: > [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y1Rzq5RQ,comment-id=00050003,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:51:03.087+0000) > > What about all the adcs that never rushed/rush ie? > > *cough* ap/onhit/lethality/lucian/ezreal builds *cough* Literally still played.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y1Rzq5RQ,comment-id=000500030000,timestamp=2018-07-22T15:49:16.541+0000) > > Literally still played. Not all of them. But I never said they were or weren't played lol.
: Top laners go from orrn to gangplank to jayce to rumble to lissandra to etc through LoL's history... ADC's for the first time in their lives have to play something that doesnt rush infinity edge and the system crumbles. This is why we can't have nice things.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y1Rzq5RQ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-22T00:27:57.160+0000) > > Top laners go from orrn to gangplank to jayce to rumble to lissandra to etc through LoL's history... > > ADC's for the first time in their lives have to play something that doesnt rush infinity edge and the system crumbles. This is why we can't have nice things. What about all the adcs that never rushed/rush ie? *cough* ap/onhit/lethality/lucian/ezreal builds *cough*
FineB8M8 (NA)
: Nasus just needs a rework
I dont think anivia is a good example to use. She just hard counters immobile melee champs. Its not just nasus. Imo nasus is fine as he is. Plus after seeing the akali rework, I'm hesitant to have my doge reworked. I don't wanna see/be a 1000 stack nasus with a 500 range spammable dash or something.
: I've noticed that most people who say ranked is trash are Silver or Bronze
: Think ABOUT IT: you were a doctor who saved more than 100 life. One day, you got a bad mood and killed a man with a gun and a bullet, yes just one bullet. so .....
I really wish people could come up with actually decent analogies rather than just equating 20-ish lines of bad language and insults to murder and felonies. Like does that make sense? I don't mind if you disagree with me, just do so with a little logic please.
Kei143 (NA)
: Did you know that asking / threatening for reports is considered toxic as well? Though its severity is classified as minor, it still builds up and counts towards your punishment.
Riot has stated several times that that is not the case. At least the asking part. I suppose threatening is reportable in any situation, but asking is not.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w73pgdZX,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-11T18:35:06.049+0000) > > The problem is that one toxic game is enough to to get punished, so even though I was honorable in multiple thousands of games and have never been punished before, I lose it all from a single mistake. > > Be honorable in 99% of your games and you can get honor 5, but that 1% toxicity is enough to get you punished. > > And in my case the percent is even more skewed. "I havent committed a crime once in my life, so on my 75th birthday i should be allowed to rob a bank"
If you really want to criminalize people for 30 ish minutes of slightly bad behavior, then by all means go ahead. I, on the other hand, don't think your comparison is even remotely applicable to the situation. A better one would be saying its okay to let someone off for driving 5 mph over the speed limit on their first offense.
Ifneth (NA)
: They were posted by another user in this thread.
No they weren't. I just posted my chat logs about an hour ago.
Kei143 (NA)
: You won't get punished for this game alone. There HAS to be some history building up to this level. You can ask Riot support how many games you were validly reported in and they'd be able to tell you whether it was a consistent thing.
Yeah I submitted a ticket, but they haven't gotten around to it yet. And I can think of maybe one other game that could have possibly been a valid report, but it was way more tame than this chat log. Other than that I can't think of any toxic games i have had for months.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w73pgdZX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-11T08:31:10.190+0000) > > Yeah i think its a bit much to lose all honor progress from a mere chat restriction, especially on first offense. > > I could see them putting me down a level, but all the way to 1 is just silly. "Competitive play should reward positive sportsmanship just as much as they reward great play" - from the Honor/chat restriction FAQ people getting chat restrictions usually dont fall into the "good sportsmanship" category
The problem is that one toxic game is enough to to get punished, so even though I was honorable in multiple thousands of games and have never been punished before, I lose it all from a single mistake. Be honorable in 99% of your games and you can get honor 5, but that 1% toxicity is enough to get you punished. And in my case the percent is even more skewed.
Kei143 (NA)
: You can either relog from the client to see your chatlogs or you can submit a ticket to https://support.riotgames.com and ask for them.
Yeah I just got them on the client it wasn't showing up for some reason. I'll post them here, but I just wanna say to anyone reading I know I was toxic in this game, the point is that I was punished for only this one game. Not consistent toxicity, I'm not usually like this. So you guys don't have to flame me about it too lol. And in case you're wondering, this is all defensive toxicity, but it doesn't matter. Toxic is toxic. Game 1 In-Game Grokmir the bold: ? Grokmir the bold: r u guys bronze Grokmir the bold: ? Grokmir the bold: i died Grokmir the bold: when he dove you Grokmir the bold: I literally Grokmir the bold: died Grokmir the bold: right then Grokmir the bold: ur Grokmir the bold: actually bronze Grokmir the bold: so bronze Grokmir the bold: jesus Grokmir the bold: this top is heavy as lead Grokmir the bold: i know how to play any champ better than you can play ur main Grokmir the bold: my mmr must have dropped really hard to be put with ou monkeys LUL Grokmir the bold: trash Grokmir the bold: seriously though what rank r u guys Grokmir the bold: i mean rn im unranked in solo so yeah prob LUL Grokmir the bold: im gold in flex after placements Grokmir the bold: fucking lmao Grokmir the bold: what Grokmir the bold: i've ganked 3 times Grokmir the bold: hard to gank for useless laners tho Grokmir the bold: jhin ur the second worst on the team Grokmir the bold: dont know what you're talking about Grokmir the bold: no its mundo Grokmir the bold: nice lane Grokmir the bold: LOL Grokmir the bold: only d4? Grokmir the bold: fucking garbage Grokmir the bold: and you're stupid af Grokmir the bold: maybe uninstall league? Grokmir the bold: ? Post-Game Grokmir the bold: yo report mundo/jhin/lb Grokmir the bold: toxic af Grokmir the bold: ? Grokmir the bold: did you read chat? Grokmir the bold: mundo flamed me when i didnt gank Grokmir the bold: when i was dead Grokmir the bold: LOL Grokmir the bold: mundo is actually Grokmir the bold: legit retard Grokmir the bold: i only flame flamers and idiots Grokmir the bold: good Grokmir the bold: you guys all get banned then Grokmir the bold: enjoy Grokmir the bold: toxic shitters Grokmir the bold: literally flammed me all game Grokmir the bold: for no reason
Ifneth (NA)
: I read your chat logs. Justice was served. Edit: I thought I read his chat logs, but they were someone else’s. Edit 2: I still think so after reading his actual logs, which the OP has now posted.
Where did u find my chat logs tho.
Wuks (NA)
: Well, chat restrictions don't often occur after one match, unless the offense was severe (and if it were that severe, you likely would have skipped to a suspension). You could reach out to Player Support to see if they can pull your recent chat logs, and perhaps we may see an underlying trend with your behavior. And if you believe that the system may have applied the chat restriction in error, you could bring that up with Player Support as well. The moral of the story is pretty on point, though. Retaliation is no excuse for negative behavior, and you have the potential to lose just as much, if not more, than the other folks who are harassing you. Best course of action is to ignore them, report, and move on. Best of luck on the honor climb! > Accounts that show signs of **persistent negative behavior** are often first punished with chat restrictions. **Read more:** https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752984-Chat-Restrictions
Well apparently I'm a rare case then. I got my chat logs and it only shows one game on it.
: Not the amount of swearwords matter, it's the severity. I call my guys bad and awful a lot (e.g. not picking up my heal shrines but spam-ping assist) and nothing happens. EDIT: Just figured out you flamed a Bard. That was not me btw. x) Looks like you either got into a manual audit, or your "cacner" (cancer) still triggered it. I mean, you basically gave up (report reason) and flamed (report reason). Being found guilty in several ways (e.g. feeding plus flaming plus giving up) can also add up. * Please just end * im done * just ff * game is done (giving up, GRIEFING reason, pretty much guilty for that) * you are an idiot (flame) * shit, fuck, etc. (negativity) * personal insults (being mentally Bronze) You got what you deserved. In fact, it's actually pretty good you got busted. If you were Honor 5 but "suddenly" lose your cool like this, how did you even manage it? The first things a honour 5 person says is all the stuff above? Tell it to the marines, dude.
Yep just received my chat logs. Had literally nothing to do with a bard.
Jo0o (NA)
: Sucks that you went from 5 to 1, but the alternative would be to allow players to "bank" leniency. A community where honor 5 players know that they can get away with flaming folks without facing the same consequences as players at a lower honor level isn't healthy.
I understand that, but is it really fair to punish people who have been honorable enough to get to high honor levels without being punished to completely remove all of that effort from one or two toxic games? Isn't that the same reason leaver buster doesn't punish people unless they consistently leave games? I'm not saying that honor 5's should be immune, I'm just saying the punishment is too harsh in its current form.
: Not the amount of swearwords matter, it's the severity. I call my guys bad and awful a lot (e.g. not picking up my heal shrines but spam-ping assist) and nothing happens. EDIT: Just figured out you flamed a Bard. That was not me btw. x) Looks like you either got into a manual audit, or your "cacner" (cancer) still triggered it. I mean, you basically gave up (report reason) and flamed (report reason). Being found guilty in several ways (e.g. feeding plus flaming plus giving up) can also add up. * Please just end * im done * just ff * game is done (giving up, GRIEFING reason, pretty much guilty for that) * you are an idiot (flame) * shit, fuck, etc. (negativity) * personal insults (being mentally Bronze) You got what you deserved. In fact, it's actually pretty good you got busted. If you were Honor 5 but "suddenly" lose your cool like this, how did you even manage it? The first things a honour 5 person says is all the stuff above? Tell it to the marines, dude.
I don't remember flaming a bard. And there certainly wasn't a bard in the game in question. And you get honor 5 by being honorable in most of your names. Unfortunately the punishment system doesn't care about the 99% of games where I was honorable or neutral. The two systems are completely seperate and do not interact until any kind of punishment is given out.
Kei143 (NA)
: > ama * Can you post your chatlogs for reference? * Did you think that being h5 would make you immune to toxicity? * How many games do you play a week? * If you had the choice to improve one thing of the behavioral system, what would it be?
I don't think I have them. No obviously not. I just mentioned it becuase it shows I'm honorable enough to get honored a lot. Not a lot anymore. And I just think losing all honor to a chat restriction is a bit harsh.
WøOxer (EUW)
: Wait wait... LOL. U got down to lvl 1 from lvl 5 just for one chat restriction? And they wan't people to stop flaming and abusive? LOL I would be more toxic right now if I lost instantly 4 levels.
Yeah i think its a bit much to lose all honor progress from a mere chat restriction, especially on first offense. I could see them putting me down a level, but all the way to 1 is just silly.
Wuks (NA)
: Well, chat restrictions don't often occur after one match, unless the offense was severe (and if it were that severe, you likely would have skipped to a suspension). You could reach out to Player Support to see if they can pull your recent chat logs, and perhaps we may see an underlying trend with your behavior. And if you believe that the system may have applied the chat restriction in error, you could bring that up with Player Support as well. The moral of the story is pretty on point, though. Retaliation is no excuse for negative behavior, and you have the potential to lose just as much, if not more, than the other folks who are harassing you. Best course of action is to ignore them, report, and move on. Best of luck on the honor climb! > Accounts that show signs of **persistent negative behavior** are often first punished with chat restrictions. **Read more:** https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752984-Chat-Restrictions
Yeah I'll probably send in a ticket. I don't feel like I'm a toxic person, seeing as how I made it to honor 5 two seasons in a row and have never been punished before, but maybe I'm just having a bad month or something. Though I do very rarely get into toxic shit flinging contests when I get someone really really rude on my team. Really the main reason I made the thread though is I thought it was really funny that I got my first ever punishment mere hours after getting to honor 5 xd.
Rioter Comments
: The only % health true damage that exists in the game is on Fiora's vitals (passive + R) and Vayne W (technically also Garen R if you're the villain, but that's %missing). If neither is picked, there is no %health true damage being dealt. The vast majority of true damage in the game is being dealt by Marksmen that build IE, and top laners that take the Conqueror rune. The conqueror rune converts 20% of damage dealt to true damage, lasting for 3 seconds (melee champions refresh it) after being in combat for 4 seconds. If you disengage off of a conqueror champion, or keep trades with them below 4 seconds, they won't get much damage out of it. Infinity Edge gives 15% of crit damage as true damage now, because its previous iteration that increased crit damage was busted, because it turned crit marksmen into assassins, except they always had their damage up and couldn't miss it since it wasn't reliant on abilities. There's also red smite, which acts like a mini-exhaust and causes AAs to apply a small true damage dot, but you need to be an AA focused jungler to really get the most out of it.
Technically with conqueror, any form of percent health damage can be percent health true damage. Idk if there are any champs that can abuse that, but its there.
: 20 bans doesn't seem like a bad idea right now
What we need is 10 bans per player and anytime there is a duplicate ban and if there is a main of that champion in the game, they have a 10% chance per ban of their champ to be permabanned on the spot. 100% will fix the meta, the game, and the resports.
: Why does every player copy off the meta?
Well if you're building banner now they should only be impressed.
Shylien (NA)
: "We wanted to lower the early/mid game impact of the jungle"
They need to make scuttle evolve as the game goes on. Start it out as old scuttle then with every death it and its rewards get beefed up until it becomes an actual objective. They could even beef up its rewards mid/late if they want to then.
: Just ignore it. Riot won’t punish any of them because they were in a premade and riot doesn’t want to “hurt” teams queing. Same reason they won’t let us have pure solo que.
> [{quoted}](name=Paintchip,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MNpZNITm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-06T10:19:12.141+0000) > > Just ignore it. Riot won’t punish any of them because they were in a premade and riot doesn’t want to “hurt” teams queing. Same reason they won’t let us have pure solo que. I can confirm that being premade doesn't stop riot from banning you.
SyraKen (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nVQnuAMk,comment-id=000100030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-04T18:30:56.628+0000) > > You have it backwards. It's one of the most basic concepts in statistics that with increased sample size actually comes **decreased** chance of error, **increased** reliability, and **increased** internal and external validity. Again, spoofed, duped, manipulated. Survey 1 million people if they would rather have chocolate or vanilla ice cream. 40% say chocolate, 60% say vanilla. Then you can say that more people like vanilla then chocolate. What we dont know is A) How many of these people had a chocolate allergy, B) How many of these people recently had chocolate and wanted vanilla now C) How many of these people live in an area where chocolate isn't normally served and simply isn't an option D) How many of these are from "We only eat Vanilla" fan clubs. Etc. If you have Biased Information From a Biased Population (millions of troll reports) you get Biased Data which leads to Faulty Statistical Information. _ THAT_ is Statistics 101, **For Your Information**. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=SyraKen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nVQnuAMk,comment-id=0001000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-04T18:38:41.987+0000) > > Again, spoofed, duped, manipulated. Survey 1 million people if they would rather have chocolate or vanilla ice cream. 40% say chocolate, 60% say vanilla. Then you can say that more people like vanilla then chocolate. What we dont know is A) How many of these people had a chocolate allergy, B) How many of these people recently had chocolate and wanted vanilla now C) How many of these people live in an area where chocolate isn't normally served and simply isn't an option D) How many of these are from "We only eat Vanilla" fan clubs. Etc. > > If you have Biased Information From a Biased Population (millions of troll reports) you get Biased Data which leads to Faulty Statistical Information. _ THAT_ is Statistics 101, **For Your Information**. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Tbf the way you asked your ice cream question implies personal preference at the time it was asked, so all of your points aren't even relevant to your own analogy. And point A and D aren't relevant regardless. Bias is something that needs to be dealt with, but only relevant bias that actually affects the outcome of your data that you care about in a negative way.
Xäyąh (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fa2QcK3d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-30T17:09:22.317+0000) > > That is literally EVERY ongoing game developer ever. I don’t find most other games to be as volatile. Some people on the boards are legitimately convinced the balance team does nothing and need their jobs ruined. Sure it happens, but right now it’s especially bad for Riot compared to the past.
> [{quoted}](name=Xäyąh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fa2QcK3d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-30T18:13:21.175+0000) > > I don’t find most other games to be as volatile. Some people on the boards are legitimately convinced the balance team does nothing and need their jobs ruined. Sure it happens, but right now it’s especially bad for Riot compared to the past. Well there have been other developers that got death threats for balance changes. Idk if riot also gets death threats, but I haven't heard of any.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0jInUfW,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-04-21T22:45:24.111+0000) > > They are nerfing infinite waveclear. There's so much mana being thrown around that mages with good, safe waveclear can effectively stall out games for free without having to ever back. > > Its the exact same problem we had back during the glory days of athene's grail. It's funny though, a large amount of the community complain about games ending to quickly and snowballing is a massive problem in the game right now. So what do they do? They nerf mage's waveclear which makes stalling even harder and the game will become even more snowbally.
> [{quoted}](name=Dark Nephthys,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0jInUfW,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-04-22T06:39:35.880+0000) > > It's funny though, a large amount of the community complain about games ending to quickly and snowballing is a massive problem in the game right now. So what do they do? They nerf mage's waveclear which makes stalling even harder and the game will become even more snowbally. Well the thing is, waveclear isn't enough to combat snowballing and extend games atm in solo queue. It can work if the losing team has a lot of waveclear, but most solo queue comps aren't made to do that. However, something that a lot of people overlook is that these nerfs don't even affect stalling at all when you're at your inhib towers, until the enemy gets baron, which is supposed to counter waveclear comps anyways. Its trivial to clear a wave and go back for mana and make it back in time for the next wave. What I'm trying to say is that the mana nerfs will likely not affect game time or snowballing at all. It'll just prevent the mage from perma clearing at their outer towers. If you wanna lengthen games, you have to slow down scaling and objective taking, not non interactively avoid losing.
: How many right clicks are being thrown around?
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0jInUfW,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-04-22T01:17:03.865+0000) > > How many right clicks are being thrown around? I assume you're making a comment on adc waveclear. That's not relevant in any way to mage waveclear or balance, but yeah shiv's waveclear should be lowered. Shiv probably shouldn't crit. And honestly, the zeal items should all just be unique so adc's can't just mix and match whatever they want to cover all of their weaknesses. And at least adc's have to get relatively close to the wave to clear it, opening them up to being engaged upon and throwing the game. But just because same adc's also have balance issues, doesn't mean some mages don't as well.
: If they want to nerf waveclear why not just cap certain abilities' damage to minions like they (essentially) do in jungle. The changes riot has on the PBE server will just help mages that can waveclear in one or two abilities like Ekko or Taliyah but put other mages in the dumpster. Why are they nerfing waveclear so much though? Was it ever a big problem?
> [{quoted}](name=Crispy0Snake,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0jInUfW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-21T21:15:22.719+0000) > > If they want to nerf waveclear why not just cap certain abilities' damage to minions like they (essentially) do in jungle. These changes will just help mages that can waveclear in one or two abilities like Ekko or Taliyah but put other mages in the dumpster. > > Why are they nerfing waveclear so much though? Was it ever a big problem? They are nerfing infinite waveclear. There's so much mana being thrown around that mages with good, safe waveclear can effectively stall out games for free without having to ever back. Its the exact same problem we had back during the glory days of athene's grail.
: Guess what champion I am
Anatera (NA)
: If Riot wants us to stop complaining and be nicer to them
They can't just do whatever players want. There's literally millions of players across the world who play league and they all have WILDLY differing opinions on balance and game changes. And even if you don't like a change, that doesn't make it a bad change. Even if there are dozens of people complaining on the boards about a change, that still doesn't make it a bad one. I'd love it if they just straight up deleted lulu from the game, but that doesn't mean they should actually do it. And there's not a single change that riot has made that SOME PLAYERS did not agree with. So which players should they listen to? The ones in favor of the change or the ones against it? They can't please everyone.
Luralin (NA)
: Why are Warframe players so nice
Its cuz warframe isn't a competitive game. Its almost entirely pve.
: Remember when everyone was screaming for buffs and riot replied that they wont change her until her winrate stabilizes? Turns out we dont need that buff. This is why kneejerk reactions and balance do not work well together.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4nAyMhq1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-16T01:57:07.788+0000) > > Remember when everyone was screaming for buffs and riot replied that they wont change her until her winrate stabilizes? > > Turns out we dont need that buff. This is why kneejerk reactions and balance do not work well together. She definitely needed a buff from release, but Riot went way overboard with the buffs. She would've been fine if they cut the buffs in half.
: It looks like ADCs in pro play are opting to not finish boots until after 2 or 3 items
The only zeal item that might actually be an issue ms wise is PD. Even on the fastest adc's shiv and rapidfire TOGETHER only give around 32 ms. Which is a good bit less for a whole lot more gold than you'd get from boots. The reason people don't like to rush boots is just because they aren't impactful items, not because they get more ms from other items. The adc with zeal/ie is gonna beat the adc with boots/ie in damage. The boots adc will be faster, but who cares if you can't compete with the damage.
Grunt666 (NA)
: How riot can easily impliment a change to improve the experience players have in ranked play
People don't actually get the same reward for wins or losses. If someone is good enough to consistently win games, they will earn more lp for wins/ lose less lp for losses than someone who loses most of their games. Its becuase of the hidden mmr system. The higher your mmr, the better players you vs and the better lp gains/losses are for you.
: My dream comp, what's yours?
{{champion:119}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:119}}
Lovesick (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Grokmir the bold,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-04-01T22:12:59.894+0000) > > 1. Your list numbering triggers me. > > 2. One fed player can carry a team thats that is relatively even with their opponents. And one fed player should NEVER be able to 1v5. Because that implies the rest of your team is worse than their counterparts on the other team. Your team should NOT be able to win that. Its a team game, not a pve bot match. > > 3. Your second point is valid, but Cho is an outlier. He does not necessarily represent the rest of the tank cast. And tanks cannot just tank or else they will be useless. They have to have some way of being a threat or else they will be ignored and unviable. This means they need some mix of cc/damage/mobility to function. However they should not be able to compete damage wise with damage oriented classes. Cough cough cho. > > 4. Any champion is viable until you get to really high elos. The only thing holding you back is a lack of experience or skill with the champion. This point does stand for competitive, but that's just the nature of competitive. With a champ pool as large as league has, some champions are simply going to be at least slightly better than others. And pro players will take every advantage they can get to win the game. Not to mention some champions are simply not designed to fit into most teams' macro plans. > > 5. Yes the community can be toxic. But it is objectively better than it used to be and I don't think bashing progress for not being completed is a very healthy thing to do. Especially when you aren't giving any suggestions. > > And I'm sorry, but ranked, by its very nature, IS a constant competition. That is the whole point of that game mode and many people find that competition fun. If you want to play purely for 'casual' fun you will have to go to normals. Yeah, but when normal games effectively turn into ranked games due to how competitive this game is it really gets monotonous.
> [{quoted}](name=Lovesick,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=00090004,timestamp=2018-04-03T11:46:32.255+0000) > > Yeah, but when normal games effectively turn into ranked games due to how competitive this game is it really gets monotonous. Well that's an entirely different issue, but its a real one nonetheless. Its a very difficult problem to solve though since there's a lot of different reasons why people play normals over ranked. I think a big part of it though is ranked anxiety, which I suppose Riot might be able to find a way to make ranked less stressful, but I have no clue what that might be. Another issue is that different people have different ideas about what they consider to be "not trying" or "casual" gameplay. Its not technically an issue when people play normals solo a lot to allow the mmr system to match them with people at thier ranks, but it becomes a problem when people rarely play norms and get put with people multiple leagues below them or when they play with low elo friends and have thier group mmr brought low as a result. Riot could make it so people of different ranks can't play with each other in normals either but then it might as well just be ranked. Not to mention its a bad idea to completely seperate people from playing together based on skill. In short, I'm not qualified to solve this problem. xd
: "I main 'X' and RIOT killed them!!!1!"
I mained wight and Riot killed him! And don't even try to tell me they just VGU'd him. Gromp looks and feels nothing like him!
Eedat (NA)
: I'm confused. What is causing people to lose games again?
Pretty sure their losses are caused by their nexus exploding.
: Well then I have no respect for you. You know what you typed, and you know your intent behind why you typed it. Don't act like you didn't, that's pathetic. Then again looking at your argument, acting like that suits you. Way to be an ass btw, and I AM referring directly to you. ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Herald Est Mors,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pa5c3We8,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-03T05:14:04.680+0000) > > Well then I have no respect for you. You know what you typed, and you know your intent behind why you typed it. Don't act like you didn't, that's pathetic. Then again looking at your argument, acting like that suits you. Way to be an ass btw, and I AM referring directly to you. ;) You can conjure up whatever intentions you want about what I write, I do not care. Its not my desire to force the willingly blind to see. You can be rude all you want.
: Whoa, "No need for name calling. That doesn't help your argument." Man you said that, then proceeded to refer to me as a toxic asshole. I bet you didn't even think about it when you did that. My point is, that was natural to you, and I'm not offended. I don't want to kick you off the boards because you said that, at this point we are at a simple disagreement and life is full of them. If this was in a game and we were arguing like this, do you think either of us deserve a chat ban or to be reported? I, personally, do not. I may have gotten carried away when I was ranting, but my point still stands that banning players for doing what is natural doesn't seem right to me. You referencing the rest of the community, is a little broad, as from what I have seen a lot of the community, I cant say a majority because I am not sure, does not agree with the current system, whether it be because its a robot, or because its unfair. Because you went in depth to make an argument, I respect you and your opinion, but I don't agree with it. I will always believe that toxicity is just people venting, and if people don't want to listen, they can mute, or even block a player. But for that player to lose access to everything they have played for over words, I feel is wrong. Words are words, and I honestly don't believe that you should be punished for talking in a game. (I do however agree with blatant hate speech, a close friend of mine committed suicide because of abuse from people who aggressively came at them for their race and sexuality) Through that, words on a screen should not affect somebody, ESPECIALLY words in a game where the main objective is to kill and prove your superiority over others. I do thank you for presenting another side to me thou : )
> [{quoted}](name=Herald Est Mors,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pa5c3We8,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-03T04:45:07.767+0000) > > Whoa, "No need for name calling. That doesn't help your argument." Man you said that, then proceeded to refer to me as a toxic asshole. I bet you didn't even think about it when you did that. My point is, that was natural to you, and I'm not offended. I don't want to kick you off the boards because you said that, at this point we are at a simple disagreement and life is full of them. If this was in a game and we were arguing like this, do you think either of us deserve a chat ban or to be reported? I, personally, do not. I may have gotten carried away when I was ranting, but my point still stands that banning players for doing what is natural doesn't seem right to me. You referencing the rest of the community, is a little broad, as from what I have seen a lot of the community, I cant say a majority because I am not sure, does not agree with the current system, whether it be because its a robot, or because its unfair. Because you went in depth to make an argument, I respect you and your opinion, but I don't agree with it. I will always believe that toxicity is just people venting, and if people don't want to listen, they can mute, or even block a player. But for that player to lose access to everything they have played for over words, I feel is wrong. Words are words, and I honestly don't believe that you should be punished for talking in a game. (I do however agree with blatant hate speech, a close friend of mine committed suicide because of abuse from people who aggressively came at them for their race and sexuality) Through that, words on a screen should not affect somebody, ESPECIALLY words in a game where the main objective is to kill and prove your superiority over others. I do thank you for presenting another side to me thou : ) Unfortunately the first half of your response is rendered null when you realize that I didn't say you were a toxic asshole, I said "if you want to be a toxic asshole". There's a big difference. One is a direct insult and one (mine) is just an option for you to take if you so choose.
: I'm sorry, but if you support players getting permanently banned for being toxic you are a child. I agree with banning the accounts of people who int. That's it. You know how many times I've been called a F word or an N word in chat, and not cared. And people shouldn't care about words in chat. Being toxic is a way to relieve stress in game, and its a stressful game almost all of the time. You cannot justify a permanent ban because a player got mad at somebody who was playing sub par. If you watch any sport, when a key player messes up, the team suffers. Fans go crazy on that player who messed up. Does that player cry about it and complain online about "Oh No all these people are so mean whaaaa pls make it stop I'm so sorry waaahhhhh stop being so mean to me.....". Does the player block all those fans from his/her account on all forms of social media? Of course not, because he/she knows they messed up, he can't blame people for being mad because it was his/her fault. If you int in my game, I am going to call you an inter. Riot will tell you that is reportable because you are ruining the game experience for that player, yet that player has ruined that single game as a whole by playing poorly. There is a mute button for a reason, if you don't want to listen to a player, mute them, you can stop a player from being toxic by muting them. However, you cannot stop a player from playing like shit and ruining your game, until the very end where you report them and hope the machine sees it the same way. Verbally abusing players is a part of the game, and will always be part of the game, so banning players for that reason is honestly retarded sorry Riot but you are wrong for doing it.
> [{quoted}](name=Herald Est Mors,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pa5c3We8,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-03T02:43:35.632+0000) > > I'm sorry, but if you support players getting permanently banned for being toxic you are a child. I agree with banning the accounts of people who int. That's it. You know how many times I've been called a F word or an N word in chat, and not cared. And people shouldn't care about words in chat. Being toxic is a way to relieve stress in game, and its a stressful game almost all of the time. You cannot justify a permanent ban because a player got mad at somebody who was playing sub par. If you watch any sport, when a key player messes up, the team suffers. Fans go crazy on that player who messed up. Does that player cry about it and complain online about "Oh No all these people are so mean whaaaa pls make it stop I'm so sorry waaahhhhh stop being so mean to me.....". Does the player block all those fans from his/her account on all forms of social media? Of course not, because he/she knows they messed up, he can't blame people for being mad because it was his/her fault. If you int in my game, I am going to call you an inter. Riot will tell you that is reportable because you are ruining the game experience for that player, yet that player has ruined that single game as a whole by playing poorly. There is a mute button for a reason, if you don't want to listen to a player, mute them, you can stop a player from being toxic by muting them. However, you cannot stop a player from playing like shit and ruining your game, until the very end where you report them and hope the machine sees it the same way. Verbally abusing players is a part of the game, and will always be part of the game, so banning players for that reason is honestly retarded sorry Riot but you are wrong for doing it. 1. No need for name calling. That doesn't help your argument. 2. I also do not care what people call me in game, but I have enough empathy to understand that others can find words offensive. 3. Nobody is saying to ban someone for being mad at a bad player. Its when they become toxic and harass that player that they need to be banned. 4. Sure toxicity might relieve stress for one person, but its adding stress to up to 4 (or 9 if in all chat) other players. Doesn't sound fair to me. 5. You cannot compare solo queue league of legends to real organized sports. They are not the same. Its more like a group of 10 random people got together to play soccer and one guy starts screaming his lungs out at the random dude on his team that he has never met before just because he missed a couple shots. Do you really think ANYONE would keep playing with that one random asshole? I might agree with you if we were talking about ranked teams, but that doesn't even exist any more. 6. Finally, verbal abuse is only a part of the game as long as it is allowed to be part of the game. It is not some inherent thing like cs'ing or destroying the nexus. It can and should be rejected. If you want to be a toxic asshole, that's fine by me, but the rest of the community does not have to put up with it, nor should they have to.
: Is it better to be a Jungler or an ADC?
It generally depends on your preferences. If you have really good mechanics and laning skills, then adc is better. But if you have really good map awareness and macro knowledge, then jungle is better. Realistically, jungle is better for climbing in almost every meta since you get to freely impact whatever lanes you want to and get your whole team ahead, rather than just yourself. For example, winning a 1v1 fight does not benefit your team as much as winning a 2v1 fight/gank does, with assist gold and spreading the rewards.
: But aren't you punishing good players by making it hard to carry.Getting fed to like 15/0 and losing because your team sucks is undeserved.
> [{quoted}](name=ThunderSkelett,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=00090003,timestamp=2018-04-02T17:48:56.873+0000) > > But aren't you punishing good players by making it hard to carry.Getting fed to like 15/0 and losing because your team sucks is undeserved. If the player is good then they will climb. Winning or losing one game because of bad teammates means nothing in the long run and is just the nature of team games. If you want to win games by yourself go play 1v1 fighter games or racing games or something. And is it fair that the four players on the other team that are objectively BETTER than the ones on your team lose the game just because one, single player is more fed than them? The team with an average of better players should win the game, not the team with the best player.
: Chat bans, longer queues, queues with leavers like in hots, honor locks, ranked bans, all of those can be implemented BUT permabans are then most retarded thing this game has ever been through.
> [{quoted}](name=Nerf Irelìa,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pa5c3We8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-02T13:42:38.144+0000) > > Chat bans, longer queues, queues with leavers like in hots, honor locks, ranked bans, all of those can be implemented BUT permabans are then most retarded thing this game has ever been through. Unfortunately some people just never learn from those kinds of punishments. Some people just have to be removed from the game or else they will continue ruining the game forever. Imo if someone has more than a couple banned accounts or repeated 12 day bans, they are simply incapable of reforming on their own. At that point permabans are the only solution.
: I have to agree with herbivore here. I've been playing since Season 1 as well (off and on due to other things) and I've seen how bad the community was then to how it is now. It stands miles worse then it was back then. If one person doesn't get a gank nowadays its "gg /ff at 20", compared to "oh you were on the other side of the map getting another lane fed gj." It's damn near impossible to be a jungler when everyone wants to have them win the jungler win it for them. Also the whole ping system doesn't do jack shit other than make the game even more cancerous. Yeah sure you can mute them but what about when they have relevant information for you? I really do miss the days when I enjoyed this game and didn't contemplate whether or not I just want to up and leave it or just bury myself in the toxicity that it has become. I miss the days when i could try out AP Pantheon and not get flamed for it in a normal game.
> [{quoted}](name=Benevolent Sin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=000900010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-02T02:57:29.367+0000) > > I have to agree with herbivore here. I've been playing since Season 1 as well (off and on due to other things) and I've seen how bad the community was then to how it is now. It stands miles worse then it was back then. If one person doesn't get a gank nowadays its "gg /ff at 20", compared to "oh you were on the other side of the map getting another lane fed gj." It's damn near impossible to be a jungler when everyone wants to have them win the jungler win it for them. Also the whole ping system doesn't do jack shit other than make the game even more cancerous. Yeah sure you can mute them but what about when they have relevant information for you? I really do miss the days when I enjoyed this game and didn't contemplate whether or not I just want to up and leave it or just bury myself in the toxicity that it has become. I miss the days when i could try out AP Pantheon and not get flamed for it in a normal game. I honestly wasn't really referring to season 1. Back then the tribunal was a thing and while it had its issues, it still helped beat down on toxicity a bit. I'm more saying that league has improved significantly from the period where the tribunal was put on hold and we didn't have automated bans systems yet. And in my experience I rarely even see people doing what you describe. Its rare that someone gives up because of something that silly. I do see people wanting to ff@20, but its almost always because the whole team is behind, not just one individual. And I do weird builds and picks all the time and I never get flamed for it in normals. Hell I get flamed more often when I'm slightly offmeta rather than doing some legit weird stuff. Ex: riven jungle (before it was a thing), singed jungle, ad janna jungle, bard jungle, onhit lulu jungle rengar support, ap gnar jungle, sion adc /with ivern support, tank velkoz top, ezreal support and i wasn't flamed in any of those games. Most people don't even comment about it, let alone flame. But honestly if you don't enjoy playing the game you should really stop playing. Its not good for you to force yourself to do something you hate. You may eventually see yourself become the toxicity if you're not careful.
: I started playing season 1, it was still toxic back then. But now... the game is in just such bad state now that it multiplies the toxicity of the players x100 and it's all Riots fault, changing the game to be such a frustrating mess to deal with just obviously brings the worst out of people... because it's not fair anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Wild Herbivore,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=0009000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-02T00:47:11.582+0000) > > I started playing season 1, it was still toxic back then. > > But now... the game is in just such bad state now that it multiplies the toxicity of the players x100 > > and it's all Riots fault, changing the game to be such a frustrating mess to deal with just obviously brings the worst out of people... because it's not fair anymore. I'm gonna be 100% honest here and say maybe its the region's players fault and not the game. Or maybe its whatever branch of riot that is supposed to be policing out there. If the region has only been getting more toxic over the years while other regions are becoming less toxic, it might be a problem with that specific region.
: The community is far far far far FAR worse than it used to be. To say it's better is nothing but a terrible joke.
> [{quoted}](name=Wild Herbivore,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e1N4jBG7,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-04-02T00:25:33.291+0000) > > The community is far far far far FAR worse than it used to be. > To say it's better is nothing but a terrible joke. When did you start playing? Because it is most definitely leagues (he he) less toxic than it used to be. There was a time when we had literally nothing stopping trolls and toxic people. Keep in mind I am only referring to NA. It may be different in EUW, but from what I've heard that server has always been a toxic wasteland. In NA the difference between now and 3-4 years ago is night and day.
: This need to be said.
Banning people is a slippery slope and is dumb anyways. Now Riot could probably get better at detecting when people are inting, but you can't just ban someone for not being good at the game. They'll eventually drop ranks as long as they aren't getting continually boosted, but that's a different issue. And toxicity should always be punished. Even when its directed at bad players.
Show more

Grokmir the bold

Level 139 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion