Falrein (EUW)
: What are your biggest fears regarding your favourite champions/regions' future?
My biggest fear right now are: - how they're kind of ignoring many characters like Sona, who are just going to keep getting left behind and become harder and harder for them to implement as time goes on - how they seemingly are just ignoring Bandle City so far with nothing to note other than it exists ( I mean a lot of Yordles are already associated with other nations according to Legends of Runeterra so it just doesn't feel like they need to be this race that has to hide, like in Ziggs' comic) - and just certain character stories getting rewritten in such a way that they screw over what the fans loved about it in the first place (EX. Shyvana's dad getting rectoned. Still not over that)
Rioter Comments
: Thoughts on the sugar rush Eve skin?
I think the skin is...fine. The overall theme I wouldn't have thought of her being in initially but I guess the look they gave works for her to an extent. Would've preferred if they kept to Snowdown skins this year and we could've gotten Christmas Eve (from the fan art). Might get it and use it every now and again, but probably going to stick to other skins with her like Safecracker or Shadow Eve.
SSmotzer (NA)
: [Rework Concept] Kog'Maw, Mouth of the Void
I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with this rework. He still has some of his old abilities, making him more artillery based, but you keep the passive as well and also make his ult a Zz' Rot portal now its been removed. And he also respawns faster when he gets bonus health? Even though ADCs don't normally have items that give health? Everything here just feels more jumbled, like old Urgot or Sion, I don't know what to make of it. Is he suppose to push lanes? An artillery ADC? An inting troll ADC who builds health items? Outside of Q,W and E, it just feels off still on what Kog is suppose to be as your pushing more than one direction with him.
: [Spoilers!] Zed Issue Nr 1. Discussion
Storywise, I like it so far. It's interesting to learn more about the event that Zed and Shen witnessed in their backstory and also get a glimpse of what he is like so far in terms of being a leader and his philosophy. Shen and Akali will be interesting to see as the story progresses, especially Akali just so we might know more about her relationship with Zed and the Order of Shadows a bit better (she's still a bitch though). The confrontation of Shen and Zed will be interesting as well and can't wait to see that. And Jhin. OH FUCK I can't wait to see what happens during the fight( presuming there's a fight) in the next issue! Artwise, though, I really, REALLY don't like. Not necessarily hate because I kind of get an old-style Watchmen feel of it but it doesn't really fit the comic IMO. Not to mention so many oddly drawn faces (mostly Kayn...like good fucking god). I feel like a cleaner style or maybe more artistic approach, like actually having the comic feel more like artwork you'd see in Ionia, would of helped. There's also the discussion on the level of blood/violence here as the death of Althon was pretty tame (purple blood? really?), the destroyed village was as barebones basic to me in terms of showing horrors and bloody surgery and of course the corpses left by Jhin are just unseen or viewed from an extremely far distance make the comic feel a little too family friendly to me. That might just be because I'm use to more violent games/comics/media and expect a higher standard to wanting to view these things, but I digress. Overall, I thought it was enjoyable but lacking and kind of meh in a lot of areas. Hopefully the good will get better and the bad will get fixed as we move along.
: Make your Top 5 of the most beautiful or sexiest champs in LOL (Male and female) :
Female: 1. {{champion:102}} 2. {{champion:113}} 3. {{champion:131}} 4. {{champion:25}} 5. {{champion:21}} Male: 1. {{champion:44}} 2. {{champion:201}} 3. {{champion:122}} 4. {{champion:80}} 5. {{champion:236}}
: Shyvana VGU Concept: The Dragonborn
I'm a bit late but I might as well share my thoughts. Lore & interview: Not much to say here. Don't really know where you're getting the "made for guarding against invaders." She was just the outcome of magic messing around with nature and was wandering around before eventually aligning with Demacia. She wasn't necessarily 'made' to defend (that's more Galio's job and story) The interactions I do agree with except Poppy and Sona. I don't really know how they're related to one another, especially Sona that hasn't gotten any lore update for some time so we don't really know her place in the world quite yet. Visuals: I love this image of her, it just fits on what her update could be like. But could you elaborate on "larger bones?" Like, bones in her armor design or actual thinker bones in her body? As for her dragon form, I don't really like the suggestion of having her keep her wyvern-looking form but walking like Nico Bolas. I just don't feel like that would fit with her and feel awkward. I would rather have her current form to look smoother, especially in the wings/arms, or try and swap over to more of the traditional dragons we see on the rift, maybe a variation to better distinguish her. Gameplay Design: First off: Diver. No. Shyvana is NOT a diver. Let alone a defensive diver (divers aren't really defensive, they're offensive). She is, by classification, a juggernaut with at least a bit of a diver trait due to her ult. That's what needs to be emphasized more. I do feel like her Dragon form should feel more empowering but in terms of more auras of damage, I'm not sure that should be the direction. Also, the community at this point has hated Galio's rework as he's just been a mess. I would feel something more like a Pantheon or Warwick level rework could be better. Stats I won't go over since numbers can just be adjusted Abilities: NOW WE GET TO MY MAIN ISSUES! **Passive**: this just feels like more tacked onto the original, which I hate. I hate the current passive Shyvana has. So instead of gaining fury when she hits 6 and from overtime, now you get it initially and gain it while moving, only having attacking stay. I don't like this. It makes me feel like I'm Yasuo more and as much as I hate him, it makes sense with his kit on how he constantly moves. I also don't like how this empowered version is limited to how full your fury is rather than your fury determining your ult. It makes it feel like Renekton but worse since you need a full bar to get an empowered ability off. Also, I'm not quite sure how switching your bonus Ar and Mr to % now than flat really changes the fact that you still have to kill dragons for that to increase (while also in your ulted form if I'm reading that correctly!). It still makes it so she has to gain dragons in order for this to scale and without the bonus damage she has now it just feels really odd and continues to make her "I get dragons and scale or don't and fall off in tankiness", which I hate about her passive. **Q**: Not a bad idea moving her E to her Q but overall I just don't feel it. It just feels like too much of her current dragon E is loaded in here and her Dragon E just feels 'meh'. Her empowered effect is nice, finally giving her CC outside of ult but it's extremely limited to using fury, when you gain it at a much slower rate. **W**: So it's like current W but without the ms. Why? that's what made the ability so interesting, to me and kept things in a nice ability package. Also, assuming enemies will run from you when this happens, losing that ms (which I'll get to E in a second) feels incredibly frustrating when you can't that final tick off for that mark THAT ALSO ONLY LASTS FOR 1 SECOND for a 1 second stun. She's getting way more CC than I would have thought for a diver and is now starting to feel like a very odd tank of sorts. This really is where I start to question how this rework idea is suppose to be better. If you want enemies to stay in your aura, why make it so you can't keep up with them like before for the damage? What exactly is the tick rate mark and why only 1 second? Why not say 3 if they do run? The empowered version just feels underwhelming with a slight duration that could be easily extended in her current kit from just auto attacking, and I can't really tell how 30% more damage would be in terms of power so I won't judge too much on that. And the dragon form is literally what she has now, which to me also feels underwhelming and would have been better if you brought back the burn trail but that's just me. **E**: You just took the MS bonus from her W and added to a separate ability. This is now the point where I become incredibly harsh and say that this was the worst idea you could of possibly fucking thought of. It's not interesting, it breaks apart of what made her W work. Dragon form is somewhat interesting I guess but then you realize it's just Aurelion Sol's E. I don't understand why this ability is here. It doesn't add anything, it just strips away from the kit to spread things out to make this kit work, but it doesn't. **Ult**: WHY?!?!?! Why make the ult cost fury in the early levels in addition to having your basic abilities become empowered by fury!?!?! Dragon form right now allows you to extend it through gaining fury still, you can theoretically keep dragon form up longer with certain builds. Here, it's just a flat amount. It doesn't make her form interesting. You also lose the dash that made it more interesting in interrupts or initiation. There's no knockup or knockback on landing, just damage. I also don't really know how to feel about her permanently being a dragon. It's an idea for sure, but to me that just tells that Shyvana just gets stuck or accepts that she's a dragon rather than having control over her forms. It's less interesting and turns her into more of this late game scaling champ, which considering the pace of the game right now might not be often. I do like the tenacity, but this just doesn't feel right. Oh, and do I need to mention why you just removed the option of AP Shyv entirely? Why shift her to yet another AD bruiser champ? We already have enough of those as it is. It's what made her interesting from everyone else. She is a hybrid champ, she can go either path if needed or mixed if she wants. Why remove options of play styles, even though they're not that problematic as some other? Conclusion: This rework is....kind of a mess IMO. You say she has no CC, yet she has the option of a slow and stun. You say she has interesting mechanics, but they're more frustrating and hinder her more. Thinking about when you use the right ability for proper fury use is not what I want when i play Shyvana. I don't want her to become another AD champ, let alone a diver. I want her to be expanded on. I want to see more times to play either path or mixed, to have more interesting abilities in both human and dragon form than just 'here's movement speed', to keep more to her current gameplay but expand on the Juggernaut aspect of her. I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing on you for the sake of bashing but I really don't think this is a kit I would like.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 15
Can I ask if you're planning more changes during preseason, mainly outside of assassins/lethality and Marksmen? Are we maybe going to get more defensive items for tanks or try to have defensive stats increase a bit as opposed to damage which has been seemingly increasing more and more for quite some time now? What about more itemization for fighters or melee AP champs like Mord? Anything like that?
Rioter Comments
: Riot trying to be mysterious about Bandle City is killing support for it by the community.
I'm going to be honest, I almost completely forget sometimes that Bandle City is even a thing. It is a shame though since Yordles are very unique (being the equivalent to hobbits/gnomes but sometimes furry). With LoR it feels like a lot of Yordles just exist in the world without and sort of home base or distinct region to themselves, with most of them residing in Ionia (from my perspective) for some reason. Riot introduced that the city's entrance moves around but that barely means anything if we don't actually see the city. It's just a random moving 'empty' portal then. It really just feels like Riot just doesn't know what to do with Bandle City at the moment, whether it's what direction they want to go with before revealing or slowly fade it out and retcon it to make the world a bit easier to build. That or we may get more detail of it with this "whimsical" jungler that was mentioned in the last roadmap who may be a Yordle. We don't know. I almost want to see that if only to see if Riot actually has something for the region before making more regions, like Ixalan, or expanding others further.
: A friend of mine is starting league for the first time
~~Tell him to stop playing immediately and move on to something better!~~ OK, for a serious answer if he really wants to start: * Put him on some easy to pick up champs to start learning the basics and just get a feel for how some abilities may work: {{champion:1}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:89}}{{champion:20}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:45}} should be a good roster list for him to choose from and start getting to know the roles, see what he likes (Most of them are also pretty cheap for BE or RP). * Have him keep playing Bot games until he really starts how to CS, build, get use to abilities (i.e. skillshots), etc. Maybe even have him keep doing that until he has all summoners as well. * Have him pick what looks cool to him. If he wants to play Aatrox because he's a giant demon with a sword (and not because of his gameplay issues) let him. If he wants to try Nocturne, why not? Let him get use to champs that look fun to him. * Try to keep a level head and push past the toxicity. It's very easy to become discouraged nowadays due to the condition of the game and, to an extension, the community but if you can push past that, the game can be fun (though to me it still feels rare but i digress).
Rioter Comments
: I found FIDDLESTICKS suitable instrument for his Login Theme Song
If I may add on to this, I would also say that the Mega Marvin would also be a good addition to making Fiddlesticks' theme. Hell, maybe combining the two could prove an interesting result. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjxnA4r_Rs
: What Do YOU Want Karma to Become?
I think the twin dragon approach would be interesting. While I would like to keep things simple and maybe just do some tweaking or one ability change, I also feel like it might be time to take bigger changes if Riot can't figure out what to do with her. Maybe incorporating old Karma a bit to make some people happy but I don't believe that she needs a shieldbomb. I just feel like we have better representations of shield bombs (Sion, Kayle, Ivern) and adding more would just feel repetitive. The one thing though I want to make clear is that this probably won't please everyone. You're still going to get people who will bitch and complain that their champ has changed from what they were, that the new rework sucks before testing/seeing it, etc. It's also hard to try and fit a little bit of everything in equally without having it feel in-cohesive and playing like it should. It really should try to focus down one path, with maybe one specific element added in to make some people happy a bit, like going down the dragon route but making an ability really simple, and bring back a bit of the yin-yang theme.
Mogarl (NA)
: I really like the idea of Volibear becoming more "eldritch" as he gets lower health. Volibear's passive currently has to do with regenerating from low health, and I could see adapting it to a sort of cross between Kled and Sion passive that carries the spirit of the horror bear we see in the story.
If they have the tech of making him look more Eldritch as his health go down, I don't see why they couldn't try incorporating that. Otherwise, we would have to settle on a skin, which I think would be nice as a Legendary.
: Though I voted the Eldritch option, here's my stance on the situation: I do understand that Volibear shouldn't stray *too* far from his original design, his appearance in Silence of the Damned was a little far out even though it was cool as hell, so I understand Riot's decision. However, Volibear shouldn't be a noble monk-like warrior, Volibear should, at the very least, be **Scary.** A terrifying, brutal and viciously primal demigod of thunder who commands Runeterra's versions of Wendigos.
I can get behind this. Again, I'm generally fine with the direction they're choosing (even though I would of liked to see Eldritch) but I do want Voli to still have more of that fear/scare aspect to him. He's suppose to be this war god of the Freljord, he should inspire terror to people when they hear about him.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Forhonor321,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mmdkRAQE,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-24T17:44:43.991+0000) > > I think there can be characters who are stoic, but those I feel would better come from Ionia, a place that heavily is based in Eastern styles and philosophies. That's racist. > The Void, however, is more or less the equivalent of a Eldritch plane of existence. It's a place were unimaginable creatures are formed and crawl into our world, causing havoc and destruction. Everyone who has interactions with it (Kass, Malz) has heavily changed in both appearance and mind. They like didn't change at all. Malz was consumed by Void, so he kinda is no longer his former self, merely a Void puppet. Kass is still his old self and is not affected by the Void aside from changing skin color. >but that's not represented in her VO or even gameplay (like having some abilities cost health, maybe if she's out of mana) If it was represented in her abilities it would have been removed soon because of the players raging. > In fact, from what I understand, it actually becomes more of a friend of hers than trying to keep to the Void nature of consuming and destruction of Runeterra. It's more like that the symbiote is not that sentient. It wants to survive, so it will stay attached to the host as long as it has sustenance and resources to grow. Also, if the host is capable, it works in sync with the host's instincts and needs. Aside from that, it doesn't care about anything. > There's no worry of her to keep the thing fed to keep her alive, no paranoia of being in her old world or worrying about Void creatures popping up, no sheer hatred towards Void champs from being around them for so long, nothing. This was a 9-year old isolated in a very scary and deadly place for YEARS. I doubt that she would be stoic in trying to survive, she'd be freaking the fuck out and go crazy like everyone else. This is why she is a hero of her own story. Because she didn't go crazy like everyone else. In my opinion, the way she speaks and never really raises her voice shows this in a more subtle way. She comes off as a character who tries to reach out towards few good things in her life instead of giving up to horrors. Also nobody said that she got out from the underground only when she became adult. It's quite possible she found her way out way before but she had nowhere to go because people would freak out and her symbiote kept getting munchies. So, it's more like she had to go back to that place to feed it without harming anyone. > Then there's her appearance: it's bland. It's literally the same cookie-cutter, hot look we've seen already with most of League's female characters. The V-neck yes is bad but, again, she's suppose to be from the Void. Malz and Kass were changed physically in some way. In what way? Kassadin got a purple skin, but he is still ripped and his entire torso and abdomen are left vulnerable. He looks like an athelete instead of being a man who is slowly drained by the Void as his lore states. Even Malzahar looks hot enough to become a slash/het fanfiction character in spite of being a mad prophet who levitates himself wherever he wants. League has a lot of male champs who are way too muscled for the type of life they have - and yes, it takes special combination of diet and dehydration for a well-built man to have his muscles look so chiseled. So {{champion:245}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:20}} are like the only guys with realistic bodies. >Still need to look hot? VOID PARASITE ALSO COVERS THAT APPARENTLY!!! She's essentially getting to the levels of a Mary Sue, in my opinion. Not fully one but still feels close to one. Don't bring up Mary Sues when {{champion:99}} and {{champion:142}} exist. > She's a missed opportunity as to what a survivor of the Void should of been: constantly paranoid, perhaps a little mad, from years of isolation in hell and constantly trying to keep alive from deadly monsters in that realm and a parasite attached and feeding off of you unless you satiate it. Instead, we just have what we have now and just feels such like a disappointment. The Riot's intention was to create a survivalist who didn't lose her sanity, not a broken wreck like Malz.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mmdkRAQE,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-10-25T11:46:07.481+0000) > > That's racist. > How? How am I racist in saying I would like to see a stoic character from a fictional region, that is heavily based on cultures such as China and Japan? Maybe you haven't noticed, but not a lot of regions in Runeterra seem to give off the impression of finding inner peace and controlling emotions outside of Ionia and a vast majority of champs in the game still relate to some principle/philosophy from their region (Noxus = strength + conquerers, Demacia = fear of magic and elite, Freljord = survivors, etc.) What other characters can come from any other region and be stoic? > They like didn't change at all. Malz was consumed by Void, so he kinda is no longer his former self, merely a Void puppet. Kass is still his old self and is not affected by the Void aside from changing skin color. > No where in Malz's lore did I read he was consumed. He became something greater and became the Prophet of the Void. He's still himself but driven by the madness of the Void now. Kassadin in his short lore bio explain that there's a corruption slowly moving through him, only being slowed down by his instruments. His skin color didn't just change, he's corrupted. Both of these champs were changed in some way by the Void, mentally or physically. That's what I'm trying to say: the Void has some impact on you in some way when you interact with it. You don't just walk away untouched. > If it was represented in her abilities it would have been removed soon because of the players raging. > You say that as if players aren't raging over her already. > It's more like that the symbiote is not that sentient. It wants to survive, so it will stay attached to the host as long as it has sustenance and resources to grow. Also, if the host is capable, it works in sync with the host's instincts and needs. Aside from that, it doesn't care about anything. > I can get behind that it's not that sentient but what I can't get behind on how it doesn't feel like Kai'Sa is worried about keeping it fed. She has multiple quotes about keeping this thing alive and yet I don't feel that fear of her not finding some food in time in order to keep alive from it. To me, it needs to feel more parasitic, more like a constant race against the clock to keep Kai'Sa alive from her own tool of survival. She needs this to survive in the Void and it feeds off of her if not properly taken care of. That, to me, sounds way more interesting and would probably add some character, even if it's just panic, of running out on the clock. > This is why she is a hero of her own story. Because she didn't go crazy like everyone else. > AAANND there's the problem I have with this character! She makes the Void seem survivable and that immediately lowers the tension of it being a major threat. Again, I view the Void as a Lovecraftian/Eldritch horror, one that is basically impossible to stop and will always have an effect over you (see Malz & Kass again). But the mere fact that she can relatively survive in that environment with that much luck of finding a dead Void creature fusing to her, preventing corruption to still have her grow beautiful and relatively sane makes it feel like the Void isn't that big of a threat as it's made out to be. Granted, that does mean all those factors come into play perfectly, but it still ruins that sense of threat. >In my opinion, the way she speaks and never really raises her voice shows this in a more subtle way. She comes off as a character who tries to reach out towards few good things in her life instead of giving up to horrors. > This is were we really have different opinions. Her never really raising her voice comes off as bored to me. I don't get invested as I should. She has been fighting Void monsters for years, surviving in hell and yet she sounds like she's at an extremely boring party. I also can't really agree that she comes off as someone who is trying to see the few good things. Most of her lines are just about survival and Void monsters. If they leaned more lines into that so I could hear them more often I might have different feelings but I just don't. > In what way? Kassadin got a purple skin, but he is still ripped and his entire torso and abdomen are left vulnerable. He looks like an athelete instead of being a man who is slowly drained by the Void as his lore states. Even Malzahar looks hot enough to become a slash/het fanfiction character in spite of being a mad prophet who levitates himself wherever he wants. League has a lot of male champs who are way too muscled for the type of life they have - and yes, it takes special combination of diet and dehydration for a well-built man to have his muscles look so chiseled. So {{champion:245}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:20}} are like the only guys with realistic bodies. > In what way does realistic body proportion have to do with what I said? A lot of characters in this game have unrealistic proportions. They're proportioned to look attractive/bad-ass because it's a game about playing cool characters. Body look isn't everything either. Kass is ripped, yes, but at the very least he has other interesting features in his design (mask, blade arm, etc.) and is purple, Ahri has her tails, ears and dress, Nunu has a literally Yeti for a friend as part of his kit/appearance. Kai'Sa, on the other hand, is literally any other sexy female champ in the equivalent of a tight, latex body suit with the only interesting features outside of that being her hovering wing/cannon/engine things. You could put any other champ in that suit and they could work. > Don't bring up Mary Sues when {{champion:99}} and {{champion:142}} exist. > Why not? Yeah, those two have issues too but Kai'Sa I still consider to be a Mary Sue. You can't convince me otherwise. > The Riot's intention was to create a survivalist who didn't lose her sanity, not a broken wreck like Malz. And that's why Kai'Sa fails to me. I'm fine with the survivalist aspect but you can't convince me that the Void wouldn't make her crazy. I'll say it again; The Void, to me, is a place to make you crazy, corrupts you in some way. Kai'Sa is too unscathed for me to believe that she survived in there, too human to be touched by that place. Nothing about her story or looks gets me invested and only serves to hurt the fear of the Void.
Jacksin (OCE)
: My take on Kai'sa
I have to disagree with this. I think there can be characters who are stoic, but those I feel would better come from Ionia, a place that heavily is based in Eastern styles and philosophies. The Void, however, is more or less the equivalent of a Eldritch plane of existence. It's a place were unimaginable creatures are formed and crawl into our world, causing havoc and destruction. Everyone who has interactions with it (Kass, Malz) has heavily changed in both appearance and mind. Kai'Sa on the other hand has none of that. At most she sounds hollow than stoic but even that just makes her sound bored to me in almost all of her interactions and line. She survived by essentially a Venom-like suit that _supposedly _ feeds off her if she doesn't feed it, but that's not represented in her VO or even gameplay (like having some abilities cost health, maybe if she's out of mana). In fact, from what I understand, it actually becomes more of a friend of hers than trying to keep to the Void nature of consuming and destruction of Runeterra. There's no worry of her to keep the thing fed to keep her alive, no paranoia of being in her old world or worrying about Void creatures popping up, no sheer hatred towards Void champs from being around them for so long, nothing. This was a 9-year old isolated in a very scary and deadly place for YEARS. I doubt that she would be stoic in trying to survive, she'd be freaking the fuck out and go crazy like everyone else. Then there's her appearance: it's bland. It's literally the same cookie-cutter, hot look we've seen already with most of League's female characters. The V-neck yes is bad but, again, she's suppose to be from the Void. Malz and Kass were changed physically in some way. Kai'Sa still remains mostly human and hot because of the parasite on her, which doesn't make sense. It should of merged with her and we got League's version of Kerrigan, or keep the hooded version of her up and make her a bit more Void like, less human. That would of fixed a few things to bring more variety than just 'OH LOOK! MORE HOT DREAM WOMEN!" Everything with her seems to bend the rules or is convenient to have the way she is. Need to survive? Here's a Void parasite to help you. In a world full of nightmarish monsters? No worries, you'll just sound empty and still be perfectly sane. Still need to look hot? VOID PARASITE ALSO COVERS THAT APPARENTLY!!! She's essentially getting to the levels of a Mary Sue, in my opinion. Not fully one but still feels close to one. She's a missed opportunity as to what a survivor of the Void should of been: constantly paranoid, perhaps a little mad, from years of isolation in hell and constantly trying to keep alive from deadly monsters in that realm and a parasite attached and feeding off of you unless you satiate it. Instead, we just have what we have now and just feels such like a disappointment.
d00mface (EUW)
: Lore Things You Want To See Added In LOR
Wouldn't mind seeing {{champion:202}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:83}} being added in. They're some of my favorite from League itself to their lore. I also wouldn't mind if we got more original characters added in to maybe become champs in League itself or at the very least get some love in lore. As for adding in factions, I feel like Bilgewater would be intereting but I've also thought about the Void or Darkin if they could make that work (maybe it's just listing off Darkin of the past so it isn't just the five).
darkdill (NA)
: So Blizzard is adding Deathwing to HotS. How would his mechanics work in LoL?
As awesome as it is to hear about this (love HotS but still pissed at Blizzard), I don't really think this could work for League. HotS is a very specific MOBA that focuses on teamwork from the very beginning of the match and Deathwing is kind of an exception to being this super powerful SOLO character against the enemy but can't really benefit from the rest of the team. In League, that would mean, in the case of picking Shyvana for example, she would just be extremely powerful in lane and possibly as a jungler. Her being immune to CC would probably cost a lot of her power budget as well, if we're still counting that, and so the rest of her kit is mediocre. Not to mention that League in most normal play is all about players fending for themselves, so there isn't really that much teamwork involved to begin with. There isn't really a payoff of making a character this powerful when the game isn't fully focused around working as a team a vast majority of the time.
: Characters we hate and why
Honestly, too many to count so I'll just go through and see who I feel I hate the most and we'll see what we get. {{champion:84}} - Everyone knows how she is so I don't really think I need to explain much here. Can't really say what I would want to change since I lot has already happened to her ( I mean, didn't she lose stun on Ult and W stealth changed?). Maybe make her E only work at a certain range like Lee Sin Q so you can actually try to get away from her if possible? ( also no more Eing into fountain deaths) {{champion:34}} Never have liked playing against her or trying to kill her twice before rebirth. At minimum maybe reduce stun duration on Q a bit? {{champion:1}} Don't like how she can just hold onto that stun. Would rather she tries to build up to the stun and can hold it for a duration before it's lost. Maybe as some composition do something to ult, like ministun for compensation since she needs to hold onto stun for that gimmick. {{champion:53}} Don't like getting hooked to immediately get knocked up. First off: pull back Q length buff. That was stupid. Maybe try to fix hit box for that afterwards? {{champion:63}} Just melts everyone. Plays almost support now and is just a pain in the ass. Maybe reduce his % health damage or make some abilities slower, like Pillar since you typically try to use it on stunned enemies. Maybe make the 3 hit explosion go off slower. {{champion:164}} From my experience of her, I just can't win. She does true damage, she's mobile, she has survivability to an extent, it's ridiculous. Reduce shield a bit, or lower % of true damage. I've just never liked this champ since her release. {{champion:245}} Can just delete you and then recall to get health back or safety. Maybe reduce burst, lower W stun at early levels. {{champion:81}} Constantly abuses on-hit items. Maybe reduce certain items to melee (a lot of people have suggested this and I agree with them) {{champion:114}} Make it so her Q only refunds after hitting a champ than just anything. Could reduce true damage done on vitals. Maybe even lower time when vitals are available and up. {{champion:39}} - Another mobile champ that just does lots of true damage and just feels overloaded. Would rather see her be shifted back to a shield breaker and no auto mechanic back. Lower heal on Q maybe, remove mark from ult, I really can't pin down what I would change the way she is now. {{champion:24}} He just is a purple eggplant that hops on you and beats you to death. At most lower attack spd gained from passive a bit, maybe lower stun duration, or make his ult focused on building some defense if he wants those bonuses. {{champion:126}} Pokes you from range, hops in, burst, knock away, rinse and repeat. Maybe lower his range a tiny bit or lower damage on Q projectile. Lower knockback distance. {{champion:43}} Always face her now and again and is either top lane cancer or just a super annoying support to deal with. Kind of feel like cheating but would rather just see a rework of her since I hear a lot of champs just do the things she does but better. Only exception that she can do multiple things. {{champion:117}} Don't face too often but can't really stand facing when I do. Probably scale polymorph so early ranks aren't super harsh but can scale to what they are now I guess? {{champion:54}} Ult just isn't fun to play around (especially when he goes full AP). Would add some form of counterplay to maybe get a bit more reaction time to see it coming but still have it be the same just a bit. Like a quick delay that you can see but still need to act fast on. {{champion:555}} He's just a mistake. Can regen out of combat or if he can get away when caught (which is easy for him), his stupid execute and bonus gold. Honestly, he either needs to just give all the gold to a teammate if they helped out and remove his second portion of cut if he wants to be a solo assassin. Maybe reduce health regen amount as well. {{champion:107}} He. Literally. Just. One. Shots. You. And Riot is apparently fine with this. I would say that he needs to have his jump a bit slower if he's farther from his target (if that's not already a thing). Maybe try to open his window of burst so you don't just see his ult icon and then black and white screen. {{champion:92}} I hate how she can just build so much CDR and damage right now. And Riot has buffed her a lot and haven't really reverted her buffs when she was strong. First, CDR limiting. In general, there could be less in the game. Second, maybe make it so she can only stack one of her passive and play into the whole 'weaving autos with spells' concept. Could also have it so she needs to deal damage to build up execution on her ult, either in damage or range even. I really hate this champ. {{champion:23}} He's just not fun. Make the whole game about babysitting him so he can't split push and trying to get a lead or else he stops you and you can't fight back since he'll have his ult. Again, feels like cheating but he needs a rework. He's not fun to play against and he's not fun to play as. His ult is a gimmick "get out of death for a few seconds" card, he almost always has his E up since he has built in crit and builds it + CDR, he just needs to be reworked. {{champion:67}} Never have liked her. She pops off too much nowadays. Make her ult a flat duration, make her deal magic or bonus physical instead of true, lower the true damage, remove/lower the Q CD bonus during ult. {{champion:157}} WE ALL KNOW WHY WE HATE HIM!!!! Dashing around, windwalls, crits, stupid placement of R when near towers, etc. Some ideas could be that crit damage is further lowered, like 175% or even 150% (maybe too much). He's someone that is typically getting full crit with two items and build whatever he needs afterwards. Or his windwall could have scaling duration, reduced greatly at early levels to the duration he has now at max. It could maybe block a number of projectiles or certain amount of damage. He could have a dash limit on E with it getting removed at max rank, removal of shield, reduced AP after ult, just a lot of things to make him less annoying. AND THE LIST OF CHAMPS THAT I ALSO HATE BUT COULDN'T THINK OF WHAT TO CHANGE ABOUT THEM: {{champion:268}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:143}} (I'm starting to think I really just hate League nowadays)
: Legends of Runeterra cards you wish to be champions
https://img.rankedboost.com/wp-content/plugins/legends-of-runeterra/assets/card-images/01SI035.png As soon as I saw his art I was hooked. Would love to see him in the game as a Juggernaut or even a tank (since we haven't gotten one in a while and Shadow Isles I don't think has one yet) Runner ups would be: https://img.rankedboost.com/wp-content/plugins/legends-of-runeterra/assets/card-images/01FR013.png https://img.rankedboost.com/wp-content/plugins/legends-of-runeterra/assets/card-images/01NX051.png https://img.rankedboost.com/wp-content/plugins/legends-of-runeterra/assets/card-images/01DE051.png https://img.rankedboost.com/wp-content/plugins/legends-of-runeterra/assets/card-images/01SI033.png
Sukishoo (NA)
: True Damage skins T-Shirt leaked.
Getting real sick of Riot's champ choices for skins. FFS Yasuo and Akali just got skins a few months ago. Hell AKALI IS NOW GETTING A THIRD NON-ESPORTS RELATED SKIN IN OVER A YEAR!!!! I'm fucking sick of seeing her at this point.
Rioter Comments
Jacksin (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
{{champion:119}} x{{champion:119}}
: As much as I think Ixtal is the single most underdeveloped region, Bandle City update has been a long time coming. I'm ready to learn more about these magical furry hamster people and what their city is like. Tell me they subsist mainly a diet of cupcakes and sweets PLEASE tell me its true!!
To be fair, Ixtal was just added in when Qiyana was released and from my understanding it has a good amount of development (at least so far). But yeah, Bandle City has been around for years in lore and we still don't have a definitive look/definition on what it is in the new, modern lore, outside of having random portals pop up now and again.
Jacksin (OCE)
: I would absolutely love to see a Shyvanna rework eventually
I will say that I would also love for Shyvana to be reworked sometime in the future, but at the same time I will be incredibly worried when they do. Gameplay aside, I'm more concerned with how they'll handle her appearance and her story. Her previous bio I thought was the best that Riot did, but with the recent update they gave to it a while back it felt like they took some steps backwards, mostly Dragon dad with human dad. I never liked this decision and have already posted about it enough I feel. Only hope is when they do update her, they realized their mistake and bring it back since he was present in every part of her previous lores. Appearance wise I can't say too certain on. I mean, Mord and Pantheon got updated really well and so I would imagine that Fiddle and Voli will be the same but we'll have to see as they progress. I also have this certain mindset on how Shyvana is suppose to look so I will be wanting Riot to try and hit those when they update her, mainly keeping her human look with scaled body and skintone. Could remove the high heels from her since I've never really understood that as part of her character and her design of armor could either go into very Demacian or more unique for her. Not quite sure where I stand on if she should have horns or not (leaning towards the latter). Would be nice to see an evolving dragon form though.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Events are BACK Baby! Also some Holiday Event Suggestions
Wait, are events really coming back? When was this announced?
Rioter Comments
: Basically the game right now
Rioter Comments
: Huh, I actually went through your discussions to check if you did. Seems I overlooked it then. Did you cover this one: {{champion:6}}
Not yet. Might cover him next if I don't get any other suggestions.
: Battlecast Ornn - The newest addition to Viktor's collection, a war machine of fire and oil. ______________ About your next series: {{champion:154}} This guy gets neglected way too much....
Already covered Zac
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Project Bias
It really bugs me that this is the case because the champs chosen do fir in well with the sub-theme that they were going for this year. What fails, though, is some of the execution in design. Akali and Jinx just don't fit and, at least for me, don't really feel like Project at all to me. Jinx just feels like leftover Odyssey or more like a vigilante from her design. It's also a shame that there was prior fan art of Jinx in Project that felt more akin to it, with ideas like a full mask with painted on faces, or even the hoodie idea and making her full robo-suited/bodied. Akali just doesn't feel that much different. Her helmet, her color scheme, just overall her design feels more like Praetorian to me or an odd form of Program. She never really felt like she was in the same universe, more like she was in a purgatory between these themes. Warwick I've gotten use to, Pyke is decent, and Irelia is good, but Akali and Jinx just kind of kill everything for me.
: Am I the only one that has no interest or desire to play Team Fight Tactics?
I've tried it and it has some aspects of being fun, but with how the RNG is and substitution of gold over items in a lot of the build up and monster matches, it just feels unfun a lot of the time. That, plus the fact that there was immediately a ranked mode launched soon after, despite the fact that the mode is RNG based. I just don't get it. Why would I ever want to try and play ranked in this?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: and you then remember that riot is really good at making things look good at face value but it can be utter shit.
true. but we'll have to see how he turns out on PBE now won't we
: I really hope his ultimate is still a semi-global, its what was iconic with him before - a _usually _ top lane champion that can, without teleport, leave Top Island to make some risky, but potentially great plays by ulting a lane. The rest of his kit was boring and stale and glad thats getting a change, but I actually felt his old ult could stand up these days - but only time will tell. He seems balanced, numbers aside, nothing absurd and no huge new game-breaking concepts being added so a pretty stable rework.
From what I can tell from the video on discussing him, it's most likely still going to be semi-global. They said they still want to keep to the original as they possibly can but for all we know it could have scaling distance based on rank. We'll just have to wait and see on the PBE later today or tomorrow (i forget when it updates).
: Imo most of riots reworks have been succesful in one way or another. {{champion:84}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:83}} Lots of old mains didn't like their radically updated gameplay, but the champs are really strong, pro viable and got hella popular. {{champion:39}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:44}} The overall best. They retained a lot of their identity while bringing it up to date and becoming more relatable. All have above average viability. {{champion:28}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:19}} Even if they are still not pro viable, their new identities where as good as you can get. Each of these reworks captured the feel of what the champs were supposed to be in the first place. {{champion:50}} {{champion:10}} Those two are having it rough. Each of these strayed away from the original identity of the champ, distancing a lot of mains, even though their concepts are cool. On top of that, they are still struggling to find a good place in the meta, both in soloQ and pro play. {{champion:81}} {{champion:25}} An OTP's wet dream. Their identity and gameplay remained essentially unchanged, but their lores got enriched and their aesthetics updated. Both very solid.
{{champion:84}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:3}} yes are strong in pro but that is kind of a problem, as then they're nerfed for that field but in addition to normal play as they're usually strong in that field as well. Akali is probably one of the biggest offenders right now with Aatrox a close second, as least from my perspective ( i don't watch LCS so I don't know how good they are anymore. {{champion:39}} Thematically yes is better but let's not kid around, she was overloaded at her relaunch. Too much of eveything, still somewhat being nerfed, and just kind of problematic. The others are fine though. {{champion:50}} I think they're hitting a bit better with this last few updates to what he originally was, but {{champion:10}} I really don't understand what you mean. Before she was an melee top laner that scales to spamming her E ranged attacks late game. Her rework seems no different to what she was with the exception that she has one of the weakest laning phases I've seen for a champ and hardest scaling yet if she does well (not to mention the concept of a ARMORED Battle Angel. Still not over that). Maybe I'm missing something so you might have to enlighten me on that. {{champion:81}} is just a minor rework that needed some polishing as opposed to {{champion:14}} or {{champion:82}} who needed far bigger reworks to make them feel and work better. {{champion:25}} I actually don't really consider a rework since nothing was really changed with her abilities. If anything I just consider her getting a Visual Update and a buff on her ult.
Show more

Forhonor321

Level 145 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion