Rioter Comments
: Reminder that we haven't gotten our Summoner report cards yet :/
This is a glorious idea. This would allow us to track both how toxic we are as well as how effective our reports are.
: Competitive Ruling: Li "Vasilii" Wei Jun
He's donezo anyway. He's not coming back. It's not a permanent ban? Doesn't matter -- he won't be back. 1) Nobody will want the wife-beater on their team. No brand will destroy its image that way. This isn't the NFL and we aren't NFL fans -- we are responsive to that sort of thing. NFL fans are religiously devoted to their teams and brand loyalty is fierce there. Regardless of what Zirene said, that's not a good thing. That religious brand loyalty the NFL has is what lets wife-beaters and rapists stay in the NFL. The brands know fans will stay regardless. We don't have that in e-sports. We don't have the religious brand loyalty that people are willing to commit violence over. We don't have the testosterone-fueled fans who think that's acceptable. We won't tolerate that -- just look at the comments. "Only 20 months for beating his girlfriend", the fans want it to be permanent. Any team that picks him up when he comes back would lose fan support. 2) He'll come back at 25 -- old in gamer years. His best years of play are behind him. He'll come back a husk of what he was, having no synergy with anyone and being used to the solo queue environment. It'll require a complete shift that he won't have the time for. By the time he's allowed to play again, comes back, gets a team, melds with that team, sheds his solo queue habits he'll pick up over his two year ban, and is a viable force on the Rift again? He'll be old enough that his mechanics and reflexes will have deteriorated and he won't be good enough to play at the highest level any more. He's gone. Good riddance.
Pai Chan (NA)
: Champion Select toxicity (what can be done?)
Play the game, lose the LP, report him, and only hover champions if there's a synergy pick (Xayah/Rakan) or if it's a frequently banned champion.
: In all seriousness, should Twisted Fate not be built like hybrid Kayle?
This is a symptom of a larger problem -- Nashor's Tooth and some other items are exceptionally weak, and the value of stats as a whole in the game are way off. This is the same reason Orianna and Diana don't build Nashor's despite having synergy built into their kits, why Vayne built crit for the longest time instead of going on-hit, and why Lucian/Corki don't build Manamune. There's several items in the game that need buffed, Nashor's and Manamune among them, but that won't solve the issue. The only thing that would fix this whole thing of "OP items" being better than "synergy items" is for the stats of Attack Damage and Ability Power as a whole to be reworked. There's only a couple of champions in the game that can justify building an Attack Speed item first, and that's because Attack Speed as a stat is too weak.
: Whats the point of merc treads if everything is a knockup
I think it's impossible to code knockups working with tenacity, or at least very difficult. Knockups and displacements have a distance involved, and if the duration was reduced, it would interact with the distance, so a Tenacity-modified Rocket Grab might not pull all the way to Blitzcrank, which means he can't Power Fist -- which is now modified by Tenacity, but that creates an odd situation where champions are running while airborne because the distance won't change so the fall time won't change but the duration is reduced so the stun isn't in effect but the champion's model is still in the air. Alistar Headbutt would not knock away as far, but that helps Alistar then chain it into the Trample, so building it against Alistar is actively bad. And how does it interact with self-CC like Caitlyn's net? There's a bunch of problems with letting knockups and displacements be affected by Tenacity.
: NA LCS: Format update for 2018
Why can't we do something akin to the LCK/LPL format in NA LCS? For those who don't watch LCK or LPL, they play Bo3s but they have many game days so there's no need for split streams. For example, Summer Split 2017 Week 2 of LCK: Tuesday: AFS v SSG, ROX v KT Wednesday: JAG v EEW, SKT v LZ Thursday: MVP v SSG, AFS v BBQ Saturday: JAG v LZ, SKT v EEW Sunday: BBQ v ROX, KT v MVP It's also possible to do a format where the season extends from 9 weeks to 10 or more weeks, creating a system where 1 Bo3 is played every day all season long. In a format like this: 1) Teams still get Bo3s that prepares them for Worlds. We need this for anyone to ever watch Worlds. The winner of Worlds is already a foregone conclusion, this just makes it even more set in stone that no team not named SKT will ever take home the Summoner's Cup. 2) The entertainment value is still there. No dual streams because we won't ever have two series being played simultaneously (unless you're doing a Bot Lane Stream or something of the sort). No dual streams means viewers get to watch all the games instead of half the games. 3) Advertisers will no longer be hampered by the dual streams and miss half the audience because they're watching the other stream. 4) Since players don't ever play 2 days in a row in the LCK format, it helps ensure that players aren't playing tired or tilted, generally improving the quality of every team and every game. This also allows teams to do VOD reviews on the day in between to better fix their problems and prepare for their next match. 5) Since LCK have won more worlds than they haven't won (3 titles for SKT and 1 for SSG out of a potential 6), it's obviously a good format for the strength of teams (unless you're claiming that Korean genetics or the Korean language creates that much of a gap). I must ask you, Riot: How much money did SKT T1 pay you to change NA to Bo1s?
: What the fuck is a blitcrank pull, not a snare, stun, suppress or any displcement that prevents move
There's an interaction with certain movement abilities that if a hook lands in the middle of the cast time, it's buffered and the movement ability doesn't stop. Two such abilities are Tristana's Rocket Jump and Ezreal's Arcane Shift. This is true for any CC ability, not just a Blitzcrank Q. Thresh hooks work this way, as do Lux snares, Renekton stuns, Ryze roots, and even Malzahar ults. If you hit any of these or any other CC on an Ezreal who has buffered Arcane Shift properly, he'll be hit with the CC on the other side of the blink (so he's usually safe). Tristana works the same way. Unlike Ezreal, Tristana can be hit mid-leap and be knocked out of her jump, but her jump can be buffered to overwrite stuns.
Slythion (NA)
: PSA about Support Itemization
The solution to this "support itemization" issue already exists -- Spellthief's Edge, Ancient Coin and Relic Shield. Just drive up the gold generation of these items, but increase the penalty for last hitting lane minions while having them so that laners don't buy them AND last hit in lane. Making it work in such a way like "wielders get half the gold from minion kills within X seconds of using the Tribute/Favor/Spoils", while giving a huge spike to the passive gold generation (the +2 gold per 10 seconds part) and the power of Tribute/Favor/Spoils to get gold would just give supports enough gold to buy regular items and completely avoid the problem. It would passively nerf utility supports, but they can be buffed back into relevance by just making them scale better off utility items. We already have the stat in the game to add to all the utility support items (and increase their cost) -- Heal and Shield Power. All the utility support items like Redemption would have even more heal and shield power than they currently do (but cost a lot more), and the utlity supports can use the greatly increased gold generation from their buffed Eye of the Oasis to afford them. Additionally, abilities whose utility scales off AP such as Nami's movement speed boosts could be changed to scale off of Heal and Shield Power. Tank supports would build the Eye of the Equinox in an otherwise full tank build. Eye of the Equinox, boots, and all top lane tank items from there on out such as {{item:3143}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3193}} {{item:3065}} . Mage supports would build the Eye of the Watchers in an otherwise full mage build. Eye of the Watchers, boots, and all mid lane mage items from there on out such as {{item:3089}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3116}} etc.
: no. leona should be fighter. if ur not takin her top with {{item:3078}} {{item:3748}} ur playin her wrong
> [{quoted}](name=LadyRenly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2AE2TiiY,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-08-04T04:11:23.280+0000) > > no. leona should be fighter. > > if ur not takin her top with {{item:3078}} {{item:3748}} ur playin her wrong Have you tried the {{item:3068}} {{item:3025}} build? Now with {{item:3193}} she can get every bit as unkillable as a Maokai in the top lane.
: Am I the only one who thinks Muramana is in a terrible state right now?
The only way that the Tear of the Goddess and items that build from it is if it works Heroes of the Storm style. Essentially, that would be: Tear of the Goddess -- 750g (250g combine cost) +250 Mana Unique Passive -- Awe: Refunds 15% of mana spent. Unique Passive -- Mana Charge: Grants +4 maximum mana on spell cast or Mana expenditure (up to twice per 8 seconds). Archangel's Staff -- 3100g (1100g combine cost) +80 Ability Power +250 Mana Unique Passive -- Awe: Refunds 25% of mana spent. Increases Ability Power by 3% of maximum mana. Unique Passive -- Mana Charge: Grants +8 maximum mana on spell cast or Mana expenditure (up to 2x per 8 seconds). When Mana Charge has created +750 mana, transform into Seraph's Embrace. Seraph's Embrace +80 Ability Power +250 Mana Unique Passive -- Awe: Refunds 25% of mana spent. Increases Ability Power by 3% of maximum mana. Unique Passive -- Mana Charge: Grants +4 maximum mana on spell cast or Mana expenditure (up to 2x per 8 seconds). Unique Active -- Mana Shield: Consumes 20% of current mana to generate a shield for 150 + 20% of current mana. Manamune -- +25 Attack Damage +250 Mana Unique Passive -- Awe: Refunds 15% of mana spent. Increases Attack Damage by 2% of maximum mana. Unique Passive -- Mana Charge: Grants +4 maximum mana on basic attack, spell cast, or Mana expenditure (up to 2x per 8 seconds). When Mana Charge has created +750 mana, transform into Muramana. Muramana +25 Attack Damage +250 Mana Unique Passive -- Awe: Refunds 15% of mana spent. Increases Attack Damage by 2% of maximum mana. Unique Passive -- Mana Charge: Grants +4 maximum mana on basic attack, spell cast, or Mana expenditure (up to 2x per 8 seconds). Unique Passive -- Shock: Single target spells and attacks (on hit) on Champions consume 3% of maximum mana to deal bonus physical damage equal to twice the mana consumed. Only active while you are at 20% maximum mana or higher. What did I do? I put the Mana Charge passive onto Seraph's and Muramana. Why is this so powerful? Now you are infinite. The difference is, now it's a soft cap. You gain the bonuses of current Seraph's (the shield) and Muramana (the on-hit) -- but your mana doesn't quit scaling. The scaling slows back down because the soft cap items lose their doubled potential usage bonus, but it doesn't stop. Buyers continue to gain maximum mana throughout the game even after hitting the Seraph's/Muramana break point -- which in turn scales the Awe passives to deal more and more damage the longer the game goes. Just like Nasus, Sion, Cho'Gath, Bard, and Veigar's scalings, these items are infinite. Ezreal will come back into the meta. Spell spamming marksmen who didn't build Muramana before will start (Lucian, Corki). Jayce will build it again so he can scale into the late game. And yes, they need it to cut through all the big tanks that are popular right now with Stoneplate.
: Means there needs to be an item the reduces shield power like their is for healing power.
> [{quoted}](name=KillaEptic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ow9nbHBB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-08-05T00:25:07.139+0000) > > Means there needs to be an item the reduces shield power like their is for healing power. Make GW affect shielding?
: well Riot doesn't want {{champion:134}} stomping every lane matchup as she's a top-tier midlaner as it is
"Riot doesn't want {{champion:134}} stomping every lane matchup". Why not just nerf Syndra then instead of buffing someone who counters her (and most of the mid lane champion pool)?
: Why do you get mad if someone bans the champion you wanted to play?
When the enemy team bans a champion you wanted to play, it's good strategy on their part. Banning out my Lux (my most played champion) is a good idea when playing against me. Banning away clearly overpowered champions or counter picks to what they want to play is also a good strategy. When your own team bans the champion you wanted to play, it's almost always a bad strategy, even if it's something way off-meta (Quinn top) or something that a lot of players are really bad at (Yasuo). When someone's hovering an off-meta pick or a champion that a lot of people are bad at, there's two options: either they're a troll or they aren't. If they're a troll, there's 130+ champions they can pick in that role to troll. If they aren't a troll, they're probably hovering it because that's their best pick in that lane. So if they're a troll, banning the off-meta pick or common feed pick they're hovering won't help, they'll just troll on something else. If they aren't a troll, you just banned away their best chance of being useful in the game. How is it a good idea to ban away your allies' champions? (Only exception is if you don't have first pick and it's a near 100% pick/ban rate champion, like Zac has been for quite a while) It's like the difference between backing on a ward at low health and dying to a Jinx rocket, and dying to a Jinx rocket that was going to hit your full HP tank if the tank didn't Flash out of the way of it and let it hit you for the kill. One is a good play by the Jinx to have a ward down where you were recalling and noticing you there at low HP to fire the rocket. The other is a terrible play by your own teammate who should want you to not die.
Rexxiee (NA)
: Can we revert the last fizz nerf?
Good. Fizz needs to be weak because he's bullshit if he's any good.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Your winning but 1 guy spams surrender votes
Starting surrender while ahead = inting so just report him.
: What do champs say when they level up a skill?
Syndra has lines when she maxes a skill out. "My potential is limitless", "Barriers exist to be broken", etc.
: Lux Mains In A Nutshell
How is that a decision? Doran's Ring for mid Lux, Spellthief's for support Lux. Easy.
obsesse (NA)
: Ultimate Bravery/troll builds; how is this viewed in the context of reports?
As far as troll builds are concerned, my suggestion is to live and die by the AP Garen Rule. Riot actually uses guidelines very similar to these ones to determine if someone is intentionally feeding or not based on their build. All of the following are violations of the AP Garen Rule and are considered "troll builds": 1) Building Attack Damage on any champion that has no abilities that scale with Attack Damage OR Attack Speed steroids OR Attack Damage steroids. 2) Building Ability Power on any champion that has no abilities that scale with Ability Power. 3) Building Attack Speed or Critical Strike on any champion that has no abilities that enhance auto attacks (Attack Speed steroids, Critical Strike scalings, Attack Speed scalings, "on next auto attack" abilities). 4) Building Mana on a champion that does not use Mana as a resource. 5) Building multiple of an item that is less than 100% gold efficient when not including the item's unique passive(s). 6) The item Hextech Gunblade is an exception to rules 1), 2), and 3). 7) The items Sheen, Trinity Force, Lich Bane, and Iceborn Gauntlet are exceptions to rule 4). 8) The item The Black Cleaver is an exception to rule 5). As a player, as long as you steer clear of these violations, you won't be banned for int feeding because of your "troll" build. Notice how Anklespankin is still allowed to play and hasn't been banned, despite his numerous videos on YouTube of things like AP Lucian. This is because his builds never violate the AP Garen Rule. As a community voice, only report players who violate these rules. It really helps Riot sort through all the reports and ban the people who need banned.
: Are for Profit Tournaments legal?
Organizations like fraternities commonly have Halo or CoD tournaments for profit. I was in a fraternity that did multiple for-profit Halo tournaments on campus as a fund raiser to help us pay our bills. I don't think we ever did League of Legends though. The legality may be different, but Meltdown E-Sports operates e-sports bars in cities across Europe where League of Legends tournaments and leagues are commonly held. Meltdown events aren't directly for-profit (they don't make as much money from entry fees as they pay out in prizes), but since they occur at Meltdown e-sports bars where the players and viewers purchase drinks and food, Meltdown makes a lot of money from them. The events are just a tactic for Meltdown to get people in the door so they can buy (highly profitable) alcoholic beverages. It may also be similar to unsanctioned Magic: The Gathering tournaments done by game shops.
: Why is riot destroying all fun for players with less than 16 champs with yasuo and riven free2play?
Spend some $$$, buy some RP for champions, and play draft with bans so they can be banned every game. That's my best suggestion.
: So explain why LeBlancs kit was so toxic and uninteractive for enemies
They decided her identity was her mobility, so they took away the instant part of her burst to make her stick around for a second and a half, waiting for her sigil to activate so she could do her damage. With mobility as strong as hers, also being able to burst anyone who didn't have 4 MR items from 100-0 in under a quarter second was too much. The sigil change was so that during the time she was waiting for her sigil to activate, she could be hit with a CC ability from someone on her victim's team (and I'm saying victim, not opponent, because she makes League of Legends closer to Slenderman than HotS). I still ban her every single game. If they hadn't reworked Galio, I wouldn't because I was able to play old Galio into her, but with the Galio rework, he doesn't provide the same answer as he did before.
: > [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RTTMaEML,comment-id=000a0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T02:01:42.004+0000) > > True! I've always thought it was a bit weird that in 3v2's aren't counted as 3 is majority... Help me bring awareness :)
> [{quoted}](name=Blood Lyrics,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RTTMaEML,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T02:03:22.486+0000) > > Help me bring awareness :) It's a supermajority required to surrender a game (66%).
Sintama (NA)
: Ranked: versus Golds and Plats. Normals: Plats and Diamonds. Can't catch a break.
If your MMR is higher than your skill, you're going to lose a lot of games as your MMR normalizes. Once it normalizes, you'll get paired against the Silvers you should be playing against.
: Are there any female esports players in LoL?
UoL Audrey H2K Proxyfox FLY Remilia That's pretty much it.
: How does %HP damage work against Kled?
Kled's max HP is always counted as Kled + Skarrl regardless of if he's mounted or dismounted.
AR URF (NA)
: What happened to banning being relevant to what you're playing?
I like playing immobile mages. Yasuo and other assassins counter immobile mages. So I'm always going to ban an assassin.
: You know why Melee carries are better design than Ranged carries?
Ashe has utility. Lucian has mobility. Ezreal has safety. Caitlyn has safety too, but her safety is different than Ezreal's. Caitlyn has safety against mages by outranging them from the back line. Ezreal has safety against assassins with his mobility. Graves has tankiness. Twitch has stealth. Kog'Maw has HP shred. Vayne has true damage. Sivir has teamwide chase. Kalista has objective securing. Jhin has execute damage. Varus has anti-healing debuff. How is this not different?
: @Riot How the Heck do these Surrenders fail? Please explain.
Because it isn't a majority requirement, it's a supermajority (66%). OP, you're posting from an NA account, so it's fairly logical for me to assume you're from the United States, since it's by far the largest nation in NA. In the United States, a congressional bill passes with a simple majority (50.1%). After passing both houses with a 50.1% majority, the bill lands on the President's desk to be signed or vetoed. If the President vetoes the bill, Congress can override the executive veto with a supermajority in both houses (66%). Surrendering a game is like overriding a Presidential veto. It needs better than a simple majority -- it needs a supermajority, and for good reason, because the people who voted against the surrender still lose LP if it goes through. Try surrendering a Twisted Treeline game 2-1. It goes through, because 2-1 is a supermajority with 66.66% (repeating, of course) to surrender. When a game goes to 4v5, 3-1 surrenders will go through becaues 3-1 is a supermajority with 75% to surrender. 3-2 votes fail because 3-2 is only a 60% to surrender and doesn't reach supermajority thresholds. And "Abstain" votes (which is when someone doesn't vote) is not a vote in favor, so it's effectively a vote against.
: can we make the FF at 15 Normal FF? like 3-2 ff is done? or 4-1?
No. If it were up to me, I'd make surrenders harder, not easier. Any game in Bronze or Silver can be thrown at any time and often is thrown at least somewhat. The only way to lose a game in Bronze is to give up before the opposing team throws. Someone will start making the "we can end" or "we can baron" call too early and get their team aced. Someone will flame because the support was caught out or because the opponent went to 3v1 the split pusher. Teammates will refuse to group. People in higher rankings throw games too, just usually not as often or as hard. I had an entire topic about a set of icons near the FPS and ping indicators that show some requirements for surrender. One was Gold, with a coin icon that turned red if your team was 10k gold down. One was Towers, with a turret icon that turned red if your team had an inhibitor down while the enemy team had outer turrets standing. One was AFK, with a "4v5" icon that turned red if a player was disconnected. One was Kills, with a sword icon that turned red if your team was down twenty kills. And unless one of those icons was red, no surrender would be allowed. Surrendering more games because of salt instead of learning things to use to play from behind in the future is a bad thing.
Breaku (NA)
: but saying "Garen get's armor pen that costs 0 gold from his E" takes way longer than just saying free?
> [{quoted}](name=Breaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bq1H0bUR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-04T11:40:05.892+0000) > > but saying "Garen get's armor pen that costs 0 gold from his E" takes way longer than just saying free? That's not the idea behind this post. The idea behind this post, though I disagree with it, is that the effects aren't free -- they (usually) cost a champion elsewhere in their power budget. For the example of Garen, having Armor Penetration on the E means that the ability does less base damage and has lower scaling from Attack Damage than it would if he didn't have the Armor Penetration. Ultimately this makes him weaker against squishy targets and stronger against tanks than the other way would, since he gets more effect from a percent armor shred against targets with high armor. It also means that Garen is likely to build a Black Cleaver to emphasize this strength and build tank items from there, and encourages players to situationally pick Garen if their allies are showing a physical damage heavy team comp. Garen is stronger if his allies are playing physical damage champions such as jungle Nocturne, mid lane Zed, and bot lane Caitlyn. He is weaker if his allies are playing magic damage champions like jungle Diana, mid lane Syndra, and bot lane Ziggs. So when you call Garen's armor shred "free", it's actually an ability that changes how to play Garen and when Garen is a strong pick. I disagree with the idea OP has, because some champions could lose functionality and still be effective. Yasuo, for example, has two abilities that are extremely high impact in team fights (Windwall and Last Breath). Windwall can entirely negate ultimates from champions like Miss Fortune, Lucian, or Ezreal. Last Breath can be used to completely turn a fight, because it's an AoE crowd control with significant attached damage. I've seen fights where we pick off three members, then eat a 5-man Command: Shockwave into a 5-man Last Breath and get aced 2v5. Yasuo losing the bonus armor penetration on critical strikes would not change how he plays or take that ability away from him. Garen's armor penetration changes Garen from a melee carry into a juggernaut. Yasuo's armor penetration makes him a better melee carry. Yasuo's armor penetration is free. Garen's is not.
Keyru (NA)
: Looking for Wardens - Volunteer Moderation
I submitted for Gameplay since that's the board I'm most active in. I'd ideally like to work for Riot as a lore writer in the future, and I've published a fantasy novel, so this might be a good start for me to prove myself.
: Can we all make an effort to be more lenient on auto-filled players please.
Also, most players should recognize the pool of champions that can be flexed (in solo queue, not talking about the LCS stage) from A role to B role. Knowing that Lux/Vel'koz/Orianna (mid laners), Trundle/Camille (top laners), and Ivern (a jungler) can be flexed to support could be the difference between feeding your ass off when being autofilled support and being a positive aspect to the team when being autofilled support. The idea is "It takes a different build, but the champion's mechanics are one less thing you need to try to learn in the space of one game". Someone who plays Lux mid (even if they're not a Lux main but have a fair number of games on the champion) would have a far easier time playing Lux as a support than trying to play Rakan or Janna support.
: Kaiju eSports recruiting silver and gold players!
IGN: Espy Psyche Team: KES Apocalypse Current Solo Queue Rank: Silver 3 Current Flex Queue Rank: Bronze 3 (haven't played flex since placements) Primary Role: Support Primary Role Champion Pool: Lux, Orianna, Taliyah, Brand, Sona, Karma (Secondary Role: Mid Secondary Role Champion Pool: Syndra, Xayah, Xerath, Ziggs, Varus)
: SKT repeats as MSI Champion after dominant run
There's exactly one scenario that will result in anyone other than SKT winning worlds in the forseeable future: Kim Jong Un nuking Seoul while the players are there..
Rioter Comments
: TEAM APRICITY! RECRUITING PLAYERS FROM BRONZE-GOLD
Mid laner here. {{champion:134}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:498}}
: Marksman Have Heal; Supports Have Exhaust. Why Not The Other Way Around?
The part of this argument that nobody's mentioned: {{item:3504}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3222}} Supports build these items and these items affect the Heal summoner spell. This means a support's Heal is literally stronger than a marksman's Heal.
: Malz Mains: If he were given a full rework, what is the one ability you would want to see kept?
I play him in the mid lane as a counter to assassins. The ability I need the most to beat assassins mid is the E. It lets me farm and trade from safety since I can max it first and put the DoT on minions and let them farm themselves.
: What would you change the build path to? Just curious.
> [{quoted}](name=The Lost Marbles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wrHYwg04,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-04T01:28:12.840+0000) > > What would you change the build path to? Just curious. Just build from the Ruby Crystal and not the Kindlegem. That's -50 HP from the item, so the component HP is 400 and the item HP is 425. And since CDR isn't a basic stat anyway, losing the Kindlegem's CDR doesn't matter since that stat is always added in combines.
: Optimal Esports Academy LF NIGHTIME Starting/Sub Mid lane (Tryouts now preferably)
IGN: Espy Psyche Age: 28 Mid lane champ pool: -- Mages: {{champion:101}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:127}} -- Marksmen: {{champion:498}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:126}} -- Supports that I can flex mid: {{champion:63}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:90}} (Supports that I can flex mid is two categories: champions normally played as support that I take mid lane, and champions that go in the mid lane that I play as support but could bring back mid.) (And no, I don't play assassins. When we need an AD mid lane because we have Ziggs ADC or something, I'll take a marksman instead.) Discord: Y Shotcaller: Y Strengths: Split pushing (1-3-1), objective-focused calls, laning (in most matchups), warding/vision Weaknesses: Not much practice time due to working full time with a commute
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Taric x Ezreal is still a meme but It is never gonna happen. I hope.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EGZpHntZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-30T13:28:57.708+0000) > > Taric x Ezreal is still a meme but It is never gonna happen. I hope. They killed that meme a long time ago by announcing that Ezreal x Lux is canon.
: Wow, autofill really shortens Q times and makes the game balanced!
Why is nobody posting the obvious solution of just making a dodge cause the same LP loss as losing the game? That way, if you actually have to leave in champ select, you can without being banned, but people won't dodge to avoid losses any more because they just get a 100% chance to lose compared to an 80% chance to lose.
: Does the community even want AP support items?
Everyone bitches about supports having damage and AP, but trust me, when it's gone, you'll beg for it back. Nobody likes to support. This is because all of your power is invisible. It doesn't feel good to spot out plays with wards (especially when your team is behind and you can't actually contest it). It doesn't feel good to randomly get jumped on by a mid laner and destroyed with no ability to defend yourself or even try to fight back. It doesn't feel good to sit in a fight and have no visible effect on the fight (from your team's perspective) -- or even worse, initiate the fight and die in the process. It doesn't feel good to run in circles for fifteen minutes in laning phase watching another player play PvE tower defense. It doesn't feel good to hit the mid game and have nothing but a gold generation item and a sightstone while the other members of the team are finishing two items. Yes, your CC chain or initiation or healing and shields may have won the fight for your team, but the person you're shielding or peeling for gets all the glory. And when anything goes bad, the support is the first person blamed (along with the jungler). It's a thankless job full of flame and toxicity, and nobody wants to do it. Then AP supports happened. Now, instead of the standard initiating "tank" supports that aren't actually tanky because they have no items or the full utility supports that can't defend themselves in a fight, champions that feel good to play well have started filling the role. More people started playing supports because it felt good to support. Queue times shortened, less people were autofilled, and League of Legends became a more enjoyable experience with less toxicity. {{champion:99}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:26}} How many times have you had a game where you load into champ select and your support says "autofilled support feelsbadman" or "can I have top?" (/mid/whatever) Or maybe you're the autofilled support, and you have to play a champion you have no idea how to play. You have a thousand games apiece on Ashe, Caitlyn and Varus, but they don't mean anything because you're now playing Nautilus or Soraka, who have entirely different skillsets and nothing you know from your marksmen translates over. When you're trying to remove AP supports, you're saying "I want to be autofilled and have no idea what I'm doing more often". AP supports are the solution to autofilled supports.
: MSI 2017 Play-In Draw Guide
Since 2015: NA -- 5th at 2015 MSI 0 top 8 teams at 2015 Worlds 2nd at 2016 MSI ** 1 top 8 team at 2016 Worlds EU -- 3rd at 2015 MSI ** 2 top 8 teams at 2015 Worlds (2 top 4) ** 5th at 2016 MSI 1 top 8 team at 2016 Worlds (1 top 4) ** Despite the failings of 2016 EU, TSM and CLG didn't do significantly better than G2 and Splyce at Worlds. Yes, TSM and CLG placed third in groups while G2 and Splyce placed fourth, but none of the above made it out of groups, so a third place is the same as a fourth as far as the rankings. Even if Origen's performance is omitted because they got relegated, EU would have 1 top 4 team at 2015 Worlds (Fnatic, who is still very much alive in EU LCS). The EU team at MSI in 2015 was Fnatic, not Origen.
: I Have No Idea Why Ahri Isn't Considered "Oppressive"
Ahri's weakness is her mana usage. Ahri's spells use a LOT of mana, so she often has to last hit with auto attacks. Pick a long range spellslinger into her like Ziggs or Xerath. If she dashes into you, disengage her with your slows or stuns and run away. If she tries to farm with autos, use your superior range to harass her and force her to use up all her mana to farm and sustain. An Ahri without mana is useless, and if you're a Tear-stacking Ziggs or Xerath, you'll always have more mana than she will and always be able to harass with your Q. Some other champions can do it too (Varus, Jayce, Karthus, Vel'koz).
: Does EU have a different form of relegation than NA?
EU has a different league system than NA. In NA, there's no groups. Every team plays every team twice, once with side selection on game 1 and 3 and once with side selection on game 2. Teams are ranked 1-10. Teams ranked 1-6 go to playoffs, teams 7-8 are "safe", and teams 9-10 go to the Promotion Tournament (also called Relegation Tournament). Teams 9-10 are joined by Teams 1-2 from the North American Challenger Series (NACS) in a double elimination tournament. If a team wins two, they're in NA LCS. If they lose two, they're down to NACS. In EU, they have a Group A and a Group B. Every team plays the other teams in their group twice and every team in the other group once. Teams in each group are ranked 1-5. Teams 1-3 from each group go to playoffs. Team 4 is "safe", and Team 5 goes to the Promotion Tournament (again, also called Relegation Tournament). They are joined by Teams 1-2 from EUCS. If a team wins two, they're in EU LCS. If they lose two, they're down to EUCS. What might be throwing you off is that Team 1 and Team 2 from EU LCS are Fnatic Academy and Misfits Academy. In NA, the two teams from NACS in the Promotion Tournament are eUnited and Gold Coin United, two teams that are independently owned. The only NACS team owned by an NA LCS organization this split is Delta Fox. But since EU's "Promotion - Round 2" is Fnatic Academy vs Misfits Academy, both of which use the same logo as their parent LCS teams Fnatic and Misfits, it will look like a playoff tiebreaker between Fnatic and Misfits rather than a promotion tournament game.
: If you are wanting to look at it from a programmer's standpoint, here it is. First, you have to ask yourself a lot of questions: _________________________________ 1. How long does a person need to be disconnected for in order for a substitute to be considered allowed? 2. When a person subs in, what level will they be, how much gold will they have, and what champion will they be? 3. How many people will queue in just to troll and end the game faster? 4v5s are winnable sometimes if the 5th person does not come back and start feeding. Second, here are some possible issues: _________________________________________ 1. Player customization. See, when you load into the game, it loads all of YOUR skins, runes and masteries. The way to fix this would be to re-load everyone into the game when someone queues in, but save the game at that moment. Therefore, if the new player loads in, they will be the same champion but with their own customization options. 2. Options. Should the current players receive a vote dialogue when someone wants to queue in? Or should the sub be automatic? If there is a wait involved, that might make games even longer.
I lost this topic when I posted it but I'll just revive it. > [{quoted}](name=IgnisImperatrix,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z9mRXWRB,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-02-17T00:43:44.819+0000) > > If you are wanting to look at it from a programmer's standpoint, here it is. First, you have to ask yourself a lot of questions: > _________________________________ > How long does a person need to be disconnected for in order for a substitute to be considered allowed? **This can be a point of debate, but I would say something like 5-7 minutes.** > When a person subs in, what level will they be, how much gold will they have, and what champion will they be? **Since this is for Ranked, all summoners will be level 30. The champion level will be the champion level that the AFK was, on the same champion as the AFK, with however much gold and whatever items the AFK would have if they reconnected.** > How many people will queue in just to troll and end the game faster? 4v5s are winnable sometimes if the 5th person does not come back and start feeding. **Intentional feeding is reportable and bannable, and Queue Into Existing Match wouldn't change this.** > > Second, here are some possible issues: > _________________________________________ > Player customization. See, when you load into the game, it loads all of YOUR skins, runes and masteries. The way to fix this would be to re-load everyone into the game when someone queues in, but save the game at that moment. Therefore, if the new player loads in, they will be the same champion but with their own customization options. **The new player, when they accept the queue, would have a time limit (1 minute maybe?) to lock in their runes and masteries that they would run on that champion, at which point they will load in with whatever loadout they have hovered. Alternatively, it could just load in with the original person's runes and masteries (with the new person's keybindings).** > Options. Should the current players receive a vote dialogue when someone wants to queue in? Or should the sub be automatic? If there is a wait involved, that might make games even longer. *Sub them in automatically to expedite the return to a 5v5 game. There's hardly ever a time when a team is playing 4v5 and doesn't want to have a fifth member.*
: Constructive Inting?
My guess is it's one of two things: 1) You have a player who refuses to cooperate with the team. It could be a jungler who comes to your lane with wimpy ganks that do nothing and then taxes your CS. It could be a mid laner who keeps roaming to the side lanes and feeding. It could be a support who keeps taking the CS in the bot lane, or refuses to help bot lane and roams elsewhere. Since I'm a support main, I'll go with "mid laner coming to bot lane and feeding, baiting me to waste my summoners and spells, and making my ADC miss farm trying to help with the gank". {{champion:99}} : "Ryze stop coming bot and feeding, we can win the lane on our own, you're just making it harder." {{champion:81}} : "Ryze, we've got this, just stay mid." {{champion:13}} : "stfu noob i'm gonna keep ganking bot i'm helping" {{champion:99}} : "Seriously, just stay mid. We got this. {{champion:13}} : "fuk u trash scrub i do what i want" {{champion:81}} : "dude just stay mid lane" {{champion:13}} : "stfu boosted ape" {{champion:99}} : "Ryze, if you come bot again I'm gonna int feed." {{champion:13}} : *comes bot* {{champion:99}} : *dives turret and dies* {{champion:13}} : "wtf lux" {{champion:99}} : "i warned you, if you come bot any more I'm going to int" 2) The other possibility is a training exercise for playing from behind, where you intentionally feed to let your opponents get ahead and then try to play from behind and turn it around.
: Windspeakers blessing isn't a well designed keystone
I even take Windspeaker's Blessing on my Lux support because the additional shield buff is so good on a teamwide shield like Prismatic Barrier. It's perfectly fine as is.
Show more

Espy Psyche

Level 40 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion