: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q56Qb5ay,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-19T16:04:04.967+0000) > > shes not trans https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/1030317366247215104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1030317366247215104&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fboards.na.leagueoflegends.com%2Fen%2Fc%2Fstory-art%2Fj25IEUn9-taliyah-was-initially-conceived-of-as-transgender-by-her-dna-team https://twitter.com/remembrancermx/status/1030316703861731328
lmao, Uh no, they said that's not true. Besides anything from that guy should never be taken seriously....he got fired from Riot also i heard.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pale Mask,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q56Qb5ay,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T13:35:02.003+0000) > > Taliyah is a good choice. > > She's also legal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Y'know the lore on taliyah states she's 14, and the people who made her stated she's MtF trans so no further comment, but she's 14.....
: Did they put the effort in Ixtal?
I mean they made effort to reveal something new, rather than expand on what was already established.
arowin242 (EUW)
: they actually already finished a story: {{champion:92}} and {{champion:157}} these 2 have settled their respective problem with eachother and have gone on to live on. (riven was allowed to live within Ionia, yasuo was cleared of his crime's and also allowed to live in Ionia again.) effectively, these 2 stories have already come to an conclusion, and are furthermore just side characters, unless they add a new chapter to their stories where they are both main characters. That's all
It was the most popular fan theory. I'm not too surprised they chose to do it first, but i'm glad it's done though.
Rioter Comments
: Two sisters and a wolf [Lore theory about Jinx, Vi, and Warwick]
I just wish Narrative stop playing games and get this shit on the road already. Literally the most interesting story to me in League and Riot likes to play games.
: Psst, Riot: WE GET IT.
I've been saying this for ages......Maybe it will get to the narrative this time...maybe
Pale Mask (EUW)
: That will never happen. They don't do pandering and milking cash cows :^)
You do have a point. CDPR cares about their fans...I can't really say the same for Riot.
Falrein (EUW)
: I do not know who these CDPR are that you speak of, but if they killed my peop... Wait sorry, wrong story. Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I assume they make games, as I know what the Witcher is. But I'm gonna safely assume Riot can try and do that on their own, as they have an R&D team working on (at least) one game. And it would be stupid of them not to use their rich IP on a game. Now, I'm all for a narrative-based game, so long as it remains wide and open. My point being, if you're playing a narrative-based game focusing on Yasuo, MF, etc... I'd be disappointed. Probably because the champions I like aren't popular, so I'm just biased. So yeah, narrative-based game? Absolutely. They could -and should- do it. Surely we'll know more comes October... Patiently waiting for the 10 year anniversary...
If Riot were to do in on their own, we'd have it by now. I think they are content with what they have atm. As they have *just* entered the phase of making new permanent game modes. I just though since CD project Red loves crafting games based on lore, league's world would be a perfect start. The Witcher and Cyberpunk all started from books and a table top role playing game. To think what they could do with leagues lore.... I'm certain they wouldnt use popularity. They are pretty passionate when it comes to world building, but they do like getting every detail down.
Rioter Comments
: Zaun and Piltover. Never getting enough from stories from there. There are fascinating places in these cities and I want to read about them. Like the cultivairs in the depths of Zaun. The Ecliptic Vaults, which are supposed to be the safest bank in Runeterra. I want to read about a modern hospital in Piltover, finally showing us that healing on Runeterra is not limited to either magic or cutting off every ill limb and replacing it with metal. I know, these cities are already served quite a bit with lore, but I am biased. Never enough lore from there. Also: The Zaun lore update didn't give us anything about Twitch and Singed, both champions related to chemtech, a subject we can still learn alot about in my opinion.
I'm still salty Jinx and Vi didn't get some connection to each other....like how many more years do we have to wait to understand why Jinx targets Vi...
usul1202 (NA)
: What's your 'it happened in a dream' skin?
I fear for some of the choices of skinlines commented here. I'd like to see human kalista or more lore related ones.
: Actually the outfit Illaoi's wears in game was never meant to represent her ceremonial outfits or her everyday wear back home. This is an outfit she chose for Bilgewater, a city which her people think of as something between a filthy ghetto and a refugee camp. I doubt she has a “dress” per say— more likely a sarongs, loincloths, and other unisex garments for everyday wear depending on the weather. Ceremonial clothes are often made for the various events and holidays (and often destroyed after).
I see. Thanks for the answer. That's very interesting hear. I also find her perspective on bilgewater interesting too. I was asking this question when thinking what were Illaoi's feminine features. I know this may be stretching a bit, but does the people of Buh-ru keep a strong religious sense of style where they live?
: Daisy dukes
  Rioter Comments
Sancre (EUW)
: Well, if done right it would ruin Lucian 100% sure, just imagine a spectral, mist-controlled Senna beating Lucian to a pulp, over and over while he only cries and despairs by realizing that he can't bring himself to kill her, while Thresh laughts just behind, when she is about to deliver the final blow, a chain yanks her back and both Thresh and Senna disappear, leaving Lucian miserable and broken, a bit more every time. Does sound like the kind of thing that Thresh would do. The story of both could go two ways, with Senna recovering her senses and looking for a way to kill her jailor and end herself, or with Lucian overcoming his scars and setting himself on what he has to do, being that releasing his wife from this new kind of torment and ending Thresh (this hasn't changed that much)
Jaspers (EUW)
: The amount of work, whether I like the direction or not, that Riot have put into the lore side of things is impressive, considering it makes them no money. Well, the TPB of the comics will hopefully and in turn maybe that will allow them to do more with the world, maybe even expand in other medias or game types as well.
I'm iffy on the direction too, but I still love seeing the narrative in visual terms. This could also mean we could see more smaller scales like Garen's Aunt tianna.
Rioter Comments
: Riots champ design is incredibly dull now
It's dulled down because people kept complaining about "how sexualized" Riot makes their champions. Shouldn't expect no less after neeko now.
: New Champion Teaser
I wonder if this champion will be made with ulterior motives too.
: Why do you need to know this kind of information? What are you planning??
It's just ta curious question...
  Rioter Comments
: So apparently criticizing a skin is "shaming" now...
It's simple. Get rid of the moderation system. Let actual devs do the job. Random players are prone to be bias to their opinions and do things like these. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.
GenoXx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=000400000001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T21:15:31.405+0000) > > Calling a post with an unintelligible run-on sentence a word salad is insulting? News to me. It was completely unnecessary. Furthermore, you didn't even have a counter argument for it. You're practically antagonizing everyone in this comment section who isn't in favors of sjws, the term you act like doesnt exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=00040000000100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T21:56:34.498+0000) > > I'm not sure how to have a counterargument for something I can't even parse the meaning of chief > > I'm also not acting like the term doesn't exist, I'm saying that the term is used for things that do not exist > > And also wondering why so many people are bringing it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Lmao, sure. Always a change of behavior when called out on it. And that's probably because the case gives off many vibes from that certain culture. And if it's not the main reason since there is no actual evidence to back this claim(nothing short of the boy who cried wolf) it's still one of many reasons this whole thing could have started.
Cetri (NA)
: Calling a post with an unintelligible run-on sentence a word salad is insulting? News to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=000400000001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T21:15:31.405+0000) > > Calling a post with an unintelligible run-on sentence a word salad is insulting? News to me. It was completely unnecessary. Furthermore, you didn't even have a counter argument for it. You're practically antagonizing everyone in this comment section who isn't in favors of sjws, the term you act like doesnt exist.
Cetri (NA)
: Did you toss that word salad enough?
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T19:34:22.481+0000) > > Did you toss that word salad enough? And at this point, It's clear you lost the debate. Resorting to insulting.
: Players behind Riot employee walkout
I read about this before you posted, and I still believe that there are people who try to join Riot with Ulterior motives. Not saying that there isn't any type of sexist stuff going on there, but Riot somehow always has a case of this every yr out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprise if(hypothetically) people were joining to try and rise in the ranks pretty fast to change the way how Riot does things. And when denied probably for a business related, professional reason such as experience, rank, etc......They go and announce things like these....... Now again, it's just a thought....but why would people at a company act so as they put it "blatantly sexist" continuously over the years if previous claims have already been stated? Idk boss, something looks fishy to me.
xAcidik (NA)
: R.I.P. League Boards Moderation Staff
> No one is trying to silence your opinions, Yes they do.
: So certain mod deleted my post without even reading it and having idea what it was about
Stuff like this is bound to happen when Riot let players handle the work they should be doing them selves....There's been plenty of bias cases from the "mods" on these boards.
Sharjo (EUW)
: A Map of the Birthplaces of as many Champions as Possible
Minarde (NA)
: Please no. There were some major clarity issues the last time Butcher's Bridge was around (e.g. the orange-skinned Mark was almost invisible). Howling Abyss has its own set of clarity problems, but not nearly to the same extent.
You know, Riot will listen to this one comment and never consider this again.
: > [{quoted}](name=GlacialScion,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2LFFn9At,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-10T14:14:50.681+0000) > > They don't care. I get the impression that what "creative" team they have working on lore stories is an insular group of writers who want solely to push their own ideas into the stories they're allowed to write now. > > Aside from any story quality concerns I or others may have, the major takeaway I've gotten from basically all of the updates (except for Veigar's, which was actually clever, cute, and in keeping with Veigar's characterization) is the team seems to have a kind of "we know best" attitude and a disregard for establishing what the core of a character actually is before they tear it up and start over with whatever their impression of the character happened to be. This was painfully apparent for me with Nautilus for example, who they basically turned into an embodiment of petty vengeance, and Aatrox, who turned into a loud, rage-blind idiot when the unique and interesting thing about him before was how calm, composed, and almost seductive he was in regards to violence, giving the sense that he had done this millions of times before, absolutely loved it still, but also had some kind of unfathomable ulterior motive. > > This consistent stripping away of nuance and subtlety comes across not as an intentional choice, but as simply a lack of familiarity, and thus a lack of concern, for the characters and the community's perception of them. And seriously, when you have a million people play a champion hundreds of time and come together to distill their impressions into a solid form they share with each other and then further refine, you shouldn't dismiss the power of that or take it for granted. > > Anyway. That's all to say that many of the changes the lore team has made removed all interest I had in following the lore, when previously I had read every addition to the website. Now I just ignore it and mute voice lines of most reworked champs so I can pretend they're still interesting. Its seems to me that, some writers check the previously established lore and characterization before rewriting them, and some just don't care and create whatever they want.
I'm sure that's it exactly as you say. Though they will never admit to it.
: Why was Shyvana changed? Can we get a real answer?
It might be far-fetched, but Riot's new pro woman stance might of have some influence to that. With the dad being taken out for no reason. Just a thought though.
: Why was Shyvana retconned?
Heh. Funny how the lore has fallen.
: So, you want the boards to not be a bullshit echo chamber
: @RiotAugust Those "useless" Boards are a part of the community that puts bread on your table.
I see these cowardly Rioter still think they had nothing to do with the current state of the boards. It's been 4 yrs now and it's because they wanted to cease communication because they are just too pissy about criticism. That's the real reason the boards are like this, they left it in the state where we literally cant get a response unless we go to another site where they can receive blind praise. Really glad I stop spending money on this game for a year now.
: I like Kayle's and Morgana's designs.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dlITXayT,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-02-18T08:12:05.718+0000) > > Ekko, Jinx, and Vi were never part of the same gang. No, they were, before Ekko started his own gang, Jinx went insane, and Vi lost her memory.
No, there's no where in the lore it states that. Ekko really only went out with the Lost kids of Zaun, a group of kids doing stupid shenanigans. Jinx's backstory is unclear, but it never states she was in a gang. Vi was the only one to be in one. .....On top of that Vi and Jinx are alot older than Ekko...
: Candidates - who is "C"?
Ekko, Jinx, and Vi were never part of the same gang.
Terozu (NA)
: The quote was confirmed by a rioter as referencing Fiora's sexuality, but that is of course soft canon.
Where? I never saw that one.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=BZtua9rQ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-07T20:45:57.534+0000) > > And it's extremely vague hinting at that. Because Riot's afraid of Russia, China, and all the denizens of the boards and Reddit who will come out and say yOu'Re FoRcInG lGbT vAlUeS oN uS.
They have, did, and are doing so.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Or it could be both? The traps transform the victims into purple smoke,but the process is actually far more brutal than what we were shown.
Brutality is his specialty. Of course it's part of the whole process, i can't imagine what kind of pain the victims feel. But from what was shown in that cinematic, I'm sure we weren't just looking at his view point. Even the whole scene with camille walking in felt realtime.
: That wasn't purple smoke
Jhin's gun actually transforms people's flesh. So no surprised if he blew those guys into purple smoke. It's been stated that time and time again. The traps he had and the smoke there was actually there....not just in his imagination.
: Actually we did know that Jhin went to Piltover, it was said long time ago.
Did they ever explain the Jhin reference on the Medarda map?
: Awaken might be foreshadowing some juicy lore bits
The Jhin one really got me. He was on his way to Zaun. So If he did proceed to go there, i wouldn't be surprised to see Camille hot on his trail. But does Camille even know Jhin or of him?
Khabith (NA)
: Can we all just stop copying each other? It's getting kinda sad
Riot is the only one who can stop the cycle....and they are failing.
: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mUzprNYq,comment-id=000200020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T21:38:40.406+0000) > > Riot only ever said that because over-sensitive people got their panties in a bunch over a fantasy character. Riot didn't just say it. They delivered on it for several years. If it was just a hollow statement, they wouldn't have actively delivered on it like they did. > Why are you so opposed to the fact that Sylas is sexualized? He is?? I'm not opposed. Never said I was. > I could argue that making him buff and shirtless after 20 yrs in a prison VERY uneeded. He was chained up and everything. He should be looking rough as shit. But you know why they made him like that right? I don't see you addressign that matter though. And you wouldn't. He could possibly look rough as shit. But he also might not. You can see multiple instances of people who've been in prison and chose to workout and bulk up in reality. Granted, I get that this is a fantasy world and the conditions are different, but at least it's not a complete impossibility. > > Double standards. Kaisa has nothing wrong with her design. Riot's initial response was to have a reminder she's still human. Oh..... There are mild double standards, I will agree. However, at least Sylas' condition could be loosely explained, even if it's a weak argument that doesn't have much to stand on. He ate rats, but then, Lux also was a constant companion of his, who brought him things from the outside world and kept him company. That alone sets up a loose possibility that she probably brought him food. Plus, as others have mentioned, his shirtlessness stems from the fact that he's wearing massive stone cuffs that would prevent him from wearing a shirt like normal people are able to. And before you comment on his shaven face, clean hair, and nice pants, he's been free for a while now according to his lore, and has had time to clean himself up and amass an army of followers - even still, because we are unaware of how long he's been free, there is AMPLE time for him to have gotten a body like he's got from simply eating better as he roams Demacia while lugging around the petricite cuffs. So in short, there are holes and avenues in Sylas' lore that allow for explanations on why he looks like he looks and is how he is. For Kai'Sa, not so much. Her lore is pretty airtight in that she's been alone underground in a veritable hellscape until recently. There are simply no avenues or explanations available in her lore as to why she looks like a buxom supermodel.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mUzprNYq,comment-id=0002000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T21:52:56.821+0000) > > Riot didn't just say it. They delivered on it for several years. If it was just a hollow statement, they wouldn't have actively delivered on it like they did. > > I'm not opposed. Never said I was. > > He could possibly look rough as shit. But he also might not. You can see multiple instances of people who've been in prison and chose to workout and bulk up in reality. Granted, I get that this is a fantasy world and the conditions are different, but at least it's not a complete impossibility. > > There are mild double standards, I will agree. However, at least Sylas' condition could be loosely explained, even if it's a weak argument that doesn't have much to stand on. He ate rats, but then, Lux also was a constant companion of his, who brought him things from the outside world and kept him company. That alone sets up a loose possibility that she probably brought him food. > Plus, as others have mentioned, his shirtlessness stems from the fact that he's wearing massive stone cuffs that would prevent him from wearing a shirt like normal people are able to. > And before you comment on his shaven face, clean hair, and nice pants, he's been free for a while now according to his lore, and has had time to clean himself up and amass an army of followers - even still, because we are unaware of how long he's been free, there is AMPLE time for him to have gotten a body like he's got from simply eating better as he roams Demacia while lugging around the petricite cuffs. > So in short, there are holes and avenues in Sylas' lore that allow for explanations on why he looks like he looks and is how he is. > > For Kai'Sa, not so much. Her lore is pretty airtight in that she's been alone underground in a veritable hellscape until recently. There are simply no avenues or explanations available in her lore as to why she looks like a buxom supermodel. Uh, no. You're telling me he some how got buffed up being chained in a position where he literally cant move his arms much. I'm quite sure the image we see in his splash is him right after he escaped, no cosmetics. That's an assumption. He was sentenced to life in prison, of course he got meals from the prison to carry out his sentence. Prolly wasn't very consistent, but i'm almost sure it happened. You aren't gonna tell me lux been visiting him for more than 5 yrs.
: > [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mUzprNYq,comment-id=0002000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T21:18:37.577+0000) > > why does it really matter in a video game First off, just because it's a video game doesn't somehow give you an allowance to make bad design decisions that fuck up your delivery of characters you're placing into your universe. If one of the Harry Potter books had suddenly put Han Solo and Chewbacca flying in and saving Harry from Death Eaters, it would fucking destroy your immersion in the story and you would seriously start to question what the fuck J.K. Rowling was smoking when she wrote it. Characters and stories matter, especially in media and entertainment meant to immerse you into them. Kai'Sa specifically mattered because prior to her and Xayah, Riot had made pointed comments and discussions about how they'd fallen into tropes in the past of overly sexualizing women and not showing enough diversity in their cast of women - they said their cast suffered from the Barbie doll syndrome where they all looked alike but wore different costumes. They made females like Kalista, Illaoi, Rek'Sai, Taliyah, and Camille who actually broke down that issue by introducing women who looked more unique and delivered on fantasies that were less focused on being the next Barbie. Even Xayah still kept with breaking that old trope, because her overall delivery was less focused on her looks, and more focused on her edgy personality and relationship with Rakan. Then Kai'Sa came out, basically doing a complete 180 on years of progress from Riot on that front. They made a character who looked utterly nonsensical based on her backstory. It defied not only their statement from years back, but also common sense, basic understanding on how the world works, and how this character operated within the scope of the game. It was stupid and unneeded.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mUzprNYq,comment-id=00020002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T21:34:18.941+0000) > > First off, just because it's a video game doesn't somehow give you an allowance to make bad design decisions that fuck up your delivery of characters you're placing into your universe. If one of the Harry Potter books had suddenly put Han Solo and Chewbacca flying in and saving Harry from Death Eaters, it would fucking destroy your immersion in the story and you would seriously start to question what the fuck J.K. Rowling was smoking when she wrote it. Characters and stories matter, especially in media and entertainment meant to immerse you into them. > > Kai'Sa specifically mattered because prior to her and Xayah, Riot had made pointed comments and discussions about how they'd fallen into tropes in the past of overly sexualizing women and not showing enough diversity in their cast of women - they said their cast suffered from the Barbie doll syndrome where they all looked alike but wore different costumes. They made females like Kalista, Illaoi, Rek'Sai, Taliyah, and Camille who actually broke down that issue by introducing women who looked more unique and delivered on fantasies that were less focused on being the next Barbie. Even Xayah still kept with breaking that old trope, because her overall delivery was less focused on her looks, and more focused on her edgy personality and relationship with Rakan. > Then Kai'Sa came out, basically doing a complete 180 on years of progress from Riot on that front. They made a character who looked utterly nonsensical based on her backstory. It defied not only their statement from years back, but also common sense, basic understanding on how the world works, and how this character operated within the scope of the game. It was stupid and unneeded. Riot only ever said that because over-sensitive people got their panties in a bunch over a fantasy character. Why are you so opposed to the fact that Sylas is sexualized? He is?? I could argue that making him buff and shirtless after 20 yrs in a prison VERY uneeded. He was chained up and everything. He should be looking rough as shit. But you know why they made him like that right? I don't see you addressign that matter though. And you wouldn't. Double standards. Kaisa has nothing wrong with her design. Riot's initial response was to have a reminder she's still human. Oh.....
: Riot's at it again! Blatant over the top sexualized champion! Sylas the Magic of Hunky Studs
I like how people did not see this issue until now. I've literally been preaching about this same issue during a lot of my time on the boards. Riot, as of now, are trying to appeal to the wrong things and it's only going to make problems worst. There is a reason why we get a lesbian chick, then a shirtless handsome man right after her. Riot is really trying to turn their game into overwatch where the setting is really only appealing to females. I'd have to point fingers at the wrong people hired at riot. They are really destroying this game inside out.
Show more

GenoXx

Level 99 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion