: And then you'd have a lot of people even more frustrated with enchanters as a whole. Having to skillshot enemies can be hard enough, having to skillshot your allies on top of it would be too stressful. Enchanters are naturally squishy, immobile and lack the means to protect themselves unless they choose to sacrifice saving their allies. Their damage is naturally low too, compared to other supports. They give up a lot to be able to do their jobs, and they already got nerfs to ensure they couldn't solo lane. Enchanters are in a great spot. People just don't like being denied kills, and that's going to be frustrating no matter how you approach it.
> [{quoted}](name=Krys Star,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q3KPGBlc,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T20:21:06.300+0000) > > And then you'd have a lot of people even more frustrated with enchanters as a whole. Having to skillshot enemies can be hard enough, having to skillshot your allies on top of it would be too stressful. Enchanters are naturally squishy, immobile and lack the means to protect themselves unless they choose to sacrifice saving their allies. Their damage is naturally low too, compared to other supports. They give up a lot to be able to do their jobs, and they already got nerfs to ensure they couldn't solo lane. > > Enchanters are in a great spot. People just don't like being denied kills, and that's going to be frustrating no matter how you approach it. This 1000x. I'm sick of the "but counterplay" argument. Turning everything into a skillshot doesn't add counterplay -- it adds frustration. Anyone that believes constant stutterstepping back and forth is counterplay is delusional. Counterplay is baiting an opponent into an unfavorable position, understanding their attack range better than they do, and exploiting their play habits. Dodging a skillshot is neither skillful nor real counterplay, especially since Riot has a boner for telling the opponent where the damn skillshot is going from start to finish. As this post stated, people hate being denied kills because they don't want to account for the ally standing nearby. They want to run up to their target, delete them, run away, and spam "outplayed" 17 times in all chat. The real problem is that Riot doesn't even know what they want League to be anymore. It's changed hands so many times and so many people have put their fingers in the batter that it's just a congealed mess.
Lapis (OCE)
: Is there a trick to getting people to be okay with offmeta picks?
There's no real trick. Riot long since doubled-down on the "designed role and lane" style of creation that the only way you see things outside of those intentions is if they're abusing something specific. Even in this case, you're unlikely to get people to go along with it unless some prominent professional player started doing it. Just ignore them and do it anyway. It's not against the rules of the game.
: Everyone suddenly "loves" the old Kayle, meanwhile she is one of the top 4 least played champions.
You know what was neat about Kayle? She evoked that same response you get the first time you're playing Metroid and you realize that badass character you've been busting alien jellyfish with all game was actually a woman. New Kayle is Zero Suit, old Kayle is Varia Suit. Most people seemed to have preferred Varia Suit, myself included. I kinda like her ability change direction (though not sure why her ult has to deal damage now...) but visually it's a downgrade.
: In my opinion, that’s a short excuse for “we don’t know how to fix it properly and we’d need to rewrite the whole thing”.
> [{quoted}](name=Fisher No Chains,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3TdcZLK4,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-12-28T13:39:36.909+0000) > > In my opinion, that’s a short excuse for “we don’t know how to fix it properly and we’d need to rewrite the whole thing”. As I recall, "creative solutions" was one of the interview requirements/questions when trying to get a job at Riot. They've never been interested in what worked unless they came up with it, and even if they did come up with it they still may not even use it. Their entire design and fix philosophy is to reinvent the wheel with every patch. They did the necessary tweaking of the formula to stand out in the MOBA genre to avoid dying like HoN did once DotA stopped being a mod and became Dota2. Problem is, they took the "we do things different" mantra and changed it to "we do things different because we have to." So we're stuck with fixes that aren't fixes, problems with no solutions, and a frustrated old-guard playerbase that's increasingly marginalized in favor of fickle ADD "mobile gamers" because those people don't know any better. The only version of League they know is the excessively buggy version and they don't stick around long enough to get annoyed about it.
: One problem I've had is that if you click the "skip results screen" button and the honor page comes up shortly after, you're stuck with a black screen on the client and forced to restart.
> [{quoted}](name=Refer A Friend 1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3TdcZLK4,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-12-27T20:44:55.630+0000) > > One problem I've had is that if you click the "skip results screen" button and the honor page comes up shortly after, you're stuck with a black screen on the client and forced to restart. Skipping results doesn't even save you time anyway. Every time I do it, I still have to wait until the last game "ended" before I can start the next one. The client still counts the Results page as necessary to have loaded and quit from to start a new game. I don't even know why they still bother with the Skip button.
: It’s been like this for 2 years straight. I’ve posted countless threads on Reddit about the garbage ass client we’re stuck with and most of them reached the front page with 4K+ upvotes. Many other people posted client buglists and have been complaining about the client for years now, and yet we’ve had no response at all from Riot. I’m starting to think that they just don’t know how to fix things. Their programmers are probably so bad they can’t get the client to work properly after years. Multi billionaire company by the way.
> [{quoted}](name=Fisher No Chains,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3TdcZLK4,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-27T05:42:50.544+0000) > > It’s been like this for 2 years straight. I’ve posted countless threads on Reddit about the garbage ass client we’re stuck with and most of them reached the front page with 4K+ upvotes. Many other people posted client buglists and have been complaining about the client for years now, and yet we’ve had no response at all from Riot. > > I’m starting to think that they just don’t know how to fix things. Their programmers are probably so bad they can’t get the client to work properly after years. > > Multi billionaire company by the way. They're trying to find "solutions" that other companies wouldn't think to try, because using what works is something Riot will never do. It's all about the "creative solutions." So we get to suffer.
: Champions such as Velkoz & Xerath should NEVER be "supports"
Or, here's an idea. Adapt. Increase your pick pool. Stop thinking lanes "belong" to a narrow selection. Stop demanding Riot "fix" something that you can fix yourself. Let the meta evolve for once instead of telling Riot to keep it stagnant like they normally do.
: Riot, I think it's time to move on. Or should I say, move forward.
The lore was better when everything didn't need to exist in a tiny bubble that spanned three continents, it just needed to be written better. The writing they use now is amateurish at best, but at least it's cohesive? They really shouldn't do an MMO though because MMOs are more than just writing and lore. They can't be trusted to balance this game, so why do you think they'd be able to handle an MMO? It's also too late for the MMO Bandwagon to keep them aloft, so... Short version: A game(s) company that can't balance the single game they've had years to figure out is not likely to handle a more intense and nuanced genre. Expect a point-and-click adventure instead.
: We're going full circle
I don't know why you guys bother with Chip. He's known to ride the bandwagon so he can flaunt his "status" as a "high elo" player as some kind of badge that states he's always right and you're always wrong. His threads are intentionally inflammatory and combative because those are the threads that get attention. All he wants is the attention. Nothing in his posts is about anything else other than demanding attention. The sooner you all realize that, the better off your day will be.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: Maybe if morello and certainlyT teamed up then we could have the yin and yang of champ design
> [{quoted}](name=AÏnz Ooal Gown,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=72GEcB8O,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-12-23T05:31:28.610+0000) > > Maybe if morello and certainlyT teamed up then we could have the yin and yang of champ design So, Zyra? A champion that's also been a balance nightmare at times and some would argue still offers no real counterplay?
: I Fail To See How the Rework Improves Karma or Her Mage Identity
I'll never care about Karma unless they put her back into her original release incarnation. Anything less is just a laughable shadow masquerading as something interesting.
: ... Yes. No. I'm not joking. YES. Listen to low ELO. Because they are by and large the MAJORITY of your player base. If they're not enjoying how the game is, they leave. And when they LEAVE, the game doesn't make money, and when the game doesn't make money, THIS HAPPENS. https://youtu.be/33uZ1SvM-Lk
> [{quoted}](name=FlutterShen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qAeELfWm,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-13T02:32:12.168+0000) > > ... Yes. > > No. I'm not joking. YES. Listen to low ELO. Because they are by and large the MAJORITY of your player base. If they're not enjoying how the game is, they leave. And when they LEAVE, the game doesn't make money, and when the game doesn't make money, THIS HAPPENS. > https://youtu.be/33uZ1SvM-Lk Because corporations don't care how much money they're making unless it's ALL of the money. Anything less than everything isn't good enough.
Arammus (EUW)
: they dont listen to their players because they dont even look at the boards as a rioter posted like last week. "boards are toxic and full of people which have no idea how to balance the game" he deleted that tweet 1 hour later. RIOT DOESNT CARE and they dont listen
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qAeELfWm,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-13T04:49:09.913+0000) > > they dont listen to their players because they dont even look at the boards as a rioter posted like last week. "boards are toxic and full of people which have no idea how to balance the game" he deleted that tweet 1 hour later. > > RIOT DOESNT CARE and they dont listen Which is why they tried to turn the boards into a version of Reddit. They hoped it would become their "official echo chamber." Instead, all it did was make the last few who posted here run off to their Unofficial Echo Chamber. Riot used to be a company that at least tried to look like it cared about the state of the game and tried to be more transparent about aspects of it. I should know, I've been here since Season 1. As the game got older and leadership changed hands over the years, Riot's cared more about pleasing shareholders, TenCent, and surrounding themselves with the constant praise that Reddit showers on them. It's a sad state of affairs. But they've made all the money so they don't really care anymore.
: I love how you get massive downvotes for simply stating that your experiences are the opposite of those who haven't played in **months**.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1nZqW9ns,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-11-25T13:50:49.532+0000) > > I love how you get massive downvotes for simply stating that your experiences are the opposite of those who haven't played in **months**. I'm pretty sure he's getting downvoted because his response to the problems are: 1: Don't get hit. (well duh, problem is getting hit once is enough) 2: Is fine with dying a single time being enough of a swing to let the other team have a chance at a comeback. (not that I think this is actually true; takes more deaths in my experience) "Don't get hit" isn't a valid defense to the damage/CC problem for reasons that should be obvious. With the way the situation is now, it's overly punishing for a single misstep. Yes, the player should be punished for making a mistake that the enemy capitalizes on, but that punishment shouldn't be a wholesale beating into a sticky paste. Comebacks should be possible, but Riot keeps implementing so many snowball systems that the instituted comeback mechanic is overtuned to compensate. When you're playing well, have a high bounty, and step one pixel too far into a secret 5-man gank, the enemy shouldn't be handed over half the gold they need to mount a real comeback. That's how the situation feels to some players and is another instance of overpunishing a player for a single mistake. It doesn't feel good. I'm a competitive player that typically thrives on decision making and picking up context clues to adapt on the fly, and even I think swings this heavy due to one mistake is unforgiving. Even *Dark Souls* doesn't punish you this badly for one error. He can like the game how it is all he wants. I've been here since Season 1. I'm having a hard time finding a moment in this game's life where things were worse and less fun overall, though.
: He meant professionals as in someone who's job it is. Professional doesn't just mean a pro player (like how a doctor might say "in my professional opinion")
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uLbJHIyp,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2018-11-25T01:09:10.813+0000) > > He meant professionals as in someone who's job it is. Professional doesn't just mean a pro player (like how a doctor might say "in my professional opinion") The lead designer in City of Heroes' initial year or two was a guy that had zero programming background, zero gaming background, and zero design background. He graduated with a degree in History, specifically greek/roman. He gathered people that knew how to do the things he wanted, and when he tried to change the game to be more like WoW he got voted off the ship. For the record, I absolutely loved City of Heroes and wished NCSoft never canceled it. Being a "professional" can often just be a meaningless title that says you make the rules. This doesn't even take into account that one doesn't need to be a professional chef to know if a dish is bad or if the milk is sour. Tasting it is enough to form an opinion, and while the chef himself may disagree about his dish on principle, that doesn't change the fact that people don't like it. Shows like Restaurant Impossible, Kitchen Nightmares, Bar Rescue, and a plethora of other "rescuer" shows illustrate just how often blind faith in someone claiming to be good at something can put your business in an inescapable pit. Improvements come from criticism, not praise. It just doesn't help that Riot ignored their own boards in favor of the Reddit Echo Chamber years ago, so the people left here are frustrated. Our criticism has turned to vitriol that Riot uses to justify their avoidance of the boards even though they left long before it got to that point.
: Sadly this is mostly true. I'm not sure about the "shitheads" part, but they have become VERY arrogant. They clear think they know better and are riding high on the one game they've made and the luck they fell into cause of the esports popularity of it years ago. I mean people should have realized they jumped the shark with their arrogant design when they put rando exploding jump plants in the jungle.
> [{quoted}](name=CallMeBoomer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXhmdE8k,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-24T18:37:02.882+0000) > > Sadly this is mostly true. I'm not sure about the "shitheads" part, but they have become VERY arrogant. They clear think they know better and are riding high on the one game they've made and the luck they fell into cause of the esports popularity of it years ago. I mean people should have realized they jumped the shark with their arrogant design when they put rando exploding jump plants in the jungle. This is because Riot design values additions that no one else has far above valuing what actually works. It's not hyperbole to point out that if another game has a solution, then Riot will do everything they can to avoid using that same solution. It's like they believe cherry-picking aspects from other successful games in order to use their systems in this game is going to kill what makes League League. Problem is, their solutions to these solved problems are half-baked, never iterated on much afterwards, and contribute to many more problems down the road. Riot just needs to stop using the "Fresh ideas are Best ideas" design philosophy, especially when they can't implement them effectively.
: > [{quoted}](name=ForeverLaxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K8ErEadf,comment-id=0001000100060001,timestamp=2018-11-10T01:53:02.571+0000) > > The reason Dota achieves this is because their base design is much healthier, as is their outlook towards player choice. League was designed differently intentionally so it could stand beside Dota and not get pushed out like HoN was, but because of that design and playstyle difference it limited how far League could or could not push a boundary before breaking it. Because of this fact, abuse cases and oppressive builds end up getting a champion gutted as Riot doesn't want "counterpicks" or "counterbuilds" to be a thing, something that works perfectly well in Dota. > > It also does League no favors that the dev team seems to believe the only good League game is a 5v5 slamfest down Mid and works to make other methods of play less effective or attractive, though that's neither here nor there. > > Point is, Riot made their game harder to balance by trying to be different. It's not too much to ask though that they get people who understand what levers to pull. Sources say: Incorrect! Dota would be just as much, if not more of, a mess than League if it had the same balance philosophy as league due to how many absurd mechanics and skills are in DOTA. Do you know the real reason why DOTA is as diverse in the pro scene as it is? Because of **PROS** Icefrog is extremely rare in balancing around PUB play, with the exceptions most often being when a hero is so busted that he completely ruins the game for any PUB players (Hi Spiritbreaker). Beyond that, Icefrog strictly and ONLY speaks to high MMR and pro level players. He never once considers checking on how someone in the 500 MMR gulag is doing. He strictly keeps to the highest level of play and, as such, DOTA has a diverse scene. The counterpoint is that heroes will have disgusting win rates in solo queue...but community mentality is different there. If you make a post on the DOTA reddit about how broken Riki is while citing his...I don't even remember. It was like 69-70% or something last I looked, percent winrate. Nobody will agree with you. Nobody will nod and say "damn u rite". They will _laugh_ at you for believing this. The community response to balance is different because they know and respect that Icefrog balances around only good players. They will enthusiastically tell you to get good or get out. The same cannot be said for League. Perhaps my least-favorite aspect about League is both the community's tendency to screech and cry the moment something doesn't cater to non-bronze ELO and Riot's willingness to capitulate to the whims of the masses for a quick buck. If you make a post citing pickrate/winrate, people will fawn over you like you're some mathematical genius for discovering the scummiest pick of the patch and how Riot should fix it. It's also because of this mentality that League will have more trouble as casuals leave, requiring sweeping balance adjustments. They will coddle you and tell you how it's big meanie RIot's fault that the silver climb is too tough with your on-hit AP Renekton. So no dude, it's not because "Dota has a different design philosophy" to any major degree. It's the focus on balancing around the absolute best and the design/creative space this affords that makes the game's pro-level balance.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K8ErEadf,comment-id=00010001000600010000,timestamp=2018-11-10T06:16:54.613+0000) > > Sources say: Incorrect! > > Dota would be just as much, if not more of, a mess than League if it had the same balance philosophy as league due to how many absurd mechanics and skills are in DOTA. Do you know the real reason why DOTA is as diverse in the pro scene as it is? > > Because > of > **PROS** > > Icefrog is extremely rare in balancing around PUB play, with the exceptions most often being when a hero is so busted that he completely ruins the game for any PUB players (Hi Spiritbreaker). Beyond that, Icefrog strictly and ONLY speaks to high MMR and pro level players. He never once considers checking on how someone in the 500 MMR gulag is doing. He strictly keeps to the highest level of play and, as such, DOTA has a diverse scene. The counterpoint is that heroes will have disgusting win rates in solo queue...but community mentality is different there. > > If you make a post on the DOTA reddit about how broken Riki is while citing his...I don't even remember. It was like 69-70% or something last I looked, percent winrate. Nobody will agree with you. Nobody will nod and say "damn u rite". They will _laugh_ at you for believing this. The community response to balance is different because they know and respect that Icefrog balances around only good players. They will enthusiastically tell you to get good or get out. > > The same cannot be said for League. Perhaps my least-favorite aspect about League is both the community's tendency to screech and cry the moment something doesn't cater to non-bronze ELO and Riot's willingness to capitulate to the whims of the masses for a quick buck. If you make a post citing pickrate/winrate, people will fawn over you like you're some mathematical genius for discovering the scummiest pick of the patch and how Riot should fix it. It's also because of this mentality that League will have more trouble as casuals leave, requiring sweeping balance adjustments. They will coddle you and tell you how it's big meanie RIot's fault that the silver climb is too tough with your on-hit AP Renekton. > > So no dude, it's not because "Dota has a different design philosophy" to any major degree. It's the focus on balancing around the absolute best and the design/creative space this affords that makes the game's pro-level balance. Sources say: You can't read. The games were designed differently, and as such, have different hurdles and requirements when it comes to fine-tuning and balance. League's endeavors caused it to be harder to balance by design because they restrict themselves so heavily on what they find is acceptable or "fun." I never once stated that League should adopt Dota's balancing style nor should Dota take League's approach. I merely stated that Dota achieves the balance it has because its underlying design and balance goals are easier to account for and tweak while League's are more difficult on a base level. I also said it shouldn't be too much to ask for there to be people on Riot's team that actually understand this facet and can tune appropriately, but they seem more interested in trying to reinvent the wheel every season instead of fixing the flats. So if you want to repeat what I said while pretending it's a counterpoint or some kind of correction, go right ahead.
: > [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K8ErEadf,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-08T18:37:28.584+0000) > > All the fucking time? I stand by this thread. You guys don't want strategic diversity. You just like the idea of it. The one that irks me is the DOTA comparison. "WELL WELL WELL RIOT. DOTA just had their international and lookie there! 99% of characters picked eh? Shame you can't balance **THAT** well, right? Talk about a dumpster fire of a company." "BTW Garen has a 55% win rate this shit is UNACCEPTABLE I demand Garen get sweeping nerfs across the board." Demanding dota level balance without dota level concessions. Yikers.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K8ErEadf,comment-id=000100010006,timestamp=2018-11-09T03:02:47.330+0000) > > The one that irks me is the DOTA comparison. > > "WELL WELL WELL RIOT. DOTA just had their international and lookie there! 99% of characters picked eh? Shame you can't balance **THAT** well, right? Talk about a dumpster fire of a company." > > "BTW Garen has a 55% win rate this shit is UNACCEPTABLE I demand Garen get sweeping nerfs across the board." > > Demanding dota level balance without dota level concessions. Yikers. The reason Dota achieves this is because their base design is much healthier, as is their outlook towards player choice. League was designed differently intentionally so it could stand beside Dota and not get pushed out like HoN was, but because of that design and playstyle difference it limited how far League could or could not push a boundary before breaking it. Because of this fact, abuse cases and oppressive builds end up getting a champion gutted as Riot doesn't want "counterpicks" or "counterbuilds" to be a thing, something that works perfectly well in Dota. It also does League no favors that the dev team seems to believe the only good League game is a 5v5 slamfest down Mid and works to make other methods of play less effective or attractive, though that's neither here nor there. Point is, Riot made their game harder to balance by trying to be different. It's not too much to ask though that they get people who understand what levers to pull.
Mortdog (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYWd1mno,comment-id=00040004,timestamp=2018-11-04T21:56:24.649+0000) > > Maybe we could get some context on this, is there a reason other than possibly to keep players from gaining too much exp from a game? Sure. When developing the new leveling system last year, we were left with a tough decision. For 99.9% of players, it was impossible to level more than once in a game (even in a 60+ minute game running BOTH boosts and with bonus mission XP). But in the absolute WORST case (Level 1, same conditions) it was actually possible to level up 7 times (Level 1 to 8). The amount of development time to get the end of game ceremony to support 7 levels ups wasn't worth just how not-very-often it happens. So in the case where you would level up twice, we lower you to 1 XP short of the next level. It's a not ideal trade off, but part of game development is making hard decisions like this. For how unlikely this is to happen looking at the numbers, I think we made the right call and I'd make it again. It impacts low level smurfs, and the impact is quite minor (a game worth of XP at most).
> [{quoted}](name=Mortdog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYWd1mno,comment-id=000400040000,timestamp=2018-11-04T22:07:10.436+0000) > > Sure. > > When developing the new leveling system last year, we were left with a tough decision. For 99.9% of players, it was impossible to level more than once in a game (even in a 60+ minute game running BOTH boosts and with bonus mission XP). But in the absolute WORST case (Level 1, same conditions) it was actually possible to level up 7 times (Level 1 to 8). The amount of development time to get the end of game ceremony to support 7 levels ups wasn't worth just how not-very-often it happens. So in the case where you would level up twice, we lower you to 1 XP short of the next level. > > It's a not ideal trade off, but part of game development is making hard decisions like this. For how unlikely this is to happen looking at the numbers, I think we made the right call and I'd make it again. It impacts low level smurfs, and the impact is quite minor (a game worth of XP at most). This exemplifies where League has been heading for the last few years pretty well. You recognize a problem, but rather than put in the time and effort to correct that problem or apply an appropriate method to handle it, you instead opt for the easier and short-sighted response of just cutting it off at the knees. Then, you tell anyone that has an issue with it that it was a "hard decision, but deal with it." This isn't an unintended casualty due to an unforeseen issue with how the system was set up. This was a deliberate choice to frustrate the customer experience, break expectations, and lower the value of purchased services for the sake of making things easier for the design/coding teams. Of course, then you contradict this mentality with your precious Mission and Mastery systems giving me 10 popup notifications after every game that I have to individually address before I can queue again. So it seems you're only willing to put in the effort for the systems you care about. Another poster suggested a simple "experience bank" that would keep track of overflow experience, but I would have gone a step further. Since you were already reworking the system and discovered this issue, you could have set things up in such a way that the game keeps track of an account's level while the player themselves could "redeem" their experience in their own time to claim level-up rewards. This lets players decide when they want to deal with the system while still allowing the account to reflect its level virtually, ensuring they're matched in-game appropriately. But I guess that's asking too much, isn't it.
: So you want a game state where something gets strong, then is destroyed and useless for a while, before inevitably buffed back up, leading the cycle to repeat again and again? That’s not how you make a balanced game.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ozMjftx2,comment-id=0000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-31T04:58:43.038+0000) > > So you want a game state where something gets strong, then is destroyed and useless for a while, before inevitably buffed back up, leading the cycle to repeat again and again? > > That’s not how you make a balanced game. But that's how Riot makes a "balanced game." How long have you been here?
: I feel like Boards is very supportive of "new playstyles"....until one actually appears.
I'm sure this point has been made before, but I'm not reading 200+ comments to find it. Unfortunately, this is the mentality that Riot themselves cultivated. By systematically nerfing champions out of their "intended" position and forcing lane spots and build patterns down the players' throats, they've been conditioned by Riot to expect "outliers" to be handled directly by the balance team. Riot never wanted players to find their own solutions to a meta. They've been forcing meta changes and getting rid of variance in the pursuit of balance so long that the players just expect and demand it at this point. So, to answer your question: Yes, the playerbase now believes as Riot does -- if it's not the original intention, then it's broken. Whether it works or not was never of any concern.
: > [{quoted}](name=ForeverLaxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I5jWYB9e,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-09-12T22:52:09.462+0000) > At this point, it's either get used to 25 minute games or find something else to play. Fortunately for me, I have more than just League to play. Unfortunately for me I'm on another break from Skyrim, the only other video game that holds my attention for months.
> [{quoted}](name=SangreDeNoche,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I5jWYB9e,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2018-09-12T23:35:07.380+0000) > > Unfortunately for me I'm on another break from Skyrim, the only other video game that holds my attention for months. I find I have the opposite problem. Too many games to play so I default to old favorites. Ah, well.
: Dear Riot, I am a vet player and I find LoL very difficult to play due to dying too quickly
I've been playing since Season 1, so I know where you're coming from. ARAM is what I've been sticking to since it was released for multiple reasons, and while I don't really feel like I can't "keep up," there has been a clear problem with the direction the game has been going for the last few years. In an effort to pick up new players, they've been trying to cater to their more short-lived attention spans and fickle nature by drastically reducing game length and making the game flashier to watch. So we end up with too much damage, too much mobility, towers that are too weak because they directly impede progress to victory, and shorter games. I want my 45 minute games back. The helm has been passed around so many times that I don't think it's going to happen. At this point, it's either get used to 25 minute games or find something else to play. Fortunately for me, I have more than just League to play.
Salron (NA)
: Not for mages, they can build the new one and barely miss out of damage or CDR Hell when it was first reworked you even saw it as a first item rush against stuff like LB
> [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vQOg677n,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T04:51:59.842+0000) > > Not for mages, they can build the new one and barely miss out of damage or CDR > Hell when it was first reworked you even saw it as a first item rush against stuff like LB I don't think you get the point of the post when I state Old Banshees is a better defensive item than New Banshees. Health, MR, and a Spellshield provide more defensive stats than just MR and a Spellshield. I don't care that Banshees was forced offensive stats in an attempt to fill the void that Abyssal Sceptre left behind when that was reworked to Abyssal not-Sceptre. Only reason you rushed it against LB was because spellshields hurt her in particular since her burst is gated by spell comboing, and completely blocking one spell of that combo handicaps her greatly. Unless your point is that "the best defense is better offense," that is. Then yes, New Banshess (because it has more offensive stats attached for no reason) is a better "defensive" item than Old Banshees. Even though it isn't.
: ARAM Drama. Can we Please Stop Suggesting "Tear" to mages?
Salron (NA)
: If GA gets reverted then banshees would also need to be reverted
> [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vQOg677n,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-08T04:27:26.556+0000) > > If GA gets reverted then banshees would also need to be reverted I don't think anyone would mind, considering old Banshees is a far better defensive item than the new one.
: Even as someone who plays mostly AD champions I feel like I don't _need_ the AD from GA. It's felt a lot less good to buy ever since the recipe got changed from {{item:1057}} + {{item:1031}} + money to {{item:1038}} + {{item:1029}} + money, especially when I'm an ADC who's dying to mages but doesn't _necessarily_ want to buy or rely on a {{item:3156}}. That's just me, though. If I had my way, {{item:3102}} would be an item with purely defensive stats that anyone could build and have a {{item:1057}} component, and {{item:3001}} would still be a mage item.
> [{quoted}](name=Pokemonred200,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vQOg677n,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T17:52:52.455+0000) > > Even as someone who plays mostly AD champions > I feel like I don't _need_ the AD from GA. > > It's felt a lot less good to buy ever since the recipe got changed from {{item:1057}} + {{item:1031}} + money to {{item:1038}} + {{item:1029}} + money, especially when I'm an ADC who's dying to mages but doesn't _necessarily_ want to buy or rely on a {{item:3156}}. > > That's just me, though. If I had my way, {{item:3102}} would be an item with purely defensive stats that anyone could build and have a {{item:1057}} component, and {{item:3001}} would still be a mage item. You can thank Riot's current item policy of "if it's pure defensively stated, then it's only for tanks (and maybe bruisers)." They believe players shouldn't be "forced" to build defensive items if it makes their damage suffer, so we get unnecessary item reworks as a result.
Rαy (EUW)
: Daniel Z. Klein not working for Riot Games anymore
What I find hilarious about moments like these is the knowledge that if the panel was advertised as "men only" or "whites only" it wouldn't have lasted 20 seconds.
nelogis (EUW)
: I would say working exlusively JUST on resistances isn't a good idea. Looking at resistances also needs to be coupled with damage output. Looking at it in a vacuum wont give good results. And that is basically what they are going to do in pre-season 9 At least that's what they told us. Personally I think their minds are too crowded with "innovative design and fresh ideas" They'll probably come up with something called "reactive resistances" which is basically the counterpart to adaptive damage, then tell us that MR/Armor is going to be removed because it was too "binary" of a mechanic and instead we have now "reactive resistances" Coupled with that comes a half assed tank item rework and another rune overhaul and after trying to fix that mess for 8 months they will make an announcement about how too much change distracts from the fun and create a list on what they learned and tell us pre-season 10 will be devoted to fix resistances. Then pre-season 10 hits and instead of returning Armor/MR and fixing stuff they introduce new resistance types Metal alloys Reactive surface plating Theomactive surface plating One of which blocks true damage and the resistance formula gets reworked to "% Reduction = Resistance x Res multiplier + 76.875 / Res anti multiplier x 2 + 50" For some reason and yes you heard it right we now have anti resistance multipliers to counter the stacking of Thermoactve surface plating and lethality gets another rework so that blablablablabla I could expect it from them at this point which is sad
> [{quoted}](name=nelogis,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=00xirEwa,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-28T08:14:37.542+0000) > > I would say working exlusively JUST on resistances isn't a good idea. > > Looking at resistances also needs to be coupled with damage output. > Looking at it in a vacuum wont give good results. > > And that is basically what they are going to do in pre-season 9 > At least that's what they told us. > > Personally I think their minds are too crowded with "innovative design and fresh ideas" > They'll probably come up with something called "reactive resistances" which is basically the counterpart to adaptive damage, then tell us that MR/Armor is going to be removed because it was too "binary" of a mechanic and instead we have now "reactive resistances" > > Coupled with that comes a half assed tank item rework and another rune overhaul and after trying to fix that mess for 8 months they will make an announcement about how too much change distracts from the fun and create a list on what they learned and tell us pre-season 10 will be devoted to fix resistances. > > Then pre-season 10 hits and instead of returning Armor/MR and fixing stuff they introduce new resistance types > > Metal alloys > Reactive surface plating > Theomactive surface plating > > One of which blocks true damage and the resistance formula gets reworked to "% Reduction = Resistance x Res multiplier + 76.875 / Res anti multiplier x 2 + 50" > For some reason and yes you heard it right we now have anti resistance multipliers to counter the stacking of Thermoactve surface plating and lethality gets another rework so that blablablablabla > > I could expect it from them at this point which is sad Considering I've been here since Season 1, and this is pretty much how the cycle goes, I'm going with this one.
: Yay. Gutting yorick because bronze players can't play the game. Nice. "Dominant top lane pick" Mmmm that might have more to do with the fact his best MUs are currently meta. But what do I know.
Reminds me when they nerfed Rammus because he was getting picked during the period of "4 ranged carry + support." A situation exists specifically catered for him to counter, so he gets nerfed. Riot never lets a meta evolve based on player picks and strategies. They always have to swoop in and "save" people from themselves. Yay.
: PETITION: Bring back Morello, someone who ACTUALLY knew what he was doing
I can't stand behind anyone that intentionally leaves champions unplayable and unpopular for years so he can use their low-play data to justify a rework. This is something he did multiple times, usually when he personally didn't like the design of something. He also had a history regarding healers and tended to absolutely hate champions that had healing (either through self or others) as their primary means of gameplay. Most notably, this included Soraka and Vladimir. Considering I mained Vlad since his release date and had to watch him fall apart after every patch until they finally killed the actual busted mechanic of Revolver stacking (just to see Vlad wallow with all the nerfs still intact despite the true culprit getting caught), I can't support a Morello return. League's problem is that every time it's changed Lead Design hands, something decent was lost in the transition and something negative was gained. They all have the same general idea of League's core design philosophy, but they all interpret it their own way with their own little spin. Sort of like how Phyrexia became what they are once they infected Mirrodin. Sure, they're still Phyrexia, but it's a tainted interpretation of Yawgmoth's original design and philosophy.
GreyfellD (EUW)
: Zoe - is NOT the benchmark for what a mage should be...
If it makes you feel better, Annie was the original "benchmark mage" before they decided to give her some unnecessary buffs to justify nerfs in other areas. I don't think Riot really knows what a "benchmark" representative of an entire class is anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=YuGiHo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0a6wGgf5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-28T02:38:34.374+0000) > > well they should test that shit on the pbe not on live servers And the default should _always_ be more info, not less.
> [{quoted}](name=Wanfear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0a6wGgf5,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-28T02:40:01.020+0000) > > And the default should _always_ be more info, not less. Riot tends to err on the side of player idiocy and unwillingness to want to know things they consider "pesky details."
: Playmaker Lee Sin and Sweeper Rammus
Guess Riot doesn't know what a Sweeper is.
: An execute indicator is 100% unnecessary in the first place, and I say that as someone who plays Cho quite often.
> [{quoted}](name=The Big Piece,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wa8yERJR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-12T05:00:32.670+0000) > > An execute indicator is 100% unnecessary in the first place, and I say that as someone who plays Cho quite often. You're going to get downvoted because todays gamers need a busy lit-up screen cluttered with "information." The rest of us just recognize it as useless noise.
: so you're saying he can't duel? the fuck? his entire VO is about fucking dueling and killing and murdering and shit. that's literally all he ever says. what a flop.
> [{quoted}](name=0MGW4LRU5,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q3WedvcK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-13T00:42:23.149+0000) > > so you're saying he can't duel? > the fuck? > his entire VO is about fucking dueling and killing and murdering and shit. that's literally all he ever says. > what a flop. Not to mention they just made him a generic, edgy kid obsessed with war, killing, and being a "demon" when he was originally a more poetic incarnation of war. A duelist who can't duel is just icing.
Áery (NA)
: Now instead of 5 manning bottom
What I foresee happening is that the top Scuttle is going to be fought over by both Junglers and their top-lane ally (maybe) while the bottom is going to be "graciously donated to (read: demanded by)" the bot-lane carry. It's anyone guess how teams will deal with the respawns.
Jynsin (NA)
: Putting an end to the critical strike RNG era of League is a great step in the right direction. Fighting someone with 10-70% crit chance is just a gambling play and has no place in such a fine tuned and mechanical game like League. I'm really glad Riot is addressing this.
"fine tuned" It's not really fine tuned when Riot keeps throwing away the old tuning machine, installing a new one, pushing some buttons it, then throwing it out at the next earliest convenience to do the cycle again.
: are we seriously going back to the days where we go around and say "omg y u change this unhealthy thing when there is another unhealthy thing!" and act like it's valid criticism? Didn't we already debunk the belief that a champion being unhealthy means they should hold off from literally every other change?
> [{quoted}](name=TeCoolMage,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JrtRw9nt,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-04-29T06:11:15.277+0000) > > are we seriously going back to the days where we go around and say "omg y u change this unhealthy thing when there is another unhealthy thing!" and act like it's valid criticism? Didn't we already debunk the belief that a champion being unhealthy means they should hold off from literally every other change? I believe the problem is that the bot-lane issues have been identified by Riot well in advance of these changes that have nothing to do with them, choosing instead to nerf one of the few things Mages were expressly designed to be good at doing. The Jungle changes are just going to randomly decide who "wins" the jungle based on RNG (either that or encourage junglers to avoid the risk entirely and never leave their own jungle). The fact that Riot says "changes are coming" is no real consolation considering Riot's history with claims such as these. Besides, when you acknowledge something is a problem but still find time to put other changes before that problem, thereby allowing said problem to fester for longer in a sea of weaker opposition... well, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. Not that Riot has much confidence left to instill in its players, but whatever.
: So if i’m Understanding op correctly. They would enjoy being in a position where if THEY fell behind there was basically no way to catch up short of the enemy throwing the game
> [{quoted}](name=only zhule,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3U7ErAo4,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-04-28T20:31:25.075+0000) > > So if i’m Understanding op correctly. They would enjoy being in a position where if THEY fell behind there was basically no way to catch up short of the enemy throwing the game Why is that a problem? Is it so wrong to want to be punished for playing poorly, or on the flip side, rewarded for playing correctly? Do people not want to improve? There's too much focus in this game on protecting players from themselves. A bunch of "feel good" changes that do nothing but harm the health of the game. Kits that look flashy and are relatively interesting to use at first, but quickly boil down to formulaic "paint by numbers" rotations that are easy to execute and frustrating to be on the receiving end of. All this for the sake of making one person feel good and to have an audience OOoooh and AHhhhh over. If you fall behind, the goal is to drag the game out longer to reduce your opponent's lead, but unfortunately Riot has made that tactic impossible against all but the most inept of teams. This is the entire reason a "catch up mechanic" exists, and I completely loathe it and everything related to it.
: Currently hardstuck in silver after a year in platinum and i wanna ask yall silvers: whats in your head? Why are you still playing? Why are you still breathing?
> [{quoted}](name=Zandarmerijja,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VfTrGXYz,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-29T13:04:03.951+0000) > > Currently hardstuck in silver after a year in platinum and i wanna ask yall silvers: whats in your head? Why are you still playing? Why are you still breathing? As someone who quit ranked around Season 3 because I was placed in Silver after having won 6 placement matches in a row (to then lose the next 10 matches in a row to people picking TP, buying boots, and running down mid the entire match), it's not always our fault. Some of us trust our team to know what they're doing, so we get put in Silver because we remember too late that these people don't know what they're doing. Some of us just get dealt a lot of bad teammates in a row that intentionally feed or otherwise sabotage the game they're in because it's "fun for them" and how dare us to question what they find entertaining. Some of us get stuck playing roles we don't like/can't carry easily from because everyone is fighting over Mid and Bot and there's no adult in the room to tell them to stop putting 4 people in bot lane because they all wanted to be Vayne. Like I said, I never touched Ranked after Season 3. Hell, it might have been Season 2 when I quit Ranked. The base Summoner's Rift was abandoned shortly after once ARAM was introduced and I play it exclusively once every few days. So I guess the final answer to your question is: Some of us just don't care anymore.
Ayzev (EUNE)
: The meme is likely going to be dead pretty soon though, it won't last for nearly as long as the quote would. It's just in the nature of memes to no longer be funny after it's been heard/seen enough times.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7HvlEEHL,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-04-28T02:45:30.539+0000) > > The meme is likely going to be dead pretty soon though, it won't last for nearly as long as the quote would. It's just in the nature of memes to no longer be funny after it's been heard/seen enough times. That's more the nature of things forced into being "memes" by a bunch of kids desperate to feel like they belonged to something.
: > [{quoted}](name=ForeverLaxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T09:39:46.832+0000) > When you spend your whole post trying to chop up another's without any of the context involved in an attempt to provide "counterpoints," you just end up looking silly and using words that don't exist. Uhhh, no. Now, lemme explain what really happened, You tried to shotgun me in order to prevent me from addressing all your individual points, in a shallow attempt at overwhelming me instead of engaging in genuine discussion. I simply addressed your individual points 1 at a time. No context was lost or "removed" in doing so. You claiming so is just a straight up lie at that point. Now, if you have an actual response, i would suggest making one, and it being towards my points as opposed to my spelling of all things. What is this, 2007?
> [{quoted}](name=ChaddyFantome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T23:21:31.304+0000) > > Uhhh, no. > Now, lemme explain what really happened, > > You tried to shotgun me in order to prevent me from addressing all your individual points, in a shallow attempt at overwhelming me instead of engaging in genuine discussion. > I simply addressed your individual points 1 at a time. > > No context was lost or "removed" in doing so. You claiming so is just a straight up lie at that point. > > Now, if you have an actual response, i would suggest making one, and it being towards my points as opposed to my spelling of all things. > > What is this, 2007? To use your own words: "Uhh, no." There was no "shotgunning" involved. My entire post was a seamless flow of one point to the next, where everything related to the underlying point that AD are offered stronger defenses against damage (and in most cases, magic damage in particular) that are relevant during the phase of the game they're purchased and provide higher levels of offensive stats for arbitrary reasons, especially when compared to their mage lane opponent. You can't tell me with a straight face that Armguard is on the same level of power as Hexdrinker, and if you try I'm just going to laugh. So, let me explain "what really happened" regarding your post. What you did was cut up sentences, removed the context in an attempt to isolate something, then try to refute it. It was done rather poorly, and anyone who reads my post in its entirety will be able to grasp that. Now, if you have any actual points to discuss, I suggest you get to them instead of trying to divert attention away from your piecemeal and selective "counterpoint" strategy.
: > [{quoted}](name=ForeverLaxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c00000000,timestamp=2018-04-21T12:42:58.089+0000) > > The problem is "that shield" requires no input from the user to activate (ie, it activates itself when you're "in danger"), Neither does a {{item:1028}} What's your Point? The shield is effectively just extra HP that you don't immediately see. Your issue seems more on how you find it "annoying" as opposed to ti actually being overpowered. > costs much less, Less powerful items tend to cost less, yes. >is relevant during the phase of the game it's purchased, And stopwatch/Zhonyas isn't? >can be upgraded later, And Stopwatch/seeker's can't? >completely removes the ability to die to magic burst during the phase of the game it's purchased, Not for people that just act like their target has 100 more HP than they appear to, it doesn't. >and doesn't force the user into an immobile state while the shield is active. It also doesn't make the user literally invulnerable for 2.5 seconds. I've busted through Hexdrinkers with Syndra, Malzahar and Veigar plenty of times during laning phase. It really isn't that hard. it just takes a monocrum of forethought.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaddyFantome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T03:21:45.884+0000) > > monocrum of forethought. Modicum. When you spend your whole post trying to chop up another's without any of the context involved in an attempt to provide "counterpoints," you just end up looking silly and using words that don't exist.
: > [{quoted}](name=50CaliberHecate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2018-04-19T23:56:54.312+0000) > > The one fucking item I find completely bullshit in this game is Hexdrinker. Like wow, ok... plz make it so mages legit are negated any and ALL damage... but be forced to build zhonyas ASAP. tired of people pretending a shield is the equivalent of blocking all damage like Zhonyas. Please stop.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaddyFantome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=002c0000,timestamp=2018-04-21T02:01:17.680+0000) > > tired of people pretending a shield is the equivalent of blocking all damage like Zhonyas. > Please stop. The problem is "that shield" requires no input from the user to activate (ie, it activates itself when you're "in danger"), costs much less, is relevant during the phase of the game it's purchased, can be upgraded later, completely removes the ability to die to magic burst during the phase of the game it's purchased, and doesn't force the user into an immobile state while the shield is active. Only recently did mages get something similar in power for a cheaper cost, and wouldn't you know it that that item also goes into things other classes want to build. Before the Stopwatch, which only works a single time and has all the negative aspects of Zhonya's by the way, all mages had to "compete" with Hexdrinker was Armguard. And that's laughable. Why do AD get Hexdrinker/Maw, Merc Scimitar, Death's Dance, Phantom Dancer, Edge of Night, and Bloodthirster (with a charged blood shield) to keep them alive against magic damage when all a Mage gets is Zhonya's for physical defense? Of those items listed, only EoN is something I don't see often. To make matters worse, three of those items provide lifesteal continuously (one of which also provides physical spell vamp), one of those items has conditional life recovery, and all of them are hybrid damage/defense items with too much damage for the defense they provide. Is there a reason so much damage is tacked on to items that would normally be considered a defensive buy? Is the reason Mages only get Zhonya's because they're expected to also buy items like RoA, Rylais, or any number of HP + AP items? Because I'll tell you that raw HP isn't that useful and most of that item style sacrifices meaningful damage in order to provide that health total. Are we expected to purchase traditionally tank items (like Randuins or Sunfire) to combat the physical menace? If so, why are Mages required to give up damage in order to survive AD but AD aren't required to make the same tradeoff against magic? EDIT: Removed GA because I forgot it no longer provides MR, though it still fits the mold that AD don't need to give up damage to gain survivability.
: Hey, if league players were interested in managing mana, open metas that aren't enforced, and actual teamplay being required... they'd be playing Dota. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=MetalGearTeemo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aglk4GVE,comment-id=001b0000,timestamp=2018-04-20T20:16:57.735+0000) > > Hey, if league players were interested in managing mana, open metas that aren't enforced, and actual teamplay being required... > > they'd be playing Dota. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} It took 7 pages for someone to finally say it, and I'm glad it wasn't me this time.
: > Didn't want you to see If I was worried about people seeing them, I wouldn't have directly engaged players to talk about some stuff. There's some stuff coming to the PBE today most likely, and I'll be putting up a post soon with what's going on. It's been nice to get some early feedback from strict Ryze players before going broader first, mostly to talk through some options.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iBepJ3XW,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-04-17T18:38:15.925+0000) > > If I was worried about people seeing them, I wouldn't have directly engaged players to talk about some stuff. There's some stuff coming to the PBE today most likely, and I'll be putting up a post soon with what's going on. It's been nice to get some early feedback from strict Ryze players before going broader first, mostly to talk through some options. What's the use of feedback that you don't listen to, though? When you've chosen a direction, you stubbornly stick to it while convincing yourselves you'll just need numbers tuning to fix issues. And that's why Ryze is on rework number 308.
SirPurrr (NA)
: I remember when people used to say "we can win, just need one good teamfight" like 2 years ago. I rarely hear that anymore. People give up way too easily.
> [{quoted}](name=SirPurrr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N96dTZdN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-03T06:19:15.933+0000) > > I remember when people used to say "we can win, just need one good teamfight" like 2 years ago. I rarely hear that anymore. People give up way too easily. People give up because they find it's easier to lose quickly and start another game than try to pull a win out of their current game. It's not a very fun or competitive mindset, in my opinion, but it's pretty common in many multiplayer games.
: Is LoL still a strategy game?
Considering Riot practically forces specific builds to be successful, tells you what lane you're allowed to be in, and attempts to prevent true counterpick/counterbuilds... it hasn't been a "strategy" game for quite awhile.
Anatera (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ForeverLaxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ZqZ5Lxm,comment-id=00330000,timestamp=2018-02-13T10:51:21.514+0000) > > Even when they attempt a "we were wrong" post, it's always done in a back-handed sort of way. For instance, they love to say "we know the change is correct, but the numbers are just a tiny bit off" when it's clear the primary change is the problem. I've noticed this a lot when game developers talk behind their PR guys. A similar thing happened with Mass Effect 3. I don't remember word for word, but it was basically "we know you're pissed, but we won't change it how you want because we're artists" or some garbage like that. In fact, isn't that basically what happened with EA's response to the Battlefront 2 lootbox crap? Something like "We're going to take it away, but then we're going to reintroduce it later even though so many people have said they don't want it." Looks like Riot's decided to take a page out of EA's book.
Fun thing about that is EA only took them away at all because their Disney Overlords demanded they do so.
Show more

ForeverLaxx

Level 75 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion