SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Phoenixdust,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=64QUE42r,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-26T09:44:25.972+0000) > > I'm not comfortable with your name. What will you do now? > > Nobody gives a fck about what are you comfortable with and what not. Did they harm you in any way? No. Good, go look for other made up problems ;) If you are not comfortable with other people's name, you can also report it. No one is going to stop you from doing it. Similarly, you also shouldn't stop others from reporting things that disturbs them. Your personal idea on what is a problem or otherwise is also not universal by any means. And there is no reason that you should expect others taking it as gospel in their evaluation. Also, a racial slur that's been in use to dehumanise others for centuries and still very much used today, is NOT a "made up" problem. Nice false equivalence with pretending it holds the same amount of water as being offended by nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=64QUE42r,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-10-26T09:59:54.448+0000) > > If you are not comfortable with other people's name, you can also report it. No one is going to stop you from doing it. Similarly, you also shouldn't stop others from reporting things that disturbs them. > > Your personal idea on what is a problem or otherwise is also not universal by any means. And there is no reason that you should expect others taking it as gospel in their evaluation. > > Also, a racial slur that's been in use to dehumanise others for centuries and still very much used today, is NOT a "made up" problem. Nice false equivalence with pretending it holds the same amount of water as being offended by nothing. Couldn't have said it better myself.{{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: Highly Racist Clan Tag Going Under The Radar
There should be a specific option for that type of report, some people tell me it's covered under inappropriate name but no proof. I see people with deliberately antisemitic club names all the time, tons of antigay humor, slurs mostly against black people but occasionally other groups. They always use the excuse "I am part of X group so it's ok" as if that was the point. As if groups of black people would be frequently using club names to put fried chicken jokes and klan puns in their names like nobody is buying that story Kevin
: Should it be reportable if teammates constantly to your lane during laning phase?
Best you can do is ping them off it once, if they don't listen focus all your energy on last hitting until they realize jungle camps are more lucrative than denying farm. Don't even engage them in chat it will just escalate things. You can always leave and do objectives or ganks too.
: I can see myself quitting League
Bye! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: That's you r opinion and I'm fine with that i disagree, and tried to convince the rioter of my point so they escalated my punishment. AFTER they escalated my punishment i then had nothing to lose so i decided to cuss him which i would happily do again FUCK YOU RIOT FROMAGE YOU FAR LEFT ASSHOLE. See happily what are they gonna do ban me? HA! This is a free to play game if i want to play it i can easily always do so. Them being petty about bans is a stupid business decision.
> [{quoted}](name=Neozeketho,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sBj0wFqv,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-25T15:37:19.942+0000) > > That's you r opinion and I'm fine with that i disagree, and tried to convince the rioter of my point so they escalated my punishment. AFTER they escalated my punishment i then had nothing to lose so i decided to cuss him which i would happily do again FUCK YOU RIOT FROMAGE YOU FAR LEFT ASSHOLE. See happily what are they gonna do ban me? HA! This is a free to play game if i want to play it i can easily always do so. Them being petty about bans is a stupid business decision. One can never begin to understand that which one thinks they already know.
: Exact quote of game loading "Tip" -- "If someone makes you feel uncomfortable in game, report them"
You just have a much softer definition of the word "uncomfortable" than the person who wrote the tip. Obviously it's not suggesting to report ever person who bugs you even a little. If English is a second language it could be confused with physical discomfort. Tip seems pretty clear to me.
: Since 90 percent of you wont properly read everything cause its a punishment post and you skip
I read your entire conversation with the employee and first chat log, I don't have all day to read all this and you're so cool for saying so like duh it's hella long nobody's gonna skim through all 8, but based on what I read it sounds like you deserve what they gave you.
Makami (NA)
: Riot please do something about trolls
If someone says they are going to break the rules, mute them and play as normal. If you don't want to cut comms just refuse to reply to anything unhelpful, and they get bored and just play the game. Obviously it's case by case, but you'd be surprised how often this simple method cleans up most of the problem-players.
: @Riot Sexualized Character Art
DerMangoJoghurt and Mike Teavee please add me. You are the most reasonable people I've yet to read from on the league forum.
: Players in ranked
Two things from this, and otherwise you are totally valid and I agree people are very annoying in ranked. 1. Saying "play safe" scarcely has aggressive intent, but is almost always perceived as passive aggressive or a useless comment because it's such a general statement. If you have advice worth sharing by all means use the chat, but everyone knows to play safe and that they shouldn't be feeding. If someone is unsafe you have to be more specific so they can learn something new; example: "bluesmite {{champion:120}} start of fight from now on just to be safe." 2. One report IS sufficient if the accused truly did commit a listed offense. Multiple reports on a single player in a match aren't more effective than one. Telling people to report other players is frowned upon because it is unnecessary and clearly provokes more aggression in the game. -Hope this helped, best of luck.
Ryushiin (NA)
: How do I deal with a person like this
Honesty is the best policy. If you can't think of a way to tell them that they are making it unfun.. that they would actually listen to... then, it's time to look for a better friend to fill the gap or it's gonna be filled by this guy.
: Why do people believe it is okay for "young people" to be toxic?
The whole esrb rating argument is flawed. I've always had some degree of access to content out my age range, despite numerous attempts from my parents to restrict me from accessing it and so did my whole friend group. As far as the kids being kids argument, I would argue kids are naturally curious, but not naturally toxic. I would go online when I wasn't supposed to and listen to the older kids and adults I met online and learn from them. I'm not gonna talk about all the shitty behavior I absorbed from my online friends, but I will say that I wish I had better gaming communities to grow up with. If people can acknowledge there will always be conflict, what better a reason to become a master of preventing/solving conflict? There's no reason to keep telling people kids are just naturally mean. That attitude only puts a bigger gap of understanding between children and adults, causing them both to disrespect each other more because it becomes the norm.
Razzer (NA)
: Just wanted your guys opinions on my Perma Ban.
Superman doesn't get to kill a person for every ten he saves, by which I mean your negative comments' weight or amount vs your positive contribution is not the point here. The point is that you impacted people negatively that game, so much so you were reported and it happened to coincide with similar past offenses. Nobody is saying you have to be a perfect sport every game, but if you can't say anything nice just don't respond. You can defend yourself by muting instantly or killing them with kindness and refusing to acknowledge unproductive comments. The point is to make the game less hostile by weeding out people who need to make the game about an argument. I know it's not fun for you either, but if you can't help but argue back it's gonna be a consistent problem in succeeding in an hour long, multiplayer, strategy game.
AKolk (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hhL5rx4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-22T17:24:10.107+0000) > > If someone says something toxic, best way to avoid making things worse is muting immediately and playing as normal. Everyone is looking for a reaction. Show people that the only actions you are willing react to, are playing the game and communicating positively. If you do that, only truly dedicated trolls will report you, which of course will accomplish nothing if you only said nice things and played within the rules. you so far are the most sane one out of the 3 well i didnt really say anything nice or really mean besides *i dont wanna play with toxic hardstucks like you* to a graves who flamed me for an entire match and then i snapped because i was carrying him. i also just posted chat logs with reasons of everything said i will post ticket logs if you like
> [{quoted}](name=AKolk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hhL5rx4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T18:40:59.627+0000) > > you so far are the most sane one out of the 3 well i didnt really say anything nice or really mean besides *i dont wanna play with toxic hardstucks like you* to a graves who flamed me for an entire match and then i snapped because i was carrying him. i also just posted chat logs with reasons of everything said i will post ticket logs if you like One can never learn that which one thinks they already know.
AKolk (NA)
: restricted for 25 games on league of legends
If someone says something toxic, best way to avoid making things worse is muting immediately and playing as normal. Everyone is looking for a reaction. Show people that the only actions you are willing react to, are playing the game and communicating positively. If you do that, only truly dedicated trolls will report you, which of course will accomplish nothing if you only said nice things and played within the rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:55:36.341+0000) > > You're saying that there is no danger of harassment at Pax. Listen to the stories people tell, read anything on google with "pax" and "harassment" keywords. > Ctrl-F for "pax" in my posts here > not found
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T07:27:57.649+0000) > > > Ctrl-F for "pax" in my posts here > > not found Do you really need to break it down for you with every single word in every single comment or you're just gonna do this each time huh just like last time? If that's the case forget it, waste of time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:01:03.761+0000) > > So you are now denying the violence in this country to queer people? Are you assuming it's all lollipops and rainbows now just because you have to hear about it more? I'm not denying it, but I'm wondering why you're bringing it up, because it's irrelevant here. In my area, avoiding men because some of them are bad is like shaking a rattle to keep polar bears away from Africa. "But there are no polar bears within 10,000 miles of Africa!" "See how well it works?" All it does here is spread useless, hurtful sexism.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:26:17.272+0000) > > I'm not denying it, but I'm wondering why you're bringing it up, because it's irrelevant here. In my area, avoiding men because some of them are bad is like shaking a rattle to keep polar bears away from Africa. "But there are no polar bears within 10,000 miles of Africa!" "See how well it works?" All it does here is spread useless, hurtful sexism. You're saying that there is no danger of harassment at Pax. Listen to the stories people tell, read anything on google with "pax" and "harassment" keywords.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:16:09.940+0000) > > Literally someone posted about buying elementalist lux and all I said was "good idea I will too" and you harassed me there as well. It's bullying. I didn't revive anything I just don't have time to dedicate my entire existence to replying to your rude ass comments. Leave me alone just stop looking for reasons to reply to me. I do believe my words there were "I'm glad you guys can support sexism." And yes, you did. https://i.imgur.com/nWLNVxE.jpg See, this thread was dead, you could've just ignored it, it could've been gone. You revived it. And my posts have not been rude, like I said if you want proof of that go to the mods, they'll end up telling you that I've said nothing wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:22:27.281+0000) > > I do believe my words there were "I'm glad you guys can support sexism." > > And yes, you did. > > https://i.imgur.com/nWLNVxE.jpg > > See, this thread was dead, you could've just ignored it, it could've been gone. You revived it. > > And my posts have not been rude, like I said if you want proof of that go to the mods, they'll end up telling you that I've said nothing wrong. You replied and I got a notification so I replied to that, has nothing to do with reopening the thread or the thread dying. Final fun fact you should take to heart, when anyone tells you to stop doing something because it's rude, even if you think they are absurd, insisting it's not rude or that you are not harassing people is not up to you. Based on this convo alone I can tell I'm not the first person to tell you these things, and I'm sure you thought you were being sweat as a peach then too. GOODBYE
: Sexism hasn’t solved anything... and never will.
Literally someone posted about buying elementalist lux and all I said was "good idea I will too" and you harassed me there as well. It's bullying. I didn't revive anything I just don't have time to dedicate my entire existence to replying to your rude ass comments. Leave me alone just stop looking for reasons to reply to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:08:52.678+0000) > > Men were allowed in the room after the women/non-binary event closed. The point of the room was a women/non-binary event. They took space they paid for and used it to create a safe space for people who often feel unsafe. It was not based on biological traits, it was based on gender, as non-binary folk were allowed in. I'm willing to bet trans men were some of the exceptions they spoke of. At this point you are trolling. What straight men lost wasn't just an event meant to be a safe space for the minorities and women, it was part of the core of the event and there wasn't another room when similar things were held and if you had followed this very thread you would have known since I repeated it in various forms so I'd be clear.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T09:11:27.074+0000) > > At this point you are trolling. > > What straight men lost wasn't just an event meant to be a safe space for the minorities and women, it was part of the core of the event and there wasn't another room when similar things were held and if you had followed this very thread you would have known since I repeated it in various forms so I'd be clear. I have been following the thread and I don't take anything you've said seriously. Anyone who sees this event as negative is looking for an excuse to attack people imo and that's all you have been doing. Not even informative just degrading and ridiculously exaggerated. Your idea is that taking some of the giant amount of space men have, the space where we tell you over and over we don't feel safe and that we are being harassed and assaulted, and letting women and enbies feel safe in it for a few hours is as bad as a fascist state.
D3m37r1 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:33:15.070+0000) > > how unsafe conventions can be for us Wut
> [{quoted}](name=D3m37r1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:22:04.916+0000) > > Wut Google Harassment at Pax
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:33:15.070+0000) > > To create a temporary safe space for women and nonbinary folk, as they listened when **those groups expressed how unsafe conventions can be for us**, and wish to appeal to a wider demo than they have aimed at in the past. If that was the reason, why have the activity at a convention *at all*? Targeting a group at a convention that feels unsafe at a convention sounds like trying to find AA members in a bar. Sure, you might find some, but that's not where you'd have the most success, and those who *are* there would apparently be OK with the setting.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=0003000000010001,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:28:27.603+0000) > > If that was the reason, why have the activity at a convention *at all*? Targeting a group at a convention that feels unsafe at a convention sounds like trying to find AA members in a bar. Sure, you might find some, but that's not where you'd have the most success, and those who *are* there would apparently be OK with the setting. Missing the point entirely
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T00:48:50.513+0000) > > Literally I told you to stop harassing me over three times now, and you insist you will continue to respond to every message I post until I stop posting on the boards altogether. What do you think bullying is? I'm not harassing you. And this thread was dead until you brought it up. This is a public forum, I am allowed to choose which threads I join and which I don't. I haven't said anything that any 3rd party would consider as insulting, bullying, or harassing. If you really feel that way, go ahead and ask the mods. They'll go through and they'll see that my replies have absolutely nothing in them like that. Also, I never insisted I would post to everything you post, but you're in the same threads I'm going in and I'm going to post in those threads. Like I said, if you don't like that you could just stop replying to these threads.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T00:53:42.962+0000) > > I'm not harassing you. And this thread was dead until you brought it up. This is a public forum, I am allowed to choose which threads I join and which I don't. I haven't said anything that any 3rd party would consider as insulting, bullying, or harassing. > > If you really feel that way, go ahead and ask the mods. They'll go through and they'll see that my replies have absolutely nothing in them like that. > > Also, I never insisted I would post to everything you post, but you're in the same threads I'm going in and I'm going to post in those threads. Like I said, if you don't like that you could just stop replying to these threads. Nonono it is not you COINCIDENTALLY going to the same threads and commenting you are specifically replying to me each time and picking fights. And sorry I didn't respond immediately to more of your needless aggression sorry I wasn't eager for more of that in my day.
: As a man, I'm glad I've never experienced sexism or harassment
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T01:20:36.203+0000) > > My hurt feelings are exactly as important as another person's scared feelings. No one's safety is in question, and avoiding people in a rich suburb in broad daylight doesn't affect it one way or the other. So you are now denying the violence in this country to queer people? Are you assuming it's all lollipops and rainbows now just because you have to hear about it more?
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:39:08.527+0000) > > Whether or not you are perceived as polite is completely up the the people you speak to, and if someone tells you to leave them alone because you are harassing them it's time to look in the mirror. I do not perceive any of your responses as polite and many of them are flat out bullying and harassment. Definition 3 is the correct one period, and as long as you are still talking about menenism and how there are only two genders, you really don't have a shot at convincing me otherwise. That's not to say you are trying very hard, seems like you are mostly interested in the last lick and not education or keeping an open mind. You can go back to each of my posts, please tell me where I've been impolite. The worst I've done as I recall is the one where you claimed people downvoting are just circlejerking because they're against your beliefs. I haven't insulted, bullied, or done any such thing. I've simply replied to the conversations that I was looking for which happen to be the ones you were.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:44:21.231+0000) > > You can go back to each of my posts, please tell me where I've been impolite. The worst I've done as I recall is the one where you claimed people downvoting are just circlejerking because they're against your beliefs. > > I haven't insulted, bullied, or done any such thing. I've simply replied to the conversations that I was looking for which happen to be the ones you were. Literally I told you to stop harassing me over three times now, and you insist you will continue to respond to every message I post until I stop posting on the boards altogether. What do you think bullying is?
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:27:15.964+0000) > > You are completely choosy about how you define the word, why does it upset you so that I have a preferred definition? Can't you just accept that and stop harassing me every time I post a reply? Because there are 3 definitions there, 1 of which narrows the word, 2 of which agree that sexism occurs regardless of gender. And I'm not harassing you. I'm posting in the same threads you're in because I'm looking for the same discussions you are. If you have such a problem with that all you have to do is stop posting. I've been nothing but polite throughout all my replies.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:31:45.288+0000) > > Because there are 3 definitions there, 1 of which narrows the word, 2 of which agree that sexism occurs regardless of gender. > > And I'm not harassing you. I'm posting in the same threads you're in because I'm looking for the same discussions you are. If you have such a problem with that all you have to do is stop posting. I've been nothing but polite throughout all my replies. Whether or not you are perceived as polite is completely up the the people you speak to, and if someone tells you to leave them alone because you are harassing them it's time to look in the mirror. I do not perceive any of your responses as polite and many of them are flat out bullying and harassment. Definition 3 is the correct one period, and as long as you are still talking about menenism and how there are only two genders, you really don't have a shot at convincing me otherwise. That's not to say you are trying very hard, seems like you are mostly interested in the last lick and not education or keeping an open mind.
: My friend is mad at me and bans me from their Twitch chat on sight.
If someone goes to that much effort to keep you away, they definitely need their space. Make new friends, try to grow from the experience and not blame anyone, but still take responsibility.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:23:00.832+0000) > > "ingrained and institutionalized prejudice against or hatred of women; misogyny." yup that one is accurate, the first is lacking. Yeah, go ahead, pick and choose. > discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex or gender, as in restricted job opportunities, especially such discrimination directed against women.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:24:05.294+0000) > > Yeah, go ahead, pick and choose. You are completely choosy about how you define the word, why does it upset you so that I have a preferred definition? Can't you just accept that and stop harassing me every time I post a reply?
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:20:11.701+0000) > > Discrimination is not synonymous with sexism. One is defined by a situation, the other is defined by millennia of oppression. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q0cH4wI6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:21:22.471+0000) > > https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t "ingrained and institutionalized prejudice against or hatred of women; misogyny." yup that one is accurate, the first is lacking.
: Sexism hasn’t solved anything... and never will.
Discrimination is not synonymous with sexism. One is defined by a situation, the other is defined by millennia of oppression.
yeulx (NA)
: time to take a long break from league
Bye{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:01:30.492+0000) > > They didn't remove anyone. Some men were even allowed in under exceptions. Plenty of rooms were open to everybody. This was simply to make people feel safe as we get harassed specifically by men at conventions constantly. How about you quit going all semantics? Were men allowed in that room so they could enjoy that content? No. Was that content held elsewere to allow all the paying auditors to enjoy it? No. Then it was discrimination and it was based on biological traits and sexual orientation.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:05:51.908+0000) > > How about you quit going all semantics? > > Were men allowed in that room so they could enjoy that content? No. > Was that content held elsewere to allow all the paying auditors to enjoy it? No. > > Then it was discrimination and it was based on biological traits and sexual orientation which translates into Sexism with a capital S. Men were allowed in the room after the women/non-binary event closed. The point of the room was a women/non-binary event. They took space they paid for and used it to create a safe space for people who often feel unsafe. It was not based on biological traits, it was based on gender, as non-binary folk were allowed in. I'm willing to bet trans men were some of the exceptions they spoke of. > [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-04T00:08:18.765+0000) > > It's not outdated at all. Sexism is sexism regardless of what you want to believe. Heck, do I have to get out your post where you admit that men can be discriminated against. If men can be discriminated against there's a word right here for it: Sexism. > > Now you want me to widen my definition of sexism, but adding that of "institutionalized sexism" which is itself using the word to describe itself would be narrowing it, not widening. I could just as easily apply that to my topic [It's definitely outdated. Sexism isn't possible against men, regardless of what you want to believe. Heck, do I have to get out your post where you said you were going to sit in fountain and troll or quit the game until you got what you wanted?] See it just sounds like instigating and not really a discussion when I put it like that huh? Yeah I do want you to broaden your definition of sexism to include the most important part which is the institutionalized oppression that groups of power promote to seek benefit from, where as your current definition is merely the same as the definition for discrimination but with the word sex (or gender as you sometimes state because you are convinced they are the same thing).
: > [{quoted}](name=mikemcparty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:53:22.103+0000) > > From what I just read, it seems like the events were meant for female gamers to have opportunities to work with and connect with females that work for Riot. I don't know, man. This just doesn't upset me. Riot fucked up with the way they let employees mistreat women and they are making a point to try and show that women can do cool things in gaming and want to make their company appealing to women again. But then why ban the men auditors from partecipating? Are they not allowed to get in touch with females working at Riot? Should I stop reading, commenting and quoting Bioluminescence because she is a woman? As I said in the first comment, if Riot thought that the only way to make things up was creating a safe space for female/non binaries players (as much as opinable that might be) ok, it's fine. But you can't remove a core part of the event from other paying auditors and let them in just for the final QnA. It sounds like you are following a university course but you're banned from all the classes but the last 2 so you can ask questions about the course.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:58:53.049+0000) > > But then why ban the men auditors from partecipating? Are they not allowed to get in touch with females working at Riot? Should I stop reading, commenting and quoting Bioluminescence because she is a woman? > > As I said in the first comment, if Riot thought that the only way to make things up was creating a safe space for female/non binaries players (as much as opinable that might be) ok, it's fine. But you can't remove a core part of the event from other paying auditors and let them in just for the final QnA. It sounds like you are following a university course but you're banned from all the classes but the last 2 so you can ask questions about the course. They didn't remove anyone. Some men were even allowed in under exceptions. Plenty of rooms were open to everybody. This was simply to make people feel safe as we get harassed specifically by men at conventions constantly. > [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:59:37.818+0000) > > If you used it as the source for Irony then you consider it a credible source. > > If it's credible for Ironic it's credible for Sexism. > > Keep digging that hole buddy. I used it as a source for irony not sexism, and then immediately agreed I could stand to widen my definition of irony. Sexism is one of the words I (and many people if you simply google it) deem to be commonly outdated in most dictionaries, however the definition on dictionarydotcom wasn't the worst I'd ever seen as it at least included institutionalized oppression. You could stand to widen your definition of sexism as well. But that's not what you came here to talk about is it?
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:54:25.548+0000) > > You can't be sexist to men because sexism is institutionalized oppression that a group in power perpetuates to seek benefit from. No such power structure exists oppressing men and benefiting women. Everyone can be discriminated against, sexism can affect men indirectly, but it's women who actually suffer regularly because of it. To say men deal with similar discrimination or that people are sexist to men, is to ignore generations of social progress. Sexism is discrimination against someone based on their gender. You can be female and be sexist towards men. Therefore sexism against men exists. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t Please, re-read the definition from the site you yourself used as a source. In case you don't want to click the link > discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex or gender, as in restricted job opportunities,
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:55:45.587+0000) > > Sexism is discrimination against someone based on their gender. You can be female and be sexist towards men. Therefore sexism against men exists. > > https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t > > Please, re-read the definition from the site you yourself used as a source. I never used dictionary.com as a source for a definition of sexism that was all you. I used it as a source for a definition of irony. Keep it up with the not-uhs super convincing argument. You sound like every other menenist to me so far, hoping to see something fresh.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:48:27.842+0000) > > Autocorrect sorry, good catch. The new thing you wrote is wrong by meaning though. Discriminating because of a sexual orientation/identification IS sexism by definition, and don't start re-linking all the dictionary stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003000000010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:50:32.791+0000) > > The new thing you wrote is wrong by meaning though. Discriminating because of a sexual orientation/identification IS sexism by definition, and don't start re-linking all the dictionary stuff. You can't be sexist to men because sexism is institutionalized oppression that a group in power perpetuates to seek benefit from. No such power structure exists oppressing men and benefiting women. Everyone can be discriminated against, sexism can affect men indirectly, but it's women who actually suffer regularly because of it. To say men deal with similar discrimination or that people are sexist to men, is to ignore generations of social progress.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:44:03.979+0000) > > Sexism doesn't exist against women. You might want to rephrase that because you just told something like: "you can't be sexist against women".
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:46:06.178+0000) > > You might want to rephrase that because you just told something like: "you can't be sexist against women". Autocorrect sorry, good catch.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:38:26.381+0000) > > Please stop instigating I told you to leave me be. Also you definition fits my point so.. thanks? You want me to stop replying, then stop posting. It fits my point just fight about how sexism is against both genders so...
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:43:22.815+0000) > > You want me to stop replying, then stop posting. > > It fits my point just fight about how sexism is against both genders so... Your logic: "if you want me to stop instigating fights stop using the forums altogether." Gender is a spectrum. Sexism doesn't exist against men.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:35:36.088+0000) > > By definition, it wasn't irony. If you have some other definition of irony to share I'd be open to it. Irony is a very broad literary device that does not only apply to its definition alone. For example, when someone is banned for spouting profanities in game for violating the toxicity rule, but Daniel Klein is allowed to spout profanities at anyone who has a different opinion, this is seen as ironic. Similarly, Brauminator's comments about incels, while he himself acts in a very similar fashion, can be seen as ironic. Is it a bit more clear now?
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:39:38.512+0000) > > Irony is a very broad literary device that does not only apply to its definition alone. For example, when someone is banned for spouting profanities in game for violating the toxicity rule, but Daniel Klein is allowed to spout profanities at anyone who has a different opinion, this is seen as ironic. > > Similarly, Brauminator's comments about incels, while he himself acts in a very similar fashion, can be seen as ironic. > > Is it a bit more clear now? Not at all because you picked a topic tainted by your opinion. I'm open to the idea of irony having a broader definition, and will research it myself since you don't want to explain it without bias.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:17:36.202+0000) > > https://www.dictionary.com/e/ironic/ the most abused word in the English language. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t And here's the word you need to learn.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003000000010001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:30:58.584+0000) > > https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sexism?s=t And here's the word you need to learn. Please stop instigating I told you to leave me be. Also you definition fits my point so.. thanks?
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:27:13.920+0000) > > It's just a common expression, because it's commonly abused. There is no irony in the statement: "Well said, OP. But yes, here comes the downvote train. Brace yourself for incel drivel!" Irony is intentionally using opposing language in a facetious way, often for humor. Braumenator's words were figurative as there is no literal train, but it's not an example of irony. If something they said contradicted your line of thinking, that also does not make it irony. The irony being used here was Braumenator's words on other posts, where he attacks "incels" (Defined as: a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like sexual objects and thinks his lack of a sex life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude.) in the exact same way that they supposedly attack women, whether it be via social media, in person, or to themselves. Sorry, I'll be more clear next time. It's not that they contradicted my line of thinking, lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:33:21.559+0000) > > The irony being used here was Braumenator's words on other posts, where he attacks "incels" (Defined as: a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like sexual objects and thinks his lack of a sex life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude.) in the exact same way that they supposedly attack women, whether it be via social media, in person, or to themselves. > > Sorry, I'll be more clear next time. It's not that they contradicted my line of thinking, lmao. By definition, it wasn't irony. If you have some other definition of irony to share I'd be open to it.
D3m37r1 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:56:03.649+0000) > > https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/9c6f9h/daniel_z_klein_is_calling_the_league_community/ > > You may have heard that Riot was excluding men from their activities at PAX. Now when fans tweeted how annoyed they were by it, this joker called them "manbabies," all because these fans spent their money and time to get to PAX only to see one of their favorite games bar them over being a man. > Needless to say, he's a disgrace. What was riot's reason for excluding men?
> [{quoted}](name=D3m37r1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xLtAfibr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:24:52.693+0000) > > What was riot's reason for excluding men? To create a temporary safe space for women and nonbinary folk, as they listened when those groups expressed how unsafe conventions can be for us, and wish to appeal to a wider demo than they have aimed at in the past.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:17:36.202+0000) > > https://www.dictionary.com/e/ironic/ the most abused word in the English language. You got statistics for that? Or are you just whipping the out of your ass? Kinda disappointing that you can't see it being used there in the correct form, but I'm really not expecting much.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:19:34.311+0000) > > You got statistics for that? Or are you just whipping the out of your ass? Kinda disappointing that you can't see it being used there in the correct form, but I'm really not expecting much. It's just a common expression, because it's commonly abused. There is no irony in the statement: "Well said, OP. But yes, here comes the downvote train. Brace yourself for incel drivel!" Irony is intentionally using opposing language in a facetious way, often for humor. Braumenator's words were figurative as there is no literal train, but it's not an example of irony. If something they said contradicted your line of thinking, that also does not make it irony.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brauminator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:09:44.319+0000) > > Well said, OP. But yes, here comes the downvote train. Brace yourself for incel drivel! Using Incel as your buzzword is as bad as people of the opposite opinion using SJW as a buzzword. How ironic.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:11:29.686+0000) > > Using Incel as your buzzword is as bad as people of the opposite opinion using SJW as a buzzword. > > How ironic. https://www.dictionary.com/e/ironic/ the most abused word in the English language.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Brauminator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:08:44.197+0000) > > "Mass exodus" = maybe 100 incels, generously Hot damn roast 'em {{sticker:sg-syndra}}
: It's not even really the Pax issue. 90% of the reaction has just been the same regurgitated anti-"SJW" vitriol that fills reddit on a daily basis. All these champions of men's rights just saw their opportunity and came flying out of the woodwork.
> [{quoted}](name=xxxDogmanxxx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EHZpZAX1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-03T23:05:06.025+0000) > > It's not even really the Pax issue. 90% of the reaction has just been the same regurgitated anti-"SJW" vitriol that fills reddit on a daily basis. All these champions of men's rights just saw their opportunity and came flying out of the woodwork. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Crett (NA)
: I personally don't agree at all with people's issues with the PAX event
Thanks for sharing your feelings! I think you should edit some more grammar stuff to make this more seen. Otherwise great post {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mWAvQxrI,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:31:25.330+0000) > > Three sentences is a one liner to you? They said all they needed to say. They stand by their choice, despite what a portion of the player base believes. It essentially IS a oneliner. I know your stance on the matter and I don't agree with it at all. I prefer equality.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mWAvQxrI,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:48:53.259+0000) > > It essentially IS a oneliner. I know your stance on the matter and I don't agree with it at all. I prefer equality. I prefer equity. Also I didn't ask.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wwspsk3A,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:34:50.888+0000) > > Gender is a spectrum there is an infinite number and it varies based on culture more than anything. As for the cookie analogy do you really need me to explain why that has nothing to do with what we are "discussing"? Now that is a belief, there is no science backing that up. Now you're trying to deflect into a different discussion trying to get other people who hold similar beliefs to you on your side because although I respect you have your beliefs they are yours and you can't force them on someone else, just like how I have my religious beliefs that don't have scientific backing can't force them on you. Seixsm is sexism, regardless of which gender it is against.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wwspsk3A,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:37:47.063+0000) > > Now that is a belief, there is no science backing that up. Now you're trying to deflect into a different discussion trying to get other people who hold similar beliefs to you on your side because although I respect you have your beliefs they are yours and you can't force them on someone else, just like how I have my religious beliefs that don't have scientific backing can't force them on you. > > Seixsm is sexism, regardless of which gender it is against. You are the one who brought up sex and gender. You took the conversation in this route. This post is about skins and supporting riot. If you respect my beliefs why won't you leave me alone? I told you to stop harassing me every time I talk on the boards, this time I wasn't even talking about social beliefs and you made it about your agenda. If you really respect the way I think, know when it's time to stop following me just for the sake of your rhetoric. Sexism doesn't happen to men, discrimination does.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wwspsk3A,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:29:49.454+0000) > > Sexism is institutionalized oppression that a group in power seeks to benefit from. Women have no such institution and don't benefit from discrimination against men. Sexism is discrimination against EITHER gender regardless of who's in power. If a woman owns a stand and charges 50 cents for a cookie. Then turns around and charges a man $1.50 for the exact same thing, that's sexist.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wwspsk3A,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:31:47.938+0000) > > Sexism is discrimination against EITHER gender regardless of who's in power. If a woman owns a stand and charges 50 cents for a cookie. Then turns around and charges a man $1.50 for the exact same thing, that's sexist. Gender is a spectrum there is an infinite number and it varies based on culture more than anything. As for the cookie analogy do you really need me to explain why that has nothing to do with what we are "discussing"? > [{quoted}](name=Dancing Foxx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wwspsk3A,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:33:03.157+0000) > > What a wonderful friend you are! I'm sure they will appreciate it very much! {{sticker:sg-kiko}} You are too kind haha add me if you wanna play some time, fair warning I don't have a regular play schedule.
: > [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mWAvQxrI,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:18:27.147+0000) > > This exactly. Just because you don't approve of their statement, doesn't mean they didn't release one. It's too little, that's all. You can't put out a oneliner for such a controversial problem and expect people to be satisfied.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mWAvQxrI,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-03T22:26:31.230+0000) > > It's too little, that's all. You can't put out a oneliner for such a controversial problem and expect people to be satisfied. Three sentences is a one liner to you? They said all they needed to say. They stand by their choice, despite what a portion of the player base believes.
Show more

Eryl Fauna

Level 266 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion