Sentrık (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OWscpIgF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-31T18:23:24.124+0000) > > How is your ADC playing off meta? Are they doing weird item builds? Are they bringing smite? Are they playing in another lane? I was the ADC and picked one of my comfortable champs which is Vik. My Support just assumed that I was playing Viktor ADC, so played Caitlyn without asking anyone. Needless to say, we lost that game
Now, im a huge opponent of the hard meta that league has, but your post confuses me. You were the Adc, and picked Viktor. I am with you so far. Then they assumed you were playing victor Adc... sounds like a reasonable assumtion as you said you were the adc and that you were playing Viktor. What were your plans for him if not to adc with him? Aslo the support picked Cait without asking, but did you ask before locking in Viktor? If so then im mistaken, but if not then why cant the support play Cait without asking.
Rioter Comments
Weedbro (NA)
: Let's play a game of league of legends! I pick ivern, i choose flash and smite, sorcery/inspiration.
I’m kata mid on Ivern’s team. I see you going towards blue/red. But I don’t make it in time to do anything and back off. Afraid of you getting first blood top lane I’m going to all in at lvl 2 and get a kill. Maybe I beat you too it, maybe not. Either way I’m going to pressure your mid out of lane as much as I can every time he comes back. Hope your jungler likes to babysit. Your move
: Zoe Support - Runes and Items Build? Coin or Spelltheifs Edge?
She has a solid 40% winrate support. It’s not something I would recommend
Dasdi96 (NA)
: So what do you do when botlane tower falls extremely early? (pre level 6)
Identify your win condition. Is your adc a late game carry that is ahead in farm already by 30-40cs and you only lost your tower due to a well timed 4 man gank? Stay with the adc. Is your jungler 7 out of the 8 kills on your team? Roam with him. Is mid up by 3 kills on his laner and almost has a tower down? You get the idea. It also helps to identify the enemy’s win condition. To know who and what the biggest threats are going to be in 10 mins
Zelorxon (EUW)
: Well. According to the playerbase telling your support to buy a sightstone, asking for your midlaner to not pick colossus heimer mid (during your promos), asking for your team to right click turrets and right click on minions after lv7 is considered heavy flaming and banworthy, so i guess better safe than sorry.
> [{quoted}](name=Zelorxon,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dN1Et655,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-03T18:38:10.685+0000) > > Well. > According to the playerbase telling your support to buy a sightstone, asking for your midlaner to not pick colossus heimer mid (during your promos), asking for your team to right click turrets and right click on minions after lv7 is considered heavy flaming and banworthy, so i guess better safe than sorry. Nah, saying any of those things isn’t banworthy. People claim they get banned for it, but what they actually get banned for is saying “Buy a sightstone you worthless fucking noob” followed shortly by some variation of death threats and hopes for family members to get cancer. People just lie on the forums and claim to get banned for nicely asking someone something. That said “CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKERS” is pretty hilarious
: that's exactly my point! A person doesn't turn rotten for no reason. But who gets the blame here.
> [{quoted}](name=Archangel71,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hEWip3Ot,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-26T12:03:21.862+0000) > > that's exactly my point! A person doesn't turn rotten for no reason. But who gets the blame here. I find it strange that you would think that your actions are anyone’s responsibility but your own.
ZenKe (NA)
: Zoe might be a little overtuned tbh
I honestly think Zoe is going to be a balance nightmare. I can see her being externally oppressive in the right hands because of the absurd ratio on Q and the power of her E. But I also think that even without nerfs, she will be at a sub 50% win rate for quite some time due to the nature of having to pull off a combo to deal significant damage, and all her abilities being blocked by minions. I really enjoyed playing her last night, but if she stays where she is the fakers of the world are going to abuse her. And if she gets any significant nerfs I think she will realistically be unplayable for the average person.
: Stop using the IP bug prior to pre season as an excuse for lower BE
Keeping in line with business practices that can help alter a persons view on the relative worth (price) of a good or service, a few weeks or weekends of boosted BE or rewards from capsules over the course of a month or two could help to reestablish the proper baseline riot intended for BE.
Rioter Comments
: Yeah, I think that the new system feeling different or worse is good feedback which we are watching carefully. But I'm also seeing this perception that the new system is giving you less currency - and that's not true. It's difficult to have a conversation about how the system feels when not everyone has the right facts.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Calad,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8atuoxqE,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T20:07:42.091+0000) > > Yeah, I think that the new system feeling different or worse is good feedback which we are watching carefully. > > But I'm also seeing this perception that the new system is giving you less currency - and that's not true. It's difficult to have a conversation about how the system feels when not everyone has the right facts. The problem is that the burden is on riot to ensure that the customer is aware of the benefits of the new system, not the other way around. Perception is the reality with which people will decide to spend their money, and so if people do not perceive that the new system is equitable and fair than for all practical purposes it’s not equitable and fair, reguardless of what the hidden math says.
: > Its just a semifunny story about silver players and their lack of awareness and involvement in the game. https://youtu.be/QGwBMQT9UN4?t=21m23s Here is Phreak explaining, with math, why stacking {{item:3071}} is not a particularly good build. If you want to just run a troll build for fun that's fine but don't act like {{item:3071}} is somehow the best possible build.
> [{quoted}](name=SavageConcordia,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4EfE6pOP,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-11-14T14:10:46.916+0000) > > https://youtu.be/QGwBMQT9UN4?t=21m23s > > Here is Phreak explaining, with math, why stacking {{item:3071}} is not a particularly good build. If you want to just run a troll build for fun that's fine but don't act like {{item:3071}} is somehow the best possible build. His first two lines talk about how he was testing out new runes and decided to try the BC stacking because he hadn’t done it before. He never once said it was the best build and it’s kinda strange that you got that from his post.
Fukauph (NA)
: I couldn't make it to level 30 without getting banned LOL
They dont ban for the first offense unless its major, they dont ban for roaming as support, they dont punish just because the whole lobby reported for nothing, and they dont ban for playing poorly. Please include the log tgat was included in your ban and i bet the people here will find plenty of legit reasons you got a 14 day ban.
Rioter Comments
: When they are on my team they just go Fqc anyway so I don't really notice
> [{quoted}](name=XxxLumberJackxxX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aEFhBtOs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-09T14:42:00.277+0000) > > When they are on my team they just go Fqc anyway so I don't really notice As a big fan of playing agressive support lulu, there is no reason to get spellthief anymore. If you arent starting coin you are just gimping your team. Last game i played the enemy took my lulu and went spellthief. I had 100 gold off coin before they had 40, and we continued at tgat ratio all game.
  Rioter Comments
MysterQ (NA)
: Mastery level is one thing. A few times per year, maybe only once, they open a BE shop to buy ward skins, champ skins, champ chromas. You have to save up a lot though.
> [{quoted}](name=MysterQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EpQNOEBX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-04T18:27:00.540+0000) > > Mastery level is one thing. > A few times per year, maybe only once, they open a BE shop to buy ward skins, champ skins, champ chromas. You have to save up a lot though. So if I don't currently have enough BE (after the change) to buy any of the fancy stuff, and don't need more champs, I have to wait for a big event?
Rioter Comments
Mimr (EUW)
: Which offensive supports would you recommend?
I think lux, morg, and lulu are going to be your best bet. Morg has the same shield/CC/zone pressure that lux has. Lulu on the other hand can be played both offensive or deffensive, abuses sensor better than the other two, and if you take thunderlords over windspeakers (one for offensive play, the other for deffensive) you have a crazy lvl2 power spike that can let you 1v2 the enemy bot lane with some practice.
  Rioter Comments
l2 4 G 3 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Umbra Z,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JboneoEw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-27T17:42:34.919+0000) > > I'm 14 too and I can say we're kiiinda less toxic, toxic youth gamers are really just a stereotype (from what ive seen) On counterstrike a LOT of the players I've become friends with are younger and in that age range. A lot of them have actually been REALLY helpful toward me...and I feel like a lot of the toxic ones are only toxic because they can't even talk without some douchebag making fun of their pre-pubescent/squeaky voices. So I would honestly have to say that I agree with what Umbra is saying. I mean, it makes sense if you think about it, too...A lot of us older gamers don't even realize what 'toxicity' IS,first of all because it's a made up word to coddle and 'protect' weak people on the interwebs, but especially bc we don't have as much time to be as 'involved' in the gaming community anymore. A lot of us just hop on to play a few games/rounds and then get off or whatever, and we're used to being able to say/do whatever the hell we want WITHOUT having to worry about some police-state gaming community banning us for doing what we've always done. It's kinda like the REALLY old people who still throw around the occasional racial slur...it's hard to REALLY even be upset with them, because it's just how the times were when they grew up and it's ingrained in them. We don't admit them to a fucking home for acting the way they always have.
> [{quoted}](name=l2 4 G 3,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JboneoEw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-27T17:49:08.391+0000) > > So I would honestly have to say that I agree with what Umbra is saying. I mean, it makes sense if you think about it, too...A lot of us older gamers don't even realize what 'toxicity' IS,first of all because it's a made up word to coddle and 'protect' weak people on the interwebs, but especially bc we don't have as much time to be as 'involved' in the gaming community anymore. A lot of us just hop on to play a few games/rounds and then get off or whatever, and we're used to being able to say/do whatever the hell we want WITHOUT having to worry about some police-state gaming community banning us for doing what we've always done. > No, us older gamers know exactly what "toxicity" is. We remember when FPS servers were all privatly and clan owned, and the admin could ban you for any reason, and game masters in MMO's would regularly come into the game to have a "chat" with problem players. This idea that "we're used to being able to say/do whatever the hell we want WITHOUT having to worry" is a new concept that started with the quick match mentality of the newer COD games. People talk about about protecting the millennials from mean words, but honestly we have a new word for the type of person who feels so entitled that they think they should be able to say whatever they want without consequence. It starts with an S and ends with flake.
: I agree with you man! Playstyles should be more important than the champ you're playing. The new mastery update will hopefully open up playstyles even more. And it's so much more fun when the games are more varied.
I also am looking towards the new rune/mastery system to open up the game to more variety
: F*CK THE META
As someone who plays mostly support with meta picks (lulu, janna, thresh (hey, its what i like)). I love seeing off meta supports on the other team. Sometimes i get to punish them for being so crazy, snd other times it catches me off guard with how viable an off meta pick can be. Either way it is always fun for me to face an off meta support. Personally i feel that if a champion cant fill two roles or hold there own in two different lanes, that champ needs to be worked on. If jungle, adc, and support were playstyles instead of just a list of champions i think the game would be better for it.
: I think they view it as not everyone is the same age, some players are quite young and under 14, while some players span into 30's. Allowing players access to younger people who could be deeply affected by toxic behavior of others is one of the risks that Riot faces and so they have a 0 BS policy for poor behavior. Just imagine a younger player being harassed in a game and the impact it might have. Not everyone is emotionally mature, and some players are just not equipped to properly handle and brush off toxic behavior and so the would sooner say NO to egregious behavior and prevent unfortunate consequences to others who are vulnerable.
> [{quoted}](name=DiRtYPrlcK,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=efNmkNPw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-28T17:51:07.960+0000) > > I think they view it as not everyone is the same age, some players are quite young and under 14, while some players span into 30's. > > Allowing players access to younger people who could be deeply affected by toxic behavior of others is one of the risks that Riot faces and so they have a 0 BS policy for poor behavior. > > Just imagine a younger player being harassed in a game and the impact it might have. Not everyone is emotionally mature, and some players are just not equipped to properly handle and brush off toxic behavior and so the would sooner say NO to egregious behavior and prevent unfortunate consequences to others who are vulnerable. Oddly i go the other direction with this, and assume that the toxic person is the younger person.
Omaygah (NA)
: No matter what anyone says, the question is for Riot, not you. Answer all you want.
> [{quoted}](name=Omaygah,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=efNmkNPw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-28T17:49:09.896+0000) > > No matter what anyone says, the question is for Riot, not you. Answer all you want. Riot doesnt answer here. someone posted the suppport ticket for you in your last thread before you deleted it.
Omaygah (NA)
: Multiple bans for stupid reasons
: Mind you, one of these players is in the Diamond tier, that's honestly really horrible that such a high elo player would act so immature during an unranked match.
> [{quoted}](name=Cancer Puppy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Av8m6IeE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-26T07:02:55.651+0000) > > Mind you, one of these players is in the Diamond tier, that's honestly really horrible that such a high elo player would act so immature during an unranked match. His rank has nothing to do with his mental maturity. Its strange that you would even try to link those things. Sucks that happened to you.
: Normal Games Stats going away is a slap in the face to
It is odd to me that some people think that this is ok or a good idea. For myself, i just started playing, and don't feel i have enough experience yet to start ranked so having good data for normal's helps me practice. I do view normal's as practice, and if you told an athlete that things done in practice don't matter they would laugh in your face. If for instance i find out during practice that i make 70% of my 3 point shots, but of that 30% i miss, 80% of them were from the top of the arc, that would be good info to have. There is no world in which having more metrics is a bad thing as long as you have the ability to sort it into useful information. Taking it a step further, some info that i would love to have that i dont think you can currently find anywhere would be: 1. At what average time does each jungler interact with an enemy champion (showing both failed and successful ganks) 2. What bot lane due has the highest win rate (not just for each role, but what win rates when combined) 3. How often does a 4 man gank of bot lane prior to 10 mins result in a winning game (much like the data they released on first tower blood) 4. At what level does each champion on average take a turret shot? (im losing lane at lvl 3 half hp to a lvl 4 riven, and i know that riven takes tower shots on average between lvl 4 and 6... better get ready for a dive.) This is stuff that you need normal info for, as most games are played there.
: What phase is draven ever weak?
How to beat draven? Play support... alot of poke supports can 1v1 him early. Also tank supports with cc can use his axe placement to punish him early. On the flip side, very few others make use of a good peel support like draven. As a support player, having draven on either team is my time to shine, and if you find you are losing alot of games to draven, find a good lulu/zyra/leona/thresh main to duo with. Because its probably more the fault of your autofilled support.
: Why landing a Q skillshot as a support can lose you the lane...
As a fellow support player i have this happen all the time. Had one once where we had the enemy adc to half hp under turret, i e-q-auto the enemy support as lulu aiming my q to also hit tge enemy adc. My vayne tumble-flashes under the enemy turret and dies because "you started a fight". The enemy support was a blitz and i attacked from an unwarded bush and was out of blitz grab range BEFORE vayne jumped in
: Idk I'm very skeptical about both classes being solo laners. ADCs don't have meaningful counterplay mid which is the skillshot dominant lane as long as they're AA reliant and are borderline oppressive top which is melee dominant. Support solo laners have been either uninteractive snore fests like Janna mid, completely oppressive like Soraka, or both like Lulu.
And im not saying that balancing it would be an easy task, but i do think its worth doing. The best example would be top lane tanks that find themselds played support from time to time. In solo lanes they have a safe but boring lane, are good at surviving dives, weak to roams, and become most powerful in the team fight phase when they can peal, shield, and tank. I just want that flow to go the opposite direction as well allowing both tank and enchanter supports to move to other lanes.
: Before LB got her waveclear she farmed champions instead. And the difference between a Pantheon lane and a strong Solo support is that Pantheon falls off decently. You've asked for a strong lane phase to transition into utility instead of falling off as hard as Panth. Which sounds to me like a laner who can bully hard through base damages, is resilient to all ins through their self peel and other utilities, and enough waveclear to not fall behind if shoved in or roamed on while transitioning into strong teamfighting via utility and utility items or raw AP builds. Oh and great lanes to gank for due to their utility. What do you think would be a meaningful weakness that their laner could exploit?
The problem is that we havnt asked for supports to have a strong lane phase, just stronger than they have now so that they have a "survivable" lane phase. No one asked for a lane bully that stays atrong through all phases of the game, we just want all champions, including adc AND support, to be able to be played in solo lanes.
: Because strong support solo laners create uninteractive lanes due to all of the cc and buffs they have making it hard to actually do something against them when they have competent waveclear which is usually a requirement mid and a good strength top.
Thats a good point, and something that should be taken into account, but not something that should keep riot from looking into the issue. Also i dont think that we are asking for them to have the best wave clear, just enough to survive into the late game. Some mages like LB come to mind for strong laning but weak wave clear, so it should be doable if they tweak it right. Panth also proves that riot is ok with uninteractive lanes so...
: I'm completely with you here, both tanks and supports are proof that some champions need to have different options during and after the laning phase. Riot has acknowledged this to a large degree with tanks, which is why many of them have been given ratios that allow them to build some damage early on, and then progress towards a proper tank build, or simply strong base damage with poor scaling. My issue with this so far, though, is that putting more damage on tank abilities tends to often make them too bursty, and even minor scalings tend to give them damage at a point where they really shouldn't be having much of it. This is less the case now, as top lane tanks aren't doing so hot, but back when tanks were really strong, champions like Poppy and even Nautilus were out-dueling damage champions at certain stages. Personally, I think the idea of giving tanks and supports stronger damage early on, and less damage later, is a good one, as it would allow them to hold up at a time when CC and utility aren't at their strongest, without overloading their kits once they get to the teamfighting stage. However, I think the medium to achieve that should be basic attacks: since both tanks and supports tend to use basic attacks pretty often in lane, but very little afterwards, giving them solid basic attacks, and little to no damage on their abilities, would allow them to trade and last hit properly in lane, and naturally scale towards a state where their major contribution becomes their CC, utility, durability, etc. It could also make them healthier in lane overall, as limiting their damage threat to autoattacks could prevent some supports from using their more reliable CC/utility to harass enemies at too little cost (e.g. AP mid lane Janna way back when, Lulu before all of her nerfs, pre-rework mid lane Soraka, etc.).
The basic attack idea could be a really good solution, but would require more than just a basic attack increase across the board for supports and some tanks. Janna for instance could use a basic attack upgrade as well as more base damage on her Q and W with less scaling damage to be good in solo lane early, slight adjustments only to keep her from being broken as a support. however more poke type supports like lulu or sona might require different adjustments (lichbane already being a good early item for them if they get ahead in a solo lane), you could drop some damage off abilities early, but this would hurt them as supports, as normally only one auto is used in a E-Q-Auto-Thunderlords rotation to poke in lane as lulu. I know its good to auto harass often as a poke support, but if its a close lane and you only get one chance to drop damage every so often, taking it away from abilities and putting it on basic attacks would hurt overall. That said i think your idea, tailored on a case by base basis, is the best idea to fix this so far.... and riot isnt going to do it anyway, so its a nice dream.
: I agree to some extent, supports themselves have often been made too dependent on others to function, to the detriment of both diversity and the enjoyment of playing support. While I do think supports will always be more team reliant than other champions, I'd very much like to see many more of them viable in solo positions, which is almost (but not quite) the case for several of them, such as Braum, Leona, Tahm Kench, Taric, etc. Ideally, the dream would be to have a League where every class were valuable to the game and fun without being mandatory, had the option of going in any lane, in any positional distribution, and where those comps would all be both viable and healthy. It is almost certain that not all comps and positional layouts will ever be viable, but there's still huge progress to be made by freeing up supports, who are currently mostly restricted to duo bot lane, and by shaking up the 1-1-1-2 meta that has been the only truly viable meta in the game for years now. I completely agree that supports are not supposed to feel like babysitters, and should be treated as important and respected members of their teams at all times, rather than the servants they all too often end up becoming. If making them more enjoyable and playable across more positions means sacrificing some of their team synergy (which is currently mostly marksman synergy), I still think that would be a valid tradeoff.
I am fine with them staying more team oriented, but I think they should be less team reliant, at least in the early game. That way they can build up to that big team-play potential in a solo lane if they want/need to, and then act as play makers in the late game. As i said earlier, much the same way many tank top lanes play to survive, and after the early/mid game, become big team players, i wish that more protection or enhancement type supports could also get away with that.
: While I disagree that supports have too little range to support front liners (support abilities with 600-800 range are fairly common), I do agree that currently supports have been pushed way too far towards protecting the marksman, instead of assisting their entire team. Items like Ardent Censer, Mikael's Crucible and Zeke's Harbinger are essentially tailor-made for marksmen, while working far less well on any other class, and even effects on support _champions_, like the bonus AD on Janna's Shield, are specifically designed to give the marksman more power. Supports are literally the only class out there that have power on their kits that is made to synergize with another, very specific class, rather than themselves or allies in general, and marksmen are the only class to have other champions cater specifically to them. In this respect, Rakan and Xayah's bonuses towards each other are not all that new, because previous supports have been designed with marksman-specific power for years now. Supports need to be decoupled from marksmen, and marksmen need to be made more independent (and balanced around that independence, too), for the sake of both classes.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bw9mZJeY,comment-id=0004000200010000,timestamp=2017-07-11T13:40:58.029+0000) > Supports need to be decoupled from marksmen, and ~~marksmen ~~ need to be made more independent (and balanced around that independence, too), for the sake of both classes. Fixed that for you. No but for real though, everyone talks about marksman's ability or inability to solo lane, and i think you are the only person who touched on the fact that we also have another core group of champions who are designed around a duo lane role. And sadly even you didn't expand on the idea of re-balancing them to a more self sustaining position as well as marksmen. I personally love the support role for how absolutely broken the team play potential is (if you don't think so, just look up the win rates for aram where any given team might not get a support to help them, and see how many supports are at the top of that list (5 of the top 10 are supports or can be played "support", with sona at a 70% win rate)). Why is it that with the exception of a few champs like lulu or "supports" that originated as solo laners elsewhere, i have to play a babysitter in the early and mid game just to survive long enough to be the (unappreciated) force behind every winning team fight. And even those champs get balanced around the idea of "cant let the support be to strong solo" any time they show a marginally positive win rate in a lane other than bot. I think that allowing more true supports have the strength to be solo laners would open up a lot of diversity, as i think most people don't enjoy playing to support role, but would enjoy the support champions the same way many people enjoy solo lane tanks.
AdeBug (NA)
: really now, I was just explaining how your post doesn't actually say 2 for each role, idk how I can be rude by using your words, but mkkkkk and i could've swore the op title is 'champion pool' and the op content is what i quoted here's, quite honestly, a helpful and in no way rude, hint: screenshot of owned champs, because no one here asked for a long and pointless list of anything and to actually be rude, you also explaining to other ppl you have 1 or 2 for other roles means I wasn't the only one not fully understanding the OP. problem is within the OP, sir/madam
And it wasn't something that needed explained. The post wasn't about if i had enough champs for 2 for each role, it was if my preferred selection for two positions was too large. If i stated that I played Jinx ADC, would you naturally assume that Jinx is the only champion i own? I also did explain to others that i have more than just those few champions for other roles, and yet your the only one who quoted the OP like it was "gonna really show him". You made a valid, albeit needless statement, i answered, and everyone else but you moved on. Less inclined to think that you are smarter than this, but im done responding to your posts anyway. Enjoy your day.
AdeBug (NA)
: > 5 supports (lulu, sona, morg, janna, leona) with the addition of maybe thresh, and 3 mids (annie, ahri, malz)
> [{quoted}](name=AdeBug,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-06-28T19:29:31.683+0000) > > You are grasping pretty hard, and im going to assume that your smart enough to figure out that it would be long and pointless to list every champion i own or have tried for every roll when im trying to see if i have it narrowed down enough. So.... no need to quote me trying to be rude.
AdeBug (NA)
: I actually qd for mid & supp or jg & supp and got filled as adc. so you need champs for all roles, ppl suggest at least 2 for each role.
> [{quoted}](name=AdeBug,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-28T19:26:35.550+0000) > > I actually qd for mid & supp or jg & supp and got filled as adc. so you need champs for all roles, ppl suggest at least 2 for each role. I have 2 for each role.
: > [{quoted}](name=Exercise85,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-28T18:49:26.081+0000) > > But lulu is life. I guess i could cut the support pool down a bit. And main mid primary support secondary You know what works really well (surprisingly)? Full AP {{champion:1}} support with just 1 sightstone. I used to play tons of that.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlad Maine ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-28T18:55:02.092+0000) > > You know what works really well (surprisingly)? > > Full AP {{champion:1}} support with just 1 sightstone. I used to play tons of that. I end up not doing well with annie support for some reason... now that im mastery 5 on lulu (first one) i was thinking of spamming leona games to learn a more tanky support, or janna for a more defensive. Maybe i should focus on a mid though. I did use full ap + sightstone malz support.
: Your pool is too large. It should be 1-2 champs for 2 lanes, and 1 for autofill purposes. Also, I strongly advise against playing shield supports (or supports in general) for climbing. You want to take a solo lane (Mid or Top) and beat the hell out of your opponent in laning to maximise the climb.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlad Maine ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-28T18:05:23.345+0000) > > Your pool is too large. It should be 1-2 champs for 2 lanes, and 1 for autofill purposes. > > Also, I strongly advise against playing shield supports (or supports in general) for climbing. You want to take a solo lane (Mid or Top) and beat the hell out of your opponent in laning to maximise the climb. But lulu is life. I guess i could cut the support pool down a bit. And main mid primary support secondary
: By small pool they mean 3 champions for your main role(Guessing it's support) and 1 or 2 for EVERY other role in case you are forced to be in one of the other roles. You have to remember Auto Fill is a thing and it will place you in random rolls. So Far I choose jungle and top and have been auto filled into ADC/Mid a few times. As for runes just wait. http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/coming-preseason-runes-reforged At pre-season the entire Rune system will change.
> [{quoted}](name=XionOfTheShadow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=82xEWfNG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-28T17:40:57.559+0000) > > By small pool they mean 3 champions for your main role(Guessing it's support) and 1 or 2 for EVERY other role in case you are forced to be in one of the other roles. You have to remember Auto Fill is a thing and it will place you in random rolls. So Far I choose jungle and top and have been auto filled into ADC/Mid a few times. > > As for runes just wait. http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/coming-preseason-runes-reforged > > At pre-season the entire Rune system will change. I have 1 or 2 for the other roles, but when i put in sup/mid or mid/sup. i pretty much always get those ones.
: champion pool and runes for ranked
Rioter Comments
Tusutaki (NA)
: Is there any reason to choose Ancient Coin over Frost Queen's Claim?
A major problem is that the other two items depend on your ability to do an action (poke or execute minions) while the coins are totally up to someone else (the adc) to provide a safe lane for you to pick them up. As someone who plays a fair amount of support, picking up the coins is actually really easy... if your adc is better than the enemy adc and can help zone. But again, the type of support who would take this item isnt known for zone pressure, so again its up to the adc to make or break the item for you. Terrible idea for an item.
: What those anime fans with heavy breath and a body pillow play?
Dont forget riven with her broken sword and dark past.
Saevum (NA)
: You are not knowledgeable? **Bro, you just stated the contrary with that gold comment of yours.** _Feel free to comment anytime soon._
> [{quoted}](name=Saevum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sEKxxTKg,comment-id=00070003,timestamp=2017-05-08T11:42:46.877+0000) > > You are not knowledgeable? > > **Bro, you just stated the contrary with that gold comment of yours.** > > _Feel free to comment anytime soon._ Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will choose to believe in your sincerity.
: Ah yes... The old diamond + balance vs majority of player balance. A fight that never seems to end. My position? diamond + rank balance. Why? Because no matter who you are, you can learn the game and be at the same level of the top 1 player in the game with time. Lower rank balance is, most of the time, going to be balance around prejudice. For exemple, take yasuo for instance. Now, not everyone in the lower elos think hes broken, but many people want him nerfed. Does he need a nerf? no. Is he obnoxious? yeah. Is that a reason to dump him with nerf? apparently, if we go with the lower elo mentality, of course we should. But then again, why should we focus on the 1% of the population of a server? this does sounds really unfair, I will agree. However, balancing around diamond will bring more rational balance, though riot is riot so I dont expect perfection, then balance around bad experiences. But isnt league supposed to be fun? Why should we have to learn to not get dumped? Well the answer from me is simple: League is a competitive game. Learning in league is, at least for me, part of the fun. Now this is completly subjective if you agree with me or not, but if you honestly think league is not a competitive game, give me the facts that tells me otherwise. Im not saying normals should be competitive, but in the end, they are. Alot of people plays normals to learn a champion and thus, they are going to try their best in the game to learn that x champion. The only time i dont see much competitive aspects when i play, is when I play with my friends in normal. We just fuck around most of the time. In the end, all of that is my opinion on the matter and I would appreciate if someone thinks im wrong to give me their feedback on the reason why! Gl Hf in your games!
> [{quoted}](name=Nami Fish Hentai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sEKxxTKg,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2017-05-08T00:28:51.843+0000) > > Ah yes... The old diamond + balance vs majority of player balance. A fight that never seems to end. > > My position? diamond + rank balance. > > Why? > > Because no matter who you are, you can learn the game and be at the same level of the top 1 player in the game with time. > > Lower rank balance is, most of the time, going to be balance around prejudice. For exemple, take yasuo for instance. Now, not everyone in the lower elos think hes broken, but many people want him nerfed. Does he need a nerf? no. Is he obnoxious? yeah. Is that a reason to dump him with nerf? apparently, if we go with the lower elo mentality, of course we should. > > But then again, why should we focus on the 1% of the population of a server? this does sounds really unfair, I will agree. However, balancing around diamond will bring more rational balance, though riot is riot so I dont expect perfection, then balance around bad experiences. > > But isnt league supposed to be fun? Why should we have to learn to not get dumped? > > Well the answer from me is simple: League is a competitive game. Learning in league is, at least for me, part of the fun. Now this is completly subjective if you agree with me or not, but if you honestly think league is not a competitive game, give me the facts that tells me otherwise. Im not saying normals should be competitive, but in the end, they are. Alot of people plays normals to learn a champion and thus, they are going to try their best in the game to learn that x champion. The only time i dont see much competitive aspects when i play, is when I play with my friends in normal. We just fuck around most of the time. > > In the end, all of that is my opinion on the matter and I would appreciate if someone thinks im wrong to give me their feedback on the reason why! > > Gl Hf in your games! The problem with this as myself and a few others have pointed out, is that historically this will kill the game. While this is a competitive game, the money doesn't come from the high end competition. I think much of this mentality can be blamed on the push for Esports to be recognized as a legitimate sport. This may seem off topic, but lets compare the LCS to the NFL to illustrate why balance needs to be mostly centered around the largest player base. The NFL has millions of viewers tune in each week that havnt touched a football in years, and a large majority of them have never played 1 full football game themselves. Compared to the LCS, almost ever viewer is an actual player of the game. The NFL does not rely on sales of footballs at the local sporting goods store to stay in business, because they dont gather viewers primarily from existing players. Riot on the other hand, does get its revenue and viewers primarily from existing players. In the NFL the spectacle of the game is the end product, that is what is being sold, but for riot the top level play is just the billboard for the game, the end product is a large player-base. Is it fun to watch and talk about with other like minded players, absolutely. We should not, however, kid ourselves into thinking that top level play is anything more than marketing. Its something flashy to incentivize players to pay money for something. Which would hurt the game more, the top 10% (diamond +) of players leaving, or the bottom 40% (unranked and bronze)? I do realize that there is a difference between diamond level and the LCS, but really, with the LCS being a thing why should they listen to lowly diamond players when they have a pool of current and former pro players to talk too? it all depends on where you want to draw that line.
Ramen226 (NA)
: Bored of losing to players 10 times better than me
I have responded to other threads about this. I hit level 30 less than 10 normals games ago, according to op.gg i am at a 25% win rate excluding aram over my last 20 games, and most of my games are populated with silver to plat players. I dont feel like i learn anything or get better when i first time a role or champ as a fresh 30 into a gold or plat. I would happily triple the wait time for a game if it ment that i could get a game where one team or another doesnt get 1 lane so fed by 15 mins that they can 1v3 under the turret. For example i played my first jungle game outside of bots last night, first time WW. My team had 1 bronze, 1 silver, and myself and 2 others unranked. The enemy had 1 gold, 3 silvers, 1 unranked. I learned that im bad, and should feel bad, but nothing on how to get better.
: Almost every balance problem traces back to the pros vs. pubs problem.
For perspective, i just hit lvl 30 and am not the most knowledgeable about league in general. I do have experience at high levels in other PvP oriented games so I can hopefully offer something to contribute to this discussion. I see quiet a few people here advocating that balance should be centered around diamond and higher, and this way of thinking isn't new or unique to league. When you visualize the player-base of any game like this, it becomes a pyramid, with the top of the pyramid only existing because of the base. The top players are only on top because of the millions of people who log on every day and lose games, and the company only exists to provide this game because of those millions of players spending money. According to league of graphs, bronze and silver players make up roughly 70% of the player-base. Imagine if all of them left, do you know of any company that could survive a 70% lose of revenue? Again if this happened, the top players now would become the below average players tomorrow. Gold the new bronze, plat the new silver and so on. Everyone would shift left. So what about those diamond players today who would be gold tomorrow? they didn't suddenly lose game knowledge over night, nor did they actually get any worse mechanically. They just suddenly fall under the arbitrary "you must be this good to have an opinion line" that by definition can only exist because enough people are "bad" enough to be under it. The top players will always adapt, they will always learn faster and play smarter than the lower ranks. You cant balance around them because they are good enough to play around whatever balance changes are made. But what is a minor annoyance for the top 10% can be absolutely game breaking for the bottom 70%, and that is a terrible way to run a business. In the interest of fairness I will admit that in other games, when I was at at the top .5% level i also believed that only the opinion of the higher ranks mattered. "Why should they listen to you about class balance, clearly you don't even know how to play your own class, let alone speak to larger issues of game-play" . But at what level of play do you magically decide that an opinion matters?
Show more

Exercise85

Level 40 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion