rujitra (NA)
: "I'm about to get demoted and you're playing like shit, why don't you just AFK and be a decent person since you can't play"
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=e1HJazcH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-29T09:57:20.336+0000) > > "I'm about to get demoted and you're playing like shit, why don't you just AFK and be a decent person since you can't play" Yes, because there's no way Riot could possibly see that in chat while reviewing someone being reported for AFK.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: If it's ok to penalize us for losing a 4v5 can we get a bonus for winning one?
It happened again, this time with a Mundo against their Riven. Why is my account flagged for ragequitters all of a sudden?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
darkdill (NA)
: 1v9'd again. How familiar.
There are 135 champions other than Kassadin and Lux. I question why you didn't play one of them instead.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: How to make sure a player gets perma banned?
I see from the defendant's match history that he has another 11 games today of 0 items, 0/0/0, with 0 cs. So I guess Riot's cool with that?
Rioter Comments
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fructivore,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jnfxaGGb,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-09T05:15:47.164+0000) > > So, we are told that it takes only one report to review a game, but that the process takes time. What exactly takes so much time? What is Riot seeing in this player's match history that we're not? Well person probably received many LeaverBuster punishments.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jnfxaGGb,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-05-09T05:55:06.001+0000) > > Well person probably received many LeaverBuster punishments. I don't think the leaverbuster punishments are having their intended effect of reforming him. What else you got, Riot?
: How to make sure a player gets perma banned?
So, we are told that it takes only one report to review a game, but that the process takes time. What exactly takes so much time? What is Riot seeing in this player's match history that we're not?
: How to make sure a player gets perma banned?
Looking at this player's match history, he has 2 games out of the last like 30 where he hasn't gone 0/0/0 with no items, over the last three days. Instant feedback system not so instant, apparently.
Chermorg (NA)
: A system like that would encourage players to AFK/leave games as players in lower Elo ratings don't tend to keep up with the rules such as "if you leave game your premade gets loss too" or similar. Even if AFK/leave is the same rate as it is now, you still have *some* players getting LP back from this sort of game - which is *not* super super uncommon. While it would not be the end of the world, it is still an issue that would plague the LP system if this was implemented.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cL7PbhJF,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-07T22:49:40.582+0000) > > It's not really days and days, but they may have time to enter another game or two - even for automated punishments. > > Regardless, you still have not considered that the Elo based LP/MMR systems are both transactional systems - they work because LP is "exchanged" between the winning and losing teams in approximately the same amount. If you eliminate or even reduce LP loss for a losing team *for any reason* you're enlarging that gap - which would lead to LP inflation across the board, moving the "average" rank from mid-high silver up to gold, or even higher than that. Then charge the trolling player all the LP that is refunded to the rest of the team. And if someone does wind up Bronze V with -1200 LP, you know who's on the short list to be permabanned. > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cL7PbhJF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-07T21:07:04.407+0000) > > Many of the punishments for intentionally feeding are not issued instantly but sometimes hours later, even days in some cases. How do you correct for this? > > Furthermore, how do you prevent people afking and taking the LeaverBuster just so their team doesn't lose LP? Because you can see that in chat, or you can notice a player with a suspicious pattern of it. And if a player does grind up a ton of fresh level 30 accounts just to sacrifice for his teammate, Riot will just have to deal with that as it happens.
KuraSei (NA)
: Please ban this. You must act Riot
Are you sure he wasn't just having 27 bad games in a row?
: Can someone explain what Riot does about players intentionally letting the enemy team win in ranked?
Nothing at all. You can't distinguish sitting in fountain and typing from just having a bad game, apparently.
: Disconnections in Promos
Nope. Riot doesn't think you deserve to be promoted if you can't win a game with trolls, intentional feeders, or afks on your team. No lp refunds, no loss forgiveness during promos, everything working as intended.
: > [{quoted}](name=Fructivore,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rQJ7hcO4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-26T00:03:38.414+0000) > > In Riot's opinion, if you can't regularly carry a feeder, afk, or troll, you don't deserve to rank up. thats very wrong. it might seem like it, but they are trying to make ranked a more toxic-free enviroment.
> [{quoted}](name=breakordoom444,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rQJ7hcO4,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-04-26T02:28:00.406+0000) > > thats very wrong. > it might seem like it, but they are trying to make ranked a more toxic-free enviroment. Based on the traffic on this board, with the same complaints being voiced now that were being voiced 3 years ago, I'm not convinced they're trying hard enough.
: Then how would you design a system for that? Because many game companies would love it. Does it suck that it takes time? Yes, absolutely. But there is no way at this time to make a system that would accurately punish only trolls and not innocent players.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2zJGEiEA,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-26T01:39:45.227+0000) > > Then how would you design a system for that? Because many game companies would love it. > > Does it suck that it takes time? Yes, absolutely. But there is no way at this time to make a system that would accurately punish only trolls and not innocent players. An automated system, probably not, except being able to search for Forbidden Words in people's chatlogs. But, for example when someone says "gg, enjoy your loss" or some such thing and then immediately disconnects, it's more likely to be a ragequitter than him miraculously having Internet problems at that exact moment, and in my view, that is toxicity that requires manual punishment rather than something you can leave up to an automated system like Leaverbuster. And if Riot relies on its player base to report bad behavior, it seems a little insulting that my reports apparently have no consequence for the people I report. And if I can get so many of these miscreants in the space of 48 hours, whatever Riot is doing isn't enough. They were all gung-ho about zero tolerance for hate speech. Why not zero tolerance for trolling?
: Because they may get consequences down the line. However, if you leave it to chance that another person will report them instead, then you risk that they will go even longer without a penalty. If no one reports in a game, as far as the system is concerned they did nothing wrong. Things take time.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2zJGEiEA,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-26T01:25:35.424+0000) > > Because they may get consequences down the line. However, if you leave it to chance that another person will report them instead, then you risk that they will go even longer without a penalty. If no one reports in a game, as far as the system is concerned they did nothing wrong. > > Things take time. But why should they take time? The rules don't say "don't troll repeatedly;" they say "don't troll." If you can avoid punishment just by trolling a few of your games instead of all of them, then something isn't working correctly.
: >when your company budget for taking care of actually problematic players is zero Oh, so that's why people whine on this board about being banned every single day... (and this is just for NA).
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6oEH5ZwY,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-24T17:31:21.106+0000) > > Oh, so that's why people whine on this board about being banned every single day... (and this is just for NA). When was the last time you saw someone on this board whine about being banned for trolling as opposed to something they said in chat? Seems like Riot is fine with any game-ruining trolling you want to do as long as you keep quiet in chat about it.
: Yes your account is flagged for trolling. Because Riot has decided they hate you and want to suffer. /s There is no black and white answer because they don't want to get a bunch of false positives from simply bad players. Report and move on.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2zJGEiEA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-26T01:05:11.547+0000) > > Yes your account is flagged for trolling. Because Riot has decided they hate you and want to suffer. /s > > There is no black and white answer because they don't want to get a bunch of false positives from simply bad players. Report and move on. I have reported and moved on. But that hasn't solved the problem. If the people I report don't actually get any consequences from my reporting them, what's the point?
: First, lets go ahead and address the thing you mainly want. A notification saying someone was punished. Those things are incredibly unreliable. Does Riot support trolling? No. But gameplay and intention is harder to prove. Therefore it takes longer.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2zJGEiEA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-26T00:53:21.280+0000) > > First, lets go ahead and address the thing you mainly want. A notification saying someone was punished. > Those things are incredibly unreliable. > > Does Riot support trolling? > No. But gameplay and intention is harder to prove. Therefore it takes longer. I don't require the notification. I can see from their ample post-trolling match history that they haven't been punished. So how long should it take and what percentage of games are you allowed to troll in consequence-free? And why are so many of them in my games all of a sudden? Is my account flagged for trolling or something?
: Riot Needs To Revise The "Leaverbuster" Penalty
My Internet connection is almost always reliable, so much so that I can't even remember the last time my Internet disconnected me, and I would say I have at least 10 times the number of afk's in my team than I afk myself. So if anything, I think leaverbuster should be harsher.
Rioter Comments
Ansgar 1 (EUW)
: THESE 3 PLAYERS JUST DEMTORED ME PLS ANYONE WORKING AT RIOT READ THIS HELP!
Are you sure the 3 of them weren't just having a bad game? Riot won't punish them unless that can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, and probably not even then.
: Games held hostage,
In Riot's opinion, if you can't regularly carry a feeder, afk, or troll, you don't deserve to rank up.
: Opponents have the same chance.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RFEjVaoQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-25T17:05:45.350+0000) > > Opponents have the same chance. Except that it's co-op vs ai, so not really.
: I don't understand. you say they went bot despite being unaware that they were bot? What's the problem?
> [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KWW86ZyR,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-25T07:52:01.452+0000) > > I don't understand. you say they went bot despite being unaware that they were bot? > > What's the problem? Sorry. I'm saying they thought they were mid so they locked in Kassadin, but they were actually bot. It was a draft game.
: Rito needs to do more about player behavior
Don't hold your breath. In the last 2 days I've had 2 straight up ragequitters, one Anivia who decided to duo mid with me just so he could try and get me killed with his wall, and one Ashe who wished death on her support's mom. 0 reports of any punishment taken, and based on their match histories 3 of them have gone on to play plenty of games. What is the point of having these player behavior policies if Riot isn't going to enforce them?
: Can you report people for not knowing what role they were assigned to?
That's very interesting, but it's not what I asked. He did go bot as Kassadin, but he wasn't aware that he was bot until it was too late, and he did about as well as you would expect.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Should you report a ragequitter if your team does better once he leaves?
Well, I see from my Lee's match history that he hasn't received any consequences from his rage quittery that I can detect. Is rage quitting punished more harshly than normal quitting, because I think it should be.
: Idea: Reporting for Poor Matchmaking
Well, it would help with my current rash of uncarryable games. I haven't been dominating mid today, but in 3 of my last 4 games , bot lane seems to be down by double digits before I can do anything about it. Why are you punishing me, Riot?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Revenge trolling
I agree, but it was a genuine accident and I apologized. Are you saying that it justifies being trolled back for revenge?
Invidie (NA)
: is riot gonna do anything about this?
If I found the right Thresh from your match history, he has played two games since yours, so Riot is just fine with his conduct.
zPOOPz (NA)
: how do you accidentally banned a teammate pick? There's a little icon on the champ itself even if you didn't see the intended pick
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E323h2tq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-23T23:58:31.013+0000) > > how do you accidentally banned a teammate pick? There's a little icon on the champ itself even if you didn't see the intended pick I'm just that good, I guess. We lost, though. It turns out double mid and no top isn't the ideal strategy.
Rioter Comments
: Mana Flow Band Bug
Sion player here, had same problem at 150 stacks.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: So 2 afks in my ranked matches costed me my promos.....
In Riot's opinion, if you can't carry a 4v5 you don't deserve to be promoted. Working as intended.
Jo0o (NA)
: You're suggesting that the system would NOT forgive LP loss because it'll detect somebody being asked to AFK out? Creating a sub-game of trying to bully under-performing players to AFK without triggering the system? Seems healthy. You also seem to be under the impression that LP losses due to ranked AFKs aren't eventually recovered by LP GAINS due to ranked AFKs on the opposite team.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QpWdtAXR,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-02T22:31:14.340+0000) > > You're suggesting that the system would NOT forgive LP loss because it'll detect somebody being asked to AFK out? Creating a sub-game of trying to bully under-performing players to AFK without triggering the system? Seems healthy. > > You also seem to be under the impression that LP losses due to ranked AFKs aren't eventually recovered by LP GAINS due to ranked AFKs on the opposite team. I'm suggesting that in the last day and a half I've had one straight up AFK, two people who disconnected halfway through the game and never came back, and two people who sat around in base for 10 minutes complaining about lag. Those five games add up to almost a promo series. And based on the lack of notification and the fact that these players all have subsequent games on their match histories, either I'm having the world's worst luck or Riot actually does think I should be carrying those games.
Show more

Fructivore

Level 98 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion