Rioter Comments
: Teamfight Tactics patch 9.16 notes
This is all well and good - but what about The Camera bug, that some people cant look around the map - regardless of clicking mini-map - other players names ect. The bug of some people even in ranked - getting into the ring of items before anyone else can gets TO the ring - The bug that at times units such as Cho'Gath and Kennen with Guardian Angel - can cast there ulti's even when dead. It does not wait for them to resurrect. Not saying new champs, and fixes are not a good thing - but can we fix the old problems before creating new ones?
Rioter Comments
Cräfty (EUW)
: > You can apply that to many other comps. Indeed. > Demons are unfair, they ruin your progress because you can't use spells with them around. **Yep**! And there is no counterplay, remember that! You can't build up mana from your AAs or them attacking you, since they'll most likely burn it all and deal true damage to you. > Yordles are unfair, they ruin your progress because you can't use physical attacks with them around. **Nope**! Yordles can be countered by magic damage and items like {{item:3094}} or {{item:3033}}, for example. And since almost all units abilities are considered magic damage (_unless stated otherwise in their tooltip_) the counterplay margin is huge! Not only that, since even if yordles dodges AAs, they are still hitting the enemy. In this case, the enemy still can build up mana from getting hit and use his units abilities to counter the yordles. Not to mention that there are so many items that counter yordles as well. > Glacials are unfair, they ruin your progress because you can't do anything because your'e stunned to death. **Yep**! And there is no counterplay, remember that! It only takes one Glacial proc and the fight is ruined for you, unless your stunned units are tanky enough to survive until they defreeze. But who are we kidding here? You're never getting out of the chain stun lock, you're petrified for life! They should rename Glacials to Medusa's children or something, it's more fitting of a name, imo! > Phantoms are unfair, they ruin your progress because they instantly delete one of your units. **Yep**! And there is no counter play, remember that! You can't position your units to counter phantom buff, and you can't itemize against it either. There aren't even any traits that counter it. That's why in one of my posts, I suggested that they change the buff to a X% HP, rather than 100 HP, as a temporary solution, until they rework the trait completely. > Everyone's already crying about Hextech and it's not even in the game. Personally it's just.. whatever? Then why are you here, if it's just " _**whatever**_ " for you? You're here defending it, so it's not " **_whatever_** ", you actually care! Be honest with yourself, at least. > It's just another comp. It doesn't even feel that OP to me. If you can't understand something as **simple** as the fact that **_if you design a game with certain core mechanics (ex: items/traits), that constitute the core gameplay and win conditions for players to succeed in the game itself, but then just introduce other mechanics that, regardless of whether they're easy or hard to use, directly negate and prohibit you from utilizing all of said mechanics (thus, you can't win) and ruining your whole game progression that you spent so much time to make_**... then I can't help you. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Cräfty,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=E3aQ3GH8,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T22:37:27.231+0000) > > Indeed. > > **Yep**! And there is no counterplay, remember that! You can't build up mana from your AAs or them attacking you, since they'll most likely burn it all and deal true damage to you. > > **Nope**! Yordles can be countered by magic damage and items like {{item:3094}} or {{item:3033}}, for example. And since almost all units abilities are considered magic damage (_unless stated otherwise in their tooltip_) the counterplay margin is huge! Not only that, since even if yordles dodges AAs, they are still hitting the enemy. In this case, the enemy still can build up mana from getting hit and use his units abilities to counter the yordles. Not to mention that there are so many items that counter yordles as well. > > **Yep**! And there is no counterplay, remember that! It only takes one Glacial proc and the fight is ruined for you, unless your stunned units are tanky enough to survive until they defreeze. But who are we kidding here? You're never getting out of the chain stun lock, you're petrified for life! > > They should rename Glacials to Medusa's children or something, it's more fitting of a name, imo! > > **Yep**! And there is no counter play, remember that! You can't position your units to counter phantom buff, and you can't itemize against it either. There aren't even any traits that counter it. That's why in one of my posts, I suggested that they change the buff to a X% HP, rather than 100 HP, as a temporary solution, until they rework the trait completely. > > Then why are you here, if it's just " _**whatever**_ " for you? You're here defending it, so it's not " **_whatever_** ", you actually care! Be honest with yourself, at least. > > If you can't understand something as **simple** as the fact that **_if you design a game with certain core mechanics (ex: items/traits), that constitute the core gameplay and win conditions for players to succeed in the game itself, but then just introduce other mechanics that, regardless of whether they're easy or hard to use, directly negate and prohibit you from utilizing all of said mechanics (thus, you can't win) and ruining your whole game progression that you spent so much time to make_**... then I can't help you. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} This might get me some backlash .. but .. this is just a **opinion** - i want that said upfront and made clear. **Demon's **- pain in the ass, but you can rely on units that do not use there ulti's -- or like {{champion:53}} use it right away and rarely see it again **Yordle's **- you said it. Magic dmg and such still connects - and items like RFC ect. help **Glacial **- again pain in the outright backside - but you can beat a 6 Glacial team, no idea how , just swear i did- **Phantom **- This.. i agree 100% -- random guy goes to hell - end of story - 90% of the time its gonna hit someone you need, and its just a bad day in Boston. But - and again a **OPINION ** - i find a lot of TFT is being very, very .. **VERY** fluid with your comp - you see someone building demons - you focus on your base attack units, you never use your ulti so you dont care. your mainstay is coming from the power of your auto's - so your items and units tend to reflect that. high dmg, high atk speed, people like {{champion:67}} {{champion:119}} who's ability is not mana reliant - items that buff atk speed, and damage - it wont be easy, but it will be a fight at least.. In my mind.. and I am only Silver 1 - *I like to think due to the fact I have the camera bug that I dont get to see positioning and such , making {{item:3172}} my largest enemy* - my comp rolls sometimes between 2-3 comps - depending what i am seeing the "winning" teams build - because I cant look around, I have to memorize what comps ive seen what items are being built and what i can do to stop them. It does not always work - i agree - but it also means that there is "counterplay" just not "counterplay" like we are used to in league where X defeats Y -- this is more like .. he is going X, so you gotta get Y and Z because if Y fails, Z might help. Every TFT game is a 50/50 -- 70/30 if your running the "meta" comps, and the meta items.. 80/20 if you have {{champion:555}} (Who it think is 3 times more broken then most of the items.. nothing like a 2 gold cost unit who can stun your entire team , and whats better is your team will literately walk into line for him to do so. saw a guy run 2 , silver tier pykes.. never went for the 3rd... why? because at 2.5 second stun, and your hitting 80% of there team with it.. twice , is better then a 3 second stun , once Not to mention , and I have seen this a few times.. if you see someone getting outta hand , sacrifice your gold to buy some of there units. slow them down if you can, if you have a T2 Voli and a T1 voli, even if you are running yordles the odds that guy is getting his T3, are a bit less - yea, it took 12 gold outta your pocket. but it took a lot of wind outa his sails. Anyhow.. Just a opinion - I do hope they fix some of the glaring problems with items - and champions {{champion:555}} -- But.. overall the mode is rather new - and they wanna fill a roster - give people more reasons to not rely on the same ole same ole i guess..
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Yeah because the fact that Veigar is a glass cannon and can get blown up in a matter of seconds means nothing. No, he has always had that passive, and the changes they made to him are the only thing that makes him an OK mid pick.
> **> [{quoted}](name=lmakehersquirtle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6szpLnuG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-29T06:55:50.538+0000) > > > Yeah because the fact that Veigar is a glass cannon and can get blown up in a matter of seconds means nothing. No, he has always had that passive, and the changes they made to him are the only thing that makes him an OK mid pick.** This is a lie - Veigar did not "always have that passive" -- he used to have a passive much like {{item:3028}} - where he constantly regenerated % total mana.. which made him a much better mage -imo. His could sustain his mana in lane nearly infinitely if he wanted. Gaining his stacks with Q - They changed it for what ever reason, (only riot knows) - to this "touch someone gain AP" - I agree that his new passive makes him annoying as hell - however, it would not be so bad if his AP ratios were low - but they are not - nor is he a "glass cannon" outright, you can build him that way and execute anyone with the high skill level R push. His Q - does between 70-230 damage + 60% total AP (not just bonus) His W - 100 - 300 + 100% total AP - and gets a passive 10% reduced CD per 50 stacks His E - is about 1/3 a lane in area (have not measured exactly) R - 175-325+75% total AP - increased by targets % missing HP up to 100% at 33% or less. In my eyes - his R should be a skill shot not a point and click, (imagine if {{champion:6}} ulti always connected - did that kind of damage - and he could just kill you if he desired - people would flip) (So for reference Urgot R is 100-350 +50% **bonus **AD only , not total) His E should be a smaller area and his ratios should be dipped to about 1/2 - or 3/4 what they are - He would still scale well into mid/late game - he would still destroy Late late game, and he could still pretty much deal true dmg with a {{item:3135}} later game. but of course I am not Riot - these are just opinions
: Aram Bans Removed!
Personally , I loved the ban's -- it stopped you from seeing the same champs every game - and it was not like you saw the same champs banned every time - i had many matches that champs like {{champion:115}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:90}} were completely open - should the die land on them I was amazed to see bans like {{champion:516}} and {{champion:44}} come out. Even had a few matches where {{champion:45}} and {{champion:11}} who i would think would be on the perm ban list - were not only in the match , but on the same team. Thing is a lot of people go into a match, if they don't get the champ they like, want or is strong they dodge, I've seen 7-8 dodges in a row at times. and I know leaver-buster (tm) is supposed to stop that, but if its working and there is no way around it.. why would they dodge, multiple games in a row? Pity they got rid of em - but , lets hope for the future.
: Removing aram bans will make it less diverse than what it used to
We can only hope - that they will re-put the bans in. And that the butcher bridge event was to "test" , and now they are looking at doing it as a whole. Personally I thought the bans made the mode more enjoyable.
Fluxxeh (NA)
: I (used to) play a lot of ARAM and if the other people on my team are all poke and I'm the only tank, I'll play the tank and usually do quite well with it. That said, Lux is my main on SR and sometimes when I'm working from home, I will queue for an ARAM and hope that I get Lux and if I don't I will dodge and keep working. I have been playing since 2013 and I own 78 champions. I will admit that maining Lux on SR has made me biased towards mages, and I own almost all the mages in the game. I play my fair share of tanks on ARAM and I actually really enjoy it (if my team is competent...). Adding bans to ARAM though means that everyone will just ban the ranged character that they hate the most and the end result is just anti-fun. I can see why someone would argue in favor of these changes, but at the same time, they've nerfed fun out of the game to appease cry babies. I know how awful it is playing against broken comps, but I mean if you are getting stomped, the game is usually over in no more than 15 minutes and you just requeue. This is a classic example of removing fun from a game to appeal to people who cry when they get ruined by something. I'm a big fan of Sona on ARAM and I have a discount for Odyssey Sona in my shop. Now that she is banned constantly on ARAM I don't see why I would purchase it. When champions are assigned and I get some stupid champion while seeing that Xerath, Ziggs, Fiddle, Sona, Lux, Teemo, Blitz, etc have been banned I just close the game and play something else. This seems like a shitty change. I really hope that it doesn't stay.
Gotta disagree there - Banning champs like {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:115}} were bound to happen - you saw them EVERY game, people focused accounts around getting the "best" ARAM champs - and while I am sure it was fun for them , it was anti- fun for someone who owns all champs and ends up with a {{champion:58}} vs {{champion:99}} - I personally LIKE the Ban's idea - and {{summoner:5}} <- Best idea ever! However, with all good things Riot likes to stir in a healthy portion of "WTF" - The buffs/nerfs to champs need ta go - your not going to fully balance ARAM - the ban's and Rerolls help balance the team-making - that is all you can ask for - the poke nerf needs ta go - if someone pokes, its poke its their thing and should not be nerfed because someone didn't like to try and doge and the whole idea that we need "faster" games needs to go - and i agree that melee's and tanks now seem too powerful - they want from mages being king, to ad tanks being king - and while i love tanks - without poke most mages are kinda ugh aginst em . IMO -the above "needs ta go list" just pushes the snowballing factor to far -- it used to be a mistake or two was not a huge deal, you could recover, and with teamwork come back - now one persons mistake or two could put half your team levels behind the other team, minions coming faster, towers dropping faster - the game is over based on the first mistake,. I always figured ARAM was about teamwork -- seems they wanted to make it another "lone wolf" carry scenario - Saw a Yi killed 3 people, die and then kill 2 more after death - was cool to watch - no doubt - but also kinda anti-fun
: I hate the idea of banning champions in ARAM. It is not Some Random Some Mid and it takes away from the fun of having all champions as an option.
Except it was never "all" the champions - it was only all random, from the pool you unlocked.
: Same! It just feels weird as it is SUPPOSED to be an all random game mode, and banning champs defeats that purpose.
Its "Random" within your pool of champs - not really "all random" thus people can abuse that by only unlocking what is generally considered "good" champs. Thus the person with all the champs unlocked gets screwed over the guy that just built a aram account with 10 unlocked champs - at least now if bans are there, they will get a "Free week champ" - Its worth the shot to see if it helps seeing the same champ over and over
Vhan8765 (NA)
: Still don't care for these changes but I'm fair enough to try them out. Personally thought ARAM was fine the way it was, but we'll see. Love the map skin though; always fun to play on Butcher's Bridge.
Don't mind the ban idea - though giving 5 might be push. I agree though I like ARAM - other then bans not a huge fan, but ill still be on that bridge.
: ARAM - Back to Bilgewater!
Love the ban idea, cant say I am 100% on board with shorter games - you rarely had a issue with "long" games unless the teams actually had a good fight. Making the game "faster" will just allow strong early champs to snowball harder, and thus limit the options for comebacks. Either way killer event.. back to the Murder Bridge! (edit +15% damage Nid spears -- LAWL)
Rioter Comments
Paroe (NA)
: Homogenization ad pigeonholing ARE NEVER GOOD THINGS. By removing the versatility and forcing a champion into a singular build or playstyle you effectively remove any and all ability of theirs to adapt to itemization changes on the fly. If anything, tanks with AP scaling like Braum, Leona, Rammus, and Malphite should be shifted to the much more synergistic and powerful AD bruiser itemization instead of being forced into a much weaker and less synergistic AP itemization if they want to do damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MNmmA8HN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-18T19:54:06.714+0000) > > Homogenization ad pigeonholing ARE NEVER GOOD THINGS. > By removing the versatility and forcing a champion into a singular build or playstyle you effectively remove any and all ability of theirs to adapt to itemization changes on the fly. > > If anything, tanks with AP scaling like Braum, Leona, Rammus, and Malphite should be shifted to the much more synergistic and powerful AD bruiser itemization instead of being forced into a much weaker and less synergistic AP itemization if they want to do damage. But that is the point of league, you choose a role, and you play it best ya can .. you CAN play {{champion:22}} as AP, it does not make her a mage but a adc playing with AP, and its not generally acceptable unless your goofing around. They made them into classes for a reason .. ADC, Tank, Assassin, Support , Mage -- -- you wanna snag some AP by running {{item:3027}} or {{item:3116}} I am not against it.. but it would be better then the {{item:3285}} {{item:3089}} and once even a {{item:3003}} on him - then while yes, you augment his damage a bit, but your still there to fullfill your "role" as the tank. I rarely if ever seen a FULL AP Leona or Braum... even though they too as you pointed out have ratios, Leona / Malphite 40% / 60% on Q 40% / 0 + 10% atks after on W 40% / 60% on E 80% +15% on atks after / 100% on R Now those are not horridly bad AP ratios - but no one plays her AP -the reason is that 1) if your gonna play a mage - there are better choices, and 2) she is just better as a tank.. I see your point, for versatility and ability- and I do not mean to "limit the ways to play champs" - however, as it sits - it seems a large portion of the playbase would rather play {{champion:54}} as a mage , rather then a tank as he role states -- meaning they need to move his role, or tweak him back to being a tank. Ofc, Just my opinion.
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Khash,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8csl4O7Z,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-28T14:37:14.799+0000) > > You do realize this is a 5v5 game and having a teammate with stupid item build ruins everyones fun. I suggest you go play Habbo hotel or Runescape if you just wanna "have fun". you can play with people in your early age group and your mentality and there is no winning in these games. I don't think you have ANY ranked experience at all to even know how /all chat is used properly. you are what makes aram unbearable. AP Ashe is another example of the mentality of an Iron player, You build something that has absolutely no effect on the champ what so ever just so you can have "fun" and waste the time of the other 4 people on your team because you are dumb, stupid and selfish. Like i said, go try something for age groups of 6-9 y/o where you fit in. Except, there are multiple, videos of like you said AP ashe - sniping people for full hp from fountain and helping there team hugely. - now granted you might be a little uh, if ashe goes ap when you have a full AP team already, but again ARAM being a fun mode, a place to test ideas, and enjoy team fights galore. Does it really hurt you, they have made games last less and less time so people can spam run games.. i think its what? 20 min now? when it used to be 60, then 45, then 30 .. a GOOD ARAM can take 45 min, ive seen it.. where teams are giving there all. But - thank you for your comment, and ill let the whole "You are what makes ARAM unbearable" go, rather then start some flame war with a obviously pro player who.
: Been a long time since I played ARAM, but I played it a lot. Can't say I had this pattern. You need to take a bigger sample.
> [{quoted}](name=Paravozikchoocho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zGdvHm3I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-28T02:45:18.497+0000) > > Been a long time since I played ARAM, but I played it a lot. Can't say I had this pattern. > You need to take a bigger sample. I will continue to attempt - figured after 3 days, I would check the fourms, cuz after that 4th game it gets hard to even enjoy the game when its people rushing in to die like lemmings. But ill keep at it.. Thanks for the post.
: aram has a mmr system just like normals and ranked. The problem is that since aram has a fairly low play rate especially for players in higher elos, so if people play aram once a month or most likely less than that, because of that its not going to be fairly accurate matchmaking almost no matter what. Not to mention people might just give up if they get a champ they dont like or they have the mindset that since its aram it doesnt matter. Another point of view is that since its aram its meant to be specifically for fun and people going all sweaty in it kinda ruins it.
> [{quoted}](name=DaTrout77,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zGdvHm3I,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-28T02:51:17.910+0000) > > aram has a mmr system just like normals and ranked. The problem is that since aram has a fairly low play rate especially for players in higher elos, so if people play aram once a month or most likely less than that, because of that its not going to be fairly accurate matchmaking almost no matter what. Not to mention people might just give up if they get a champ they dont like or they have the mindset that since its aram it doesnt matter. > > Another point of view is that since its aram its meant to be specifically for fun and people going all sweaty in it kinda ruins it. this I agree with , ARAM is a great place to enjoy the game, test unconventional builds and relax, but at the same time - you still need to work as a team if you plan to have a chance.. I mean you can run AD Hemier and ill laugh with you, but if AD hemier is gonna pull it off - it might need a little back up now and then ya know?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Goju,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AeExiMR5,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-09T00:47:59.513+0000) > > I am confused, and if this was covered before in some kinda of tread , forgive me for bringing it up , > > {{champion:84}} - is a seriously mobile champ, she can leap , dive dip dodge duck and do massive burst damage.. and has TRUE stealth, like even turrets do not see it.. > > {{champion:35}} - has 1 movement ability which is also his stealth - - and 50% of his abilities are countered by a 300 gold item. His Q - and his W , which are really his means for getting up on someone as he is not a ranged guy. I love the clown, but - > > Why? - I mean even {{champion:28}} has a spam-able attack that can go behind her for escapes. - {{champion:35}} can drop a box, but it takes a second or two to actually trigger, and most of the time if they have {{item:2047}} your screwed. > > I mean as a melee champ, shaco has to really get in there to be effective.. and backstab is great, but that means you need to get BEHIND them - which requires stealth. and if they paid 300 gold they are 80% immune to him unless they for some reason walk into a box rather then just killing it.. > > I mean i get that True Stealth is a pain, but I think of all the "stealth" champs, {{champion:35}} and {{champion:28}} would have been first on the list to receive it - why they gave it to a champ that can bounce around, anyway - and 90% of the time escape with her normal "shroud" - is beyond me. > > Again maybe it was covered, if so sorry - please direct me to the place where its explained. Thank you You're not seriously complaining about Shaco are you?
> [{quoted}](name=Witchy Wench,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AeExiMR5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-09T00:53:43.929+0000) > > You're not seriously complaining about Shaco are you? Uh. . no , actually I am saying that Shaco SHOULD have had the "True Stealth" not Akali.. he is a high requirement champ to start with , his boxes dont have a great AP ratio , his dagger is a up close range attack and his passive only works if your behind your enemy .. Compare that to 99% of the passives in the game and its crap Add to that he has a 80% counter kit with a 300 gold item. And Shaco is kinda a "why take him" champ. Oh if your GREAT with him you can do stuff 25% of the time, but the other 75% your a mobile vision ward at best. {{champion:84}} - should never have been given True Stealth to start with. The reword to her kit was more then enough, using the old shroud ability. There as no reason save to give her even more of a ability to ignore the towers. Given that Towers do JACK in damage to start with - but actually helped if she dove you , now she can dive under.. use her stealth.. kill you and waltz right out with a emote and the tower goes.."huh?" I think if any champ should have True Stealth, aka stealth that is not seen by a 300 gold item, it should BE {{champion:35}} - since he has to get pretty close to use any ability - even his box is basically the same range as his dagger throw.
Rioter Comments
Goju (NA)
: Stormrazor - question
My god, I hope so - I mean, its just gotten outta hand, when a {{champion:202}} with {{item:3095}} {{item:3094}} {{item:1038}} can just about drop a {{champion:14}} with {{item:3143}} and {{item:3047}} + {{item:3083}} - that is a issue. (by just about, i do not mean in a fight, I mean in a "trade" - he took like 2 shots and ran like hell - and i was at prolly 1/4-1/2 hp even after my sheild Another and most likely superior alternative, is buff {{item:3143}} - rather then -20% to crit, (which means they only do 140% ad- woohoo) have it negate a crit every 4 seconds - that means that a stormrazor COULD still crit, as well as two people could focus down a tank, like its supposed to be. And if they actually build Crit chance after Razor - ( I know this does not effect {{champion:202}} ) - they can still crit As for Worlds I think they are on there final rounds of games, I have not looked in a while, but thanks for commenting!
: Just delete Stormrazor from the game already.
Sadly , they will never "fix" or remove stormrazor - why? the answer is simple - ADC's whine louder then any other role in the game. Case in point.. play a few games and watch your adc - If they win - * they carried hard if they lose - * Jungle did not gank enough * Support sucked * Mid lost there lane *insert any excuse except "My bad guys i sucked" Its always everyone else on the team , and never the adc that fails - this has given them a false sense of superiority , and as such they think they need to be able to do every role in the game - it used to be very simple _Tanks _- Meat shields they were there to get in the way, mitigate and suck up abilities so the rest of the team did not have to _Support_ - Protection/ Heals - there to aid the carry at the start, give protection and heals, and some of them more aggressive engage, mid late mitigation. _Mage _- Magic bust - There so someone cant stack ARMOR? - ( I dont play many mages) _Assassin _- AD burst - there to lower the HP quickly and escape either getting the kill or lowering them for someone else to _Marksmen _- sustained damage - there to keep pressure on the other team, by pushing objectives But the ADCs whined they could not carry because there team sucked.. first there support " took all there gold" and so Riot gave the suport gold/5 items and the meta changed to the support not killing creeps - then it was, the jungle never ganked, so ADCs got a increase in damage output, then Tank's were just too strong against sustained damage,({{item:3083}} ) to ADCs because burst based .. and as of late, they cant 100-0% someone so Crit was reworked to give them the abilities of the Assassin, with the sustained dmg of the ADC - and next will be that they are too weak aginst assassins, such as {{champion:107}} who can jump outta a bush and one shot anyone just about now a days - so they will most likely get a defense increase. {{item:3095}} - is just the current incarnation of a place where the "squeaky cog gets the oil" scenario - and while it has made champs like {{champion:202}} {{champion:21}} - God-like.. and a host of other Marksmen mean as hell - it wont get changed because if they did , the ADCs will simply resort back to screaming and kicking there feet. My sincere hope - is that champs like {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:79}} and a few other "Bruiser" champs, exploit this Item so hard that the ADCs end up being the ones that scream for its removal - has not happened yet, but its a hope -** Of course this is my my opinion -**
Rioter Comments
Goju (NA)
: Does no one else see this? Or do people even care? True Damage/ Tank
True, but Crit builds are not the ones putting up the huge numbers.. in no world is putting out over 1k, or even 700 True dmg before ignite "balanced" - {{champion:11}} is one of the foremost crazies for this. And the only counter is to hard CC him (if you have it) when it ultis, his Q makes him untargetable, and even (last i knew) bypassed the "cant dodge projectiles mid flight with Flash" thing. (last time i saw this happen was a Ivern tried to root him, he Q'd as it came at him and dodged it" - thats strong and in of itself. ) And in most of the games i have played {{item:3095}} implodes the squishies twice as much as it does tanks. - it used to be if you focused in crit, and could get the 3000 for I.E - you could blow up stuff now.. now you need 2900 for a 160% crit every 3 seconds.. with some bonus AD AND atkspeed - you dont need IE - because your ad +160% is enough to destroy tanks with equal or less gold- couple thing with a champ like Yi, or Vayne who does True dmg - and there is literately no way to tank them - you cant get HP because of Bork - if a Vayne with Bork and Razor rolls up on you even with 200 armor and 5k hp, you best run, and your not fast enough to outpace her 80% of the time.. enjoy respawn. Sorry off topic , I want you to know I **DO** see where you are coming from with the fact by switching it to true dmg they balanced it out vs squishes and tanks, but at the same time, the POINT of a tank is to hard to kill - your entire job and reason for living (if you tank right) is to get yourself between your damage and their's - by making AD's melt tanks, they took away there only reason for being tanks. At that point, might as well build mage - which seems to be what they are doing with 99% of tanks anyway.. Galio, Swain, Malphite, Alistar, Naut, Mao - your seeing more and more of them build HP/Mage, because going for mitigation is moot point once a Yi get his Bork, and a bit of crit - or Vayne starts getting enough atk speed - Currently Tanks are viable for about the first 12-15 min of a game if that - after that - unless your lucky - your a mobile vision ward. Look at the crit mitigation - 1 item {{item:3143}} - that reduces a crit by 20% -- even at 100 ad, and Stormrazor, your doing 260 dmg - 20% is 52 - meaning the tank still takes 200 dmg (before armor ofc) now add to that that every 3 seconds you can (in theory) take that.. its GG. There should be a item that grants armor/mr - and for X second nullifies true dmg on the character. - then a tank can dive Vayne, or go after that Yi again. Not saying nullify DMG, just True dmg. Or even one that gives armor and makes them nullify the first crit every 5 seconds. gives a little counter play to the Razor and crit builds - it will never happen, but its nice to dream
Rioter Comments
: >Go as four man queue >Get random >Vote for reminder >steals 5 minutes of his life muahahaha
> [{quoted}](name=Zaltirous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uURJqg6l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-26T23:44:09.334+0000) > > muahahaha 1 ) your evil 2) I would think that most people are adult enough to use the report system for what its intended use is for, by your "idea" - you could do that same thing and get "bans" by having 4 people report every PUG you run into
: Playing the tutorial barely does anything and I doubt this would actually change their behavior for the better.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uURJqg6l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-26T15:09:35.406+0000) > > Playing the tutorial barely does anything and I doubt this would actually change their behavior for the better. Maybe not after the first run, but when he has to run the tutorial before playing every game - he would have to start changing something I assume.. its passive resistance, while not severely punishing people who ignore the teamwork idea of the game - it does remind them that the team means something - that team is what will allow him not to have to play ashe though the tutorial again and again.
Rioter Comments
: Stormrazor's interaction with Jhin's 4th shot causing it to deal even less damage. Jhin's crits do 25% less damage I guess so building stormrazor was equal to being useless lmao
> [{quoted}](name=JhinCredible,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3T7NTAQL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-11T23:10:37.326+0000) > > Stormrazor's interaction with Jhin's 4th shot causing it to deal even less damage. Jhin's crits do 25% less damage I guess so building stormrazor was equal to being useless lmao Except now he has a 100% crit chance on 1st and 4th shots - the first at 135% ad and 4th at 100 - (normal crit)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Goju (NA)
: Nearly a decade Later - can we fix this now?
First - wow, in a way I am happy to know its not just me - but in a way I am saddened at the state of it .. And I agree that yes with the huge availability of tools out there now, (like that one i saw on youtube that lets you see who on the other team has a low W/L % with the champ they are playing (this is just cheating in my view) - death recap is not high on the "to do list" And yes, maybe the game is held together with string and duct-tape and McGyver skill - but I mean put some of it toward a load-out that tells you how you died - for the the love of god someone get on the True dmg (unrelated note) - I thank you all for posting and agreeing that for tanks, or support, which is what i normally play knowing how you died -(by what damage type, who was dealing X damage of what type) is actually what your supposed to do (at least i thought) to build accordingly and mitigate for your team-mates - Granted its less so now with the influx of Crit / True Dmg / %Max HP dmg, / %Max HP True dmg - since really your only hope against {{champion:161}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:11}} --(wow this list gets long fast) is hope for a bad player, or run like hell, because mitigation is no longer a factor - they are dealling 100% of whatever they want to you, (hope you got a warmogs) Still , a man can dream - and again thank you all for responding.
Rioter Comments
Baka Red (EUNE)
: Increasing the dodge timer for ARAM isn't the answer. If the person has only one account, the 15 minutes for the first dodge is bad enough. Second dodge is 30 minutes, and most people aren't going to wait for that long. Also, since some people have smurf accounts (I have no idea how large percentage of ARAM players have that), increasing dodge timer would not harm them practically at all. It would affect the non-ARAM-only-account-owners more badly than those who abuse the system by having ARAM only accounts and thus make ARAM only accounts even more 'beneficial' for their owners - not a good thing at all!
Your right - I agree fully, please forgive me , i was not thinking about the benefit that would be to people with multiple accounts and how it would dramatically fail people who simply have a life issue and dodge - I apologize
: this is the most dramatic post i've ever seen on these forums... are you serious?
I am serious - dodging has always been a issue - but your post as been most helpful as you offered some great solutions to the problem, or ideas on how to fix the issue.. I thank you for taking the time to respond. As such i have taken the time to respond to you as well. Happy ARAMing
: I know we have our RR for ARAM but I have always thought it would be nice to have a banned champs linked to your profile for ARAM. Like..at least give us 3 and maybe make it so you can purchase up to so many more, so that you can ban some champs from popping up in your random. Like you see that this one champ is free this week and you just HATE playing them. It would be nice to just swap them into your banned champs so that you wouldn't get them. It would be a low enough number that people couldn't cheese it and always get the same champ, but helpful enough that it might alleviate some of that dodging. Just a thought. As a person who doesn't dodge games, I still understand how I might really want to play a quick ARAM match, and then get stuck with a champ I really really hate playing. I might only have time for one match tonight and I don't want to waste it playing a champion I don't enjoy. If all my RR are gone it might be tempting to just close it and cut my losses. Personally, I try to trade and just save all my RR for champs I really really dislike but I know a lot of people use them really quickly. So without giving out more RR or making a single lane map where we can choose our champs, I think the banned list might be a neat addition. ^_^ Just a thought and hopefully some insight as to WHY people might be dodging. (but it is really annoying, especially when I have a champ I love to play and someone dodges and then I get one I dislike lol).
I have dodged once in a while, I admit this freely , normally due to life coming up , or the dog knocking over the water cooler, or something of that sort, I do not like doing it. But at times its a must.. and i get that some champs do kinda get the bumb end of the stick in ARAM. A few banned champs linked to a profile - say 2 to start wit the ability to buy more up to 5 would be suitable -(I think that is the free champ rotation) if say Udyr is free and you dislike him for ARAM , you slot him as a banned champ and he will not be rolled for you - ofc this would be even more abused on ARAM accounts since they can simply block the free champs and then have access to there select number - but we basically have that anyway I am just tired of going in , getting a champ setting my monasteries and summoner spells, only to have someone dodge at 3 seconds, and then getting a champ resetting monasteries and opp another doge.. ok now ive lost 3 champs i like. .and now i have Atroxx, who i re-rolled and i get Udyr.. great.. then get harassed in game because i die a fair few times, and why didnt I dodge? -
: I think the only way to solve it is that the champion is locked until it's played so there is no reason to dodge as will result in the same champion. during the match and they are less likely to afk in game with the leaver buster which is more harsh than a dodge as it effects 5 games on a timer
This would be a great idea - champion for ARAM gets locked in till you trade it and/or reroll it -and yes while people may dislike the champion, they would play it because leaver buster does seem to dole out harsher penalties.
Scuttle (NA)
: No, there's no way to get around it. It's 30minutes after the first one. Just accept that people don't always play aram for the randomness-maybe they specifically want to have fun and Udyr isn't their idea of fun so they'd rather just wait the timer.
True, but because 1 person does not like there selection of 3 champs - 4 people who want to play the game should suffer? - that does not seem exactly "right" either. Joe should not suffer cuz Bob is a douche
Kei143 (NA)
: Queue dodges in ARAM are the most severely punished ... at 10mins... I think? It's certainly not 6 mins. Just your luck there buddy.
Clarification : Forgive me, I mean 2-6 dodges - before i get to start a game, not 2-6 mins, before they get back - I get that its the longest, i really do, and sometimes life does kick you in the backside, and you have to dodge, a que or leave a game - its just the way life works - However, over the last month or so I have seen increasing numbers of dodges before a game actually starts - I do not run a ARAM or Smurf account, maybe i should - then this would get to me as much as it does -
: It's not been removed as far as I know.
Then there is a way they are getting around it - or - its no where near severe enough - I personally think if you que dodge a ARAM game, you should banned from the mode for 12 hours - if its because of "life" odds are you wont back back right away anyway - so no harm no foul.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Phelas (EUW)
: Thing is, in ARAM, if you get the likes of Renekton, Udyr, basically any melee without long range poke, a reliable gapcloser, or tons of hard cc, you don't get to play the game. I bet my mom, thats what OP is referring to when talking about "boring".
I solely play ARAM - stopped Ranked and while back too much drama.. stopped Summoner Rifts shortly after, too many people who think its ranked.. the game went from something for fun that if your not professional at every champion you pick, your a scrub who needs to uninstall. so i went to ARAM I love to get Warwick, I enjoy getting Reneckton , I play Tanky/Bruisers by nature - so neither of them phase me much , what I hate.. is Lux - i hate her, she is easy and she racks up kills in ARAMs but i de-test playing her.. I hate Yi.. yes i said it.. that Wu-ju little bastard who KS's and does nothing for the first 10 min of the game then somehow goes super and cant be killed.. i hate.. I dislike that spider woman as well, forget the name.. but at least 2 of these champions are GOOD at ARAM, but I do not enjoy playing - I would offer them up as a sacrifice to the GODS - if I could just to get them out of my rotation and away from my champions I enjoy playing win/lose or draw - but i cant -- because its too overpowered to sell champions for ip.. Yes Udyr is in there but not because he isnt a god at ARAM, its because i do not like him - Not everyone wants to be overpowered - not everyone cares - its ARAM a fun mode, (or supposed to be) -
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Goju (NA)
: No offence - but screw "quicker" ARAMs
While i agree making all champs available would be a way to counter act the ARAM accounts - you tend not to have as big a issue if you just give a few bans - Low level ARAM accounts without runes or mastery points are not going to stomp people, Since ARAM is not governed by the idea that your going to be play people of your skill level - you take a lvl 1 lux with no runes vs a lvl 30 account odds are the 30 wins. As for removing Warmogs/ Redemption, I can agree wholeheartedly - they gave 50% reduced healing, but healing doesnt really matter when they can just walk under tower with a single item like they are invincible. the new idea to give all the tanks a % HP thing so they do more damage is kinda shaky at best in my opinion. Mao was the first, now Cho with his spikes - next Malphites W will give %Hp damage for X hits, they are slowly removing tanks i think .. I see very very few tank Maokai's now, why go tank when you can go full AP and do X% Hp and trigger Thunder-lords with 1 sapling.
Show more

Goju

Level 163 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion