Rioter Comments
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: The point is you count Kalista Esport skin for it (Championship) else she would beat Zac in number of days. Edit: I just realised you missed counting Pool Party Zac which is from 2015 therefore Udyr and Kalista is still ahead of him.
Ah, thanks for noticing that. You're right Zac would be below Kalista and Udyr.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: {{champion:110}} has Conqueror, Conqueror Championship and Victorious are chosen by Riot therefore you should change the list, Riot said on multiple accounts that they def count because they only chose skins for them if there is no other skins in development for them, plus you already counted in Championship Kalista.
I know he already got Conqueror, that is counted in the first list which is my primary one that I use. The second one is for people who don't count Esports related skins because every time I do one of these, someone complains that Esports skins don't count or some shit, so now I need to keep track of both types!
Rioter Comments
: Ight, Time to get Downvoted :)
I don't think it's bad, if anything it's kind of...decent? We'll go with decent. I don't, however, think it should be his first skin after his launch. That's my issue. It's like Kled all over again.
: I actually thought it was pretty cool
Then you are one of the few and I can't really judge you for that.
: Can someone explain this "You can't do this as a first skin after a launch skin"?. Why does this matter at all? of course not everyone is going to like it, I personally love it (even though the name "dunkmaster" could be changed a bit) but my question still stands, why does it matter if its their "first" skin or not?
Because depending on how long a newly released champ has to wait for their next skin, it better be one that the mains are really going to enjoy and want to buy from Riot's standpoint. If not, the people who play that champ, who've waited who knows how long, and get a skin that is of a lower quality/not what they really wanted to see come true will feel like a punch to gut/nuts. People at some point may have already come up with cool concepts that would work well with a champ and that Riot could easily make (since they've done so in the past like with DS Orianna). When they fail to deliver on one of those fan concepts OR a concept on their own that those mains despise, it just feels like Riot made it to still keep them around, say they still remember the champ and just get those players to shut up.
Rioter Comments
AIQ (NA)
: It was a joke sorry, not very clear. I was saying... Deadly Monsters = Human side Intelligent/common = Dragon side Calling human monsters. lol I agree with you points and Yvva lack of motivation is a writing error. Just a complete miss, but if they had one like the old lore and she still had more eggs it would explain the old lore better why it took Yvva so long to find them. Sorry, I got what you were saying mixed up, it's only in the old lore. I thought you were looking for an explanation in general. I usually make massive post, so I tried condensing it and I did a terrible job lol. What do you think Darkstar Shyvana, her stomach is a Black hole in both forms, E is like a comet, W absorbs the area around her. When a dragon dies and Shyvana is near it gets consumed by her Blackhole.
Ah, a joke. That would make sense. Darkstar Shyvana...I would say I'm mixed on. I do love Dark Star but I don't really feel like she could fully fit into the theme. That and I would also argue that due to her Darkflame skin that it wouldn't be possible, since both are of the dark purple color scheme. Now Cosmic Shyvana, on the other hand, I could definitely see happening.
: @Riot, Please listen to the lore fans and revert Shyvana
I was thinking this more of a Varus situation but Zac now that I look back also comes to mind. But yeah, I would rather have her lore reverted or looked at and revised again for a compensation, similar to Varus.
AIQ (NA)
: > She is a hybrid of arguably one of the deadly monsters on Runeterra and one of the most common, wide spread intelligent beings as well. Dragons are smart, but are they very common in Runeterra? These are the core issues. Another point I did like related to her siblings is it gave Yvva a reason to wait. I believe the Rune shard is why she is a hybrid if I'm reading that right.
I never really state that dragons are smart (though I'm not implying they're dumb, I just didn't mention that for them), I was stating that the intelligent beings were humans. And even then, dragons don't have to be in great numbers to still be considered very deadly beasts. This is just how history has viewed them, where one dragon can cause so much chaos and destruction. I will agree with Yvva staying with her young, I do know that part. I also do think it's an interesting add to say Shyvana now has siblings, that's a good thing to add. But as a whole, with Yvva going after Shyvana, there's no clear motivation for her. She senses her still but it's not clear whether she's out to find and bring her back, kill her like in the previous story or just discover if it really is her. She just goes searching, torches some houses, doesn't find her until the end of the story and even then they just brawl. It's not fully clear on what Yvva is trying to actually do with Shyvana. That's my issue. Finally, to your comment about the Rune shard, where is that mentioned in this new lore? Shyvana is the way she is just because. The mage isn't described as doing anything to her, he just grabs her as an egg and runs. There's no context on what actually made her a hybrid than a normal dragon. In the previous lore, it states that a mage did try tampering with her egg and so there is some context. In this new rendition, nothing.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Yordle OR Feed!
Rioter Comments
: Why Do You Play A Champion?
{{champion:102}}: did start playing her back I believe in season 5 when she got strong, but mainly was interested in the half-dragon theme along with her lore as I read up on it. And soon after her splashart update, I just was set on her for a while. Seriously the splash made her go from a 3/10 to a full 11/10 for me. {{champion:202}} : he just captures a pure psychopath that I can't help but fall in love with. Crazy murderer but still has style. {{champion:31}} Was one, if not the, first champ I tried to save up for way back in the day simply because I wanted to play a kaiju type champ. Was and still am a huge Godzilla fan and with Cho being able to grow and feel like a giant monster, I knew I had to play him.
Reiizm (NA)
: Lore facts that sound like bullshit but are actually 100% true
{{champion:99}} unintentionally helped set up the Communist Mage revolution. {{champion:236}} 's wife is now part of a light source {{champion:107}} killed his dad because he was too lazy
Moody P (NA)
: What could Malphite be?
My ideas: * Some magical elemental created over time and has finally awakened from the mountain of Targon (or what other mountain may be) * An offspring creation during the Rune War, maybe the energy within the conflict caused him to come to life * Basic golem like creature that existed long ago but may be the last one left simply due to time * Maybe an elemental god, similar to how Janna is an elemental of air (or something like that, I haven't really read Janna's lore) But overall, he first needs a full rework if anything is to happen to his lore.
kayochan (NA)
: Honestly all the old Champs need VU's(ofc excluding the ones who are already updated lol)...They just look outdated as hell. Even the more popular champs (lux and ahri) need VU's its not that their current model is bad but its just outdated with the new champs and what not. Just polishing the game would be nice as a goal for 2019. I was hoping 2019 would be the focus for that, but alas we still have pizza feet champs, and mordekaiser still looks like a trash can.
> [{quoted}](name=kayochan,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sfffpBsv,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2019-02-28T15:39:33.861+0000) > > Honestly all the old Champs need VU's(ofc excluding the ones who are already updated lol)...They just look outdated as hell. Ok, well by what extent are you using to define a champion as "old"? As in their model is still the same from the game's initial release/beta? That their kit isn't up to standards to today's League? >Even the more popular champs (lux and ahri) need VU's its not that their current model is bad but its just outdated with the new champs and what not. Isn't saying it's outdated still saying it's bad? Also, Riot doesn't do pure VUs anymore. The only way that can happen is with a full VGU, either on a Sion or Ezreal scale. What about all the other champs that desparately need updates like Fiddle? Riot should just keep them under the tire to update the already popular champs with their constant new skins? >Just polishing the game would be nice as a goal for 2019. I was hoping 2019 would be the focus for that, but alas we still have pizza feet champs, and mordekaiser still looks like a trash can. VGU one could argue are a way of polishing the game, and Riot still is working on updating champs, such as Mord currently. Outside of that, with how the community has been reacting to Riot's balance decisions for quite some time now, do you really think that was going to be a goal that everyone could agree was going to happen?
: Who do you think needs VGU or VU’s?
VGUs (varying in size and depth) {{champion:32}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:2}} (?){{champion:76}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:102}} VUs {{champion:22}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:59}} (?){{champion:85}} (?){{champion:89}} {{champion:68}}
SS1986 (NA)
: This is on the pbe
yeah, NO! I hate Tryndamere with a passion because of this stupid bullshit. Granted, it is for late game, but it's so fucking stupid that a champ can just get extra crit for free without any items, let alone getting up to 50%. Fucking hate this champ with a passion, not sure why they haven't reworked him yet. IF these go through, I'm going to start perma banning him again. (Am a little tipsy while writting this but my argument is still the same through).
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Kayle face needs some work
I personally would rather have her keep her helmet on, at least for her base skins and whatever other skins she does have with it. I just don't like the look of this as she evolves. Wings are fine but I want to see the helmet (and maybe keep adding armor instead of removing it).
: Gotta say: Not a fan of Kayle's new look.
I'm kind of mixed on this. I do kind of like the direction in the beginning (even though to me it looks too Demacian), but it still needs work. She needs to have a bit more armor in the beginning and over the course of the game instead gain more heavier looking armor and also keep her helmet. Make her evolve into something like Imperious from Diablo III, that's what I want to imagine her. Not some holy-er verion of Dawnbringer Riven. That's just me though.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I mean, DPS mages now have a Keystone I guess... but Cassio's fucking nuts already, maybe she'll need some gutting after this...
They already nerfed her this patch and if this does go through, then I just seeing this as problematic for her and many, MANY more champs. I just don't know what Riot is trying to do with this keystone anymore.
: is it a nerf or buff?
That's what I want people to discuss. I think overall it's a buff as it's now available to more champs, both AD and AP but while the true damage is cut in half, you're now healing and getting way more damage stat increases, like old fervor. The only difference that I can see is that it only procs on champs, which can be a nerf when you think about it along with the no refresh for melee, but overall still is feeling like a buff.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: It's been 3 years since super galaxy Shyvana?
Yup. Amazing how time flies. Sucks though since she is (or at this point was) one of my favorites. :(
: IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, From **I Am Carlos**, > "Now let's talk about how we choose which skins we make for champions. It's a balance between three things: How much a champion is being played, whether they fit into the theme we're working on, and finally, when was the last time they got a skin?" **SOURCE: ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8lmryL_8QA He talks about skins that we should expect soon for {{champion:26}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:427}}, the return of PROJECT, Star Guardians, Arcade, along with newly themed skins alike the ones we're supposed to get for the upcoming V.S. event that's between Cat's and Dog's (**Fizz** is also featured to be receiving a dog themed skin). **Nunu & Willump** as well as **Anivia** were both revealed to receive "Papercraft" skins; https://twitter.com/RiotOhmu/status/1092852108536176640 https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1092845560577454080 He officially announces that they'll be releasing KDA Prestige skin editions for {{champion:28}} {{champion:103}}, both of which we should expect early in the year Lastly, we should be getting **legendary skins** for {{champion:202}} {{champion:238}} **Udyr, Skarner, Mordekaiser,** and **Nocturne** likely won't get anymore skins until they've been reworked.. all that have been mentioned have been confirmed to get a rework at some point and I believe a Rioter confirmed that Morde and Udyr are relatively high on that list to be next.
I am aware of the news of the new skins and what Carlos said. However, I made this list before the skins were revealed and I usually check off those on the list when I do these again after they hit live (I just don't like counting them as soon as they hit PBE, it's just a me thing).
: Holy crap.. has it actually been that long since surprise party Udyr?? Wow.. time flies.
Yup. Makes me feel old sometimes when I realize this stuff.
: Poor kalista doesnt even have a normal skin, only esports skins and her release skin. Also I'm surprised Pool Party Taric was that long ago ;o;
Yes, Kalista hasn't had a whole lot of luck when it comes to skins. If I wasn't counting Esports skins, she'd definitely be number one and up to old-Yorick levels of no new skin.
: Taliyah didn't get a skin in 988 days. Esport skins don't count so she is very close to 1000 days too.
I personally count Esports skins because I feel they should count and so the list isn't driving me more insane that it already is. If you want, when I make another one of these in the future, I can try adding in a separate list not counting Esports (but it will be worse).
: Nunu technically got a full set of new skins with his rework; The rework is remarkably different from his roots, and so are all his skins. I think he can sit on those for a while longer.
> [{quoted}](name=Lemonfaace,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6w2pwgLh,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2019-02-05T13:40:41.971+0000) > > Nunu technically got a full set of new skins with his rework; The rework is remarkably different from his roots, and so are all his skins. I think he can sit on those for a while longer. How many times must I try to defend this? **A VGU does not mean a champ has gotten new skins!** As for the rework, how is it different from his roots? He still is a counter jungler, but is more supportive now than ever. He's kept his Q and ult, snowballs are tweaked on how they work, his Blood Boil miraculously he kept and is his passive now, and the only brand new ability is the giant rolling snowball. On top of this, his skins are not fully different. Sasquatch, Enforcer, NunuBot and almost every other single one of his skins feel the same as before, with the argument of Grungy being changed from Sesame St. to Where the Wild Things Are feel. And outside of all this, apparently he's already getting a new skin from the looks of it.
CxyYuu (NA)
: How is a vgu not a new skin? A vgu is even better than getting a new skin?
I don't count VGU's as getting new skins, as I've already stated. They don't add anything to the champs existing roster of skins that they already have. VGU's at best heavily change a look of pre-existing skins to fit a theme better, such as Urgot's crab skin to be more Kaiju than B-movie monster themed. It's like if you changed the paint scheme on a car you own, like those fancy ones where art shows up when you pour water on them, and try saying that it's a new car you just bought. It's not the same, it's still the same car, just with a different, modified look. Farthest extent that one can argue is Akali with her crimson skin being changed to Infernal/Inferno, but as a counterargument, crimson was basically no more than a chroma, the original if you will, and so there was room to change the theme super heavily. But, again, it didn't change how many pre-existing skins she had during that time and I'll even stretch my argument that the remaining theme from this rework is with the color red, just going for a more solid theme than just a color pallet swap. If you still want to think that a VGU is a new skin, fine you do you but I'll still say you're wrong and we'll have to agree to disagree.
: to be fair: morde shouldnt get a new skin. at first he needs a complete delete and then a rework so his 200+ bugs are gone aswell
Morde is currently getting reworked and so he won't have any skins coming out soon, until his rework launches. By then he'll be eligible for new skins but that may be time dependent as some champs who've been reworked have either gotten skins rather quickly (Irelia, Akali) or taken a long while (Yorick, Urgot).
: What about a skin for velkoz from the table top skin set. He could be a beholder or some other similar aberration.
This! Yes! I've been throwing that idea around and it would make no sense not to do that! Seriously I would buy that on launch!
Esdese (EUW)
: Where's Ivern?
Not quite near the 100 day mark yet. Though from the video that Riot released not long ago mentioning him, he should be getting a skin sometime this year, if not soon.
Larriet (NA)
: How do you count Varus and not Taliyah? Conqueror Varus was considered a "normal" (scheduled) skin release, whereas SSG Taliyah was not.
I have fixed this with Varus. As with Taliyah, I always count team skins as they are a skin that you can still obtain through some common means, such as purchases or crafting. That's just how I do it. If you want to make your own list with your own rules, I won't stop you.
QMighty (NA)
: What's the difference between Conquerer Varus/Victorious Maokai compared to the team skins, which you don't count? Personally I think any of the esports skins shouldn't count when considering the neglected champs (the most egregious continues to be {{champion:429}} )
I count skins that can be obtainable through more common means, such as direct purchases and, though not super reliable, crafting. This means I count team skins and skins like Conq. Varus. Skins that cannot be obtained regularly, such as reaching gold for Victorious skins, I don't count as not everyone can have a chance of obtaining those skins. Furthermore, if I didn't count team skins, this list would be a lot larger and drive me insane.
man of tin (EUNE)
: Morde will probably get one after his rework.
Possibly, but it probably won't be as quick to be made or released like say Swain (who probably got his skin during his rework). It may be a while after he's reworked 'til he gets a new one.
: {{champion:133}} ?
Her last skin was February 2 2017, which now is just over 2 years or 720 days. Not quite there to make it on the list.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: Conqueror {{champion:110}} is counted on normal release, it is decided by Riot therefore it is okay.
You are...correct, that was an error on my end. Must of forgot to count that one. I'll change that soon.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Forhonor321

Level 109 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion