: Pajama Guardians << this is the equivalent of investing heavily in some company, but missing your projection completely Many Dark Star << many will disagree here, but I find most of these skins are messes of purple and black... I can't tell what's what Battle Boss Yasuo << actually ugly. Great effects though. Victorious Aatrox << nuf said Pulsefire Thresh << great effects, but wtf is his head Lancer Hecarim << an ok skin, but 10 gems? And his attack doesn't even use his lance point True Damage << Yes I'll go there. Just so boring. Maybe it's for the young hip millenials, but I just dont care for this line at all.
I definitely agree with you on True Damage. The skins themselves don't interest me at all, and I've always hated hip-hop, pop, and rap with a passion (I don't care for KD/A either).
: I mean, some of those make sense, but like.. cmon.. Cleric Jayce?
Yeah, I feel like Jayce would be more of a paladin.
: Piltover Jinx, Vi, and Cait
Atm, there isn't much (though look into Warwick's backstory and VO, as it does have something to do with Jinx and maybe Vi). However, they did announce Arcane, an animated tv series focusing on the origins of Jinx and Vi.
: LoR Backgrounds
Sweet, I've been trying to find the Piltover one for days.
EdgeLady (NA)
: Senna Theme, and Concept Art!
: I feel like if anything he'd be pretty peeved about people breaking out of his lantern. He is THE WARDEN after all. And the color story for him from what I recall painted him as someone who's a bit of a control freak, at least over what he thinks is his. Having him be a dispassionate warden, who doesnt really mind if people challenge him and break free of his grip, seems less of his character for me. Hes all about chains and walls and controlling who gets to go where and when with his kit too. I really hope you guys will revisit this sometime.
Being a sadist, I think he actually finds pleasure when people resist. Sure, he may have been initially annoyed when Senna was freed, but now he realizes that it will just be even sweeter when he tears their hope away later.
: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T23:27:23.764+0000) > > That's beside the point though. He still ran into lucian because lucian was hunting him. That would leave an impression. Lucian may be hunting him, but in the grand scheme, he's likely no more to Thresh than an annoying fly would be to us. Just a pest you need to swat away every once in a while. It's not worth getting the VO [or a new one] in for Thresh just to give him a couple lines towards Senna/Lucian when they are so objectively insignificant to him.
But that still leaves the fact that Thresh likely knows so much about the Shadow Isles, and maybe even other regions. We could get a lot of lore from.
Reav3 (NA)
: We chose to not update any Thresh lines because we felt that ultimately Senna and Lucian aren't that important to Thresh, even though he is important to them. Senna and Lucian are just 2 people of many, many people that Thresh is messing with a tormenting, and making him care about them would actually diminish his character a bit, since he really doesn't care about 2 random people
I feel like this could be communicated even better if he had lines to show that he doesn't really care about them in any way.
: Great comment, I was talking about music themes, but, I notice that may not have been clear. I'm liking your summations though. I think Riot's strength is drawing on archetypes we find appealing, whether in presentation or background.
Oh, well in that case: {{champion:222}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:28}}
: Horror themed Volibear Is Better: Bring It Back, Or At Least Do Something For The Fans Who Loved It
Where are people getting this from? What makes you think they're not going for eldritch horror Voli? And why can't he be an honorable Cthulhu Bear of thunder rather than just Cthulhu Bear or just Thor Bear?
: What about {{champion:38}} he doesn't even interact with his own Daughter
And he definitely needs VO update. Honestly, all of the older champions that aren't scheduled for a VGU need VO update.
GreenLore (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal791,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-23T20:29:33.662+0000) > > it is kinda odd that he has no interactions with either of them (despite having been released before either of them). > Well he doesn't have interactions specifically because he was released before either of them. After all voice over updates are very rare and almost no champ has interactions with someone who was released after them(so that they have still free reign when making the next champ).
I'm aware of that. I'm simply saying it makes sense to give him a new VO, now that he has two champions that are heavily involved in his lore.
  Rioter Comments
Nar7ia (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal791,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JNf1lydI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-23T00:39:15.862+0000) > > Jinx's disengage is pretty shitty and rarely works out. > > IMO, the safer marksmen like Cait, Lucien, Quin, Twitch, Ezreal and Vayne should deal less damage than champs like Jinx who has no reliable escape method. Jinx is a much better team fighter than all the adc's you've mentioned. She has what no other adc on your list has - consistent AoE damage. And once her passive procs, she will outdps every adc in the game. She has a high win rate for a reason. She doesn't need more damage, she already does truck load of it. If anything, her damage needs to be nerfed before you even think of giving her disengage and escape options.
She totally is one of the strongest ADC's right now, and is definitely good at teamfights. However, that's mostly because of the meta, and nerfs with other adc's. I'm more talking about in the future (or really what it should have been like in the first place). The thing is, during the laning phase, most other adc's are going to severely out damage Jinx with each hit. Sure, Jinx has insane attack speed leading to insane dps, but unless she's fed, that don't really mean much when a single Jhin or Draven auto deals a third of her hp. Plus, she has no reliable disengage, so she's a lot riskier to play; thus meaning she really should be dealing more damage.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Lucian gets some personality! (Voice Over Update)
Now I just wish Thresh would get a VO update too.
Awhegark (NA)
: Good thing you are not in the balance team, cause you have no clue what you are talking about. Jinx does the most damage out of almost any ADC in the entire game, I think only twitch does more damage, or a really fed kogmaw.
Vayne, Draven, Ezreal, Jhin, and Varus all deal a lot more damage than Jinx. And there's probably some I missed.
: hmm "marksmen" with forms of disengage {{champion:22}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:67}}
Jinx's disengage is pretty shitty and rarely works out. IMO, the safer marksmen like Cait, Lucien, Quin, Twitch, Ezreal and Vayne should deal less damage than champs like Jinx who has no reliable escape method.
: What are your top three-to-five champion themes?
In no particular order: {{champion:6}} Visionary Anarchist (Bane) {{champion:222}} Anarchy for fun {{champion:82}} Death Knight/World Dominator {{champion:412}} Reaper/Tormentor {{champion:19}} Cyborg Werewolf Vigilante
: is a zz rot team rush a auto win mid/late? if so why isnt that nerfed.
I don't know if its an auto win, cause we were already losing with two of our base towers down. Though it certainly made it harder for us.
: Stunning Faction Art
I've been trying to find the piltover one to use as my wallpaper. Might just get the game for it, even though I don't intend to play it.
Rioter Comments
d00mface (EUW)
: Lore Things You Want To See Added In LOR
While don't really intend to play LoR, I'm excited just to see the art and lore tid-bits. I particularly want to see Urgot, Camille, and Mordekaiser.
: Do you play a champion that get new skins?
Having been a Jinx main since I first got into League, I'm pretty happy she gets skins fairly regularly.
5050BS (NA)
: I would guess that once she is going you cant get away from and or get to her because of passive and Choppers
I mean her chompers actually really easy to avoid, and her passive only activates if she kills someone or destroys a turret. And with how many champions have a lot of mobility (including some marksmen) they can easily get away from her despite her speed boost. Only real issue I can think of with Jinx is that once she's fed, she's a bit of a monster, but even then, basically any champion is a monster when fed.
: {{champion:53}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:143}} Theres some champs on this list that I HATE but most of them are just champs that make games less enjoyable. Wether it's their abilities, damage, or cc I just dont like them. Ones I hate the most: Fizz Talon Nasus Zed Yasuo
Just curious: what's your beef with Jinx?
: Characters we hate and why
{{champion:90}} Point and click cc that lasts for 10 years should not be a thing. {{champion:157}} Has no mana allowing him to stay in lane indefinitely (not having mana should mean the champion has a passive revolving around imo). Is too tanky for how mobile he is, how much damage he deals, and how he can completely block projectiles. All around, I just find Yasuo extremely annoying to deal with and hate him and want whoever designed him to suffer in Thresh's lantern for all eternity for creating such a horrible monster. Okay I'm done ranting about Yasuo... for now. {{champion:74}} {{champion:143}} Too much zoning which prevents you from doing anything which just isn't fun to play against; and honestly, I don't see how its fun to play as. {{champion:51}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:133}}{{champion:67}} Basically they deal too much damage for how safe/mobile they are. Each of them has some kind of ability to get in and/or out, disable your fight/flight or just hit you from really far away for massive damage. Champions like Jinx, MF, and Draven should typically deal more damage than any of the safer marksmen because they are not very safe to play. Though MF I think is maybe a little safer than the other two (due to her massive radius of slowing bullet rain), and maybe deals slightly more damage than she should.
Terozu (NA)
: I got this skin in a chest. I own it. I don't play him at all. Just gonna flex on you.
Its funny, I bought crabgot and battlecast, and then got butcher and high noon in chests.
: the mist was drawn to her from the start tho right? also the idea that she's connected to the Queens soul is just ur theory right?
The mist didn't start being drawn to her till after she first encountered it. And no, Senna being bound to the Queen's soul is not a theory. _"She learned that life had been the origin of her curse. Its spark shone brighter within her than in anyone else—she’d been infected with it when she first encountered the wreckage that brought the Harrowing. There, she’d been touched by a powerful, lingering soul, given its unnatural life…"_ While this quote from Senna's bio doesn't say specifically that the Queen's soul is that spark of life, we have no reason to believe it's not. In fact, we have every reason to believe it is the Queen's soul, as Senna's bio states that her curse is also derived from love (The Ruined King's love of his wife, and unwillingness to let her go).
: > [{quoted}](name=Àéry,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Im5v5esY,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-10-17T12:47:58.528+0000) > > Im super hyped for this LoL anime, I just wish the setting was anywhere but piltover/zaun, probably he most boring regions ( to me, yall might think differently). It also might have different regions, im just going off what I saw. > > I realize it will have multiple seasons/parts that will take place in different regions, I just really wanted to see freljord or something ;3; I agree but only partially! PZ is also my least favorite region pretty much and I would have loveeed for freljord to be featured however, they did take PZ because it a huge contrasting city with lots of people and incredible danger. There is a lot to explore with all the activities, different people from rich to poor, all the chemists and beasts. It is a very diverse setting compared to other regions and that makes a perfect animated series. I myself would have loved for it to be just the Frostguard animated series but not many would care so they need to start with something that will attract as many people as possible and many people these days connect to city- lives.
I personally love Zaun and Piltover (particularly Zaun). I think they're easily the most interesting regions in the lore with some of the most interesting champions (most of my favorite champions either come from Piltover, Zaun or the Shadow Isles). But I could see this being an anthology series that constantly switches between characters and regions; with Riot choosing to show the Jinx and Vi stuff in the trailer cause Jinx is one of their poster girls and would gain a lot of attention. Though of course, I'm entirely down for the whole series to be set in Piltover and Zaun, and for Riot to make other series set entirely in other regions.
: how would she be connected to the Ruined Kings wife? She was born on an island way after the Ruination occurred. When could she ever have been even remotely near the Shadow Isles? It WOULD make sense if she became connected to the Ruined Kings wife AFTER Thresh captured her in his lantern but thats ONLY if he had the wife's soul in the lantern and that hasn't been confirmed either. That aside it would be interesting if Thresh's plans were to steal Lucian's body/soul this time. I think this is especial bc then Thresh can subject Lucian to the mental torture of the emotional pain he'd be putting on Senna by not being strong enough to not get caught, among other things.
She got connected with the Queen's soul when she first encountered the Black Mist on her home island. So the soul would have been wandering I guess, and the Mist was probably following it.
: 200% wifesteal is better than 100%
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal791,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JiZc35hO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-17T18:18:01.172+0000) > > Except Kayn resided in Ionia for most of his life. Senna was only in Demacia for a brief part of her life. The Order of Sentinels was made by Demacians
Did you read Senna's bio? It specifically states that it was formed in the Blessed Isles.
: ***
No, what corrupted the waters was the spell that the Ruined King cast after seeing his wife didn't come back in a way that satisfied him.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal791,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Im5v5esY,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-10-17T16:30:55.605+0000) > > That wasn't Vi transforming into a void thing. That was definitely a dude. Dr. Mundo maybe? Thank gosh it wasn't, because the pink hair confused me so much. You could be right tho, maybe it IS Dr. Mundo who transformed into what he is during Vi's and Jinx's childhood.
Actually, the hair is blonde, it only looks pink because of the lighting. Its likely either the guy strapped to a chair or the one interrogating him.
: No, Thresh has physically tortured people before, he just wasn't the demon at the time. When he was a monk, they had a prisoner he watched over who could heal from any wound. Thresh ripped him apart repeatedly
I thought I went over that in the main post. His new bio doesn't retcon him torturing people in life (maybe it retcons that specific case). It says he was simply never caught torturing and killing anyone, not that he hadn't done it.
: That is like saying that Kayn shouldnt be listed as Ionian because he was born in Noxus.
Except Kayn resided in Ionia for most of his life. Senna was only in Demacia for a brief part of her life.
GenoXx (NA)
: But it proves thresh did physical torture and likely did it to the souls as well. Well up until now at least where he was retconned to benefit Senna.
Actually it just proves that he physically tortured people before he became a ghost and found better ways to torture people. And again, his new bio simply doesn't say he didn't torture people in the bio, as it simply skips over any details of how he spent his time in the vault. Unless Riot comes out and says specifically otherwise, that is not what I'd call a retcon. Tbh, Riot probably figured it was pretty common knowledge that he physically tortured people in his living days, and didn't see the need to keep it in his bio. Now I will admit, that they could have devoted like one sentence to imply that he did do these things. EDIT: Actually his bio does state that he likely was a serial killer but simply hadn't been caught: _"but even then, his penchant for cruelty had been noted by his brethren. While it had not yet manifested in murderous ways—at least, none that could be proven—he was shunned by many."_
Terozu (NA)
: I don't think it's confirmed she's bound to the Ruined King's wife, but I had the same thought. It would make sense. Also, it should be noted that Senna also never got put through Thresh's first bout of torture. She was captured in active combat. She wasn't stalked. So her psyche was intact when she was captured. Since she never had to deal with a broken mind, she was able to keep a cool head. She knew Lucian would save her _eventually_. So she spent her time preparing for that and occupied herself creating her Spirit Relic and saving the other souls.
Exactly. That's something I was just realizing I could have said in the main post.
GenoXx (NA)
: Actually it did. He started with the mage that couldn't die. But Retcon.
That wasn't a soul in his lantern. That was living person before the Ruination gave Thresh the ability to collect souls. Also, his new bio doesn't say he never tortured any of the living artifacts in his vault, and honestly I don't think its retconning that. Rather, Riot chose to skip those details in favor of telling us more important things. Part of Thresh becoming undead, meant that he wasn't confined to having to inflict physical pain on people in order to induce suffering. Rather, he realized that he could inflict psychological/emotional pain of a far greater magnitude by taking his time... time that he didn't previously have with mortal constraints.
Rioter Comments
GreenLore (EUW)
: Maokai and Yorick were infused with the waters of life though. Senna was just randomly infused with life for no apparent reason.
Senna was infused with the soul of the Ruined King's wife, who was infused with the waters of life. So technically, Senna is infused with the waters of life as well.
GenoXx (NA)
: So it doesn't bother you at all that thresh's character got changed just so senna can look pretty? He doesn't even torture people no more. I cant think of any other way why they would do that.
Actually, the lore never stated that he physically tortured the souls in his lantern. I always gathered that most of his torture was purely psychological, which imo, is the worst kind of torture.
: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aucsgAa0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-16T22:39:44.064+0000) > > lol ikr? Thresh just nonchalantly decides to let her go and doesnt get mad that someone just escaped his prison. It's unrealistic even for runeterra standards. Thresh is mad but smart. He always has a plan. Better to let fools think they won and then ruin them later. Or maybe he knows of Sennas condition and plans to use it against Lucian. After all driving ppl mad and planting ideas in their heads are what Thresh does.
: It's totes fine, I agree with you more than you think. I care a lot about consistency in storytelling as I'm a writer. I want to improve my craft so I look for examples to learn from, both on what to do and what not to do. You don't really seem angry, just passionate. I agree with most of your points, to me the largest unnecessary change is making Thresh's lantern no longer torture the souls inside. If you changed that line back to torture, and kept everything the same, Thresh would be mostly undamaged by this. I don't expect either him or Lucian to know what would happen if you shatter the lantern, but what's completely bizzare is that Senna breaks most of the rules of shadow island champs by being able to keep something resembling her original body after death. While Senna didn't have a character before and thus you can give her any backstory you want to fit the story you want to give her later on, making her randomly be cursed by the black mists seems very arbitrary. I think that a better fix for this would be to make use of the blessed water, as we have already established with Yorick that blessed water is one of the only things that keeps you somewhat whole on the islands. Why make another solution to the problem when you can reuse your solution, am I right? And yeah making Thresh wounded from the encounter would have been better. In Riot's desire to make him seem uber powerful, they neglected the fact that a sadistic character would absolutely go back into the fight if he knew he could win. He wouldn't just let them leave.
Actually the blessed water does have something to do with how Senna works, though indirectly. Basically, she's the soul of the Queen (Ruined King's wife) bound to her, and the Queen was brought to the waters, which is probably why her soul is incorruptible.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: ''Every legend has their beggining'' I was suspicious whether that gang was about Jinx and Vi, with Vi being the leader of the group back in her early days when she was a Zaunite thug and an orphan. Guess we will finally get to see what made Jinx insane on the first place cause she was clearly shown in the end because you can see her untied boots and long ponytails. What's up with Vi being corrupted before the ending tho? Are those hextech crystals the ones Jinx used to salvage her weapons? Are those the similar ones Vi would use when she would become a law enfoncer(clearly not THOSE, seems like they belong to a family that isn't Ferros related or maybe it's even them, and you can tell by the trailer that Jinx stole some of them). So many questions to ask, I can't wait to see the series so it can answer all of my questions in 2020. P.S.: I wonder if Camille will be a side character in the series. Also love it how the center of the story is around Piltover and Zaun.
That wasn't Vi transforming into a void thing. That was definitely a dude. Dr. Mundo maybe?
: This isn't a fucking anime. This is a 3d animated series. Y'all really need to stop calling everything anime. Anyway seems like they're gonna make vi and jinx sisters. After all these years they're gonna make the dumbest fan theory true. Well I still hope they won't but this is riot I can't have a jinx origin story without them disappointing in some way. edit after rewatching: so i'm gonna stay hopefull and bet on them just being in a "gang" together, tho there's to much signals tbh. Aside frim that i hope to see the origins, warwick should def be in there. while i don't like the singed jinx theory that's been floating around i do hope i get to see my man in glorious stylized 3d. I think jinx will really make or break this for me. If they just turn her into a chaotic jhin i'll be dissapointed, they gotta get her kind of crazy right. I'mma need to see vi punch camille in the face at some point too tho.
What's dumb about Jinx and Vi being sisters? For all we know, they could be step-sisters or even just self adopted sisters; but honestly, I think they look enough alike to at least be half sisters.
: Singed might have been shown in the trailer already same for warwick. Caitlyn's family painting was shown in their house most likely. So I think young Caitlyn is almost confirmed. Ekko is possible since he was together in a group with Vi. Camille could appear since it was hinted that she might have been the cause to why Vi was orphaned.
I'm pretty sure Warwick is the guy with the top hat and cane. Not sure Singed was shown though. I definitely expect to see Camille and Caitlyn.
GreenLore (EUW)
: I doubt that Mundo will appear in it. He is on the list for a full VGU, so including him in this story would only limit riots freedom when doing said VGU eventually. Warwick on the other hand was implied to be related to Jinx, so its likely that he could make an appearance.
Its possible they already have a lore direction they want to take with him.
GenoXx (NA)
: I gotta say....Senna's lore made do a 180 for lore hype...
I feel like the part about Thresh torturing magical items and people brought into his vault could easily still be cannon. However, I'm not sure any of his lore ever stated that he physically tortured any of the souls in his lantern. I always assumed it was more psychological. Essentially, he would gradually take everything and everyone from his victim over the course of years, until finally taking their soul. Sure he might kill them slowly before absorbing their soul, but once their in the lantern, I always figured it was more of him playing mind games with them, and forcing them to watch as he did the same thing he did to them, to countless others; essentially making them relive the horrors that lead to their current predicament. And tbh, I find that more horrifying than being physically tortured, cause physical pain we can grow used to. Its psychological shit that really hurts.
Naalith (NA)
: This is true. When the lore was more incomplete, I had a theory that the Ruined King became depressed after accepting his wife couldn't be brought back in the way he wanted, and that he was being tortured by Morde who was the true ruler of the Isles. Then Morde was migrated to Noxus and I was like "wait, why was the Ruined King never added to the game if he actually is the big bad and it wasn't all an elaborate head fake?" Hopefully he's coming sooner rather than later. The Shadow Isles has kinda been left behind in terms of new releases in recent years.
Plot twist. The Ruined King is in Thresh's lantern.
Show more

Eternal791

Level 79 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion