Rioter Comments
GreenLore (EUW)
: Lucians guns are magical,Lucian himself has no magic abilities. And Garen and Lux are siblings,so it might be genetic.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lUh2V3xA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-10-24T11:15:53.791+0000) > > Lucians guns are magical,Lucian himself has no magic abilities. > > And Garen and Lux are siblings,so it might be genetic. Considering we see Lucian in the climb cinematic move so fast he appears to be teleporting leaving behind blue streaks of light he definitely has magical abilities along with his raw willpower to resist mind control/hallucinations from the Mist and pull his soul back into his own body in the Shadow and Fortune story.
: What Lucian and Garen are using is anti-magic from Petricite. Lux is the only mage in the entire Demacia.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lUh2V3xA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-24T05:20:11.270+0000) > > What Lucian and Garen are using is anti-magic from Petricite. Lux is the only mage in the entire Demacia. I don't know this sounds a bit more involved than just simple Petricite. > “But how do you fire it?” Lucian said, looking down at the exquisitely crafted weapon, a look of puzzlement on his face. “There’s no trigger.” > > “It doesn’t need a trigger, my love,” said Senna, her eyes glinting with amusement. She touched him lightly on the side of his head. “The trigger is in here.” > > “I don’t understand,” said Lucian. > > Senna aimed her own weapon—a more elegant version of the one he held—at the target twenty feet away. Her expression hardened, her eyes narrowing. “You have to will it to fire,” she said, and the target exploded in a searing blast of yellow flame. As for Garen how do you explain the ultimate? and {{champion:50}} : "Ignorant of the very magic you carry into battle. How Demacian"
Rioter Comments
: I don't think we can really judge LeBlanc in any situation because for the sake of "deception" Riot wants to keep her amiss and aloof. The only record of her powers we have are the fact that she's been able to prolong her life for hundreds/thousands of years as well as the ability to appear in multiple places at once. (Which the latter in itself would probably take quite a lot of grit having to maintain several conscious minds) We also have to remember that LeBlanc has a myriad of dark mages at her disposal such as {{champion:60}} and {{champion:8}} , the reason this is important in understanding LeBlanc is that they both share with her miles of knowledge both pertaining to magic as well as general occurrences. {{champion:60}} fetches dark magic for her from the Shadow Isles which anything from the Shadow Isles should be considered powerful considering the depth of the magic there. For all we know, LeBlanc's magic isn't simply restricted to "illusionary" or "deceptive" magics. It could be that LeBlanc practices a very dark and powerful form of magic and just so happens to have an affinity for deception and illusions. Now if these three lovely ladies got into a fight, even then its hard to say since we don't know for sure how powerful LeBlanc really is. I will say that I believe {{champion:127}} beats {{champion:134}} simply because she's been around the block a few more times than {{champion:134}} has.
> [{quoted}](name=Shooktopus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pNE1VK5b,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-10-23T04:24:01.280+0000) > For all we know, LeBlanc's magic isn't simply restricted to "illusionary" or "deceptive" magics. It could be that LeBlanc practices a very dark and powerful form of magic and just so happens to have an affinity for deception and illusions. Well lore wise she also granted Darkwill immortality and she resurrected Sion from the dead, so she's also a necromancer. Other than that gameplay wise she brings you from 100 to 0 real quick.
Rioter Comments
: Gameplay and story segregation. It's the same way she fires a big wave of bullets in what is essentially Full Auto out of wheellock pistols. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-pISvud6w Incidentally, I highly recommend that Rioters go through Forgotten Weapons on youtube for inspirations. A lot of these things are incredibly interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=Criomhthann,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tEFzAF66,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-10-21T05:23:55.238+0000) > > Gameplay and story segregation. It's the same way she fires a big wave of bullets in what is essentially Full Auto out of wheellock pistols. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-pISvud6w > > Incidentally, I highly recommend that Rioters go through Forgotten Weapons on youtube for inspirations. A lot of these things are incredibly interesting. But does lore really contradict that though? It's not like she's shown reloading in her lore or even carrying bullets with her either. And that still doesn't explain how she fires such massive guns with her relatively small arms and body, and in lore it self we actually see that her guns are too much for an elite pirate to wield as he's blown back firing it once so I think either her guns are magic or she's magically powered herself.
: Yeah, it's just gameplay logic. Her E should be rewritten as a cannon barrage from her ship - just like Gangplank's ult, of course.
> [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tEFzAF66,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-21T00:44:16.427+0000) > > Yeah, it's just gameplay logic. Her E should be rewritten as a cannon barrage from her ship - just like Gangplank's ult, of course. But even her ult clearly shows her dumping waves of bullets as she sprays randomly everywhere with her guns.
  Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ago6EHWt,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-10-18T16:32:57.297+0000) > > Why would you assume that LeBlanc forgets who she is? Do actors forget who they are or their past when they take on a new role? You claim i am making assumptions and assertions. To qoute my self "I wonder if shes lost her memory/ mind from changing personalities so often." I WONDER denotes that this train of thought is entirely speculative. > Plus, you also assume Mordekaiser would have pity. That&#x27;s another thing I severely doubt Mordekaiser is capable of expressing - if he even feels anything other than contempt for beings lesser than himself. "If Morde and Leblanc ever meet in lore >>>>>>>i wonder<<<<<<<< if he will look upon her with burning hatred or pity" "Since the creature he knew is long dead perhaps to a self inflicted torture worse than anything Morde could have imagined" Mordekaiser was once human and no matter how unlikely he is to express an emotion like pity. That does not automatically make him incapable. Such as some other champions like Cho gath or kogmaw where the concept is so alien they have no understanding.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ago6EHWt,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-18T16:48:42.121+0000) > > You claim i am making assumptions and assertions. To qoute my self > > &quot;I wonder if shes lost her memory/ mind from changing personalities so often.&quot; > I WONDER is entirely speculative. > > &quot;If Morde and Leblanc ever meet in lore &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;i wonder&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; if he will look upon her with burning hatred or pity&quot; > > Since the creature he knew is long dead perhaps to a self inflicted torture worse than anything Morde could have imagined > > Mordekaiser was once human and no matter how unlikely he is to express an emotion like pity. > That does not automatically make him incapable. Like some other champions such as Cho gath or kogmaw where the concept is so alien they have no understanding of such. I doubt Leblanc lost any of her memory if anything she likely has absolutely perfect memory about everything she has ever experienced to the tiniest detail considering she has to keep thousands of years worth of lies straight. She also has to be in multiple places at the same time all over Runeterra while plotting against others and watching out for plots against herself so her mind has to be insanely sane to keep all that up. As for Mordekaiser he wasn’t the type to pity those in life so probably wouldn’t be the type to pity someone in death.
Ifneth (NA)
: Silver, you say? {{champion:67}} Both are Demacian, and Vayne would be so thrilled to hunt all the literally evil magic users in the Shadow Isles that she’d probably consider it a vacation.
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ago6EHWt,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-10-18T13:43:38.956+0000) > > Silver, you say? > > {{champion:67}} > > Both are Demacian, and Vayne would be so thrilled to hunt all the literally evil magic users in the Shadow Isles that she’d probably consider it a vacation. Most likely the silver awl Lucian used wasn’t normal silver and had some other special magic going on with it considering his guns weren’t doing anything to Thresh initially. Problem is Vayne is a loner and anti-magic fanatic. Seeing Lucian’s obviously magic pistols and his superhuman speed may make her turn against him and try to kill him on the spot. She’s crazy like that even shot the one woman she saw as her mother figure between the eyes immediately after she saved Vayne’s life just because she used magic to do so and felt nothing but pure pleasure doing it. Then even if she does follow him there it’s unlikely she could be much help considering Lucian is probably more skilled and better equipped to fight the undead than she is but they are going to have to go against the full might of the Black Mist and beings like Mordekaiser who is rumored to be strong enough to wipe out Noxus himself.
: You remember the Thresh vs Lucian fight differently than I do. > Lucian fired a blistering series of perfect shots. > They burned through the Chain Warden’s ghostly robes and ignited his spirit form in a searing inferno of light. Lucian marched towards Thresh, his twin weapons blazing. > Shrieking in agony, the Chain Warden retreated from Lucian’s unending barrage, his wraithform now powerless to resist these weapons of ancient power. > “Death is here for you,” said Lucian. “Embrace it, safe in the knowledge I will ensure it is final.” > Thresh gave one last howl before leaping from the bridge, falling like a burning comet to the city below.
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Ago6EHWt,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-17T21:37:17.155+0000) > > You remember the Thresh vs Lucian fight differently than I do. Lucian couldn't even scratch Thresh and was about to be consumed, and in a last ditch effort he slipped a special silver awl he kept in a locket into Thresh's wrist which caused the souls inside of him to rebel and fight back giving Lucian an opening to actually hurt him a bit. Problem is after this encounter it's unlikely Lucian's trick would work again as Thresh will remember, and continue to get stronger and stronger. Then there is the rest of the Black Mist he has to deal with as well along with Thresh like Mordekaiser and Hecarim, and likely the only way to truly defeat him he's going to have to go to his home in the Shadow Isles as Thresh simply returns there when he's either done hunting or gets hurt. So basically if he wants to free Senna he's going to have to go to Thresh's home in the Shadow Isles and fight him there, the Black Mist there is so powerful it can wipe out entire armies so he'd be committing suicide.
Rioter Comments
EdgeLady (NA)
: {{champion:34}} would be among the god-tier champions. She's a demigoddess. {{champion:79}} is definitely weaker than {{champion:119}}; at least the latter has some combat experience and competent weapons.
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKwdmvrL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-16T00:00:52.231+0000) > > {{champion:79}} is definitely weaker than {{champion:119}}; at least the latter has some combat experience and competent weapons. I agree, Draven could likely beat Gragas in a fight as he could split him open with his axes before Gragas could even touch him. Any other contenders for weakest champion?
: Ornn, Volibear,Anivia and Xerath are god-tier. Ryze is above Brand cause he was dominating him in their fight.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKwdmvrL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-16T05:43:07.602+0000) > > Ornn, Volibear,Anivia and Xerath are god-tier. Ryze is above Brand cause he was dominating him in their fight. To be considered god tier I would say they would have to be on the level of {{champion:136}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:203}}
Zapzya (OCE)
: Ornn and Volibear are also demigods, they are easily some of the strongest beings on Runeterra. Ornn was the one who dug out the howling abyss and is apparently responsible for most mountains in the land. Volibear can hold his own against Ornn.
> [{quoted}](name=Zapzya,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKwdmvrL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-16T01:32:09.723+0000) > > Ornn and Volibear are also demigods, they are easily some of the strongest beings on Runeterra. Ornn was the one who dug out the howling abyss and is apparently responsible for most mountains in the land. Volibear can hold his own against Ornn. Forgot about Ornn and Voli what tier would you place them? Are they like Anivia S tier or closer to Aurelion Sol God tier?
: All immortal Champions you havent mentioned: asaik according to lore Ascended {{champion:268}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}} Weakened ascended{{champion:141}} {{champion:266}} Elemental beings{{champion:34}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}}
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKwdmvrL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-15T23:57:33.657+0000) > > All immortal Champions you havent mentioned: asaik according to lore > Ascended {{champion:268}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}} > > Weakened ascended{{champion:141}} {{champion:266}} > > Elemental beings{{champion:34}} > {{champion:63}} {{champion:54}} > > {{champion:57}} {{champion:82}} Would Azir, Nasus, and Renekton be considered S tier though? While they are seemingly immortal they didn’t really have any s tier level power. Also what tier would you rank Kayn and Aatrox? I do agree Brand and Anivia I agree are definitely S tier, but what are Maokai, Mordekaiser, and Malphite feats?
: {{champion:82}} ? If your going to start this kinda list you need to be comprehensize and have exhaustive knowledge of lore.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKwdmvrL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-15T23:50:00.102+0000) > > {{champion:82}} ? I forgot about him where would you rank him? Has he done anything that would put him at the level of {{champion:101}} , {{champion:117}} , {{champion:63}} , {{champion:134}}, {{champion:13}}, {{champion:516}} , {{champion:106}} and {{champion:34}}.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ForgottenStone,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XENuO0U1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-08T20:15:40.816+0000) > > I get what you are saying but the problem with all of that is how her powers don’t really stand out to be awe inspiring relative to all the other crazy stuff going on in Zaun or Piltover, a magical artifact releasing fire “demons” is a Tuesday over there. So I’d imagine it would take a lot for someone to look like a goddess to them. > > So Janna isn’t super powerful and at the same time not very active as well as her lore story doesn’t make her out to be a superhero or motherly protector helping her “children”. > > Instead she occasionally shows up clears the smog for a few minutes and give people hugs and words of encouragement. > > A good thing to do but at the same time it’s not like her actions are miracles beyond the realm of mortals. > > So I’d expect her to have celebrity status especially amongst the downtrodden but not being straight up worshipped. As most people aren’t going to worship you as a god for giving them a pep talk or blowing some smoke out of their face. > > Now if she were going around shielding people from bullets and knife attacks, curing cancer, healing the blind and crippled, changing the weather, bringing the dead back, etc. I could see people worshipping her like a god as those actions are extraordinary miracles beyond the capabilities of anybody they’d know. Your idea of a godly being is rather restrictive. Not all gods that are worshipped have amazing OP OP powers that saves anyone and everyone. If you look into mythology, gods themselves (major and minor) are not all-powerful nor are they invincible either. The best way to explain Janna is to compare her to the Virgin Mary. She is worshipped by millions to this day, yet, she was simply a human. To Zaunites, Janna is their Virgin Mary. Plus, you have to look at the context. Piltover and Zaun are technology-based cities, as in, no innate magical powers. They gain their strength and "powers" through augmentation or weapons. All the champions from either city have some form of weapon or technology upgrade other than Janna. Which makes her very unique. Place Janna in Demacia and she'd be vilified as a demon. In the Shadow Isles? She's be prey. Bilgewater? Basic blonde. Ionia? Wind Spirit. Therefore, looking at the geographical nature plays into it as well.
> [{quoted}](name=ZapMyHeart,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XENuO0U1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-08T22:06:03.635+0000) > > Your idea of a godly being is rather restrictive. Not all gods that are worshipped have amazing OP OP powers that saves anyone and everyone. If you look into mythology, gods themselves (major and minor) are not all-powerful nor are they invincible either. > > The best way to explain Janna is to compare her to the Virgin Mary. She is worshipped by millions to this day, yet, she was simply a human. To Zaunites, Janna is their Virgin Mary. > > Plus, you have to look at the context. Piltover and Zaun are technology-based cities, as in, no innate magical powers. They gain their strength and &quot;powers&quot; through augmentation or weapons. All the champions from either city have some form of weapon or technology upgrade other than Janna. Which makes her very unique. > > Place Janna in Demacia and she&#x27;d be vilified as a demon. In the Shadow Isles? She&#x27;s be prey. Bilgewater? Basic blonde. Ionia? Wind Spirit. Therefore, looking at the geographical nature plays into it as well. I’m not saying she has to be all powerful just far beyond the tech and magic capabilities of Piltover and Zaun. Or just really active and charismatic with a clear mission and goal in mind. As for the Virgin Mary she is not worshipped as a Goddess or anything close just highly revered due to her connection to Jesus as his mother. Janna doesn’t have connections to an actual God. If Jesus wasnt God himself and was just some really nice mysterious guy without any major powers (while Janna can create wind to some extent relative to the setting she is just another mage), or even a single message (Janna makes no claims about herself and has no real message to her followers) do you think anyone would worship him? As for understanding magic. Piltover and Zaun are both familiar with magic, magic is common place enough that Piltover has academies for training mages as revealed in Ezreal’s new lore who is a mage.
: I think you're forgetting what Janna represents. She's not technically a goddess; she's a spirit, and she gains power from prayer like how demons feed on despair. It's not power that causes people to revere her, though. Janna saved Zaun. When the Piltovan Canal failed and sent countless people plummeting into the sea, it was Janna who rescued them. When the Gray gets too dense and enough people call out for her to blow it away, those prayers give her the power to do so. People worship and revere her because she's a legend; a figure who represents hope. Zaun is a cesspool full of crazy chembarons, rogue experiments, toxic gas, and in many cases, poverty. It's a bleak place to live, but even amidst all that, Janna still provides something that people latch onto. It doesn't matter how powerful she is or whether or not the people are aware of magic. People revere her out of faith, which is the core behind literally every religion. When things are at their worst, people will pray to her, and we have several instances in the lore of Janna answering those prayers.
> [{quoted}](name=Gold Light,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XENuO0U1,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-08T20:23:01.369+0000) > > I think you&#x27;re forgetting what Janna represents. She&#x27;s not technically a goddess; she&#x27;s a spirit, and she gains power from prayer like how demons feed on despair. It&#x27;s not power that causes people to revere her, though. > > Janna saved Zaun. When the Piltovan Canal failed and sent countless people plummeting into the sea, it was Janna who rescued them. When the Gray gets too dense and enough people call out for her to blow it away, those prayers give her the power to do so. People worship and revere her because she&#x27;s a legend; a figure who represents hope. Zaun is a cesspool full of crazy chembarons, rogue experiments, toxic gas, and in many cases, poverty. It&#x27;s a bleak place to live, but even amidst all that, Janna still provides something that people latch onto. It doesn&#x27;t matter how powerful she is or whether or not the people are aware of magic. People revere her out of faith, which is the core behind literally every religion. When things are at their worst, people will pray to her, and we have several instances in the lore of Janna answering those prayers. I know she isn’t a goddess so my issue with the lore is I still don’t see why they would actually worship her as one. Sure she’s done good by the people helping to clean the air occasionally and she saved people from being choked out by the poisonous fumes during the canal collapse, and while I can definitely see her as a legendary hero becoming a symbol for hope that people admire for acts of kindness helping the people when those in power would prefer to let them die. I just don’t see why people would worship her. Like in real life if some mysterious stranger saved you from burning to death in your home by putting out the fire, you’d be happy and grateful but I’d doubt you will pray to him/her. You say people worship her out of faith, but faith to do what? To occasionally blow away toxic fumes? Her power and influence isnt the best, and while she still occasionally helps out she doesn’t seem to do so all that often. People typically want something a bit better than that before they worship someone. To me worshipping someone as a god/goddess means you are willing to give your very soul for them you love that person more than anyone even your own life or family and willing to do anything for them. Don’t get me wrong I think Janna is a good character but the whole worshipping her thing just seems odd.
: My thoughts are because it's based on socio-economic trends. Piltover and Zaun are interconnected together, however, Piltover is the rich area, while Zaun is Skid Row. Aka Eagleton and Pawnee (Parks and Rec) or from Battle Angel Alita, Tiphares vs The Scrapyard. Unlike Piltover, where everyone is relatively comfortable and attracts the richer crowd. Zaun is like the black market, dealing with basically anything that might not be legal, attracting shady people and all kinds of questionable business or those who can't afford anywhere else/can't get out due to being born there due to poverty. Those who live in destitution have a tendency to seek out some spiritual aspect, perhaps as a way to cling onto hope because despite the technological advances in Zaun, it doesn't free the citizens from their poverty nor their environments. The reason is because only a small portion of Zaun's population actually strike it rich through these dealings, while everyone else trudges along and try to scrape by to see another day. Janna, who might not be the most powerful being, is worshipped as a protective figure, as who doesn't want a motherly figure with magical powers protecting them? Those people cling onto this because they have nothing else and it allows them to be comforted in face of their realities. And hope is considered to be the most strongest feeling out there, allowing beings to get through dark times. If you read her flavor story, the last few paragraphs give you a bit of insight on what a Zaunite would feel when around Janna.
> [{quoted}](name=ZapMyHeart,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XENuO0U1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-08T19:23:15.021+0000) > > My thoughts are because it&#x27;s based on socio-economic trends. > > Piltover and Zaun are interconnected together, however, Piltover is the rich area, while Zaun is Skid Row. > > Aka Eagleton and Pawnee (Parks and Rec) or from Battle Angel Alita, Tiphares vs The Scrapyard. > > Unlike Piltover, where everyone is relatively comfortable and attracts the richer crowd. Zaun is like the black market, dealing with basically anything that might not be legal, attracting shady people and all kinds of questionable business or those who can&#x27;t afford anywhere else/can&#x27;t get out due to being born there due to poverty. > > Those who live in destitution have a tendency to seek out some spiritual aspect, perhaps as a way to cling onto hope because despite the technological advances in Zaun, it doesn&#x27;t free the citizens from their poverty nor their environments. The reason is because only a small portion of Zaun&#x27;s population actually strike it rich through these dealings, while everyone else trudges along and try to scrape by to see another day. > > Janna, who might not be the most powerful being, is worshipped as a protective figure, as who doesn&#x27;t want a motherly figure with magical powers protecting them? Those people cling onto this because they have nothing else and it allows them to be comforted in face of their realities. And hope is considered to be the most strongest feeling out there, allowing beings to get through dark times. > > If you read her flavor story, the last few paragraphs give you a bit of insight on what a Zaunite would feel when around Janna. I get what you are saying but the problem with all of that is how her powers don’t really stand out to be awe inspiring relative to all the other crazy stuff going on in Zaun or Piltover, a magical artifact releasing fire “demons” is a Tuesday over there. So I’d imagine it would take a lot for someone to look like a goddess to them. So Janna isn’t super powerful and at the same time not very active as well as her lore story doesn’t make her out to be a superhero or motherly protector helping her “children”. Instead she occasionally shows up clears the smog for a few minutes and give people hugs and words of encouragement. A good thing to do but at the same time it’s not like her actions are miracles beyond the realm of mortals. So I’d expect her to have celebrity status especially amongst the downtrodden but not being straight up worshipped. As most people aren’t going to worship you as a god for giving them a pep talk or blowing some smoke out of their face. Now if she were going around shielding people from bullets and knife attacks, curing cancer, healing the blind and crippled, changing the weather, bringing the dead back, etc. I could see people worshipping her like a god as those actions are extraordinary miracles beyond the capabilities of anybody they’d know.
Rioter Comments
: Whoa whoa, are you comparing skin universe lore with the main Runeterra setting? Because that could change EVERYTHING... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mYygtIEZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-06T03:07:08.128+0000) > > Whoa whoa, are you comparing skin universe lore with the main Runeterra setting? Because that could change EVERYTHING... > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} I always thought Elementalist Lux was like some sort of near future Lux where she understands her powers better, but still for the most part of the main setting.
: She's Mortal so it doesn't matter how powerful you are if you can be easily killed
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mYygtIEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:18:17.301+0000) > > She&#x27;s Mortal so it doesn&#x27;t matter how powerful you are if you can be easily killed She did tank a hit from a mountain sized monster in her cinematic without much issue so she’s fairly durable. She even gains mind control powers through Mystic or at least its implied based off her comments.
  Rioter Comments
Vhan8765 (NA)
: I mean, Kata and Garen are enemies, but people ship that to no end. Love can bloom on the battlefield, can it not? Not that I'm for or against the ship, but willing to see the credibility.
> [{quoted}](name=Vhan8765,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J1WPEEzi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-05T20:53:20.298+0000) > > I mean, Kata and Garen are enemies, but people ship that to no end. > > Love can bloom on the battlefield, can it not? > > Not that I&#x27;m for or against the ship, but willing to see the credibility. But difference is Riot is always shipping it as well every chance they get they put a small shipping tease somewhere from Garen’s own voice lines to other champions like his sister Lux’s or Tahm’s voice lines, appearances in other champions’ splash arts I.e. Dino Gnar etc. While I haven’t seen such from the Zed x Syndra ship not even so much as an entry on the related champions page for their respective bios.
: Zed x Syndra does it make sense?
Wonder why someone is downvoting me?
: I'd say, Zed probably sees Syndra AS a threat to Ionia... But we can't know for certain, because as yet they haven't met.
> [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=J1WPEEzi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-05T17:53:57.787+0000) > > I&#x27;d say, Zed probably sees Syndra AS a threat to Ionia... > > But we can&#x27;t know for certain, because as yet they haven&#x27;t met. Yeah it seems like they would be enemies especially considering how much Ionia fears her saying she is more of a threat than anything Noxus could do.
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: That sion nerf is absolutely useless
Personally I think super tanks are good to counter all the 100 - 0 we have going on lately from all the burst champs.
: Just imagine if you got stuff like {{champion:54}} {{champion:89}} in your team, it would be utterly broken
usul1202 (NA)
: It would let teams have absurd engages. I don't think that would be balanceable.
: Why are you nerfing Nami, who has been balanced for so long, instead of buffing her counters?
They did buff her counters like Pyke and now want to nerf her directly as well for...reasons.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
CrowV2 (OCE)
: Jinx's actual issue
Honestly she doesn't seem actually crazy just a psychopath obsessed with destruction. She seems crazy because casually killing people and burning their houses down for fun seem insane to people who actually care about life and property. She is still grounded in reality as there's no indication that she doesn't know what she is doing. With quotes like "I'm crazy, see, I even got a doctor's note", doesn't really sound crazy as she recognizes that other's see her as crazy. She's also pretty smart, constantly outsmarting Vi and Cait, and even plans out her acts of violence to cause the most amount of effect as possible and get as much notoriety as possible. This is a bit closer to being actually crazy. The Pyro honestly believes he's giving candy to babies and playing music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5n6OQXf2W4
Dehydration (EUNE)
: Can you return Taliyah to mid lane?
I prefer diverse champions to be honest. Ideally we shouldn't be meta locked and everyone should be able to play whatever lane imo. So Taliyah being able to jungle as well as mid is good to me. It's not like she's the best jungler in the game anyway she's just pretty good at it due to her ult.
Terozu (NA)
: He has a massive crush on her, we will see where it goes from there, hopefully to an actual relationship.
Right now though when you put everything they say together it seems like Ezreal is infatuated with Lux but Lux doesn't feel the same way so Ezreal is making up a relationship with her in his head and possibly telling others. Hence why Lux says in an annoyed tone, "Are we supposed to be dating or something? We never even talked." Zoe also knows Ezreal is telling people they are together so she also gets mad and thinks Lux is her competiton. Their relationship or lack thereof kind of reminds me of that old show The Fairly Oddparents on Nickelodeon. Timmy, the protagonist, is in love with this tall rich girl Trixie, who doesn't even acknowledge his existence, and while he's doing everything to get her attention he ignores this other girl, Tootie, his short and crazy acting neighbor's advances as she constantly tries everything in her power to get him to notice her. So Ez is Timmy, Lux is Trixie, and Zoe is Tootie.
RandomChips (EUNE)
: I feel like you got Jayce character down a bit wrong. (I'm just going to try and explain why using the list you provided because I liked the structure it gives, even if it is a little more than needed to prove the caring part.) 1. Jayce by no means try to get people to like him. Most people don't when they get to know his personality. He seems to be very honest and frank even when it hurts himself or others around him. 2. See point 1. He is making far too much enemies and doesn't seems to use manipulation even when he would have benefited from it in the story. 3. Well, he is a genious inventor and he knows he is intelligent. I'm not sure he overestimate himself in any way and he knows he is a douce. 4. See point 1. He doesn't do anything to strike me as a liar even for his own benefit. 5. When he worked on the crystal he did feel guilty for his behavior towards others because he finally understood what he did wrong. He even apologised for his behavior to Viktor. 6. He seemed to really like Viktor and felt sad over their fallout. He also seems to take a liking to the girl in the Quick Fix story. 7. We know nothing of Jayce love life so that one is a hard point to say anything about at all. 8. He is a genious inventor. He spent months on a crystal that didn't really give any sign or response to anything, if he needed constant stimulation I'm not sure he found it there. 9. He can see someone is upset but can't relate unless he gets into a situation like the one with the crystal in point 5. 10. Jayce seems to be someone who plans ahead alot, he does not feel like an impulsive person at all. For example the experiences of not analyzing and just swing the hammer around in Viktor lab seemed entirely new to him. His bio also states that he care very little for the adoration of his fellow piltovans but he have his heart in the right place. And he is technically caring about them and their wellbeing together with his beloved Piltover in general when he decide to stop Viktor both times.
You definitely make a point about Jayce so I was probably wrong about him. For Jayce depends on who's point of view you look at it from. So he's probably not a sociopath, since Viktor isn't exactly the most reliable story teller. But I think my points about Ezreal are all true.
Jikker (NA)
: I would agree with you there except I do think he has attachments to others, namely his parents. I think that if his actions hurt his parents, he would stop. Possibly same for Lux if they are truly in a relationship.
How do you know he is attached to his parents? Sure he idolizes them and wants their affection but they don't seem to have much of a relationship. Sociopaths do often have someone in their lives they care about to some extent even Hitler, but ultimately the only reason they care about them is because they see that person as an extension of their self/possessions. As for Ezreal x Lux it probably wouldn't work out, it could but that's something that would require a great deal of work. Ezreal is about as self-centered as Draven and just doesn't seem to be the sit down and hold hands with my GF type of guy. And having Lux come and take on the burden of his many issues and try to fix/tame him would be alot to ask for her to do, so it comes down to just how bad does Lux want Ez? And from the sounds of it, it's completely one-sided and mirroring Zoe's infatuation with Ezreal.
Jikker (NA)
: He's trying to be perfect and thinks he is because if he is, his parents will come back. Thus anytime he messes up, he has to shift the blame and ignore the guilt or else face that he will never be what he thinks he has to be. I wouldn't lump him in with Jihn or Jinx, but he's definitely got massive issues. I think the main difference is Jihn and Jinx know they are messed up whereas Ez won't admit it/can't admit it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5r0EzJge,comment-id=0004000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T23:00:01.204+0000) > > He&#x27;s trying to be perfect and thinks he is because if he is, his parents will come back. Thus anytime he messes up, he has to shift the blame and ignore the guilt or else face that he will never be what he thinks he has to be. > > I wouldn&#x27;t lump him in with Jihn or Jinx, but he&#x27;s definitely got massive issues. I think the main difference is Jihn and Jinx know they are messed up whereas Ez won&#x27;t admit it/can&#x27;t admit it. ~~I'd put him with Jayce, Jayce doesn't directly try to cause people's deaths but in the event he does it doesn't bother him as he just doesn't give a shit about the people anyway. He cares about his ego and fame but has no attachment to anyone else but himself.~~ Ezreal lacks a conscious, care for no one but himself/lack any signs of empathy, manipulative/deceitful, irresponsible, love risky behavior, and prone to being impulsive. Common ASPD traits: 1. Glibness and Superficial charm 2. Manipulative and Cunning 3. Grandiose Sense of Self 4. Pathological Lying 5. Lack of Remorse, Shame, or Guilt 6. Shallow Emotions 7. Incapacity for Love 8. Need for Stimulation 9. Callousness/Lack of Empathy 10. Impulsive Nature Garden variety sociopaths, almost as if the writers read a book or wiki article about sociopaths and put every trait down listed, so I'd be surprised if that's not where they are going with the character.
: I'm sure he feels some guilt. But he'd never admit that, especially when he's writing the journal trying to set himself up as blameless.
> [{quoted}](name=Helixarrow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5r0EzJge,comment-id=00040002000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T21:49:47.550+0000) > > I&#x27;m sure he feels some guilt. But he&#x27;d never admit that, especially when he&#x27;s writing the journal trying to set himself up as blameless. I think you're forgetting the sheer gravity of his crimes. It's one thing to break into someone's office and blame it on the janitor, which is still a dick move and definitely anti-social criminal behavior but it isn't too far out of the norm for young adult/teen deviant behavior, and another to directly cause the deaths of possibly hundreds of people and not feel a thing and even blame it on someone else. Normal people wouldn't just feel "some guilt" this would haunt them for the rest of their lives. The guilt would be crushing to anyone with some form of empathy, or at the very least if the writers didn't want us to think Ezreal is a sociopath this should be the moment Ezreal turns his life around as he has a moment of introspection.
: Jerk doesn't equal sociopath. Plus, having an ego, shifting the blame, and not taking responsibility is pretty normal kid stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=Helixarrow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5r0EzJge,comment-id=000400020001,timestamp=2018-09-24T21:38:06.406+0000) > > Jerk doesn&#x27;t equal sociopath. > > Plus, having an ego, shifting the blame, and not taking responsibility is pretty normal kid stuff. Many of Ezreal's "jerk" qualities are clear textbook signs of an anti-social personality disorder. Sociopath doesn't have to mean you are {{champion:202}}, in real-life 1% of the world population is comprised of sociopaths. Not having any guilt after starting a massive fire that probably killed many people isn't normal kid stuff though, unless said "normal kid" is {{champion:222}}.
: Ezreal is a teenager who had the worst possible role-models growing up: his parents. They basically dumped him on his uncle and could hardly be bothered to give him the time of day, much less a meaningful relationship. Their frequent expeditions informed Ezreal they valued exploration and discovery over the responsibility of raising their child, so he seeks to emulate them as only a child could understand; fame and glory is a consequence of uncovering valuable artifacts, so he must strive to match or surpass their success. His selfish motivation is perfectly reasonable for his age. Teenagers are extremely self-centered brats, and I know having been one. The problem here is Ezreal has access to very powerful, very dangerous, tools that amplify whatever trouble he causes. Remember, everyone; kids are monsters.
> [{quoted}](name=A Superb Villain,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5r0EzJge,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-24T21:09:20.216+0000) > > Ezreal is a teenager who had the worst possible role-models growing up: his parents. They basically dumped him on his uncle and could hardly be bothered to give him the time of day, much less a meaningful relationship. Their frequent expeditions informed Ezreal they valued exploration and discovery over the responsibility of raising their child, so he seeks to emulate them as only a child could understand; fame and glory is a consequence of uncovering valuable artifacts, so he must strive to match or surpass their success. > > His selfish motivation is perfectly reasonable for his age. Teenagers are extremely self-centered brats, and I know having been one. The problem here is Ezreal has access to very powerful, very dangerous, tools that amplify whatever trouble he causes. > > Remember, everyone; kids are monsters. Isn't Ezreal in his early twenties now with his own place and what not? He doesn't seem to be Ekko's age who is still living with his parents who want him to go apply at a Piltover academy. Unfortunately if someone is a sociopath as a teen from what I've seen, they don't seem to ever get better as adults, just better at hiding the monster underneath the mask.
darkdill (NA)
: Any ETA on a Lux/Ezreal short story?
Judging by Ezreal's new direction making him sound like a sociopathic rich kid, I don't think positive interaction is likely.
Ifneth (NA)
: Ezreal is a Monster
Now its starting to make sense. No wonder {{champion:99}} tells {{champion:81}}: "Are we supposed to be dating or something we never even talked?" {{champion:99}} doesn't want to be involved with sociopathic {{champion:81}} but he just decides to lie and tell everyone they are together anyway, and may even be stalking her? But luckily or unluckily for Ez there is always {{champion:142}} {{champion:44}} . {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Raoul (EUW)
: I miss the League of Legends storyline. It was a great story that actually made the game make sense
I wish we had actual game lore. Right now only thing we have is cool background backstory stuff but what is going on in game? What is Summoners Rift? What are minions? Why do we want to destroy a “Nexus” what is a “Nexus”, etc. Explaining the game is what lore should do and while current lore is written better it fails to explain anything about the actual game we play so in the end nothing is tying the game together so I see OP’s point and agree.
Show more

ForgottenStone

Level 101 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion