Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
: Oh on the TAB menu, like beside the mute botton is a mute pings from this player button. Because i wanna hear other pings, but I dont want to hear that one salty persons pings
There isn't a button there currently, but in the tab menu beside the other mute button is the plan, yes. Omellete du fromage.
: There should be one near a player though, because i like the sounds, but I dont want to hear kayle ping missing or see it at all bc it doesnt matter...
: I play with music so I cant "hear" pings. Where do you see the pings?
Both in the minimap and the real map.
: What about my single crit rune :( I personally like the random aspect of crit as it makes the game less about mathematically finding the best solution. I don't want it to be a stat check, these rng elements are dun in my opinion. They're fun in hearthstone and I think it adds a lot of fun value to the gsme. I like your post and system, take my upvote. I hope you don't mind if I personally like crit though
I respect your opinion, but RNG is the reason I hate Hearthstone and instead play Magic.
: > [{quoted}](name=Flamer Lord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j58a2EQQ,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-09-07T19:24:04.089+0000) > > Not that I don't respect you or your opinion, but since I've talked a similar matter before, I'll just copy-past that: > > It is not only about spam, it is also about giving a way to calm down to tilted players. If you have to deal with a tilted-to-oblivion player, mute ping or not, chances are you're going to lose. But this might just do the difference between him intentionally feeding and him at least trying even though he does not work as a team. Thus, allowing you to possibly win. The purpose of ping muting is meant to reduce the tilt and toxicity of players in game as a result of spam pinging or pinging to insult a player's play. The mute pings isn't meant to completely cut off communication with your team forever just because you don't want told what to do. Communication is a high necessity with your team inorder to climb ratings. Can you climb through ratings without pings? Thats asking if you can climb through ratings playing teemo AD support, yes you can, it possible, but what are the chances of winning if you don't have the communication that would otherwise increase your team's chances of winning. As more emphasis on how important pings are, if you watch LCS, where 5 highly coordinated teams have mic communication, you'll see them spamming pings on the minimap, this just shows how important this communication is, and giving players the option to mute it out just makes it harder to get things done. Especially for junglers who need to ping to engage to need follow up, but their laner doesn't see them and the jungler prematurely goes in without their commitment.
You clearly are overevaluating communication. Many players can win almost every game by muting everybody and disabling ping sounds. On the other hand, they could not with Teemo AD support. It is possible to win every single game without any form of communication in Solo Queue.
: Oh Meh Gerd!!! How can you be so smart? How is this logical. NO way. This must be a evil plan. But it sounds really good T_T.
#Huehuehue By pressing the mute pings button you are in fact activating the mind control engine in your headphones so I can make you my slave.
Acexxz (NA)
: Can we mute other champions voices as well, besides our own?
Currently not, but this is another topic I believe.
M0useXx (NA)
: You sir are brilliant. I just want a way to mute one ONE persons annoying pinging. If they know you already muted them then they ping you to death it ruins the game. I end up instead trying to figure out how to remove fingers from them so they can't ping me rather then how I can and will help my team win. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Thanks for the support!
: > [{quoted}](name=Flamer Lord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j58a2EQQ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2016-09-07T19:18:43.329+0000) > > Trust me, you don't need to ping people in order to climb. > > If people would mute pings at the start of a match, they can't blame anyone for not calling roaming enemies, thus keeping the climat enjoyable. I believe the mute ping button should be available at the start of the match regardless of either or not the player prompted the "too many pings..". > > If the player utilizes mute ping on everybody at the start of a match, chances are he would not have listened to your pings anyway. Not only that, but it could also have triggered him even further. Him muting everybody's pings could be the one thing that makes your chance to win go from 0 to 50%. I have no reason to trust you and don't believe a mute all pings button would help under the circumstances you've proposed. Especially not as a jungler who often plays champs who require help to take drags. Players in low elo aren't observant enough and pings are the only way to get their attention.
You've got no reason to trust me, no. You don't know me. I can understand you do not agree with mute pings, but I feel your attitude is one of someone always finding reasons to blame other than you. _Which makes me believe you are somewhere in between Bronze and low Diamond_. If someone drives a car playing Pokémon-go and crashes his car into somebody, that's not Pokémon-go's fault; it's the driver's. Same goes with Ping Mute. It brings more good things than it brings bad things (if it brings any). Also, most people that are not observant enough are well aware of it, which is why they consider pings as important. That kind of person will not mute ping in the first place, ever. It is an option, you don't have to. The kind of player that is not aware of him being not observant enough AND muting your pings is the kind of player that will make you lose the game REGARDLESS of Mute Ping or not. And even then, like I said, that player MIGHT possibly try BECAUSE of mute ping, which will do nothing but increase your chances at winning.
: This is very 50/50 with me.. On one hand, every single point is completely true and the moment my games begin I wish I had the option to mute pings, but on the other hand if that guy is pinging something really important it could cost my performance or game having them muted. I view it this way: Leave them on and tilt, or Leave them off and miss out on baron or MIA roam pings. I feel instead of alloweing us to mute pings, it should instead give us the option to increase the time inbetween pings from the same player. The problem is the spam in chat or them used in a toxic manner by the player like "?" on your dead body, not pings themselves. So instead of a riven pinging you 6 times in 2 seconds, it'll look like they only pinged once from your client. "Enemies missing" "Enemies missing" "Enemies missing" "Enemies missing" "Go to options, set individual player ping rate to every 2 seconds" "Enemies missing" (2 seconds later) "Enemies missing" This would reduce the spam, and still keep the ping alertness there so you can react to enemy roams or junglers you didn't see, last thing we need is split pushing tryndamere disabling pings altogether when half of them rarely listen anyways. Maybe give the option so the same player can only send you specifically the same type of ping once every 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 seconds, this way if they ping for assistance they can immidiately ping danger to disengage if they change their mind. As far as the little single Missing ping whenever you make a mistake, well lets be honest you can't block everything from tilting you.. its the internet, if that one single ping tilts you for your entire game, then you need to meditate. Remember you can climb ratings and win games without any form of communication at all as you have the ping system, take that away from yourself and you lost literally any kind of map awareness from your team, and yes I understand the odds of you muting pings aren't consistent since you'd only mute the toxic pinger, but like chat the toxic muters also play in this and can ignore pings altogether to troll or just because they don't think they need to hear them.
Not that I don't respect you or your opinion, but since I've talked a similar matter before, I'll just copy-past that: >Trust me, you don't need to ping people in order to climb. > >If people would mute pings at the start of a match, they can't blame anyone for not calling roaming enemies, thus keeping the climat enjoyable. I believe the mute ping button should be available at the start of the match regardless [...]. > >If the player utilizes mute ping on everybody at the start of a match, chances are he would not have listened to your pings anyway. Not only that, but it could also have triggered him even further. Him muting everybody's pings could be the one thing that makes your chance to win go from 0 to 50%. It is not only about spam, it is also about giving a way to calm down to tilted players. If you have to deal with a tilted-to-oblivion player, mute ping or not, chances are you're going to lose. But this might just do the difference between him intentionally feeding and him at least trying even though he does not work as a team. Thus, allowing you to possibly win.
: Giving a the ability to completely mute pings could cause major problems in low elo for those attempting to climb. •Player gets mad cause of pings and starts muting pings at the start of the match. Perhaps the mute pings button should be restricted to players who have prompted the "Too many pings.." dialogue or give a time limitation where the mute pings button isn't enabled until at least ~5 minutes into the game. That way a player will likely forget / become more concerned with their lane and only mute pings once they become a problem within the match.
Trust me, you don't need to ping people in order to climb. If people would mute pings at the start of a match, they can't blame anyone for not calling roaming enemies, thus keeping the climat enjoyable. I believe the mute ping button should be available at the start of the match regardless of either or not the player prompted the "too many pings..". If the player utilizes mute ping on everybody at the start of a match, chances are he would not have listened to your pings anyway. Not only that, but it could also have triggered him even further. Him muting everybody's pings could be the one thing that makes your chance to win go from 0 to 50%.
: A mute button for emote spam would be nice too. Nothing like lux/lulu/annie supports with nothing better to to do than spam their laugh button.
I think Riot Games may want to avoid too many buttons, but having the option to check "Chat mute mutes emotes" in the settings would be very good indeed.
Pale Pirate (EUNE)
: I don't have trust that people will use it correctly. Sometimes I ping frantically but it is because my enemy mid is roaming or because I have noticed enemy movements which someone else hasn't. I would hate to get muted because people don't get why I'm pinging. Also there is the communication problem. Imagine we create a plan through pings. The whole team could go in disarray if one person has pings muted. This is the exact same reason why mic communication is not enabled.
If that person mutes your ping or even if he does not, but wants to, he does not care about your ping plans. I would personally mute ping you in a game, and it would be a good thing as I wouldn't tilt and so I'd do good, better than if I didn't. Sometimes it's a good thing to ignore the gank and do that 1 for 1 so that your opponent loses farm and experience; if people use mute ping on you, they believe they can check the map themselves and it does not necesseraly means your chat has been muted either, also, being forced into listenning to your pings can be very frustrating to some players, as they may believe you will think they didn't die because of you (additionnal source of tilt).
: There should be a separate button next to the normal mute button to mute pings. So you can mute the player and if he starts spamming pings afterwards, you can mute his pings aswell. Or just mute someone's pings who is not using chat and is spamming.
Yes, that is also my suggestion.
: A dude named Flamer Lord is trying to make our League experience better... I'm suspicious.
#You've seen right through my evil plan ! Noooooooooooooo...
S0kaX (EUNE)
: "Sometimes, you just dont want to hear pings, at all." That's why you can mute every single ping {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
But I'm not talking only about every single ping. That would be a player specific option that also disables the image.
: Ahhhhhhh! Then I concur.
And not only that, but that button would be player specific. Not just everybody at once (even though you could mute ping every player at the same time)
: You can already mute pings. Do you mean, make them unable to be seen as well?
Rioter Comments
Shénzhì (EUW)
: #Consistency Approved. I plea for a more consistent game experience and I totally dig this idea. Nice work! ___ * **Animations & Effects:** Critical Strike animations will become redundant [or] entirely new set of Precision Strike effects? * **Unique Kits:** Critical Strike Chance is kept exclusive to some champions (e.g. Shaco): Squishy Attack-Speed champions may benefit more from Critical Strike Chance over Precision. Champions could also be reworked to keep Critical Strike Chance as part of their thematic (e.g. Yasuo?). 1. (Their builds sacrifice damage for defenses from which Crit Chance & Atck Speed can compensate) _(how Mana items benefit Mana champions; Crit items benefit Crit Strike champions)_ 2. (Their new Rune sets may include Critical Strike Damage. Hypothetically balanced!) ___ **omg why is this not in-game? why only allow _new_ Ashe to use this?**
I totally should work on doing something about Animations & Effects. But mathematically, no champion benefits more or less Precision. It's **the exact same**; squishy Attack-Speed champions and Yasuo included.
: You're right, Except, I just want to precise something: shrinking towers will only make players able to click on something else than them, without having to move their cameras in bizarre ways. Yes, there might champions becoming too problematic, Yasuo for exemple. Indeed there will be a need to tweak other champions to fit in this new environment that rewards more players for playing great and less for playing badly. The length of your post is not a problem. I'm happy to see someone that makes good links inside his head.
> [{quoted}](name=Banned Before 30,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EPRabrLe,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2016-09-05T22:56:14.844+0000) > > You're right, Except, I just want to precise something: shrinking towers will only make players able to click on something else than them, without having to move their cameras in bizarre ways. > > Yes, there might champions becoming too problematic, Yasuo for exemple. Indeed there will be a need to tweak other champions to fit in this new environment that rewards more players for playing great and less for playing badly. > > The length of your post is not a problem. I'm happy to see someone that makes good links inside his head. Vayne might also become a problem, just like Riven. You should also do something for Veigar, that ult is something you want to watch out for I'm sure.
: List of Changes - Gameplay Correction
Glad to see there is other players able to think. I agree 100% with this list.
Bemapon (NA)
: 29 deaths may seem like a lot, but 2015 assists would make up for it I think.
If you do 2015 assists then you are very bad, it does not make up for anything; just learn how to end the game at this point.
: This patch is tinier then the amount of skill it takes to play Garen or Darius.
Nothing actually is tinier than the amount of skills it takes to play them, that is if we talk in natural numbers.
: New player reform system heads into testing
OK, so i cant use my good jokes to role play my Flamer Lord anymore???
: I also feel the new Black Cleaver could become a thing on Vayne. Before it was OK (but not optimal on adcs) but now with the new phage passive and more shredding for higher-armor tanks I'd be happy to try this out on Vayne as a late-game item.
I'm not a good ADC, but in my opinion, {{item:3078}} will remain better than {{item:3071}} on all ADCs. So Vayne already not building Trinity Force, I don't think we will see Black Cleavers on her in high elos. Because now, {{item:3071}} is a different {{item:3078}} . Some champions will prefer one or another, even some like {{champion:120}} will have to choose depending on the situation. I would pick {{champion:120}} {{item:3071}} against heavy armor tanks like {{champion:54}} and {{champion:120}} {{item:3078}} against squishy targets.
xPlowx (NA)
: What would now be a more viable build on Poppy and Aatrox? {{champion:78}} {{champion:266}}
{{champion:266}} always has been a champion at the edge of the competitive scene and now has the option to build {{item:3071}} to counter his counter play. {{champion:78}} is slowly getting a great pick in this heavy tank meta. Not only does she deal % hp, she also is able to step across an entire team of CC and peel to kill the primary target rending meta comps useless. No, Poppy can't build The Black Cleaver, cause she needs Trinity Force. But even the Black Cleaver change makes Poppy stronger, since she will deal more damage and will receive less against enemies that would build it.
: I have a feeling that Riven will go unchanged for the most part, I know people that main her and use CDR runes for her. 10% there, 5% from masteries, 15 from Ionians, and another 10 from brute, to go into jungle item or Youmuu's.
Yep that's what is most likely going to happen, but there is still some possibilities I have to explore. A mobile tank with CC that shreds armor, for instance. If Black Cleaver reveals to be a good item, and because it's more of a tank item now; in this case, {{summoner:11}} {{summoner:12}} {{item:3717}} {{item:3071}} is going to be solid.
: Damage reduced by ten affects the shield very little
But still, the fact that she will deal less damage to her primary targets for the same amount of gold makes the item a little worse for Riven in my opinion. Maybe will we see Riven be played differently with a more tanky style if the item appears to be good for its price. {{summoner:11}} {{summoner:12}} with {{item:3717}} {{item:3071}} and then counter items, maybe? Like I said, I will have to test her quite a bit.
: I can honestly see Ryze being used other than a counter. Most tanks in top lane that can't stick to Ryze/Have high damage output early get punished by him. The only issue I see is that his passive is going to be seen by the enemy when most of the time, the visual cues for someone's passive ({{champion:127}}) are so...small that most players look over it. Maybe in higher elos he won't see as much play, but I can see him being a monster in Bronze/Silver/Gold.
''I can honestly see Ryze being used other than a counter [...] tanks in top lane that can't stick to him [...] get punished by him ''. That's what I meant by counter-pick ^_^
: Patch 5.8 notes
As a Diamond player roaming between Divisions 2 and 4 that mains top lane, I will analyze with you this 5.8 patch notes for the top lane. {{champion:13}} Ryze has been significantly buffed, yes it will take more skills to play, but the skill cap will also be higher. I don't think ryze will see much competitive play unless being picked as a counter. {{champion:150}} I actually expect {{item:3071}} to become his core item. Gnar will be picked more often in the competitive scene with better kiting and armor shredding while still being a 4000-5000 healthy tank front line. {{champion:14}} will remain pretty strong in this heavy tanks-that-can-do-camps-or-double-jungle-at-level-one Meta. Since {{item:3071}} now has 20% CDR, it will become an additionnal option to Sion, for if he gets ahead for example. {{champion:98}} {{champion:36}} I don't think anything changed for them, I mean, it's not a huge enough difference to change their viability. Mundo will remain viable and Shen will remain almost viable. {{champion:120}} is still very strong. He will now have the choice between {{item:3078}} , {{item:3071}} or even none and straight full tank. {{champion:266}} {{champion:78}} Keep an eye around those champions, they might start being picked at a competitive level. Meta is slowly pushing them back toward their viability. {{champion:58}} {{item:3071}} directly affects Renekton as one of its situationnal core items. Renekton will have alot more health and shorter cooldowns, but will deal less damage in general against 200 and below armor champions. It might be a buff. But Renekton will not benifit from these changes as much as Gnar will. {{champion:102}} now has a sightly better situationnal response in her bag... or in the shop. {{champion:92}} is more complicated. Riven is an assassin-bruiser, which means she wants to assassinate the squishy carries of the enemy team more than the heavy tanks that peel for them. For that, Riven will be weaker since she will deal less damage to them. She also will have a sightly weaker shield, but that shield will have a lower cooldown and Riven will run faster. Yes she will have 200 more health, but dealing less damage (resulting in life stealing less) and having a sightly weaker shield may make that health not worth it. I will have to test her with The Black Cleaver in order to make a better decision toward her concerns. I deserve Challenger, GG.
: He has been there from the very beginning of League and yet others don't know his potential. He was the first ninja before Zed, Akali, or Kennen to step onto Summoners Rift. You know him as Shen, I know him as The Eye of Twilight. Yes we can agree that there are many posts about an update for Shen. I just believe that he deserves something more, like something grand. I will keep this simple in my own way. I believe that in his rework that when he uses Shadow Dash and Ki Strike is up, his passive goes off on all enemies taunted. In such a way that he spins once reaching the last enemy champ dealing bonus damage. At each rank the taunt time should steadily increase. With his Ult instead of shielding one allied champion, the shield applies to any nearby ally champ. Yet their shield is only a small percentage of the main shield. I read that currently you shouldn't waste your ult on unnecessary saves only on your carries, but I believe that Shen should save everyone. I mean isn't he the Eye of Twilight? Equilibrium consists of not a singular thing, but all things involved. I don't want to only save one, I want to save everyone. Shen's Ult is one of the most game changing ults ever. Imagine you're team is retreating from a terrible team fight: you're all mid to low health and very vulnerable. Well you don't have a choice but to retreat as the enemy team advances. Currently you're all champions that are popular in the meta. (Ex: {{champion:57}} ,{{champion:51}} ,{{champion:37}} , {{champion:157}} ). You believe that the game is lost and everyone one you're team is flaming and losing hope. Then out of nowhere a glimmer of salvation come forth through the darkness that surrounds you. ( Yasuo is the one that has the main shield.) You're fourth team mate revives and types in chat: {{champion:98}} - Stand United. He ults in to you're team and then you once again start to believe as the shields cover each one of you. You without question Leeroy Jenkins and run back at the enemy team full of adrenaline. The enemy team underestimates Shen's potential all game up to late game. They are all filled with pride as the enemy Lee Sin sends a Sonic Wave at Yasuo. Just as it is about to hit him Shen appears and makes it hit him. He is so tanky that it only deals PEANUT DAMAGE! He Shadow Dashes through Lee Sin applying the taunt and at max taunt range he flashes into the grouped up enemy team. ({{champion:104}} , {{champion:421}} , {{champion:412}} , {{champion:69}} ). Their health is chunked as Shen's passive combined with his Shadow Dash taunts them. You are all there with you're ults up and you deal TONS OF DAMAGE like Phreak and Ace the enemy team. You aren't sure what to do as the Adrenaline in you're heart is still pumping. Shen first pings you're fountain and then the enemy nexus. You all understand and then back to get full hp. You all loyally follow Shen's every move as he goes through the jungle stealthily. You push through jungle into the enemy's base. You destroy their inhibitor. Maokai and Shen tank the nexus turrents as you destroy them completely. Then as the last nexus turrent falls the enemy Graves and Lee Sin respawn with homeguards to stop you. Then you're savior does the selfless thing ever done before. He goes around the nexus and taunts them both so you can win the game. Imaginary tears flow down you're face as you watch your ninja die for a worthy cause. And what is that worthy cause? You. Just before the nexus explodes you read at the top of the screen "An Ally has been slain." You can't believe you won one of the most difficult matches ever. And at the results screen the enemy team asks how you did it. They ask "how did you win?" You all simultaneously type in chat. "Shen." "He helped us to Stand United." The enemy team tries to say it was one of you, but you know what really happened. Then as the one who played Shen types, "I main Shen. I couldn't have done it without my team." The enemy team starts to flame Shen, but you all defend him and honor his teamwork. In the end you realize that not even a popular champion in this meta couldn't turn the tides of that match. So I hope you realize the potential of Shen and I leave you with this. Stand United By: Anthony Fuzie This is not the time to quit. Nor is it time to lose hope. They say there is a certain significance in teamwork. Where some one leads and others follow. There are good leaders and bad leaders. It is very easy to spot them in the course of action. Yet there is a possibility of good becoming bad and bad becoming evil. The reason for this is not the team or the leader. It is what they are fighting for. Do they fight just for a simple trophy and the riches that come with it? Or is it the honor that they seek with the strengthened bonds of loyalty and trust? Do not hold back what you feel. Do not lie to the ones who look to you. Do not give in to fear. For when you fear, they will not understand what to do. The fear will spread from you to them. They lash out because of fear. They give up because of loss. They cause frustration because they don’t see their purpose. I am not one to abandon my friends. I make sacrifices for them. If there is trouble I will tell them to stand behind me. In the void that lies around us I will become the light. I will be the light because I still believe. I still stand even if I stumble, for I will never fall. The odds may be against us, but we shall prevail. Do not stand alone believing that you can win against something that requires more than one to accomplish the task. My friends, please do not stand alone. Don’t simply fight for riches. Don’t fight for the fame or the fortune. Instead fight for each other. Fight for the strength that you once had. Fight for the friends and family that you have. Stand United with me my brothers and sisters. And remember the pact we have made. I’ll support you, if you carry me. {{champion:98}} - "True balance lies within."
You sir have no idea how do we play League of Legends, apparently, first of all, why in the world would you recall before pushing when they're aced instead of just ending the game??? Then, sorry, but champions that take no skills, like shen, don't have to be buffed, or not that much, shen is almost a competitive pick and Riot is trying to plug him slowly at his right place. (and they're almost there, unless they already are now, in 5.7)
: Patch 5.6 notes
Seriously Riot, season 5 is the most balanced season we ever had, resulting into alot of diversity in every single role. In the previous seasons, there was so many things that had to be changed and so many things that were changed too much / not enough (hi Kassadin, hi Elise, hi devourer echantment release, etc) But now it is very more accurate, even if sometimes it isn't, it happens very less often. Keep up the good job !
: Player Behavior Design Values: Punishment
Wait a minute, I'm having chat restrictions toward my role playing to live up to my name, sometimes people just don't understand I am trolling so that everyone laughs and they take my words word to word, resulting into reports. :(
: Dark Horses: Support Brand
It is so hot that I picked a {{item:3102}} and he became useless. Welcome to ~~Brand~~Brain-Using players community !
: Exploring Player Behavior Design Values
Lel, I'm considered in that 1% while I'm supper constructive in-game, but because I'm on the prisonner island I get too many trolls that it gets impossible to win even if I play better than my Diamond III little brother, so I get to rage on people in post-game chat. Removing that Prisonner Island stuff would stop to put people into a vicious circle of if you get a bad day, you will be matched with trolls, and when matched with trolls, you rage even more and it continues till you get banned. Great idea Riot !
: It's kinda disheartening how low the general level of understanding is. I swear, there are some comments here that look like a three year old kid wrote them, without ever reading the whole post. I won't even point out what those mistakes were, because they were already preemptively explained in the OP (Regarding Crit interacting ability, Yasuo, Yi, turrets, etc.) We aren't talking about Red and Pink in Blood Moon Elise, we are talking about numbers. If you want to discuss wether randomness is good or bad for the game, you can. If you want to discuss that lucks is something that is tied to a player ability, you can. If you want to argue that this and the current crit system are different, YOU CAN'T, because it's math, it's statistics, and your personal opinion won't change it.
> It's kinda disheartening how low the general level of understanding is. > I swear, there are some comments here that look like a three year old kid wrote them, without ever reading the whole post. > I won't even point out what those mistakes were, because they were already preemptively explained in the OP (Regarding Crit interacting ability, Yasuo, Yi, turrets, etc.) > > We aren't talking about Red and Pink in Blood Moon Elise, we are talking about numbers. > > If you want to discuss wether randomness is good or bad for the game, you can. > If you want to discuss that lucks is something that is tied to a player ability, you can. > > If you want to argue that this and the current crit system are different, YOU CAN'T, because it's math, it's statistics, and your personal opinion won't change it. That's what I've been explicitly explaining on every single facebook group where people were too retarded too understand it hahaha.
: C'est ça que j'ai dit lol
> C'est ça que j'ai dit lol je tai pas contredit hahah
: So, if the sole difference between Precision and AD is that Precision only increases the strength of auto attacks...why would you ever buy a Precision item over an AD item? That's my main problem with it.
> So, if the sole difference between Precision and AD is that Precision only increases the strength of auto attacks...why would you ever buy a Precision item over an AD item? > > That's my main problem with it. Because it is scaling WAY more auto attacks than adding yourself more AD, just like Critical actually does. Precision would have the exact same role as Critical, boosting your basic attacks depending on how much AD you have, so it will be bought in the exact same order and for the exact same reasons.
: > > Remove Crit and replace with Dex > > Suddenly ADC becomes an actual consistent carry role > > Players realize that carrying themselves out of "elo hell" is now very possible > > Players are becoming better at an increasing rate as they fly through the ranks > > Increased number of better players = stronger competition at all ranks > > Decrease in number of trolls, afkers and toxic players > > Community becomes extremely supportive meaning the rate that players become better increases even further > > Riot removes Tribunal because no one has been reported in over a year since removing Crit > > League of Legends is now known to have the most peaceful, supportive and intelligent player base in history > > Player base is so amazing it literally cured cancer, depression and terrorism > > The exact opposite happens if Crit stays
> > > Remove Crit and replace with Dex > > > Suddenly ADC becomes an actual consistent carry role > > > Players realize that carrying themselves out of "elo hell" is now very possible > > > Players are becoming better at an increasing rate as they fly through the ranks > > > Increased number of better players = stronger competition at all ranks > > > Decrease in number of trolls, afkers and toxic players > > > Community becomes extremely supportive meaning the rate that players become better increases even further > > > Riot removes Tribunal because no one has been reported in over a year since removing Crit > > > League of Legends is now known to have the most peaceful, supportive and intelligent player base in history > > > Player base is so amazing it literally cured cancer, depression and terrorism > > > The exact opposite happens if Crit stays HAHAHAHAHA, so fuckin right !
: So basically: the same thing as it is now. Which champ would benefit from precision? Champs that you already build high AD on and that use mostly auto-attacks for their damage. The same champions you build crit on today. Not to mention, you augment the damage amplification of precision if you've got an infinity edge, so you still need to invest in an infinity edge and at least another crit item for it to be worth it, disqualifying some champions like most bruisers to make that purchase in what would be considered an optimal build for their role. Some people are struggling with basic "maff".
> So basically: the same thing as it is now. > > Which champ would benefit from precision? Champs that you already build high AD on and that use mostly auto-attacks for their damage. The same champions you build crit on today. Not to mention, you augment the damage amplification of precision if you've got an infinity edge, so you still need to invest in an infinity edge and at least another crit item for it to be worth it, disqualifying some champions like most bruisers to make that purchase in what would be considered an optimal build for their role. > > Some people are struggling with basic "maff". Actually every Item is keeping is role, Infinity Edge Included. Infinity Edge damage multiplier stays the same.
Drakylon (NA)
: The problem with this change is that crit is supposed to be random. If you replace that with a simple damage multiplier, an ADC with more gold will always win against one with less, making fights even more of a matter of stats -- something Riot is trying to shy away from. And don't spout the "damage remains the same" argument again. That only applies over the course of 100 attacks, and almost no fight goes that long. Even at maximum attack speed, it takes 40 seconds of constant autoattacking to get off 100 attacks (that means no ability animations and limited repositioning -- bad habits for any player). By that point one side will already have died or run away. With the crit system, an overall weaker champion at least has a chance of winning against a stronger one in an auto-attack war with a lucky crit or two. With the precision system, 1% more precision will win of the fight (assuming all abilities hit and other stats are the same).
> And don't spout the "damage remains the same" argument again. That only applies over the course of 100 attacks, and almost no fight goes that long. Even at maximum attack speed, it takes 40 seconds of constant autoattacking to get off 100 attacks (that means no ability animations and limited repositioning -- bad habits for any player). By that point one side will already have died or run away. With the crit system, an overall weaker champion at least has a chance of winning against a stronger one in an auto-attack war with a lucky crit or two. With the precision system, 1% more precision will win of the fight (assuming all abilities hit and other stats are the same). You're wrong, the damage remains as the average of the crit damage. A course of 100 attacks is just to show what crit is supposed to do, and my examples are on 10 attacks, because some people like you weren't able to understand correctly.
: Yasuo's current passive reduces his crit damage by a small percent to "compensate" for the double crit chance. How can you change his passive to do roughly the same thing for precision if precision is a percent increase in AA damage?
> Yasuo's current passive reduces his crit damage by a small percent to "compensate" for the double crit chance. How can you change his passive to do roughly the same thing for precision if precision is a percent increase in AA damage? I completly forgot about this one, thanks for that comment, I'll be fixing it right away. EDIT: I've done the tweak, it is really simple, because Precision Damage works like Critical Damage (say you have 100 AD, 50% Precision and -10% Precision Damage; you will deal 100+50-5=145 damage, pretty simple)
: > All of you saying that it would nerf or make champs op are idiots that didn't read the text in it's entirety. Over the course of 100 auto attacks, this does the EXACT SAME damage that you statistically should be doing already. The only thing this changes is stability and consistency. The absence of critical threat significantly changes how fights are played. There are situations where you're 1.5 autos from death, so a crit will kill you and a normal hit won't. If the enemy has 25% crit, you have to play that situation much differently than if they have 25% precision. This change, if implemented, will definitely buff some champions and nerf others.
> The absence of critical threat significantly changes how fights are played. There are situations where you're 1.5 autos from death, so a crit will kill you and a normal hit won't. If the enemy has 25% crit, you have to play that situation much differently than if they have 25% precision. > > This change, if implemented, will definitely buff some champions and nerf others. No because the threat is divided amongst every single basic attack. So yeah, when you will be low on HP, you will not scare of getting killed if your ennemy has low ratios because you know what is to be expected. But, it makes the attacker also know his damage and to not miss his play because he didnt crit at all with his 50% crit chance on 4 basic attacks. The only gameplay change this will occur is getting rid of people scaring either not having luck or play against someone lucky. In the video, the Blue Zed should have won the fight and is now behind for no strategical reason.
: all the video really tells me is that crit runes should be removed
> all the video really tells me is that crit runes should be removed no, the lucky part of the crit should be removed, the CORE is still important for basic dependant champions like Vayne
: all the video really tells me is that crit runes should be removed
> all the video really tells me is that crit runes should be removed no, the LUCKY PART of the crit should be removed, the CORE is still important for basic dependant champions like Vayne
: You've yet to provide a compelling argument in favour of changing the system over, when you look at... 1) Many people will be upset by this change, while not very many people are upset by the system remaining how it is. People dislike change, and get very angry about it if an entity does an action they don't like, as opposed to an entity not doing something they like. 2) Crit chance appeals to a certain kind of person. To them, this will be almost a personal assault, as you are removing one of their favourite//well-liked parts of the game from them, and giving them a very boring/bland thing in return. 3) Crits feel good. Even on minions and monsters, you get the cool crit animation, the numbers are bigger, etc... This mechanic is not cool and does not feel good. (Crits do feel bad for the person getting critted sometimes, but it is not outweighed by the overall satisfaction the player gets from critting (including crits on non-players.) If you can address these, you'll be making actual progress in the field of removing RNG. Until then, you're just saying what tons of other people have said before you, and nothing has changed yet, so...
> You've yet to provide a compelling argument in favour of changing the system over, when you look at... > > 1) Many people will be upset by this change, while not very many people are upset by the system remaining how it is. People dislike change, and get very angry about it if an entity does an action they don't like, as opposed to an entity not doing something they like. > > 2) Crit chance appeals to a certain kind of person. To them, this will be almost a personal assault, as you are removing one of their favourite//well-liked parts of the game from them, and giving them a very boring/bland thing in return. > > 3) Crits feel good. Even on minions and monsters, you get the cool crit animation, the numbers are bigger, etc... This mechanic is not cool and does not feel good. (Crits do feel bad for the person getting critted sometimes, but it is not outweighed by the overall satisfaction the player gets from critting (including crits on non-players.) > > If you can address these, you'll be making actual progress in the field of removing RNG. Until then, you're just saying what tons of other people have said before you, and nothing has changed yet, so... We can still making it feel good by giving the animation of the Crit depending on how much Precision you have, and actually, people are having fun using luck at their advantage just like people are having fun using hacks.
: but um.. with 100% precision, you deal 100% of your ad with every hit, right? this means, as adc with 325 ad will deal 650 damage on each auto attack. Don't you think that it might get out of control if one has more precision than the other one, causing them to win fights in some cases?
> but um.. with 100% precision, you deal 100% of your ad with every hit, right? > this means, as adc with 325 ad will deal 650 damage on each auto attack. > Don't you think that it might get out of control if one has more precision than the other one, causing them to win fights in some cases? with 100% critical, you deal 100% of your ad every hit. this means as adc with 325 ad will also deal 650 damage on each auto attack, even more if they have an IE, exactly like in Precision system.
Show more

Flamer Lord

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion