YaraUwU (NA)
: I cannot fucking stand when junglers get to camp top unanswered.
I think that your jungler was just tired of people flaming. Perhaps you flamed (or appeared to flame) to reinforce that? He knows that you will take the blame, and not him, if the enemy jungler is camping your lane. But he will get the blame if he tries to make a play to take advantage, stealing farm, helping bot, taking dragon...if he fails he takes blame. So he plays safe, and gets credit for helping the team to win. So effectively I think your jungler was making the other 3 players on your team happy at the expense of you, game be damned. Besides, all those posts on boards about feeding junglers...would yiou be upset if he tried what you suggest and failed? Junglers and supports cannot win the blame game, no matter what they do, and so they will both typically ignore chat very easily if it gets abused.
: What do you call a Kha'Zix jumping in a 1v5?
Zed genius (EUNE)
: How do junglers do it?
> Mid procceeded to run it down **because he was yasuo** Solution?
darkdill (NA)
: Despite winning, this match showcases just how useless armor has become
True armour on {{summoner:21}} ? That way it still keeps flashy plays.
: I really hope if there is a next Ashe comic
: Vayne's tumble buff actually made it out of PBE into the game
Sounds like a plot to buff yasuo...justified by vayne's strength on the rift.
Glîtchy (NA)
: There should be rules against holding people hostage in a game
They probably feed every other game and so see it as normal, and are wondering why you would even want to surrender. _This is what league is like. We die a lot sometimes. If you don't like league, why queue up?_ Something like that. Would you surrender one of your average games?
koshkyra (NA)
: 95% of the things wrong with the game right now are just symptoms of the insane damage.
: It’s funny because adc could be fixed with so much ease. It would just aoe a few smallish things. 1. Make tabis great again 2. Bring back the relic shield shield quest 3. Let them build steriks again 4. Buff bloodthirster shield 5. Make fleet footwork good again 6. Gut mobility 7. Increase mr and armor on shards 8. Make ga armor and mr again 9. Require a champion hit their kit to get kills 10. Let qss cleanse again 11.nerf ignite 12. Makes true damage rare again 13. Reduce flat pen 14. Make lategame worth it. 15. Reduce the free damage. I could keep going but I think this gets my point across. Even doing 2-3 of these things would make adc even bearable now. And the funny thing is NONE OF THEM are direct adc buffs.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=89VvoPe7,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-29T22:38:12.687+0000) > > It’s funny because adc could be fixed with so much ease. It would just aoe a few smallish things. > 1. Make tabis great again > 2. Bring back the relic shield shield quest > 3. Let them build steriks again > 4. Buff bloodthirster shield > 5. Make fleet footwork good again > _**6. Gut mobility**_ > 7. Increase mr and armor on shards > 8. Make ga armor and mr again > 9. Require a champion hit their kit to get kills > 10. Let qss cleanse again > 11.nerf ignite > 12. Makes true damage rare again > 13. Reduce flat pen > 14. Make lategame worth it. > 15. Reduce the free damage. > > > I could keep going but I think this gets my point across. Even doing 2-3 of these things would make adc even bearable now. And the funny thing is NONE OF THEM are direct adc buffs. {{champion:157}}
: ADCs are only bad because everything fucking blows you up!
Hotarµ (NA)
: I think that as long as you're reasonable about it, this is a totally valid point. It's better to secure a kill (and actually secure it, not the whole KS meme) rather than them escaping with single/double digit HPs. I'll try my hardest to lock and enemy down for my ADC when I play Nami or Thresh, but if I think you won't make it in time I'm going to finish the kill. ######need that gold to help buy me an infinity edge anyway
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TM4OazUR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-24T05:05:46.010+0000) > > I think that as long as you're reasonable about it, this is a totally valid point. It's better to secure a kill (and actually secure it, not the whole KS meme) rather than them escaping with single/double digit HPs. > > I'll try my hardest to lock and enemy down for my ADC when I play Nami or Thresh, but if I think you won't make it in time I'm going to finish the kill. > ######need that gold to help buy me an infinity edge anyway Pfff I've never gotten mad at my sup for ks. Unless they die to ks. Then I get really mad. I would prefer the kill gets away then my sup be on respawn timer.
MAHEALEY (NA)
: thanks i will get him to do that. i suggested it may have been a hardware issue
> [{quoted}](name=MAHEALEY,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=YUJxdZjE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-19T05:51:11.432+0000) > > thanks i will get him to do that. i suggested it may have been a hardware issue Can also help to simply install the lastest driver version. Go to the manufacturer's website of ur video card and wifi card and download.
MAHEALEY (NA)
: League is freezing
Contact riot support about this. They will help you.
Shonjl (NA)
: Warnings do nothing at all. Just that someone reported you and it just is giving you a heads up that its not cool. It will take a lot of warnings before punish actually happens (Never listen to the threads here about people getting permabanned fast, it takes 3 bans(x days, 2 weeks, perma) to perma and your very first ban is next to impossible to get if you are an average alright player) Just listen to what it said and try not to do it again. It sounds like they probably used negative attitude on you since afk report ive never heard of giving you a warning. If this is the only time you ever did it, just ignore it. If this is a reoccuring thing, just think twice about it since the automated system is merciless, its hard to get in trouble for a good player, but if you are already going downhill, it will drop you quick.
> [{quoted}](name=Shonjl,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ydojIRuV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-02-14T09:10:16.295+0000) > > Warnings do nothing at all. Just that someone reported you and it just is giving you a heads up that its not cool. > > It will take a lot of warnings before punish actually happens (Never listen to the threads here about people getting permabanned fast, it takes 3 bans(x days, 2 weeks, perma) to perma and your very first ban is next to impossible to get if you are an average alright player) > > Just listen to what it said and try not to do it again. It sounds like they probably used negative attitude on you since afk report ive never heard of giving you a warning. If this is the only time you ever did it, just ignore it. If this is a reoccuring thing, just think twice about it since the automated system is merciless, its hard to get in trouble for a good player, but if you are already going downhill, it will drop you quick. No. There is only one warning for leavebuster. The next warning is five 5 minute LPQs. After that, five 20 minutes LPQs. I've seen someone claim on boards that it is possible to end up with five 90 minute LPQs, but have never experienced this myself. It's possible to avoid lagging in enough games to be able to lag out of a game without getting leavebuster right away, but it is not possible to drop back down to the warning, or to a lower punishment tier once you improve your behaviour. Essentially, once someone has been leave busted, a single bad patch from riot games will send them back into the toilet. My advice is to stop leaving games now since it will only take 2 or 3 games out of dozens of games to go back on LPQ once you hit that first punishment tier. Also, if you suspect you've lagged out long enough to have been leavebusted, and the enemy flames you, just quit the game. Even if you manage to carry the team, you will lose lp because of being leavebusted, all to boost some people who are taking you for granted and still have to wait for 5x20 = 100 minutes. Also, it's much harder to keep cool when one is lagging, so it's just better to quit the game at that point rather than boost some people taking you for granted. In summary: 1. Never leave games unless you lag out 2. If you lag out, continue to play, unless your team has a very poor attitude, since there is no incentive to play the game anymore. Leavebuster treats all lags equally. You can't carry a team that is blaming instead of focusing.
: XD my whole point here is that i should get muted, I understand my views are not popular. I am very aggressive when i feel like other are being agressive thats just how my brain seems to work.
> [{quoted}](name=Adromalec,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oasjaEjE,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-28T18:48:23.333+0000) > > XD my whole point here is that i should get muted, I understand my views are not popular. I am very aggressive when i feel like other are being agressive thats just how my brain seems to work. That's just called having no self control, and could get you in a lot more trouble in real life than in a game. Self control is like any skill: use it or lose it.
: This isn't a sport despite what they want you to believe, games are not sports. -.- Your right I don't care about the game I care about entertainment and we can all agree entertainment is it's best when it engage's a person and when they either love it when it goes well or hate it when it goes badly, those people are the lifeblood of any game. And as i said if you can stand on your pedestal and say "I have never been negatively impacted by LoL" the reason i say THAT is because everyone does if they like the game and play it. "Passive agressive" and "Arguing" you sound like you want the sensitivity of people on the internet to be the same as in real life and the agression as well, surprise its a game on the internet with people who have played it for a long time with all kinds of backgrounds, on-top of that the game is naturally VERY tilting because of how it WORKS. And AGAIN when on earth did a game become IRL? this isn't bribing this is a case of I am a "Valued" customer because I have purchased a fair amount on here. They should be responsable and REALIZE that they are for all intents and purposes TAKEING my money without hardly any care at all. YOU wana talk real life? as a company they have every right to turn me away but in so doing they earn a reputation, a reputation of intolerance. Now if you have a company and a person comes to you and says "why did you kick me out" and they say well cuz you have blond hair and most people with blond hair are aggressive toxic trash so we decided to ban all blond people from our company. while not a PERFECT analogy it is VERY similar.
> [{quoted}](name=Adromalec,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oasjaEjE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-28T17:04:06.325+0000) > > This isn't a sport despite what they want you to believe, games are not sports. -.- > > Your right I don't care about the game I care about entertainment and we can all agree entertainment is it's best when it engage's a person and when they either love it when it goes well or hate it when it goes badly, those people are the lifeblood of any game. And as i said if you can stand on your pedestal and say "I have never been negatively impacted by LoL" the reason i say THAT is because everyone does if they like the game and play it. > > "Passive agressive" and "Arguing" you sound like you want the sensitivity of people on the internet to be the same as in real life and the agression as well, surprise its a game on the internet with people who have played it for a long time with all kinds of backgrounds, on-top of that the game is naturally VERY tilting because of how it WORKS. > > And AGAIN when on earth did a game become IRL? this isn't bribing this is a case of I am a "Valued" customer because I have purchased a fair amount on here. They should be responsable and REALIZE that they are for all intents and purposes TAKEING my money without hardly any care at all. > > YOU wana talk real life? as a company they have every right to turn me away but in so doing they earn a reputation, a reputation of intolerance. Now if you have a company and a person comes to you and says "why did you kick me out" and they say well cuz you have blond hair and most people with blond hair are aggressive toxic trash so we decided to ban all blond people from our company. while not a PERFECT analogy it is VERY similar. Just stop flaming man. I respect that you want to vent on boards, but you come off as very aggressive and closed minded, not the kind of person anyone wants to _listen_ to in chat. If you want to be listened to, you gotta reform. Whatever you choose to do, it's your gain or loss.
: W.T.F riot ?? Fix your game already :@@
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0111/37/1526352604295.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=SociaI Justice,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Eg6uzVE5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-07T02:14:32.874+0000) > > https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0111/37/1526352604295.jpg Someone without epic reflexes :)
: Hi buddy, thanks for the bump! Have a wonderful weekend. {{summoner:13}}
> [{quoted}](name=v0 geekay 0v,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r4VAyEVR,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-10-06T20:09:40.487+0000) > > Hi buddy, thanks for the bump! Have a wonderful weekend. {{summoner:13}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I Want To Have a Discussion.
Says it wants to have a discussion. Talks to itself for days. Heh
Dessem (EUW)
: I feel like I'm getting too old for League.
You may be right: The group with the fastest reflexes of humanity are 18 year old males. Period. LCS is full of males near that age. I don't know if there has been that many female LCS players, or even that many males over the age of 25. Which is why I would support creating LCS divisions based on which reflex category people fall into, by sex and age group. There are plenty of studies that could be used to inform how to make this work. We might get to watch games that involve high level strategy without as much "instant" deletion too, albeit that deletion might not seem as instant to the 18 year old males.
: Lasthit the pentakill.
> [{quoted}](name=NekoniClaws,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GlLXoe2J,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-22T14:13:10.339+0000) > > Lasthit the pentakill. sweet revenge :)
: Can someone please help..... can’t play...
There is a setting that I asked for, in the client, that causes the client to close during each game. This is often enough to get the framerate up on older machines.
Rioter Comments
Laura ß (NA)
: This game's community sucks
If terrible teams are the problem, then b5 should be the hardest league to rise out of. Yet the worst players at league of legends carry themselves out of bronze V all the time. Case dismissed.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rhinoface,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rwAAbifA,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T18:40:56.789+0000) > > ??? Yasuo's normal tornado isn't bigger than the hitbox. The hitbox is the size of his tornado. His tornado being smaller in the Odyssey skin with the same hitbox is a problem. Do you even know how to write or read? YOU called Odyssey Yasuo's tornados bigger and you suddenly swapped to talking about Classic Yasuo? I'm done bye.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rwAAbifA,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T18:44:14.286+0000) > > Do you even know how to write or read? YOU called Odyssey Yasuo's tornados bigger and you suddenly swapped to talking about Classic Yasuo? I'm done bye. No, I clearly read that the hitbox was bigger than the tornado... >It's one thing to flame for no reason, quite another to repeat until it becomes spam > -Anonymous, 2013
Contessa (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreatWhiteNorth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W5Juhyrx,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2018-09-12T07:27:24.202+0000) > > That seems more insulting to the men who play league than the women to me. Either way (and yes, both) it's sexist. oh my.. how is it sexist to coincidentally run into more women in a game than men in a game where ppl are randomly queued?
> [{quoted}](name=Contessa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W5Juhyrx,comment-id=0000000000020000,timestamp=2018-09-12T08:13:31.978+0000) > > oh my.. how is it sexist to coincidentally run into more women in a game than men in a game where ppl are randomly queued? I've added the context of the post to help with people not following the conversation. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Contessa (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xxx6Wizard9xxx,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W5Juhyrx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-11T15:37:54.207+0000) > > Kinda suprised that none of the local virgins havent commented here. Hey lads! She is girl: YEP, the mysterious creature which always avoid contact with you! pretty sure I meet more females on league than men. 2018 and this game still has ppl who judge ppl for being women
> [{quoted}](name=xxx6Wizard9xxx,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W5Juhyrx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-11T15:37:54.207+0000) > > Kinda suprised that none of the local virgins havent commented here. Hey lads! She is girl: YEP, the mysterious creature which always avoid contact with you! Contessa replying to xxx6Wizard9xxx > [{quoted}](name=Contessa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W5Juhyrx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-12T06:33:32.432+0000) > > pretty sure I meet more females on league than men. 2018 and this game still has ppl who judge ppl for being women That seems more insulting to the men who play league than the women to me. Either way (and yes, both) it's sexist. *Context added for clarity*
Jo0o (NA)
: I know you were just clarifying. I dunno, this entire thread has me on edge. We're spending way too much time justifying shitty behavior based on corner cases. In 99.9% of games, the support player should not be intentionally interfering with the wave during the laning phase.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FAbeXK0I,comment-id=0000000100010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-11T00:46:30.001+0000) > > I know you were just clarifying. > > I dunno, this entire thread has me on edge. We're spending way too much time justifying shitty behavior based on corner cases. In 99.9% of games, the support player should not be intentionally interfering with the wave during the laning phase. The problem with that, is that in 98% of games, the support is not deliberately taking farm. Therefore we are in fact talking about the corner case, _if you want to talk about when the support is deliberately taking farm_. The general idea that the support shouldn't take farm _is_ what happens 99% of the time, and so you do not have a point. Most of the time, when the support takes farm it is by accident, or do to an AUTO attack that went off while the support player was positioning their champion to zone the enemy. ADCs seeing their support accidentally take a couple farm, however, often blow up and throw the game, thinking it was owed to them. I see this in about 1/10 of my games. Supports actually csing tho? Maybe 1/50. I'm saying this as someone who mains adc, and has mained support in the past.
: everyone is weak when ccd
> [{quoted}](name=Step Sis Lux,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UGXE3vyX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T17:38:52.210+0000) > > everyone is weak when ccd Yes, but more so if they have no useable escapes {{champion:11}} and have to run right up to the enemy to to do anything at all {{champion:11}} .
QsoloPro (NA)
: Buffed Yi AGAIN?!?
yi is fun to watch And he needs buffs. He's weak when ccd.
DaBooosh (NA)
: I don't get it... I've read over the comments. I don't understand what you're saying Call me stupid whatever. Tell me what you mean Are you saying that some are smarter than others? Or are you just calling me a dog?
> [{quoted}](name=DaBooosh,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eVZ99NOA,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2018-09-09T20:27:52.583+0000) > > I don't get it... > I've read over the comments. I don't understand what you're saying > Call me stupid whatever. Tell me what you mean > Are you saying that some are smarter than others? > Or are you just calling me a dog? I'm saying that you already think you know what you know, and will not gain from a conversation where no one is listening any longer. As to who is the trainer and who is the trainee, that is irrelevant. You both are not learning, and occupy neither role. So actually, no, you are not a metaphorical dog, but like me you could aspire to be one. Because while I cannot control who benefits from my opinions, I don't care anyway. It benefits one more to learn from others than to listen to one's own words all day. Also, rereading that comment, I have no idea what the fuck I was talking about.
S0kaX (EUNE)
: "RIOT's bans are too harsh! You literally can't say anything or you get banned"
Funny, because I've sure typed a lot yet I've never had a chat restriction. Been playing since s2 too.
Xyzx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EvoN2Jtr,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-09T02:00:51.915+0000) > > I dub thee a troll You dub thee a troll because you have no actual argument. Keep blaming everyone else for everything, you won't be going very far
> [{quoted}](name=Num Num,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EvoN2Jtr,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-09T02:12:18.709+0000) > > You dub thee a troll because you have no actual argument. > > > Keep blaming everyone else for everything, you won't be going very far No because you continued to reply long after it was clear that communication was not going to happen. That's why he did that. If you want to either carry me out of bronze, or play against me so I can learn faster, be my guest :)
TNT Elf (EUW)
: Riot should create a French server (read description)
This explains why I kept seeing "EU Silvers" while I was stuck in NA Bronze V. If it were believable that is. I think you are having reinforcement bias.
: > [{quoted}](name=GreatWhiteNorth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eVZ99NOA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-08T18:53:45.864+0000) > I read lots of unconstructive flame in that log. Once you know you aren't communicating, stop ruining the game for THREE OTHER PEOPLE. > Good riddance. Good riddance from what? I'm not banned? You clearly didn't read anything at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Sauvagess,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eVZ99NOA,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-09-08T18:55:10.730+0000) > > Good riddance from what? I'm not banned? You clearly didn't read anything at all. Actually I know you are not banned. I'm happy that we are rid of your spam for ten games. When you are talking at each other, instead of to each other, you should both stop.
: Chat restricted for calmly and collectively assessing a trolling teammate.
I read lots of unconstructive flame in that log. Once you know you aren't communicating, stop ruining the game for THREE OTHER PEOPLE. Good riddance. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Gaarashatan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-09-08T12:52:33.565+0000) > > if you think you deserve something for whatever reason that isnt your hands doing actual work. then just shut the fuck up > > thats the end result > > should i be rich or poor cause im white? should i be better or not than you cause im a man? who fucking cares. it doesnt matter to me. i take no pride in any of it. the only thing i care about is being content with my life. > > and yes, i am a white male who grew up in a trailer park, surrounded by sex and drugs. should i be handed things cause my life was hard and didnt have as many opportunities as said person? lol fuck no. thats fucking life. some people were born worse off than me. theyre dying of starvation in other countries, but hey. at least you got your moral upstanding on whats right and wrong like some kind of human god. > > this whole debacle was a waste of human effort in my eyes, no matter which side is right or wrong. it didnt matter in the slightest to the worlds real problems, merely drew attention from them for some kind of self centered fake justice You actually have had things handed to you your whole life, without knowing it. Some branches of both the right and left would be more than happy to take them away. Most roads are either public, or subsidized with public money, but built by private companies, whether through a bidding process or a public private partnership. Private companies will generally only touch major roads where there is almost a guarantee of a profit if a government doesn't back them. The ability to move goods and people around the country for cheap that results from all this is a massive subsidy to the economy, but results in many times the economic activity of the original investment. You have encountered many people educated in public schools, or who had their post secondary education subsidized with public dollars. This increases the number of people with skills that businesses want or take for granted, lowering wages, which either results in reduced costs for businesses and better competition in the global market. China would not be able to take as many jobs away from western countries if they were not making sure their population had a high school level education, because training costs money. This also results in lower taxes, percentage wise, regardless of the flavor of government you elect. This is because people with more education generally earn more money, and so it is possible to tax an educated population a lower percentage of their income to deliver the same level of services. Even if you missed out on that education yourself, every time you buy something or pay for a service, the resulting lower price you pay is a benefit from that investment. Some government programs end up paying for themselves, more or less, and some do not. If the government cuts one that does, it will result in higher taxes or greater debt in the future. If the government starts one that doesn't it will also result in higher taxes. None of this substitutes for your own hard work.
zPOOPz (NA)
: damn it all, I'm still working on my 1st
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zdO484Ij,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-07T19:05:57.508+0000) > > damn it all, I'm still working on my 1st Same
: > [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T06:34:18.829+0000) > > You’re actually vile if you think a voluntary safe space is equivalent to a systematic, nation wide segregation that kept black people down rather than safe spaces aimed to elevate minorities to not feel excluded. > > The fucking difference is that blacks were seen as subhuman and possess the inability to function in a white society, hence the “seperate but equal”. The aim here is to make minorities feel safe and heard. > > Fucking christ. Guess what, we've also seen systematic silencing of people for disagreeing viewpoints. Oh, wait, that's not segregation and reinforcement of an echo chamber. And here's the OTHER problem with safe spaces. It doesn't teach ANYONE to be inclusive. It teaches the minorities that they need protected. It teaches the majorities that no matter what they do they're evil. And this is ALL from a vocal minority trying to gain favor by virtue signaling how they're champions for minorities when they're doing nothing but harm to everyone and are too prideful to see it. Just like you're too prideful to understand why safe spaces are no better than segregation.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=000a000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T06:53:37.768+0000) > > Guess what, we've also seen systematic silencing of people for disagreeing viewpoints. > > Oh, wait, that's not segregation and reinforcement of an echo chamber. > > And here's the OTHER problem with safe spaces. It doesn't teach ANYONE to be inclusive. It teaches the minorities that they need protected. It teaches the majorities that no matter what they do they're evil. And this is ALL from a vocal minority trying to gain favor by virtue signaling how they're champions for minorities when they're doing nothing but harm to everyone and are too prideful to see it. > > Just like you're too prideful to understand why safe spaces are no better than segregation. I'm not so sure about this. I think that safe spaces should exist; the question is more about _how_ they are done. Fraternities and sororities are examples of "safe" spaces that can go very wrong, or go right. The issue around safe spaces is that it feeds into a culture where no one talks to anyone who doesn't look like them, which can cause all sorts of speculation about just how horrible the other group is. People are already shutting themselves into like minded groups on the internet; truly open society is what needs a safe space now. It would be good to have a room, in every institution, where _people_ just talk to each other. Loneliness is a problem in many western societies, and segregation can only exacerbate it. Nothing is more lonely than everyone agreeing with you, but no one listening to you when you happen to have an original thought.
Ouroboro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreatWhiteNorth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-08T06:46:20.560+0000) > > Not at all. On boards people read opposing views, and have genuine conversations with each other. There is no algorithm reinforcing your own point of view here. Are we talking about the same Boards
> [{quoted}](name=Ouroboro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-08T08:17:29.155+0000) > > Are we talking about the same Boards Explain?
: The lack of communication with Riot is a major part of the reason why the community is so toxic
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:03:58.704+0000) > > They don't see the hypocrisy they spew out their face. Much like Boards. You lot are two sides of the same coin.
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-08T02:20:53.484+0000) > > Much like Boards. > > You lot are two sides of the same coin. Not at all. On boards people read opposing views, and have genuine conversations with each other. There is no algorithm reinforcing your own point of view here.
: JP refuses to give English support NA rep said post here for help!
I'm pretty sure that the USA has the most relaxed speech laws in the world, and Canada is definitely in the top ten. These are the two areas Riot supports with NA, and the way they choose to handle toxicity is based on the cultures found here. In Japan, and other eastern countries, social harmony is highly valued, and this can come at the expense of free speech. So essentially you behaved in a way that might be forgiven in your own culture; I can't say about Japan. Good luck though.
Baidest (NA)
: Toxicity that brought me to tears.
Dude you have to blank out the summoner names, or it's against the rules of boards. The forums are not a place for public shaming, and I don't believe it's necessary to the conversation you want to have.
: logic is a social construct
> [{quoted}](name=Dorans Pants,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VNiEFLjt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-07T14:42:07.374+0000) > > logic is a social construct That happens to be older than any extant human society, but has many competing similar forms. It has proven useful over tens of thousands of years for resolving disputes, and improving the situation of humanity. Most times, it is ignored in the interest of protecting egos and generating conflict. Logic mostly runs into trouble because of imperfect definitions used to begin arguments, or when things are taken out of context, not because of logic itself. I actually enjoy reading about alternative forms of logic, some of which contradict each other, depending on the type of logic you are using. There is a form called _observational logic_ or _quantum logic_ which is based on what the universe does at the quantum scale instead of the macroscopic scale, and might interest you if you actually care about your own statement.
EkyonKun (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gVnUPgUa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-06T16:29:45.982+0000) > > Just because they didn't make a public Gaddafi video of him doesn't mean he wasnt punished. I know at my job we don't get on the PA and announce to all the customers when someone was written up. I can't imagine why Riot would be different It's mostly me assuming since he's still going at it. I mean, I imagine if you were punished yesterday for doing something. You *probably* aren't going to do it again the VERY next day.
> [{quoted}](name=EkyonKun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gVnUPgUa,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-06T16:31:33.871+0000) > > It's mostly me assuming since he's still going at it. I mean, I imagine if you were punished yesterday for doing something. You *probably* aren't going to do it again the VERY next day. Actually for someone recently fired, that may be all they have left. Punishments that are extreme enough can drive people into the arms of like minded people.
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:01:33.273+0000) > > Actually, it does. Every time a post gets a comment, it gets bumped to the top of the "recent" page. That's more than enough to keep it being seen. > > And trust me on this, if the majority of the posts on the issue are coming from the exact same user, those posts get a lot less respect. Riot isn't going to pay more attention to your posts because there are multiple of them, they will actually pay less attention because all of those posts come from you, the exact same person. > > "That's just what they want you to think" > > is a piss poor excuse for an argument. so is the fact that you only have to post once the squeaky wheel gets the oil i think the majority of the community agrees with me given the upvotes
> [{quoted}](name=Lesbian 4 Vayne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:18:17.141+0000) > > so is the fact that you only have to post once > > the squeaky wheel gets the oil > > i think the majority of the community agrees with me given the upvotes I believe that the vast majority only click on posts they already agree with. Which is kinda sad.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DearPear,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=00080000000300000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T05:17:13.053+0000) > > Don't even try to defend Jessica Price. She's more known for being agressive and hatefull than anything else. Gender and sexism have nothing to do with what happened. She fucking posted a public thread and agressed the dude for answering, just because of his gender. Is she really someone you wish to defend? To the death. Gender and sexism have _everything_ to do with what happened. Concerts are public, but that's not an invitation to get up on stage after the first song and immediately open up with, "Allow me to disagree *slightly*". He wasn't asking a question. He was trying to correct her and directly contradict her _professional opinion_.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZUjPIiN,comment-id=000800000003000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T13:47:32.809+0000) > > To the death. Gender and sexism have _everything_ to do with what happened. Concerts are public, but that's not an invitation to get up on stage after the first song and immediately open up with, "Allow me to disagree *slightly*". He wasn't asking a question. He was trying to correct her and directly contradict her _professional opinion_. red I can understand that, where she in a field that genuinely receives a lot of harassment. Climate science is a good example; there are more "corrections" than a single person can deal with in a day. But this is a single event on this particular day, and whether fair or not, could have been handled in a better way.
: Their excuse is that it's because women/minority face oppression that's systematic. Of course the logical problem with this is obvious, which is that they're changing vocabulary and definitions not out of an honest need to actually expand language but to justify inherent double standards in their argumentation. Such as why they can use gendered insults towards men but men can't do the same to them. Going by the character of these people that's been demonstrated time and time again I'm under the impression that if things were changed around to their liking wherein Women have greater representation in leadership roles and numerous industries over men this convenient double standard would suddenly disappear and they'd just create a new one. I have a feeling that in such a world dropping a C-bomb on a woman would still be sexist in their eyes even though by their current definition it absolutely wouldn't be in that scenario. I have a hard time believing that a faction that's renown for being offended and calling people misogynists, racists, and homophobes would suddenly stop that if they had greater representation is what I'm saying. So if I were to be a white supremacist and I had seething racially motivated hatred for black people would that suddenly not be racism if they happened to one day be the majority and have greater representation in society? The simple answer is of course not, because this logic is ridiculous and it simply does not hold up to basic scrutiny. This is why corporations in California need to stop capitulating to this crowd. Because for all their rhetoric against fighting racism and sexism they categorically fail at it because they flat out defend it under the guise of poorly made hypocritical arguments. Imagine someone who is a black supremacist for example that have a genuine racially motivated hatred for white men. It doesn't help to reaffirm that they're not racist and that they can't be no matter whatever disgusting things they believe in. Isn't something like that the definition of "Toxic"? Because instead of focusing on genuine ideas and beliefs they focus on words. They don't care that man that has a festering hatred for an entire group of people and they'll contribute to that toxicity. What they care about is whether or not people say something that offends their subjective sensibilities in what is and isn't offensive. What else needs to be said? I'm a gay man that's been called homophobic because I've dropped an F-bomb on occasion. This is how much their argument relies on presupposition. They never even knew an actual single thing about me and yet they drew presumptions on my character based on how I chose to express myself. Unless I flat out advertise every aspect of my identity I'm automatically a "straight white male" this should say everything that needs to be said about their position and their own lack of commitment to fighting racism, sexism, and homophobia and how in-actuality they indulge in it without any repercussion. Hate speech policy is rubbish and should be changed all around the board and the people who currently define hate speech are virtually the last people who should be doing so.
> [{quoted}](name=TheFoxWolf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VNiEFLjt,comment- id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-07T07:12:32.515+0000) > > Their excuse is that it's because women/minority face oppression that's systematic. Of course the logical problem with this is obvious, which is that they're changing vocabulary and definitions not out of an honest need to actually expand language but to justify inherent double standards in their argumentation. Such as why they can use gendered insults towards men but men can't do the same to them. Going by the character of these people that's been demonstrated time and time again I'm under the impression that if things were changed around to their liking wherein Women have greater representation in leadership roles and numerous industries over men this convenient double standard would suddenly disappear and they'd just create a new one. I have a feeling that in such a world dropping a C-bomb on a woman would still be sexist in their eyes even though by their current definition it absolutely wouldn't be in that scenario. > It's easy to go so hardline if all you imagine are the most extreme people in the world. I don't really find the us vs them mentality practical or useful; in the end, we must all coexist. I'm simply bringing up a logical fallacy; it shouldn't threaten a point of view that has validity. The definition that describes sexism as being systemic is actually very useful for dealing it at the systemic level, but the point is mute at the individual level, or in non male dominated organizations or societies. I'm of the view that so long as the definition has a use, people should use it. But extrapolate too far out of context, and what I posted about happens. The very idea is counterproductive, and tells people who have experienced sexism, that their experiences are not real. > I have a hard time believing that a faction that's renown for being offended and calling people misogynists, racists, and homophobes would suddenly stop that if they had greater representation is what I'm saying. So if I were to be a white supremacist and I had seething racially motivated hatred for black people would that suddenly not be racism if they happened to one day be the majority and have greater representation in society? The simple answer is of course not, because this logic is ridiculous and it simply does not hold up to basic scrutiny. > You are imagining some extremists, and assuming that they compromise the majority of a movement. What movement is hard to say; I'm hesitant to throw out any names in case they have already been used. This isn't fair, nor does it reflect reality. The vast majority of people, in any group, are not extremists. > This is why corporations in California need to stop capitulating to this crowd. Because for all their rhetoric against fighting racism and sexism they categorically fail at it because they flat out defend it under the guise of poorly made hypocritical arguments. Imagine someone who is a black supremacist for example that have a genuine racially motivated hatred for white men. It doesn't help to reaffirm that they're not racist and that they can't be no matter whatever disgusting things they believe in. Isn't something like that the definition of "Toxic"? Because instead of focusing on genuine ideas and beliefs they focus on words. They don't care that man that has a festering hatred for an entire group of people and they'll contribute to that toxicity. What they care about is whether or not people say something that offends their subjective sensibilities in what is and isn't offensive. What else needs to be said? I'm a gay man that's been called homophobic because I've dropped an F-bomb on occasion. This is how much their argument relies on presupposition. They never even knew an actual single thing about me and yet they drew presumptions on my character based on how I chose to express myself. Unless I flat out advertise every aspect of my identity I'm automatically a "straight white male" this should say everything that needs to be said about their position and their own lack of commitment to fighting racism, sexism, and homophobia and how in-actuality they indulge in it without any repercussion. > I get your point. But you are trying to apply it to a large group of people, where it does not apply. Of course, someone who spends their whole life excluding people who don't look exactly like them, from their group, deserves to be called sexist or racist. But I find the emphasis you place on this to actually take away from your argument, since it's a strawman. Easy to knock down. I don't want to say that people shouldn't have groups where they get to be with people who happen to look like them. There is a lot of gray area here, but when it become clear cut, you will know. > Hate speech policy is rubbish and should be changed all around the board and the people who currently define hate speech are virtually the last people who should be doing so. To tell you my opinion on this, I would have to get into politics now, and I believe that's against the Rules. So I'll keep my point of view to myself.
Show more

GreatWhiteNorth

Level 73 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion