Xavanic (NA)
: something needs to be done about camping early game
What was your jungler doing during that time? Counter-jungling? Power-farming? Ganking other lanes? This is a team-based game. If the enemy team is pouring all of their resources into starving one lane, your team should be countering their team elsewhere.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Tanks Frequently have Damage builds at the cost of their duriability. {{champion:32}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:54}} Have all had Popular "off meta" builds with damage at the cost of durability across the many years of league. Your argument that tanks cant/should not have damage builds is blatantly ignoring the reality of the game. Simple fact is that this has been a thing from season 1 onwards.
: No. Sheen has always had CDR on it and that does not need to change especially how valuable of a rush item it is on Nasus,
Sheen only received CDR in [V5.22](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-522-notes#patch-Sheen) (which was near the end of Season 5). Before that, it only provided Mana and AP.
Quepha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=ZBAUZaa6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T00:07:58.492+0000) > > Leaving the reason behind the punishment at simply the bans picked, without even mentioning the existence of supporting evidence to justify the decision, seems like an odd choice on Riot's part. No, it doesn't, because there was no reason to question their decision. They released the statement after people threw a shitfit about muh essjaydubyas
Sexism is such a known issue with online/gaming communities and Riot's had to deal with it enough (especially in recent years) that I'd have expected them to somewhat predict the reaction and preemptively mitigate it. While the backlash from the announcement was wrong, it wasn't unexpected.
Quepha (NA)
: The actual cause was banning 5 support champions in order to BM the enemy team for being women. That's the action performed by ROX that earned them a warning. What you meant to say is that they didn't release the evidence that led them to come to that conclusion, which they don't need to do because the audience are not the people who decide if someone broke the rules.
Even a simple mention of "intent confirmed upon examining Rox's voice communications" in the initial announcement would have sufficed. Leaving the reason behind the punishment at simply the bans picked, without even mentioning the existence of supporting evidence to justify the decision, seems like an odd choice on Riot's part.
Quepha (NA)
: Remember everyone who said ROX had a legit ban strategy?
> "Due to the decision being made during the game in the LCL League, I am afraid it is very difficult for me to voice my opinion on the matter. However, we can give you the true reasoning behind the disciplinary action towards ROX." > "In any professional League, a professional League of Legends team is free to go about picks&bans (Draft Phase) in order to implement their own strategy while also countering the enemy team's strategy." > "In the game between ROX and Vaevictis, which occurred on the 16th of January, it was revealed through ROX's voice chat that ROX used terms of discrimination, insult, and despise towards Team Vaevictis during said Draft Phase." The main issue is that Riot didn't state the real reason behind their punishment when it was issued. Saying that the team was punished for banning five support champions (which clearly wasn't the case) just causes unnecessary confusion. Not sure why they'd bother trying to hide the actual cause.
: I don't think it's the laner who needs to know about lane management, I think it's the jungler,
Generally, enemy minions under your tower will mean that your wave will slow-push back even without intervention. It's how top-laners will bounce a wave before basing so that they can establish a freeze when they return.
: Why do people complain about yasuo so much?
People have always complained about Yasuo and his ban rate has been rather high since his release. The reason could be his effect on team compositions, the types of players he attracts, how often the game revolves around whether the Yasuo feeds or gets fed, dislike of the splitpush play-style as a whole, dislike of Windwall neutralizing certain ultimates, his mobility or any number of other reasons. The simple truth is that many players hate having to play with and/or against him and react accordingly.
: Can a support CS when the ADC recalls?
Yep. There is not point in the gold going to waste. However, try not to push the wave into a disadvantageous position when doing so.
HÔPÊ (EUW)
: Is Riot killing the game on purpose?
Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
: Can you report someone for banning your declared champion in purpose?
Bans take priority over pick intent. It isn't punishable.
: Unpopular opinion: Pro players should not be playing META stuff at all.
I wouldn't mind seeing limits to the usage of champions during a set of matches. For example, a champion cannot be reused after it has already been picked in a set of 3 (or 5?) games by either team.
: What's a good nick for a main Hecarim?
: The Ornn changes are great and all but...
> You can't ping your passive so the only thing you can attempt to do is ping their items and hope they understand. Can't you just type "{Champion Name}, come here. I want to upgrade your items."?
Asamas (EUNE)
: Anime recommendations
I'd recommend watching D-Frag and Katanagatari.
YetAnohter1 (EUNE)
: Honestly, given the fuss about certainlyT, I sometimes wonder what would happen if ALL champs were designed by him. Because, if everything is unfair to play against, then nothing is, right? Will it feel fair to face a champ who's unfair to play against... if you're playing such a champ yourself? ... Actually, this is possible. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Bradford_%27CertainlyT%27_Wenban - he's designed / reworked 11 champs already according to the wikia. {{champion:122}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:84}} - now pick 10 of them and distribute between two teams. I'd like to watch such a match ;P
> Because, if everything is unfair to play against, then nothing is, right? You're about to go full Syndrome. We all know how that ends.
Bultz (NA)
: Why is poppy building full crit, yet remains as tanky as ever?
{{champion:75}} {{item:1001}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3075}} {{item:1057}} vs {{champion:78}} {{item:3009}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3086}} It's a mystery. Considering you were in a special game mode, I'm not sure how well you'd even be able to stack on Nasus.
BradNo (NA)
: Lux's R goes through Yasuo's Windwall
Windwall blocks projectiles. Lux's ultimate isn't a projectile.
: How is asking for reports bannable? Riot games punitive system literally uses the amount of reports. And btw, I do not think that me telling the person who was griefing the game and suggested an open mid that they are playing Nid mid is harassment.
Riot's punishment system (roughly speaking) uses "frequency" of reports games. The system doesn't particularly care whether you received one report or nine reports in any individual game. Asking for reports serves no practical purpose and, as such, is simply another form of harassment.
: One another thing with the old rune system, we were able to have full stack of Attack speed runes from the start of the game, which really boosted Phoenix's clears. You either start 27%(from Reds and Quints) or 18% Reds with 4.5% MS quints IIRC. What do we got this time around? 9%. And a precision tree rune that has to be stacked. This is sad. Very sad, infact.
Minor corrections: * Flat Attack Speed Marks only provided 15% attack speed * Alacrity provides 3% Attack Speed without stacks Rather than going from 18% to 9%, it would be more accurate to say that we went from 15% to 12% at level one. Still, I miss the flexibility of the old rune system.
: > [{quoted}](name=PrismalDawn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tWEWGH4l,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-23T05:44:00.831+0000) > > I thought 10 bans would be great but riot also had different ideas... > > Who the fuck allowed overlapping bans. I mean how would they implement non-overlapping bans? I've thought about this myself and I couldn't really think of a good way to do it.
Alternate bans between teams and let two teammates ban at the same time. The order would be the same as picks. It would have taken no longer than the previous system.
: It's the offseason. And how much do you love playing poke and waveclear mages when you don't even play the game, based off your match history?
There is a reason I quit playing regularly for five years. Riot's focus on making games entertaining to watch rather than play the main reason.
: Any GOOD reason behind buffing Zed/Akali and nerfing mages like Brand/Lux/Ziggs?
Waveclear is boring to watch in competitive. Flashy kills are exciting to watch in competitive. That's pretty much it. Sad, considering I loved playing poke/waveclear mages and dislike playing assassins.
Bultz (NA)
: As a fighter main I am absolutely fucking tired of fighting tanks
That "tank" Poppy had Trinity Force and Sterak's Gage increasing her damage. Also, why did you build Mortal Reminder when their only sources of healing were out of combat?
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q4TTE4VN,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-07-07T14:34:09.706+0000) > > Assuming that the enemy team doesn't have first pick. > > And that everyone is willing to communicate and organize a trade. > > And that first/second-pick has the champion in question. > > And that last-pick owned the champion(s) first-pick wanted. And if the securing is not possible you just take the chance. You don't troll a teammate on a slim chance of things going badly.
You necro'd a year-old thread for this?
: And what exactly are tanks? Which one of the tanks posses interactive well thought out gameplay? Because as far as I am aware, tanks that do posses skill based mechanics are actually outplayable. Outplay fucking malphite. Outplay fucking amumu that mised his single and only skillshit but hit minion next to you and ulted you entire fucking team. Outplay Maokai in late with his point click snare, his instad knock back bash with ridiculous base damage, his free sustain when ever you try to retaliate and please do fucking outplay his ult in size of a lane. Only tank that doesnt feel like stat check and people might consider somewhat skill based is Sion. You can actually dodge his entire kit, you can destroy his shield before it detonates, he doesnt beat you without clear indication of why are you loosing. And even then he has to have 55% win rate in Diamond + to be somewhat popular pick. Tanks are stat check just like Jax is and their only counter play is waiting out their overpowered early game and praying to fucking god that they suck in team fights.
> Outplay fucking malphite. If you have a blink up (and half-decent reaction times), you can easily avoid his ultimate. While it's cooldown is significantly lower than Flash, it's his main contribution to teamfights and he can't really do much until it comes back up. > Outplay fucking amumu that mised his single and only skillshit but hit minion next to you and ulted you entire fucking team. If your entire teams is grouped up near an opponent with AOE CC, you screwed up. It's like complaining that Fiddlestick's ultimate murdered your entire team when you grouped and had no vision of the area.
: I wish you guys never told me because now that I saw his champ and build I want to strangle him and everyone that's upvoting this garbage thread.
If they had built a significant amount of armor, it wouldn't really be surprising to see that true damage was a significant portion of damage received. After all, physical damage would be reduced if that were the case. If they just wanted to highlight the true damage dealt by Conqueror and IE, their low armor only makes it more apparent. I don't agree with the build for anything except fun but it isn't really the focus of the thread.
: > [{quoted}](name=14ButJustBarely,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1AU2o4xe,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-05T00:32:43.601+0000) > > No, you are not getting me. > > I know he didn't gained as much value, I'm talking that it is virtually impossible _for me_ to gain any value from armor. I mean: 1) Yasuo is a carry, building crit. True damage or not, he's designed to outscale tanks in 1v1s and small skirmishes. 2) You *only had tabis for armor.* 3) We don't even know what champ you were.
If you look at the skills in the picture, you can see that they were Poppy.
: Can we have a "random skin"-button in champion select?
Ideally, we'd be able to exclude skins from the random selection. While I've only purchased skins I like, I've received a few from Hextech Crafting that I'd rather not have to use in-game.
: Am I the only Who dont even bother trying to get an ocean drake?
Ocean Drake used to be my favourite dragon. Considering I played supports, tanks and siege mages, I found it to be the most useful.
: What if Rioters had their own private forum, similar to the Boards?
We've already seen leaks from their internal Slack channel during the whole DZK debacle. That confirmed that they have private forums on which they shit-talk the playerbase.
: Why would you take iceborn gauntlet against an ap when the only defensive stat it gives is armor?
Basically, you build Spirit Visage and Sheen for laning phase. Then, you complete Iceborn Gauntlet before you begin grouping (or splitpushing against an AD champion). If you don't have armor in the mid-game, you'll just be melted down by the enemy ADC or AD fighters. While building Spirit Visage into Trinity Force would help against an AP opponent, you'd lack the armor you need to survive in mid-game skirmishes and teamfights. While you could build a dedicated armor item before finishing Trinity Force, it would delay your powerspike. Also, you'd either overcap CDR (TF, FH, SV = 50% CDR) or you'd spend most of the game with uncapped CDR (i.e. if you build RO or Thornmail instead of FH). There is the option of building Spirit Visage + Sheen + Warden's Mail/Chain Vest before completing Trinity Force, but you'll still be missing 10% CDR for a significant portion of the game. Spirit Visage + Sheen + Glacial Shroud would resolve the lack of CDR, but it doesn't provide much in the way of armor.
: If Nasus takes Tiamats or Iceborne Gauntlet, and the AOE effect kills a minion, do they stack?
Nasus' Q won't receive stacks from minions killed by Iceborn Gauntlet or Tiamat. Generally, you'll take Iceborn Gauntlet if you are laning against an AP champion. Iceborn Gauntlet and Spirit Visage used to be commonly built on Nasus (especially when laning against an AP champion).
: Can the "Inting Sion" strat get you banned?
Proxy Singed did result in players getting banner (even if some of them were later revoked). Maybe Riot learned and adjusted their algorithms, maybe they didn't.
: really.. we have {{champion:39}} is a completly broken state,, we have {{champion:24}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:555}}{{champion:145}} u can even go further down the line into the not quite OP but certainly opressive with {{champion:86}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:6}} and your like.. "why dont we nerf {{champion:78}} ?" POPPY? seriously?? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
It's all about whatever champion they lost to in their last game.
: Victorious Orianna is... disappointing
Eh, I couldn't be bothered to play this season so I'm happy it isn't a skin I actually want.
: Yes because I am suppose to be punished for asking the enemy team to also report him for saying a word? How are they suppose to know its ban worthy unless I tell them the word? Because I put the word he called me in all chat that makes me deserving of a ban?
If the player receives even a single report in a game, it will flag the game for review. There is no difference between 1 report and 9 reports in a single game.
Malak (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m1gVcq4G,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-01T01:36:09.877+0000) > > You are the one making a claim. > > The burden of evidence lies with you. I mean...he did post his sources...
They posted a link to what seems to be an unsourced article and claimed it as fact. The closest thing I see to a source is the [SuperData](https://www.superdataresearch.com/us-digital-games-market/) page linked in the article. It shows that League of Legends is the third-highest grossing PC title but it doesn't show any precise numbers or data from previous years to support the article's claims.
: The same data has been reported across multiple sources. Do some searching.
You are the one making a claim. The burden of evidence lies with you.
: You just lost 21% of your health, are you bleeding or did someone cut your arm off? https://gamesquill.com/pc/league-of-legends-revenue-tumbles-21-in-a-year/
If video games have taught me anything, I would remain perfectly functional. The only hit-point that matters is the last one.
: Yo Riot - Why are you locking tokens behind World's viewing when the schedule is UNREASONABLY EARLY?
Would it be possible to leave your computer on overnight and open the stream before you go to bed?
: I, too, lost 30 lbs. this year, but not by going to the gym. I just stopped drinking sweet tea. That did it for me.
> [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KH7vH5EH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T21:38:12.959+0000) > > I, too, lost 30 lbs. this year, but not by going to the gym. > > I just stopped drinking sweet tea. That did it for me. I lost roughly 30 lbs. over three months by reduced the size (and frequency) of my snacks and cutting out pop entirely. Considering my sedentary lifestyle, I was rather surprised.
: Underrated anime that need another season
Celiorap (NA)
: Why Can People Who Build No Damage, Deal Tons?
They have no damage items. You have no defensive items. The game is designed so that damage outscales defense. Unsurprisingly, this affects base damage and base durability too.
darkdill (NA)
: What if there had been a "Rewind" Summoner Spell that reset the cooldowns on your basic abilities?
Some champions would synergize with it far too well, get nerfed into oblivion, forced to depend upon the Summoner Spell, and be left to rot after it gets nerfed or removed.
: Just noticed All Assassins have 1 (no more no less) skillshots
: I got vaccinated and then almost got hit by a car
I think you may have eaten the Yami Yami no Mi.
clericus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c0MIRKx0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-13T22:30:21.429+0000) > > If I had a dollar for every jerk who thought that something being competitive gives you the right to be an asshole to everyone else involved, I'd have enough money to buy Riot Games. If I had a dollar for every person who thinks that because they don't like mean speak no one else can do it... I'd buy out Microsoft
> [{quoted}](name=clericus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c0MIRKx0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-13T22:33:20.094+0000) > > If I had a dollar for every person who thinks that because they don't like mean speak no one else can do it... I'd buy out Microsoft Actually, you wouldn't. Even if every living human in the world fit that description, you'd still have less than 10% of Microsoft's latest valuation.
AD Yuumi (NA)
: When you mention "other designs don't have these traits" it reminded me of a conversation I used to have with Xypherous Xypherous used to lament that Riven would have been a MUCH better design if League was a game where EVERYONE WAS RIVEN. The point he was making is that Riven matchups vs. characters with similar tools to her tend to be be dynamic and exciting. On the flip side, Riven matchups into characters like Nasus are much more likely to feel awful for one side to play. Nasus either outstats Riven and wins with Q (despite all her gameplays) or he does not outstat her and loses (while feeling helpless as she dashes circles around him). We could say here "oh well why not just give Nasus more tools," but we have to remember that there are a lot of players out there who DON'T WANT THAT MANY TOOLS. I believe one of League's strengths is the sheer amount of variety we've managed to express in our champion roster. Some players want a high mechanic high octance experience (like Riven or Yasuo) whereas others would prefer to chill and manage one or two important spell casts (Like Nasus or Annie). It's important that we find ways to make champs with varying levels of mechanical complexity and "outplay" potential able to fit into the same game. (As a side note, I agree that a number CertainlyT champs are awesome, IMO Yasuo and Thresh are two of the best champions ever made. It's interesting when examining regional differences for "the Yasuo problem." NA players find Yasuo incredibly frustrating, but Chinese players think he's fine, despite his playrate being WAY higher over there.)
His designs would be fantastic for a single-player game. However, they don't really seem to account for how difficult or frustrating they can be to play with/against.
: This issue is, these champions rely on this item to do well. Im gonna pull up some stats here and this is once again, based on my experience of playing as it, against it, or witnessing it or even reading about it: - Darius now builds trinity most of the time, Cleaver being rare (as a Darius main cleaver is trash RN), he is at a 49.4% winrate in **gold **(toplane) and this is his **highest** win rate, every other elo is lower, Diamond for example is 47.2%. - Irelia, an infamous trinity abuser is at 50.7% in **Diamond**, this is her **highest** win rate, its lower in other every elo. - Gangplank, someone who rushes trinity force first is at a 49% win rate in **Gold**, this is his **highest** win rate, lower in every other elo. - Nasus, is at a 51.4% win rate in **BRONZE**, **lower** in every other elo. I don't need to say it but Nasus also almost always rushes Trinity force. These are all examples of champions who always go trinity, Darius may go cleaver vs 3 or more armor stackers but when was the last time you say 3 armor stackers. Likewise, Nasus may go {{item:3025}} but rarely and his win rate drops 10% with that compared to trinity. Now, all of these champions are barely sitting on a 50% win rate, 3 of them are lower and only Irelia in Diamond elo reaches higher. Im ignoring Nasus as 51% is in Bronze and silver + drops his win rate by 1% each time. Imagine taking away trinity from them, what happens? - In a short understandable way, **they are all fucked**.
Are Nasus players actually rushing Trinity Force even when they aren't getting fed? I'd always sit on Sheen and build defensive items to survive the lane. Of course, that was when I was able to use Armor Penetration runes to compensate for the difference in damage.
Show more

EndlessSorcerer

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion