: Unfairly Suspended for 14 Days
LoL is a competitive game with both teams trying to win. Children that play traditional sports are taught to line up across from each other and say good game. It has nothing to do with how the game went, but is to show respect for the effort the other team put forth. Trying to decide what you can and can't get away with instead of just being nice is incredibly rude to the other people involved and shows immaturity and disrespect.
: The S5 Victorious Skin
My guess is that it might be {{champion:268}} or {{champion:421}}
Nosnide (NA)
: Wukong v Voli 1v1
Voli's bite is 100% physical damage, so magic resist doesn't help with that.
: Here's an idea. **E - Get Boarded**: *Gangplank swings on a rope in a targeted direction. If he collides with a champion, he grabs that champion and swings back to his starting spot.* Potential to be a bit of a troll if it can be used on teammates, but it fits with the pirate theme, gives everyone's favorite stat (mobility), and can potentially let him earn that "Support" secondary role.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aYEwJ3Fp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-06-08T12:59:27.253+0000) > > Here's an idea. > > **E - Get Boarded**: *Gangplank swings on a rope in a targeted direction. If he collides with a champion, he grabs that champion and swings back to his starting spot.* > > Potential to be a bit of a troll if it can be used on teammates, but it fits with the pirate theme, gives everyone's favorite stat (mobility), and can potentially let him earn that "Support" secondary role. lolz
: People complain about literally every aspect of a champion and their kit when they are just released. You randomly guessing that he "prolly" isn't as powerful in some categories as other assassins does not help.
A lot of his power comes from prediction, which also makes his moves predictable. Just my two cents, he does have some ridiculous scalings though.
Marthian (NA)
: If you ran into a good Bard player for once, you'd change that statement.
I'd agree if he hadn't been hotfix buffed.
: So yea Ashe is definitely going to get nerfed within the next few patches
I feel like she'll be left as is. Ashe doesn't have that clean up and AoE potential that Jinx has.
: I know lol. And then there are hundreds of people using the same skin, and you are like "I didn't buy it today! I have had it for years!"
I have Silver Kayle, I never see anyone else with it.
Djoc (NA)
: Will Ekko's Skin be on sale?
Most champ launches include the champ and skin in a bundle for a discounted rate, you should be fine.
CT HaZy (NA)
: this 14 day ban is bullshit
This post makes my eyes bleed.
: This would be really nice.
BRING BACK A FEATURE RITO REMOVED!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY!!!!!
: For Q, duration spells are more committed than toggle spells. Stacking crit worked as a form of self defense, in a sudden skirmish Ashe always gets the upper hand almost for free. W is much, much easier to avoid by standing behind minions now; it used to be as good as free damage. Double E charges isn't a bad idea, it's just that she lost overall power due to it's addition and more specifically the gold passive. Basically.. Most of the things that were easy to apply became hard.
I feel like she trades better now, maybe you're casting Volley a bit to much? You can now go from farming creeps to throwing a W and still getting that bonus damage from the crit on an opponent, before you were limited to waiting for the stacks to build up, and then forced not to use that crit on creeps, telegraphed plays like that are always bad for a champ. Not sure what you mean by the stacking crit, getting crit now works better on her and is much more consistent than it was before.
stuartk11 (EUW)
: Very convincing. So much here to make people change their minds. Personally, I find LeBlanc annoying. Not OP, just annoying. Mostly because there are few ways to play against her, but counterpicking is by far the most effective. Other than that, there's not much else.
It's mostly this, not much counter play makes for annoying match ups.
: Am I the only unhappy person with the Ashe rework? :(
I'm not so sure they made the skill floor any higher, perhaps you just need a couple pointers on how to use the new ashe or to look at item prioritization. I think it was a pretty lateral move, and I actually find her easier to play in most situations.
: Any other ADC's hate Karma Support?
It only bugs me when she fail pokes and gets out traded, then it's a bad pick.
: Silver 2 LF Duo to get to gold. or more.
I don't have a ton of time to play but you can add me, IGN: GuarDX Can't get on my client right now to add you. I'm also Silver 2 right now from Gold last season, did terrible in my promos but you can look in my match history, I'll play any role.
: noobie rank player looking for coaching
What champs do you play? I'm always willing to give advice if needed.
: Girls only ranked team!
I can wear a wig
: Ashe's formula for critical hit damage is 110 + (%Critical Strike Chance × (1 + Bonus Critical Strike Damage)) %AD The bonus critical damage is being added to the base critical damage then multiplied by the critical chance. A normal Champion would have the formula 200 + (Bonus Critical Strike Damage) %AD Other than Ashe, the ONLY multiplicative critical damage modifier is Yasuo's passive
Not to poke the beast, but there isn't much evidence that it isn't multiplicative all the time. If you normally do 100% bonus damage on crit, and you increase that by 50%, whether it's multiplicative or additive you still get 150% bonus damage. Either way, I do agree that the passive is not super clear and does bring up questions on interactions with other effects on crit damage.
: Critical damage is additive not multiplicative, meaning it adds 50% to the 200% instead of multiplying the 200% by 1.25. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_strike This is specifically why Infinity Edge needs to me worded better.
Except it is multiplicative on Ashe.... So.... You're wrong.
djjomon (NA)
: The examples were what confused me actually. But now that I get how the counter can exceed 100, then only drops by 100, the numbers make sense. I get it now. Not quite sure that this would be the best approach. Something about it feels off. Probably the need to balance when to land your crits vs not. I don't want every ADC feeling like old Focus Ashe or Caitlyn's Headshot. That said, it's definitely a simple and understandable approach. And I wouldn't be disappointed with it.
If they use the same system in Path of Exile, when the player stops attacking for long enough it will reset the counter to a random number 0-100. Just an idea.
Cosnirak (NA)
: My problem is I keep seeing MMR and thinking "player skill" which is not actually what MMR is. As I just said to someone else: "But that's not your fault, you read what I wrote (as opposed to my mind lol), so I apologize." Player skill isn't given a number. At best now it's given a letter with champion mastery but doesn't actually affect anything and of course is far from perfect.
I kind of see what you're saying about the difference between a player's actual skill and MMR, but the problem comes in when you try to find another system to measure skill. I think you're never going to find something perfect, which I think Rito understands so they tried to implement something as effective as possible.
Namamall (NA)
: A Solution to Crit?
This is similar to the system that is used in Path of Exile. Each time a fight starts you get a random number 0-100 and then your crit chance is added to it, if it's over 100 you crit and the number gets reduced by 100. The only RNG is your first attack, which I think is acceptable.
Cosnirak (NA)
: I'm pretty sure that's just wrong. I've often seen people say "in the long run it works out fine" on this issue but never actual proof. Just vague poorly worded lines about MMR that don't actually make sense when examined closely. Luck is a massive factor in your rank at the moment and it's largely luck in regards to the order of your wins and losses. The best players in the world regularly encounter win and loss streaks but most of them don't care because at challenger you aren't doing promos and being demoted so it doesn't matter much. Below that though loss streaks are massively punishing and win streaks give you little to nothing.
Well then what didn't make sense about what I said, and how can you explain a discrepancy between the amount of LP awarded for a win and the amount awarded for a loss? You can't argue that people supply a vague, poorly worded lines when that is exactly what you are doing. You've provided no evidence to support your claims and tossed out the argument I provided without anything to disprove it.
: fizz
I don't think he's that broken, but I do agree that his kit is toxic.
Slateer (NA)
: Forever stuck in Bronze V.
Honestly, I think you need to look at your champ builds and item buying order. It's not always obvious why you're losing a match-up until you start looking into the numbers. I haven't looked through your masteries or rune pages but I have a feeling there may be areas to improve there as well. If you want any particular advice let me know.
: > [{quoted}](name=GuardDX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QbdkhAtL,comment-id=001f0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-20T15:51:24.460+0000) > > Are you playing ranked or normals? When I play ranked I try not to pick easily countered champs unless I know who I'm up against, if it's normals it just gives you more opportunity to practice, sometimes I'll try switching up rune pages and build order to see what makes a difference. Normals I made it so silver 5 then stopped cuz I get to nervous and really need to work on my csing so I'm practicing for ranked
Gotcha, maybe try making a rune page that's slightly more defensive so you can't get 100-0, bot other than that it's all about landing the skill shots, some match-ups you just can't win and you gotta focus on getting to mid game.
: > [{quoted}](name=GuardDX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QbdkhAtL,comment-id=001f00000000,timestamp=2015-05-20T15:46:31.457+0000) > > Hmmm, I dunno, I hardly ever play her mid, but I seem to do fine, maybe you're just trying to do too much too early? Well since I usually fight assassins so I play passive but u can't really apply pressure so they just roam.
> [{quoted}](name=DanofDemacia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QbdkhAtL,comment-id=001f000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-20T15:48:03.802+0000) > > Well since I usually fight assassins so I play passive but u can't really apply pressure so they just roam. Are you playing ranked or normals? When I play ranked I try not to pick easily countered champs unless I know who I'm up against, if it's normals it just gives you more opportunity to practice, sometimes I'll try switching up rune pages and build order to see what makes a difference.
: > [{quoted}](name=GuardDX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QbdkhAtL,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2015-05-20T15:09:55.444+0000) > > CAN'T CARRY WITH LUX?!?!?!?! I carried as Lux support! > > http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1829049228/33143138?tab=overview Brah like its the same for me i can only carry with lux support but lux mid just bleh. But lux support is either get super fed or useless.
Hmmm, I dunno, I hardly ever play her mid, but I seem to do fine, maybe you're just trying to do too much too early?
: How did u decide what champion to main?
CAN'T CARRY WITH LUX?!?!?!?! I carried as Lux support! http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1829049228/33143138?tab=overview
: Aatrox jungle builds?
The enemy team was pretty bad, and AP heavy, but some of the concepts will stay the same. http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1829242619/33143138?tab=builds I try to keep my bloodwell maxed for the increased attack speed and I get W level 2.
: Ashe and crit damage question
Alright, I'm going to post again because people seem really confused on how this damage is computed, I'm going to do four examples on how the math pans out. (I'm going to use 100 base attack damage in all examples for simplicity) I'm going to start with the formula: damage = 1.0AD x (.1 + (crit chance) x (1 + IE crit damage) X (1 + Rune crit damage)) This may seem a little off because for some reason, currently, Ashe's rune and IE crit damage multiply instead of add together as they do on other champs. example 1: IE only 100 x (1.1 + (.2) x (1 + .5) x (1 +.0)) = 140 damage crit. example 2: 100% crit chance IE 100 x (1.1 + (1) x (1 + .5) x (1 +.0)) = 260 damage crit. example 3: IE with 40% crit damage runes 100 x (1.1 + (.2) x (1 + .5) x (1 +.4)) = 152 damage crit. example 4: IE, crit damage runes, 100% crit 100 x (1.1 + (1) x (1 + .5) x (1 +.4)) = 320 damage crit.
: Ashe and crit damage question
Everything I've read points to it being multiplicative, though I have not tested it personally.
Denerka (NA)
: Why are loss streaks punished and win streaks unrewarding?
The amount of LP you gain is based on your current MMR and the MMR you are placed in, for example, my current placed MMR is much below my actual MMR, so I am recieving 24-28 LP for a win and losing 12-15 for a loss. Win streaks will increase your actual MMR which should increase the amount of LP you gain and decrease the amount you lose. It's a bit of a convoluted in practice but should produce similar results for both gaining and losing rank in the long run while helping to protect players from shooting up higher than or lower than they should based on luck.
: Ah. I see. I've been using LoL Nexus before every game so I can see who the duos are and whether or not I'll have to endure more crap, and the duos have yet to hesitate to say they ARE a duo and will usually get the spots they want. Usual abuse follows unless they carry the game.
I'm not saying this for all duos, but I often duo with my cousin, he takes jungle as that seems to be an under played role and I fill. We get each others back if any flaming ensues but there have been several occasions that we were the two diffusing a situation between other people on the team. I prefer it because I know there is another level headed person on the team that isn't going to rage and they are easier to communicate with.
: Elise Bug (No pun intended)
ELISE IS AN ARACHNID NOT A BUG YOU UNCULTURED SWINE! Also, that is an odd bug, maybe I'll test it out later.
Wobly (NA)
: @Riot: Philosophy Behind Utility Mastery Changes?
Most champions will have 300+ mana with the new +75 mana. If we use a champ with 50% of their max mana, they would regen 2.25 every 5 seconds, which only increases with each level, sounds like this is a mana regen buff to me.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: I'm just tired of this "Enemy team has a higher chance to have a troll, therefore you are bad, if you have one and they don't" logic.
I could see getting tired of that, but that's not exactly what he said. What he said more loosely translates to: "Elo hell is a place you get stuck in when you're slightly better than the players you're playing against because you can't carry hard enough yet." Which I think holds some weight and isn't a total dick thing to say.
: i dont do this but i never thought about people thinking like that. maybe if i get more wards then people will want to do good fights because they will know where ppl are.
Exactly. :-) It's everyone's job to ward, but that means you should be able to use your wards offensively.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: Stop with this statistical bullshit. Yes, if you are good, enemy team has a higher chance to get a troll, an AFK or w/e. That doesn't mean you can't get such a person on your team regardless. That's not probability works, you dumb f-.
: i tend to die a lot late game i know i die a little to much early game but late game it gets bad. i know this i a huge weakness in my gameplay and i find it really hard to fix. i will think my team will help me in a good fight and sometimes they just walkaway even if it is a 4v2 ill go in and no follow up. i am woking on my 1v1 because i do sometimes get a lead and then go crazy thinking im lcs pro or something lol.
I haven't seen you play, nor do I know this as a fact, but I have seen it many times that someone goes in in a '4v2' when in reality another 2-3 members are sitting just out of vision range, while this isn't a problem if you can manage to pick one of the people off, I often see players chase too hard to get the initiate and stretch the team out, leading to a counter initiate that often leaves you losing the fight. Again, not saying this is you, but it is something to consider, many players don't want to go in if they are unsure if the numbers are truly in their favor.
: In theory it's nice but in practice you'll find that you often aren't able to just stand there autoing long enough to get 100% efficiency from your Q. W is a superior max because it gives quick burst damage/poke in addition to dealing AOE from a safe range.
I'm going to +1 on the maxing W. It gives you a good poke at the beginning of a fight and allows for wave clear and kiting. I have heard Q is better for trades but that will depend on who you're laning against.
: Get a Penta with a champion! Not with whatever Fiora is... I mean 1 gank and she's ahead and she will butt rape your whole team. Try Katarina xD she's a mechanical challenging champ If your a real pro try Akali. She's even harder
> [{quoted}](name=Sockenfreack,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=eoTNe9yd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-05-18T15:21:32.015+0000) > > Get a Penta with a champion! Not with whatever Fiora is... I mean 1 gank and she's ahead and she will butt rape your whole team. > Try Katarina xD she's a mechanical challenging champ > If your a real pro try Akali. She's even harder The sarcasm is strong with this one.
VKG Fox (NA)
: The Road to Gold (Formerly The Road to Silver)
Perfectly put, play to enjoy the game and strive to be the best you can! :-) I wish you luck and enjoy you're travels!
: > [{quoted}](name=Çerastes,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gVB4KWsE,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2015-05-18T16:39:26.790+0000) > > It's not and it doesn't exist. There are only many bad players playing this game ... sometimes you get more of them into your team, sometimes you don't. Pardon my french but you're a fucking idiot if you are trying to tell me the level of idiots/leavers/ragers/afk'ers/kiddies is the same among all tiers. Seriously, take some blood thinners because you have a blood clot in your brain that is affecting its judgement center.
> [{quoted}](name=Android Cowboy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gVB4KWsE,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2015-05-18T17:16:09.074+0000) > > Pardon my french but you're a fucking idiot if you are trying to tell me the level of idiots/leavers/ragers/afk'ers/kiddies is the same among all tiers. Seriously, take some blood thinners because you have a blood clot in your brain that is affecting its judgement center. And you're an idiot for not being able to comprehend what he was saying. He's saying it's just as likely for the enemy team to have as many "idiots/leavers/ragers/afk'ers/kiddies" as you're team. In fact, the other team should have a HIGHER chance to have those players than you're team, considering you're so good and a gift to the game.
: Also question. If you're at 0LP and bail, do you ever get deranked or can you continue to skirt undesirable queues?
I believe you still lose MMR, which means it gets harder and harder to rank up.
: My little brother says that most things don't use more than 3.2 ghz now a days so having something like an i7 is completely pointless same with overclocking outside of a few "extremes" He built a 3,000 dollar computer himself from ground up so I think I'll stick with his advice when it comes to speed and such.
> [{quoted}](name=ImHerVoice,realm=EUW,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=aI3qokxM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-05-17T22:24:14.643+0000) > > My little brother says that most things don't use more than 3.2 ghz now a days so having something like an i7 is completely pointless same with overclocking outside of a few "extremes" > > > He built a 3,000 dollar computer himself from ground up so I think I'll stick with his advice when it comes to speed and such. Of course you can build a fast computer with 3000 dollars, that doesn't make his advice any better than anyone else's.
: > [{quoted}](name=GuardDX,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EurmbLsk,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-15T18:29:38.825+0000) > > I saw it on LoL Wiki, and no one has confirmed it as false. > > http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ashe Oh I see. Thanks. It's probably a bug, though with Rito's track record I doubt it will be removed. (Just look at Azir, lol).
> [{quoted}](name=Nasreth,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EurmbLsk,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-15T18:32:22.182+0000) > > Oh I see. Thanks. > > It's probably a bug, though with Rito's track record I doubt it will be removed. (Just look at Azir, lol). Haha, true, wasn't saying it was intended or will stay, just saying it is interesting and unique compared to the other ADCs. :-)
: > [{quoted}](name=GuardDX,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EurmbLsk,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-05-15T18:08:39.069+0000) > > She does have an interesting mechanic with crit damage runes and IE though, that's really the only new change. On other champs they sum, but for some reason they multiply together on her, giving up to an extra ~19% crit damage. I haven't seen anything regarding her crit damage interacting differently as you say. Where did you find this information?
> [{quoted}](name=Nasreth,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EurmbLsk,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2015-05-15T18:17:54.966+0000) > > I haven't seen anything regarding her crit damage interacting differently as you say. Where did you find this information? I saw it on LoL Wiki, and no one has confirmed it as false. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ashe
: Build her like a normal ADC. There's no reason to build her differently because of the crit change which literally just takes the crit and averages it over all her autos. (AD)(1.1) + (AD)(Crit Chance)(1+ Crit Damage) = Ashe's Damage Seriously all this theorycrafting on new item builds is a waste of time. Standard ADC build is still the most efficient for her for the same reason that it's efficient on every other ADC. Her kit is nowhere near as confusing or unique as you people are trying to make it seem.
She does have an interesting mechanic with crit damage runes and IE though, that's really the only new change. On other champs they sum, but for some reason they multiply together on her, giving up to an extra ~19% crit damage.
Show more

GuardDX

Level 48 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion