: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-03-21T22:53:29.160+0000) > > I am unsure how you read and comprehended this entire post, but got to that conclusion? Besides the fact you even say you want KD to be a factor? Yeah I dunno bro good question actually haha yeah man ya got me you say you want KDA to be a factor but yeah guess not guess I just imagined you said that when it's not actually there you something I guess you right my man haha
> [{quoted}](name=DollaMenunaire,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T13:26:55.354+0000) > > Besides the fact you even say you want KD to be a factor? Yeah I dunno bro good question actually haha yeah man ya got me you say you want KDA to be a factor but yeah guess not guess I just imagined you said that when it's not actually there you something I guess you right my man haha Actually I even included a TL;DR version when this post was made and it shows that I don't just want KDA implemented...how did you miss this ? I think you stopped reading or don't get the post in it's entirety...
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-03-21T22:53:29.160+0000) > > I am unsure how you read and comprehended this entire post, but got to that conclusion? Besides the fact you even say you want KD to be a factor? Yeah I dunno bro good question actually haha yeah man ya got me you say you want KDA to be a factor but yeah guess not guess I just imagined you said that when it's not actually there you something I guess you right my man haha
> [{quoted}](name=DollaMenunaire,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T13:26:55.354+0000) > > Besides the fact you even say you want KD to be a factor? Yeah I dunno bro good question actually haha yeah man ya got me you say you want KDA to be a factor but yeah guess not guess I just imagined you said that when it's not actually there you something I guess you right my man haha So you only saw that part and missed the rest? All you saw is the KDA bit and not the rest? I definitely did not only mention KDA, that's pretty important and why I said the ENTIRE post.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T03:51:17.463+0000) > > This wouldn't be an issue of any form if Soraka had not started trolling. That is obvious from the OP. The source of the problem isn't the OP or anyone going out of their way to cause problems the Soraka is. This is the issue. This is the root. Riot and people who think this current system is fine will not see the overhaul within the community they're looking for if they do not attack the roots of the problem. I'm all for going after roots of problems, but people who contribute to problems are a part of the problem as well. If the soraka had never felt spiteful in the first place then they would not have started trolling. People get spiteful because they talk down to each other and flame. The soraka's behavior would highly likely have stopped if she hadn't been flamed further for it. Regardless of the soraka's behavior, the OP chose to berate a teammate repeatedly, and make passive aggressive comments about blame. All of that contributes to problems for the whole team, and thus it is absolutely punishable.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T15:58:21.674+0000) > > I'm all for going after roots of problems, but people who contribute to problems are a part of the problem as well. > > If the soraka had never felt spiteful in the first place then they would not have started trolling. People get spiteful because they talk down to each other and flame. The soraka's behavior would highly likely have stopped if she hadn't been flamed further for it. > > Regardless of the soraka's behavior, the OP chose to berate a teammate repeatedly, and make passive aggressive comments about blame. All of that contributes to problems for the whole team, and thus it is absolutely punishable. They started trolling after they perceived the team was "ditching" them. Which is simply put not an excuse. This is the source. Their feelings which led to their actions.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:28:54.493+0000) > > This is what I mean by the system being flawed. This kind of player is going unpunished, but someone who's will rise up and be vocally against this exact behavior will get punished. Such behavior only is seen from me if you are constantly being toxic beforehand. As I said, I will put maximum effort in to win even if I start way behind but won't stand for extreme toxicity. I will use the mute button when the flame starts, but when the spam pinging starts after the chat mute I give up and force a miserable loss upon them.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000900010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T01:27:12.516+0000) > > Such behavior only is seen from me if you are constantly being toxic beforehand. As I said, I will put maximum effort in to win even if I start way behind but won't stand for extreme toxicity. I will use the mute button when the flame starts, but when the spam pinging starts after the chat mute I give up and force a miserable loss upon them. This is an excuse. I have been and many people have been harassed by others. Your openly admitting to adding to the problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:08:50.742+0000) > > Riot does not personally read these chats or the entire chat logs. They do not know the context of the things being said even if they did read the whole log. It is also not being dissected by an individual or groups of people, it is clearly automated, thus a consistent amount of complaints about bans/restrictions with no context. Context doesn't matter, people are expected to be responsible with their actions regardless of what others do. Choosing to flame or harass a teammate is still wrong. Additionally, when a person is trolling they are doing it for attention, calling them out repeatedly is literally feeding that fire. Way better to just mute and report them after the game. It's not like reports stack anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-03-22T01:12:14.025+0000) > > Context doesn't matter, people are expected to be responsible with their actions regardless of what others do. Choosing to flame or harass a teammate is still wrong. > > Additionally, when a person is trolling they are doing it for attention, calling them out repeatedly is literally feeding that fire. Way better to just mute and report them after the game. It's not like reports stack anyways. This wouldn't be an issue of any form if Soraka had not started trolling. That is obvious from the OP. The source of the problem isn't the OP or anyone going out of their way to cause problems the Soraka is. This is the issue. This is the root. Riot and people who think this current system is fine will not see the overhaul within the community they're looking for if they do not attack the roots of the problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:32:45.634+0000) > > I will openly admit that the first part of that is an assumption, a safe one since I have seen these players again after personally being restricted, but they were definitely not restricted. So it's an assumption based in experience, but an assumption nonetheless. > > > The context we're lacking in the report is the actual actions. Someone can SAY they're having a bad game the whole time in chat while inting. You won't know that by just reading the chat though. You won't see them walking straight into the enemy base then. People can say one thing and do another you know? I do know. But if it's chat related then the actions don't really matter, just the chat. It doesn't matter how the jungler chose to play when he writes his opinion them of them with a bunch interesting three and six letter words. And if it's for inting then that's handled in that way, not with a chat violation card. Either way, a poster's representation of the game to us do not really matter, we don't change it. The purpose of this is to help them understand why that punishment is given, even though frequently they did not want to from the start.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:53:43.563+0000) > > I do know. But if it's chat related then the actions don't really matter, just the chat. It doesn't matter how the jungler chose to play when he writes his opinion them of them with a bunch interesting three and six letter words. And if it's for inting then that's handled in that way, not with a chat violation card. Either way, a poster's representation of the game to us do not really matter, we don't change it. The purpose of this is to help them understand why that punishment is given, even though frequently they did not want to from the start. If someone speaks out against something they should not be punished unless they are incorrect about the thing they are speaking out against AND hurt someone in the process. That's not the case quite often and why you keep seeing these threads pop up. Someone's actions lead to another person vocalizing problems with their actions and when they are negative actions there is no "chat log" to show that. There's no way for Riot to know what is happening in game besides a chat from what I've seen thus far, and that is not enough. This is why I said a person can say all manner of things, but what they do is what matters. Actions speak louder and all that.
: Need unbiased opinions
Why can't the system be flawed? Why can't we improve it? Why must we keep the status quo? I don't get it...
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:10:27.961+0000) > > If both parties were punished this would be at least more acceptable, but that is not the case. The player who is more vocally upset is the one who gets punished consistently and if you just silently troll people tend to let it slide. First thing to clear up is: "If both parties were punished this would be at least more acceptable, but that is not the case. " You don't know that. You do not know whether or not the game counted against them and is progressing them towards a punishment, you are simply assuming it does not. And for what evidence there is, they do. They are punished. These boards are consistently one example of that. > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:08:50.742+0000) > > Riot does not personally read these chats or the entire chat logs. They do not know the context of the things being said even if they did read the whole log. It is also not being dissected by an individual or groups of people, it is clearly automated, thus a consistent amount of complaints about bans/restrictions with no context. Context, people's feelings, their personal motivations as to why they did it do not matter. Only what they did, which they can control. Which you can consider as a good thing, because it means it's unbiased. It means that you will not be judged differently about what you did based upon the actions of someone else. It means there is no cases of two different punishments for the same action. They are instead punished equally.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:26:29.653+0000) > > First thing to clear up is: > "If both parties were punished this would be at least more acceptable, but that is not the case. " > You don't know that. You do not know whether or not the game counted against them and is progressing them towards a punishment, you are simply assuming it does not. > > And for what evidence there is, they do. They are punished. These boards are consistently one example of that. > > Context, people's feelings, their personal motivations as to why they did it do not matter. Only what they did, which they can control. > > Which you can consider as a good thing, because it means it's unbiased. It means that you will not be judged differently about what you did based upon the actions of someone else. > > It means there is no cases of two different punishments for the same action. They are instead punished equally. I will openly admit that the first part of that is an assumption, a safe one since I have seen these players again after personally being restricted, but they were definitely not restricted. So it's an assumption based in experience, but an assumption nonetheless. The context we're lacking in the report is the actual actions. Someone can SAY they're having a bad game the whole time in chat while inting. You won't know that by just reading the chat though. You won't see them walking straight into the enemy base then. People can say one thing and do another you know?
: I would refuse to group with you too. I've had people bash me just like you did when I'm having a bad game in which case I just ignore everything else they say for the rest of the game and perma split until we lose in an attempt to make the flamer (you) just as miserable as I am. I go so far as to saying no to the surrender vote in such games. 100% justified restriction if you ask me. In most games that I have a terrible start, I will attempt to work with the team to catch up and often times do. As soon as the team starts bashing on me for starting 0/5/0 I just give up and no longer even try to come back.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:21:28.520+0000) > > I would refuse to group with you too. I've had people bash me just like you did when I'm having a bad game in which case I just ignore everything else they say for the rest of the game and perma split until we lose in an attempt to make the flamer (you) just as miserable as I am. I go so far as to saying no to the surrender vote in such games. 100% justified restriction if you ask me. In most games that I have a terrible start, I will attempt to work with the team to catch up and often times do. As soon as the team starts bashing on me for starting 0/5/0 I just give up and no longer even try to come back. This is what I mean by the system being flawed. This kind of player is going unpunished, but someone who's will rise up and be vocally against this exact behavior will get punished.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:08:50.742+0000) > > Riot does not personally read these chats or the entire chat logs. They do not know the context of the things being said even if they did read the whole log. It is also not being dissected by an individual or groups of people, it is clearly automated, thus a consistent amount of complaints about bans/restrictions with no context. [citation needed] I see no proof of things being the way you claim that they are. The IFS is automated, but Riot still uses manual reviews for the more complicated cases, such as the ones that the IFS can't process. Taking longer to do something is not the same as not doing it at all.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:13:11.348+0000) > > [citation needed] > > I see no proof of things being the way you claim that they are. > > The IFS is automated, but Riot still uses manual reviews for the more complicated cases, such as the ones that the IFS can't process. Taking longer to do something is not the same as not doing it at all. It is not slower it is vastly faster than the old system. I do not wish to insult you, but that is just 100% untrue. The older systems (i took a break when it was still tribunal so idk if there was something between now and then) were slowly but peer reviewed and actually read. They SHOULD have a team personally reading and dissecting reports, but we all know that would take a lot of man power...personally I think Riot can afford it, but that's another topic.... Also you admit that it's automated. In these situations, where you're automatically restricting people's ability to communicate, that is an issue in a team objective based game.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000200000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:06:06.090+0000) > > if other players used the ignore feature they couldn't input on the conversation they would simply see Soraka's gameplay, which was trolling. That's my point. > > Le'ts avoid semantics. Semantics - the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text. Nowhere in my comment did I dispute semantics. You on the other hand, did.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:10:19.366+0000) > > Semantics - the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text. > > Nowhere in my comment did I dispute semantics. You on the other hand, did. semantics- the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence, etc.: Let's not argue about semantics. You're ignoring her actions and only looking at the words. Her actions are what effected the game. I have had games and been apart of games where people are screaming at each other and pissed, but still play together. SEMANTICAL, YET APPLICABLE ADDED COUNTER-ARGUMENT: You can report the man for his words after the fact, but the words don't 100% sway the game. Honestly I was better off ignoring my entire team than I have ever been listening to them, but I want to be open to those who will be solid communicators. I know they are around and I want to connect with them, but again the words don't play the game. My word input isn't going to physically manifest into an in game action.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:53:44.378+0000) > > Knowing that trolls of this caliber are not being punished because they're abusing the flawed reporting system, I feel singling them out is not unfair. They are not abusing the report system, they couldn't so do anyway and that's not the reason this happens. Players who are violating rules and getting punished for it without discrimination, then come here and say that it is unfair there is not discrimination due to the playground excuse of "But he started it" which both parties then use.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:06:43.161+0000) > > They are not abusing the report system, they couldn't so do anyway and that's not the reason this happens. > > Players who are violating rules and getting punished for it without discrimination, then come here and say that it is unfair there is not discrimination due to the playground excuse of "But he started it" which both parties then use. If both parties were punished this would be at least more acceptable, but that is not the case. The player who is more vocally upset is the one who gets punished consistently and if you just silently troll people tend to let it slide.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:53:44.378+0000) > > Knowing that trolls of this caliber are not being punished because they're abusing the flawed reporting system, I feel singling them out is not unfair. "Abusing a flawed reporting system." That doesn't compute. The OP said it themselves, the soraka got upset that the team left them alone to die a few times, so they started not participating out of spite. That's not the mark of a "troll of that caliber" because _real_ "trolls of that caliber" do things in much more subtle ways. Submitting a support ticket directly to Riot would result in an investigation into the player. If Riot found their behavior to be toxic then they would apply a punishment to them. The IFS may be flawed in terms of doing better with chat than with gameplay, but manual reviews are highly accurate.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:01:42.995+0000) > > "Abusing a flawed reporting system." > > That doesn't compute. The OP said it themselves, the soraka got upset that the team left them alone to die a few times, so they started not participating out of spite. That's not the mark of a "troll of that caliber" because _real_ "trolls of that caliber" do things in much more subtle ways. > > Submitting a support ticket directly to Riot would result in an investigation into the player. If Riot found their behavior to be toxic then they would apply a punishment to them. The IFS may be flawed in terms of doing better with chat than with gameplay, but manual reviews are highly accurate. Riot does not personally read these chats or the entire chat logs. They do not know the context of the things being said even if they did read the whole log. It is also not being dissected by an individual or groups of people, it is clearly automated, thus a consistent amount of complaints about bans/restrictions with no context.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:00:28.929+0000) > > In real life there isn't an ignore feature. In real life those other people in the establishment are not dependent on the two individuals who are fighting one another in order to be able to have fun. In league the rest of the team is highly dependent on both players focusing and making an effort to play.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T00:03:10.095+0000) > > In real life those other people in the establishment are not dependent on the two individuals fighting one another in order to be able to have fun. In league the rest of the team is highly dependent on both players focusing and making an effort to play. if other players used the ignore feature they couldn't input on the conversation they would simply see Soraka's gameplay, which was trolling. That's my point. Le'ts avoid semantics.
: > [{quoted}](name=NEEGAHROW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:51:16.600+0000) > > But in-game is the same as a Dave & Busters? Yes, because it involves two people, in an environment they share with other people (the purpose of which is for everyone to play games and have a good time), being disruptive and hindering one another's and other people's ability to enjoy the game.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:58:04.786+0000) > > Yes, because it involves two people, in an environment they share with other people (the purpose of which is for everyone to play games and have a good time), being disruptive and hindering one another's and other people's ability to enjoy the game. In real life there isn't an ignore feature.
: Getting matched with players on your block list?
Matchmaking has been and is flawed. This slipping through the cracks while frustrating and wrong, is not surprising. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this awful person.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:50:34.768+0000) > > I went through a similar situation! This is ridiculous, and needs to stop. AGREED
> [{quoted}](name=ghostbudden,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:51:34.817+0000) > > AGREED Please read my post on this as well! I'd argue mine's worse than yours, but either way they're both ridiculous.
: > [{quoted}](name=NEEGAHROW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:44:12.159+0000) > > I can do this too: > > "Spotted a bit of confusion about whether or not we dish out penalties to players who ask for reports. Just to be super clear, we don't." > -Riot NaKyle Asking for reports, in and of itself is not punishment. Doing it repeatedly in order to get people to gang up on a person and make them feel singled out is a form of harassment, and is therefore absolutely punishable.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cE0nsn6E,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-03-21T23:51:55.476+0000) > > Asking for reports, in and of itself is not punishment. > > Doing it repeatedly in order to get people to gang up on a person and make them feel singled out is a form of harassment, and is therefore absolutely punishable. Knowing that trolls of this caliber are not being punished because they're abusing the flawed reporting system, I feel singling them out is not unfair.
: Need unbiased opinions
I went through a similar situation! This is ridiculous, and needs to stop.
: The Report System Needs Work
Please do not be an anonymous down vote. Open up for discussion. I have no fear of being proven wrong and accept my mistakes within this, my issue isn't really my restriction but the fact that MF is not only defended, but unpunished for trolling.
SaltZz (NA)
: General Advice For Climbing In Lower Ranks
I would be interested on your thoughts about my post regarding matchmaking. :)
: The Report System Needs Work
I think a HUGE thing that'll help the overall report system is what goes down in pre-game because a ton of things can factor into the game and players behavior from that screen and interaction alone.
Rioter Comments
: OP wants call of dooty match making
> [{quoted}](name=DollaMenunaire,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-12T20:26:53.228+0000) > > OP wants call of dooty match making I am unsure how you read and comprehended this entire post, but got to that conclusion?
Luralin (NA)
: Are women as emotionally sensitive as men?
In my experience women are more emotionally AWARE than men, but not necessarily sensitive. Meaning they understand their emotions better than we do, but not that they feel more intensely.
: Is it really true that being in bronze means you can win with any build?
The simple answer is no. If matchmaking was were it was supposed to be you'd get stomped regularly with poor builds. Matchmaking being what it is though...you can get away with some builds, but you'll get punished as you rise in rank even in bronze.
Kythers (NA)
: not this again
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jF6mKG3e,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-12T16:42:23.957+0000) > > not this again Please do help/counter things. Really looking for forward progress here.
Rioter Comments
: i would say as far as things you can do, there are several things ive noticed that are widely problematic in lower ranks 1) **team building -** most people tend to do absolutely no real team building in champion select, they just pick who they want to play and hope for the best and so you wind up with a team of 100% hyper offensive squishy champions without any real defense or a full ad or ap team, just generally theres no real focus of power, no real synergy or anything in the team you build. if you put forth the effort to try to pick for the match and not for yourself, that alone will make things a lot easier 2) **vision and map awareness -** this is one im very guilty of myself, but working on doing better. its very common for people to either not ward, not ward in good places at good times, or not bother taking advantage of that vision and watching the map and knowing when to and when not to push, engage, fall back, etc. during lane phase try warding where it will get the most coverage. top lane i like to ward either side bush or river and then put a pink in either tri or along red buff, mid lane in the small center bush with a pink in the bush by my blue buff, and bot lane i put a ward in either the river bush or by dragon and a pink in either tri or by red. ALWAYS buy pink wards, best to buy them sooner rather than later but make sure you get them, and if you have the advantage over your lane opponent you can use a pink to safely deny them vision. its also important to keep an eye on where the rest of the enemy champions are and if your opponent leaves unexpectedly or is gone for a long time, be sure to mia (i find its best to mia a trail from where they were to the place i think they could be going to, seems to work better than a simple ping which is often overlooked in low tier play) 3) **farming -** farming is your #1 form of gold income 9 times of 10. according to the LoL creep calculator (which isnt up to date but it has been updated since the last time minion value was changed in any way) you can get 7642 gold from minions by 20 minutes if you do only the farm in your lane and never miss a cs, which of course is unrealistic but still at 80% farm rate you can get 6633 gold by 20 minutes (which would be having farmed 184 out of 230 minions, or having missed a total of about 7 waves). that can get you boots and a solid 2-2.5 items, and thats entirely disregarding any other gold you can get from kills, towers, jungle camps, or cs from another lane. putting aside all the technical stuff, cs gets you a lot of gold and while kills will get you more gold, you should try to weigh your options when poking or engaging and consider the balance of how much gold youre gaining and your enemies are losing in everything you do. your best option is generally not to try to cheese your lane opponent over and over again, but rather to deny them as much farm as possible and perfect your last hitting. tl;dr, farm is important and its important to weigh your options. 4) **prioritizing -** this is probably the single biggest problem i see. its 30 minutes in, its a close game and you just got a full ace on the enemy team with no casualties. you havent broken their base yet but youre at their inhibitor turrets and none of the enemies get up for another 30 seconds, so what does everyone do? well, apparently baron. almost every single time (in my experience) teams will entirely overlook even fully exposed inhibitors if it means the enemy team can spawn before theyve finished taking baron. for another example, i constantly see entire teams chasing the enemy support with the entire rest of the enemy team dead, ive seen people chase kills and leave their turret to die, ive constantly seen people dive the enemy team at full hp, alone, to try to kill someone who's low. people in low tier play do not prioritize properly. 100% no questions asked the objective that gets you closest to winning the game is your top priority. my personal list that ive found works well is nexus>nexus turrets>inhibitors>inhibitor turrets & baron>dragon>inner turrets & kills>outer turrets. very rarely do i find that the actual priority order deviates from this list (secure teamfights and catching out enemy champions can be placed just about anywhere in that list depending on the specific circumstances of the game) 5) **adaptive play -** this is probably one of the most important things that i see overlooked a lot, especially when it comes to builds and aggressive vs passive play. this is generally the reason someone will go 0/7 in lane, because they arent adapting their playstyle to the circumstances, even when their strategy is very obviously feeding the enemy. its also a part of the reason why youll see that champion who was legendary at 20 minutes is now having absolutely no impact. you have to be able to adapt both your build and your playstyle to the circumstances. what was working last game may not work this game, what was working at the start of the game may not work at the end of the game, what worked 2 minutes ago may not work again.
> [{quoted}](name=I Main Swain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s2sty4Ed,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-03-12T01:59:18.571+0000) > > i would say as far as things you can do, there are several things ive noticed that are widely problematic in lower ranks > > 1) **team building -** most people tend to do absolutely no real team building in champion select, they just pick who they want to play and hope for the best and so you wind up with a team of 100% hyper offensive squishy champions without any real defense or a full ad or ap team, just generally theres no real focus of power, no real synergy or anything in the team you build. if you put forth the effort to try to pick for the match and not for yourself, that alone will make things a lot easier > > 2) **vision and map awareness -** this is one im very guilty of myself, but working on doing better. its very common for people to either not ward, not ward in good places at good times, or not bother taking advantage of that vision and watching the map and knowing when to and when not to push, engage, fall back, etc. during lane phase try warding where it will get the most coverage. top lane i like to ward either side bush or river and then put a pink in either tri or along red buff, mid lane in the small center bush with a pink in the bush by my blue buff, and bot lane i put a ward in either the river bush or by dragon and a pink in either tri or by red. ALWAYS buy pink wards, best to buy them sooner rather than later but make sure you get them, and if you have the advantage over your lane opponent you can use a pink to safely deny them vision. its also important to keep an eye on where the rest of the enemy champions are and if your opponent leaves unexpectedly or is gone for a long time, be sure to mia (i find its best to mia a trail from where they were to the place i think they could be going to, seems to work better than a simple ping which is often overlooked in low tier play) > > 3) **farming -** farming is your #1 form of gold income 9 times of 10. according to the LoL creep calculator (which isnt up to date but it has been updated since the last time minion value was changed in any way) you can get 7642 gold from minions by 20 minutes if you do only the farm in your lane and never miss a cs, which of course is unrealistic but still at 80% farm rate you can get 6633 gold by 20 minutes (which would be having farmed 184 out of 230 minions, or having missed a total of about 7 waves). that can get you boots and a solid 2-2.5 items, and thats entirely disregarding any other gold you can get from kills, towers, jungle camps, or cs from another lane. putting aside all the technical stuff, cs gets you a lot of gold and while kills will get you more gold, you should try to weigh your options when poking or engaging and consider the balance of how much gold youre gaining and your enemies are losing in everything you do. your best option is generally not to try to cheese your lane opponent over and over again, but rather to deny them as much farm as possible and perfect your last hitting. tl;dr, farm is important and its important to weigh your options. > > 4) **prioritizing -** this is probably the single biggest problem i see. its 30 minutes in, its a close game and you just got a full ace on the enemy team with no casualties. you havent broken their base yet but youre at their inhibitor turrets and none of the enemies get up for another 30 seconds, so what does everyone do? well, apparently baron. almost every single time (in my experience) teams will entirely overlook even fully exposed inhibitors if it means the enemy team can spawn before theyve finished taking baron. for another example, i constantly see entire teams chasing the enemy support with the entire rest of the enemy team dead, ive seen people chase kills and leave their turret to die, ive constantly seen people dive the enemy team at full hp, alone, to try to kill someone who's low. people in low tier play do not prioritize properly. 100% no questions asked the objective that gets you closest to winning the game is your top priority. my personal list that ive found works well is nexus>nexus turrets>inhibitors>inhibitor turrets & baron>dragon>inner turrets & kills>outer turrets. very rarely do i find that the actual priority order deviates from this list (secure teamfights and catching out enemy champions can be placed just about anywhere in that list depending on the specific circumstances of the game) > > 5) **adaptive play -** this is probably one of the most important things that i see overlooked a lot, especially when it comes to builds and aggressive vs passive play. this is generally the reason someone will go 0/7 in lane, because they arent adapting their playstyle to the circumstances, even when their strategy is very obviously feeding the enemy. its also a part of the reason why youll see that champion who was legendary at 20 minutes is now having absolutely no impact. you have to be able to adapt both your build and your playstyle to the circumstances. what was working last game may not work this game, what was working at the start of the game may not work at the end of the game, what worked 2 minutes ago may not work again. QFT! OP needs to add this to the OP. This got me to D5
: Games are 100% decided before champ select even happens
If win/loss truly depicted skill Matchmaking would be fine, but it doesn't. This is where we are now. I made a suggestion a long time ago to combine stats (overall kda, preferably by lane/role) with the honor system (especially now that it's broken down into tilt-proof, leadership, and teamwork) into the current matchmaking system, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I will bump it if desired. There are no easy fixes, but solely basing this off win/loss isn't exactly realistic in a game that isn't a simple FPS/Sports game. There are a lot more important moving factors that determine people's skill. I have been up and down the ranking system (d5 on a perm banned alt...no complaints I deserved it), but I've played against Bronze players who are better than some Diamond/higher players and some Diamond/higher players who were clearly boosted/lucky/just not that skilled. If this game wants to thrive (not survive) matchmaking is going to need a tweak. ASAP
: Le Bump
> [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bzzt5XsW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-04T19:28:53.633+0000) > > Le Bump ^^
: Ahem...Riot? Let's get some red
> [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wjpKxhFJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-06T01:06:37.441+0000) > > Ahem...Riot? Let's get some red ^^
: {{champion:420}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:29}} = "Press R to win team fight"
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Zhxy5Evf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-05T04:36:07.091+0000) > > {{champion:420}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:29}} = "Press R to win team fight" If your team groups and gets wrecked by these champs then they deserve it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cinquino Show,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MlEV39hy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-04T23:42:46.687+0000) > > They were too much. > > You can thank Riot Repertoir for this awesome rework, can't interact with enemy laner because you run out of mana instantly and get shoved in, oh whats's that? Want to reset your bouncing E the enemy didn't respect with Q early game? Well, that just costs 1/3 of your mana pool thank you. > Just try braindead afk push the wave from level 2, then you just sit on your ADC shoulders and press R the moment someone dives your team. > > Want to zone with old 14% max hp each second W and try to chunk the enemy ADC with your 9s CD Q? Nope, you can summon 6 walking gold for the enemy and spam your wet noodle 3s CD Q. > > Such amazing rework, really makes this champion much more fun when all you can do is flash ult, spam 2 of your spells like a moron and run into Morgana bindings for 0 punishment with passive. > > Then people keep bleating the same "braindead R champ" "point and click waaaa waaaa" when they exhaust their brain to think of an item that just makes his entire ultimate useless. Honestly I like Malzahar's new W to his old one.
> [{quoted}](name=stealthfox94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MlEV39hy,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-03-10T05:12:24.532+0000) > > Honestly I like Malzahar's new W to his old one. Idk, the old one required more skill to be useful imo and in today's faster paced games I think it'd work better.
: So are we ever gonna fix that Ahri red/blue buff bug?
: {{champion:2}} {{item:3139}}
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Zhxy5Evf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-04T20:43:00.123+0000) > > {{champion:2}} {{item:3139}} Haven't heard this yet?
: They were too much. You can thank Riot Repertoir for this awesome rework, can't interact with enemy laner because you run out of mana instantly and get shoved in, oh whats's that? Want to reset your bouncing E the enemy didn't respect with Q early game? Well, that just costs 1/3 of your mana pool thank you. Just try braindead afk push the wave from level 2, then you just sit on your ADC shoulders and press R the moment someone dives your team. Want to zone with old 14% max hp each second W and try to chunk the enemy ADC with your 9s CD Q? Nope, you can summon 6 walking gold for the enemy and spam your wet noodle 3s CD Q. Such amazing rework, really makes this champion much more fun when all you can do is flash ult, spam 2 of your spells like a moron and run into Morgana bindings for 0 punishment with passive. Then people keep bleating the same "braindead R champ" "point and click waaaa waaaa" when they exhaust their brain to think of an item that just makes his entire ultimate useless.
> [{quoted}](name=Cinquino Show,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MlEV39hy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-04T23:42:46.687+0000) > > They were too much. > > You can thank Riot Repertoir for this awesome rework, can't interact with enemy laner because you run out of mana instantly and get shoved in, oh whats's that? Want to reset your bouncing E the enemy didn't respect with Q early game? Well, that just costs 1/3 of your mana pool thank you. > Just try braindead afk push the wave from level 2, then you just sit on your ADC shoulders and press R the moment someone dives your team. > > Want to zone with old 14% max hp each second W and try to chunk the enemy ADC with your 9s CD Q? Nope, you can summon 6 walking gold for the enemy and spam your wet noodle 3s CD Q. > > Such amazing rework, really makes this champion much more fun when all you can do is flash ult, spam 2 of your spells like a moron and run into Morgana bindings for 0 punishment with passive. > > Then people keep bleating the same "braindead R champ" "point and click waaaa waaaa" when they exhaust their brain to think of an item that just makes his entire ultimate useless. This is honestly a more detailed description of what I meant.
: Malzahar's Nerfs
Productive and useful input thus far.
: Does anyone actually play league because they are having fun or is it more like a chore?
Sometimes I think I'm just addicted... I have been a gamer all my life, but I have been playing League consistently the longest (been on/off 2010). I was once seriously competitive in Halo (played against Walshy once or twice for those that know...I lost obviously :P), but after my intense interest in that waned I picked up League. Now unlike a lot of people I got into League for the oddest reason. The toxic community made me want to stick it to them. I hate arrogance that's only there because people are veterans at something. That being said once I got good (I reached D5 on an alt. acc.) I WAS this community. I only played my lane, I only played my champ, and if things didn't go well I was flaming everyone and anyone. This carried out into real life. That's when it became an issue for me. That account was perm-banned long ago and I took a year/two break from League only playing a match here/there. When I returned I played even less, and even now that I'm "fully back" (I'm nowhere near the old time I used to regularly log) I balance it out. I take breaks, I liberally use the ignore feature, I compliment people any chance I can, and TRY to stay out of non-game related chats. That ban changed the game a ton for me, but now that I'm trying to get back into the tier I want to be in I'm finding it feels tedious. Obviously I have a large skill gap to overcome and relearning to be done, because the game's changed a ton, but I don't know if I want to? I mean just the time it took to get there and the player base really hasn't changed that much...it's hard to grind it out like that now. Plus I'm an adult with adult responsibilities now... I can't play too many norms, because even though it says competitive in the description, people treat it like a joke, but playing ranked...its just stressful now. Unless you get that golden match with good back and forth and both teams are equally matched, which is what I call a unicorn match, it's predictable. If I was a mathematician I'm sure I could make an algorithm to predict all low elo (G3 and below) matches. Idk I'm not sure if I'm playing for fun or because I'm addicted, I know fun factors in but sometimes I just go into this game and play on only instinct...
Ixoziel (NA)
: Good, leave it that way until his R is reworked into a skillshot and he's no longer hideously unfair to play against. Being forced to rush a 1300g item every game isn't fun whatsoever. I hope they nerf him even more. Then maybe my ban slot will finally be free.
> [{quoted}](name=Ixoziel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MlEV39hy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-04T20:32:06.263+0000) > > Good, leave it that way until his R is reworked into a skillshot and he's no longer hideously unfair to play against. Being forced to rush a 1300g item every game isn't fun whatsoever. > > I hope they nerf him even more. Then maybe my ban slot will finally be free. As a Malz main, I've faced every version of him. His R is what makes him most vulnerable. He's a great 1v1 dueler sure, but in any other situation it makes him extremely vulnerable. You're having an issue with a duelist champ being good at dueling. That's really not the issue here also there are a slew of other counter measures you can take besides buying an item AND I tend to beat people who build just to spite my R because his skill set is so much more than that.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Honoring the opposition, and Overall MVP
Rioter Comments
SirPurrr (NA)
: Emotions < Truth - enforcing mindless conformity is the opposite of justice
I run into this problem a ton. I think the problem comes from within the community. Most of this community is/are hardcore "nerds". They didn't do a lot of "group" activities throughout their lives so they don't understand group dynamics. What you like/how you feel is not necessarily what's best for the group. Sometimes you have to put others before yourself AND be open to other peoples thoughts/ideas/criticisms.
: > [{quoted}](name=GalacticBears,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bzzt5XsW,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-28T04:01:48.186+0000) > > That&#x27;s a team&#x27;s MVP not the whole match&#x27;s MVP Winning team's MVP is the whole match's MVP
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bzzt5XsW,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T20:20:52.436+0000) > > Winning team&#x27;s MVP is the whole match&#x27;s MVP I don't think you understand how MVP's work... Both teams can have an MVP, my suggestion is to have one that's overall as well based on votes from both teams.
: MVP is kinda implied by the whole "so and so has gotten the most honors on their team" thing
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bzzt5XsW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-28T02:47:15.443+0000) > > MVP is kinda implied by the whole &quot;so and so has gotten the most honors on their team&quot; thing That's a team's MVP not the whole match's MVP
: Honoring the opposition, and Overall MVP
Rioter Comments
: Step 1: Get off your high horse. You're focusing on the "good" calls you've made that have gotten ignored, but given your ranking can you truly say they were good calls? Your teammates believe they are making the right call as well as well and tbh I'd say that 90% of the time you're both wrong. Step 2: Understand that the following is false: > As a person who operates on facts over feelings Because you don't. If you did you'd know to at least be tactful instead of blunt. Most of the world operates on emotion and choosing to discard emotions doesn't make you some sort of ubermensch - it makes everyone think you're a pretentious asshole. Step 3: Stop giving a shit about what your teammates are doing. Is your shotcalling getting ignored? Oh well, just go look for a way to make a difference solo. Teammate feeding? Feeders gonna feed, just put the carry pants on. Step 4: Say, don't type. This one's hard, but it's what I use when I need to vent. Can't get in trouble for what Riot doesn't know about.
1) I am rarely wrong. It is not arrogance it isn't some holier than though thing, it's consistent. I ping/communicate one thing and the opposite or something similar is done. If I was super dedicated to it I could upload the clips, but that's just a lot lol. It's really just from experience, I've been floating around this game for...well let's just say a long time. 2) I don't think I'm some God, when people start saying I'm bad/unskilled I'm the first to agree with them because I was once much better and much higher than this. I also don't dedicate NEARLY the amoun of time to this game as I used to. 3) It's a team game...like no way around it and at the lower elo's it's more CoD (chasing kills like its TDM) than a MoBA. Basic fundamentals are severly lacking and I as mentioned in the post not attached to this I am one person I can not do all the jobs that need to be done at once.
Show more

GalacticBears

Level 46 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion