Bonten (NA)
: I think its cause they increased gromp and balanced it out by nerfing the numbers on the rest
> [{quoted}](name=Bonten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6zs0Ew8v,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T07:29:16.840+0000) > > I think its cause they increased gromp and balanced it out by nerfing the numbers on the rest But that's... Even more stupid? Rito? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} The issue with the blue side is that, compared to red side, blue side is basically useless, and actually many junglers just dedicate their time on cleaning red side, ganking, scuttle, and red side again. Red buff is superior than blue buff, specially on early levels, raptors and rocks, particularly the latter, give more EXP than wolves and Grump. If their answer to the red side unbalance is to nerf all camps and slightly buff grump, then congratulations! Now farming the jungle is in general useless, ya did it, Riot, you gave the laners even more pressure in their veins because camping is the actual way to get XP. Idk man, this is tiring.
Rioter Comments
: 10th anniversary is really nothing at all. Just mobile games being announce.
Bro what you going on about? They announced like, one maybe two mobile games, the rest is PC, new league content or non-videogame projects, like the animated series. Blizzard messed up because, on Blizzcon, they had the balls to waste the Diablo panel on a shitty mobile game, Riot announced a mobile game and a mobile port, but the focus was not on that, they have other projects. Btw the animated series looks pog.
Nithke (EUW)
: Who is the worst designed champion in the game ?
I find {{champion:122}} {{champion:24}} and {{champion:92}} extremely tilting to play against, HOWEVER. If we talk about badly design gameplay wise, it's hands down {{champion:350}}. Yuumi is one of those champs that sound great in theory, but terrible in execution, many times how you counter a support that can heal and has a lot of cc is by targeting them first in a fight or picking them out of position, hell, if the {{champion:16}} keeps healing the whole team while yours get chunked, what's smarter, trying to kill them first, with their heals and probably shields if Aery, or just, kill the support and then continue the fight? You can't do that with Yuumi bc 90% of the time she is untargetable, and it's why I think {{champion:78}} is incredibly underrated in this meta, she counters a lot of bad designed/overloaded champions nowadays with her W, if Yuumi tries to dash into another target, she'll be grounded and targetable for a good while, is the best option against her.
: Hammer Head Poppy
As a Poppy main, I would pay big chunks for that one. Extra if it has new voicelines, would love to hear Poppy's VA make a fake over the top Pirate accent.
TheCrazyBoy (EUNE)
: sometimes a easy champions rise difficulty to play it , exemple katarina , master yi ... , every champion is unique.. , yes garen is that kind of hero who case after targets like darius does.... , he should be viable ... , i played vs shywana top and she was beating hard my ass ,so there are enought champions to counter him , he is where it is right now and he is alright. And what ever you sayd ,about people abusing garen ... , i can play kassadin and smash gold,bronze ,silver hard , then they will ask for kassadin nerf.. , people will always complain when lossing after they feeded enemy... , now garen is in that spot ,where a kill mathers for him , extremly much as he takes item advantage and becomes faster that front line which teams need it.. And let's be honest ,everyone else who haven't played garen , just talk about him , not even played him ,to even know every one of his abilitys cooldwons , his skills what perks have... ,cause is not just about damage , what range has his ultimate and more , and i bet you have no ideea ,correct me if i am wrong... , but go ahead take garen and read his skills , then you will understand how garen works and how you have to play vs him ... There are so many champions who are op with conquer , but yeah let's complain about garne to be nerfed ... , that dosn't make any sense... , you complain about garen , when darius ,shywana ,wukong ,fiora can do this as well with conquer , and there is and urgot which extremly beats you hard on 1 vs 1. So are you going to tell me that just garen is overpowered ,just because his playerbase rate pick increased and people succed to win games with it because they have skill and them enemy feed them ,having no ideea how to play vs garen or patience to deal with him. If you tell me that a garen who takes kills no deserve to win ,if he succed to kill 2-3 guys early and then get items , then you obvious not understand what means to balance a champion , if you good and your enemy feed you , ofc you will be strong and have high win rate and win games... as you get ahead...
> [{quoted}](name=TheCrazyBoy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YwUIrPn4,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-10-16T00:02:23.108+0000) > > sometimes a easy champions rise difficulty to play it , exemple katarina , master yi ... , every champion is unique.. , yes garen is that kind of hero who case after targets like darius does.... , he should be viable ... , i played vs shywana top and she was beating hard my ass ,so there are enought champions to counter him , he is where it is right now and he is alright. > > And what ever you sayd ,about people abusing garen ... , i can play kassadin and smash gold,bronze ,silver hard , then they will ask for kassadin nerf.. , people will always complain when lossing after they feeded enemy... , now garen is in that spot ,where a kill mathers for him , extremly much as he takes item advantage and becomes faster that front line which teams need it.. > > And let's be honest ,everyone else who haven't played garen , just talk about him , not even played him ,to even know every one of his abilitys cooldwons , his skills what perks have... ,cause is not just about damage , what range has his ultimate and more , and i bet you have no ideea ,correct me if i am wrong... , but go ahead take garen and read his skills , then you will understand how garen works and how you have to play vs him ... > > There are so many champions who are op with conquer , but yeah let's complain about garne to be nerfed ... , that dosn't make any sense... , you complain about garen , when darius ,shywana ,wukong ,fiora can do this as well with conquer , and there is and urgot which extremly beats you hard on 1 vs 1. > > So are you going to tell me that just garen is overpowered ,just because his playerbase rate pick increased and people succed to win games with it because they have skill and them enemy feed them ,having no ideea how to play vs garen or patience to deal with him. > > If you tell me that a garen who takes kills no deserve to win ,if he succed to kill 2-3 guys early and then get items , then you obvious not understand what means to balance a champion , if you good and your enemy feed you , ofc you will be strong and have high win rate and win games... as you get ahead... Okay, no, bro, not my point at all. First of all, I am positive that Kat counts as an at least moderate difficulty champ, secondly, my point is not that Garen should be useless in high elo, is that he shouldn't be this strong with this pickrate. Wukong and Quinn have/had pretty high winrates but that is because one-tricks knew how to play them well, Garen, outside of low elo, needs to be like this, because if he isn't, what's the point of playing anything else, if you can just play Garen, smash the keyboard, and win? That's how you balance easy kits, by making them easy to pick, hard to master, that's what Garen has always been and how he needs to stay because his weaknesses are easy to tell, and if people in Diamond+ aren't being able to beat someone with like their 5th game on Garen even tho his weaknesses are clear, then there's a problem with the champion.
Håppy (NA)
: As usual, skin line loses focus
The skin, individually, as it's own thing, is pretty cool. However that's exactly my problem, same happened to me with the whole dark star guardians, even then there was a better way to execute their concept, like, have you guys seen how villains in Sailor Moon look? You guys could have worked more with that. I don't know, High Noon passed from a normal western to an enchanted Ghost-Rider like western to, whatever happened with Ashe right now, I wonder which next skinline is going to completely lose the focus.
TheCrazyBoy (EUNE)
: Riot don't do the mistake to nerf garen read this
Funny how the majority of people that are whining about Riot noticing their mess-up are people who are abusing Garen for some freelo. Guys, get this in your head, Garen, with today's kit, shouldn't EVER be a treat everyone can pick on Diamond+, because Garen is literally the easiest champion in the game to pick up and play. If that's what Riot wants from the champion and that's their reason for keeping their kit, then he should NEVER, EVER be as viable as he is in high elo right now, that spot should be reserved for the one-tricks or people that really know him well. Why? Because he is so EZ to both play and counter, that if he becomes dangerous in high elo, that means something in his number stats is wrong, and he is clearly unbalanced. Sucks? Yeah, sucks to suck too mate, literally either git gud at Garen as he is meant to be, a tank, or learn something that takes a slightly, even the smallest bit of hands. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: So fucking tired of riot refusing to do their jobs. Just take away the dual scaling, take away her teammates ability to proc passive, and take away her interaction with manamune. I want to play a fucking game with a clear goddamn premise. On one hand, they want you to have fun and play weird shit, remember those commericals??? Then on the other, the moment you do something deemed not meta by them, youre punished, whether its directly by them, or their game design. For fucks sake, I wanna watch some weird shit in a real pro game with something like shen and zed bot lane against a double yuumi bot lane. I WANT TO HAVE FUN AND FUCKING LAUGH.
> [{quoted}](name=vurtruvious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dAQpHw0d,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-10-14T11:06:30.937+0000) > > So fucking tired of riot refusing to do their jobs. Just take away the dual scaling, take away her teammates ability to proc passive, and take away her interaction with manamune. I want to play a fucking game with a clear goddamn premise. On one hand, they want you to have fun and play weird shit, remember those commericals??? Then on the other, the moment you do something deemed not meta by them, youre punished, whether its directly by them, or their game design. For fucks sake, I wanna watch some weird shit in a real pro game with something like shen and zed bot lane against a double yuumi bot lane. I WANT TO HAVE FUN AND FUCKING LAUGH. "Double Yuumi botlane" Holy shit what happens if the Yuumi who has a Yuumi attaches into another champion?
: Can Rto please stop making overtuned high skillcap champs/reworks only to just gut them
The issue is that Riot wants flashy, special, highskilled champs to show nowadays, with different gimmicks and such, so that they feel different. But many times they are unable to balance them because they put so much on their kit that, what is supposed to be it's counterplay, is not based on the champion itself but whoever is playing it. When {{champion:266}} had his 2 dashes for example, avoiding the weakpoint was supposed to be his weakness, but he could dash twice to hit you with it, so a good Aatrox player would actually have no weakness. P much, Riot has an issue of making OP champs and, after people master them, they notice they fucked up, and stat changes ain't enough.
Ekhasm (NA)
: What testing? KEKW
: What ships don't make any sense lore-wise?
Personally? {{champion:81}} and {{champion:99}} , idk why Riot keeps pushing this ship besides the obvious blonde anime boy meets blonde anime girl, when it's clear that Lux isn't interested on it whatsoever. Ship can work? Yeah but like, probably only in the Battle Academia AU. I would give it a try on Star Guardians but, to be fair, {{champion:99}} x {{champion:222}} is way more likely.
: > [{quoted}](name=Goopy Amethyst,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MdJaZfRi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-15T02:38:30.049+0000) > > But dude, gotta sell those KDA and Arcadia skins somehow Oh yeah, i forgot the balance team is also Riot's marketing team.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MdJaZfRi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T03:08:25.892+0000) > > Oh yeah, i forgot the balance team is also Riot's marketing team. Idk if this is sarcastic or not so I just wanna clarify: not the same team (as I am aware), but dictated by the same upperhand, they are linked, pretty much. I mean, it's not a secret Riot sometimes buffs champions when their skins come out in order to improve income, just look at Riven's prestige skin.
: Does anyone simply hate Kleptomancy at this point?
Klepto needs to be gutted for ranged champions, just how grasp is (if I don't recall bad). There's a pretty good reason why Klepto is seen mostly on ranged champions THAT go toplane, toplane is still the majority of the time a tank/meele champion place, so you can proc Klepto without much consequences (since usually the way u beat/survive a ranged champion on toplane is by taking advantage that they're squishy by going all in and hiding on bushes/playing passive and surviving the lane).
: Adc is the same way for the past 5 years sooooooooo why is it suddenly a problem because top has to deal with it?
True, but with adcs you have a support to help you, and the majority of junglers play around bot (because of objectives). It's still not quite fair, and even tho I don't play ADC i know why you guys absolutely hate this, since it makes you feel like you are at the control of your support/jungler instead of you having the control of yourself, but the issue is that toplane tends to be an island where no one comes and no one leaves until the lane is over.
: First pick top feels like a death sentence
I stopped playing toplane more and more because is the most counter-heavy lane and it honestly feels... Boring and unfair. If an adc gets a counterpick, the support can get a support that counters the adc, or that has great synergy with the adc to compensate for loses. If the midlaner gets counterpicked, the jungler can easily just, gank and help balance it. But top has nothing, most junglers (as a jungler player myself, I admit this) don't play around top because on the majority of the lane phase, all the heavy priority objectives are on bot, bot can destroy turrets faster, botside has the dragons, top only has the rift herald that many times people don't even botter doing it, and when baron is up the lane phase is already over. Top is just screwed over, particularly if you dare play a tank.
: Kaisa's build path and scaling needs to be revised.
But dude, gotta sell those KDA and Arcadia skins somehow
Moody P (NA)
: dropped all of them because they've all been horrible reworks Taric, Sejuani, Swain, Urgot.... etc
{{champion:78}} and {{champion:28}} are better post-rework, tbh
: Zed is trash in high elo
I play tanks so Zed has never been an issue to me unless he's, like, super ahead, so I am legit curious when I ask, why is he on a bad spot right now? He seems like one of those high-skill high-reward kinda champions.
: When Is vlad getting a nerf?
Vlad is op, but he "has a weak early so who cares!" Except, he doesn't, particularly in the Midlane Vlad has an extremely safe early, getting ganked by the jungler? Just use your pool and go back to the tower, the lane is so short that punishing him from being out of position is almost impossible unless you're incredibly fed and can easily towerdive him after that. But, y'know, he's popular in pro-play, so why nerf him? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Juice (EUNE)
: Sad to see Riot cave in to crybabies and nerf Garen who is already underpowered.
> [{quoted}](name=Juice,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EjAE8MFc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-14T13:12:14.894+0000) > > Sad to see Riot cave in to crybabies and nerf Garen who is already underpowered. Aren't you the guy who can't even play against people with Time Warp Tonic and think it's an "OP rune" when literally all you have to do is poke or play safe? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: "RaNgEd ChAmPs rUiN tOp LaNe!"
"Stop going {{champion:150}} top! You're abusing meele champs" -A Darius main with {{summoner:4}} and {{summoner:6}} , who'se only real weakness is kitting, and who can 1v1 almost if not all meele champs in game and win because his gameplay is extremely toxic. K then.
Rolànt (NA)
: PSA to all bot/top laners
God honestly stop complaining about "The enemy jungler keeps ganking while you don't!" When you're doing nothing but push and I literally can't go in. Also, ward the bushes, please, a little bit of map awareness is all I ask. Midlaners tend to have a little bit more of map awareness so, not touching that.
: "ugh another useless drake"
I play jungle a lot, and doing dragons early is one of my favorite traits. I've noticed that, if the dragon is ocean (my personal favorite because I play tanks) or an air (which is useful when ganking with junglers like Nunu or Vi) they simply not bother helping. It's weird how little squishies value the sustain or roam potential those two dragons give.
Juice (EUNE)
: Difference is conqueror is easy to play around, it's a PRIMARY rune (not secondary) , again don't compare secondary runes to keystones. Conqueror also requires a specific set up for it to work. And it falls off hard compared to what? 12 damage you'd get for killing 10 people? 100 hp you'd get from overgrowth? Please ... Rune is completely busted, the fact that you compare this unskilled rune to Ignite and Conqueror alone proves it.
Hate to be the one saying git gud, but is literally git gud. Corrupting potion already got a nerf a while ago, TW only is actually visibly viable till, like, 15 minutes as much into the game, after that is useless because the small healing it does is nothing anyways. You just poke, play safe, or add extra pressure by pushing too much. If it was actually busted, early weak champions would abuse it to pass the lane phase, but they notice is actually not worth and you'll be better with something like free boots.
Juice (EUNE)
: So you're saying this secondary useless rune is as important as summoner spell? I have to play around this SECONDARY rune as I would have to play against Ignite? Does this person have to play around my Bone plating and Overgrowth (which gives me 100 hp in late game) or around my Demolish? Maybe around the 12 AD i get for killing 10 people in game ? Time warp tonic + corrupting potion is exact same thing as the old red pot cheese from season 3, it gives you damage AND HP boost to secure any all in, save you from tower dives, negate ignite damage, and not to mention it gives sustain to champs who's only weakness is lack of sustain. Once they have taken 3 shots of tonic I have to go back too, since I will probably be lower HP from all the trading and them outsustaining me throughout the whole thing.
Runes affect the way you play too. You wouldn't stay trading with an Urgot that just procked his conqueror. Here is the same, the rune is always useful on early, then it falls off hard. Again, it's like ignite, unless you wanna deny a lot of healing, ignite is almost useless after early.
: OP Champion Discussion.
I agree with all besides Pant. He falls off hard in late game.
Juice (EUNE)
: Remove time-warp tonic from the game
As a {{champion:78}} main, who'se main building always includes time warp tonic because is the best way to sustain, I can assure you that the answer is a little bit easier. When you go against someone with Time Warp Tonic and corrupting potion, your job is to play safe, is like facing an enemy with ignite, the first levels you gotta be careful. I say the best agressive answer is to constantly poke, and only all-in when you know they've taken all their 3 shots out of the tonic.
: {{champion:6}} isnt a tank, he is a juggernaut
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u5Agr65c,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-14T05:20:34.242+0000) > > {{champion:6}} isnt a tank, he is a juggernaut Oh, my bad dude, I'll edit it
Rioter Comments
: 1500 true damage? i dont think so.... at max rank his ult does 450 + 0.30% of the targets missing hp. so if the target has 2500 max hp and they are missing half their hp they have 1250 -450 +375 for a total of 825 damage his ult does more damage the more missing hp the target has, there fore its better vs high hp targets that are missing a good % of hp. so if a target has 4000 hp and they are missing 50% so they have 2000 hp and he ults that is 2000-450+ 600 doing 1150 damage. so if this target has only 35% of their hp (1400hp) and garen ults them 1400- 450+ 780 doing 1230 damage
: what melee champ uses klepto ?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8iQwccZg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:59:19.526+0000) > > what melee champ uses klepto ? Illaoi
: what melee champ uses klepto ?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8iQwccZg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:59:19.526+0000) > > what melee champ uses klepto ? Illaoi
Muzen (NA)
: This Garen changes are dumb. ??????? THESE Garen changes these...THESE!!!! the audacity..
Lmao i'm a LAN visitant, sorry my english ain't perfect mate.
Rioter Comments
: We’ll spear and stopwatch are being removed and conq is being turned into something closer to old fervor so hopefully that balances Jax out.
Fucking finally on the fixing conqueror stuff, but why getting rid of stopwatch? This is a legit question btw, I thought it was an alright item?
: Is Yuumi Supposed to be in the Gutter?
Yuumi is gonna be a balance nightmare because Riot can't stop making gimmicky champions. An untargetable Poke/Healing support? Is like having a soraka you can't pin down in order to cut the enemies sustain.
: This has to be the most tilting thing yet
OOF, biggest F ever man, if that is hurting me visually I can't imagine how bad you feel
: > [{quoted}](name=Goopy Amethyst,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-04-30T23:15:58.565+0000) > > Oh yeah! I heard it was a Publicity scam by the Russian League, I mention it not bc it was unnecesary backlash (actually I want that team to either train to be at least master or, know, just don't play) but bc the situation has made a few start to mention how girls are bad at games because "this is the best they could find" (which I doubt tbh) Let me ask you a question. Why are majority of pro players guys?
> [{quoted}](name=Light Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T20:18:38.212+0000) > > Let me ask you a question. Why are majority of pro players guys? Cuz league is mostly played by guys? if you have a population of like, 70% dogs and 30% cats and only a 0.5% of that population can eat from paw shaped bowls, the majority of pets eating from paw shaped bowls will be dogs, because there's more dogs in in the total population. Is not rocket science.
: E-Grill meme too good, although most of them are canadian. Not adding anything substantial
> [{quoted}](name=wilosonmeat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-05-01T11:59:34.911+0000) > > E-Grill meme too good, although most of them are canadian. Not adding anything substantial I personally really like the meme and even joke about it with my pals a lil bit, find it kinda stupid when guys act as if the meme is 100% truth tho, which is why I low-key understand why other girls don't like it. Still roll with it when it stays in just Grill jokes, the real issue is guys getting toxic or "too friendly"
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: So you can Lie about Being Taken/Lesbian but can't lie about gender? Not attention seeking at all I understand that it's hard to hide gender in your other language But the answer is Simple , just reply to them with English lol Or don't talk in chat all
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-05-01T02:52:36.669+0000) > > So you can Lie about Being Taken/Lesbian but can't lie about gender? > > Not attention seeking at all > > I understand that it's hard to hide gender in your other language > But the answer is Simple , just reply to them with English lol > Or don't talk in chat all Mate, I don't lie about being taken, or about being a lesbian, I am gay af and I have a girlfriend who I play games with all the time, LMAO {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Also, quite of an update, I DO lie about my gender many times in the LAN servers, particularly when i'm in the forums, in which I refer to myself with male pronouns , I just don't like the idea that I low-key HAVE to in order to avoid having to deal with crows.
Dynikus (NA)
: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_champions/Skin_catalog Prior to these skins, there were 20 champions with more skins than lux, and 22 with just as many. That's almost 1/3 of the roster with as many/more skins than her. After this batch of skins, there are 7 champions with more skins than her, and 13 with just as many. Can we kill the "lux has too many skins" meme? Ezreal I agree with 100% though. Dude's at 13 skins, 3 of which were released in the last 9 months.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ph2xpjRq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-30T23:55:24.416+0000) > > https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_champions/Skin_catalog > > Prior to these skins, there were 20 champions with more skins than lux, and 22 with just as many. That's almost 1/3 of the roster with as many/more skins than her. > After this batch of skins, there are 7 champions with more skins than her, and 13 with just as many. > Can we kill the "lux has too many skins" meme? > > Ezreal I agree with 100% though. Dude's at 13 skins, 3 of which were released in the last 9 months. The issue isn't the amount per se but the time they've came out. In 4 years, Lux has gotten 4 skins, p much one per year, there's champions that have to wait 3 years to get just one (like Leona and Diana)
: I really don't know how people were surprised with Ezreal being the focus.
- Is a Shone parody - There is no edgy solitary emo wolf that is part of the main team WTH Rito
: They don't creep on you because you're a girl, they creep on you because you say you're a girl so they think you're easy. There's a difference.
> [{quoted}](name=Deliberate Inter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-30T22:50:50.889+0000) > > They don't creep on you because you're a girl, they creep on you because you say you're a girl so they think you're easy. There's a difference. I only say it when I get asked or when I'm playing with hispanic people, I guess I should have clarified that. In english is easier to keep one's gender hidden, but in hispanic servers (where I usually play) words are gendered bc of the language, so I have to either lie and use male pronouns, or deal with creeps.
: > the whole "full girl Diamond pro team" drama. Is something I legit don't understand. Those girls didn't even earn their way into Russian league, hell they aren't even challengers, but the org thought it was a good idea to throw a bunch of **low diamond** girls on a team and put them against **challengers** in a **competitive** environment. That is just total disrespect to the real pro players who can effortlessly beat the female team without trying, cause there is a massive difference between low diamond and challenger players skill wise, which is exactly what happened on stage. The outrage still would have happened if it was all low diamond males on that team, but that never would have crossed the org mind anyways. If the girls had earned their positions, no one would bat an eye.
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-30T22:44:19.035+0000) > > Those girls didn't even earn their way into Russian league, hell they aren't even challengers, but the org thought it was a good idea to throw a bunch of **low diamond** girls on a team and put them against **challengers** in a **competitive** environment. > > That is just total disrespect to the real pro players who can effortlessly beat the female team without trying, cause there is a massive difference between low diamond and challenger players skill wise, which is exactly what happened on stage. > > The outrage still would have happened if it was all low diamond males on that team, but that never would have crossed the org mind anyways. > > If the girls had earned their positions, no one would bat an eye. Oh yeah! I heard it was a Publicity scam by the Russian League, I mention it not bc it was unnecesary backlash (actually I want that team to either train to be at least master or, know, just don't play) but bc the situation has made a few start to mention how girls are bad at games because "this is the best they could find" (which I doubt tbh)
: Well... do you see guys going around saying they're guys? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QeXtnxEw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-30T22:05:17.923+0000) > > Well... do you see guys going around saying they're guys? > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Well League is played mostly by guys so is common for people to assume that as the default, no reason to say it when everyone guessed it.
Rioter Comments
Doge2020 (NA)
: I was saying it more as a generalistic look at everything, not just the art but the design of the game as a whole. I was basically taking bits of the Sekiro easy mode debate and making it fit this topic, I thought that the choice part was a good point but I stand corrected. ~~I still stand by the idea that the artist/designer has a choice, so if it actually is true that Riot as a business is deciding which champs get which skins then I think that should change~~ Gonna do this since it is clear that I am giving the wrong impression lol
It probably is, to be honest. As an artist myself, I can assure you that working again and again on the same stuff tends to be boring, i don't think many of the artists are happy with having to work on a new Lux skin every single year, but Lux is incredibly popular,her skins sell like crazy and she is super popular, a champion easy to catch up, with a fairly safe kit of abilities, but still needs some skill and can fit into almost any team comp because of her CC. Lux skins sell like hot bread, so do Ezreal's, is all marketing in the end.
: > [{quoted}](name=Goopy Amethyst,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1KU5FOE9,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-30T20:58:47.019+0000) > > I mean, Udyr could have been fit as a sort of martial arts/gym teacher Cue people complaining that the skin isn't seriously enough ( Gym Teacher Udyr) after a long wait. xd
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Fish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1KU5FOE9,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-30T21:11:02.579+0000) > > Cue people complaining that the skin isn't seriously enough ( Gym Teacher Udyr) after a long wait. xd People where expecting seriousness out of a Shonen parody? My life is sad but that's just straight up depressing...
Doge2020 (NA)
: ***
The thing is.. it wasn't the artists choice. A crew member said she fought really hard to get {{champion:163}} into the Academy au, but Riot said no. Sure, the skins take a lot of artistic effort, and being quite honest, they're pretty nice looking, but don't say that "the artist think that-" because that's not how it works. The artists are, after all, under a contract, and Riot is a business, people are right to be mad about some of this choices, like Lux, Ezreal and Katarina, because they're clearly push by Rito to make more sales.
Show more

Goopy Amethyst

Level 34 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion