Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Am I the only one who would PAY for a Classic SR map Skin?
I feel it doesn't fit the new meaning? So to have it would be extremely out of place.. but maybe as a _alternative universe_ set up..
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: scenario 1 you're silver your friend is a diamond jungler he never queued as another role your friend plays as top with you enjoy the free boost encouraged by the system Scenario 2 Diamond adc got autofilled in a silver elo game as support "Trade with me i'm diamond" adc player trades team enjoy the free boost encouraged by the system
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tdhKALIj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-16T05:55:46.485+0000) > > scenario 1 > you're silver > your friend is a diamond jungler > he never queued as another role > your friend plays as top with you > enjoy the free boost encouraged by the system > > Scenario 2 > Diamond adc got autofilled in a silver elo game as support > "Trade with me i'm diamond" > adc player trades > team enjoy the free boost encouraged by the system This sounds like realistic flaws in it that they could address?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: This article would be hilarious if there wasn't an agenda attached to it. Lemme drop some knowledge real quick for people who need a small guide as to why this is bull shit. 1. It's from Kotaku, a site with a bad reputation. (Not a complete killer, because even a good article can come from a bad site) 2. No hard evidence. (Everything is off record, there is nothing at stake, Without facts all you got is opinion) 3. I'm Offended! Fishing for your change. (In this day and age it is a tactic to be offended at something, be it at something you hate, something you want to change to be more in align with what you want, or any number of reasons. You can fish like this all time. With nothing on the line you can throw "I'm offended" anywhere and everywhere. Because it costs nothing, and because you can do it in so many places you'll get a bite somewhere, and then you can further whatever agenda you want wherever you get that bite. This is just another line cast in such a way 4. Paranoia and Misjudgment (From what I've been reading there seems to be some hurt feelings at people not liking their ideas, or they missed out on a promotion, or they didn't get what they want. Simply put if you look at human beings it is probably a case of nepotism, hiring people they know and have relationships with over strangers. Human in general tend to promote and want to improve the people around to them, that are close to them. Why? Cause they've invested time in them and care for them. Would a meritocracy be better? Yes of course it would be but you can't fault people for self interest. It isn't so much they are putting others down, it's more them being selfish. Being selfish isn't a crime) 5. A lot of this reads as rumor/gossip mill bull shit. "Well I heard this" "Well I heard that" "This totally happened, trust me". (I don't trust rumors, I trust hard facts. Sorry but unless there is documentation or a trusted source or SOMETHING that I could some faith into, I can't just "Listen and believe".) 6. Measurement of Sexism "Bro Culture" and "I'm Offended" (We live in a time where a stiff wind has the power to offend someone. A time where "Feelings" matter more than "Facts". So when it comes down to it, when someone says there is "Sexism" you have to answer the question "is it actual sexism, or is it easily offended sexism? With having so many people being easily offended now-a-days you really have to ask this question. It is mainstream now to be offended, there are so many "wrongs" with society that "only you/your group can fix" "Only you know the way and only your way can truly be considered the right way to think, everything else is wrong-think" In short I can't trust a person's personal feelings towards something when their measurement is likely flawed.) 7. Mentions of "Feelings" and "Perception" (Several times in the article I'm seeing lines like "detailed how women in these fields felt they had fewer opportunities for advancement" Which by my book is a no no. Feelings doesn't equal facts. Simply put what you want and what you deserve are two different things) 8. Riot Wants To Hire Gamers, they think that this means no women. (It means they want gamers because Gamers is what gives them a winning business strategy. We all know that gamers make the best with what little resources we have, min-max our character sheets, squeeze every little bit of profit we can from a build, manage our items, organize for maximum efficiency. What Riot wants is commendable, it's great that they want excellence. They are being pissy because they think they don't want girls. They simply want the best. They also don't have gender quotas, meaning they aren't trying to stuff their company full of company to pay lip service to the bull shit.) ------------------------------------- There were more points I could and may address later. Honestly one sentence can summarize it all up. "It's a silly Kotaku article". The end.
I would of taken your entire thing more seriously if you'd posted it logically. Not the reverse sjw method of, "someone is insulted boohoo me I can't take this seriously because there is EMOTION and not including scores of details backing their statements." What's up with your #8 btw? are you saying girls arn't actually gamers? your point #7, Why do most employee's leave a business? because of how they FEEL. _I feel like my paycheck isn't enough, I feel like I'm not respected, I feel._ if this was a statement from a male employee with "I feel as if my talents were not being recognized." You'd clap and go YEAH DUDE FIND A PLACE WHERE YOU BELONG. But _PURELY_ because it involves females you find this an invalid reasoning. This is harmful towards men as well as MANY males leave their workplaces to pursue better opportunities where they _heres the kicker_ FEEL they are appreciated. About 6? I'm sorry but their workplace doesn't seem professional. What about walking into a room and "grabbing your crotch" "farting on someones face" or acting like a college bro is professional? You act like this is all because someone is insulted - but my own grandfather would rather get a belt and whip these pathetic men into shape rather than let them act that way. I'm sorry, did yours not teach you about that? Your point 4, I like how you admit its better for it not to happen. Yet you're still defending it. It's wrong, period. If someone has a good idea, the person saying it shouldn't matter. The idea should be what's valued. Now to the glorious number 3. Did anyone really use the whole "I'm offended because of how they treated me." line? Most of what I read was along the lines of _I tried to stay but it felt as if I'd be respected or appreciated more in other areas of life._ Not "I left because they offended me."
: This article is what makes me want to take a break from league
Look, to anyone reading this and going "omg kotaku" this actually is an article that they researched and asked individuals for. Quite a few people they interviewed shared this link, while you can divulge destroy and dive into and nitpick at the article. You can also see the message "80% of male employees" In this day and age where I know just as many girl gamers as guy gamers. I know just as many women graduating with marketing and coding as males. You're left wondering why it's still this large of a number? You can also SEE riot trying to "hide" this by making their females the faces. You see more videos with female rioters, more rioters going out of their way to try to appear like this isn't a issue. Riot needs to ADDRESS this and work on FIXING it. Because people are noticing. We're watching. We're reading. We're judging.
Rioter Comments
: Leaverbuster questions
Also i’ll Be contacting actual support to ask this if I don’t get a answer about the timers for leaverbuster. I’m just curious if they go down? Because mine hasn’t in a year.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Keyru (NA)
: Check your mission tab and you should have one called Rune Collector. From there, you have to play one matchmade game and orbs will show up in your loot to redeem the rest of your Blue Essence from runes.
  Rioter Comments
LankPants (OCE)
: So Riot, About Sejuani.
sHE'S A BOAR THAT HURTS YOU WHILE BEING INSANLEY TANKY KEEP HER IRRELEVANT. Fr though, when I'm playing nidalee or tristana and she can cancel my w's (Nid W or Trist W) by dashing into my face mid w then freeze me and I can basically do 0 dmg against her.. Its unfair lmao, so dang unfair. I'm already squishy, but now the tank can kill me? I've had sejuanis consistently get #1 or #2 top dmg dealt, its not fun. not fun ag all.
: Zoe's Beatboxing Animation + Kinetic
I NEED TO KNOW THIS AS WELL THIS WAS SO ADORABLE TO SEE OMFG.
GigglesO (NA)
: Remember when getting to the ADC meant you could kill them?
As a nidalee player, and a adc player. I relate and laugh at you. Both. AT THE SAME TIME.
: Zoe looks... very annoying to deal with.
The thing about the sleep is it has a circle around it, and its not super big. It's single target as well, It's not that broken with that in mind. She also looks like she isn't goin to be given many damage dealing abilities.. I think we saw at most two.
Qomp (EUNE)
: I got perma-banned for stepping up against toxic players
To receive a permanent ban, you must of had prior warnings and or punishments. Like serious dude, I get bitchy with people who push me too far in games, but riots only ever sent me warnings - and I still get "thanks for keeping it honorable" a CRAP ton of the time.
: PSA: Think Before You Duo
I don’t get the post, are you saying if both members of the team together equal two fully functional members? Lately I’ve been only queueing with other carries, one of us taking top, mid, or adc - and sometimes I’ll take support but NEVER with my duos in the same lane as me if we can choose it. What this does for us? It enables us to control most of the map that the chaotic mess solo queue puts together, we tend to shun people carrying us and instead rely more on each other. Note. The lane we don’t control always loses :D
: Can we discuss Teemo's mushrooms and how completely terrible of a design they are?
Easy steps to dealing with teemo shroom. 1. A Janna 2. A Gallo 3. A lulu Have Janna shield someone Have Gallo walk over the area Have lulu shield someone Or you can get a pink ward Or a oracles ward Or you know... build an adaptive helm. For real, it counters dots so well, it is literally anti-dot.
Dkims (NA)
: I Have A Dream That One Day iBlitzcrank's Hook Will Be Fixed
Atuko (NA)
: So are towers purposely meant to be useless after early game?
There really needs to be a balance for turrets, like make the ramp up stronger or make it max hp dmg dealt instead of this pathetic stuff we got rn where a Leona with w at level 3 can make turret literally her bitch and tower dive hella hard. Lmao Turrets do physical dmg currently, so if you have armor they don’t actually hurt you worth anything. If they did true dmg atleast, it would fix a lot of shit. I’ve been super salty as well when I’m forced to 1v2 midland and an assasin can take 5 hits before they go down to the turret, like.. come on. Turrets just need some love, their useless. This game might as well be a free for all for whoever gets to destroying the chunk of hp preventing the progression of the game first, Like, it needs more MMPH
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Broporo (NA)
: Y'know, I sympathize with this quiiiiite a bit actually. Smurfing can lead to people of far higher skill levels playing in much lower tiers than they should which can lead to this behavior. Overall, there's a lot of ways that smurfs let people skirt the rules and systems in their favor. There's nothing I can personally do about smurfs, since everyone has the right to their account, but if they're acting this way I would personally report them in post-game for toxicity or boosting if they claim it. Always make use of reporting, otherwise, we can't take action.
If they're claiming to be a smurf, but not claiming to be boosting - Is it still bannable? I know riot has a code of "It's shit talk in game." versus "harassment." Trash talk is an integral part of "competitive" games so Its one of those things where I'm curious as to how you value or judge it.
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I just attempted to do all of that, It didn't help, I've submitted a ticket about it!
I think I might just put league on a external harddrive and take it to the local library and download it... but this is definitely going to be a consistent issue.
Broporo (NA)
: This might be an issue where your network is getting routed in a bad way when it's coming to our servers, which might explain why our download is a bit slower than some others. You also mentioned having just downloaded BDO, SC2, and Fortnite just last week...so this may actually be a case of your ISP throttling your download speeds as well. Let's make sure we cover some of the basic troubleshooting steps first, so be sure to hit up our [**connection guide**](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752664-Troubleshooting-Connection-Issues). Pay close attention to the steps on port forwarding and setting up your DNS, and let me know if that's able to help that download speed.
I just attempted to do all of that, It didn't help, I've submitted a ticket about it!
: Issues downloading.
So I'm really livid, just out of being a angry young adult probably. But I remember two weeks ago I re-downloaded the entire black desert online. It took me like, 9 hours. <_< Isn't bdo like double the size of league of legends? I also downloaded starcraft 2.. fortnite.. other games, all last week/week before that cause I was playing games a friend wanted to play.
: Issues downloading.
Also note, it won't allow me to log into support apparently. Everything is peachy. I can't download the game, I can't submit a support ticket, I've done everything from DNS to running as admin. Is there a way I can just bulk download a zip-file with the entire game inside of it rather than relying on League servers to give it to me?
  Rioter Comments
: Some thoughts on Support
So I'm muttering over why I quit being a support main. I had to sit down and think about it, and I think the largest reason would be lack of diversity. You pick soraka per say, and you need to build her hp/ap + shield/heal increase. Theres only like 5 items you can build on her that are good. Most of them being tank/support items. All of supports, build tank/utility. It's really boring and most of them don't gain an optimal experience for it, take nami for example. By far one of the hardest and unique kids, her E, W, Q, Ultimate and passive all scale with ability power and you'd assume with her bounce % being able to go up (so the amount that it heals as it bounces between teammates) scaling with ap, you would want to build her ap? No. You build her tanky CDR and say screw anything fun in life. There's no UNIQUENESS to the roll, Sure the random ap blitzcrank will mess you up, but he'll probably lose the game. Tank and utility stats are just Too good. Damage stats don't compare, there should be some supports that just work **Better** with ap than utility. Sightstone needs to give us more of a reward, 500 hp + 4 wards is not that good tbh, Nobody would want to buy it that is coming from an aggressive role. I went from support, to toplane. I can say it's helped me in so many ways see the game from a new light. I can tell you exactly what bores me to play support, what frustrates me, and what just hurts me soul. * ADCS that don't help me ward. * Junglers that don't communicate with me to do roaming ganks. * Item diversity is basically non-existant. (Maybe more support items geared towards the different categories of support? Support has poke/peelers, healers, tanks. We need some different stats than our toplane counterparts. Nautilus can build full tank as support and top-lane. Taric can not) * Give supports some recognition, A *save* feature like you do with phantom dancer. If a support shields or heals a teammate that would of been killed, add to the kill feed _Sona Denied Syndra's Kill_ or something along that line. So if a good soraka ults and prevents a karthus from killing her team, the chats spammed with _Soraka Denied Karthus's kill on %Champion%_ a bunch of lines. * Disrespect is so freaking potent. The adc will blame you for them messing up, teammates will cry if you don't save them. They blame you for being useless if you're put behind because your team is behind. But heres my big suggestion, sight stone with a bigger purpose. Add a totem at the top of dragon pit, and baron pit. This totem is called the "totem of true sight." or you can name it whatever- only an individual with a sight stone can hold it. So your support with sight stone can co capture it, and they have to keep their sight stone in their possession or else it will fade out. **This Totem will reveal the baron/dragon pits and the river directly infront of it. Revealing to your team if wards are placed there or scuttle is taken. **
: Even if your leave is unintentional, unavoidable, and unforeseeable, that doesn't make it any better for the other players that have to put up with your absence. Leaver Buster treats everyone the same so that you are motivated to fix the issues that cause these disconnections; if you are unable to commit to a full match or prevent frequent disconnections, that shouldn't have to be a burden on everyone else. Btw, Overwatch's penalties for frequent leaving (at least in competitive play) are far worse than a low priority queue in League. If you need assistance with a technical issue resulting in these leaves, please post on **Help & Support**, even if it's just for advice with how to approach your ISP.
At the same time though, "Leaverbuster works because others suffer." Riot shouldn't just cast every afker into the same category. While in your eyes, an afker is an afker. there is legitimate reasons why some people disconnect, I understand ranked queues but I really feel like they should have an appeal system. Atleast for bans. Instance: Friend of mine got banned for "boosting." when he moved from arizona to new york to attend college, he got him a new computer and everything. He logged into his league account and worked his ass off to climb from bronze 4 to platinum 2 during the 2015 season. 2016 season hit and he got hit with a fat notice saying "You have been banned" basically. It didn't give him any way to contact riot, and riot's policy is that they won't revoke bans _period_ from what others have informed me. He quit league after that. It's not an easy black and white situation, if riot has it stated somewhere "If you wish to appeal a ban please contact us here." then sure great, and if they have it then its recent. They used to have a no-tolerance policy. I'm not upset about leaverbuster as much as I'm upset at my ISP provider. I'm just upset that the onlything I can do about it is not play league because even though its a game, it means life and death to some people whether or not they win or lose a match based on one afk person in an aram.
: Even if your leave is unintentional, unavoidable, and unforeseeable, that doesn't make it any better for the other players that have to put up with your absence. Leaver Buster treats everyone the same so that you are motivated to fix the issues that cause these disconnections; if you are unable to commit to a full match or prevent frequent disconnections, that shouldn't have to be a burden on everyone else. Btw, Overwatch's penalties for frequent leaving (at least in competitive play) are far worse than a low priority queue in League. If you need assistance with a technical issue resulting in these leaves, please post on **Help & Support**, even if it's just for advice with how to approach your ISP.
I have the service call out, but theres nothing I can do now except either _not_ playing league of legends for a week. Great right?
: Nah. They don't think that you ragequit. They think that you are ruining 9 other people's experience by not getting your internet problems sorted out, and that you agreed to not leave games for any reason via the terms and conditions. And they are right. Get your internet problems sorted out, from what I have heard from other people on the forums it is very hard to get to 20 minute penalties. Overwatch does the same thing if I recall. I remember I was leaving a bunch of matches because my video card was not agreeing with the game and I had no way to test my fixes besides trying to play matches (to my knowledge) and it told me I would be penalized for leaving games if I did it more. I don't remember what it said would happen but it was going to punish me for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Zezockary,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GENRiPtg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-17T08:46:56.919+0000) > > Nah. They don&#x27;t think that you ragequit. They think that you are ruining 9 other people&#x27;s experience by not getting your internet problems sorted out, and that you agreed to not leave games for any reason via the terms and conditions. > > And they are right. Get your internet problems sorted out, from what I have heard from other people on the forums it is very hard to get to 20 minute penalties. > > Overwatch does the same thing if I recall. I remember I was leaving a bunch of matches because my video card was not agreeing with the game and I had no way to test my fixes besides trying to play matches (to my knowledge) and it told me I would be penalized for leaving games if I did it more. I don&#x27;t remember what it said would happen but it was going to punish me for it. Overwatch and me have a good relationship though, I rarely disconnect from overwatch matches as much as I disconnect from league. I've I think disconnected from a total of five Overwatch matches since it's release. and as I stated, this 20minute penalty carried over from a year ago. Apparently they don't "reset" it.
: As Deep Terror Nami suggested, you may want to contact support about this. I have heard of situations where there were just some minor tweaks needed to be made to the user's router which made a massive difference. Your situation may be as simple as that.
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GENRiPtg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-01-17T11:37:44.118+0000) > > As Deep Terror Nami suggested, you may want to contact support about this. > > I have heard of situations where there were just some minor tweaks needed to be made to the user&#x27;s router which made a massive difference. > > Your situation may be as simple as that. Not router issues but ISP issues. ._. Service call is out, but nobody will show up till the 23rd. *Guess i'm not supposed to play league for a full week.*
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Cynicatt (NA)
: upvotes don't matter on GD. we can't front page. so who cares, just let the kid with the downvote bot feel like he has some semblance of purpose in life.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=62aphi99,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-13T12:34:22.954+0000) > > upvotes don&#x27;t matter on GD. we can&#x27;t front page. > so who cares, just let the kid with the downvote bot feel like he has some semblance of purpose in life. Yeah but it does help bury posts. Along with making things not matter ni general. (I just upvoted a slew of -1s)
: Cuz 95% of posts here are bait and the other 5% just suck Just look at who posts what and ull see what i mean
> [{quoted}](name=Grimspeake,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=62aphi99,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-13T12:26:08.401+0000) > > Cuz 95% of posts here are bait and the other 5% just suck > > Just look at who posts what and ull see what i mean I mean My post is bait. It's bait for conversation. ._. Bait threads arn't bad, depending on the content within it. Your comment is bait, you want someone to get butthurt over the fact you called everything "bait" This is a mentality that is an issue.
Show more

Faeri Pinkett

Level 187 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion