: I got a job but I barely talk to anybody and everyone think I am weirdo :/
> [{quoted}](name=Summoners Drift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfWlNIEY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-25T03:08:01.745+0000) > > I got a job but I barely talk to anybody and everyone think I am weirdo :/ I feel you. I became the Crazy Dude at all my jobs because of this
: Why should I? Do you believe you deserve to know?
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfWlNIEY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-25T01:58:46.951+0000) > > Why should I? Do you believe you deserve to know? Only you can answer that question. I've spent so much time on the internet I wanna change it. To do so I need more than just my own experiences
: Am here :)
> [{quoted}](name=JustTryinM8,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfWlNIEY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-25T01:19:15.700+0000) > > Am here :) ( . _.)b
: I never even knew "NEET" was a thing
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfWlNIEY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-25T01:03:36.373+0000) > > I never even knew "NEET" was a thing It's a japanese term that became popular recently
: The answer to questions like these is always another question: >How easy would it be to abuse?
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kE2MshlT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-24T22:56:05.161+0000) > > The answer to questions like these is always another question: "Bruh I'mma bout to demote, just leave this game is lost"
: I use my computer all day, every day (except when I go to college)
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NfWlNIEY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-24T23:00:35.623+0000) > > I use my computer > all day, every day > (except when I go to college) That was one syllable off from a haiku on line 1 and 3 6-5-8. ... wait ... is a haiku 757 or 575?
: Ghosts of the internet, I want to hear from you
This topic isn't about judgement. It's not about right or wrong. It's about many things, chief of which how virtual worlds make us feel I'll provide an example of dubious morality. LEsson of this story: people hold grudges, don't use auto-login. A game of open world survival. A type of MMO pvp farmville. Haven and Hearth before the 3d update My group and I were trolling through the wilderness taking things from decaying bases. At some point we trespassed on a korean clan village that was mostly decayed. The next morning I wake up and we are being seiged by 4 korean Gokus one shotting us with slingshots. They build a brick wall around our base and lock it. We thankfully have an underground tunnel leading out to a natural cave. A certain guy in my group takes everything left of value and leaves the skype group. Fuck the Koreans. We'll never get back at those guys. I backtrack to the site of a couple of our decaying base raids. I can find scents of our transgressions which will lead me right to where this guy went. I put on my mask for the performance of a lifetime{{champion:202}} Halfway across the world, past the Neutral zone, a trek which would take me a day and a half, I find the guy. The dude realizes I know where he is and offers me back in right away. He knows the rest of the group will stomp his shit in if we're left to stay mad at him He won't trust me in his house. Naturally. A couple others had followed him. I based with them, no one else from the main group was allowed to come over. I played my cards carefully. Me and the dude had a mutual connection through another Moba at the time. I sent him a tutorial video infected with a RAT. I knew he kept his computer on while he was at school and that I'd only have about a day before antivirus would catch my shitty attempt at encrypting my little payload He logged in and gave our stuff back willingly. He was even nice enough to delete all his characters in apology. Funny how a program still in ram can delete itself from the pc before terminating. Next Episode: Finding and telling a Kid what his abusive mother wrote about him.
: Why do people int feed?
> [{quoted}](name=Only Communicate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WmKEcZp0,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-24T22:02:51.009+0000) > > If you die 3 times in lane, it's fine. But if you die 5+ times it's inting even if you didn't plan to. > > Why don't people learn that they have to play safely. I'mma point out your flaw in logic. Ready? >even if you didn't plan to Sorry no that isn't how it works.
Rioter Comments
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginsanchou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I1BFj46I,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-02-21T17:19:27.595+0000) > > There is an official statement that Riot aims to push your winrate to 50% in order to push oyu into the right ELO No, there are statements that say people eventually end up at 50% because that's what happens when you're playing against equally skilled people. That's not the same as saying the system stacks the game against you when you're winning.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I1BFj46I,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-02-21T17:23:14.244+0000) > > No, there are statements that say people eventually end up at 50% because that's what happens when you're playing against equally skilled people. > > That's not the same as saying the system stacks the game against you when you're winning. ergo, they treat 50% winrates as proof the"system is working" thus the system is likely unintentionally designed to push 50%
Subdue (NA)
: Where did this ridiculous forced win rate conspiracy theory start? It's obnoxious and makes no sense at all! Even the most basic of questions throw out on its head! Why would Riot do it? How does Riot select the 4 people that should lose with you? How does Riot select the 5 people that should get a free win in the other side?
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I1BFj46I,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-21T13:39:44.667+0000) > > Where did this ridiculous forced win rate conspiracy theory start? It's obnoxious and makes no sense at all! Even the most basic of questions throw out on its head! > > Why would Riot do it? > > How does Riot select the 4 people that should lose with you? > > How does Riot select the 5 people that should get a free win in the other side? There is an official statement that Riot aims to push your winrate to 50% in order to push oyu into the right ELO
: Kill yourself.
Welp my Gameplay thread got deleted GuessI'm here now. Sup?
zPOOPz (NA)
: well, suicide is a touchy subject and sometimes people are just not comfortable discussing it. It has nothing to do with being nice.
They are being nice by not talking about it, which in and of itself is a valuable thing sometimes.
: Kill yourself.
MAybe there should be text on the screen at all times about what will get you a penalty?
zPOOPz (NA)
: HOW are you being treated as just a shitposter? I don't see much insults, trollings, etc. you typically find in a real shitpost. Sometimes, people are not interested in a topic.... That doesn't mean they think the thread is a shitpost. It just means people are simply not interested...
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=U9O0URx5,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-02-18T18:36:29.203+0000) > > HOW are you being treated as just a shitposter? I don't see much insults, trollings, etc. you typically find in a real shitpost. Sometimes, people are not interested in a topic.... That doesn't mean they think the thread is a shitpost. It just means people are simply not interested.. Silence can be deafening. But Honestly, I purposely didn't come around for a few days because I expected a waterfall. I can make assumptions all day about why, but maybe people being nice for a change is a good assumption to go with ( . _.)b
: The punishment system and mental health
Can a script be coded to evaluate your chat and rate your toxicity? An opt-in button you use post-game?
: The punishment system and mental health
Am I still being treated as just a shitposter? This issue caused me genuine emotional distress. Being "right" in League was all I had while my mind worked on something better. Proving my strategies were useful became everything I lived for. I can see ways my situation can be avoided. And I don't really know what I want with this topic anymore... maybe just to know I wasn't ignored again and that my story is really being taken into consideration? It comes to mind that lots of people judged me for this post. But again, the lukewarm response to what I had to say and silence after I poured my hear out is just disappointing. Maybe some part of me is doing this for attention. Maybe I've convinced myself I'm doing it for attention because I feel people jujdging me and am trying tobe humble. Maybe doing things like this is actually all I have to distract myself from the painful reality I live in. I do not have the answer, honestly. But for my sake and others, as I ACTUALLY WRITE THE WORDS, I wanna try and do sOMETHING so that we can avoid needless punishment and escalation. MAke the rules clearer to people who /never come to the forums/. Avoid the phenomenon of "well I act this way all the time must be ok". Use the system to give feedback not in a aggressive manner, but a helpful one. Turn the systems purpose around.
Ulanopo (NA)
: >I ALWAYS expected I would get a warning /BEFORE/ a penalty, /because/ I've never had said penalty. A 10-game chat restriction is effectively a warning.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=U9O0URx5,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-17T03:47:19.946+0000) > > A 10-game chat restriction is effectively a warning. I suppose I 'm just of the opinion that merely adding the one layer would open up more possibilities. IF even one person avoids becoming more toxic without the need for an escalation. I feel like that's a win. The permanent black mark picked at my brain and my soul. My reduced and locked honor felt like a stain on everything I held dear to this world. But that was all the catylyst to what happened to me today. I've seen the rising trend in sadness across this board. I've read many different things and they disturb me. At the back of my mind, I take every individual here on this board as someone whose lives have been ruined for just a small amount of time, over 100 times(number relating to the number of games one has playeD). I relate my emotions to individual experiences. Across seconds. Across Weeks and years. I live the loop of trying to live in this world millions of times a day. People depend on games in this day and age to keep them sane. To relax and forget. For some, it's their only socialization. Many don't have the words, the time, or the energy to come here and relate their experience. Progress in a game is their only tether to reality while they search for answers. What to do. What to wear. What to eat. WIll they have enough money to support themselves. Whether their lives are even sustainable in this ever changing world. Can ANY resources be put forward to prevent even /just one person/ from having to feel what I feel on a daily basis? For some people, they don't want to relive the fear they feel in daily life by coming here to talk about what they felt. Their problems are more important to them than a silly old game, but that one good game could have saved their life. How easy it's teeter over the edge and do something stupid. I'll reiterate that merely feeling like doing it is a deeper experience that anyone will realize. And as a person who experiences every individual moment as a thousand lifetimes(by choice), I can relate to the total important of seconds in time being a factor in someones life. I didn't do anything today. But I felt that urge. I felt that tug. I relive this so many times a day, it hurts. But I always have. And I always will. I know this about myself. I guess I'll just come out and say it. I've been calling out for help in the chat logs. I felt like even just one person might be listening and send out a personal warning or something. One support staffer who would read what I wrote and check if I was ok with a suspension and an email. ONE person to check after the game if I was alright with a friend request. Even just a canned message in a popup about the suicide hotline given after a particularly hard feed where I could have keyworded "I hate my life " or some variant thereof. I don't know what I wanted. I just wanted someone to care. To know someone had my back at Riot. Nothing ever came. I continued to call and there was no answer. I live every day in a constant state of thinking of what I can do better because I live life on a matter of seconds. Can even ONE needlessly ended life be saved by even making ONE little change that maybe helps 100 or so people over the course of its lifetime to reform? Without taking that next step? In this world of bots and computer language and other technical jargon buzzwords like neural net processors and things like that? In a matter of seconds, a life can be gone. Can SOMETHING be done to ensure that people don't end up like I almost did, even just for that little split second as the world came crashing down, everything was meaningless, and I felt like taking the plunge? Even as, as I always have, and I always will, I snapped back and reminded myself why I continue to live, and it's in spite of these shitty feelings, it's in SPITE of all the people who cause me pain, it's in SPITE of ALL those people who call me a coward for not conforming to their ideals and or for MERELY FUCKING NOT PICKING A META ADC.... *breaking down crying talking about that last one* Such a LITTLE stupid thing that picks and picks and pick and PICKS AND PICKS AND PICKS AND PICKS AT YOUR BRAIN because it doesn't matter HOW MANY GAMES YOU PLAY people ALWAYS WANT YOU TO DIE because YOU WONT PICK A FUCKING META ADC. It STARTS the SPIRAL. Even though it's your best. Even though it's what you play for fun. Because this game is fun, Were all having fun here right? You're supposed to play what you enjoy to climb Right? RIGHT? THATS HOW I MADE GOLD I PLAYED THE F%%%ING THRESH INTO GOLD. Look, I get I'm being watched for even making this thread and ADMITTING TO ANYTHING because in this world and age we HAVE TO be on the lookout for those who might be hurting inside and to make sure they have help. For the sake of ANYONE who came as close to I did and DO ON A DAILY BASIS as part of a LOOPING CYCLE of mere EXISTENCE. But I'll survive. I know why I have to. I have purpose. It just takes some reminding sometimes. And its making sure AS MANY OF US survive as possible. It's a purpose I've had for a long time. It's what gets me up in the morning and drives my ideals. MY projects. What I will bring to this world to make sure we all move forward without needless loss of life. But IF this happens even ONCE more to some other person but they don't have the sense to bring up their experience, is it just another vague obituary in the newspaper? "Died from depression. Work and love life bleak. Played Video Games Alot" I will leave it at this, I can't think of anything more that
Ulanopo (NA)
: >I'm advocating this history be used to /warn a known positive player/ they are at risk. I think this is a solution in search of a problem. Very, very few people trigger the IFS even once. Of those people, more than half reform after a single punishment. The population you are attempting to service - people who are generally positive, yet toxic enough to be in danger of a ban - doesn't exist in any meaningful sense. Riot strongly prioritizes systems with the greatest impact. That's why they haven't put any effort into enhancing the part of the IFS that notifies you when someone you reported was banned. Additionally, I think you're not understanding my comment about how people react to punishments. Riot did away with warnings because adding punishment tiers didn't affect recidivism rates in a significant way. A warning, a chat restriction, a suspension, a CareBear ecard asking them to find their heart... They are all pretty equally effective. That's why the number of punishments is set to a specific number. It's also why the first two tiers are chat restrictions - they're designed to target a VERY specific thing and they can be skipped over with ease. Most of the more serious toxicity jumps directly to the 14-day "last chance" ban.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=U9O0URx5,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-02-17T02:36:16.759+0000) > > I think this is a solution in search of a problem. Very, very few people trigger the IFS even once. Of those people, more than half reform after a single punishment. The population you are attempting to service - people who are generally positive, yet toxic enough to be in danger of a ban - doesn't exist in any meaningful sense. Riot strongly prioritizes systems with the greatest impact. That's why they haven't put any effort into enhancing the part of the IFS that notifies you when someone you reported was banned. > Given how deeply I was affected by this, I can't say it isn't an issue. I know for a fact if /I/ felt this strongly about recieving a penalty, someone else out there felt it even worse than I did and did something stupid. More can be done to support people on the edge. More can be done to provide feedback. More can be done to /reduce the number of penalties put forth/ in a way that still accomplishes reform. Even in that small population vacuum you refer to. > Additionally, I think you're not understanding my comment about how people react to punishments. Riot did away with warnings because adding punishment tiers didn't affect recidivism rates in a significant way. A warning, a chat restriction, a suspension, a CareBear ecard asking them to find their heart... They are all pretty equally effective. That's why the number of punishments is set to a specific number. It's also why the first two tiers are chat restrictions - they're designed to target a VERY specific thing and they can be skipped over with ease. Most of the more serious toxicity jumps directly to the 14-day "last chance" ban. And I'm not saying we should do away with the system as it stands. I'm saying we should add more layers of feedback to it. I'm saying clarity needs to be put forth. A suggestion that comes to mind is that the IFS should be adjusted to warn players they were close to a penalty... but I am NOT saying that the current threshhold needs to be highered (hired? autocorrect not giving me anything) or lowered. People need to KNOW if they came close, but didn't catch a penalty. People NEED feedback BEFORE their hearts are broken like mine almost got. Edit: or at least a way to get proper evaluation from an official source I ALWAYS expected I would get a warning /BEFORE/ a penalty, /because/ I've never had said penalty. I've seen the warning screen on streams. I know it exists. But one game is all it took to cross the line because of some bad things I said that sound really bad in context. Because I tried to explain my teams side. Because I defended my pick. It makes me believe that I've been flagged and the system has been WAITING to catch me with a linecrosser. And if that simply isn't the case, I have to take this at face value that while I engaged in toxic behavior(refer to other thread), what I said BEFORE it sealed my fate in a way that I just can't agree with. I would have liked to have known /on the card/ what exactly the penalty was for, as I can bring this to the forums all day and they can speculate all night but unless a Rioter walks in I'd be clueless as to what exact mistake I made(or if I was truly the victim of what I termed to be called "keywording")
: The punishment system and mental health
Is the system giving /enough/ feedback to people whether they are positive or negative?
Ulanopo (NA)
: >I feel like no actual weight is given to the individual in question: how often they get bullied by other laners, how often they offer constructive chat, how often they support other people getting bullied by others. How often they mute and move on. I don't think you're giving enough weight to the negative things people experience. If I'm in a game with someone being an absolute asshat, I don't really care about games in which that person _wasn't_ an asshat. I'm not in those games and that behavior - or, more likely, nothing more than a lack of negative behavior - doesn't change anything. Moreover, I don't think it's fair for the reward for positive behavior to be not being punished for negative behavior. Positive - or at least neutral - behavior should be the baseline expectation.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=U9O0URx5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-02-17T00:29:22.030+0000) > > Moreover, I don't think it's fair for the reward for positive behavior to be not being punished for negative behavior. Positive - or at least neutral - behavior should be the baseline expectation. btw if I don't address a statement, it's probably because I agree with it. as for this one, I don't think you're looking at it the right way. I'm not advocating using this history to /not punish/ people, I'm advocating this history be used to /warn a known positive player/ they are at risk. Someone who is shown TRYING to do right for a long history before being handed down the penalty
: The punishment system and mental health
Let's start simple, : What more could be done to warn people close to getting penalized? What does the system teach us about what we think we know about the rules and what we don't? Is a lack of penalty inadvertent positive reinforcement of problematic behaviors? Could "Soft Reform" cards be sent out before a penalty? Is a Penalty always needed?
: The punishment system and mental health
This is an emotional appeal to put the conversation in a different perspective, nothing more. I have related my personal experiences for emphasis, and I have never wished for a revocation of my penalty. I have support. You people do not have to worry about my physical well being (nor would I want you to) I feel like this conversation is always had in the context of "I crossed the line and this isn't fair" and never how penalties make people who are otherwise positive feel. And how the extreme margins of this subject can cause harm to real people
: You are not going to guilt riot into unbanning you. People not following the rules is their problem, and riot is not here to babysit them. Also, on the off-chance this is serious and not a guilt shitpost: look for professional help or advice, you wont find that here. Also, people dont like someone that constantly threaten suicide or overreact dramatically for insignificant shit. That can swiftly cause a feedback loop to the bottom of the depression pit.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=U9O0URx5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-16T21:32:46.814+0000) > > You are not going to guilt riot into unbanning you. People not following the rules is their problem, and riot is not here to babysit them. > > Also, on the off-chance this is serious and not a guilt shitpost: look for professional help or advice, you wont find that here. Also, people dont like someone that constantly threaten suicide or overreact dramatically for insignificant shit. That can swiftly cause a feedback loop to the bottom of the depression pit. 10 game restriction, not a ban, Just really fucking scared of even trying to play in the future And I feel like this an actual discussion that needs to be had. What is Riot doing to protect false positives or even track how healthy a persons play actually is. BEcause it sure feels like nothing. Thanks for that personal judgement. ARe you in my real life? Do you talk to me every day? Do you know how I act around my friends and other people? You do none of that. And you don't know how it feels to be this deep in depression either by the sounds of it.
Rioter Comments
: It's not "it can happen to you". It's "I brought this upon myself." The rules are very clear that being a toxic jerk will get you penalized. It doesn't matter the context, whether in chat or in game. How you act is entirely your fault and yours alone. Saying "it can happen to you" implies that you have no control over your own fate, when in fact, it was your decision that brought you here.
> [{quoted}](name=TiltoverEnforcer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wbtd3a7d,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-02-16T08:43:48.560+0000) > > It's not "it can happen to you". > > It's "I brought this upon myself." > > The rules are very clear that being a toxic jerk will get you penalized. It doesn't matter the context, whether in chat or in game. How you act is entirely your fault and yours alone. Saying "it can happen to you" implies that you have no control over your own fate, when in fact, it was your decision that brought you here. I'd agree with you if I weren't harassed every game and felt I have to say SOMETHING to defend myself or suffer worse penalties I'd agree with you if my chatlog didn't reek of keywords out of context. I'd agree with you if I weren't OCD/Paranoid schizophrenic(managed thank you very much or else I wouldn't be a free man in society) and afraid of anything I do at this point resulting in a ban(basically I can disregard thoughts but I can't make them go away) I'd agree with you if I didn't have a history of false accusations and punishments being handed down in real life causing me to self harm I'd agree with you if I were an actual asshole hard feeding every time I didn't get my way I'd agree with you if I didn't spend the utmost care every day to shot call because it's literally the only thing I can ever do to turn around people salting me for my picks I'd agree with you if said picks didn't result in my report almost EVERY game. I'd agree with you if I made a habit of being a prick every game. I'd agree with you... if you weren't just coming into this thread with a moral highground to stick your little soap box. I f%%%ing know it's my actions that caught this restriction. You think that's news? I'm disappointed, scared, and in physical pain because I don't agree with it. I'm disappointed, scared, and in physical pain because I feel someone/thing only read the beginning of my chatlog and pressed the button. I'm disappointed, scared, and in physical pain because these types of events always start a downward spiral for me. No one can tell me to "stop worrying about it" because of my mental problems. I don't have medication, as forays into medication have sent me down dark paths. The only thing that has ever been effective is a little green plant legal in several states that allows me to rally the voices in my brain to something more productive instead of being constant chaos all the time. I'm tired of living in a world where little mistakes can totally ruin you. I'm tired of living in a world where people keep trying to dictate how I can live my life. I'm tired of living in a world that teaches people to strike down and lash out at anyone they perceive to be an evildoer . Fucking hell, I'm tired of living, but every time I go to end it, I just get fucking angry and resolve to life in spite of everything that makes me feel pain. BUt it gets harder every time something like this happens. It gets harder every time Ihear a KYS when I'mm in a particularly dark spot. It gets harder trying to do anything productve that isn't drawing. I've resigned myself to the fact that Every Fucking DAy will be a struggle for me. I only ever feel like I'm a real person in video games. Like I have friends and matter to someone over the internet. It's the only time all the voices in my head band together for a common goal and stop pulling me in 50 different directions. If I didn't have the need to compete with others as a form of therapy, I could and would just move on and play a peaceful game like minecraft... This is the game I play because it doesn't{didn't} matter if others were judging me because I knew for every bad game I had I'd have another good one. Now I feel like all eyes are on me in a game and I can't handle it. It makes me cry. It makes me feel like I've lost something. A haven for my emotions . I feel the weight of my trollpicking, a weight I shouldn't feel because I have the right to play what I want, but I get reported every game I don't hard carry and win on my picks.
: Another "it can happen to you" Thread
Anyone know what it feels like to not feel welcome somewhere anymore?
: I have this feeling that when someone says in chat "I won't be punished" riot flags it for fun just to show you what's up.
> [{quoted}](name=Anti Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wbtd3a7d,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-02-16T05:54:01.166+0000) > > I have this feeling that when someone says in chat "I won't be punished" riot flags it for fun just to show you what's up. Definitely having that feeling myself right now. But this whole situation. It makes you feel helpless. Knowing that at this point, a bad game could flag me as a feeder and send me further down the punishment ladder I don't like having to mute people, on the offchance that they shape up and say something productive. I dunno how many games it'll take to unlock my honor... but I've been having anxiety attacks all day. I know that I get reported every game I don't win, whether I chatted or not, because of my champion pick choices. At this point I feel like anything I do will result me getting pulled further downward. If I don't chat and have a bad game I'll be flagged as a feeder. If I do chat enough to defend my picks or my choices I'll be flagged as a salter. If I pull out my Lucian jokes as Thresh I'll be flagged for trash talk. I played this game to get away from having to overthink everything. Somethings changed this season. I've never seen things be this bad before.
: Reading this, I feel like just talking in chat about anything but what is strictly happening in the game, will get you banned. I already have my chat to the smallest UI size possible. I wish I can just remove it so I never have to worry about losing my honor level. I'm just not going to ever type lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Frôgen Yôzurt,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wbtd3a7d,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-02-16T03:15:30.162+0000) > > Reading this, I feel like just talking in chat about anything but what is strictly happening in the game, will get you banned. > > I already have my chat to the smallest UI size possible. I wish I can just remove it so I never have to worry about losing my honor level. I'm just not going to ever type lol. I'm just going to reiterate that by the time the game ended, my team was on my side. THe enemy team however, were going on about how we all deserved a report. I'm pretty sure anyone that awasn't the Darius walked away with a penalty on that game because we were telling the enemy team what morgana was doing vs how she was acting in all chat. I'm pretty sure someone or somebot saw me going on about how I've never had a penalty and assumed I was talking about doing anything I want
: Especially since this game is so minor that there is NO WAY it's the only chat log unless you're already on extreme ice.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wbtd3a7d,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-16T02:09:33.896+0000) > > Especially since this game is so minor that there is NO WAY it's the only chat log unless you're already on extreme ice. It's the only one on my reform card
: Another "it can happen to you" Thread
( . _.)b and I try to be polite with the hard curses while i"m here
Rioter Comments
: [Suggestion] Giving FeederBuster A Helping Hand With Reviewing Feeder Reports By Modified Tribunal
Given how many people on this board treat "inting" as "making any mistake you should have known about", I'm skeptical that the community would be good judges
: If you win with thresh adc a lot then you can win with thresh support easily. So just do that till you're gold. Or just play tristana
> [{quoted}](name=ShaolinToilet,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hrbAeq6E,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-15T06:13:52.941+0000) > > If you win with thresh adc a lot then you can win with thresh support easily. So just do that till you're gold. Or just play tristana No, thresh adc skills do not transfer to support thresh skills, trust me. You may land hooks, but actually tanking becomes a exercise in frustration. I hate tristana.
: Just get out of silver then do your Lulu and thresh adcs. Once you are out of silver people shouldn't troll as much
> [{quoted}](name=ShaolinToilet,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hrbAeq6E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-15T06:08:59.055+0000) > > Just get out of silver then do your Lulu and thresh adcs. Once you are out of silver people shouldn't troll as much ( . _.)b nice op.gg skills
Rioter Comments
JayLeet (EUW)
: all of my teammates are flaming me, so I left the game, is it justified that i get banned for it?
I don't think this guy actually got banned.... I think he's asking if "it's justified [if] I get banned for it" If you can't handle it, by all means remove yourself from the situation, just uh.... don't make a habit of it. Do everything you can to complete the game. Show you are the bigger person. I've left maybe... 4-5 games total out of the hundreds I played because I couldn't handle the flame, and once I muted, couldn't handle the physical trolling. Sometimes you just need that breath. Always make sure to note in the chat log why it is you are leaving. Especially if you have anxiety or heart issues. But again... don't make a habit of it.
Rioter Comments
Gavlerius (EUNE)
: The KYS "fever"
I've personally noticed people are calling for you to K%% or die in post game so that the bot doesn't catch them . This happen to anyone else?
: > [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=000100010000000000010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T15:44:54.044+0000) > > No, they don't. If that's not a flat out lie, then you must have the worst case of confirmation bias in the history of biased information. I'm sorry, are you in my games? Are you queueing up with me? Do you have a wiretap on my phone and RATs on my computer watching my every move? No you don't. My playstyle angers you for no other reason than the champs I play. You've never seen me lane. You've never seen me close out a game. You've never seen me shift player opinion with a first blood and snowball. All you see is a champ that was built for another role and that triggers you. You are so determined to push your playstyle as "correct" and "the only one" that you see me as NOTHING but an enemy, a "malevolent spirit" Grow the fuck up. People are not inherently evil for wanting to play differently from you. They do not deserve to be harassed to the level I experience EVERY day. They do not deserve calls for them to K%%. They do not deserve to be banned because of a constantly shifting concept known as the "Meta" not confirming their strategy as "competitively viable" Again, You're bronze. I'm not much better. Silver. BEst I got was gold 5 and I didn't play the rest of the season to make SURE I got my ranked rewards. IF you took half a moment to examine your own play and make adjustments rather than worrying about mean old troll j4 support or whatever the hell you get in the next forum topic you bring to us, you would more often find a route to victory I started climbing once I stopped caring what other people thought of me. PErhaps your own problem is you are too concerned with what others are doing around you
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=00010001000000000001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-13T21:28:01.868+0000) > > Goin on further: Do you know how it feels to constantly judge yourself? Do you know how it feels to have crippling depression? Do you know how it feels to wake up every day and not know whether or not you will do something that will end your life, whether it be by your own will or others? Do you know how it feels to be told, every day, what it is you are doing wrong in your REAL LIFE for no other reason than a difference in opinion with those who are providing you a place to stay? Do you know how it feels to want to harm, discredit, or even MURDER people who make you feeel like shit? Do you know what it feels like to fist fight your father? Do you know what it feels like to have talent that no one in your family appreciates? To have the fear to put yourself in the public eye due to harassment that comes from the sake of a differing opinion? To have a community you've made your home run you out for no other reason than they think you're ____ist? TO have hopes and dreams constantly out of reach due to factors that aren't always 100% in your control but enough of them are that you just feel like crap for not doing more for yourself? I'mma give you ONE FUCKING GUESS why I play league. Why I play video games. Why I compete in esports at this small level we all have fun in. To get away from that. To feel like I can do something. To feel like I found my niche. I play this game because Riot protects the ability of myself to play WHAT I WANT because it MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. Because THATS WHAT I NEED FROM THE GAME. And that's something I don't get in REAL LIFE
: > [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=000100010000000000010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T15:44:54.044+0000) > > No, they don't. If that's not a flat out lie, then you must have the worst case of confirmation bias in the history of biased information. I'm sorry, are you in my games? Are you queueing up with me? Do you have a wiretap on my phone and RATs on my computer watching my every move? No you don't. My playstyle angers you for no other reason than the champs I play. You've never seen me lane. You've never seen me close out a game. You've never seen me shift player opinion with a first blood and snowball. All you see is a champ that was built for another role and that triggers you. You are so determined to push your playstyle as "correct" and "the only one" that you see me as NOTHING but an enemy, a "malevolent spirit" Grow the fuck up. People are not inherently evil for wanting to play differently from you. They do not deserve to be harassed to the level I experience EVERY day. They do not deserve calls for them to K%%. They do not deserve to be banned because of a constantly shifting concept known as the "Meta" not confirming their strategy as "competitively viable" Again, You're bronze. I'm not much better. Silver. BEst I got was gold 5 and I didn't play the rest of the season to make SURE I got my ranked rewards. IF you took half a moment to examine your own play and make adjustments rather than worrying about mean old troll j4 support or whatever the hell you get in the next forum topic you bring to us, you would more often find a route to victory I started climbing once I stopped caring what other people thought of me. PErhaps your own problem is you are too concerned with what others are doing around you
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=00010001000000000001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-13T21:28:01.868+0000) > > Your playstyle angers me because it reflects a selfish attitude of doing whatever pleases you at the expense of others. You can pick or do whatever troll champion or tactic you want and in a percentage of the cases it will work out. This doesn't mean that those justify the times where not trolling would have been the difference between winning and losing. > ACtually that is exactly what that means. I main my champs to success. That is empirical evidence to their effectiveness. > I don't remember pushing for anything as specific as a "playstyle", much less mine. The reason that the top laner-mid laner-adc-support-jungler strategy came to be pretty much exclusively played is that it is the one that works best. I did not determine this, this was established way before I ever started playing the game. And each of those roles was the same way, before I even knew what any of this meant, assigned specific tasks on the team. These tasks intrinsically require the players performing them to employ specific tools, such as the champions that can consistently and reliably do the task. > Meta is an opinion of a community. It shifts constantly due to discoveries and people taking risks. > You advocate acting selfishly for no reason at all. I don't think I'm the one being childish here. What people think is the best tactic is not how I managed to climb in elo. I advocate playing your best in order to climb > Nobody talked about evil here, and again, it's not playing differently from "me", it's shitting on your team to amuse yourself that bothers me. I play almost exclusively adc, if I thought people who play differently from me are evil, then I would have to consider every non adc mains evil. I would even have to consider adcs maining champions I don't frequently play as evil. Don't be ridiculous. > My team would hate me more if I weren't on my best champions. And they do. Every time I play normal for someone for the sole purpose of being nice the game goes to shit. I cannot carry on the champions you want me to play. > If you troll and somebody points out that you trolled, then it's not harrassment, it's calling you to account on your detrimental actions. But I'm not a troll? > This is the least you should expect when you actively harm others. If you live a life walking around the street kicking people who come close enough in the shin, then you can't complain if those same people call you an asshole as they pass you by. Victim blaming now. Don't wear skirts in dark alleys at night right? Doesn't matter I have a right to play what I want, and what wins me games. >Don't kick them, you will be free of the backlash. But I'm not a troll? >Sure, if sy goes as far as telling you to kill yourself, that goes beyond what you brought on yourself, and that person deserves punishment on their own, but other than that you can't be surprised if people you were actively pissing off get pissed off at you. Their anger is, for no other reason, than the champs I play >Guess what? I barely ever get ranted at by teammates. Because I at least try to be a team player and so I care not just about what I want, but about what the group needs. Good4u ( . _.)b Every time I cave to what the group wants in champ select the game goes to shit and I have a horrible time. >This is the shifting nature of the meta, but it's on the surface of a massive, constant idea of how the 5 players can best divide the things the team needs to do among them to win the game. And when you mess with the top-mid-jg-adc-sup meta on this fundamental level for no reason other than to amuse yourself, yes, you absolutely do need to be punished. Not banned immediately, but building to that if you don't improve your ability to be a team player. > Again, why do you assume I'm trolling? Why do you assume these merely aren't my best champions? Why do you assume my playstyle is for mere shits and giggles rather than exploiting the unbalanced parts of kits in lanes they weren't meant for? What makes YOU the decider of what can and can't be played? Nonononono. Don't talk about pros and the MEta, and the community as a whole. Why do YOU get to call out what is and isn't trolling? > You not caring about your teammates views on you personally makes all the sense. Not caring about what they think of how you play and how it affects them and yourself, that won't ever be helpful in getting better. You really wanna know why I don't care what they think? Sever anxiety disorders. I play this game to relax. I play ranked to get better. I play what I want to play because I got tired of being told to uninstall, being told to K%%, being told to stop playing my preferred position because late game comes and my champ can't solve all the problems that late game brings. Now I can laugh at them for being stupid and whiny I got tired of draft pick, where if you have the unfortunate time to lock before your enemy laner you will be hard countered and forced to farm under turret until the jungler decides to help you... IF he will help you because you are doing poorly. if I cared what everyone thought of me, I would have a heart attack from the blood pressure problems stemming from this.
: AFK Replacement System/Honor Revival-RIOT PLEASE READ
What is "s 7?" Is this mastery? Are you talking about Mastery 7? I'm pretty sure a "find a replacement" system has been on the minds of people for a long time... but the reason why such a system has not been made use of is the difficulty being able to find a replacement laner in the right skill bracket to do so. Not from a technical standpoint, but from a playerbase availability standpoint
Rioter Comments
Jo0o (NA)
: "Our system IFS's instantly".
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vxy3I4Xi,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T18:28:20.915+0000) > > "Our system IFS's instantly". You forgot the part where you get to watch a ban if you manage to poke them into further rage by being polite
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginsanchou,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=00010001000000000001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T09:03:06.005+0000) > > for every person calling me a troll, another calls me god. No, they don't. If that's not a flat out lie, then you must have the worst case of confirmation bias in the history of biased information.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=000100010000000000010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T15:44:54.044+0000) > > No, they don't. If that's not a flat out lie, then you must have the worst case of confirmation bias in the history of biased information. I'm sorry, are you in my games? Are you queueing up with me? Do you have a wiretap on my phone and RATs on my computer watching my every move? No you don't. My playstyle angers you for no other reason than the champs I play. You've never seen me lane. You've never seen me close out a game. You've never seen me shift player opinion with a first blood and snowball. All you see is a champ that was built for another role and that triggers you. You are so determined to push your playstyle as "correct" and "the only one" that you see me as NOTHING but an enemy, a "malevolent spirit" Grow the fuck up. People are not inherently evil for wanting to play differently from you. They do not deserve to be harassed to the level I experience EVERY day. They do not deserve calls for them to K%%. They do not deserve to be banned because of a constantly shifting concept known as the "Meta" not confirming their strategy as "competitively viable" Again, You're bronze. I'm not much better. Silver. BEst I got was gold 5 and I didn't play the rest of the season to make SURE I got my ranked rewards. IF you took half a moment to examine your own play and make adjustments rather than worrying about mean old troll j4 support or whatever the hell you get in the next forum topic you bring to us, you would more often find a route to victory I started climbing once I stopped caring what other people thought of me. PErhaps your own problem is you are too concerned with what others are doing around you
P00PD1CK (EUW)
: Just why exactly are people so mean in this game?
Weekend is terrible for league. Otherwise, I found that over time people just found more ways to be toxic wihtout incurring an autoban
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginsanchou,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=000100010000000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T07:23:54.495+0000) > > But I'm not trolling. Tell that to your teammates who expect you to adc while you run around with Thresh and Lulu. > That's your opinion Haven't we been already over this?
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=0001000100000000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T08:58:16.675+0000) > > Tell that to your teammates who expect you to adc while you run around with Thresh and Lulu. for every person calling me a troll, another calls me god. > Haven't we been already over this? That's your opinion
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ginsanchou,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=0001000100000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-02-12T04:40:45.103+0000) > Ironic No, it is not. > They gave you the final word, just because you don't accept it doesn't mean they are wrong. It means that you refuse to accept that the people in charge don't share your viewpoint They don't have the final word to give. The guy repeated something that was part of the OP, over and over again. He didn't even begin to make a case let alone give the final word on anything. The position they enforce was clear from the beginning. > Yes, they officially gave you the standpoint of their employer. Which was known from the beginning, so it was a waste of everyone's time. If he had given reasoning and arguments, that would have been helpful. > Send in a ticket. For what? "Dear Riot, your way of treating trolls is fundamentally flawed, please put me in touch with somebody who is willing to discuss the details of why"? Doesn't sound like a valid support ticket. > I reply to you the most because you represent the attitude I fight against the most in all my games. The people who take offense to everything I try to do while playing this game. IF you were ever to get your way and change the rules of this game, I would be banned immediately because of your meta enforcement policy The attitude of not wanting others to screw things up for one is human nature. You don't want to be cut off randomly while driving, you don't want your coworker to eat the lunch you put in the shared refrigerator, you don't want your neighbor to blast music at an ungodly volume while you are trying to get some sleep for something important the next day. Ideally you shouldn't want to be the one to cut the other off, to eat their lunch and to keep them awake either. If I had my way, more likely you would stop trolling your teams and learn to enjoy the game without ruining it for others. > I hope to god your viewpoints on this game are NEVER made into guidelines for enforcement, because THAT would kill this game a lot faster than measly old trollpickers and baddies keeping bronzies in elo hell How so? Any time 1 person trolls 4 others' experience is worsened. If that 1 troll is forced to just play normally everybody gets to have a fun time. Doesn't sound like ruining anything to me.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=00010001000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-12T07:20:14.180+0000) > > If I had my way, more likely you would stop trolling your teams and learn to enjoy the game without ruining it for others. > But I'm not trolling. > How so? Any time 1 person trolls 4 others' experience is worsened. If that 1 troll is forced to just play normally everybody gets to have a fun time. Doesn't sound like ruining anything to me. That's your opinion
woobeee (NA)
: Do you think that the existence of smurfs stimulates or inhibits a new player's learning?
To actually answer your question? Playing against a really good enemy laner can teach you a lot... but only if you don't die every time you get within a pixel of their max range. A stomp teaches nobody anything. To that end an even lane is what will teach you the most. If you happen to remark that the enemy is good, but still manage to come up with a way to beat them out, that is 1000x more useful than cowering in fear under tower waiting for your jungler to help you
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=00010001000000000001,timestamp=2018-02-12T01:17:38.787+0000) > > What you think is "established to work" and what you "[expect] of a player in his position" is not the same as "what is mandated of all players". Others are allowed to play how they choose and how they feel will help win. You do not get to boss your team around and force your thoughts and expectations on them. > > This is going to sound blunt: **your** expectations need to change - not them getting punished. I began composing my next message along the lines of "if you were right then a support could just do [insert horrible, counterproductive nonsense], but then I realized that I have to end this here. You keep flat out ignoring everything I say and just repeating yourself. _Everything_ you wrote here, I have already addressed. Repeating your opinion ad nauseam serves no purpose, did you ever convince anybody of your position by repeating it until their nose bled? I offered arguments supporting not just my position in general but to address specific things you said. I proposed a discussion on a topic that is closely related to this difference of opinion we have. I tried everything to turn this into a worthwhile exchange of ideas, but I might as well be arguing with a broken record player. So allow me to be equally blunt: You are wrong. I think you know this and that you refuse to engage in a debate is because you are forced to represent a monumentaly faulty position by your job description. If you know any Rioters who are on the relevant team and would be willing and allowed to participate in a productive discussion on the topic, please let them know that I'd be happy to be their opposite part here on the boards or in private, using the e-mail address associated with this account.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgA3uPvJ,comment-id=000100010000000000010001,timestamp=2018-02-12T03:00:08.216+0000) > I tried everything to turn this into a worthwhile exchange of ideas, but I might as well be arguing with a broken record player. > Ironic > So allow me to be equally blunt: You are wrong. I think you know this and that you refuse to engage in a debate They gave you the final word, just because you don't accept it doesn't mean they are wrong. It means that you refuse to accept that the people in charge don't share your viewpoint > is because you are forced to represent a monumentaly faulty position by your job description. Yes, they officially gave you the standpoint of their employer. > If you know any Rioters who are on the relevant team and would be willing and allowed to participate in a productive discussion on the topic, please let them know that I'd be happy to be their opposite part here on the boards or in private, using the e-mail address associated with this account. Send in a ticket. I reply to you the most because you represent the attitude I fight against the most in all my games. The people who take offense to everything I try to do while playing this game. IF you were ever to get your way and change the rules of this game, I would be banned immediately because of your meta enforcement policy I hope to god your viewpoints on this game are NEVER made into guidelines for enforcement, because THAT would kill this game a lot faster than measly old trollpickers and baddies keeping bronzies in elo hell
Show more

Ginsanchou

Level 62 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion