: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T03:15:23.997+0000) > > I'm sure that's the case but nobody's ever put forward any sound argument for why someone should be suspended/banned for chat-related incidents in all my years of playing the game and debating people on the forums. > > Not because I'm unwilling to see logic or submit to superior arguments but because they have none which leads me to believe I'm right and until proven otherwise, that'll remain to be the case. > > We have chat-restrictions for chat-related incidents. Escalating the punishment isn't justifiable by any means no matter what's being said for any reason. > > Suspensions/bans should be reserved for people who are cheating, intentionally griefing, elo boosting, RMT, etc... > > > Free speech is superior to censorship and even in the case of censorship there's never a need to take away that person's account. Then I'll go through some history as to why bans happen for chat related offenses. If a player did not reform when given a 25-35 game chat restriction, they were not going to reform to any larger counts of restricted games. This was proven when players bragged about having THOUSANDS of chat restricted games on the forums. Additionally, most players ignored the lack of chat function and found other ways to be toxic, such as intentional feeding or otherwise disruptive gameplay. So, Riot decided it was better to simply escalate it to a 2 week ban with a warning that any offense, no matter how light, would result in a permanent ban. In two tests prior to today, where they attempted to see if permanently banned players would reform if given the chance, it had proven ineffective as those players had often returned to their toxic mannerisms. Final results: Consistent chat specific punishments were not enough for certain players who earned their way to 14-day and permanent ban punishments with purely chat related offenses. The only way to skip the chat restrictions was zero tolerance offenses which includes hate speech, physical threats and cheating. Oh, and on top of this, Free Speech does not extend to corporations or private property. Private Property includes game sessions of League of Legends and the related services. Riot, as a corporation, set the rules of negative behavior in place for you to follow. In the Terms of Service/Terms of Use/End User License Agreement (name varies by company, they're all the same document saying "this is how you can use our software") you are told what behavior can result in punishment. League does this with the Terms of Use and The Summoner's Code, the latter providing guidelines on how you should behave. They are not specific because it's harder to evade the spirit of the rules at that point.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T03:31:09.594+0000) > > Then I'll go through some history as to why bans happen for chat related offenses. > > If a player did not reform when given a 25-35 game chat restriction, they were not going to reform to any larger counts of restricted games. This was proven when players bragged about having THOUSANDS of chat restricted games on the forums. Additionally, most players ignored the lack of chat function and found other ways to be toxic, such as intentional feeding or otherwise disruptive gameplay. > > So, Riot decided it was better to simply escalate it to a 2 week ban with a warning that any offense, no matter how light, would result in a permanent ban. > > In two tests prior to today, where they attempted to see if permanently banned players would reform if given the chance, it had proven ineffective as those players had often returned to their toxic mannerisms. > > Final results: Consistent chat specific punishments were not enough for certain players who earned their way to 14-day and permanent ban punishments with purely chat related offenses. The only way to skip the chat restrictions was zero tolerance offenses which includes hate speech, physical threats and cheating. > > Oh, and on top of this, Free Speech does not extend to corporations or private property. Private Property includes game sessions of League of Legends and the related services. Riot, as a corporation, set the rules of negative behavior in place for you to follow. In the Terms of Service/Terms of Use/End User License Agreement (name varies by company, they're all the same document saying "this is how you can use our software") you are told what behavior can result in punishment. League does this with the Terms of Use and The Summoner's Code, the latter providing guidelines on how you should behave. They are not specific because it's harder to evade the spirit of the rules at that point. The fact that you're willing to trust companies who attend meetings to deliberate on how best to take advantage of people with predatory gambling mechanics on a subject of morality is mind-bogglingly asinine. Chat-restrictions and mutes are always enough. Chat is not necessary. This is entirely the point. If someone cannot stop being toxic in chat, you take away his ability to chat. That's an adequate form of punishment. You don't take away all the money and time he sunk into his account. I like that you ended your post by dumbing down the rest of what you had to say by ignoring the fact that you're responding to a post where I specify that we're talking about morals and principles, by talking about how the legality of it works instead.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:56:10.174+0000) > > It makes a completely different mistake, which I pointed out. > > The correlation between self-defense and the situation is that both 'attacks' are directed at the individual and in both cases there's an instigator and a defender. Self defense is the idea that you physically defend yourself by preventing further assault. Which as stated (and ignored by you) does not apply to someone insulting another person back. If you try to claim a different definition then you're talking about something that doesn't involve jail time for either party in the first place, making the analogy completely worthless. Guess that's it. The thread is pretty much over and stands as further testament to the fact that "Change my mind" posts are never made with any intention of having their opinion changed. Ad hominem and Goal post shifting will continue endlessly.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T03:04:33.816+0000) > > Self defense is the idea that you physically defend yourself by preventing further assault. Which as stated (and ignored by you) does not apply to someone insulting another person back. If you try to claim a different definition then you're talking about something that doesn't involve jail time for either party in the first place, making the analogy completely worthless. > > Guess that's it. The thread is pretty much over and stands as further testament to the fact that "Change my mind" posts are never made with any intention of having their opinion changed. Ad hominem and Goal post shifting will continue endlessly. Yes, we've established this is a problem with the analogy and I've clarified why my analogy is **better** than your analogy. Nobody moved any goalposts, maybe you should stop pretending you're on a panel on MSNBC.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:28:52.292+0000) > > How's that a better analogy? Because it doesn't make the mistake of incorrectly applying self-defense. > Neither person destroyed anyone's property. Oh. So no more analogies? Okay. No one punched anyone and no one was sent to jail > Riot's responsible for that part. Which is why they ban people. They're responsible for punishing people who break the rules. Case closed.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:37:33.427+0000) > > Because it doesn't make the mistake of incorrectly applying self-defense. > > Oh. So no more analogies? Okay. > > No one punched anyone and no one was sent to jail > > Which is why they ban people. They're responsible for punishing people who break the rules. Case closed. It makes a completely different mistake, which I pointed out. The correlation between self-defense and the situation is that both 'attacks' are directed at the individual and in both cases there's an instigator and a defender. I'm aware of what they're responsible for, hence the point of griping about how stupid the rule is. You're aware that League didn't suspend/ban people based on chat-related incidents when it started, right? You lose in this argument as well as I could just as easily default to your position towards people who complained to get the system implemented in the first place instead of muting people. "Case closed." I better not find you advocating for any changes to anything in or outside of the game in any of your posts henceforth otherwise you're being a hypocrite.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:32:41.576+0000) > > If I had a kid that was in school and was getting his ass beat and he defended himself and the school punished him for it, I'd punish the person running the school. > > In neither situation is it fair to punish someone who's defending themselves. > > Thanks for pointing out another wrong in our social environments. Good luck getting the rules changed on your own.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:44:23.097+0000) > > Good luck getting the rules changed on your own. Well, I think we can all agree there're infinitely more stupid people on the planet than there are smart ones.
: "Self-defence" as in muting him, of which you didn't do. Suspension deserved.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:31:32.363+0000) > > "Self-defence" as in muting him, of which you didn't do. Suspension deserved. Guess we don't need to suspend or ban them either. Suspending/banning people for saying things to you in-game is no different, morally, than calling them assholes in-game for starting shit with you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:50:13.169+0000) > > If a person punches you in the face, I'm legally allowed to punch them in the face. That's self-defense. You're missing the comparison by virtue of environment. In school, if both kids throw a punch, both are punished (usually, I have been victim to one of the rare exceptions). In League, if you flame someone who has flamed you, both of you are susceptible to being punished for negative behavior. If only one of you is punished, it means only one of you was consistently reported enough. The point is that in both environments, the rules state that such "self defense" is still breaking the rules and subject to punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:55:33.729+0000) > > You're missing the comparison by virtue of environment. > > In school, if both kids throw a punch, both are punished (usually, I have been victim to one of the rare exceptions). > In League, if you flame someone who has flamed you, both of you are susceptible to being punished for negative behavior. If only one of you is punished, it means only one of you was consistently reported enough. > > The point is that in both environments, the rules state that such "self defense" is still breaking the rules and subject to punishment. If I had a kid that was in school and was getting his ass beat and he defended himself and the school punished him for it, I'd punish the person running the school. In neither situation is it fair to punish someone who's defending themselves. Thanks for pointing out another wrong in our social environments.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:50:13.169+0000) > > If a person punches you in the face, I'm legally allowed to punch them in the face. That's self-defense. Only if you punch them to prevent further assault. But shit-talking someone back doesn't prevent anything nor are you physically threatened in any way. A more apt analogy for the situation would be; A person broke your window so you go over and break their window. In which case both parties are guilty of destruction of property.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T02:02:48.927+0000) > > Only if you punch them to prevent further assault. But shit-talking someone back doesn't prevent anything nor are you physically threatened in any way. > > A more apt analogy for the situation would be; > > A person broke your window so you go over and break their window. In which case both parties are guilty of destruction of property. How's that a better analogy? Neither person destroyed anyone's property. Riot's responsible for that part.
: You obviously didn't defend yourself. If you were defending yourself, you'd simply be saying "shut up and let me focus" or something else to otherwise not flame the other person while letting them know their current communications are unwelcome. What you did was retaliation and is no different from throwing a punch back while in school.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:21:30.564+0000) > > You obviously didn't defend yourself. If you were defending yourself, you'd simply be saying "shut up and let me focus" or something else to otherwise not flame the other person while letting them know their current communications are unwelcome. > > What you did was retaliation and is no different from throwing a punch back while in school. If a person punches you in the face, I'm legally allowed to punch them in the face. That's self-defense.
: You shit-talking back ruins the game for the rest of the people, too. "Why don't they just mute me?" Why don't you just mute the person shit-talking you?
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:12:10.066+0000) > > You shit-talking back ruins the game for the rest of the people, too. > > "Why don't they just mute me?" > > Why don't you just mute the person shit-talking you? I'm glad you've now explained exactly why we don't need a suspension system centered around chat-related incidents. Thanks for agreeing with me.
rujitra (NA)
: Self-defense as an excuse in real life applies when there is a threat of bodily harm. Nobody is harming your body over League of Legends.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E5K3Kkx9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:36:03.058+0000) > > Self-defense as an excuse in real life applies when there is a threat of bodily harm. > > Nobody is harming your body over League of Legends. All the more reason nobody should be suspended over it. Thanks.
Rioter Comments
michiid (NA)
: No wonder someone like you would think that. You use Ashe. as a Caitlyn i am here to inform you Yuumi is not completely untargetable. Items and certain skills are able to hit Yuumi, as well as tower poisons and most AOE attacks. Yuumi is a Squish and even at the highest levels she is only able to be hit once by most and will die. If you have an issue with Yuumi just suck it up and stop sounding like a child. maybe play Yuumi for once and seee for yourself how shit she is. you are an Ashe and Zilean main. Try Yuumi, not for one game but atleast 5. I have played her quite a bit and can tell you she is shitty now. they made anything good about her turn to trash. she now has to be on someone to even have a chance. before she could be useful and jump off to poke but now it is all on the others to pull everything. when it comes to Yuumi it is pretty much a 4 vs. 5 .... i love Yuumi and think she should have stayed how she was. i know great Yuumi mains and pretty much from what i have seen most who support are very sweet. so Maybe stop playing with your tiktac you call a ego and think about getting a better support or being a better support instead of thinking the game is all about you. whether you are a pro or not NO-ONE cares, most care about making there game better and fun.{{champion:267}} {{champion:131}}
> [{quoted}](name=michiid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yqwMmZg8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T14:01:05.235+0000) > > No wonder someone like you would think that. You use Ashe. as a Caitlyn i am here to inform you Yuumi is not completely untargetable. Items and certain skills are able to hit Yuumi, as well as tower poisons and most AOE attacks. Yuumi is a Squish and even at the highest levels she is only able to be hit once by most and will die. If you have an issue with Yuumi just suck it up and stop sounding like a child. maybe play Yuumi for once and seee for yourself how shit she is. you are an Ashe and Zilean main. Try Yuumi, not for one game but atleast 5. I have played her quite a bit and can tell you she is shitty now. they made anything good about her turn to trash. she now has to be on someone to even have a chance. before she could be useful and jump off to poke but now it is all on the others to pull everything. when it comes to Yuumi it is pretty much a 4 vs. 5 .... i love Yuumi and think she should have stayed how she was. i know great Yuumi mains and pretty much from what i have seen most who support are very sweet. so Maybe stop playing with your tiktac you call a ego and think about getting a better support or being a better support instead of thinking the game is all about you. whether you are a pro or not NO-ONE cares, most care about making there game better and fun.{{champion:267}} {{champion:131}} Imagine trying to defend a champion kit by saying that people who play the champion are "very sweet" people. Imagine ONLY doing well on Yuumi and being absolutely useless on every other support champion and telling everyone else they should be better at support. This is pretty much the staple of all Yuumi players from what I've seen and I've seen a lot of them and I've op.gg'd a lot of them. They're attracted to Yuumi and defend Yuumi because of how much influence they get for virtually no effort. It's not fair to everyone else who have to better themselves at the game that you're able to be en par with them for infinitely less mechanical skill and understanding of the game.
: There is nothing wrong with yummis w making her untargetible literally all you have to do is kill the person shes attached to and then shes literally a one hit kill soooooo i dont see why so many people have issues with her so what shes diffrent dosent mean we need to reove her for gods sake
> [{quoted}](name=CrescentNightmar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yqwMmZg8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T08:40:55.690+0000) > > There is nothing wrong with yummis w making her untargetible literally all you have to do is kill the person shes attached to and then shes literally a one hit kill soooooo i dont see why so many people have issues with her so what shes diffrent dosent mean we need to reove her for gods sake Of course you're a Yuumi player. Yuumi's a piece of shit because she has no skill floor. I could probably cut off both of my hands and still do well in League as a Yuumi player. She's untargetable as long as she has a team mate nearby. If one team mate dies, she can just move to another team mate. If that team mate dies, she can move to the next one. Etc... A competent Yuumi player generally doesn't die in a team fight unless you completely wipe out the team. This means almost everything that you do is free of critical thinking : You don't have to worry about your positioning when you poke. You don't have to worry about your positioning when you're healing. You don't have to worry about your positioning when you're locking the entire team down with your ult. It's all done off the backs of other players who are always subject to the success or failure of their own decision making. The complexity of the game is reduced down to almost nothing for Yuumi players.
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5hzuO4s,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T09:26:39.944+0000) > > You said : > > I can snip things you say to undermine the actual content of a post as well. So devolving to insults? Your post is misinformation. I responded to some of your points, you got mad because I didn't respond to a specific one, I respond to it, and you insult me. Okay.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5hzuO4s,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T10:39:43.060+0000) > > So devolving to insults? > > Your post is misinformation. > I responded to some of your points, you got mad because I didn't respond to a specific one, I respond to it, and you insult me. > Okay. Where's the insult in my post? My post was literally about having hard CC stop Lux ULT's "channel" as a means for counterplay. Nobody actually believes her ult stretches halfway across the map. You're hyper-focusing on everything that isn't the actual point of the post and shockingly enough trying to victimize yourself the moment someone doesn't value the irrelevancy of your comments.
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5hzuO4s,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-13T06:10:24.191+0000) > > Most channels can be interrupted, which is the complaint. Thanks though. You said: >Can we get a change to Lux's ult so she can be counterplayed? and >ultimate that stretches halfway across the map. The ult stretches 20% across the map generously, and the counter play is any movement at all. Furthermore, her ult is NOT the only one to act like this, and Lux's ult CAN be cancelled with an interrupt, which is why Kassadin exists.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5hzuO4s,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T06:13:38.644+0000) > > You said: > > and > > The ult stretches 20% across the map generously, and the counter play is any movement at all. > > Furthermore, her ult is NOT the only one to act like this, and Lux's ult CAN be cancelled with an interrupt, which is why Kassadin exists. You said : > Her ult cancelled Kassadin. I can snip things you say to undermine the actual content of a post as well.
Terozu (NA)
: Lux's ult is 3360 units. The LoL map is 19600 units. Or roughly 17.5% of the map length. It has both a cast time in which she prepares to channel, and a channel, for a total of 1.5 seconds to dodge. Her ult is about 350 units wide, which means that any champion other than a dismounted Kled with tier two boots can run through it and not be hit.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5hzuO4s,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-13T05:44:08.734+0000) > > Lux's ult is 3360 units. > > The LoL map is 19600 units. > > Or roughly 17.5% of the map length. > > It has both a cast time in which she prepares to channel, and a channel, for a total of 1.5 seconds to dodge. > > Her ult is about 350 units wide, which means that any champion other than a dismounted Kled with tier two boots can run through it and not be hit. Most channels can be interrupted, which is the complaint. Thanks though.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxp1vtEQ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-12T10:57:01.246+0000) > > So the rational decision making part that considers the long term plans and consequences of your actions isn't ready until much later down the road of your life. Which makes perfect sense why people prey upon their immaturity. Things such as enlisting, studying, smoking, drinking, eating, exercising, working, courting, signing up for student loans at expensive colleges, and voting, are all decisions that young adults can make without fully understanding of the long term payouts will be. What a funny world we live in. It's not funny. It's practical. Or do you supposed a person should have no autonomy until 1/3 of their whole life is gone? And mind you, the last 1/3 is the same as the initial 1/3 just in the reverse direction; do you suppose they should lose their autonomy to prevent being "preyed upon" too because it seems like it's only the logical next step in your ideal? So unless you advocate people to only "live" for 25 years between 25-50 and everything has to be done within that period, then I guess this world is a "funny world" in your eyes. .......... Just because your brain wasn't COMPLETELY developed, it doesn't mean you can't learn jackshit or understand the concept of consequence and responsibility. It just means you can't make the best decision ever, which no one does regardless of how developed their brain is anyway. Of course, if we're throwing election at a toddler they'd be extremely confused. No shit. But no one is doing that. We're throwing them at young adults who DO have the capacity to understand so long they ask the right questions. After all, a good enough brain is simply, good enough; it needs not to be the most developed brain in its peak. If you have any doubts regarding the questions you're posed at any stage in life: That's what a parent, a peer, a friend, a mentor, etc are for; that's what learning is for; to help you and each other make more informed decision. You don't need the best legs ever to walk and run, you just need functional legs. You don't start walking and running until your legs are fully developed in your adulthood, do you? The same goes for your brain. And just like every child have been practicing walking and running since way before their body is remotely developed, and they will gradually find the most efficient way to walk and run on their terms. You practice your understanding by exposure and challenges, too. A bigger concern is not them supposedly not having the brain at its peak when making decisions. But more about them being fulled with bullshit information from a combination of reasons, that they make the shittest decisions. How developed your organ is, is usually secondary so long it's already in the "good enough" stage.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uxp1vtEQ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-12T12:00:35.907+0000) > > It's not funny. It's practical. > > Or do you supposed a person should have no autonomy until 1/3 of their whole life is gone? And mind you, the last 1/3 is the same as the initial 1/3 just in the reverse direction; do you suppose they should lose their autonomy to prevent being "preyed upon" too because it seems like it's only the logical next step in your ideal? > > So unless you advocate people to only "live" for 25 years between 25-50 and everything has to be done within that period, then I guess this world is a "funny world" in your eyes. > > .......... > > Just because your brain wasn't COMPLETELY developed, it doesn't mean you can't learn jackshit or understand the concept of consequence and responsibility. It just means you can't make the best decision ever, which no one does regardless of how developed their brain is anyway. > > Of course, if we're throwing election at a toddler they'd be extremely confused. No shit. But no one is doing that. We're throwing them at young adults who DO have the capacity to understand so long they ask the right questions. After all, a good enough brain is simply, good enough; it needs not to be the most developed brain in its peak. If you have any doubts regarding the questions you're posed at any stage in life: That's what a parent, a peer, a friend, a mentor, etc are for; that's what learning is for; to help you and each other make more informed decision. > > You don't need the best legs ever to walk and run, you just need functional legs. You don't start walking and running until your legs are fully developed in your adulthood, do you? The same goes for your brain. And just like every child have been practicing walking and running since way before their body is remotely developed, and they will gradually find the most efficient way to walk and run on their terms. You practice your understanding by exposure and challenges, too. > > A bigger concern is not them supposedly not having the brain at its peak when making decisions. But more about them being fulled with bullshit information from a combination of reasons, that they make the shittest decisions. > > How developed your organ is, is usually secondary so long it's already in the "good enough" stage. I'm going to assume you're under the age of 25.
Rioter Comments
: shocking, a bot can more easily catch someone being an asshole in chat than ingame behaviour, how outrageous! No but seriously do you not understand the simple logic that it is a million times more easy for a bit to see if someone is being an asshole in chat than it is for them to figure out if someone is griefing ingame?
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-12T06:16:25.418+0000) > > shocking, a bot can more easily catch someone being an asshole in chat than ingame behaviour, how outrageous! > > No but seriously do you not understand the simple logic that it is a million times more easy for a bit to see if someone is being an asshole in chat than it is for them to figure out if someone is griefing ingame? Do you understand the simple logic that someone calling you a dipshit in-game has infinitely less impact on the outcome of the game than someone intentionally ruining the game via running around griefing their team mates? The fact that so much time and effort went into punishing a harmless, yet annoying, behavior by completely rational human beings who're upset over shit happening in a competitive game designed to antagonize them instead of trying to weed out people who are ruining games left n' right because of some sense of self-entitlement is ripe with stupidity and bad decision-making. I've said it a billion times. I don't care if someone calls me a piece of shit in-game as long as they're trying to win. What I care about are people who are throwing games because they feel irked by something that's happened or said in the game.
Dynikus (NA)
: did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached?
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T01:52:02.864+0000) > > did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached? Is that how we do it to catch these types of assholes?
: Permabanned Second Ban On 60 Plus Skin Acc Help Me
You're an asshole but it's really obnoxious that Riot's supposed to be a company and to work at a company you're supposed to be an adult and as an adult you're supposed to be capable of debating the idea of whether or not people should be banned for the content of their language. They shouldn't but who cares? Certainly not the people reaping the benefits of unjustly punishing people. When a morally bankrupt corporation tries to dictate how people should morally behave, you can be sure it's not without an agenda.
Rioter Comments
: Um....
God bless the Yordle squad.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l0XsOAMy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-11T02:08:53.080+0000) > > There's a big difference between pay-to-play and pay-for-convenience. If you've got a subscription-based game that locks the best content behind a monthly fee, and that subscription also happens to reward you with a small stipend of in-game currency every month, then yes I'd agree with you. That stipend isn't free, your subscription fee is paying for it at a discount. > > But grinding is a different story. Warframe, for example, requires no subscription and literally all of the game's content can be obtained through grinding and trading. Yes, there's an in-game store where you can purchase items with "platinum", but all of those same items are obtainable via grinding. It all depends on what value you place on your time. Some people don't consider time investment as a resource, and spending a few weeks grinding for an item doesn't matter to them as long as they don't have to pay money for it. And I tend to agree. If someone told me "hey, I'll give you this brand new car for free, but you have to wait 5 years; or you can buy it from me right now for 50 grand" I'd totally wait 5 years and get a free car. My time is worthless to me, so I don't usually mind grinding. "Assume a spherical cow of uniform density while ignoring the effects of gravity, in a vacuum." Your analogy is incomplete: you're not just waiting for that car. You're doing a thing that someone else is hiring you to do, at an equivalent of ten grand a year. Players with more time than money may not place much value on their time, but players with more money than time are willing to make an exchange. This is the best kind of exchange: both parties feel like they got a good deal, driving further trade. But when you give someone your time, receive something in return, and think to yourself, "this was free"... you're wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l0XsOAMy,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-11T03:40:50.952+0000) > > "Assume a spherical cow of uniform density while ignoring the effects of gravity, in a vacuum." > > Your analogy is incomplete: you're not just waiting for that car. You're doing a thing that someone else is hiring you to do, at an equivalent of ten grand a year. Players with more time than money may not place much value on their time, but players with more money than time are willing to make an exchange. This is the best kind of exchange: both parties feel like they got a good deal, driving further trade. > > But when you give someone your time, receive something in return, and think to yourself, "this was free"... you're wrong. Free is a term coined in this particular situation as being relative to money, nothing else. This isn't as confusing an issue as you're trying to make it. This has been the status quo in the gaming market for ages, not because most people can't figure out that _"Oh well you had to spend your time to earn that something."_ It's relative to the community. Everyone understands it. There's no reason to change the model.
Yûumi (NA)
: things you hear while playing support
I've been playing a lot of support lately and honestly, I have to say... I don't hear pretty much any of the shit people claim to hear in almost every single game. And I'm guy, I can't imagine how much better it is playing the role if you're a girl.
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T01:09:14.507+0000) > > Those are not lower IQ champions. They may be unfun to deal with, but that's not the same thing. Akali I might give you since she has to dance around her shroud usually. The rest are pretty low iq though. Irelia's only real skill expression is knowing your dash resets on a kill and remembering to throw your stun before and after you dash. Otherwise it's build a Trinity and then full tank and steam roll. Pyke is the auto fill support that I'm convinced can be played by anyone. Kai'sa can build anything and it will work with a fairly overloaded kit.
> [{quoted}](name=Bone Dad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T01:19:44.146+0000) > > Akali I might give you since she has to dance around her shroud usually. The rest are pretty low iq though. > > Irelia's only real skill expression is knowing your dash resets on a kill and remembering to throw your stun before and after you dash. Otherwise it's build a Trinity and then full tank and steam roll. > > Pyke is the auto fill support that I'm convinced can be played by anyone. > > Kai'sa can build anything and it will work with a fairly overloaded kit. To be fair, what support can't be played by anyone? As for any of those champions, do you think any of them are really lower I.Q. than say... attaching yourself to another champion so you don't have a hitbox and don't have to worry about getting hit, at all, while you're just spamming a self-cast heal, a slow that tracks to your cursor and an ULT that takes up the entire lane?
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-09T07:28:12.546+0000) > > Go on then, compare Morde/Yuumi to some of your personal choices on what qualifies as more braindead. {{champion:39}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:84}} all come to mind I suppose.
> [{quoted}](name=Bone Dad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T08:42:09.393+0000) > > {{champion:39}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:84}} all come to mind I suppose. Those are not lower IQ champions. They may be unfun to deal with, but that's not the same thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-09T06:29:17.503+0000) I like to think that Riot has a museum of all the empty threats they get from kids. Must being pretty entertaining to look at, would love to go see it. That being said, though, its both scary and funny to see the amount of death threats that get posted here. Like, you know they're not serious, but you know someone has to be pretty fucked in the head to say something like that over a video game. People need to fucking chill.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-09T06:35:22.850+0000) > > I like to think that Riot has a museum of all the empty threats they get from kids. Must being pretty entertaining to look at, would love to go see it. > > That being said, though, its both scary and funny to see the amount of death threats that get posted here. Like, you know they're not serious, but you know someone has to be pretty fucked in the head to say something like that over a video game. People need to fucking chill. Not sure if you're aware of this but strangling someone with a necktie doesn't necessitate murdering them. I'm sure if you spend a few minutes reflecting on it, you can think back to highschool, when people were using your suspenders to do the same sorta things to you.
: With all the overloaded, braindead champions in the game you chose mordekaiser to be mad about? Eeesh.
> [{quoted}](name=Bone Dad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G3cVKr1B,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-09T06:28:52.814+0000) > > With all the overloaded, braindead champions in the game you chose mordekaiser to be mad about? Eeesh. Go on then, compare Morde/Yuumi to some of your personal choices on what qualifies as more braindead.
Rioter Comments
Kimimi (EUNE)
: Why do Kai'Sa and Rumble have the same amount of skins?
I think this whole "_champion isn't very popular_" shit is counter-intuitive. I'm willing to put up the argument that they're not popular because they don't have as many skins as another champion, ergo nobody wants to play the same looking champion on repeat. Now prove me wrong, Riot, by making more skins for champions who don't have as many skins. You can start with Ornn. _Kappa_
Rockman (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YJaYzmEN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-08T07:03:29.666+0000) > > Why would we want to incentivize people to play the lowest I.Q. champion in the game? https://media.tenor.com/images/13ada8c40541fe230f6283fd89ed4858/tenor.gif
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YJaYzmEN,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-08T07:06:08.175+0000) > > https://media.tenor.com/images/13ada8c40541fe230f6283fd89ed4858/tenor.gif You talk Riot into re-designing Yuumi's kit so she isn't brain dead and I'll sign off on your petition to get a high-five. Fair's fair.
Rockman (NA)
: Can we high five Yuumi while she's attached
Why would we want to incentivize people to play the lowest I.Q. champion in the game?
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: recommend me some tv shows to watch
Stranger Things just released a new season if you watch that.
Rioter Comments
: What?
> [{quoted}](name=RaphtaliaChan,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=djJJxAs8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T13:48:50.018+0000) > > What? I was making a joke about how the entire GD was filled with posts about everyone's queue times last night for TFT.
: Normalize Item drops NOW!
Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't think for two seconds about how stupid of an idea it was to make the number of components dropping different to each player arbitrarily. Every player should get the amount of items necessary to plateau out the number of items each player has by the end of the carousel. So if one player gets two components on the first wave and none on the next two, as an example. Another player could get one on the first wave and one on the second wave and none on the third. Etc... This would need to be adjusted later when people pull champions out of the carousel that have a full item versus a component or remove full items off champion picks.
: Apology about the thing i did
Yeah, but what're your queue times on TFT?
: Thank god for the steam summer sale.
Well, to be honest, I haven't really seen a new game on STEAM that looks mildly interesting in half a decade or something. Feelsfullwalletman.+
: > [{quoted}](name=FairyDoll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VRPH5TEn,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-27T03:00:55.771+0000) > > Are you really at 135? Are you solo? 1:50:25 atm. Was with two friends, now with one friend.
> [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VRPH5TEn,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-27T03:03:57.884+0000) > > 1:50:25 atm. Was with two friends, now with one friend. This might suck a bit of a dick but I got in solo at 40 minutes after I saw your post being at 100 minutes. You might actually be bugged.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Unpopular Opinion on the NB3-Noowhatever situation
This is not an unpopular opinion, it's just an inherently flawed one because it assumes that what he was doing is wrong. It's not. What most players agree on as "trolling" is almost always the equivalent of "not meta." Since the majority of the community, 'pro players' included, can't separate between what's trolling and what's an attempt to do something different than the meta, I don't think they should have any say in whether or not someone is banned for it.
: The fact that there is a locked in meta for botlane is the problem.
I thought Riot wasn't about enforcing a meta? So why are they enforcing a meta?
: Roaming Teemo Support 3-Step Guide
**Step 1 :** Shouldn't matter. People aren't obligated to do what you want them to do. This is the misconception with being a team player. Most people holding this position would not say the same thing applies to virtually every other aspect of the game. They just want to apply it specifically to this case for some reason. If your team mate said _"Hey, don't take ignite as my mid laner, I'm not comfortable with that,"_ you'd tell them to go fuck themselves and do what you wanted and it'd be perfectly okay. You can't make an argument, in principle, for why one's okay and the other isn't. **Step 2 :** He actually didn't say that. He was polite and neutral in the way he handled it. When the game's starting, NB3 looks up his match history and it's almost entirely filled with Teemo games where he's winning and defends Nubrac saying he's on fire n' what not. This idea that you know better about the winrate of his strat than him is pretty ignorant, too. I GUESS you're assuming that all 400+ games where he's played 'as a Teemo' is indicative of 'as a Teemo support in mid/top/etc... with this particular strategy,' which isn't the case and can be deduced by the simple fact that he said in the video clips that he's played about 50 games of it. **Step 3 :** Nubrac didn't make this into a situation, NB3 did. NB3 was the one who decided to flame the guy, insult him, threaten to contact Riot employees who were his friend on stream, and AFK'd in the fucking game. Stop pretending reality is inverted. And let's be honest, pretend you were Nubrac and you thought you had a good idea that worked. Now imagine how you'd actually play the game if everyone dodged because nobody wanted to try out your new strat because everyone's sweaty and doesn't want to break away from the meta. I know someone could default this to "you shouldn't be trying it out in ranked, you should be trying it out in normals!" But assume he already did that and it was successful a majority of the time. Why wouldn't he try to use that sort of cheese to get higher in ranked? It's so beyond me that so many people think that they have a case as to why Nubrac should be banned and why NB3's behavior is warranted. You literally have to be the most self-absorbed, dense %%%% in the world to hold this sort of philosophy and judging from what little I know of NB3 and what even his followers have said about him, I don't think it's inaccurate a claim.
: The company culture is trash and the game is going downhill as a result. Trying to please everyone bc they are about nothing, and in consequence serving no one. Sylas is a great example bc he is trash, and borderline racist.... any storyteller would tell everyone chains are a sign of oppression, and breaking free from them is breaking free from oppression. Chains leading a male model to a revolution? Spits on the stories told over the entire course of human civilization and those who have lived it. Symbolism has different forms, and in the abstract anything goes. Sylas is not abstract. Realistic symbolism can be wrong like portraying minorities as stupid, Jewish people as bad, or chains as revolutionary. Correct realistic symbols for revolutions are breaking stuff owned by the wealthy or those in power like the Bolsheviks in Russa or the Tea Party in Boston, fireworks, or killing greedy tyrants, kings, bourgeoisie, and/or aristocrats (France). Everything realistic relates to the real world so we can be better people in it. So Riot instead leaves the impression on fanboy/girls and employees that ignorance is cool and nothing matters. When really, ignorance is bad and everything matters. Sylas's story just flies in the face of everything humans are about. Everything is based on something correctly symbolized. If Batman was like Sylas, bats would make Bruce Wayne happy and he would like sunny days only. That doesn't relate with bats just how Sylas's story doesn't relate to chains. Yet I am just one dude who has the answers but can do nothing. gg. Revolutions encompass change not chains. Riot is a bunch of ignorant people and are only big because they were big. The worst thing is, they are bringing other things (culturally and artistically) down with them.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qn5J569b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-17T21:37:12.796+0000) > > The company culture is trash and the game is going downhill as a result. Trying to please everyone bc they are about nothing, and in consequence serving no one. Sylas is a great example he is trash, and borderline racist.... any storyteller would tell everyone chains are a sign of oppression, and breaking free from them is breaking free from oppression. Chains lead a male model to a revolution? Spits on the stories told over the entire course of human civilization and those who lived it. Symbolism has different forms in, and in the abstract anything goes. Sylas is not abstract. Realistic symbolism can be wrong like portraying minorities as stupid, Jewish people as bad, or chains as revolutionary. Correct realistic symbols for revolutions are breaking stuff owned by the wealthy or those in power like the Bolsheviks in Russa or the Tea Party in Boston, fireworks, or killing greedy tyrants, kings, bourgeoisie, and/or aristocrats (France). Everything realistic relates to the real world so we can be better people in it. So Riot leaves that impression on fanboy/girls and employees that ignorance is cool and nothing matters. When really, ignorance is bad and everything matters. There is nothing in the world like Sylas that just flies in the face of everything humans are about. Everything is based on something correctly symbolized. If Batman was like Sylas, bats would make Bruce Wayne happy and he would like sunny days only. That doesnt relate with bats just how Sylas's story doesn't relate to chains. yet I am just one dude who has the answers but can do nothing. gg. > > Revolutions encompass change not chains. Riot is a bunch of ignorant people and are only big because they were big. The worst is they are bringing other things (culturally and artistically) down with them. Comes into a thread about the state of the game, new champion designs, game balance, etc... and tries to make it about racism. That's a big yikes.
Rioter Comments
Augusta (NA)
: Justified Ban?
It's 2019. Context doesn't matter. Words are violence.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Tahm kench has 280 base damage, 70% slow on a 4 second cooldown.
This is how you know pro teams aren't really pro. Nobody's playing Hail of Blades Tahm Kench top lane.
: Could build grievous wounds.... I agree with you that riot breaks 3 things with every 1 they try to fix. It's a feedback loop. They can't leave well enough alone, but of course it comes down to skins money, so they artificially inflate certain champs a month or so before announcing a skin. That champ gets a nice 51-55% win rate and Riot walks away to count their shekels.
> [{quoted}](name=CarpeConundrum,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1HZQvYEr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-16T06:37:34.229+0000) > > Could build grievous wounds.... I agree with you that riot breaks 3 things with every 1 they try to fix. It's a feedback loop. They can't leave well enough alone, but of course it comes down to skins money, so they artificially inflate certain champs a month or so before announcing a skin. That champ gets a nice 51-55% win rate and Riot walks away to count their shekels. I talk about GW in my post and how useless it is. They heal right through it.
Show more

Forge God Ornn

Level 46 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion