: define func(champion) if champion = poplar * true * get new skin * false * func(champion) Riot hire me as a dev
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AfT2TjLm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-11T22:08:14.777+0000) > > define func(champion) > if champion = poplar > > * true > * get new skin > * false > * func(champion) > > Riot hire me as a dev your block of code iterates itself. fail ur fired
: I know the MSI event messed it up, but its weird that they are prioritising a Dark Cosmic Jhin login while Mordekaiser only gets a theme on youtube (Its looking like Qiyana is going to suffer the same fate.) I mean I prefer the Jhin one but I feel Mordekaiser deserves it more.
> [{quoted}](name=Ritrozark,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ub71H1F3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-07T15:57:15.288+0000) > > I know the MSI event messed it up, but its weird that they are prioritising a Dark Cosmic Jhin login while Mordekaiser only gets a theme on youtube (Its looking like Qiyana is going to suffer the same fate.) I mean I prefer the Jhin one but I feel Mordekaiser deserves it more. That's easy. The Jhin login advertises a skin which makes them money. Morde rework does not.
: Oh that's already a thing? Huh, nevermind then.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cEEelTsk,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T22:09:40.195+0000) > > Oh that's already a thing? Huh, nevermind then. obv it doesn't negate the sound, but Noc blind makes Sion ult basically impossible to dodge if Sion is off-screen when Noc ults.
: The only concern is the synergy between that and Sion/Kled's ult, or any other ability that uses sound as an indicator. But who knows.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cEEelTsk,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-06-02T18:50:25.726+0000) > > The only concern is the synergy between that and Sion/Kled's ult, or any other ability that uses sound as an indicator. But who knows. I've used this to great effect in 4.19 when Sion got reworked, to great success. It's not a new thing. Nocturne's ult makes it so Sion and Kled's ult will hit almost 100%.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: League of Legends [GUIDE] Detailed Ward Spots| Ward Tricks season 9
Essentially the same video as the one posted by Nasteey in October 2018 except for Mid to Jungle bush
: > [{quoted}](name=Furious Delisha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IYbsNOYb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T00:48:17.298+0000) > > He is a big drunk dude who owns a piece of true ice. He uses it to chill his grog and therefore he is one of the most powerful drunks on Runeterra. > He takes orders from nobody and he will fight you regardless of who you are. If you underestimate him he will fuck your shit up. > > Enter Gragas. You should apply to be a narrative writer.
> [{quoted}](name=SkiptoMyLuo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IYbsNOYb,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T19:43:17.659+0000) > > You should apply to be a narrative writer. This comment is getting screenshotted onto my resume
: Well, it's not my bad that you can't understand :) I'll try to explain in a way, that even you might understand it. Quote from you: "you are not good enough to say you deserve the win otherwise" He is "not good enough" to say something, in your opinion. This is clearly similar to the argument, "you are not good enough to say something, because you are S2". TBH what I said, makes even more sense than you, since you have no idea how much impact does a missing summoner have on early game. In S2 the whole thing is a shitstorm brawl, the jungler wont camp the lane with the missing summoner, the opposing laners wont pressure them enough, in low ELO it has an effect on the game accidentally. But in hight elo the players will force this effect, not by just a lucky coincidence, when the jungler happens to gank that lane....
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E5TIKEiN,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T16:36:34.742+0000) > > Well, it's not my bad that you can't understand :) > > I'll try to explain in a way, that even you might understand it. > > Quote from you: "you are not good enough to say you deserve the win otherwise" > > He is "not good enough" to say something, in your opinion. This is clearly similar to the argument, "you are not good enough to say something, because you are S2". TBH what I said, makes even more sense than you, since you have no idea how much impact does a missing summoner have on early game. In S2 the whole thing is a shitstorm brawl, the jungler wont camp the lane with the missing summoner, the opposing laners wont pressure them enough, in low ELO it has an effect on the game accidentally. But in hight elo the players will force this effect, not by just a lucky coincidence, when the jungler happens to gank that lane.... You are equating a quantifyable ranking with the relative notion of climbing, which is relative. Let me ask you this, then. What rank is "good enough"? At what rank would someone be qualified to discuss climbing ranking or losing games? And then the follow up question for me is why are you the one who gets to decide which rank is qualified? Also you are using strawman arguments by creating hypothetical situations that you merely assume occur in my games and basing your argument on such hypotheticals, but that's besides my point.
: Playing High/Drunk in Ranked should be bannable
Anyone with any knowledge of law whatsoever would know that this idea is silly. How would you prove they are actually high/drunk? How would you prove they are not lying? How would you prove that their inebriation is the reason for their poor play?
: That might be the case in silver. The first 20s are nothing because you don't know how to use the advantage you get in the early game. You guys are focused on kills, not game objectives/win. Try to give a Plat+ a First Blood and a red buff in the game start to see what happens.
> [{quoted}](name=RaidMataBemMort0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E5TIKEiN,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-05-20T08:22:11.766+0000) > > That might be the case in silver. The first 20s are nothing because you don't know how to use the advantage you get in the early game. You guys are focused on kills, not game objectives/win. Try to give a Plat+ a First Blood and a red buff in the game start to see what happens. Not really. It's like you folks forget what smurf accounts are the moment you come into the boards. Discounting opinions solely based on rank is a foolish thing to do. That said, if you want verification from a Master level player just watch any master+ streamer then. They come back from early invades all the time. To say you lose the game in the first 20 sec is ludicrous.
: > [{quoted}](name=Furious Delisha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KNrpjjaw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-20T00:44:46.192+0000) > > For a 40-minute game you have a fairly tame kill score what was the total takedowns on your team? If it was say, 40 then you did not participate in enough takedowns. > > Also you died four times I don't even know what you mean by takedown, I was trying to play extremely safely, but the fucking crit cancer Yasuo just got to me.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KNrpjjaw,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-05-20T07:40:37.985+0000) > > I don't even know what you mean by takedown, I was trying to play extremely safely, but the fucking crit cancer Yasuo just got to me. Exactly my point. If you were playing so "safe" that you only participated in say, 20% of your teams kills/assists, then that is also marked against you.
: Well, If he is not good enough, because he could not win a game with a summoner on CD by start, then you are not good enough to talk on Boards, dear S2 ;) To clarify, I have no problem with silver players, every game has new players or just simply bad ones. I just wanted to show, how your argument makes no sense. And FYI, starting with a summoner handicap in higher ELO games is impactful.
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E5TIKEiN,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-05-20T08:48:32.450+0000) > > Well, If he is not good enough, because he could not win a game with a summoner on CD by start, then you are not good enough to talk on Boards, dear S2 ;) > > To clarify, I have no problem with silver players, every game has new players or just simply bad ones. I just wanted to show, how your argument makes no sense. > > And FYI, starting with a summoner handicap in higher ELO games is impactful. It's really sad to see somebody on the boards unwittingly disparaging themselves. You can be any MMR and discuss the topic of climbing ranks, because that is a topic that is relevant to every MMR. I could be Iron III and it would still apply. Your argument is the one that makes no sense.
: So what's Gragas' lore?
He is a big drunk dude who owns a piece of true ice. He uses it to chill his grog and therefore he is one of the most powerful drunks on Runeterra. He takes orders from nobody and he will fight you regardless of who you are. If you underestimate him he will fuck your shit up. Enter Gragas.
: How much CS by fucking 40 mins?
For a 40-minute game you have a fairly tame kill score what was the total takedowns on your team? If it was say, 40 then you did not participate in enough takedowns. Also you died four times
: The current state of ADC balance is statistically awful
What is your point and what is your solution? It is not outlined in your post.
: Maybe a Spoiler alert next time?
Other sports do not withhold the outcome of the game why would you expect Esports to do it differently. It's a sport not a movie
: Players that dont leave the base until 20s in ranked games should be punished losing League Points
Get over it, if you're "losing games" over what happens in the first 20 seconds you are not good enough to say you deserve the win otherwise
: Can we all get those rewards too?
what even constitutes "new player?"
: Yuumi is actually pretty good, just not with marksmen.
Had a game with a Nidalee Yuumi combo. They never died (double heal) and caught out everything (Spear and slow). I basically got carried 2v5
: To the Unsung Hero Who Updated Feast Indicator
I didn't even know there was an indicator, and I'm a Cho main. I just looked at the Hp value using left click
: > [{quoted}](name=Furious Delisha,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JQsdM00R,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-05-15T23:11:09.969+0000) > > symbiotic parasite..... > > that's literally an oxymoron You know that thing that eats the fish's tongue and then replaces it?
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JQsdM00R,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2019-05-15T23:22:05.093+0000) > > You know that thing that eats the fish's tongue and then replaces it? yeah, that's just a parasite.
: I think Yuumi's win rate is heavily suffering from people genuinely not knowing how to use her.
: Randuin already works, and I think the only other item that would be enabled by OP's idea would be Righteous Glory, so that doesn't change much. Am I missing something?
> [{quoted}](name=DeathBurst,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tymYsu1p,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-05-15T07:35:09.921+0000) > > Randuin already works, and I think the only other item that would be enabled by OP's idea would be Righteous Glory, so that doesn't change much. Am I missing something? Yep RG is what I was talking about. Randuins is nice, but Garen's main problem is getting on top of people in the first place, and RG+Glacial heavily mitigates this issue.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: Cultured Garen players
King should be Glacial Garen, Aftershock Garen should be a pooh bear with head tilted and drooling
mcjubber (NA)
: Being a player that is bad at one role.
We've been asking for this feature ever since day 1 of the role select feature. Riot is not going to implement it. How long has it been? since Season 5? 6? In any case the reason why they haven't done anything to fix the client or anything related is because they prob got some intern software dev to create the client and it is so spaghetti-coded that they literally don't know how fo change it, or don't want to 'cause they made it 10x harder to change stuff by hard coding content. Good idea, never going to happen. Riot knows they can't prove me wrong.
: Is it possible to make a tank item with the catalyst of aeons passive for non magic damage tanks?
I would conjecture such an item would simply be in direct competition with Frozen Fist / Iceborn Gauntlet. No need for a new item.
Omarowh (EUW)
: Create a rune that makes manaless champions build mana items
This idea would make Garen absolutely busted with Glacial Augment. The only thing stopping him from using it is his inability to make good use of active items with slows on them.
Naalith (NA)
: The problem is Annie is basically the mage version of Garen, supposed to be extremely easy to get new people into the game. There aren't a lot of champions like that and I doubt Riot would want to make Annie viable for high levels of play because new people would lose one of the only characters that is super easy to learn League on. Most of the easy to learn characters aren't mages, either, so it would be double bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3ouWYVsX,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-12T20:21:48.195+0000) > > The problem is Annie is basically the mage version of Garen, supposed to be extremely easy to get new people into the game. There aren't a lot of champions like that and I doubt Riot would want to make Annie viable for high levels of play because new people would lose one of the only characters that is super easy to learn League on. Most of the easy to learn characters aren't mages, either, so it would be double bad. If you make a new account you will find that the new beginner friendly mage of choice is actually Brand. Annie requires you to combo and control your bear for damage without making it obvious. Brand on the other hand makes it very clear how to play him. Hit lots of spells in a row for bonus effects. Easy, simple.
: Can rammus make you climb if I stick to him
Hell to the yea! Rammus is amazingly good right now. Max E, focus on movespeed and tank, stay close enough to your team and watch people cry as they melt to nothing
: Comic suggestion
For all we care it could be as janky as a text link "[suggested BGM]" that links to a YT vid or something
Haze97 (EUW)
: Why the fuck is Xin Zhao getting a buff?
strongest lvl 2 gank tho {{champion:154}}
: RITO, shouldn't Tryndamere be part of the rework vote?
Míellá (NA)
: What house did you join?
: yeah..you dont know what youre talking about lmao.
ok don't believe idgaf you think icare about such a trivial thing
: You have any source for these claims? How does the game know you're a smurf or a fresh new player?
source: Riot games. other source: been following this game for 7 years now. other other source: i have personally leveled up more accounts to 30+ than a dozen of your friends have combined, if you have that many.
Bazerka (NA)
: Question: How do you view Riot?
tOHorace (NA)
: Pre-Level 30 norms are the most excruciating thing ever
Real new players get matched against other bad or new players pretty quickly, within 10 games. The reason why you are being matched with toxic smurfs is because you are a smurf. The reason why a beginner friend you may have is getting matched with toxic smurfs would be because he's playing with you.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Ez, lux and graves much like Ahri, Yi, Yasuo, ect are all super popular, it's all about money in the end. So starting off a new theme, they will of course push populars out for it first. Still, those two are confirmed for skins this year, so they are on their way.
After a certain amount of time you can't help but wonder if the champions get new and good skins because they are popular or they are popular because they get new and good skins. All of Xerath's skins are pretty garbage by today's standards btw.
Big Tick (EUW)
: Reducing damage across the board is not a viable solution because of breakpoints.
: My Thoughts On Yuumi As An Enchanter Main
Mediocre heal? wtf late game Taric heals for ~400 health every second it's literally the best heal in the game bar NONE. but i digress yes male enchanter pls :)
SnupRawr (NA)
: Just had someone autolock zed in bots
They are probably looking to get the win of the day bonus. it's just Bots bro
: Am I The Only One Feeling Like My Losses Are Outside Of My Control?
: 3 seconds? Nice. That's triple the average. Also. If you're playing against Morgana and you're eating the full 3 seconds, that's kind of your problem, tenacity exists.
It is usually all AD teams with one Neeko or Morg. Makes way more sense to go ninja tabi..... until it doesn't.
: I feel I shouldn't be 100-0 in 3 seconds as a full stack Cho'gath....
People, I'm talking about teamfights. I get hit by one snare and strike 123 im out of the teamfight automatically, all i can do is Q once and hope I helped cause I'm gone before snare is up. Granted my team will help clean up kills but it should be punishing to focus the tank first. I should NOT be losing to a team who attacks the tank first on purpose.... and I shouldn't be dying in 3 seconds as a tank. It's not like I'm solo diving either. My team is right there with me. I remember in Season 2 when a fed Cho could sit in a 1v5 for 10 seconds doing nothing and then walk away while spamming laugh emote and still survive. Less than 3 seconds TTK is way too fast imo for a 4000-6000+ HP target.
Rioter Comments
: Just a reminder that we still need Reverse Soraka
reverse ivern i wanna play as daisy the whole game
: [Kayle Post] Early item prioritization for Kayle
I will have to give this a try. Kayle's early game is very scary if you can push the first wave and hit Level 2 first with five Stacks still up. in general any item that will help you contest lane and grab 5 Stacks is good. if the enemy has large cooldowns and few escapes i like to grab bilgewater cutlass wait for them to make one bad move and you can 100-10 them and force them out of lane. if they have no sustain, grabbing hextech revolver is surprisingly good. otherwise i just grab stinger and make sure to farm up properly while waiting for 11. (also fuck nasus)
: > [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2WljrLqY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-12T20:38:27.335+0000) > > Simple rule of "hard 50% winrate". If you do too well, matchmaker WILL find a way to forcefully drag you down. That's why winstreaks are followed by massivly unbalanced onesided crappy defeat streaks. This is a misunderstanding of how the matchmaker works. The oft-misquoted "strives for a 50% WR" is the goal of **any** matchmaking system, ever designed, anywhere, because a game you have a 50/50 chance at is the most fair. WR isn't even looked at. What's being looked at is MMR(elo), which you can't see (because we're too stupid to understand it). Those people are in your games because the combined team MMR is within a certain bracket of the opposing team's MMR. All the other stats like winrate, league, and so forth are purely cosmetic - nothing matters to the matchmaker but MMR. Flip a coin 100 times, there will be long runs of heads and long runs of tails. The coin isn't "trying" to do anything. It just happens that way.
No, you are misunderstanding the implementation of the system. If someone is playing basketball at an NCAA level, you don't pair him up with 4 kids off the street and tell them to play against the community adult basketball club to get that 50% win rate. You SHOULD put that NCAA level player in an NCAA level team, against NCAA level opponents. To think that a 50% winrate is reasonable as a means without proper implenentation is ludicrous and dimwitted.
: So what do we think of kayle
Kayle was my first main. I appreciate that Riot is trying to go back to some of their root design philosophies where a Champion has their own unique win condition but in a game where they've already nearly homogenized every Champion to be similar in power curve, Kayle stands out like a sore thumb. Again I appreciate the sentiment and actually find her very fun because you have to engage every aspect of your game knowledge to try and get to level 11/16 without feeding but I can see why a lot of people don't like having to wait that long before their power fantasy kicks in, or having their power tied so heavily to an arbitrary number. After playing her for about 20 or 30 games this week, I can say I don't mind it if they don't change her much. I miss old Kayle, but I said my goodbyes already.
: Do kayles waves count as a auto attack or a ability?
waves count as an ability in respect to effects that apply on abilities like rylai's or luden's.
nGio (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordletana,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v9OxV9gz,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-03-07T06:09:35.684+0000) > > {{champion:266}} Yeah {{champion:84}} you're {{champion:3}} the first person {{champion:104}} to {{champion:114}} have {{champion:39}} this {{champion:14}} issue {{champion:50}} with {{champion:44}} the rework {{champion:6}} of their main {{champion:83}} > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} > Welcome to the club. That will be all thank you. You left out the most bullshit abomination of them all....{{champion:154}} An AP sustain bruiser who had his highest win % in top lane, into some jungle only support thing. Fuck the Eve and Shen reworks too. The WW rework was by far the best job they've done imo, but there have been a lot more shit reworks than good ones.
Karma Xerath and Veigar left in the dust lol
Show more

Furious Delisha

Level 74 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion