: So deep terror nami was removed from the arbiter program...
The entire point to the reddit clone-job was to make the boards more self moderating via the vote up/down and thus need less oversight. Basically the old boards needed to be rebuilt and they said "Reddit is awesome ... lets do that" and hoped this would make moderation easier. So enjoy logging into boards and seeing the top 20 memes instead of any actual conversation
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qEXGluVq,comment-id=0002000100010000,timestamp=2016-07-05T20:27:37.564+0000) > > No, the players are absolutely the problem. > > Assassins are always points of contention whether or not their winrates are high or not. This is because the mere idea of an assassin is designed to hurt disorganized and weak teams in general. It preys on people who aren't good and can easily get caught out. In pro play, even when assassins have been good (Primarily season 3) you can compare the ward coverage then and now. Faker's zed was incredible BECAUSE of how he could capitalize on disorganized and frail teams. Apparently all teams were disorganized and frail then, as assassins were spammed by everyone against everyone in s3. > Right now assassins are in a bad spot but you'd never know it looking at G&B. That's because we are too busy dancing on the graves of the ones which are out of meta, and putting those who are meta in the trashcan where they belong. Assassins where never in a good spot, sure they might have been stronger, but they have never been healthy for the game, screw that entire class. >Because even if they're terrible, players hate the idea that a character can kill them almost instantly and get out. It's their job, yes, but it's frustrating. Not all jobs are worth doing, some things just cannot be made to work in a matter worth keeping, you're too busy thinking about assassins being weak you forget to ask yourself "would this game be better if we saw more assassins?", because no, it wouldn't. >You don't know the counterplay because you made the mistake way before you realized it was too late. Players will never accept the idea of assassins because they hate the idea of them period. Maybe because this game is built on mistakes and it's much easier to make a mistake against an assassin than for an assassin to make a mistake? You say "counterplay" you forget assassins have digusting kits which not only highly limit counterplay against them, but also give them an insane amount of counterplay to anything else, screw that entire class.
> [{quoted}](name=manbearswine,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qEXGluVq,comment-id=00020001000100000001,timestamp=2016-07-05T21:21:18.302+0000) > > Assassins where never in a good spot, sure they might have been stronger, but they have never been healthy for the game, screw that entire class. > Id argue assassins are as unhealthy to the game as Riot _thinks_ a true healing class is.
: Support. Can you think of any sport with bith solo and team players? that would be the best analogy for this game
Baseball. Pitcher is very much a solo player just hoping the rest of the field knows the basics of catching. The first up to swing is literally the only member of his team on the field.
: Danger ping Danger ping Danger ping. Oh you want me to go slay the other team's low bot lane that sent you packing and become a support carry. Brilliant. they'll never see it coming. I knew there was something I liked about you Vayne. Oh and be a good AD support and buy a pink and a ruby sightstone.
Solo-queue support plays support carry, always. ADC needs to be good enough to keep that tilt from happening.
Eedat (NA)
: "Noob Jungle no ganks"
Dear Top, I'm not your support. Sincerely, the Jungler.
: Dynamic Queue Statistics for 61,977 Matches
What I find fascinating is that the "patch" has been to remove large groups from the higher tiers. Basically what's being said is simply: "hey you're too good to play in a group now because the MMR bump we'd need to give you to keep it balanced breaks the system ... so you need to stop that". Basically at the highest level it it most balanced locked down to solo queue ... but at the lowest level it's fine to keep introducing groups because they can just MMR bump them to make it even. TLDR version: want solo queue? get gud.
: I think it's more on matchmaking issues and not just DQ. Though good information right there.
DQ _is_ the matchmaking model getting criticized, though.
: It did under Solo Queue. Under Dynamic Queue, it does not. MMR works under the assumption that you are either below, at, or above players at your current level. This system only works when you are playing against players at the same competitive level. Now if you are made to compete against players in a tier below you, your MMR is going to be inflated because it is easier to take wins. If you are made to compete against players in a tier above you, your MMR is going to be deflated because there's no way you can really win against them until you actually develop your skills to their level. The same thing is happening with Dynamic Queue. There are instances where players have to play against players two tiers above their level. Not one, TWO. There's no way your MMR is going to be accurate when the matching system itself is broken.
I was implying it would correct quickly if DQ is disabled.
: does it? this is under the assumption that a player is bumped up to a MMR that they don't belong in and the players that belong to the mmr are accurate representations. But, what if the skill level of that MMR changes( ex: due to many other players bumping up to that mmr as well in DQ)? You can't "correct" something that doesn't have boundaries. At the very least, the system equalizes.
by "easily" I'm not saying overnight, but I am saying in roughly a month if not faster. I'm also assuming we ONLY disable DQ which is what's causing bad MMRs to get populated. What will happen with inaccurate MMRs is, of course inaccurate matches, but they will almost immediately start trending in the proper direction. Even if you don't play regularly: other players do so their MMRs will normalize so when you hop onto your once a week game your bad MMR will adjust realistically. Basically you get an early flux which is no different that what we have now followed by gradual improvement in accuracy. It wont be instant, but it will be quickly noticeable.
: Funny thing. Their system has already screwed up the mmr of more than 20,000 players. The damage is irreversible unless they have a restore point where they can revert everyone's rating back to their pre-season 6 one.
MMR self corrects pretty easily.
: Sub 1 min wait times for me. Support main that doesn't complain about playing with or against premades.
I'm a support main who gets irritated when teamed with an ADC who has no idea how to engage and blames me for not winning lane.
Eedat (NA)
: DynamicQ =/= Champ Select
IF ($env:dynamicqueue -eq $env:champselect) {write-error "You have no idea what you're talking about" -erroraction STOP}
: Because I no long have to deal with you annoyin fcking mid mid mid mid mid mid lane @holes. "I called it first so it's now set in stone that that is my position" I'll bet everyone crying about no solo-q are the same players we all hated getting in to a lobby with.
[role selection] -ne [dynamic queue]
: i dont, the system would struggle to match only premades of 2 with premades of 3 because of role selection
To be clear, I'm talking about dynamic queue being in place but premades of 4 being banned. I don't think people would complain nearly as much about 2 soloq players getting matched with a premade of 3. It's the premade of 4 that drives 90% of the annoyance IMO. That event where you're the "odd man out". Any smaller and there are at least 2 groups ... or groups and solo players so the teamwork bar is more balanced. Plus it's infinitely easy to "fit" 3s into a game than 4s. 4s complicate things too much mathematically. Drop them and queue times will improve significantly regardless of rank. As for role selection, so what? 27 MILLION players a day. These aren't trivial numbers. Yes you divide that three ways (roles, rank, groups) but when your mix-n-match is in the millions you should still end up with buckets in the hundreds of thousands for vast majority of peopel looking for a match. Leave roles in there ... it's doing very little. Now granted at challenger tier you have a hard limit of 200 people. There I see a real problem with the system breaking down due to division vs sample size ... and that was a big part of the roundtable talk. But the disdain of DQ goes much farther down than just the top tier players. Everyone is annoyed by it. Again: i think the biggest annoyance is 4s, drop those and queues across the board will decrease as well as making the "odd man out" scenario no longer a problem.
: solo q cannot exist along with dynaq no solo player would join dynaq if there was a solo q, its not a fair game for a solo player to be matched with and against premades, however dynaq needs solo player to fill teams compositions such as 2+2+1, 3+1+1
I've heard this argument a lot, but I have a hard time accepting that it's that hard rolling people into games when riot says they host 27 million daily players. I mean it's possible ... but the pool is just SOOO massive it's hard for me to accept statements like "you have to wait hours for a game" if it's built right. More that I think about it, the more obvious to me that 4s are the problem. Just dont allow them. Other mobas have done this.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: > - less "toxicity" according to riot which is probably in game toxicity not mechanics wise toxicity Funny shit is, it isn't even because of Dynamic Queue. 1. Leaverbuster was updated to hand out harsher punishments = there go your AFKs. 2. Chat Restriction system was updated to hand out harsher and faster punishments = there goes your toxicity. 3. Role Selection was added = there goes your toxicity and trolling.
The way the round table QA went it sounded like they essentially treat the role selection as part of dynamic queue. This is how they come to the conclusion that in general it's been positive.
: How did they destroy esports? The boards were just as bad last season with ranked complaints Boosting was probably the same last season with duo queue and pay for ranks, not like professional boosters lowered there price. Queue times are only worse for the top 1% and after probably better for most since you don't have people dodging in champ select nearly as much.
they haven't destroyed it yet but it's been acknowledged: 1. Top level queues are broken to the point that LCS and Master players are now playing on private servers becuase competition isn't there. They need to do this in order to stay competitive. 2. Contracts with players make streaming these private games illegal. So the "pro players" are losing income nd not streaming. Long term this has bigger issues, too. As in it's making it harder creating fan bases because they cant say "watch me play"! That means less interest to even show-up to an LCS. How likely are you to pay to watch a game of people you've never seen before? E-Sports without internet grass-roots advertising is ... well ... has no future.
Taarki (NA)
: They didn't make boosting legal. Duoing with someone is not the same as boosting. Boosting is when someone logs onto your account and plays for you. Riot already explained this so many times.
and there in lies the rub: they are encouraging players to team as it gives them an significant edge over those who solo. May not be "encouraging boosting" ... but its certainly "discouraging individual skill".
: I now,officially have no idea why riots keeping DQ
> -Made the boards completely useless for awhile with the announcement of RIP SOLOQ may it join the heart of DFG They've been useless ever sense this ridiculous reddit format went live. When there isn't a universal hate issue only thing trending is MEMEs. Communication is basically dead.
: Solo Q you say? Do not worry.
> Give them a year or two This is the internet age, son. Only way they get that kind of time is if nothing else grabs our attention ... and that's a dangerous game.
: Riot you forgot to add the best gamemode to the rotating queue
Riot is filing solo queue next to Udyr's locket.
Rioter Comments
: And then 4 man queues end up taking 45 minutes to find a game because there aren't any solo players. Now imagine if you needed a support for you team... you'd be in queue for a week.
then find a 5th person. Or drop down to 3. There's a reason DOTA bans 4 man premades explicitly but allows less or more.
: Right now the Dynamic Queue video is at 212,527 views and 27.84% approval rating and lowering
the debate table willingness to consider dropping role selection is troubling to me. I personally find that the further down in rank you are, the more valuable roles become. One of my big bashes in the old ranked system was the champ selection fight that could almost immediately ruin a game before the load screen even hit. There's a lot of good from role selection IMO. Yeah a master rank player may not care too much because he's ... well ... damned good. But someone like me? Someone who wants to just bronze around and see how he does? Someone who just wants to see if he can hit silver again or maybe even try to hit gold? I LIKE being able to comfortably know my role upfront. No matter what happens in game at least champ selection is way better. Just separate solo from groups. It's so damned obvious.
: How can you have 3 premades on your team? Even if you were playing Hexakill that would require you to be part of one of the premades.
You queue up and end up with a 3-man premade on your side. You get mid. Guess what at least one of those players in said premade picked as a primary? Bonus points: guess who will pick their preferred mid _first_ if they get to pick ahead of you?
: > [{quoted}](name=The Soulforged,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kbeRt9AR,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-05-25T23:22:14.735+0000) > > What about vegans? I treat them the same way as vegetarians. As long as they don't bother me and try to mind my business, I don't care about theirs
> [{quoted}](name=Siegfried7b,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kbeRt9AR,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-05-25T23:23:53.767+0000) > > I treat them the same way as vegetarians. > As long as they don't bother me and try to mind my business, I don't care about theirs ... those exist? I COULD BE SITTING NEXT TO A VEGAN RIGHT NOW? We need to build a wall.
: So... how does Widowmaker's Spine Work???
Prot tip: there's no spine in the cheeks of her butt.
: Tell me about your 'most wrong' assumptions you made before stuff got released
: Azir Destroyed?
what were the changes?
: > [{quoted}](name=HEAljvLykd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0XORmAee,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2016-05-20T19:57:35.370+0000) > > You ever wonder why you've been stuck in silver/bronze for 3 seasons now? Obviously not. LOL. I don't play much ranked bruh, but if you're so salty that you're scoping me, I've already won baby. :) Do you feel me inside of you? I'm there.
> [{quoted}](name=RawrBraction,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0XORmAee,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-05-20T20:01:08.168+0000) > > Do you feel me inside of you? I'm there. Something you clearly tell your partner often.
DropFill (NA)
: Zed hasn't been nerfed YET despite QSS changes?
{{champion:64}} : Riot Balance Team
: I'm going to get downvoted to hell for this
I also think it depends on our favorite role. As a jungler, for example, you have such a high impact in every lane that it's arguably the easiest role to Carry with. I'd argue it's completly your own fault if you're anything below B1 (by silver it becomes a grey area). Now as a support who relies almost entirely on someone else ... good luck. Good f*ing luck. Even if you spot the failing lane 10 CS in ... roaming to help mid push instead will usually just get you yelled at by both lanes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grand Eleven,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=9pMBWLV2,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2016-05-10T00:41:22.106+0000) > > "he" is not always a masculine term. For many languages it doubles as a "gender neutral" term as well where terms like "it" are awkward or inappropriate. not in english though. and his lore is in english, and in english it says he is male.
um, yes in english. Or do you honestly believe phrases like "all men are created equal" were meant literally to exclude women? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns#Generic_he You're _parents_ grew up in a world where terms like "he" and "men" were gender neutral my friend. Heck I did (yeah I'm old).
: When you have no gender but everyone calls you "He"
"he" is not always a masculine term. For many languages it doubles as a "gender neutral" term as well where terms like "it" are awkward or inappropriate.
: I was wrong, naysayers were right; Current Cass is garbo (36% win rate)
For me it's always been about one thing: thematic consistency. You can tune numbers so they are "balanced", but it doesn't solve the problem of theme. In this regard Cass simply fails. The only honorable mention is her passive (really, change thier name back to "snakes don't wear boots"), but outside that what do we have? They killed the machine-gun spam (good), but replaced it with a slightly slower spam (oh ... still there) and a poison wall to keep people form getting away (wait, wut?). I'm not sure how said wall fits her theme OR role, and the way the kit functions seems to do nothing but make her feel like a slower version of herself (you can't spam as much so we gave you a tool to keep them from dashing so you can spam _longer_ to make up for it) Really though ... what IS her role? What IS her theme? We were told plenty about what she wasn't going to be (no dot mage because apparently we should be satisfied with singed), but were we ever told what she was going to be? Cass needs to be _rein-visioned_. Like Karma of Scion (ok not graphically as extreme I suppose, but skill yes it's time to start over).
: Welcome back to old old Cass. This is the result of all the bitching about Stashu's Cass that we've been hearing for ever and ever. Do you feel like heroes yet?
Except this iteration is nothing like "old old" cass.
: Shurima Story Q&A [COMPLETE]
What happened to {{champion:69}} ?
Vesarixx (NA)
: I use smartcast for everything already so I didn't even notice the change
you would have if you used range indicators. The old spell wouldn't cast on release with range indicators. Now it does. It's one of the few things I like <shrug>
: ... still WIP. [Will get a hotfix soon and changes in 6.10](https://dd.reddit.com/r/CassiopeiaMains/comments/4i2jgn/riotrepertoirs_post_about_the_possible_upcoming/). Jezuz people have some patience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7IaviW1ZQ
> [{quoted}](name=Snake on bush,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVgzJuAn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-07T22:05:26.697+0000) > > Jezuz people have some patience. > How many reworks has this been again? How many _years_ has the community on these boards beat the same drum and sent the same message only to have something entirely else tried out? I think you might be confusing "no patience" with "running out of patience".
: If this cass rework doesn't work out so well in the long run...
just give us our poison mage already. This is getting laughable
: now all we need is the avatar...{{champion:77}} skin maybe?
{{champion:77}} would become the only champion with two ultimate skins ...
: On the cancer chart, he might be on it but he sure as shit aint as high as other champions *cough*{{champion:245}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:64}} *cough*
None of those 4 are even annoying. most aoe AP selections will delete them instantly.
: URF: Expectation vs. Reality
most of these selections are minor. Guys need to think out of the box more. Lets talk true URF fun suckers ... {{champion:105}} troll pole+ zhona rotation makes for an untouchable nightmare. Watch your enemies cry. {{champion:37}} heals for days. head on dow nto bot lane and you almost hear the crack of the keyboard as the skulls hit it. {{champion:143}} Prepare for the mid mage update by spamming upwards of 6-7 plants at a time! at level 2 she can so completely shut down a lane you might as well roam somewhere else. {{champion:43}} Hidden troll pick of URF. Like some kind of AP Udyr. Shield cool down is actually shorter than duration at max level so it _stacks_. So she runs the map like a champ with tons of health and mantra'd Qs devoring minion waves and champs equally. No one seems to get this crazy lady ... they do 1 game alter. {{champion:3}} The ultimate lord of both Urf and allforone. People love AOE mages in these kinds of games, and guess who _loves_ stomping aoe mages? Oh god yes. Shaco is a welcome break form these 5.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grand Eleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=QZiVV5Iq,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2016-04-22T15:43:22.417+0000) > > This is what this generation of kids actually believes. You honestly mean to tell me, that knowing that URF was coming a month ago, isn't enough time to get your affairs in order? Fucking what?
> [{quoted}](name=Judge Arcadia,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=QZiVV5Iq,comment-id=00000000000000020000,timestamp=2016-04-22T15:48:32.733+0000) > > You honestly mean to tell me, that knowing that URF was coming a month ago, isn&#x27;t enough time to get your affairs in order? > > Fucking what? You mean to tell me, you can't fathom how someones job may be a livelihood they can't casually re-schedule? what?
: "i never surrender"
> [{quoted}](name=supa vegito,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MlNEBArj,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-04-21T12:51:25.828+0000) > > well, apparently you never carry either. 90% of the scrubs who use this phrase tend to be the biggest feeders I find those who moan about the team not surrendering at 20 to be the hardest to carry. Funny how that works out.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=That Evelynn,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=QZiVV5Iq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-04-22T10:42:02.774+0000) > > They could make modes available all week and rotate them fridays. but nope. They could, but we've known the schedule for awhile now. Shouldve worked around it.
> [{quoted}](name=Judge Arcadia,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=QZiVV5Iq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-22T10:49:15.584+0000) > > They could, but we&#x27;ve known the schedule for awhile now. Shouldve worked around it. This is what this generation of kids actually believes.
: {{champion:266}}
> [{quoted}](name=Pollyanna Wright,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=EoGiJsuq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-04-22T14:01:07.358+0000) > > {{champion:266}} You deserve an upvote for picking who i feel is the single largest thematic train-wreck in LOL.
: Victory forged in fire
Sriracha bundle incoming.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Taric’s Update Dazzles Live
I"m still disappointed the update teaser didn't result in an Frozen theme skin...
: Cass... is so... brokedededed.
As with the Stashu rework: you can't judge her success by the numbers. Hows her kit? Will she be fun once nerfed and balanced? I'm frankly concerned ... I hope I'm wrong.
Show more

Grand Eleven

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion