> [{quoted}](name=emo sasuke,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:49:50.905+0000) > > I've never watched naruto, is sasuke bad? That show is about people flashing hand gestures and then murdering people from opposing factions. That's like rated AdultsOnly.
floo (EUW)
: Try me b
> [{quoted}](name=floo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:33:43.858+0000) > > Try me b Flu. Being sick is bad, like vaccines.
mosaickle (OCE)
: Woah, mine is actually completely safe. I know this post is a nice bit of satire but mine just happen to avoid literally all of these cleanly. Jinto came mainly from a more "Romaji" spelling of what could be interpreted as "Jing Tou", the Chinese word for "lens/camera lens", although can often in terms of an analogy is like a "set path/trajectory" for some kind of journey.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinto,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:14:57.132+0000) > > Woah, mine is actually completely safe. I know this post is a nice bit of satire but mine just happen to avoid literally all of these cleanly. Jinto came mainly from a more "Romaji" spelling of what could be interpreted as "Jing Tou", the Chinese word for "lens/camera lens", although can often in terms of an analogy is like a "set path/trajectory" for some kind of journey. Sounds awfully close to "Jhin too." Sad to say but your name is making me think about a man who _steals kills and interrupts recalls,_ both of which are banned as war crimes.
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=00200000,timestamp=2019-04-13T06:37:56.478+0000) > > what The mod thinks we are joking....
> [{quoted}](name=rECatherine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=002000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T08:28:14.042+0000) > > The mod thinks we are joking.... Are we a joke to them???? Because I'm not laughing???????????????????????
: > This is a family game family game my ass. any parent with even a single brain cell would not let their kids anywhere near this game with how toxic the community is. side note, i bet if i said my name is not offensive you'd take that challenge.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2019-04-13T08:25:07.285+0000) > > side note, i bet if i said my name is not offensive you'd take that challenge. Inkling sounds like a racism towards squids. Also commando = war = dead people = sad.
: Why the fuck are animal names offensive...
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2019-04-13T07:46:40.420+0000) > > Why the fuck are animal names offensive... According to my research, 100% of animal names are insults, and insults are mean.
: Roflol. This is genuinely hilarious man. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I love joke posts.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2019-04-13T06:20:05.498+0000) > > Roflol. This is genuinely hilarious man. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I love joke posts. what
Cheini (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:29:33.721+0000) > > **Acceptable names would include:** > 1. Your name (unless someone with any part of your name has committed crimes, been famous, or if it has words in it that are offensive. This would include Richard since when it's shortened it makes a lewd word) > 2. Some numbers (please google it to make sure it's not similar to a date that's had a tragedy, crime, or holiday on it) > 3. Some natural elements (DO NOT USE ANY THAT ARE HARMFUL) > 4. Random letters (UNLESS THEY LOOK LIKE WORDS THAT ARE OFFENSIVE) > 5. Shapes are _sometimes_ acceptable   1. No, do not share personal information! 2. Acceptable, so long as they make absolutely no sense (see #4) 3. Not acceptable. Every element can be harmful in the hands of the user. For reference, look up rule #34. 4. Acceptable. 5. In deed, sometimes. Usually for more complicated shapes and definitely not triangles or similar.   And, even though i chose my name without knowing of your vice president from the Bush era, i kind of think it is not so k.. xdd
The system isn't perfect, but it's better than going with a name like "LeagueEnjoyer" or "HoneySuckle" and offending billions.
: no and don't you dare pull out the "you're a weeb" argument because that means your inciting hate speech against another summoner. Besides I'm part Japanese and even if I wasn't the very basis of my name is a double joke. Otaku literally means home and I am a homebody that loves to roll up in blankets. However, after the infamous otaku killer, the term otaku became slang for a fanatic because not only did he have a lot of anime in his home he was obsessive about his victims and the otaku because synonymous for someone being obsessed about something. However with the rise of anime back when it was called Japanimation Ask Jeeves, a search engine of long ago, spewed out Japanese translations of obsessive as otaku along with articles of men with lots of anime/manga in their homes thus solidifying the new meaning of otaku. It's like the word dog. Besides I just love rolled food, especially burritos. And burritos are the most harmless food since the tortilla can be made with or without gluten and there's no set recipe on what can and cannot go into it so everyone can enjoy a burrito. Edit: Also I can't use my real name because it Arabic so yeah...GG you have to remove that rule as some names can be offensive in other cultures. How dare you make me feel bad about my name :( Terrible summoner is terrible bully.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-04-13T04:41:49.952+0000) > How do we know that you really like anime and aren't just pretending?
: Well, I am in the clear. Phew.
> [{quoted}](name=The Dreamwalker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-04-13T04:31:54.295+0000) > > Well, I am in the clear. Phew. "walker" Hold up there, partner..
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2019-04-13T04:12:28.792+0000) > > I don't think that's a real apology. > > If it is I'm sorry for not understanding. > Sincerely > 9 It is and is not. It is not in the sense that it's delivered as an insult to those who think they deserve said apology. And it is in the sense that I would sincerely say my apology as such for those offended at my name.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=001400000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T04:15:24.883+0000) > > It is and is not. > > It is not in the sense that it's delivered as an insult to those who think they deserve said apology. > And it is in the sense that I would sincerely say my apology as such for those offended at my name. Sorry, I take everything at facevalue and I'm unable to understand context.
: Apparently my name has been extremely offensive for 10 years; referring to female chests, sexuality because female chests are often sexualized, and religion because "demoness". And to that, I apologize in the following manner: I am so sorry that you're so exceptionally sensitive to the point you think innuendo makes something rated XXX. I bet you're similarly offended by girls and guys wearing bikinis and speedos when on the beach or at the pool. EDIT: Yes, I know it's a joke post. Still wanna say that my name shouldn't be considered any more over the line than "Sexy Miss Fortune".
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-04-13T04:10:39.964+0000) > > Apparently my name has been extremely offensive for 10 years; referring to female chests, sexuality because female chests are often sexualized, and religion because "demoness". > > And to that, I apologize in the following manner: > > I am so sorry that you're so exceptionally sensitive to the point you think innuendo makes something rated XXX. I don't think that's a real apology. If it is I'm sorry for not understanding. Sincerely 9
: "OoF"-Riot
> [{quoted}](name=CasterGilgamesh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:47:28.422+0000) > > "OoF"-Riot Don't think you're getting off either, how dare you use the name of a slave, I'm terribly offended at that. #summonedbeingsarepeopletoo
: I'm Chinese and I feel personally attacked by your nickname CN with a strikethrough since CN is short for China and strikethrough implies you are deleting my country from existence. Deplorable. Please rename.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Edit: Opeum reminds me of the Opium Wars in which my country was devastated. This is hateful and unacceptable. Please rename.
> [{quoted}](name=JesterRetsej,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:38:27.387+0000) > > I'm Chinese and I feel personally attacked by your nickname CN with a strikethrough since CN is short for China and strikethrough implies you are deleting my country from existence. Deplorable. Please rename.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} > > Edit: Opeum reminds me of the Opium Wars in which my country was devastated. This is hateful and unacceptable. Please rename. I can explain, my name is now 9.
: Looks at common name outside of LoL which is Domin8trax... 1. Drug references: there was a lot of great music that was made under the influence when 8 tracks were common... 2. Violence/Crime related phrases: a dominatrix often resorts to sadistic actions in a controlling manner 3. Animal names (ALL OF THEM ARE OFFENSIVE): a dominatrix might act like an animal 4. Names of places: none... well perhaps the bedroom 5. Body parts: if you dig deep enough into it yes. 6. Colors: blood red might happen with a dominatrix 7. Some numbers: (You know which ones): 8 is evil 8. Some materials: Do whips and leather count? 9. Anything referring to s@x(This is a family game, you sick people.): BDSM: Bible decision study meeting which a dominatrix will ennjoy. 10. All verbs (don't be ableist): dominate as part of the name 11. All adjectives: Dominating 12. Pet names like Sweety or Honey: how deep are you digging into this? 13. Names of Other people (Impersonation is a crime!!!!!!!!!!!!): not sure, is IWilldominate close enough? 14. Emotions: I mean being sadistic requires emotion right? 15. Scary/dangerous words (Like Spider, clown, or ocean): 8 tracks are old and scary, so is a dominatrix to those who are not ready for it. 16. Easy to mispronounce words: the whole name is often not even said it is so hard to say and it is a play on words. 17. Anything that could be seen as depressing or sad: getting dominated might be... or you might like it 18. Anything religious: define "religion" 19. Anything to do with holidays: define "holiday" 20. Foods, medicines or plant names (Don't mock people with allergies):someone is surely allergic to the stuff used to make an 8 track 21. A name of a character who has done something mean/evil (They may not be real, but people who have been exposed to the literature may be hurt by your name containing a reference to a bad guy): I am sure there is a dominatrix that fits this. 22. Words that have offensive words in them OR sound like they do (Such as cl@ssroom or magazine because it could refer to a f@re@rn): if you know what a dominatrix is it will offend someone 23. Anything to do with gender or s@xuality: dominatrix... not going to go any farther into it 24. Anything to do with citizenship or heritage: A dominatrix could do things that result in heritage 25. Anything relating to history: Does Elizabeth Bathory classify as a dominatrix?
I appreciate the lengths you've gone to make an example of yourself, change starts NOW people!
: > Thank you for your time, > Sincerely > CN- (Formerly known as EndlessDusk0) CN is the chemical formula for cyanide you literal toxic bigot!!
> [{quoted}](name=Gajalaka Doodle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:30:18.531+0000) > > CN is the chemical formula for cyanide you literal toxic bigot!! wait I can explain (Edit) I fixed my name hopefully I haven't hurt any children with my poor choice of random letters
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:06:46.647+0000) > > That's where you're wrong. Imagine playing against an Ashe with the name "Jhin." ASHE IS NOT JHIN AND THE NAME IS CLEARLY TRYING TO CONFUSE AND MOCK PEOPLE. Fuck I've been playing lots of Ezreal and ARAM I'll go back to one tricking Twitch on SR like a good boy. Any build suggestions for mid/top/sup Twitch so I can be a responsible citizen?
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:14:08.018+0000) > > Fuck I've been playing lots of Ezreal and ARAM > > I'll go back to one tricking Twitch on SR like a good boy. Any build suggestions for mid/top/sup Twitch so I can be a responsible citizen? Good, however twitch could be offensive as is, sorry to say.
: And don't forget, champion names are also fine as long as it's not Teemo.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-13T03:04:24.218+0000) > > And don't forget, champion names are also fine as long as it's not Teemo. That's where you're wrong. Imagine playing against an Ashe with the name "Jhin." ASHE IS NOT JHIN AND THE NAME IS CLEARLY TRYING TO CONFUSE AND MOCK PEOPLE.
: are you allergic to oranges? or perhaps your brother was a marine and died in combat reported
> [{quoted}](name=OrangeMarine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:58:54.451+0000) > > are you allergic to oranges? > > or perhaps your brother was a marine and died in combat > > reported Not only could your name refer to a food (which not everyone can eat) but also the COLOR which is offensive to colorblind people and could be used as a racist slur. Also marine refers to so many bad words and concepts.
Reksee (NA)
: Has Anyone noticed suspicious downvoting
I mean my thread just got 20 upvotes in less than a minute. Also, hello
Reksee (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:35:24.020+0000) > > I expected better of this community. You included. I'M SO SORRY, PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU DON'T BAN ME DON'T BAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {{sticker:sg-janna}} {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
> [{quoted}](name=Reksee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:38:17.615+0000) > > I'M SO SORRY, PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU DON'T BAN ME DON'T BAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > {{sticker:sg-janna}} {{sticker:sg-soraka}} I've already contacted the government and riot games, hopefully they'll arrest all of us with mean names and punish us like we deserve.
Reksee (NA)
: Aww shit, you ratted me out!
> [{quoted}](name=Reksee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARjKHbPf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:31:31.187+0000) > > Aww shit, you ratted me out! I expected better of this community. You included.
Rioter Comments
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sK8yqToV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-11T00:48:05.126+0000) > > That'd just make people flame others even more. "quit so we can get demge boos ur bad kid gitgod" etc. There's a reason why systems like this aren't used, they become a mechanic that can be used to actually turn a game in your favor. > Did you know DotA 2 has a leaver buster system that works? Did you know DotA 2 has "safe to leave" when someone disconnects - or never connects? Did you know DotA 2 has a prisoners island Low Priority Queue, so people who get hit with leaver buster, chat, and account penalties are matched with each other while good boyos and lassies are matched with each other?
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sK8yqToV,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-11T02:11:57.360+0000) > > Did you know DotA 2 has a leaver buster system that works? > Did you know DotA 2 has "safe to leave" when someone disconnects - or never connects? > Did you know DotA 2 has a prisoners island Low Priority Queue, so people who get hit with leaver buster, chat, and account penalties are matched with each other while good boyos and lassies are matched with each other? I was referring to the system that Ducky posted. Which was a system that gives a team a benefit when someone leaves/afks mid game. The topic of "how do we make it so not only do we punish a quitter but also make the game less awful for the 4 people who got screwed" is different than just punishing the one person who leaves. A system that helps those who are now stuck in a probably losing game would be hard to design. Also, the "put bad people together" thing is used in loads of games, it's generally reserved for cheaters however.
: Conpensation for leavers
A system that checked that 1. You didn't flame/harass someone into leaving and 2. you aren't friends with the player might work for the point reduction at least. Or maybe just ban people who leave mid match from ranked for a day/week/month to just significantly lower the amount of people who consistently leave.
Rustypug (NA)
: unpopular opinion
{{champion:202}} Jhin >>> Everyone else Why? 1. Has a real job, a government job. He's not just some clerk either. He's working with the top brass of society to make the world a better place. 2. Life goals. He wanted to make art, so he made art. He's turn a hobby into a full time career. 3. He's both creative and inventive. His mask? He made that. His gun? He modified it, as well as crafting his own bullets. Talk about being resourceful. 4. Romantic. Here's just some of his quotes during his interactions with others: "Sublime." "How lovely!" "I will touch your heart." When was the last time someone spoke about you that way?
: Conpensation for leavers
That'd just make people flame others even more. "quit so we can get demge boos ur bad kid gitgod" etc. There's a reason why systems like this aren't used, they become a mechanic that can be used to actually turn a game in your favor. With the examples you provided, you'd be replacing a feeder with a buff for your entire team. Like I said above, all that will accomplish is making anyone playing an already high damage champ flame EVERYONE who does slightly bad. On the flip side, it'd encourage players who do something wrong, or die a few times just rage quit since 1. your team knows that if you're not there, they get a buff and you stop feeding 2. they'd be able to justify to themselves and others that leaving was a "tactical" choice since being there may have actually been worse for your team. I've had games I've played after presumably suffering brain damage as I go 0/10/X in which if I had the option to just feel like I wasn't screwing over my team anymore, I'd just leave since clearly ANY buff would be better than me dying to something stupid for the 11th time. With all that said, it is not a bad idea to mitigate the loss of a teammate, however it should only lessen it to the extent of not providing something of greater value than the lost teammate. In other games this can include just replacing the teammate with a bot or lowering the loss penalty. I don't think these would work since the league community is full of _kind and generous people who would try and talk you down from leaving the game as your enjoyment of the game is something that matters more to them than a buff that might turn some champions into over powered 100-0 machines. _
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Jhin ult damage buffed again
As a Jhin main, his R did not need a buff, at all. I'd easily take an R or a Q nerf in favor of him not needing money like it's oxygen. He ends up broken really fast if he can secure 2-3 kills early on, but he hits like a wet noodle if the person he's with "accidentally" takes his kills. But yeah if he gets fed, Jhin will go 22/3/0 so maybe tone down that W and R.
: I would actually be okay with this. I think the issue is that when a game is accepted, it sends a request to a new server to create a game. When a dodge happens, the game server is deleted to conserve space. Don't quote me on this, because I don't have any actual background on how game servers do and do not work.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3t5QOaPV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-09T22:31:42.457+0000) > > I would actually be okay with this. > > I think the issue is that when a game is accepted, it sends a request to a new server to create a game. When a dodge happens, the game server is deleted to conserve space. Don't quote me on this, because I don't have any actual background on how game servers do and do not work. There would still be some evidence of the connection or at least it shouldn't be hard to store that. It's just a kilobyte or so of data that would need to be kept, that could be done client side or server side with minimal effort I think. They could also make something that assigns every lobby a number string like "A423590389" and just saves the data for a day before dumping it, all while keeping track of every account that connected with that lobby. Could just have the client ping a server and call all lobbies you were in along with all data and logs (like they do with completed games.) They already have similar systems in place so it isn't that hard. Note: In school for programming and accounting, I may be wrong since I'm typing this with a migraine but I'm pretty certain about 90% of this.
Weensw (NA)
: Is Nexus Blitz going to result in you guys buying skins?
> [{quoted}](name=Weensw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5X9JekeT,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-04-09T01:05:30.669+0000) > > Is Nexus Blitz going to result in you guys buying skins? Yes actually, my girlfriend was planning on getting a skin for Zoe and said she'd get me a Jhin skin if I didn't get one for myself. We'd both lost any interest in the base mode at that point and pretty much so there'd be little reason to buy skins for characters that we only see once in a blue moon on ARURF or ARAM. However at this point we're actively looking for a league alternative that doesn't just throw away modes when they don't attract 5 billion players.
Weensw (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessDusk0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5X9JekeT,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2019-04-08T07:29:19.558+0000) > > And if you're unable to play it you might find yourself waiting up to a year to play your favorite mode again. Such an understatement. The last Ascension was 2 years ago, and a few weeks ago, Riot also mentioned RGM is not coming back any time soon. Not until at least permanent game mode is settled. So I don't know how you got the "up to a year" statement.....
> [{quoted}](name=Weensw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5X9JekeT,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T00:55:07.364+0000) > > Such an understatement. The last Ascension was 2 years ago, and a few weeks ago, Riot also mentioned RGM is not coming back any time soon. Not until at least permanent game mode is settled. So I don't know how you got the "up to a year" statement..... I checked out the page for the rotating gamemodes, I scanned it and saw a year gap (which was egregious enough honestly) I didn't check anything after that since a year a a stupidly long time to wait just to play something that **every other MOBA would likely keep in a custom game area even if it "didn't retain players".**. That's why I made this thread, I liked nexus a lot, everyone I know preferred it to the main game (however none of them are league vets or play ranked) and I don't want to wait even a year to just play something that shouldn't have been taken away.
Show more

EndlessDusk0

Level 79 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion