: You only provided the evidence from one game. Multiple games and chat locations were given to you. You hand picked the single least offensive game and posted it here. Obviously that game did not cause your penalty, or you would have been penalized after it. It was all the game combined. If you'd like, I can post them here. I think they will add a lot of clarity.
@Riot Tantram Any reason why you didn't smite me or post on my huge thread the other day regarding my perma ban? I would love to hear your thoughts since you're the only relevant Rioter on this sub-board.
: You don't get a permaban for calling somebody a moron
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mkH5ZuNt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-14T18:02:01.420+0000) > > You don't get a permaban for calling somebody a moron Check my post history for my chat logs. You might be shocked.
: > [{quoted}](name=DimPack,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dTZuA6BL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-14T03:16:58.006+0000) > > I believe you misunderstand. The point of his apology was to acknowledge his own mistake and admit that he messed up. He is showing humility by doing so, and it is a great feeling. Showing humility? Why not try to add the person you offend and explain it to that person instead of putting it on a public forum where people can up and down vote? Seems suspicious, and a play at pretending to curry favor or something.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dTZuA6BL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-14T03:25:59.480+0000) > > Showing humility? Why not try to add the person you offend and explain it to that person instead of putting it on a public forum where people can up and down vote? > > Seems suspicious, and a play at pretending to curry favor or something. I'm sure you've never broken the rules or hurt someone IRL. Get over yourself.
AR URF (NA)
: So tired of jerks in this game.
I recommend growing thick skin before the real world forces you to. You can't sit in your bedroom forever.
Swegmec (NA)
: 3 years until a chat restriction... now what?
Welcome to the system! Once this chat restriction ends, if you type a single potentially-negative message in a game that you get reported in, you will be escalated to a 25 game chat restriction. If you're extremely toxic, you'll go straight to a 2 week ban. For reference, I called one player a moron in my first game after my 2 week ban, and I was permanently banned a few minutes later. It will take many months for you to regain honor, and many, many months to reset your punishment level. Good luck to you.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Creepy snek,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:17:19.670+0000) > > There is nothing normal about considering those logs to be toxic. > > Ah, so support agreed that the logs where not in fact toxic but they used them anyway. Got it. I said nothing of that sort. I said that *one* game of toxicity **may** be overlooked if the account is relatively clean. As OP admits, they **literally just had a 14 day ban**. This was their first "real" game back from a 14 day ban, and they displayed an argumentative, combative, and insulting attitude towards their team. That definitely doesn't bode well for OP saying they're not a toxic player. > Considering how low your bar is when it comes to decide what is toxic i can only imagine how amazingly low the bar is for you people when you decide something is negative. Negative = toxic. There is no difference when discussing punishment in League. If something is negative, it is toxic. Whether it is **punished** becomes another story - as mild negativity takes more frequency to get punished than more severe negativity.
> [{quoted}](name=Scuttle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000008,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:54:43.102+0000) > > Okay, basically it works like this. Let's say there's a toxic scale of 1-3. > > You can safely go to 2 if you've never been punished. As soon as you get to 3, however, your new threshold is 1 for being punished. > > This game would be a 1. But since OP *just got off a 14-day ban literally 2 games ago*, this was not overlooked. If you believe this is a case of extreme toxicity, you're out of touch and no one can argue with you. Become a more reasonable person if you want people to entertain your opinions in a discussion.
Coopa123 (EUW)
: > Since Riot doesn't seem to care about their customer, I'm considering charge-backing ALL $600 worth of the payments that I have sent to Riot Games. You'll spend way more defending the charge back in court and you eventually will lose because it's straight up illegal. You agreed to the ToS. It explicitly states that even though you pay for skins you don't own anything. You just purchased the right to use it until Riot decides otherwise. Save yourself the trouble and money > If any Riot member could help me get my account back Now that you've threatened to charge back the money you spend I bet a Rioter is more willing to help you.
> [{quoted}](name=Coopa123,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lHmH4rBI,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-13T16:39:57.376+0000) > > You'll spend way more defending the charge back in court and you eventually will lose because it's straight up illegal. You agreed to the ToS. It explicitly states that even though you pay for skins you don't own anything. You just purchased the right to use it until Riot decides otherwise. Lol are you joking? Chargeback fraud is only a relevant charge in the most extreme cases, this definitely not being one of them. Besides, I doubt even .05% of chargeback cases go to court. Any reputable bank will give your money back, no questions asked, with no proof needed. All you need to do is explain the situation and file a dispute with your bank. > Save yourself the trouble and money > > Now that you've threatened to charge back the money you spend I bet a Rioter is more willing to help you. Any company worth it's sht will right their wrongs if reasonable and possible. An angry customer making one thin threat is not going to change that unless the company is run by extremely immature people.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Show us the logs of all the previous bans too. If you got all the way to 2 week ban and still feel the need to answer/call people morons EVEN 1 time it means those 2 weeks taught you nothing. It is like someone that is on a home restriction leaves his house and gets to prison then claiming " Oh my god we can't walk the streets without being arrested" What got you banned is not that 1 game. It is all the games you got reported to get you into that position.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2018-05-13T16:58:47.862+0000) > > Show us the logs of all the previous bans too. If you got all the way to 2 week ban and still feel the need to answer/call people morons EVEN 1 time it means those 2 weeks taught you nothing. It is like someone that is on a home restriction leaves his house and gets to prison then claiming " Oh my god we can't walk the streets without being arrested" > What got you banned is not that 1 game. It is all the games you got reported to get you into that position. No. I got punished for this one single game. My games before my previous punishments are irrelevant to this situation. I was not toxic in this game, and making one mild "insult" is not contributing to the toxic game environment. Excessive harassment does contribute to the toxic game environment, which is something I did not do. Open your mind and wake up, or this discussion will go nowhere.
: Do you have over $100 invested in skins/RP? If not then you deserve the ban. If yes, then maybe you don’t deserve it. People who pay money shouldn’t be banned. Under $100 over two years or more isn’t a lot.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0070,timestamp=2018-05-13T06:17:24.642+0000) > > Do you have over $100 invested in skins/RP? > > If not then you deserve the ban. > > If yes, then maybe you don’t deserve it. > > People who pay money shouldn’t be banned. Under $100 over two years or more isn’t a lot. I've spent plenty on RP. I've spent orders of magnitude more on third party sites (not for RP) after being banned. Take that to mean what you will.
Takazaki (NA)
: riots stated before there is a 0 tolerance for toxicity
> [{quoted}](name=Takazaki,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=006f00000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T06:14:28.194+0000) > > riots stated before there is a 0 tolerance for toxicity Don't make claims without providing a reference. Show me where they've said this. This is an important topic that should be communicated to the playerbase through multiple official channels, one of those being in the game client. There is no reason anything related to the behavioral punishment system should be up for question.
: No, you should absolutely not have been banned. However, the current system bans people for this and for LESS than this all the time. I quit playing LoL because this new system is hopelessly broken. I played since season 1 and I have never so much as received a warning for toxic behavior of any kind in 8 years. I have earned "honor rewards" every season that they have had them (banners etc.). This season I was honored by teammates for being positive in the majority of my games and never got reported for anything. Then in ONE game I was being flamed hard. I responded by telling them that they "don't need to flame me for every single thing". They got pissed and reported me and I was punished. I put in a ticket, the RIOTer confirmed that just ONE game in an 8 year history of honorable play in which I never once used vulgar langue, trolled, or afked was worthy of losing all honor and being chat restricted under their new system. (To those who always say "there has to be more than this. RIOT repeatedly confirmed that is absolutely untrue. Under this system ONE game ALONE of very mild negativity can get you banned because 'negativity is negativity period'). Meanwhile, several players have invented "Ban-Bait-Bingo" where they intentionally feed all game, steal jungle camps, and so forth, but avoid 'trigger words' like: flame, pronouns, toxic, swear and racist words etc. They then try to get other players to flame them for intentionally losing, then report those players, and then the non-trolling players are banned by RIOT. One player Sion Oryn Mid managed to rack up 511 reports against him in a single month and still was not banned. He wasn't banned until he started boasting on the forums about how after 511 reports and trolling in 100% of his games from level 1 to level 53 he still had not been punished by RIOT. This system is so broken I quit the game after 8 years of play just because I refuse to be a part of it. Banning people because they use the word 'flame' repeatedly in a game is so hopelessly broken it makes me long for the good old days of the (supposedly broken) tribunal system.
> [{quoted}](name=MazerRackhem,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0073,timestamp=2018-05-13T15:43:49.283+0000) > > No, you should absolutely not have been banned. However, the current system bans people for this and for LESS than this all the time. I can promise you no one has been punished for less than this without having their punishment overturned. This is by far as clean as a reform card can be.
: If I'm honest, a lot of what you wrote out comes across as passive aggressive and not positive. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it look to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Thegreatxiu,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0072,timestamp=2018-05-13T15:00:02.156+0000) > > If I'm honest, a lot of what you wrote out comes across as passive aggressive and not positive. Maybe it's just me, but that's how it look to me. Why are you making assumptions? The only thing that matters is what the evidence directly shows. Being passive aggressive without contributing toxicity is not even close to being considered bad behavior, so it's irrelevant to this discussion.
: you were extremely toxic in this chat and you dont even realize it.And the fact that you dont even realize that your chat was toxic even makes it worse. i just needed to read the first 3 lines to see this. you are jungle and go mid eventhough ahri didnt need help and she spam pinged you back but you refused to leave her lane took her farm and then fed her lane after she pinged you back several times. And then you write in chat " :) " as in " have fun mid after i fed ennnemy midlaner " after reading further i saw that you were toxic the entire time. Just let me say this: THANK YOU FOR BANNING THIS PERSON RIOT GOOD FUCKING JOB :)
> [{quoted}](name=AfkFarmAllGameXD,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0071,timestamp=2018-05-13T12:02:16.628+0000) > > you were extremely toxic in this chat and you dont even realize it.And the fact that you dont even realize that your chat was toxic even makes it worse. i just needed to read the first 3 lines to see this. you are jungle and go mid eventhough ahri didnt need help and she spam pinged you back but you refused to leave her lane took her farm and then fed her lane after she pinged you back several times. And then you write in chat " :) " as in " have fun mid after i fed ennnemy midlaner " after reading further i saw that you were toxic the entire time. Just let me say this: THANK YOU FOR BANNING THIS PERSON RIOT GOOD FUCKING JOB :) You make assumptions like the rest of the people who wrongfully think I deserve this ban. She spam pinged by dead body and refused to contribute to my gank/duel twice. That is a fake quote. Your agenda is not welcome in this thread. Contribute to the discussion without spreading lies.
VvVVvV (NA)
: Its hard for me to read this and not think this guy is somehow trolling. Like you literally just finish a 2 week ban and in your very 1st game back you call someone a moron in the chat and are surprised you got banned? It doesnt matter how toxic or not toxic you think that one comment is.....your perception of it doesnt matter. Its the perception of the people on the receiving end of it and the people who over see the reports. If a person thinks you are being toxic they report it. And when the report is reviewed, if Riot agrees it was toxic, a punishment is given. The support person said their 2 week ban is the final warning, which means you have had other punishments in the past. And after a 2 week punishment you still havnt learned. Once the other players started being toxic in the chat all you had to do was mute them and continue playing. Even if you had a bad game and they all decided to report you for any reason they chose, nothing would of happened, no punishment. Toxic is toxic no matter how minor or major..doesnt matter if its calling someone a moron or telling them to kill themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-05-13T03:44:15.936+0000) > > Its hard for me to read this and not think this guy is somehow trolling. > > Like you literally just finish a 2 week ban and in your very 1st game back you call someone a moron in the chat and are surprised you got banned? > > It doesnt matter how toxic or not toxic you think that one comment is.....your perception of it doesnt matter. Its the perception of the people on the receiving end of it and the people who over see the reports. If a person thinks you are being toxic they report it. And when the report is reviewed, if Riot agrees it was toxic, a punishment is given. > > The support person said their 2 week ban is the final warning, which means you have had other punishments in the past. And after a 2 week punishment you still havnt learned. > > Once the other players started being toxic in the chat all you had to do was mute them and continue playing. Even if you had a bad game and they all decided to report you for any reason they chose, nothing would of happened, no punishment. > > Toxic is toxic no matter how minor or major..doesnt matter if its calling someone a moron or telling them to kill themselves. If Riot shares your belief then they need to make it clear that we have a zero tolerance policy, because at first glance this system appears to be reserved for excessive toxicity. I wouldn't say giving someone one game to prove themselves, and then banning them for saying "moron" is excessive. My intentions were to wake this moronic flamer up so they would realize their actions and focus instead of continuing to harass me. Before this 2 week ban, I was moderately negative "gg just ff" and taunting of people I was stomping. Is this log not an extreme improvement over that behavior? It might be nice to look for a few instances of toxic behavior rather than banning for ONE EXTREMELY MINOR one.
: You had prior warnings to this. This altogether was flaming your team mate: "--GodCarry: idk --GodCarry: look up iiiigravesiiii --GodCarry: then look up --GodCarry: rnk1 --GodCarry: and then --GodCarry: realize --GodCarry: youre a moron --GodCarry: for trash talking someone" It doesn't matter if this was only a chat restriction worthy ban, you HAD warnings, and you chose to be toxic anyways, you unmuted the person just to engage with them in banter again after knowing they were going to flame you and got heated yourself. In my opinion riot made a good call, you were rude to your team mate, and that's what you're judged on, solely you. After multiple warnings this is what lead up to the perma. And that's how the system works, regardless of how little you feel it effected anyone. I'd love to see the other chat logs that even got you to this position beforehand but I doubt you'd provide them/have access to them. Do you realize how toxic you have to be to even flag the system, you were on their list afterwards yet you STILL flamed someone else. I don't see what you want support to do when YOU yourself had the responsibility not to type something and did so anyways. There's plenty of players that NEVER have had a chat restriction since Season 1 of this game and playing, yet for some reason you couldn't handle getting warnings to stop the behavior and kept it up anyways. This was a deserved ban, you disputing it, however elegantly/concisely as you put it in each of your messages means little, and acting condescending to the support and moderators on this forum doesn't help your case either.
> [{quoted}](name=Thee Pie Man,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-05-13T03:02:01.540+0000) > > You had prior warnings to this. > This altogether was flaming your team mate: > "--GodCarry: idk > --GodCarry: look up iiiigravesiiii > --GodCarry: then look up > --GodCarry: rnk1 > --GodCarry: and then > --GodCarry: realize > --GodCarry: youre a moron > --GodCarry: for trash talking someone" If you're convinced it's toxic to say this to someone who has been individually harassing you all game, and goading his premades in voice comms to harass you all game, and spam pinging you, and refusing to contribute to your success because you're "feeding," I don't think you're a rational person, and that makes it extremely difficult for me to argue my point with you. I said this player was a moron for trash talking me for playing poorly and not using voice comms, because I needed this person to shut the f*ck up and play the game and stop creating a toxic environment for everyone involved if we were to have any hope of winning the game. This player did not understand how toxic they were being, and they needed a kick. Guess what? It kind of worked. And then we started to win the game. I did not flame this person, and I was not insulting their character or their gameplay. I simply told them they were a moron for their behavior. If you still think that this is a sign that I'm unreformed, toxic, etc, or that I don't continue to deserve the opportunity to prove that I've reformed from my old ways, then I won't be able to change your mind.
: You seem to miss the overall point; you were still being negative for almost all the game. Negative doesn’t mean using swear words or calling people names; you just spent (what appears to be) all game retalitating and arguing with several players in the game. Nobody is asking you to be full on carebear mode. You are free to say “I’m reporting and muting you” without consequence. Instead, you mute, unmute, “bait” someone into further argument, tell someone else they’re muted, and contribute to an overall negative atmosphere. And again, to reinforce what the system is - this game wouldn’t have meant anything if you weren’t already on thin ice. The first email you get from Riot during your two week is further NEGATIVE behaviour will be escalated to the next step: which is a permaban. Honestly, the mute button is a massive boon, I don’t know what pride you have for “defending” yourself online when you can press one button to keep yourself sane, but clearly it’s your Achellies Heel. How you look at your chat and think “yep, not negative at all” is my rebuttal. You seem to equate being negative/the only negative thing you did was call your support a moron.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=001200000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:52:28.031+0000) > > You seem to miss the overall point; you were still being negative for almost all the game. Negative doesn’t mean using swear words or calling people names; you just spent (what appears to be) all game retalitating and arguing with several players in the game. > > Nobody is asking you to be full on carebear mode. You are free to say “I’m reporting and muting you” without consequence. Instead, you mute, unmute, “bait” someone into further argument, tell someone else they’re muted, and contribute to an overall negative atmosphere. > > And again, to reinforce what the system is - this game wouldn’t have meant anything if you weren’t already on thin ice. The first email you get from Riot during your two week is further NEGATIVE behaviour will be escalated to the next step: which is a permaban. Honestly, the mute button is a massive boon, I don’t know what pride you have for “defending” yourself online when you can press one button to keep yourself sane, but clearly it’s your Achellies Heel. > > How you look at your chat and think “yep, not negative at all” is my rebuttal. You seem to equate being negative/the only negative thing you did was call your support a moron. STOP ASSUMING THINGS. I did not bait anyone into anything. I said "unmuted speak to me" because the Ahri mid was sitting there typing to me and I wanted to take the chance to explain the situation earlier, with the hopes of making her feel better. I told them they were muted because they were typing a lot of harassment and such and I wanted them to know they were being muted and I wouldn't be seeing their chat, partially so they would shut up and focus on winning, and partially so they would communicate to me with pings, AND PARTIALLY SO THEY WOULD KNOW I WAS REALLY SICK OF BEING HARASSED ALL GAME AND THAT I WAS READY FOR THEM TO STOP. Also, I'm not free to say "I'm reporting...you" because that is also considered negative and punishable by Riot's standards. Assumptions are not going to help you understand the situation. If you would like to contribute, please ask me questions and I will answer them. Until you know what you're talking about, don't accuse me of things. My teammates did the same thing that game, accusing me of trolling their premade by not wanting to use voice chat. It's toxic and angering.
: You should request a different rioter to look over the case. Email him that you want to talk to the Lead of the player behavior department to look at this cause you believe that he doesn't have the slightest idea of what he it talking about.
> [{quoted}](name=TwistedRebellion,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:59:00.104+0000) > > You should request a different rioter to look over the case. Email him that you want to talk to the Lead of the player behavior department to look at this cause you believe that he doesn't have the slightest idea of what he it talking about. That's a bit excessive, I really don't care that much about this account, and I know they will ignore me, if anything to save face. I just find it ridiculous that Rioters are actually defending this punishment.
Takazaki (NA)
: dude on any of my accounts, you could do that and not get even flagged but after a 2 week all it really does take is 1 report and key phrases/words like > --GodCarry: you're a moron :T it blows but the only thing you should have done is just kept it muted with no retort I get flamed and trolled outright just for the champion i main, if i retorted in any way to every single one of them my account would have been banned awhile ago. context doesn't matter to the system
> [{quoted}](name=Takazaki,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=006f,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:54:32.637+0000) > > dude > > on any of my accounts, you could do that and not get even flagged > > but after a 2 week all it really does take is 1 report and key phrases/words like > > :T it blows but the only thing you should have done is just kept it muted with no retort > > I get flamed and trolled outright just for the champion i main, if i retorted in any way to every single one of them my account would have been banned awhile ago. > > context doesn't matter to the system The point is, is calling someone a moron even without context a punishable offense? Because I did that once, in one game, and was punished for it. If this is true, we now have a zero tolerance policy and that needs to be communicated to the player base. If not, then this ban needs to be overturned, because calling someone a moron for flaming me is not flame. This whole thing is ridiculous.
Chermorg (NA)
: Had the OP not **literally** had this game as his **first** game after a 2 week ban, I would tend to agree with you. Given the OP's history of punishment, this game appears heavily that OP was trying to be as negative as possible while gaming it so the system couldn't detect the insults. The OP obviously was not trying to reform. At best, the OP wasn't trying to reform - at worst, they were attempting to game the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000000020001,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:59:55.926+0000) > > Had the OP not **literally** had this game as his **first** game after a 2 week ban, I would tend to agree with you. > > Given the OP's history of punishment, this game appears heavily that OP was trying to be as negative as possible while gaming it so the system couldn't detect the insults. The OP obviously was not trying to reform. At best, the OP wasn't trying to reform - at worst, they were attempting to game the system. This was actually my second game after coming back. My first game there was no toxicity, and probably no chat period considering I was in voice comms with a team. Nice assumptions again. There was no gaming going on. I was trying to win a f*cking game of League of Legends in a hostile environment. You think I'm the devil, you're biased, and no one will be able to change your mind. You do not deserve to be in a position of authority with such a narrow frame of mind.
: Zero tolerance policy? You had 35 games of chat restrictions and a two week ban on top of that. How that equates to “zero tol” is beyond me. You fail to grasp the concept behind this reasoning and keep clutching on the semantics as if that’s a good position to argue from. I’d be inclined to agree with you if it wasn’t for your piss poor attitude you’ve been demonstrating. Show us your other chat logs from previous restrictions and show us how you’ve learned your lesson from 3 prior warning. I’ve been permad in the past and gotten away with having a shit attitude in some of my games on this account; zero tol my fucking ass. As long as you follow their warnings, you would’ve been fine. You didn’t and this is your consequence. Learn and move on, fam
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:32:19.967+0000) > > Zero tolerance policy? > > You had 35 games of chat restrictions and a two week ban on top of that. How that equates to “zero tol” is beyond me. > > You fail to grasp the concept behind this reasoning and keep clutching on the semantics as if that’s a good position to argue from. > > I’d be inclined to agree with you if it wasn’t for your piss poor attitude you’ve been demonstrating. Show us your other chat logs from previous bans and show us how you learned your lesson from 3 prior warning. > > I’ve been permad in the past and gotten away with having a shit attitude in some of my games on this account - as long as you follow their warnings, you would’ve been fine. You didn’t and this is your consequence. Learn and move on, fam I was moderately negative in a majority of my games, and I made a lot of taunting remarks to the enemy which got me reported in likely all of my games. There is a MASSIVE difference between this chat log and my past behavior. Not to mention the fact that I demonstrated next to no toxicity in this game, and aside from that, having only two games of sample size, one of which I did not use chat in, to determine my punishment is ridiculous. I fail to understand how you can argue in favor of a punishment for this chat log. I'm simply asking for a fair chance, and all I've gotten are assumptions behind the meaning of my words, because it's easier for people to accept this punishment with poor reasoning than it is for them to question the system.
: Exactly. How can zero tolerance ever work? I might perceive one word as offensive, and you might perceive it as a compliment. There is no possible way to draw the line. When people use the word %%% in game, it makes me laugh. It might make you pissed off. It might make somebody else tear up. Where is the line that can be drawn? And I agree with you on the levels of toxicity. Riot would be much more capable of efficiently punishing those who deserve it if people actually used the tools they were given to deal with "mean" players. People must forget that a few years back you couldn't mute people's mastery levels, and when emotes were introduced, they immediately allowed you to mute them. In fact, I'm not even sure if you could always mute people's chat either, but I've only been playing since August of 2014. Edit: Wow, has boards always blocked curse words with percentages? Or is that a recent development of the mods to foster an _unattainable_ ideal discussion space, "safe" from offensive content?
> [{quoted}](name=Sassmast3r,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:19:30.356+0000) > > Exactly. > > How can zero tolerance ever work? I might perceive one word as offensive, and you might perceive it as a compliment. There is no possible way to draw the line. > > When people use the word %%% in game, it makes me laugh. It might make you pissed off. It might make somebody else tear up. Where is the line that can be drawn? > > And I agree with you on the levels of toxicity. Riot would be much more capable of efficiently punishing those who deserve it if people actually used the tools they were given to deal with "mean" players. People must forget that a few years back you couldn't mute people's mastery levels, and when emotes were introduced, they immediately allowed you to mute them. In fact, I'm not even sure if you could always mute people's chat either, but I've only been playing since August of 2014. > > Edit: Wow, has boards always blocked curse words with percentages? Or is that a recent development of the mods to foster an _unattainable_ ideal discussion space, "safe" from offensive content? Zero tolerance doesn't work, but people are so stubborn in their new-age views that those of us that agree that it doesn't work cannot possibly argue with those who believe it does work. They completely ignore human nature, the fundamentals of human psychology, and the various backgrounds or different people, because entertaining those ideas would crumble their ability to uphold their safe spaces. It's a war of logic that you and I certainly are not winning. You cannot break ignorance, ignorance has to break itself.
: I just can't wrap my head around most of this. Why is League supposed to be a safe space? It's a video game. People are mean, especially when they are stressed. Why would you expect random human beings to be nice to you at all? I don't even get why toxic behavior is punishable unless we're talking along the lines of deliberately feeding and impacting _the game itself_. Why are words punishable? There is a mute button for all three types of communication in League (chat, pings, and emotes). If you don't like playing video games with other human beings unless those human beings are nice, then perhaps you aren't fit for playing video games with other human beings? Why should the majority suffer with the discomfort of even saying _one_ thing in chat with the possibility of getting reported and banned because someone might have interpreted the words as offensive or negative? Why are we catering to the minority of people who aren't mentally equipped to handle situations involving human beings who aren't aligned with their false perception that "everyone should be nice 24/7?" In fact, by enforcing rules that make everyone feel really uncomfortable to even type anything in the chat box due to the risk of being banned, you're pushing everyone to not communicate with one another, rather than creating a positive, comfortable, realistic environment. Why can't people find alternative games to play if they can't handle this one?
> [{quoted}](name=Sassmast3r,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-05-13T02:13:32.592+0000) > > I just can't wrap my head around most of this. > > Why is League supposed to be a safe space? It's a video game. People are mean, especially when they are stressed. > > Why would you expect random human beings to be nice to you at all? I don't even get why toxic behavior is punishable unless we're talking along the lines of deliberately feeding and impacting _the game itself_. > > Why are words punishable? There is a mute button for all three types of communication in League (chat, pings, and emotes). > > If you don't like playing video games with other human beings unless those human beings are nice, then perhaps you aren't fit for playing video games with other human beings? > > Why should the majority suffer with the discomfort of even saying _one_ thing in chat with the possibility of getting reported and banned because someone might have interpreted the words as offensive or negative? > > Why are we catering to the minority of people who aren't mentally equipped to handle situations involving human beings who aren't aligned with their false perception that "everyone should be nice 24/7?" > > In fact, by enforcing rules that make everyone feel really uncomfortable to even type anything in the chat box due to the risk of being banned, you're pushing everyone to not communicate with one another, rather than creating a positive, comfortable, realistic environment. > > Why can't people find alternative games to play if they can't handle this one? Imagine if people used the mute button for mild toxicity, increasing chat bans were issued for moderate/excessive toxicity, and account bans were issued for extreme toxicity akin to hate speech, giving up, and trolling. That would be my ideal system. Zero tolerance does not work, and permabans do not work.
: I didn't think that you should be punished based on your chat logs so of course I voted in your poll in support of you, however, I can certainly see things from Riot's perspective that you were not displaying enough restraint for someone who was recently chat restricted. Think about it this way, chat in game by itself can be super annoying, so only do it when you need to. The nice part about this ban is that it's a free game and while it may take a long time to grind out the champs and things that you had on your account I certainly don't find the game more enjoyable the more stuff that I buy, it's just fluff that is nice to have but not really needed to enjoy the game. With all that said, I would be in favor of you having your ban lifted but it sounds like it's not something they would consider.
> [{quoted}](name=Morticianjohn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:59:21.902+0000) > > I didn't think that you should be punished based on your chat logs so of course I voted in your poll in support of you, however, I can certainly see things from Riot's perspective that you were not displaying enough restraint for someone who was recently chat restricted. > > Think about it this way, chat in game by itself can be super annoying, so only do it when you need to. The nice part about this ban is that it's a free game and while it may take a long time to grind out the champs and things that you had on your account I certainly don't find the game more enjoyable the more stuff that I buy, it's just fluff that is nice to have but not really needed to enjoy the game. > > With all that said, I would be in favor of you having your ban lifted but it sounds like it's not something they would consider. I'm not going to forego the use of chat just because I was recently punished for moderate negativity. I improved my behavior, and I expect to not be punished for that. I also expect to be given more than one game to show I've reformed, rather than the system say "HE SAID 'MORON' BAN HIM"
: Far more rational stuff than your projection-filled meltdown gets exactly 0 upvotes or downvotes. You clearly have a giant arrogance and ego issue and cant deal with the facts that A; you dont matter, you are nobody, B; thus nobody cares that you got banned for flaming, and C; you crying about it and trying to white-knight for yourself has 0% chance of getting you unbanned. Also the storm of upvotes and downvotes within seconds just proves it is bots/alts, not 'concerned community members' speaking out against imaginary oppression.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000000010000000100010000,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:55:19.228+0000) > > Far more rational stuff than your projection-filled meltdown gets exactly 0 upvotes or downvotes. > > You clearly have a giant arrogance and ego issue and cant deal with the facts that A; you dont matter, you are nobody, B; thus nobody cares that you got banned for flaming, and C; you crying about it and trying to white-knight for yourself has 0% chance of getting you unbanned. > > > Also the storm of upvotes and downvotes within seconds just proves it is bots/alts, not 'concerned community members' speaking out against imaginary oppression. You and I have a different definition of proof. You appear to be in the "other's" category around these parts.
: > Chat is meant to be used to provide positive, constructive feedback (i.e. "Good smite steal fam") How the fuck is "Good smite steal fam" constructive feedback? It doesn't even give a single bit of information, just praise.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:51:26.549+0000) > > How the fuck is "Good smite steal fam" constructive feedback? It doesn't even give a single bit of information, just praise. Because unicorns and rainbows and gum drops. It's clear they're pandering to a small minority of support mains and extremely casual normals players with these ridiculous expectations for how we communicate in game.
: Actually i have never seen him(?) downvoted before. You just seem like another asshole that got 4+ warnings and still thought the rules dont apply to you. So, you got banned for less than most people get banned for, but you still ignored every warning and flamed your team. You obviously cant learn or deal with the problem, so bye :) Also the sheer rate (and consistent number) of upvotes/downvotes kind of proves you are using alts/friends. Dont do that.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0000000100000001,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:46:16.682+0000) > > Actually i have never seen him(?) downvoted before. > > You just seem like another asshole that got 4+ warnings and still thought the rules dont apply to you. > > So, you got banned for less than most people get banned for, but you still ignored every warning and flamed your team. You obviously cant learn or deal with the problem, so bye :) > > Also the sheer rate (and consistent number) of upvotes/downvotes kind of proves you are using alts/friends. Dont do that. I have, at least when he makes ridiculous assumptions about peoples behavior and treats these boards like a safe space. His opinions are really easily refuted and it makes him look ridiculous, thus he gets a high number of deserved downvotes.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:14:16.757+0000) > > It would appear there is, as I was punished off of one single game with next to no negativity. Once again. Not "next to no" negativity. You are **constantly** arguing with your team here and **none** of it is constructive. Further, you have had **multiple** prior punishments. It's not just this one single game. > You have yet to provide me with examples of my negative behavior besides portions of a single message without even the context of the full message. You clearly do not understand how language and communication works if you think a single word taken out of context is relevant here. I have repeatedly told you what you've done wrong. You are ignoring it and claiming I've only provided you one portion of a single message. Your attitude is the problem - throughout the chat - not necessarily one specific line. > Except it does, because this is the only game that I could have been reported in, because I only played 2 games since my 2 week ban, and the first game was a tryout for a team in which no toxicity was displayed by anyone in the game. This game got me punished, and the vast majority of people agree that it's a ridiculous punishment for a ridiculously small "offense" with a ridiculously small sample size. Wouldn't you look at that? You came off a 2 week ban and **on your first game back** you decided to argue with your team and insult them **multiple times**. And you now wonder why you're permanently banned? By the way, it's usually quite obvious when someone is gaining views, votes, or traction through inorganic means on the internet. As I've said before, voting/views - be they real or fake, will not get you unbanned.
Nice moderator abuse, removing my comments that make you look bad based on your own assumptions about my language and behavior... That's a slippery slope that won't get you anywhere! I refuse to continue to entertain your assumptions about my behavior, in game and out of game, and your assumptions about the meaning behind my words. I'm done speaking to you.
: No matter how hard you try fam you won’t get unbanned, I offered 750$ to a guy in my ticket for unban but nope he doesn’t want too. My 7 year old account is banned for toxicity and tbh I didn’t even reform and I never will
> [{quoted}](name=2DunksFromHell,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:12:49.887+0000) > > No matter how hard you try fam you won’t get unbanned, I offered 750$ to a guy in my ticket for unban but nope he doesn’t want too. My 7 year old account is banned for toxicity and tbh I didn’t even reform and I never will Well obviously not, they've clearly modified their punishment system and expected usage of in-game chat without informing the playerbase.
Chermorg (NA)
: There is not a zero tolerance policy for the behavior you displayed. You had received multiple warnings this sort of argumentative and combative attitude is not welcome in League. You chose to continue this behavior instead of stopping. That is why you were permanently banned. Keep in mind the lack of more games in your reform card does not mean this was the only game you were recently negative in. The reform card provides *some* games to give you an *idea* of the type of behavior that got you punished. It does not necessarily try to provide all recent examples of negativity.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:09:51.739+0000) > > There is not a zero tolerance policy for the behavior you displayed. It would appear there is, as I was punished off of one single game with next to no negativity. > You had received multiple warnings this sort of argumentative and combative attitude is not welcome in League. You chose to continue this behavior instead of stopping. That is why you were permanently banned. You have yet to provide me with examples of my negative behavior besides portions of a single message without even the context of the full message. You clearly do not understand how language and communication works if you think a single word taken out of context is relevant here. > Keep in mind the lack of more games in your reform card does not mean this was the only game you were recently negative in. The reform card provides *some* games to give you an *idea* of the type of behavior that got you punished. It does not necessarily try to provide all recent examples of negativity. Except it does, because this is the only game that I could have been reported in, because I only played 2 games since my 2 week ban, and the first game was a tryout for a team in which no toxicity was displayed by anyone in the game. This game got me punished, and the vast majority of people agree that it's a ridiculous punishment for a ridiculously small "offense" with a ridiculously small sample size.
Chermorg (NA)
: You did display negativity in chat. Insults are negative - regardless of the context, it's never not negative to call someone a moron, or to flame them for being toxic, or to harass them for their behavior, or to argue with them and goad them into responding to you. You were no better than everyone else in the game you claim was triggering you. You were negative.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-13T01:02:10.245+0000) > > You did display negativity in chat. Insults are negative - regardless of the context, it's never not negative to call someone a moron, or to flame them for being toxic, or to harass them for their behavior, or to argue with them and goad them into responding to you. > > You were no better than everyone else in the game you claim was triggering you. You were negative. I displayed one instance of a negative behavior, and even that is up for debate by anyone willing to entertain the full picture rather than just looking at an isolated message. You can stop listing off assumptions any time btw, it isn't a good look for you. This iteration of the punishment system was originally designed to punish excessively toxic players. I don't know when we moved into a zero tolerance policy, but it needs to be clearly communicated to the community that a single potentially negative word, regardless of context, can and will lead to punishment. There is a reason multiple games are usually provided on reform cards. Assuming someone is still punishably toxic because of one mildly negative word in one 35 minute game is absolutely ridiculous.
Chermorg (NA)
: >Most players in a ranked game would not have been as kind as I was, you don't seem to know much about the nature of League players. In fact, I only rarely meet a player who's even the slightest bit negative as you are. There were multiple instances of harassing and negative behavior, and I've pointed those out to you, as has support and countless other players. You're not getting unbanned. Riot has given you their answer repeatedly.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:52:57.748+0000) > > In fact, I only rarely meet a player who's even the slightest bit negative as you are. > > There were multiple instances of harassing and negative behavior, and I've pointed those out to you, as has support and countless other players. You're not getting unbanned. Riot has given you their answer repeatedly. Yikes, you're clearly trolling, not a single person in their right mind would actually believe what you just said. You assume that I'm such a negative person, when I displayed no negativity in chat. Quote my harassment and negativity, don't just quote one word out of context, quote the entire message and explain to me why you feel it is negative or harassment. I don't care if I get unbanned, this account means absolutely nothing to me, but it's the first time I was wrongfully punished.
: Whoooboy, the downvote alt train is here. Chooochooo
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:48:54.770+0000) > > Whoooboy, the downvote alt train is here. > > Chooochooo Again, making assumptions about my behavior. Check his post history, his opinions don't seem to be popular around here.
Chermorg (NA)
: Your refusal to accept your poor behavior, and your continued failed attempts at justifying it do not change the situation. You may very well have done the best **you** could have despite the environment. That doesn't make it okay. Most players would've muted and moved on - not harassed/flamed back.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:41:50.942+0000) > > Your refusal to accept your poor behavior, and your continued failed attempts at justifying it do not change the situation. > > You may very well have done the best **you** could have despite the environment. That doesn't make it okay. Most players would've muted and moved on - not harassed/flamed back. Your refusal to read before commenting is unhelpful to this discussion. I just did accept the one instance of poor behavior displayed by me in this game. There are no other instances of poor behavior displayed by me in this game, unless you continue to make assumptions about the meaning behind my words rather than taking them at face value. You are the one failing here. Most players in a ranked game would not have been as kind as I was, you don't seem to know much about the nature of League players.
Chermorg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:19:19.539+0000) > > I'll continue to debunk this again and again since you and a minority in this community continue to assume things you don't know to be true (hence the majority's cries for context in our chat logs). > > I told my support "youre a moron // for trash talking someone // for wanting to focus on the game // and for having a bad game // youre just toxic,." because this player was harassing me while I was trying my best to win the game. Don't pretend for one second that I was flaming this person. You called them a moron. It doesn't matter **why** you did it. You insulted them. > I asked the enemy top "you delusional?" because he was repeatedly calling me a flamer when I had barely said anything in all chat and certainly had not been toxic in all chat. You, again, were being insulting. > My team was harassing me for 30 minutes, they were toxic, and yes I pointed that out to them so they would realize their behavior. It doesn't matter. You can mute them and report them. You cannot harass/insult them back. I'll admit that you didn't give up the entire game. However, the behavior you exhibited is indicative of a negative "giving up" attitude. > My game behavior was perfectly acceptable. My chat behavior was as positive as it could be in a toxic game environment, and certainly not negative. I did not say my behavior was any of the above, I simply said that those things are now considered punishable and negative, which they are under the support team's guidebook for justifying bans. Your game behavior is not what's in question here. Your chat behavior was not acceptable. If you were in a toxic environment, you can mute and move on. You are expected to control yourself and not insult and harass others. > Get off your high horse and stop trying to find hidden meaning in the things I've said. I've been straight forward in explaining myself multiple times, but these things should not need explaining. You can read the chat logs from an unbiased perspective and you will understand it exactly the way I'm explaining it. I am reading it from an unbiased perspective. I have never played a game with you that I can remember. I have no real "horse in the race" so to speak. I couldn't care less whether *you as a person* are banned or not. I do, however, care that you were given **repeated** warnings this behavior is not okay, and you chose to continue furthering negativity for others in your games. To end, I am going to warn you that you are not going to be unbanned just because you keep making posts and getting a large number of views/votes through what has a slight air of impropriety about it. I am not saying you are necessarily doing anything wrong, but keep in mind that votes/views are not going to get you unbanned, and "false votes" from friends/alternate accounts aren't going to get you unbanned either.
Alright for the sake of discussion, I'm going to just go ahead and say I did call the support a moron, even though that wasn't intended to be isolated nor an insult. You cannot tell me anything else I said in that game was punishable. I was not negative, I was not harassing anyone, I was not flaming anyone, I was not trolling, I never once gave up. I have the chat logs and the match history/game stats to prove it. I had honest intentions to do my best despite a harassing, negative, toxic team, but it's never enough for you people. You continue to assume everything I said was with poor intentions. I'm done speaking to you, you're irrational as proven by your countless assumptions about my behavior.
Chermorg (NA)
: You repeatedly insult your team (things like "moron", "delusional", "toxic"). You repeatedly express you've given up the game and have a negative attitude towards it (things such as "gg wp" early on, etc) You are arguing with your team the entire game. ---- You had prior punishments which should have served as warnings that your behavior is not okay. Socializing, competitive banter, and occasional *sportsmanlike* bm are okay. Your behavior was not that. Your behavior was insulting, negative, and toxic.
I'll continue to debunk this again and again since you and a minority in this community continue to assume things you don't know to be true (hence the majority's cries for context in our chat logs). > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-13T00:06:01.809+0000) > > You repeatedly insult your team (things like "moron", "delusional", "toxic"). I told my support "youre a moron // for trash talking someone // for wanting to focus on the game // and for having a bad game // youre just toxic,." because this player was harassing me while I was trying my best to win the game. Don't pretend for one second that I was flaming this person. I asked the enemy top "you delusional?" because he was repeatedly calling me a flamer when I had barely said anything in all chat and certainly had not been toxic in all chat. My team was harassing me for 30 minutes, they were toxic, and yes I pointed that out to them so they would realize their behavior. > You repeatedly express you've given up the game and have a negative attitude towards it (things such as "gg wp" early on, etc) Don't say repeatedly unless you can give me multiple examples of me giving up on the game. I said "gg wp all" and started a surrender vote after we got wiped at our inhibitor. When the team voted no, a 2/3 vote I believe, I didn't surrender or bring up anything related to surrendering for the rest of the game. There is NOTHING toxic about this, and if there is, the company you represent needs to be clear that saying "good game well played" can be construed as toxic and block the phrase, and then remove the option to start a surrender vote. > You are arguing with your team the entire game. Hardly arguing, and hardly for the entire game. Go look for and provide examples if you're going to accuse me of something I did not do. > You had prior punishments which should have served as warnings that your behavior is not okay. Socializing, competitive banter, and occasional *sportsmanlike* bm are okay. Your behavior was not that. Your behavior was insulting, negative, and toxic. My game behavior was perfectly acceptable. My chat behavior was as positive as it could be in a toxic game environment, and certainly not negative. I did not say my behavior was any of the above, I simply said that those things are now considered punishable and negative, which they are under the support team's guidebook for justifying bans. Get off your high horse and stop trying to find hidden meaning in the things I've said. I've been straight forward in explaining myself multiple times, but these things should not need explaining. You can read the chat logs from an unbiased perspective and you will understand it exactly the way I'm explaining it.
Rioter Comments
SanKakU (NA)
: A typo to me in that case would be 'finr' 'find' 'finw' or something like that. 'fin' + 'e' on a new message? I've done that kind of thing very rarely. Yeah, mistakes in typing while playing an intense game is normal, but the level of typos you seemed to have in your game goes to make someone wonder about your character. I'm going to let you in on my honest opinion. You type too much. Both in game, and on the boards. Take your time and do it more carefully, wait until you're properly composed and don't just explode with expedited messages.
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=006c00000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T20:47:37.965+0000) > > A typo to me in that case would be 'finr' 'find' 'finw' or something like that. 'fin' + 'e' on a new message? I've done that kind of thing very rarely. Yeah, mistakes in typing while playing an intense game is normal, but the level of typos you seemed to have in your game goes to make someone wonder about your character. Yikes, you're stubborn aren't you. It doesn't take a PhD in social sciences to figure this out bud, save your expert analysis for something with a bit more depth. This is just a straightforward League reform card.
: Soooo uhhhh They banned you and proceeded to not tell you whether the others actually got punished for their flaming. :Think:
> [{quoted}](name=FailureOfAPerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=006b,timestamp=2018-05-12T20:06:28.483+0000) > > Soooo uhhhh > > They banned you and proceeded to not tell you whether the others actually got punished for their flaming. > > :Think: They may have gotten chat restrict, but they're all continuing to play games since I got banned. Clearly the community hasn't done a good enough job in report such toxic players.
SanKakU (NA)
: No replay to show one way or another but seems like you fed yourself into them or she fed you into them. Either one of you was wrong, or perhaps more likely both of you were wrong. Flaunting your rank doesn't help anything. You told them it's 'fin' but you later claim you were determined to win? Seems like you meant to tell them it's 'over' as in the past and not referring to the game, but by calling it the 'end' makes it look like you gave up. Maybe you just meant something like it's the end of you trusting Ahri, but a random nobody on the boards giving you the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean the average player will. You need to use full sentences more often if you're going to use such strong words. I'm not even going to read the rest of it, that's plenty enough information to show that you're better off not typing anything than typing incomplete sentences that at best confuse your allies and distract them.
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=006c,timestamp=2018-05-12T20:18:29.635+0000) > > No replay to show one way or another but seems like you fed yourself into them or she fed you into them. Either one of you was wrong, or perhaps more likely both of you were wrong. Flaunting your rank doesn't help anything. You told them it's 'fin' but you later claim you were determined to win? Seems like you meant to tell them it's 'over' as in the past and not referring to the game, but by calling it the 'end' makes it look like you gave up. Maybe you just meant something like it's the end of you trusting Ahri, but a random nobody on the boards giving you the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean the average player will. You need to use full sentences more often if you're going to use such strong words. > > I'm not even going to read the rest of it, that's plenty enough information to show that you're better off not typing anything than typing incomplete sentences that at best confuse your allies and distract them. I didn't intentionally feed, but I guess I did "feed." I was playing a squishy champ into fed AD burst. No one uses the word "fin". That "fin" was supposed to say "fine"... As in I was trying to reassure my ally that yes I'm frustrated but it's fine and we can get over it. It's difficult to type when you're behind and being harassed, obviously it gets to you and messes up your fine motor skills a bit. Not sure if you're trolling or what. That was a ridiculous amount of analysis for a very clear typo, almost as if you're nitpicking for some hidden reason to punish me.
Triple3T (NA)
: I could see some of your chat to be inting maybe. Doing a surrender vote and typing gg wp all can be taken the wrong way. Many would take it as you giving up because generally that's something you type when the game is over not in the middle of one. Therefore by typing that and trying to surrender, it could be misunderstood that you gave up, which is something that you can be banned for.
> [{quoted}](name=Triple3T,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0064,timestamp=2018-05-12T03:12:10.755+0000) > > I could see some of your chat to be inting maybe. Doing a surrender vote and typing gg wp all can be taken the wrong way. Many would take it as you giving up because generally that's something you type when the game is over not in the middle of one. Therefore by typing that and trying to surrender, it could be misunderstood that you gave up, which is something that you can be banned for. INTING? My god dude, is there anything you people can't find in an innocent chat log?
Arnoi (NA)
: Riot isn't going to comment on this. They put that ban system into place. They knew they could ban as many people as they wanted and they'd make new accounts and buy RP. It's a money thing. Nobody how justified you are or how unfair the ban is, I guarantee PB team is trained at all cost to say no when you ask them to unban your account. I mean think about it. If there is a chargeback on your card they perma ban your account then. IT HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ABOUT MONEY. The more accounts they ban, the more people will rejoin and buy the same exact skins and champs with RP as they did with the last account. Someone should take these people to court IMO. Not saying EVERYONE deserves a chance. Some people are just toxic and deserve a ban but the system is so broken even IMAQTPIE got a chat restriction a few weeks ago. American's number 1 loved favorite LOL streamed got a chat restriction. Let that sink in....
> [{quoted}](name=Arnoi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0063,timestamp=2018-05-12T02:16:43.705+0000) > > Riot isn't going to comment on this. They put that ban system into place. They knew they could ban as many people as they wanted and they'd make new accounts and buy RP. It's a money thing. Nobody how justified you are or how unfair the ban is, I guarantee PB team is trained at all cost to say no when you ask them to unban your account. > > I mean think about it. If there is a chargeback on your card they perma ban your account then. IT HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ABOUT MONEY. The more accounts they ban, the more people will rejoin and buy the same exact skins and champs with RP as they did with the last account. Someone should take these people to court IMO. > > Not saying EVERYONE deserves a chance. Some people are just toxic and deserve a ban but the system is so broken even IMAQTPIE got a chat restriction a few weeks ago. American's number 1 loved favorite LOL streamed got a chat restriction. Let that sink in.... They often do comment on behavior threads that gain a bit of traction, though usually it's to entertain people by "smiting" the original poster. This thread has blown up more than most, and still no comment from a single relevant Rioter. I don't like to comment on the ban system because my opinions are unpopular and it isn't the point of this post. However I will say, no one who gets permanently banned quits this game, and no one is starting from scratch. Take that to mean what you will.
: I'm slightly disappointed no Rioter has commented yet, but hopefully they might discuss it and at least offer a stance, even if we all hate them for it. I think at least a response is better than nothing. If I were up for a permaban and this was my case, even if Riot told me it was final I'd respect that so long as they offered common decency in fair dealing. Creating a new account MIGHT be the only way if they decide to hold this judgement but at least you'd have maybe a helpful review for future reference.
> [{quoted}](name=Anti Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0062,timestamp=2018-05-12T01:46:08.348+0000) > > I'm slightly disappointed no Rioter has commented yet, but hopefully they might discuss it and at least offer a stance, even if we all hate them for it. I think at least a response is better than nothing. If I were up for a permaban and this was my case, even if Riot told me it was final I'd respect that so long as they offered common decency in fair dealing. Creating a new account MIGHT be the only way if they decide to hold this judgement but at least you'd have maybe a helpful review for future reference. I'm also disappointed no prominent rioter's have responded to this thread, it's blown up in the past 24 hours. It looks like Tantram, the main player behavior guy, is currently on vacation. It's definitely going to say a lot about their stance on player behavior and the direction they want to take this thing. If they stand by this ban, they're taking a zero-tolerance stance and anyone who uses chat for anything other than strategic planning or positive reinforcement is risking a punishment.
: Its kind of debatable but based on the logs you’ve given us, this game alone does not present a concrete reason to ban you. I do think that it’s possible you have had prior offenses that led to this, but a perma isn’t fair, especially considering that you were the one being bullied in chat and flamed. I’m sorry and hope all is well. Good luck getting unbanned. Unfortunately, they only unban toxic streamers that bring in money for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Echostormxx,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0061,timestamp=2018-05-12T01:40:31.505+0000) > > Its kind of debatable but based on the logs you’ve given us, this game alone does not present a concrete reason to ban you. I do think that it’s possible you have had prior offenses that led to this, but a perma isn’t fair, especially considering that you were the one being bullied in chat and flamed. I’m sorry and hope all is well. Good luck getting unbanned. Unfortunately, they only unban toxic streamers that bring in money for them. Yeah, like the most toxic streamer of all time, who after a month return of questionable but not ban worthy behavior, has now stopped streaming and has regressed into flaming and trolling master/challenger games. Hasn't even hit his 2 week ban yet though lol.
: i hope riot unbanns you man. To be banned from responding to trolls and morons is rediculous way to go.
> [{quoted}](name=PanzerGaren,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=005f,timestamp=2018-05-12T01:22:20.611+0000) > > i hope riot unbanns you man. To be banned from responding to trolls and morons is rediculous way to go. *For responding in a non-toxic manner, too...
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00550000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:58:03.143+0000) > > I had them muted for half of the game. Anyways, that is irrelevant, I can unmute and talk to people if I choose. Saying someone is a moron without flaming them or harassing them is really not a punishable offense, I can't even believe you're trying to argue that. > > They were upset over my choice to not use voice and they started it by taking it out on me in game. > > Feeding the trolls is not a bannable offense. Stay on topic. You don't get what im doing do you?
> [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=005500000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:59:27.435+0000) > > You don't get what im doing do you? I would hope you're trolling with the views you've shown to have, but I don't assume things :)
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=005500000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:44:14.162+0000) > > You know nothing so stop assuming things. I felt like crap for dying so much and having no way to impact the game until later. I felt like crap for being flamed by a bunch of people and for being forced to play with people who did not want to play with me. I don't care what they wanted to achieve, the only thing relevant to me right now is the outcome and this outcome is not justified in any way. > > I said "Xd" after I died I believe, because at that point I was getting 3 hit. Stop pretending like you know me, your assumptions are unhelpful and show your lack of maturity. > > Edit: I like to use this "tactic" of speaking sometimes too, but in this game I did not and so you should not be assuming that. There was no hidden meaning behind anything that I said. Then why did you never ignore them, why did you never stop feeding them? those who wanted to make you angry, those who wanted to make you mad. You gave them ammunition by talking back, which led you to tipping the ban onto yourself by calling them morons. Whether you like it or not, its you who gave yourself your permaban, its nobody elses fault, you chose to talk back and "defend" yourself. Hell, the only reasons the enemy started flaming you was because you were also talking back to camille, who clearly understands what im talking about. Don't feed the trolls next time.
> [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0055000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:53:29.815+0000) > > Then why did you never ignore them, why did you never stop feeding them? those who wanted to make you angry, those who wanted to make you mad. You gave them ammunition by talking back, which led you to tipping the ban onto yourself by calling them morons. > > Whether you like it or not, its you who gave yourself your permaban, its nobody elses fault, you chose to talk back and "defend" yourself. Hell, the only reasons the enemy started flaming you was because you were also talking back to camille, who clearly understands what im talking about. > > Don't feed the trolls next time. I had them muted for half of the game. Anyways, that is irrelevant, I can unmute and talk to people if I choose. Saying someone is a moron without flaming them or harassing them is really not a punishable offense, I can't even believe you're trying to argue that. They were upset over my choice to not use voice and they started it by taking it out on me in game. Feeding the trolls is not a bannable offense. Stay on topic.
Ekitaih (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0002000000000000000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:18:52.199+0000) > > Yikes, you're so far up on that high horse you haven't got a clue. Let me help fill you in. > > My attitude was dramatically improved, as you can see in my above chat logs from an extremely toxic game. > > antagonize: to cause someone to become hostile > I said "Nice flame" in /all chat, directed at the multiple players across both teams who were openly harassing me throughout the entirety of the game, which started long before I sent this message. I did not cause these players to become hostile, and I did not throw fuel into the fire with my comment. They didn't understand how much they were harassing me, and so I pointed it out to them. > > I said "Your mid got a free lead" in /all chat, directed at the enemy Camille top who was dominating my jungle off the back of her team's early success. So now that you have some context on two messages that weren't toxic regardless, let's move on. > > Can't believe I have to explain this to you but you clearly need it. Flaming didn't make me play better. It's true, my team harassing me over my choice to forego voice comms, and after every death, was not helping me to play better. I was behind, and I needed their harassment to stop if I was to be able to think clearly and get back into the game. > > I informed my team (and I believe /all chat) that they were muted, so they would have to communicate through pings. And that is exactly what they started doing. Then, after I noticed my mid laner was half-AFK in her lane, probably typing, I said "unmuted" and tried to explain myself to him. Then my support (the leader of the group) continued harassing me, so I informed them I was muting them again. This is called communication, get off your high horse and stop trying to find some hidden meaning in everything I say. > > The full message chain, which was all sent within the span of 10 seconds, was " youre a moron // for trash talking someone // for wanting to focus on the game // and for having a bad game // youre just toxic,." > > My support, who was complaining to me in voice comms before the game, saying that no one would stick around in their flex group for more than a day, was now harassing me in game for not wanting to use my mic so I could focus on my own gameplay. I agree that looking back from a calmer perspective, I should not have called her a moron. Does that mean I think calling her a moron is punishable? No, not unless I was calling her a moron to flame her or harass her gameplay, which I wasn't. > > I was happy we all could pull through and win as a team, despite the toxicity and harassment for 95% of the game. I told my team earlier in the game that we would win, and we did. What is toxic about this??? > > Multiple people on both teams were harassing me throughout the entirety of this game, and they legitimately thought that I was the flamer and that they were in the right. I had a different view, and so after they flamed me, I said "Nice flame." This is not punishable, but feel free to argue your point. > > No. I did not break the summoner's code. But let's break it down because you clearly need it. > > 1. I did. I was mildly positive amidst all of the harassment. > 2. There was no constructive feedback to drive. Communication was done through pings, chat was used to harass me. > 3. I did, when I was able to. Nothing more I can do to convince people I'm trying to win when they think I'm a feeding troll because I won't use voice and I'm getting outplayed by the enemy. > 4. I did enjoy myself, and I enjoyed the game because everyone was trying to win. They were enjoying the game at my expense. > 5. Tried, but wasn't possible. > 6. No rules broken here. > 7. I was resolute for the vast majority of the game. I was indignant after my second death. My indignance did not cause my team to be toxic; they were already against me. > 8. I ignored my team's mistakes and didn't try to teach them how to play the game. Guess I broke this guideline too! > 9. I was determined to win despite my team's harassment in a toxic game environment. I did not harass them back or flame them for making me feel bad. I lead by example for better than most would. > > Judging by how vague these sections are, the summoner's code is obviously a positive guideline and not a rulebook. If it were a rulebook, any player could be punished at any time for not doing all of these things. It is perfectly acceptable to be neutral in your words/actions and not take actions towards some of these sections. Sigh. It's obvious that this discussion is going nowhere. Your inability to admit you are wrong is what got you into this situation in the first place. All I can say is start another account and build back up. Otherwise, enjoy your ban. I'm pretty sure they won't lift it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ekitaih,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00020000000000000003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:52:25.270+0000) > > Sigh. It's obvious that this discussion is going nowhere. > Your inability to admit you are wrong is what got you into this situation in the first place. All I can say is start another account and build back up. Otherwise, enjoy your ban. I'm pretty sure they won't lift it. You have nothing of substance to contribute to this conversation, so you're ducking out early. Your views are flawed if you can't back them up.
Mannny (NA)
: So I went 31/6 and at the very last second when we're killing the nexus, my team forfeits
Interesting you were premade with your mid laner, and then you continued to queue with him after that game, so your premade either trolled you and you don't really care that much, or YOU chose to /ff and it backfired on you. I'm curious, which is it?
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0055000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:26:12.771+0000) > > I did learn. As you can see by my chat log, I was calm and defensive while being harassed by multiple people. Don't be so self righteous. You haven't played a game since season 7, so I honestly would not be surprised if you were permanently banned right now too. I'm not banned, I just don't enjoy the game right now, and with the way my life is going I don't have time for league, also what? I have played the game since season 7, I literally played 9 days ago, unless season 8 JUST started, which I doubt. But you weren't being calm, and I know this by the way of the typing, when I first started I used the exact same tactic. This isn't being defensive, its provoking them, trying to drive them out to show you're better. You even said it yourself in an earlier comment, "taunt the enemy", if it was defensive you would've just muted, or even better yet, ignored them, mute the people spam pinging you, and ignore your team, since you know you're the better man, don't just think that way, prove it, prove it by not taking their bait, prove it by not addressing them, by not feeding the trolls. All they want is attention, you to get angry, and you to be banned, looking at your chat logs, it clearly shows it worked (even if you try to hide it by typing "Xd" and shit) they got their victory out of you, in both aspects.
> [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00550000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:37:59.361+0000) > > I'm not banned, I just don't enjoy the game right now, and with the way my life is going I don't have time for league, also what? I have played the game since season 7, I literally played 9 days ago, unless season 8 JUST started, which I doubt. > > But you weren't being calm, and I know this by the way of the typing, when I first started I used the exact same tactic. This isn't being defensive, its provoking them, trying to drive them out to show you're better. You even said it yourself in an earlier comment, "taunt the enemy", if it was defensive you would've just muted, or even better yet, ignored them, mute the people spam pinging you, and ignore your team, since you know you're the better man, don't just think that way, prove it, prove it by not taking their bait, prove it by not addressing them, by not feeding the trolls. > > All they want is attention, you to get angry, and you to be banned, looking at your chat logs, it clearly shows it worked (even if you try to hide it by typing "Xd" and shit) they got their victory out of you, in both aspects. You know nothing so stop assuming things. I felt like crap for dying so much and having no way to impact the game until later. I felt like crap for being flamed by a bunch of people and for being forced to play with people who did not want to play with me. I don't care what they wanted to achieve, the only thing relevant to me right now is the outcome and this outcome is not justified in any way. I said "Xd" after I died I believe, because at that point I was getting 3 hit. Stop pretending like you know me, your assumptions are unhelpful and show your lack of maturity. Edit: I like to use this "tactic" of speaking sometimes too, but in this game I did not and so you should not be assuming that. There was no hidden meaning behind anything that I said.
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00550000,timestamp=2018-05-11T21:07:12.076+0000) > > I have a history yes, but I don't have a history of toxicity since my previous punishment, which was one month ago. I don't see toxicity on my part so I don't think a punishment should even be possible. Is what you see in this game enough to justify my punishment? The problem with the league ban system is it doesn't work based off what you did, it works off strikes First strike is like a 5 game chat restrict then higher then 14 day ban then perma. It doesn't matter if you called your friend sarcastically a "moron" or said "fuck" in a game once, if you had a previous ban, then you're out forever. You should've learned this at your first strike, I did after I got my first chat restrict and that message game up when I first started playing league, never gotten it since.
> [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=005500000000,timestamp=2018-05-12T00:23:57.767+0000) > > The problem with the league ban system is it doesn't work based off what you did, it works off strikes > > First strike is like a 5 game chat restrict > then higher > then 14 day ban > then perma. > > It doesn't matter if you called your friend sarcastically a "moron" or said "fuck" in a game once, if you had a previous ban, then you're out forever. > You should've learned this at your first strike, I did after I got my first chat restrict and that message game up when I first started playing league, never gotten it since. I did learn. As you can see by my chat log, I was calm and defensive while being harassed by multiple people. Don't be so self righteous. You haven't played a game since season 7, so I honestly would not be surprised if you were permanently banned right now too.
Show more

GodCarry

Level 36 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion