T2K Baka (NA)
: the old animation is her dominion point capture, they were being lazy with her, they should at least give her a proper vgu update
> [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=epV7HUA3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-14T06:04:54.685+0000) > > the old animation is her dominion point capture, they were being lazy with her, they should at least give her a proper vgu update It says at lot that we'd rather have a shitty, reused animation than the current one we have, doesn't it?
Larriet (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cmE9juQ9,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-14T02:59:23.119+0000) > > That's what I assumed, but it's still an extremely terrible (and hilarious) way to word it lol. I figured it was auto-generated LOL
> [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cmE9juQ9,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T03:10:19.462+0000) > > I figured it was auto-generated LOL Hopefully, but even then... they probably should've coded that differently haha
Larriet (NA)
: The reason for this is because, unlike a chest where you get just one, you get three "chances" for a gemstone or Mythic skin permanent. It does the check three times, in other words.
> [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cmE9juQ9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-14T00:06:30.598+0000) > > The reason for this is because, unlike a chest where you get just one, you get three "chances" for a gemstone or Mythic skin permanent. It does the check three times, in other words. That's what I assumed, but it's still an extremely terrible (and hilarious) way to word it lol.
: {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cmE9juQ9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T22:31:01.776+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I went to buy a Blood Moon Capsule because I have a gambling problem and then I saw this in the item description lol.
Rioter Comments
T2K Baka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=epV7HUA3,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-12T19:15:42.001+0000) > > Yeah, and it feels like you pressed S after you use it. It also cancels queue up actions, it seems. Was the delay literally coded as a stun or something?? > > {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} Dunno, but I want the old animation back for Kat's shunpo. At least that would make her shunpo actually instant, and I like that better than this one.
> [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=epV7HUA3,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T14:10:00.774+0000) > > Dunno, but I want the old animation back for Kat's shunpo. At least that would make her shunpo actually instant, and I like that better than this one. I really like new Kat. I played all three of her iterations and I do think the current is the best by far... if you don't count how damn clunky Shunpo is. As much as I like being able to choose on which side of the target I appear, I would trade that back in the blink of an eye if it meant having the old animation back. :-(
: Yeah I noticed this too.
> [{quoted}](name=o3oMeerMeero3o,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=NrRFBYaM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-12T13:10:50.140+0000) > > Yeah I noticed this too. Apparently, there is an issue with her AA sound effects as well, which I didn't personally notice. It was reported on the Lux main subreddit with a video for proof. Basically, every other AA only makes noise when it lands, but Lux's AAs should make noise both when they "launch" (sorry, don't know what word to use) and when they land.
T2K Baka (NA)
: Katarina shunpo is not even instant lol
> [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=epV7HUA3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:30:14.912+0000) > > Katarina shunpo is not even instant lol Yeah, and it feels like you pressed S after you use it. It also cancels queue up actions, it seems. Was the delay literally coded as a stun or something?? {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
Antenora (EUW)
: Riot MapleNectar said on Twitter that they are aware of Neeko's W bug and are working on a fix.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=epV7HUA3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-12T12:28:05.858+0000) > > Riot MapleNectar said on Twitter that they are aware of Neeko's W bug and are working on a fix. Yup, I just got confirmation of this on Twitter from another Rioter. That's a relief. :)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: ??? Really? No time to react? There is time to react. You just need to get used to it. I have Zhonya'd Rengar many times. I also play Rengar and sometimes fail a kill because of Zhonyas. Put your Zhonyas in your most comfortable slot. For me, it's 2 because I always put actives at 2 and it's easier to activate it than putting it in other slots.
It really, really depends. The ult lasts long enough that you can't Zhonya's preventively, you need to use it reflexively. When Death Recap shows you died from full HP in under 0.4s, I don't think that's enough time for most people to react, especially when you factor in ping. I've been playing long enough that I am used to popping my Zhonya's, and it does work sometimes, but you more often than not are already pretty damn low from the time it took you to press down your key and the time it took the game to reflect your key press.
Rioter Comments
: Besides the mic issue, LoL behaves flawlessly for me under Mojave.
Thanks for the info! :-)
: Stay on Capitan as long as you can since LoL is pretty buggy with Mojave. League voice mic doesn't work so you can't talk and on my end, the frames are a little choppy even thought I'm running about 60 fps (anyone else have this issue?). It sucks because my dad updated computer when I wasn't home. Hopefully Riot fixes the issues soon.
I'm aware of the League Voice issue, but I don't really care about it since I almost exclusively use Discord for voice chat. I was mostly wondering about performance issues. The issue I have with staying on El Capitan is that it isn't the version right before Mojave. It's like three versions behind, so I'm missing out on a metric craptonne of features and the age of my OS is starting to show. :-( Maybe I'll upgrade to High Sierra. Were you having issues with that one?
Rioter Comments
: I really love how all the games are from 3 AM till 8 AM my time, guess i won't be getting that dumb quest done. Thanks Riot.
You can watch them later from the VOD tab. That's what I did and it worked! :-)
Derenick (NA)
: Forced myself to watch Worlds for the rewards. Didn't get it.
I don't know if this helps anyone, but I've found that some browsers (such as Safari for Mac users) will give you an error message after a few minutes of watching, saying something went wrong with the rewards. Now, if you're not actually watching the game and you have the tab completely hidden, you might not notice that message. Anyhow, you could try using another browser to watch the Worlds. :-) EDIT: I just thought about the fact that I have an ad blocker on Safari, but not on Chrome, so that might actually be the reason the first didn't work while the second did. You might wanna try turning off your ad blocker if changing browsers doesn't help! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: It should be easier for solo players to get chests
I know it's not ideal of a solution, but you might be able to find some "friends" on the Recruitment board. If people around your level of skills are going to play anyway, they probably wouldn't mind adding one more person to the party! :-)
: Look what Riot gives me when I'm almost happy for playing this game.
For future reference, if your games suddenly stop loading, don't play more normal, ranked or even AI games to see whether it's fixed. You should only mess around in custom and practice games until you manage to get things working again. You can leave both of those types of games as often as you'd like without consequences. ;-)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=00180000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:52:54.061+0000) > > My bad if my statement wasn't clear enough. I though it made sense in context, but I guess sometimes things don't work out the way they did in our heads haha. Let me elaborate. So, flamers start giving guys shit when things go wrong, right? Girls basically have to deal with the exam same shit. However, **on top of that**, they sometimes happen to encounter what I called "the wrong person", which is a misogynist in this context. Meaning that even though nothing should've triggered any flaming, she gets trolled and harassed based on the simple fact that she is a girl. This is a situation that would've resulted in zero negative comments had it not be known she was a girl, or had she been a guy. Do you get what I mean or do I still make no sense lol? And little boys that have very high pitched voices get called out instantly for being ''squeakers'' Or if you sound like an effeminate man Or if you have a thick accent Just to name a few. Why do you think you're special?
> [{quoted}](name=yaboydanny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=001800000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:58:15.752+0000) > > And little boys that have very high pitched voices get called out instantly for being ''squeakers'' > Or if you sound like an effeminate man > Or if you have a thick accent > Just to name a few. > > Why do you think you're special? Look, I've been nothing but polite. I'm not sure why you're kind of attacking me and implying I think I'm special. I firmly believe that working on fixing an issue that one part of the community faces doesn't make those faced by other groups any less valuable. I think discrimination shouldn't be a thing, regardless of what factor is used for discrimination, and I definitely would be advocating in favour of taking measures to change things for young boys being mocked and called squeakers if this was the topic at hand, for instance. I was talking about female issues because that happens to be the whole point of this thread. I don't have any hard evidence to provide to say that women face more harassment in video games than men because I don't think any official study was ever made on this. I don't have numbers, I don't have stats. I only have anecdotal evidence. That is what I'm bringing to the table, because sometimes reading about other people's experiences helps you understand where they're coming from. By the way, I totally understand the accent issue because I'm a French speaker and my accent used to be kinda bad. However, in my experience, that didn't really cancel out the gender-related harassment. It just kind of stacked up. Anyhow, this is clearly going nowhere and you're not interested in having a friendly discussion/debate, so I will withdraw myself from this. I'm not looking to argue with people online, I'm not looking to find a "winner" or the one who is "right". I just wanted to give my take on it is all. Have a good night (or whatever time it is where you live)!
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=001800000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:41:09.530+0000) > > The issue is that a situation that would've resulted in a big, fat zero negative comments for a guy will sometimes generate tons for a gal if she happens to have the wrong person in her game. So having a wrong person in your game only applies to the woman, and not to any males. You're making some very vague statements.
> [{quoted}](name=yaboydanny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0018000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:48:38.245+0000) > > So having a wrong person in your game only applies to the woman, and not to any males. You're making some very vague statements. My bad if my statement wasn't clear enough. I though it made sense in context, but I guess sometimes things don't work out the way they did in our heads haha. Let me elaborate. So, flamers start giving guys shit when things go wrong, right? Girls basically have to deal with the exact same shit. However, **on top of that**, they sometimes happen to encounter what I called "the wrong person", which is a misogynist in this context. Meaning that even though nothing should've triggered any flaming, she gets trolled and harassed based on the simple fact that she is a girl. This is a situation that would've resulted in zero negative comments had it not be known she was a girl, or had she been a guy. Do you get what I mean or do I still make no sense lol?
: > [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-09-06T05:36:03.420+0000) > > You'd be surprised how unwelcoming some communities are to women. Basically every single time I play overwatch and there's a girl in the voice chat the rest of the team starts either hitting on her or saying sexist stuff to the point that she either leaves voice chat or leaves the game completely. The one and only exception is if she's in a premade with 2+ friends, cause then the sexist idiots are outnumbered. Two of my best friends are women and they have to deal with idiots like that constantly. > You'd think voice chat would make people less toxic, but nooooope. I've heard worse things in Overwatch voice chat than in all my years playing League. That pales in comparison to the amount of things males say to other males. Period.
> [{quoted}](name=yaboydanny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:28:20.613+0000) > > That pales in comparison to the amount of things males say to other males. Period. I'd say women get the same amount of shit when things go wrong. The issue is that a situation that would've resulted in a big, fat zero negative comments for a guy will sometimes generate tons for a gal if she happens to have the wrong person in her game. Notice how Leetri talked about the idiots shutting up when they were outnumbered? I strongly believe an easy way to fix the issue is simply to voice your disapproval of sexist remarks when you read or hear them! That way, the harasser feels outnumbered without the gal needing premades. Anyhow. Just a suggestion! :-)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:34:11.778+0000) > > Lastly, I would go as far as saying that it is downright unfair and sexist to imply that women are at fault for being discriminated against if they reveal their gender. When one gender has to hide itself in order not to get hate, but the other can claim it loud without consequences, that is quite literally one of the most obvious examples of sexism I could think of. Of course, I'm not saying to go walking around with a username such as DarknessBabe or something along those lines and join every lobby claiming that you've got tits. That's just attention seeking, and nobody likes attention whores. But sometimes, for one reason or another, your gender happens to get revealed, and it should never be a big deal if it does. I mentioned earlier that I wasn't a native English speaker. I'm a French speaker. And see, most things are gendered in French and I know for a fact that things are the same in many other languages. That means that, if people happen to be gaming in another language than English, women would have to go out of their way to break their habit and write in the masculine form whenever they make a comment about themselves. That sounds a little harsh, doesn't it? Blaming women for the sexism they face online is really just another form of victim-blaming, and that is never okay. > > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Your post makes me sad. Every single guy i know that plays video games would love to be with a girl that also games. The ones that are married wish there wife liked video games. So for girls to be discouraged from playing them sux and thankfully i think people arent doing this as much anymore. 2nd thing is most guys enjoy playing games with girls and actually find it refreshing. The sad truth is that nice people are easily forgotten while it only takes 1 asshole and/or teenager to spout his mouth off making girls feel bad or offended. Its also alot easier for people who are irritated (which happens alot in league) to blame others and use whatever ammo they have. A girl might be given some sexist or stereo type remark like "girls suck at video game and should stay in the kitchen". But keep in mind if you where a guy it would probably be something like "this #@$% trash can, dad should of pulled out, mom should of got abortion, ect". Both sexes get treated terribly by the same people so in the end its usually not a matter of sexism as much as its a matter of someone being a toxic ass. Learning how to deal with said people is a needed life skill ( at least here in the US) and i use that skill pretty regularly. ( and im a guy in a almost entirely male company).
> [{quoted}](name=Skeletons Grave,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:04:44.044+0000) > > Your post makes me sad. Every single guy i know that plays video games would love to be with a girl that also games. The ones that are married wish there wife liked video games. So for girls to be discouraged from playing them sux and thankfully i think people arent doing this as much anymore. > > 2nd thing is most guys enjoy playing games with girls and actually find it refreshing. The sad truth is that nice people are easily forgotten while it only takes 1 asshole and/or teenager to spout his mouth off making girls feel bad or offended. Its also alot easier for people who are irritated (which happens alot in league) to blame others and use whatever ammo they have. A girl might be given some sexist or stereo type remark like "girls suck at video game and should stay in the kitchen". But keep in mind if you where a guy it would probably be something like "this #@$% trash can, dad should of pulled out, mom should of got abortion, ect". Both sexes get treated terribly by the same people so in the end its usually not a matter of sexism as much as its a matter of someone being a toxic ass. > > Learning how to deal with said people is a needed life skill ( at least here in the US) and i use that skill pretty regularly. ( and im a guy in a almost entirely male company). The human mind is made to remember negative experiences more easily than positive ones. I assume it used to be a needed skill for survival! I wouldn't really know whether people are doing the things I mentioned less than they used to, though. It's hard to say because I grew up and the people around me matured as I did. The only teen I still have in my life is my little sister who stopped gaming a few years ago for various reasons, so I only have my own experiences to go off of. You know, when I was a teenager, immature guys with superiority complexes were common. Now that I'm an adult in my last year of university, people around me don't really have time to waste bashing other people on insignificant things anymore. It's not so much a "forever" issue. It's mostly getting through the tough years without trading away a hobby for convenience, and then you're good to go! I still do occasionally encounter the stray man who hasn't grown up in the head, but they're rare. My examples mostly meant to show that girls get discouraged at a young(ish) age, and then they already have other hobbies taking up their free time by the time they reach a place where everyone is mature enough for most of the issues to vanish. (Just in case you hadn't realized it, this paragraph and the list of reasons in my previous comment were talking about IRL interactions, not online ones! ^_^) Of course, online, flamers will flame regardless of your gender. I didn't really have toxic situations in mind when I wrote my comment, though. I mostly thought about times when I'd make a call in a game with voice chat and instantly be met with hostility based on the fact that my voice is higher than that of the average guy, which makes my gender fairly obvious. That or the good old sexist jokes about how I belong in the kitchen or other reaaaally _original_ stuff along those lines. I can't say anything about the gaming **industry** because I'm not interested in working in that field, but I can definitely vouch for the fact that misogyny is still alive in the community. Some people who didn't have any reason to be toxic at all will suddenly turn into trolls or "hilarious" misogynistic comedians the moment they realize someone on the team's a girl/woman. I'm also not saying I can't deal with toxic people or sexist dudes. I can. There's a reason I'm still around. However, not everyone who can deal with that when needed for "survival" (so like in situations where you're kind of forced to be such as school or work) will want to deal with it in their hobbies. Hobbies are a way to unwind after a hard day or week for most people, and so if they have to deal with some drama in a specific activity but don't in others, it is entirely possible they will simply choose not to bother and will move on to something else! People are jerks on the daily. Why take more abuse than you need to? Unless you're addicted to some games like many of the people on here... including myself. ;-) EDIT: I just wanted to add something really quickly in response to what you said about guys who would love to have a girlfriend who plays games as well. One of the main reasons why I find the discrepancy between typical female hobbies and typical male ones so sad is because I know how fun it can be to partake in the activities that make you happy with the person who brightens up your days. I wish more people could share their hobbies with their partner! As a side note, though, you never know who you could convince to try out something new. I wasn't a very big fan of dungeon crawls and rogue-likes until I started playing multiplayer ones with my boyfriend and now I absolutely love them (even though I kinda suck and he has to carry my dead ass until the next revival point more often than not). Maybe your partner would be open to trying out some of your games if you were open to try some of their hobbies in return! :D
: I seriously don't understand this "Gaming is an industry dominated by men"
Hi there, I'm a young woman and I would like to respectfully chime in on this post and some of the comments other people made! I think some of my personal experience could really add to the conversation and make some of you guys realize things you don't quite understand as of now--which is actually quite normal since you've never gotten to experience them. Please note that nothing in the following post is intended as a personal attack to any man in this thread, and I would like to apologize in advance in case I come off slightly aggressive here or there. I'm not a native English speaker and certain things tend to come out wrong when I talk about a topic that is important to me! First of all, some people seem to think that the _only_ reason women don't play video games is because they're just naturally not interested in them. Now, I won't pretend to know everything and so I can't give my opinion as to whether "natural" interest plays a part in this. However, I can tell you of some of the other reasons women might not play (competitive) video games as much as men do: - There is a history of video game companies actively marketing towards boys and men rather than girls and women. - Personal experience (and things I've heard from female friends) seems to show that most girls aren't "encouraged" by their parents to play video games. Some are even actively discouraged, and that doesn't seem to happen nearly as much with boys. For instance, I have a friend who liked video games just as much as her little brother. However, when her parents bought a console for the family, they officially gifted it to the brother. Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was marketed as a boy's toy. - There is a lot of social pressure to conform, especially in secondary school (don't really know what the equivalent is but like 12 to 16 years of age approximately). Therefore, girls that might have had an interest for video games before sometimes get bullied for being "abnormal" by others and quite literally end up getting--or letting themselves be--bullied out of playing video games. - Older family members sometimes intentionally make me feel that I'm not girly enough or that I'm tomboyish because I play video games. There is nothing inherently wrong with being a tomboy, but the fact that you get categorized kind of as a boy for playing games does show there is a societal (negative) bias towards women that have gaming as a hobby. - It is fairly mentally exhausting to play video games as a woman. I constantly have to justify myself and get lumped in with all the "gamer girls" the moment I try to join a conversation regarding gaming. People will often ask for a list of the games I play and my rank in the competitive ones. If I'm not good enough for them or play games they deem to casual or mainstream, I'm told I'm not a "real" gamer. Now, I'm not saying this happens all the time, but it does happen, and it's a little sad when some of my friends have to defend me from some guy who only plays COD and Overwatch telling me I'm not part of the gaming community. Second, I'd like to touch upon the issue of hiding your gender online. It is not always possible for a girl or a woman to hide the fact that she is female. For example, you can think about games with voice chat. Unless you use a voice changer, which is very likely to make you sound weird and make others mock you for using one, your voice will probably give your gender away. Now, I could always avoid using VC, but it often puts you at quite the disadvantage in competitive games where it is commonly used. Besides, I shouldn't have to restrain from using some of the features just because I was born with a vagina. Lastly, I would go as far as saying that it is downright unfair and sexist to imply that women are at fault for being discriminated against if they reveal their gender. When one gender has to hide itself in order not to get hate, but the other can claim it loud without consequences, that is quite literally one of the most obvious examples of sexism I could think of. Of course, I'm not saying to go walking around with a username such as DarknessBabe or something along those lines and join every lobby claiming that you've got tits. That's just attention seeking, and nobody likes attention whores. But sometimes, for one reason or another, your gender happens to get revealed, and it should never be a big deal if it does. I mentioned earlier that I wasn't a native English speaker. I'm a French speaker. And see, most things are gendered in French and I know for a fact that things are the same in many other languages. That means that, if people happen to be gaming in another language than English, women would have to go out of their way to break their habit and write in the masculine form whenever they make a comment about themselves. That sounds a little harsh, doesn't it? Blaming women for the sexism they face online is really just another form of victim-blaming, and that is never okay. TL;DR - I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, maybe women are naturally less inclined to play video games, but discrimination definitely contributes to make things worse. Moreover, blaming girls when they get harassed because you think they should've gone out of their way to hide something men don't have to hide is blatant sexism, and if you hold those views, you might wanna take a step back and reevaluate a few things. I hope everyone can understand where I'm coming from, and I'm definitely open to discussion so long as replies are respectful! :-) Good luck to everyone on the Rift! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: So riot removed my post saying I was going to quit until they fire Daniel Z. Klein
My stance on the issue aside, I don't think the fact that DZK broke the rule should make it okay for other people to break it as well. You know how, in game, you can get banned for telling a toxic flamer to f- off? Just because someone broke the rules first doesn't give you freedom to break them as well without facing consequences. ^_^' I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything here, just explaining why I don't think this outcome is unexpected or weird.
: "As a man, you can do your part in fixing this issue by helping out women you see getting harassed or followed. That would definitely show them that there are good men out there." Nah apparently most of the "men" on these forums think it's a better idea to play the victim role instead and disregard the history of sexism and abuse against women. Shit, marital rape was legal until like the 1980's in the U.S. Like the history is there and quite clear.
> [{quoted}](name=Placentas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-09-03T15:09:54.257+0000) > > "As a man, you can do your part in fixing this issue by helping out women you see getting harassed or followed. That would definitely show them that there are good men out there." > > Nah apparently most of the "men" on these forums think it's a better idea to play the victim role instead and disregard the history of sexism and abuse against women. > > Shit, marital rape was legal until like the 1980's in the U.S. Like the history is there and quite clear. I don't think it's so much that they disregard it. I choose to believe there is little to no malice in what they say. It's mostly lack of exposure, in my opinion. Sometimes, when I explain some societal female issues that I sadly have to deal with on a regular basis, some of my closest male friends are surprised and shocked. They can't really understand how we feel unless we share it. What men do understand though is that they are being treated as a potential threat by a lot of women even though they'd never hurt them. We can't just disregard the fact that it hurts their feelings. The point of discussions like this one, though, is to make them understand _why_ we do that, that it's not a personal insult or attack to them, and that we cannot afford to sacrifice our safety to protect their feelings. Once we come to such an understanding, no man has to take it personally anymore and everyone can be happy! {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T06:49:56.532+0000) > > I'm not fully certain how this video relates to my comment, but I thank you for sharing it. I know which movie I'll watch on my next evening off haha! I mean that white knighting is a common fantasy, but we don't live in a comic book world where a superhero can fight crime all night every night, and looking forward to doing so is kind of creepy. I live in a very affluent neighborhood with virtually no crime\*, so I don't have any opportunities to stop harassment and it seems a bit exaggerated for people to be this afraid of it happening around here. \* Almost everyone speeds and almost no one stops at stop signs, so going for a walk is incredibly dangerous but the cops don't do anything about it, which pisses me off because a little girl crossing the street on her bicycle was hit a few years ago and I've nearly been hit several times. But at least we have a bunch of gun laws.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T07:54:27.215+0000) > > I mean that white knighting is a common fantasy, but we don't live in a comic book world where a superhero can fight crime all night every night, and looking forward to doing so is kind of creepy. I live in a very affluent neighborhood with virtually no crime\*, so I don't have any opportunities to stop harassment and it seems a bit exaggerated for people to be this afraid of it happening around here. > > \* Almost everyone speeds and almost no one stops at stop signs, so going for a walk is incredibly dangerous but the cops don't do anything about it, which pisses me off because a little girl crossing the street on her bicycle was hit a few years ago and I've nearly been hit several times. But at least we have a bunch of gun laws. Ah I see your point. For sure, not everyone has the opportunity to help out. I'm glad you live in a safe neighbourhood! :-) I live in a pretty safe one in the suburbs as well, but I work late evenings downtown in a big city, so the trip back home is often a little spooky. It's happened many times that someone is harassing me and making all sorts of creepy and really sexual comments while I'm very clearly trying to avoid the discussion, and everyone around just looks as uncomfortable as I am, but nobody reacts. Reacting's the kind of thing that would make me feel way safer, you know? It would be amazing if another person came up to me and pretended to know me so I could get out of the uncomfortable situation. It would feel so wonderful if someone told the guy who just told me I'd look _soooo cute_ on all fours in front of him that shit like that isn't okay to say. The thing is, I know for a certainty that people do not approve of this behaviour. They just don't really think it's their place to intervene. But what that does is that it lets the harasser/catcaller/creep think his behaviour is okay. It's something I also see a lot with sexism in video games with voice chat. For instance, sometimes I make calls in Overwatch and get someone mocking me because I'm a girl, or someone joking that "of course you play Lúcio, girls are only good at supporting" and things like that. Everyone stays silent. Then the moment the immature person leaves chat, everyone goes "damn what an obnoxious twat, so glad he left". I guess what I'm trying to say is... to everyone reading this: voice your disapproval. Don't just think that someone is a complete tool. Politely but firmly make it clear that their behaviour isn't acceptable in your eyes. Of course, if you don't think it would be safe for you to intervene, you might want to stay out of it or get some form of authority to intervene in your place, but I'm sure you get the idea! ^_^ By the way KFCeytron, know that most of the "you" I used in that message were general ones, not personal ones. I'm not necessarily talking to you in particular. Good luck to everyone on the Rift! {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} (Edited because my French-speaker brain took over and I messed up a sentence)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guiboulou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-03T05:57:15.822+0000) > > While I do agree that men experience sexism, I think your two first examples are wrong. I know it feels bad to feel like a woman is afraid of you even though you didn't do anything wrong, but I honestly think women are the victims in situations like these. Now, I might be biased because I'm a young woman and have often felt frightened when walking or taking public transportation late at night, but hear me out. > > First and foremost, I want you to know that, if I ever happen to try and avoid you while passing you, it's got nothing to do with you personally. I would do the same with any man. I've been harrassed and even followed a few times (and groped once, so I totally feel you on the gross drunk wife thing). It's kind of an automatic defense mechanism for me to put distance or a locked door between me and any man I happen to pass when we're alone together, especially if it's dark. I know an overwhelming majority of men will not even attempt to assault me, be it physically or verbally. However, it has happened often enough that I'd rather not take any chances. The distance means that, should something happen, I will have a better shot at making it out unscathed. Don't be offended. Don't take it personally. I'm not saying that it feels any better on your end, but try to keep in mind that a woman doing something like those two events you mentionned is probably feeling way worse than you at that moment. > > Before I go, I'd like to quote something I once read (don't remember the source, sorry). > "Not all men, but enough men that all women are now afraid of most men." :( > As a man, you can do your part in fixing this issue by helping out women you see getting harassed or followed. That would definitely show them that there are good men out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVUWV2Z0Ag
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-03T06:39:18.175+0000) > > :( > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVUWV2Z0Ag I'm not fully certain how this video relates to my comment, but I thank you for sharing it. I know which movie I'll watch on my next evening off haha!
: As a man, I'm glad I've never experienced sexism or harassment
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-02T23:44:09.365+0000) > > It feels great that I've never walked by a parking lot at my local park and seen someone waiting in their car roll up the window and lock the doors when she saw me. > > I'm so happy that I've never experienced anyone crossing the street with her Pomeranian to avoid me a few months ago. While I do agree that men experience sexism, I think your two first examples are wrong. I know it feels bad to feel like a woman is afraid of you even though you didn't do anything wrong, but I honestly think women are the victims in situations like these. Now, I might be biased because I'm a young woman and have often felt frightened when walking or taking public transportation late at night, but hear me out. First and foremost, I want you to know that, if I ever happen to try and avoid you while passing you, it's got nothing to do with you personally. I would do the same with any man. I've been harrassed and even followed a few times (and groped once, so I totally feel you on the gross drunk wife thing). It's kind of an automatic defense mechanism for me to put distance or a locked door between me and any man I happen to pass when we're alone together, especially if it's dark. I know an overwhelming majority of men will not even attempt to assault me, be it physically or verbally. However, it has happened often enough that I'd rather not take any chances. The distance means that, should something happen, I will have a better shot at making it out unscathed. Don't be offended. Don't take it personally. I'm not saying that it feels any better on your end, but try to keep in mind that a woman doing something like those two events you mentionned is probably feeling way worse than you at that moment. Before I go, I'd like to quote something I once read (don't remember the source, sorry). "Not all men, but enough men that all women are now afraid of most men." As a man, you can do your part in fixing this issue by helping out women you see getting harassed or followed. That would definitely show them that there are good men out there. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} (Quick edit because I messed up the quote lol)
Wreckord (NA)
: Gotchu
I know this thread is old as all fucking hell, but seriously. I spent two hours straight desperately trying to fix it after the new tutorial broke my game. Then I found this on the third page of Google (yes, I was that desperate) and I figured "eh what the hell man, what do I have to lose" and fucked my enter key's shit up... Please marry me.
: :-) i shall steal this emoji for my own use i normally like using :^) for the pointier nose but i shall steal this now :-) Revert is not what kat needs i hope it never happens. no cast time shunpo would make her hated like leblanc yasuo zed and so forth so i definitely do not want that. and gunblade needs rework just like duskblade. >:/ :^) ty for understanding.
The last rework was the best thing to happen to Kat in a long time IMO. It isn't perfect, but it's much better than it used to be. We all whined when it was announced, but it was the thing we needed even though it wasn't the one we wanted at that time. I'm so glad we fought hard when they tried to push the [bullcrap AD rework four years ago](http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N5FKxLsiqMw/VL3Bs9f2bmI/AAAAAAAAiBY/i3yIvW2vHSU/s1600/B7wNNfrCEAEzQM8.png). I'm pretty sure we would've never gotten this version of Kat had the AD thing gone through.
: I was speaking in general of kat players being bad Wasnt attacking you. My bad for bad phrasing. Im against it cause if i want to run back i dont have to press anything. I have to drag my mouse and click to run back. But if you need to attack u can just click since ur on the target with ur mouse. Its literally the opposite of a problem but it is presented as a problem from someone who barely plays kat. Kat has only 1 problem that i already mentioned. The rest are just players complaining about the way the champ was intended to be. And even so this post only speaks for 50 people. Most would agree nothing is wrong.
Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were attacking me personally. I'm not a native English speaker, so sometimes I don't understand things as well as I could. My bad too, I suppose. :P Your reasoning for being against it makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. All I know is that it caused me to spaz out in minions a few times haha. But yeah, in hindsight, you're right on that one. I do agree that Kat is fairly good and there isn't _much_ wrong with her. I love her daggers, I love the set-ups, I love her ult, I love the distribution of her power across all her spells. I just wish something would be done about Gunblade, and my heart will always kind of long for the old, no-cast-time Shunpo. But honestly, a Katarina revert would probably make me actually cry because I don't wanna go back to the terribly feast-or-famine and Death Lotus-reliant Katarina that we had before. Stay passionate about your champion and best of luck to you on the Rift! :-)
: If kat stop using that item then it needs to be deleted from the game. And riot wont do that because its a hextech item part of their hextech family which would make people question why not remove other hextech items. Or maybe you know? keep kat as she is? cause only issue is daggers not giving reset when they disappear. i dont mind getting cc'd by malz when i shunpod 0.1 seconds after he ulted and im in a new spot. and it looks like malz is ulting nothing while i stand still. I do not mind that. Makes the game derpy and actually enjoyable. Never had this problem simply cause you know you can... how do i say this.... click on your new enemy? :) there is a key that makes you target only champions aswell so this is not an issue if you are ANY good with kat. if this is an issue then you are simply bad not even with kat but at the game. clicking on an enemy champion 1 extra time is so hard? its a skill based thing aswell. you click on the enemy while ur shunpoing. a reflex based thing. its exactly what kat needs to show who knows anything about her and who knows nothing of her.
I feel like your last paragraph is attacking me personally and I'm not too sure why you're doing this. I was just voicing my own opinion, which is that, from my mid-gold standpoint, it is a little problematic. It probably wouldn't take long to fix, and so I just feel like there is no good reason to be _against_ it. You can not care, but why be against it? I know I can click on my new enemy. That's why this issue rarely happens to me, as I said above. But yes, I'm a hard-stuck gold player, so I'm not good at the game and it does happen sometimes that I get screwed over a little by that one tiny thing. It doesn't necessarily need to automatically attack the new target. It just needs to forget the old target, because instantly walking backwards can create some issues, especially if you're in a minion wave (creep block for the win wheeee). Asides from the personal attacks, I do agree that the biggest issue with the Shunpo cast time is the daggers disappearing and then being a sitting duck. Ideally, I would like there not to be a cast time at all. However, if they made it so that you at least get your reset, if not your damage, even if the dagger disappears while you cast it, I would be happy.
: i agree with mostly everything stated here. However, i think the aa reset on the e is a good thing to have. its one of those things that seperates a terrible kat player and a good one. also i like using it to cs under tower
I like it as well, but I think I'd be willing to trade it for something else, you know? ^_^
: So there is no point in taking AD ratios and adding them to AP ratios because if the damage output is the same nothing changes.... ya know? makes 0 difference. And yes gunblade is as bad as duskblade... the instant front damage + slow is horrendous design. only reason not many complain about it is cause its core on only a few ap champs. sometimes jax. But its just as bad as duskblade. its like the AP version of duskblade without magic pen. What exactly about shunpo do you not like. Cause there is only 1 thing i do not like about it and i heard someone else mention it. You can shunpo to a dagger that is about to despawn and you shunpo to nothing cause you dont get it reset. that is the only thing that comes to mind. nothing else. Complaining about moonwalking that affects NOTHING! cause you can use abilities you can walk and so forth its just that u look cooler while doing it...
As of now, it makes no difference to change the ratios. However, if Riot found a way to make Kat no longer use Gunblade, I think the AD ratios would need to be converted to AP ones. ^_^ That is what I meant. The more I think about it, the more I do realize how shitty Gunblade is. Something needs to be done about that item. I don't like the cast-time on Shunpo because it creates awkward situations such as the one you described or the ones mentioned in the OP (getting hit by CC but at the new location, which is awkward both for Kat and her opponents). I think it needs to go and could be traded for the AA reset or something. I would advise that you go back to the OP and watch the little video talking about the moonwalking thing. :-) It's not just a visual effect (I just used that word to refer to it because I didn't really know how else to do so haha), it makes you automatically run back to your last AA target instead of AAing your Shunpo target. That to me screams that something was overlooked when coding her Shunpo. It doesn't happen too often to me in actual games, but I've had it happen a few times and it does feel quite frustrating.
: No one builds kat hybrids... gunblade will be necesarry on her regardless if ad ratios are taken away.... just like leblanc. if they buff ap ratios she will be pick ban status... Kat can literally blow up people overkill them. and AD doesnt help that as much as u think.. AP ratios if touched on kat will make her pick/ban status and we all know how everyone liked that didnt we? Hybrid buils lmao 40 ad item = hybrid kat? are you like serious? If you think kat is clunky right now then you are not playing kat correctly thats all i can say. edit: 8games this season with kat. wow you sure play her alot. 5 games in normals in the past 2 weeks. wow you play alot of kat you sure do know what her problems are. compared to someone who has 2k games across multiple accounts on her EVERY FUKING YEAR! ye sorry my bad you know better :( you tots know better than a season 2 veteran my bad. ill leave.
I said "kind of hybrid" because I didn't really know how to say that otherwise. I don't believe that tweaking her AP ratios would break her if it were done in compensation to the AD ones getting removed. I'm not asking for the AP ratios to be massively buffed. I just think they'd need to be brought up a little if this were to happen. Keep her total damage output the same, but convert the AD ratios to AP ones, ya know? :-) You make a good point about LeBlanc still taking Gunblade, I hadn't thought about that. It is indeed quite strange. Maybe the big problem here lies within the item itself. It might need to be changed directly rather than changing the few champions that build it. I do not think Kat is clunky. I really like her dagger set-up mechanics. I think her Shunpo feels a bit clunky/bad to use at times and it could use some tweaking. I don't think that's quite the same thing. :P
: An important message from Katarina mains to Riot
After scrolling through the comments, it does seem a lot o people kind of misunderstand what we want with Katarina. While I don't agree with 100% of what the OP said, I do agree with most of it, so let me explain. **We don't want a revert.** I've played Katarina through both of her reworks and she is a lot of fun right now. Setting up her daggers properly feels really rewarding, and you no longer have to avoid fights when your ult is down because it isn't your bread and butter anymore. That, to me, says that the rework was at least somewhat successful. She also seems to be much easier to balance right now, which is downright awesome. However, there are some issues that make Katarina _feel_ bad to play at times. They don't make her bad or unviable, they just make her a little clunky is all. Removing (or at least reducing) the Shunpo cast time, perhaps in exchange of losing the AA reset, would honestly fix most if not all of the "feel" issues in my opinion. Her moonwalk thing also needs to be fixed because, let's be real, it shouldn't ever have been a thing in the first place and was probably just overlooked. Her build also needs to be more diverse again. As stated by other people, no champion should have an item be as mandatory and as gameplay-changing as {{item:3146}} is on {{champion:55}}. I do not know how to fix that as I have no experience in champion balancing, but I think maybe removing her AD ratios and tweaking some of her AP ones in return could very well work. Anyhow, I got a little carried away, but I just wanted to say to all the people who think we can't see that this Kat is better overall than her past iterations, we do see it. We would just like for some feel-bad things to be tweaked a little here and there. I'm also pretty sure Kat's opponents would strongly benefit from her no longer building Gunblade. ;-)
: Except he is asking AA reset damage and AD ratios to be added as flat base damage to her E. you are asking for something more plaussible while he is straight up saying make kat 0.2 second kill like rengar.
I said what was really important _to me_ and what I personally would be willing to give up in return, I didn't say anything about the OP. I commented to give my personal opinion, not because I agreed with 100% of what he said. ^_^ ”If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist.” I live by that quote haha. I strongly believe that the moonwalk thing should just straight up be fixed for nothing in return because it's just a clunky as all hell interaction that should never have happened in the first place. I also believe that the E delay needs to go, because nobody really uses that as an indication of what a Kat will do, they use her daggers. It just creates clunky situations that can be frustrating for both Kat players and her opponents, as described in the OP. It will however give her a slight advantage in the rare occasions that are time-sensitive enough for 0.5s to prevent her from getting a kill or escaping. Trading the AA reset for it seems fair enough to me, especially considering it will also give more time to react before Electrocute goes off! :-) As for the build diversity, I think that trading the AD ratios for it is actually necessary. A lot of people will keep trying to build Kat kind of hybrid as long as she has AD ratios. Remove the AD ratios, slightly buff some of her AP ones and see what build paths pop up. Actually, hybrid builds have never really been healthy on anyone, IMO. Anyway. I've been playing Kat through two reworks and she's in a _really_ fun state right now to me. It feels so damn rewarding to set up daggers properly. It feels so good to finally be able to go all-in even if you don't have your ult, which used to be essentially suicide on Katarina's past two iterations. The rework was pretty successful to me, but it needs some tweaks to remove clunkiness and to get rid of the unhealthy pre/post-gunblade play-style difference. {{sticker:katarina-love}}
: An important message from Katarina mains to Riot
The three things that are really important to me are that the E cast time gets removed (or at least reduced), that her moonwalk thing gets fixed and that her build diversity is restored. This would make Kat so fun to play again, and I'm definitely willing to trade off a few things for it, such as removing the AA reset or giving up the AD ratios. {{champion:55}} will be restored to her former glory, I have faith in Riot.
: 1 year absent player: Is the game worth coming back to?
I feel like a lot of people will tell you no because there seems to be a lot of general discontent with the game at the moment. However, I would advise that you try it for yourself. I personally still find a lot of fun in playing this game, especially with friends. You might also want to try out new champions if you don't have fun playing your old mains. Maybe they simply aren't suited for the current meta. Anyway. Try it out! First-hand experience is worth all the online comments you could ever get. :-) You've got nothing to lose other than perhaps a few hours. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
S0kaX (EUNE)
: take champion that have point and click abilities like {{champion:8}} or that can easily hit their abilities like {{champion:238}}
I can try that. Do you have any tips that don't involve picking specific champions, or is LeBlanc someone you must hard-counter with your pick?
Rioter Comments
Bloodgam (EUW)
: ***
Did you just call them a dumbass for no reason at all? What the hell dude. Personal attacks will _never_ help you win an argument.
: Weird Fps problem
Do you have a Mac? Since last patch, my FPS drop from capped at 60 to 5-20 when I'm about ten minutes in.
: MAC USERS DESERVES SOME LOVE TOO
In two of the three games I played tonight, my FPS suddenly dropped to 5-20 and no change to any of the settings would fix it. Trying to quit the buggy game resulted both times in my Finder being completely irresponsive and my Dock vanishing. I had to forcefully reboot my iMac both times.
Rioter Comments
: Zoe Walking Animation Feedback
I don't think it's a bug, though. I think it's intended because some of her animations would look clunky at higher speeds. :P
Anaselia (NA)
: CLEAN CUT AUTO ATTACKS CAN'T KILL GP BARREL BUG
As multiple people have already said, the same happens with a bunch of other player-made entities. Your report is far from the only one. I'm kind of baffled by the radio silence on this one...
Show more

Guiboulou

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion