: An (long) Essay on Permabans - One size fits all policies don't work
There's a key flaw in the way you present the problem. The ranking system works in such a way that it is fair to say that within 50 games you'll be back playing against opponents of your own skill, roughly. This means that the average number of players negatively impacted by playing against a smurf is about 250 people, using my 50 game number. With the millions and millions of players, this is an incredibly small problem and not worth the effort of trying to address.
Barkley (NA)
: The boards summed up in one post so you don't have to go read all of them
You forgot "The only reason I'm not Masters is because my team feeds every game".
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq72LrE3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-31T15:12:46.258+0000) > > You sound toxic. Toxic because I m right? Would you like to lose a game cause they didn t want to remake? Or cause someone goes afk cause of ragequit?
> [{quoted}](name=LostInTheDark07,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq72LrE3,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-07-31T19:37:38.834+0000) > > Toxic because I m right? Would you like to lose a game cause they didn t want to remake? Or cause someone goes afk cause of ragequit? Toxic because something happens once and you pretend it happens all the time. And calling all of your teammates monkeys and reporting them. So yeah, you sound toxic.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gZcY%%%p,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-07-30T01:29:49.846+0000) > > Honestly, you have to hard carry every game. That's the only way. For example, I was up for Gold 1 promos last week, and now I just got demoted to Gold 4. Why? Because I play fill every game and that means I get support most of the time. And even if you do get a role other than support, your team is almost always going to have at least 2 feeders on it. As an example, here's the last 5 games in the slide that took me from Gold 2 to Gold 4 > > Game 1: Loss > Me - Garen Top, 4-3-3 > My team - 1/9/5, 3/7/5, 2/6/4, 6/6/4 > > Game 2: Loss > Me - Lulu Support, 0-2-4 > Team - 1/7/3, 1/5/7, 5/3/4, 4/5/0 > > Game 3: Loss > Me - Garen Top, 8-3-11 > Team - 5/8/6, 8/7/6, 7/10/8, 2/10/19 > > Game 4: Loss > Me - Malphite Top, 2-2-8 > Team - 9/11/5, 4/12/3, 9/9/8, 2/10/13 > > Game 5: > Me - Amumu Jungle, 5-11-10 > Team - 4/8/7, 10/7/15, 6/2/14, 7/3/15 > > My average KDA: 5/4.2/7.2, for an average ratio of **3.0** > My team KDA: 4.75/7.25/7.55, for an average ratio of **1.69** > > As you can see, my teams do far worse than I do on average. The only way to combat that is to hard carry each and every game and recognize that even being better than your team, on average, is not enough. It's not enough to just be good, you have to dominate every game if you want to climb regularly as opposed to making a matchmaker that works? btw, there is a huge difference from someone playing badly or making mistakes....than people taking says ziggs support and csing all game, or hard inting, or doing the opposite of what other people are asking or pinging (like running into 5 people alone despite people pinging you missing and careful all the way to their 11th death the fact you have to hard carry 4 others as opposed to making a matchmaking system that doesnt suck is.....well worse than sad considering this company has made billions with a B....and plural
> [{quoted}](name=Matchmakinsux,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gZcY%%%p,comment-id=00100001,timestamp=2019-07-31T19:20:58.505+0000) > > as opposed to making a matchmaker that works? > btw, there is a huge difference from someone playing badly or making mistakes....than people taking says ziggs support and csing all game, or hard inting, or doing the opposite of what other people are asking or pinging (like running into 5 people alone despite people pinging you missing and careful all the way to their 11th death > > the fact you have to hard carry 4 others as opposed to making a matchmaking system that doesnt suck is.....well worse than sad considering this company has made billions > > with a B....and plural Ok, well then start a company that focuses on creating specialized algos for matchmaking purposes. If you can do it better, I guarantee you're a millionaire.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq72LrE3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-31T15:12:46.258+0000) > > You sound toxic. you sound super unhelpful in any way, and annoying your turn
> [{quoted}](name=Matchmakinsux,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq72LrE3,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-31T19:13:39.225+0000) > > you sound super unhelpful in any way, and annoying > > your turn And that's different than your response how?
: Riot when are you going to do something about afkers/ trolls in ranked games?
> [{quoted}](name=LostInTheDark07,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iq72LrE3,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-31T12:18:32.752+0000) > > On my main account I have 3 games in a row with afkers/rage quitters. In one game those monkeys called team mates refused to remake and guess what we were stomped then in the next match twitch went afk after 0/3 I reported him and no instant feedback nothing. Also those monkeys who refused to remake were reported. > Riot, if one of the teammates is afk since the beginning of the game you should automatically remake the game cause trolls/idots abuse this. At this point they don t even care to win the game in ranked games apparently. Wake up RIOT punish these trolls for real, stop sleeping. You sound toxic.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gZcY%%%p,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-07-30T01:29:49.846+0000) > > Honestly, you have to hard carry every game. That's the only way. For example, I was up for Gold 1 promos last week, and now I just got demoted to Gold 4. Why? Because I play fill every game and that means I get support most of the time. And even if you do get a role other than support, your team is almost always going to have at least 2 feeders on it. As an example, here's the last 5 games in the slide that took me from Gold 2 to Gold 4 > > Game 1: Loss > Me - Garen Top, 4-3-3 > My team - 1/9/5, 3/7/5, 2/6/4, 6/6/4 > > Game 2: Loss > Me - Lulu Support, 0-2-4 > Team - 1/7/3, 1/5/7, 5/3/4, 4/5/0 > > Game 3: Loss > Me - Garen Top, 8-3-11 > Team - 5/8/6, 8/7/6, 7/10/8, 2/10/19 > > Game 4: Loss > Me - Malphite Top, 2-2-8 > Team - 9/11/5, 4/12/3, 9/9/8, 2/10/13 > > Game 5: > Me - Amumu Jungle, 5-11-10 > Team - 4/8/7, 10/7/15, 6/2/14, 7/3/15 > > My average KDA: 5/4.2/7.2, for an average ratio of **3.0** > My team KDA: 4.75/7.25/7.55, for an average ratio of **1.69** > > As you can see, my teams do far worse than I do on average. The only way to combat that is to hard carry each and every game and recognize that even being better than your team, on average, is not enough. It's not enough to just be good, you have to dominate every game if you want to climb regularly i mean a 5 game data pool doesnt give you accurate results Also kda doesnt mean you win games. Kills also could just mean Killsteals Having a mindset that your team is holding you back isnt good. As you said your teams are almost always gonna have 1-2 feeders, but it doesnt mean their team cant either.
> [{quoted}](name=TacoComes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gZcY%%%p,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-07-30T07:41:27.042+0000) > > i mean a 5 game data pool doesnt give you accurate results > Also kda doesnt mean you win games. Kills also could just mean Killsteals > Having a mindset that your team is holding you back isnt good. > As you said your teams are almost always gonna have 1-2 feeders, but it doesnt mean their team cant either. Yes, my selection of the 5 games wasn't supposed to be a macro example, but a micro one. When it comes to climbing, every step is important. These 5 games represented going from Gold 2 to being demoted to Gold 4, which is a huge drop. And my comment wasn't really about "team holding you back." It was that you cannot expect to just be good and expect your team to also be good. You have to come in with the mindset that you are playing not only against the other team, but also competing with the lack of skill on your team.
Lo4ding (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T15:20:36.549+0000) > > So how do you detect a smurf from someone just creating an alt account? Also, VPN exists so IP banning doesn't work. Not to mention people who play on shared IP addresses such as college dorms, etc. > > Pushing account requirements might work, or just make lvl 1-30 xp gain slower. Well thats it. You cant. If smurfing were forbidden, it would must be by banning Alt account alltogether. Just one acc per server. I dont know how much information riot can get from their connection. Maybe MAC ban would be more sufficient if they would able to get it. You would need some reports on you for even considering that ban. But, as I said, they dont care. Hell, they dont even want to that way of banning and imho thats why this game is in such a bad state. If they ban someone, there is possibility that person would create new acc because addiction. And that person would spend some money on skins he wants. Again and again and again. (I know such a person). Greed will be downfall of this industry.
> [{quoted}](name=Lo4ding,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-30T05:53:32.201+0000) > > Well thats it. You cant. If smurfing were forbidden, it would must be by banning Alt account alltogether. Just one acc per server. I dont know how much information riot can get from their connection. Maybe MAC ban would be more sufficient if they would able to get it. You would need some reports on you for even considering that ban. > > But, as I said, they dont care. Hell, they dont even want to that way of banning and imho thats why this game is in such a bad state. If they ban someone, there is possibility that person would create new acc because addiction. And that person would spend some money on skins he wants. Again and again and again. (I know such a person). > > Greed will be downfall of this industry. I don't understand how you tie the fact that people will create new accounts no matter what with "greed" from Riot. Why isn't it that trying to ban people from creating alt accounts is both very stupid (pissing off a large amount of your player base that wants alt accounts) and very difficult (due to technical issues)?
: how do you climb? (honestly)
Honestly, you have to hard carry every game. That's the only way. For example, I was up for Gold 1 promos last week, and now I just got demoted to Gold 4. Why? Because I play fill every game and that means I get support most of the time. And even if you do get a role other than support, your team is almost always going to have at least 2 feeders on it. As an example, here's the last 5 games in the slide that took me from Gold 2 to Gold 4 Game 1: Loss Me - Garen Top, 4-3-3 My team - 1/9/5, 3/7/5, 2/6/4, 6/6/4 Game 2: Loss Me - Lulu Support, 0-2-4 Team - 1/7/3, 1/5/7, 5/3/4, 4/5/0 Game 3: Loss Me - Garen Top, 8-3-11 Team - 5/8/6, 8/7/6, 7/10/8, 2/10/19 Game 4: Loss Me - Malphite Top, 2-2-8 Team - 9/11/5, 4/12/3, 9/9/8, 2/10/13 Game 5: Me - Amumu Jungle, 5-11-10 Team - 4/8/7, 10/7/15, 6/2/14, 7/3/15 My average KDA: 5/4.2/7.2, for an average ratio of **3.0** My team KDA: 4.75/7.25/7.55, for an average ratio of **1.69** As you can see, my teams do far worse than I do on average. The only way to combat that is to hard carry each and every game and recognize that even being better than your team, on average, is not enough. It's not enough to just be good, you have to dominate every game if you want to climb regularly
: Stop making new champions and balance your game
What about creating an "affinity" system where certain champs do more damage to champions that are in the desired "affinity"? So for example, Zed would have an assassin tag, and Caitlyn would have a marksman tag. Assassins have affinity for marksmen, meaning they do X% more damage. Maybe expand it to 3 types of affinity: positive, negative and neutral. Zed would have positive affinity for marksmen, neutral affinity for mages and negative affinity for bruisers (or tanks, w/e), doing +x% damage, no change, and -x% damage, respectively.
Lo4ding (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-28T21:18:03.324+0000) > > Ok, tell me your solution to prevent Smurfs and other toxic players in low level with new players. tbh, smurfing should be IP banned. Like it is in most moba games. It basicaly abusing matchmaking for easy games where you can remove fun from game for anyone who is playing with or against you. I see no difference between hard inter, griever or even afker and smurf. They are only on other side of spectrum. They can push account level requirement for ranked games to 50 or 60. They can implement disclaimer for any account under 30 lvl in lobby for normal games that would heavily encourage to play against bots until he learns basic item building and micro skills. REMOVE CHAT IN BOT GAMES. And there are a lot of other beginner friendly ways to make the game appealing for new audience. However riot is focused on pro scene because it is making money. now. I do think that this short term sight for money in most of gaming industry will be its doom.
> [{quoted}](name=Lo4ding,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T04:41:00.146+0000) > > tbh, smurfing should be IP banned. Like it is in most moba games. It basicaly abusing matchmaking for easy games where you can remove fun from game for anyone who is playing with or against you. I see no difference between hard inter, griever or even afker and smurf. They are only on other side of spectrum. > > They can push account level requirement for ranked games to 50 or 60. They can implement disclaimer for any account under 30 lvl in lobby for normal games that would heavily encourage to play against bots until he learns basic item building and micro skills. REMOVE CHAT IN BOT GAMES. And there are a lot of other beginner friendly ways to make the game appealing for new audience. However riot is focused on pro scene because it is making money. now. I do think that this short term sight for money in most of gaming industry will be its doom. So how do you detect a smurf from someone just creating an alt account? Also, VPN exists so IP banning doesn't work. Not to mention people who play on shared IP addresses such as college dorms, etc. Pushing account requirements might work, or just make lvl 1-30 xp gain slower.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-28T21:18:03.324+0000) > > Ok, tell me your solution to prevent Smurfs and other toxic players in low level with new players. I mean, the MMR system has grossly let players down. They need to take a hard, long look at it. I had a Plat 4 and Silver 4 in the same game. How the fuck does that happen...? They need to narrow the gap of one's MMR compared to the enemy. Especially in lower elos, where a lot of the player base sits, there are many people to choose from. Take the extra 30 seconds to ensure quality balancing of teams. Games are too stompy now because they're too unbalanced. The system should be analyzing a players overall performance and assessing that more heavily than their current rank. If you have a smurf who isn't missing CS or is getting a kill a minute, regardless if they're low ELO, then they should be matched with tougher opponents. But in a way that makes sense. And if a smurf is actively keeping themselves in low elo by trolling games to ensure they lose, then they should face punishment for soft inting their games. Especially if there's data to support it. As for toxic players, the system as a whole is ABSOLUTELY failing in punishing griefers and inters. I honestly couldn't care less if someone is toxic, ever since they added the ability to mute, YOU now have control over that. The fact that the system still punishes toxicity so heavily is a bit ridiculous, when someone can call me a racial slur all they want, but as long as they're not griefing, and trying to win the game, then that's fine by me. It's the people who int or rage quit after the die in lane twice by 4 mins that ruin the game. But Riot does NOTHING about that.
> [{quoted}](name=th3doormatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-07-29T14:58:35.409+0000) > > I mean, the MMR system has grossly let players down. They need to take a hard, long look at it. I had a Plat 4 and Silver 4 in the same game. How the fuck does that happen...? > They need to narrow the gap of one's MMR compared to the enemy. Especially in lower elos, where a lot of the player base sits, there are many people to choose from. Take the extra 30 seconds to ensure quality balancing of teams. Games are too stompy now because they're too unbalanced. > The system should be analyzing a players overall performance and assessing that more heavily than their current rank. If you have a smurf who isn't missing CS or is getting a kill a minute, regardless if they're low ELO, then they should be matched with tougher opponents. But in a way that makes sense. And if a smurf is actively keeping themselves in low elo by trolling games to ensure they lose, then they should face punishment for soft inting their games. Especially if there's data to support it. > As for toxic players, the system as a whole is ABSOLUTELY failing in punishing griefers and inters. I honestly couldn't care less if someone is toxic, ever since they added the ability to mute, YOU now have control over that. The fact that the system still punishes toxicity so heavily is a bit ridiculous, when someone can call me a racial slur all they want, but as long as they're not griefing, and trying to win the game, then that's fine by me. It's the people who int or rage quit after the die in lane twice by 4 mins that ruin the game. But Riot does NOTHING about that. Your solutions have a few problems. First, it does nothing to address the first few games that a smurf plays in. If I'm a smurf and I newly got to level 30, I start in low level games, just like I do now. And when I win, I gain a huge amount of MMR, putting me with higher skilled players throughout promos. Your suggestion fails to address one of the core things that people complain about. Second, you propose using "data" to magically punish people for trolling or soft inting. That's not a solution. These types of systems are very hard to automate, or if they can, have too high of a level of false positives, which is why it is what it is right now. So, no solution provided to that problem either. Lastly, toxicity is easier to ban because it can be keyword focused. That's much easier than trying to determine through "data" that your jungle is soft inting by farming jungle instead of just being a bad jungler.
: Every time there's been a poll I've done my best to explain why the new player experience will never be anything but absolutely horrible under the current conditions. Most primarily because new players can expect to play with and against IP farming bots and flaming smurfs rather than fellow new players. Also because low MMR play isn't quite the wild west it once was and, unless you're a smurf ROFL-stomping noobs with a troll build for the lulz, a LOT is expected of players now in terms of knowledge of roles and builds even in low iron. New players who are trying to find their own way, exploring different items and strategies, not realizing that this isn't actually allowed and not having received any formal introduction to the basics they're expected to know unless through a third party, will be flamed to all hell. Constantly being told what to do and then being flamed for not doing it well enough doesn't fall in line with most people's idea of fun. So many people have said "no, thank you" when I told them they should give League a try just because they've heard that's what it's like.
> [{quoted}](name=Der Lindwurm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-28T17:10:12.478+0000) > > Every time there's been a poll I've done my best to explain why the new player experience will never be anything but absolutely horrible under the current conditions. Most primarily because new players can expect to play with and against IP farming bots and flaming smurfs rather than fellow new players. Also because low MMR play isn't quite the wild west it once was and, unless you're a smurf ROFL-stomping noobs with a troll build for the lulz, a LOT is expected of players now in terms of knowledge of roles and builds even in low iron. New players who are trying to find their own way, exploring different items and strategies, not realizing that this isn't actually allowed and not having received any formal introduction to the basics they're expected to know unless through a third party, will be flamed to all hell. Constantly being told what to do because and then being flamed for not doing it well enough doesn't fall in line with most people's idea of fun. So many people have said "no, thank you" when I told them they should give League a try just because they've heard that's what it's like. Ok, tell me your solution to prevent Smurfs and other toxic players in low level with new players.
nm1010 (NA)
: Back when he didn't give you any indication he was ulting I got jumped on going to my red buff while talking with somebody and almost knocked over my entire desk and computer. Headphones + the rengar roar was super loud lol.
Oh man....headphones too. I couldn't do it. And its even worse because by the time you realize what happened, you're already respawned back at pool.
Kattzy (NA)
: Oh hello, friendly neighborhood gaming business development manager here at your disposal! In general, we treat esports as a marketing cost rather than a revenue generator. The goal (for the developer, at least) is not to make money, but to hopefully break even, with the expectation that gains will be re-invested in the marketing initiative. I understand why you might think it would be better to invest in fixing bugs and whatnot, but the esports marketing budget is usually completely separate from the development budget. Both departments are critical to the success of the game, and each are staffed and budgeted for accordingly. I hope this is helpful to you!
> [{quoted}](name=Kattzy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QF808MLr,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-25T23:58:09.419+0000) > > Oh hello, friendly neighborhood gaming business development manager here at your disposal! In general, we treat esports as a marketing cost rather than a revenue generator. The goal (for the developer, at least) is not to make money, but to hopefully break even, with the expectation that gains will be re-invested in the marketing initiative. I understand why you might think it would be better to invest in fixing bugs and whatnot, but the esports marketing budget is usually completely separate from the development budget. Both departments are critical to the success of the game, and each are staffed and budgeted for accordingly. I hope this is helpful to you! Was going to post something the same, but glad to see you said it first. It's amazing how many people don't understand how certain aspects of business function, but will also immediately dismiss knowledgeable people's explanations immediately.
: Fair, but for me , there's nothing scarier than a rengar or a khazix popping out of a bush and deleting me.
> [{quoted}](name=Dead Anime Dad,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mFWa8Hmw,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-25T22:58:44.609+0000) > > Fair, but for me , there's nothing scarier than a rengar or a khazix popping out of a bush and deleting me. This. Not so much Kha, but the only time I've been jumpscared while playing LoL is from a Rengar ambush.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqMulAq9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-25T00:08:05.880+0000) > > Season 5, upon Juggernaut patch, was when Riot decided to eliminate meaningful weaknesses in champion design. > Season 6 was the worst for ranked gameplay due to dynamic queue. > Season 7 was when Riot pushed for snowbally high kill games. > Season 8 destroyed balance with Runes Reforged > Season 9 has done nothing to fix the problems or lasting effects of previous seasons. :( I can't really say that know much about previous seasons , because I started playing in season 7 and got addicted ever since then But I hella enjoyed season 9 compared to season 7 or 8 Like come on who actually liked the adc meta where better bot lane would just go 2v5 ? Or season 8 with the mentioned problems So for my knowledge is limited to those specific seasons
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqMulAq9,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-25T00:17:15.883+0000) > > :( I can't really say that know much about previous seasons , because I started playing in season 7 and got addicted ever since then > But I hella enjoyed season 9 compared to season 7 or 8 > Like come on who actually liked the adc meta where better bot lane would just go 2v5 ? > Or season 8 with the mentioned problems > So for my knowledge is limited to those specific seasons Well that's part of your problem with your post....The community has declared EVERY season since season 2 to be "the worst season". Just like this time next year season 10 will be the worst ever.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cristatachad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sOAH1gOE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T02:34:27.777+0000) > > Why was this removed? I kept hearing rumors that the Korean base used it as a badge of shame. Like if an opponent did exceptionally terrible in a game, they would be honored, as to eventually show that THIS PLAYER is absolutely useless.
> [{quoted}](name=Leona Helmsley,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sOAH1gOE,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:47:36.072+0000) > > I kept hearing rumors that the Korean base used it as a badge of shame. Like if an opponent did exceptionally terrible in a game, they would be honored, as to eventually show that THIS PLAYER is absolutely useless. I like this. Just goes to show that any system can be manipulated by creative people with ill intent.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: as someone who played a lot of ww pre rework and after I can't really understand this, he feels like the same champion but much more fun to play, he is a bit more busted though but for the ww player this shouldn't matter.
> [{quoted}](name=FkValeRly,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=0007000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T16:40:14.284+0000) > > as someone who played a lot of ww pre rework and after I can't really understand this, he feels like the same champion but much more fun to play, he is a bit more busted though but for the ww player this shouldn't matter. Agreed...I would say that the WW rework might be my #1 overall.
: Dont worry, I started S4 as well and as far as I can remember the boards are complaining that the season is the "Worst season ever", every single season. And I'm pretty confident that S10 will also be the worst season ever, before season 11 comes, of course.
> [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=seu7L2P1,comment-id=00030006,timestamp=2019-07-23T14:04:13.348+0000) > > Dont worry, I started S4 as well and as far as I can remember the boards are complaining that the season is the "Worst season ever", every single season. > > And I'm pretty confident that S10 will also be the worst season ever, before season 11 comes, of course. Accurate. Been playing since before season 1 started, and every season after season 2 has always been "the worst season".
: > [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2R0PJeAu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:13:36.532+0000) > > If you're referring to your 0/10 game as Diana... It was probably the feeding, not your pick That game is the reason I made this post. No one likes Yasuo except for people who play him. Yet hes allowed to have an overloaded kit because if they realse a yasuo skin people buy it. One example and ive had enough. I realized yasuo is a champ they will never fix. Compare his kit and what he does with any other champ in the game and it is comical. Meanwhile try playing diana when you are 2 levels behind. (HINT: You dont catch up) not to mention all other lanes lost that game. But you are right If im not challenger i have no business trying anything at all. Im just a troll clearly
> [{quoted}](name=I Smell Pizza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2R0PJeAu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-19T05:25:40.629+0000) > > That game is the reason I made this post. No one likes Yasuo except for people who play him. Yet hes allowed to have an overloaded kit because if they realse a yasuo skin people buy it. > One example and ive had enough. I realized yasuo is a champ they will never fix. Compare his kit and what he does with any other champ in the game and it is comical. > Meanwhile try playing diana when you are 2 levels behind. (HINT: You dont catch up) not to mention all other lanes lost that game. > But you are right If im not challenger i have no business trying anything at all. Im just a troll clearly If you got smashed 0-10 in a game, you're not ready to play that champ in ranked. You either are not good enough mechanically, or not familiar enough with that champ. I would also be pissed if I had you on my team. The ONLY exception is the 1/1000000 chance that you had the unfortunate luck of going against a smurf.
Ieafboom (NA)
: My account is beyond broken at this point. The game is literally unplayable
> [{quoted}](name=Ieafboom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oViZ4Aed,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-19T03:31:45.512+0000) > > Ever since patch 9.14 came out (40+ hours ago), my account hasn't been able to play games. At all, in any queue: SR/TT/ARAM/TFT, etc... (Except customs) > > ---- > > When I enter a lobby with friends after booting the client, I can't even see their nametags, but yet the slots are appearing as full: > > https://i.imgur.com/Tqn7iTp.jpg > > Whenever I'm in a lobby, friends can't invite me at all because it says "Patcher is disconnected": > https://i.imgur.com/WGjDcgl.jpg > > And once I create a lobby I cannot leave, the exit button is broken and this is what happens when I try to change queues: > > https://i.imgur.com/zWfnPLr.png > > I can't even start solo queues because it says "players are not ready": > > https://i.imgur.com/WGjDcgl.jpg > > Even when I do manage to create a lobby and invite my friends to make one of them hosts, they can't even start the game while i'm in there: > > https://i.imgur.com/bWLuvc2.jpg > > Here is a GIF of what happens when I try to start a game: > > https://imgur.com/a/ZjfaJkZ > > --- > > I have tried: > > * Rebooting Client > > * Rebooting Computer > > * Uninstalling/Reinstalling > > * Using Different Computers (Even swapping inbetween windows & mac) > > * Using the Hextech Repair Tool > > * Playing a custom game fully to see if it resets the account > > * Logging onto another account (See the next sentence) > > Surprisingly, this issue is only linked to my account because whenever I log onto another account the game works completely fine, even on the same computer. I can enter any queues, play any games, and lobbies work like normal. > > --- > > But for now on my main, the game is literally unplayable. I can't get into any queues, none of my friends can play with me, and I'm probably gonna decay out of diamond if this doesn't get fixed. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Sounds like a classic case of you needing to "git gud". Filthy Casual.
: Fiddlesticks relaunch Fear concept
The only problem with a 3 section solution is how do you differentiate between the three sections so that you can provide feedback to you, and your team, as to which fear you landed? Two section skills are easier because there is typically a clear delineation....Darius Q or Aatrox are good examples.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnukEGpm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-09T16:18:24.897+0000) > > Oh look, it's another one of these. > > The difficulty is here is sometimes poor play looks like "inting." (a term btw that is being heavily misused as it is sh orthand for "Intentionally" and most of the examples i've seen provided in posts like this don't look intentional to me). Riot is not going to punish people for being bad, plain and simple > > Second, "trolling" is subjective as well. Unless it's something really stupid like buying nothing but daggers or something liike that, it's hard to prove. They could just have had an unusual champion (or combo) that worked well (for at least one game) and just because you dont think that c hamp should be in that position, doesn't mean you're not going to be able to win. People have found good unexpected uses for many champions in the game. > > Point is, it isn't trivial to prove these cases except for the super obvious blatant cases where someone flat out says they don't care and is clearly trying to ruin your game and not even pretend to try to contribute in any way whatsoever, whether successful or not. it can be super obvious and blatant if you watch vods of the game instead of just waiting for bots to catch even more obvious cases like you gave examples of
> [{quoted}](name=ThisName1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EnukEGpm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T16:43:23.733+0000) > > it can be super obvious and blatant if you watch vods of the game instead of just waiting for bots to catch even more obvious cases like you gave examples of No you're right...They should hire an army of people just to watch mediocre players to determine if they're hard stuck because of "inting".
Barkley (NA)
: Just a simple request for silver-gold junglers (and maybe higher elo ones?)
I have to disagree, especially in the Silver and Gold ranks. There's a high likelihood that your teammate will misplay and miss the kill. Much have rather have that kill secured. There are the 1% of the time chances where the enemy laner has no summs and are within auto attack range of your teammate and they are at 50 hp.....but that's the only situation where I'm not securing the kill.
: PSA: Buy 1 cost units early, even if you plan on not using them later.
Wait...There's a limit to the amount of cards that each champ has in game? Is there a source for this?
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Came back to the game after a year, holy cow
Yes...adding items to matchmaking becomes a cardinality problem.
: What noob mistakes did you make starting out?
Ha....I had the same exact one you did. I can clearly remember a moment when I am playing Yi in season 1 and trying like hell to smite the enemy team.
ooshawn (NA)
: To be honest i agree with him. There are people too childish to use chat in game and they should simply be muted. Now he will just make a new account and be more angry than before. I'm tired of my friends getting banned and then I have to play garbage norms for a month because he isn't even level 30. I think riot needs to rethink this multiple account garbage and realize that it just leads to increased disconnect to the game and your account in general. Now he has even less reason to hold back from calling people r%%%%% etc etc .. if you throw out a punishment like a permanent ban that easily over words, nobody is gonna have a deep commitment to any one particular account and obviously that's the case. Nobody in league has less than 2-4 accounts after you play for awhile
> [{quoted}](name=ooshawn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QAlVYBHJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-18T07:16:39.792+0000) > > To be honest i agree with him. There are people too childish to use chat in game and they should simply be muted. Now he will just make a new account and be more angry than before. I'm tired of my friends getting banned and then I have to play garbage norms for a month because he isn't even level 30. I think riot needs to rethink this multiple account garbage and realize that it just leads to increased disconnect to the game and your account in general. Now he has even less reason to hold back from calling people r%%%%% etc etc .. if you throw out a punishment like a permanent ban that easily over words, nobody is gonna have a deep commitment to any one particular account and obviously that's the case. Nobody in league has less than 2-4 accounts after you play for awhile Playing since the beginning. Only one account.
Satakieli (EUNE)
: This client is like a next-level virus
I see these posts about how "bad" the client is and I've never seen anything like what is described. I've been playing since the beginning and maybe 5 or 6 times over the years I've had an issue with the client. I bet it's more due to a fault with your computer than the client. I have a generic setup (windows based) and do not have these issues.
: That's because you weren't playing Twitch jungle.
> [{quoted}](name=Scarefish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FBA2NNVN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-29T00:05:21.281+0000) > > That's because you weren't playing Twitch jungle. Dang, you're right. Will fix.
: You don't get "Auto filled" 4 games in a row. Don't take jungle as secondary and you will get Support 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FBA2NNVN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-28T23:00:29.645+0000) > > You don't get "Auto filled" 4 games in a row. Don't take jungle as secondary and you will get Support 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the time. You right. I meant I picked "Fill" 4 games in a row. Thanks.
Rioter Comments
: Mandatory Arbitration Still There For Current Riot Employees
As an employer who has dozens of employees, including software engineers, I have a first-hand perspective on this. Arbitration clauses are put there to protect the company, but in the end, that also protects the consumer. How? Because arbitration prevents frivolous lawsuits from being filed against the company that they have to spend real money to defend, even if the case is thrown out or the case is won. And as someone else said, if they believe the offense is egregious enough, or that arbitration is not in the interest of the case, they can go ahead and file suit anyway. Bunch more on this topic, but I'm not going to spend a ton of time going into details unless there's interest.
: In Promos for Gold!!! So Excited!
: Buddy, not sure if you are trolling, but Gold 5 has been gone for a few months now tough :D
> [{quoted}](name=Britnéy Spéars,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=METQsEpv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-26T23:57:15.384+0000) > > Buddy, not sure if you are trolling, but Gold 5 has been gone for a few months now tough :D Oh my god, youre right. I totally forgot they changed it when they added Iron. Ok, I'm dumb. You burst my bubble, here I am thinking I skipped a rank because I was on a streak going into promos. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Guess my real ELO is forever going to be bronze. Including that one year I went 7/3 W/L in placements and got BV. {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKatPet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=METQsEpv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-26T22:25:58.717+0000) > > Guess my real ELO is forever going to be bronze. Including that one year I went 7/3 W/L in placements and got BV. > {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} I BELIEVE!
Rioter Comments
: currently, they can technically ban you for whatever they want
DING DING DING DING! Check out the big brain over here!
: [All]WHO U TESTIN: big brain players [All]WHO U TESTIN: nah im chilling [All]WHO U TESTIN: this guy got raped last game WHO U TESTIN: blitz WHO U TESTIN: stfu WHO U TESTIN: and then you walk over there WHO U TESTIN: like what WHO U TESTIN: you just saw me die WHO U TESTIN: to them WHO U TESTIN: then you walk over to them [All]WHO U TESTIN: idc bout that shit [All]WHO U TESTIN: but who bans elise [All]WHO U TESTIN: you win that dumbass [All]WHO U TESTIN: you pullin shit out your ass [All]WHO U TESTIN: op.gg has it at 52 your way [All]WHO U TESTIN: ok? [All]WHO U TESTIN: renek won you the rotations around top [All]WHO U TESTIN: bc gnar useless champ WHO U TESTIN: bc elise is the only decent ap jungler in the game WHO U TESTIN: this is common knowledge WHO U TESTIN: which is why i said something in champ select WHO U TESTIN: so you cant say shit now WHO U TESTIN: any person with above 40 iq [All]WHO U TESTIN: wrap this up WHO U TESTIN: like i said WHO U TESTIN: idc Game 3024973516: WHO U TESTIN: who do you think you are WHO U TESTIN: telling anyone else what to do WHO U TESTIN: how about you stfu WHO U TESTIN: stop trying to roam vs akali WHO U TESTIN: she is just gonna kill you every time WHO U TESTIN: or just keep feeding WHO U TESTIN: cmon WHO U TESTIN: dw guys WHO U TESTIN: white knight jax is gonna win us the game WHO U TESTIN: youre right WHO U TESTIN: ive had no presence in your lane at all WHO U TESTIN: jax why are you typing when your lane looks like this WHO U TESTIN: land an ability [All]WHO U TESTIN: i am look at my lanes [All]WHO U TESTIN: worthless sacks of garbage across the board WHO U TESTIN: jax seriously WHO U TESTIN: youre horrid WHO U TESTIN: id rather have toxic and decent player WHO U TESTIN: than white knight dog shit [All]WHO U TESTIN: yep better jungle wins LUL WHO U TESTIN: you lost bc you got caught in rotation 3 times in a row WHO U TESTIN: those 2 ganks mid didnt do shit [All]WHO U TESTIN: doesnt matter [All]WHO U TESTIN: stupid is as stupid does [All]WHO U TESTIN: and my solo lanes are as stupid as they come Game 3023439793: WHO U TESTIN: nice WHO U TESTIN: so theyre bot just a lot better huh WHO U TESTIN: use hook WHO U TESTIN: we lose 100% bc bot diff WHO U TESTIN: thats amazing WHO U TESTIN: why are you running with full hp WHO U TESTIN: youre straight up apes WHO U TESTIN: just legit chimpanzees WHO U TESTIN: i could see they were doing baron from the other side of the map WHO U TESTIN: youre right fuckin there and you cant tell WHO U TESTIN: you have no clue how to play jinx WHO U TESTIN: you just stand there with rocket form WHO U TESTIN: flash hook the fucking draven WHO U TESTIN: hes literally their entire team WHO U TESTIN: gg WHO U TESTIN: nice darius main btw WHO U TESTIN: yep WHO U TESTIN: this game WHO U TESTIN: all me WHO U TESTIN: look at you WHO U TESTIN: now look at me WHO U TESTIN: your the homeless guy at cvs WHO U TESTIN: im brad pitt WHO U TESTIN: you ulted the wrong person WHO U TESTIN: omg WHO U TESTIN: dariu sone trick [All]WHO U TESTIN: this is a better jungle wins kinda game [All]WHO U TESTIN: vi establishing her dominance with double tri force
Good to see the system working as intended. Thank you for posting this. It gives the non-believers hope to see toxic behavior banned.
: Riot games is the source of all toxicity
Ironic, because I actually believe people like you are the main cause of toxicity in league.
: Ranked Is The Most Toxic Thing I Have Ever Experienced
This sounds like something people say every season, but I agree that this season's ranked experience (for me) has been the worst in memory. This season seems to have even worse matchmaking in my range (high silver/low gold) this season than I can remember from previous seasons. My series of games last night are a perfect example. Of the 5 games, only 1 was even semi-close in outcome. Win or lose, the team that won, won by a huge margin. Also, I queue fill almost every time and so I mostly get support, which I'm ok with. However, it's even more difficult for a support player to be able to swing games where your team goes 0-6, 2-12, 2-6, and 5-9.
Colte (NA)
: is this a april fools joke? i expected win streaks in your match history but got the complete opposite
> [{quoted}](name=Colte,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxAPhYNu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-04T01:10:20.226+0000) > > is this a april fools joke? i expected win streaks in your match history but got the complete opposite I'm not sure what part of my original post made you think there was win streaks, when I clearly described the exact opposite.
Unker139 (NA)
: They never removed positional matchmaking. They removed positional ranks.
> [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxAPhYNu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-04T01:08:12.787+0000) > > They never removed positional matchmaking. They removed positional ranks. You're right...That's what I meant.
Rioter Comments
: This is a super skewed perception of the game. a) Saying "Rift Herald wins 60-70% of games" is super skewed because its not the fact that you _actually got the herald_, it has to do more with what the _herald means_. Or what getting first tower _means_. It usually means you are _already winning_ in terms of kills/map pressure which allows you to get herald. You think if the whole game is even, you sneak a herald, it'll suddenly increase your win chances by 10-20%? Hell no. Even arguably it could be worse, since you could be looking for ganks/counterganks/open up botside to a gank due to jungler knowing your topside doing herald. Or like getting first inhib. It usually means you are massively ahead. This is true for all the stats you provided. You cannot pigeonhole into "I must get X objective" because then you cannot adapt to the dynamic of the game or how your team is playing. b) Dying 1 for 1 or dying isn't _always bad_. If you dive them under tower 1 for 1, that is usually worth because you deny them a creep wave and it'll slowpush back to you when you respawn. Not to mention if they have a bounty. **Contrary to what people say:** Every death is _NOT_ a mistake. You see MidBeast's series where he tries to climb without dying at all? It is much much harder than if he was unchained. There are matchups where you should play aggressively and pressure. You should also be wary of the jungle. Is it possible that some jungler takes a super weird path and gives up scuttles/camps/drake to gank your lane instead? Sure. Does that mean next game you should ward that weird path or just play safe "just in case". Hell no. You should play the matchup properly and prepare for the pathing that 95% of junglers will take. This will improve your chances of winning. You cannot shake your fundamentals because SoloQ players did some weird shit. There is a reason even in professional play, junglers can get a lot of ganks off. Also giving up your life for a big game winning combo/pick? Also worth. You say "**Getting kills doesn't win you the game**", but guess what, _"not dying"_ doesn't win you the game either. The only thing that wins you the game is killing the Nexus. You can do it by teamfighting 24/7 like Griffin, or you can do it by splitpushing/sieging like SKT. Doesn't make one style better than the other. Guess what, if you play to "not die" or just play like a bitch all game, then you _will_ 100% feel like your games are coinflips. c) Damage scales faster and harder for most classes than health. "Building health" casually is stupid, and it will fall off hard since you don't have the resistances to match. That extra 300 health doesn't mean shit compared to a potential huge increase in DPS. This is especially true for ADCs and Mages where the synergy in their items makes them spike exponentially the more you stack them up. Reason Bruisers can build health is because their items are super synergistic and have health just "added on" to them. On top of high base defenses which helps their health scale harder. Hell, looking at your own games, you rarely build health besides the black cleaver (which is an optimal build for Jayce - nothing to do with just "buying extra health"). Lucian isn't even close to the strongest ADC right now either. Glass cannon builds on Sivir/Jinx/Vayne are much stronger than Lucian. Theres a reason you don't see casual tank items/warmogs on ADCs and mages since season 3. Item synergies are too good.
I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. This is a classic case of correlation versus causation. Did getting Rift Herald make your win rate 60/70%? Or is it a team that has enough skill and awareness to get first Herald also one that is good enough to win 60-70% of the time.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Why do people hate playing support?
I've mained Leona for a few seasons now and in my skill level (High Silver/Low Gold) I feel like I don't have enough influence over the outcome of the match. It really feels like I need a duo bot lane in order to win lanes/games based on my skill alone. For example, if I am going against a lane that has Morg as support, I will E to Morg to try and get her to shield herself and then proceed to CC the adc. But without being able to talk through that, more often than not my lane partner will just begin AAing the Morg since I jumped her first.
: The sharp spike in getting autofilled JG should be a wakeup call to Riot
I realized that I am also getting autofilled into jungle so much more this season than last. Last season I selected "fill" 95% of the time and I almost always got support. Now it's support maybe 50%, jungle 40% and the other 10% being the other lanes.
: Nice. I can't really draw humans or hands, but I'll be here waiting for someone who can to bring this to life. Cause my gods, I need this.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=gZ9cFL3t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:53:35.446+0000) > > Nice. I can't really draw humans or hands, but I'll be here waiting for someone who can to bring this to life. Cause my gods, I need this. Thanks for the support. I NEED JHIN CENA IN MY LIFE.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Ginger976

Level 178 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion