: WHY DID DARIUS GET A BUFF?
I'll be honest with you, Darius is a noob stomper yes but he can very very very easily be beat.. Any champ that can dash **into** him when he Qs automatically wins the trade because his Q does like 30% of the damage if its not hit by the end and he doesnt get a stack NOR heal..
: It's almost like Doran's Blade gives healing. It's almost like Vamp Scepter could give sustain (except there is literally NO reason to buy it as it stands). It's almost like every support besides Brand/Zyra CAN heal the ADC through Relic Shield or their inherent heals. The problem is the fact FFW allows you to skip a lifesteal item besides DBlade and buy a second zeal item so you end up doing more damage than you would with PtA/Lethal Tempo anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=My Waifu Vanilla,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q40Bq64R,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-04-24T23:37:25.339+0000) > > It's almost like Doran's Blade gives healing. 3% lifesteal. To put it in perspective, you hit a minion for 50 early. 3% of 50 is 1.5. You have to hit a minion around 50 times to heal back what Janna would do to you with just her W very early. >It's almost like Vamp Scepter could give sustain (except there is literally NO reason to buy it as it stands). Not a single marksmen besides Kaisa and Draven buy life steal in lane. >It's almost like every support besides Brand/Zyra CAN heal the ADC through Relic Shield or their inherent heals. By any support you mean melee supports (TK,Alistar,Taric) All whom are given the heal on relic shield because they are champs who are 100% weak to poke lanes...? >The problem is the fact FFW allows you to skip a lifesteal item besides DBlade and buy a second zeal item so you end up doing more damage than you would with PtA/Lethal Tempo anyway. Ok so take out FF and dorans blade. Now any poke that happens forces you out of lane = Lane ending sooner =Tower being taken way faster = Harder snowballing for bot lane You want that???
AmazoX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=FrostQueensPlane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tig1EqZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-23T02:23:01.272+0000) > > There's is literally NOTHING enjoyable in a mage vs {{champion:7}} or{{champion:157}}or{{champion:55}} match up BECAUSE ONE SIDE HAS BEEN GIVEN ALL THE TOOLS TO OUTPLAY THE OTHER RIOT GAMES AND ONE TOUCH FROM THEIR ABILITIES CAN COST YOU YOUR FUCKING LANE, yet _<Removed by Moderation>_ is perplexed as to why mages choose to abandon "laning" completely and opt to clear waves. It blows his ADC mind that having literally 0 options to play aggressively because of a severe discrepancy in mobility and ability consistency results in people who play their champions passively unless the skill discrepancy is so massive that none of that matters. > > Even vs {{champion:105}} or{{champion:238}} every match up literally boils down to roll your face at them before they hit level 3, if you didn't slap your face on your keyboard hard enough then you're not allowed to interact anymore because you'll take 90% of your hp in a single trade, and post 6 if you get touched you die. Wow Riot, that's so fun to play against, I can't understand why mages don't choose to MUH INTERACTION more with assassins :O. > > _<Removed by Moderation>_ Thing is, ADCS too powerful to the point they can 1v1 the characters made to destroy them, they hit their power spikes at 2, 2.5 items the hardest in the game. Mages on the other hand are the only ones left on the Mid lane capable of producing utility, zoning & wave clear for their team. The mages adjustments are part of the larger plan which is related to the ADCs taking an adjustment hit during Mid Season.
> Thing is, ADCS too powerful to the point they can 1v1 the characters made to destroy them, they hit their power spikes at 2, 2.5 items the hardest in the game. If you're getting 1v1d as an Assassin by an adc you are playing extremely wrong.
: Remember when ADCs had to build lifesteal to access sustain?
> [{quoted}](name=iPooUnicorns,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q40Bq64R,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-24T16:39:06.875+0000) > > Ohhh I member. > > Now you just coast through laning phase with Fleet Footwork, even with the nerfs to it. Would you rather adcs go 0-7 because the enemy support poked him out of lane nonstop? No?? Bot lane is already a shit fest, ADCs like LIVING.
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ERPoWBwH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-24T03:26:59.686+0000) > > Crits are getting a rework, but it wont be that. The idea is to remove RNG from them. > > Nerfing crit that much would utterly destroy balance, so the entire ADC class would need an update along with it, not to mention most fighters as well. This would target the "2 item scaling" of marksmen and make them more focused around late game allowing for other clases to be more relavante early to late game. It is not something I am saying which will happen but simply a suggestion.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ERPoWBwH,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-04-24T05:18:08.298+0000) > > This would target the "2 item scaling" of marksmen and make them more focused around late game allowing for other clases to be more relavante early to late game. > > It is not something I am saying which will happen but simply a suggestion. There are a bunch.. Of champions who are supposed to be late game monsters but scale at one to two items... Don't target adcs because you can't 1v2
: Assassin nerf (duskblade) --> compensations; mage nerf (waveclear) --> nothing
AP items are 5x better than they were 2 months ago. Yes they could use a nerf.
: If supports were really overpowered shouldn't they be played more often? I very rarely see supports played mid, top or jungle and even more rarely with success (Ivern being the main exception).
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OqqoFKHg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-23T13:05:35.507+0000) > > If supports were really overpowered shouldn't they be played more often? I very rarely see supports played mid, top or jungle and even more rarely with success (Ivern being the main exception). They are played more. Go look at the graphs it rivals top lane and even beats it .
: You can stand behind minions though and he can't hurt ya with it. Cait can AA you through minions. And yes, Cait does it for free but many other ADCs can get to that insane range with unavoidable damage. Ezreal's E gets reduced by Q but you use Q to poke and E to all in. When he lands Q the E is already up. If he goes in, the E won't be up in time even with the few Q procs. Plus that's assuming you even land the Qs. Lucian just needs to land AAs to reduce his E. His E is an AA reset so it's even easier. Plus it costs no mana. There's a reason one of the golden rules of league is "Never E in" as Ezreal. Right up there with "Don't chase Singed."
> [{quoted}](name=Supreme Senpai69,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=at6E1qy9,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-22T01:09:07.829+0000) > > > There's a reason one of the golden rules of league is "Never E in" as Ezreal. Right up there with "Don't chase Singed." Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe for the bronze Ezreals but good ones actually E in to avoid skill shots because they know they'll win the trade Ex) E'ing into Cait when she is going to E+Q
: Ezreal isn't too horrid to play against. You can dodge his damage at least, unlike Caitlyn who has long range unavoidable point and click auto attacks. If he uses his mobility to go in he cannot get out since it's on a long CD, unlike Lucian. He only has CC when he builds for it and it's just a slow. If anything I hate having them on my team because they always try to rush triforce and feed. But if he has a IBG he's not entirely useless, which I really like. Honestly he seems like a better Corki
> [{quoted}](name=Supreme Senpai69,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=at6E1qy9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-21T22:38:39.573+0000) > > Ezreal isn't too horrid to play against. You can dodge his damage at least, Of course you can but trying to sidestep a Q every 2s is horrible experience. Same thing about Ziggs. >unlike Caitlyn who has long range unavoidable point and click auto attacks. Jinx and Tristana out range her. Twitch too, and Kog :S. > If he uses his mobility to go in he cannot get out since it's on a long CD, unlike Lucian. How is this a valid statement. Seriously, Do you even know what you're talking about? Ezreals E cd gets reduced when he lands Q same as Lucians E gets reduced when he procs his passive.
: Hey, stop giving attention to this one champ, and instead give it to someone completely unrelated just because I want you to. Here's my personal opinion on why you should do it.
> [{quoted}](name=AmenPerson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PP3EMRgj,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-04-21T17:13:11.231+0000) > > Hey, stop giving attention to this one champ who has been worked on atleast 5 fking times Fixed your sentence.
: Why is it so hard to win with Udyr?
Trick2g fights silver and gold players...... He makes premades with his viewers or something like that. Dont take him at face value. Also you shouldnt be team fighting with Udyr nearly as much.
BroLane (NA)
: What counters Vladimir?
: If I worked for riot I would say that mages don't go sup in pro-play - therefore your point is invalid. But I want to add to that, even if you consider the rare events in Pro-play where Cassio/Swain/whatever are seen in top lane, that doesn't mean they're (or mages as a class) viable. If you consider just the pro-games, their appearance top is an insignificant statistical blip, and that's never-minding the contortions those well-coordinated teams made to accommodate the composition, or whether they won. Basing your systemic decisions/conclusions on statistically insignificant and irreproducible data constitutes fraud, bias and/or quackery.
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=000000000000000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-20T02:17:22.564+0000) > > If I worked for riot I would say that mages don't go sup in pro-play - therefore your point is invalid. But I want to add to that, even if you consider the rare events in Pro-play where Cassio/Swain/whatever are seen in top lane, that doesn't mean they're (or mages as a class) viable. If you consider just the pro-games, their appearance top is an insignificant statistical blip, and that's never-minding the contortions those well-coordinated teams made to accommodate the composition, or whether they won. Basing your systemic decisions/conclusions on statistically insignificant and irreproducible data constitutes fraud, bias and/or quackery. If we're going to only discuss pro play then everything you said and i said dont relate to our discussion so im not sure whats the point.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Hópe,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=00000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T17:51:28.561+0000) > > And try playing ADC in the mid lane and watch what happens??? In terms of winning lane the odds are stacked against you. > > 90% of what you said **also applies to marksmen** but the mage circle jerk is too biased to admit it. > > They say stuff like ''Oh mages can only go mid!''Really because you guys have plagued bot lane. > > What about marksmen? You think Caitlyn Sivir Ashe MF Draven Tristana Twitch can go mid or top? **No** They fucking cant. Theres a few outliers like Twitch and Kaisa going Jungle just as theres a few outliers with mages going top such as Lissandra Swain and Vlad. Kindred can ONLY jungle. ADC mid is actually pretty successful.
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T18:23:21.930+0000) > > ADC mid is actually pretty successful. Show me.
: You say that as if mages don't need items, which is completely ridiculous btw. Try playing a mage in bot lane as an experiment. Watch what happens, just in terms of winning lane. The odds are stacked against you.
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T03:06:09.010+0000) > > You say that as if mages don't need items, which is completely ridiculous btw. Try playing a mage in bot lane as an experiment. Watch what happens, just in terms of winning lane. The odds are stacked against you. And try playing ADC in the mid lane and watch what happens??? In terms of winning lane the odds are stacked against you. 90% of what you said **also applies to marksmen** but the mage circle jerk is too biased to admit it. They say stuff like ''Oh mages can only go mid!''Really because you guys have plagued bot lane. What about marksmen? You think Caitlyn Sivir Ashe MF Draven Tristana Twitch can go mid or top? **No** They fucking cant. Theres a few outliers like Twitch and Kaisa going Jungle just as theres a few outliers with mages going top such as Lissandra Swain and Vlad. Kindred can ONLY jungle.
: That might be a fair point, worth considering. If ADs didn't already have great waveclear on their own, I would say mages are picked because that is **their role**. Second, a team comp based entirely on AD is just unwise. So why not put your mage in bot lane? Because mages aren't viable. The reason? ADs are tons more competitive in mid by comparison because most ADs have better range and damage, and don't need a resource to outpoke. That alone makes AD waveclear good enough in the early game to set a mage behind. As a mage, the mid/late game waveclear **IS **the incentive, when set behind you can eventually catch up, **if **other lanes aren't hopelessly collapsed and the game is headed to fatality. The wave clear function is a temporary backstop that allows a losing lane a chance at redemption, leading to less snowball games and increased macro play.
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-19T02:26:12.239+0000) > > That might be a fair point, worth considering. If ADs didn't already have great waveclear on their own, They dont have good wave clear on their own. They have to buy items ( Stattik Shiv ). Same as Mages have good wave clear on their own but need mana to sustain it. ) > I would say mages are picked because that is **their role**. Second, a team comp based entirely on AD is just unwise. A team comp based entirely on AP is just unwise too. > So why not put your mage in bot lane? Because mages aren't viable. The reason? ADs are tons more competitive in mid If by competitive you mean pro play, there hasent been a single AD champ mid for the whole year. I dont even recall a mid AD champ being picked last year either. >by comparison because most ADs have better range and damage, Most ADs dont have better range. You're just talking. Show me what you mean who are you comparing. When you say better damage, Mages have better utility and items fall back easily giving you 2.3k health +++. Thats the trade off. ADCs dont ever get 2k health late game you'll see them at like 1.6-1.7. Let alone items like Zhonyas and Seraph giving you great survivability. > and don't need a resource to outpoke. That alone makes AD waveclear good enough in the early game to set a mage behind. By ''outpoke'' if you mean autos they actually do, its called rapid and stattik ( which i think is unhealthy ) but thats not an ADC problem thats just what the item is **made to do, out poke you for one auto**. Im not sure why you keep saying ADs have good wave clear when they need to buy items to have wave clear while mages inherently have wave clear in their kit. I get what you're saying. But a lot of it is bullshit. You're saying stuff that is opposite like ''adcs have wave clear'' No, they dont. Stattik shiv GIVES them wave clear. Mages actually have inherent waveclear.
: Have you noticed that most mages aren't really viable anywhere else but mid? I think you've missed the obvious here in that you don't see them played anywhere else. Gee, I wonder why???? I would posit its because mages are already constrained by resources, are very squishy, often immobile, and don't have dps on right click. I don' think you people have thought this through very far at all, and you're removing mages to a point that you would have to redesign every kit to make them viable somewhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Ponderss,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oYqIA0zf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T23:08:04.808+0000) > > Have you noticed that most mages aren't really viable anywhere else but mid? I think you've missed the obvious here in that you don't see them played anywhere else. Gee, I wonder why???? I would posit its because mages are already constrained by resources, are very squishy, often immobile, and don't have dps on right click. I don' think you people have thought this through very far at all, and you're removing mages to a point that you would have to redesign every kit to make them viable somewhere. And to say something you might find contentious, Marksmen dont have other places to go either. You see Caitlyn Xayah Sivir Ashe MF Varus in other lanes? Nope You see Quinn top? yeah but not bot lane, You see graves Jungle? Yeah but not bot lane. You see Talon and Zed top support jungle or bot? Nope, only mid. Mages arent that special. Stop treating them as if you were getting beat up while other roles are fine dining with steak.
: A reminder that these people think ADC players bitch an complain and that's why ADCs don't get nerfed, while there's barely any ADC players on these boards and you have these mage threads.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6rwATdE7,comment-id=0008000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2018-04-18T02:04:53.403+0000) > > A reminder that these people think ADC players bitch an complain and that's why ADCs don't get nerfed, while there's barely any ADC players on these boards and you have these mage threads. Theres probably 3 adc mains on the boards to the 150 mage mains. Its pretty obvious. Everyday someone is posting ''adc mains bitching'' yet i legitimately havent seen a single adc main ''bitch'' I feel bad for the boards but its too late now its just inexperience that they think assassins are better than mages. Mages bring Utility Damage Waveclear Safety Assassins bring nothing. No, not even damage because mid to late game comes they dont do their job anymore.
Marauwak (EUW)
: Another League of ADC buff.
> [{quoted}](name=Marauwak,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6rwATdE7,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-17T21:43:57.426+0000) > > Another League of ADC buff. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
: Why do you think Kayle mid sucks now? Because waveclear better than her. You realize **no one plays assassins at high elo?**
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6rwATdE7,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T22:22:44.202+0000) > > Why do you think Kayle mid sucks now? Because waveclear better than her. > > You realize **no one plays assassins at high elo?** You're getting down voted for telling the truth. Assassins are horrible in the mid lane. The boards are mage mains so obvious bias here.
: 5 seconds as a tank? Jesus man, how fed were you? I don't remember the last time I lasted 5 seconds in a full on 5v5 going full tank.
> [{quoted}](name=Zookeeper Sion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GGxF75Eq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-16T15:08:33.181+0000) > > 5 seconds as a tank? Jesus man, how fed were you? I don't remember the last time I lasted 5 seconds in a full on 5v5 going full tank. Probably playing the game wrong. A lot of people ( my new friend who plays Poppy does this all the time ), If you're a tank you dont just run in like an idiot. You take some damage and walk out. My friend engaged good but kept going in despite being targetted by 5 people. You DONT do that, you kite back. I see it happen every game almost.
Chortle (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hópe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Ov6feHE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T16:51:01.792+0000) > > I'd happily give up some Q waveclear or something for plant health. Or hit her passive I dont care. Those plants need fucking metal armor lol I think there should be room for both proper waveclear and plant health personally. It seems like Zyra has been a mess to balance though. RiotRepertoir even has hinted she might need a full rework. I don't know if that's necessarily the case, but most of her balance issues seem to come from the plants themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=Chortle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Ov6feHE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T17:14:15.628+0000) > > I think there should be room for both proper waveclear and plant health personally. It seems like Zyra has been a mess to balance though. RiotRepertoir even has hinted she might need a full rework. > > I don't know if that's necessarily the case, but most of her balance issues seem to come from the plants themselves. They should also give plants a minion execute. I hate losing CS because my plants left a minion at 1 hp lol Would buff Mid Zyra not support.
SmashinBob (EUNE)
: The whole reason of lulu or janna is to prevent deaths, if that surprises you then i really dont know what to say, except maybe dont go 1v2.
> [{quoted}](name=SmashinBob,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GT8Opl7W,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-16T17:06:52.806+0000) > > The whole reason of lulu or janna is to prevent deaths, if that surprises you then i really dont know what to say, except maybe dont go 1v2. Problem is they prevent deaths ''too good'' I play Janna a lot. Shes bullshit.
: Do you know what makes me feel like shit?
Yeah I mean When they nerf Janna and Lulu suddenly a lot of D5 players going to demote :xx
Chortle (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hópe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Ov6feHE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-16T16:37:53.235+0000) > > Sometimes I'll W-W-R and wonder where the fuck my plants went. They literally get 1 shotted by **anything**. Yeah, ulted plants feel almost more useless sometimes. Definitely not hitting the mark balance-wise
> [{quoted}](name=Chortle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Ov6feHE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T16:50:12.444+0000) > > Yeah, ulted plants feel almost more useless sometimes. > > Definitely not hitting the mark balance-wise I'd happily give up some Q waveclear or something for plant health. Or hit her passive I dont care. Those plants need fucking metal armor lol
Chortle (NA)
: Zyra has been a disappointment @RiotRepertoir
Sometimes I'll W-W-R and wonder where the fuck my plants went. They literally get 1 shotted by **anything**.
Bultz (NA)
: Ranged ADC shouldn't be able to go full AP
Problem isnt building full AP because thats burst and on an adc they wont have anything right after. The problem is the on-hit shit you get from Guinsoos and Nashors are excessive
Hibeki (NA)
: ADC can only 'solo carry' when their team allows them to.
> [{quoted}](name=Hibeki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5GyfKYze,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-04-16T05:36:09.504+0000) > > ADC can only 'solo carry' when their team allows them to. ADCs are just the most team reliant role its true. Even if you're 8-0 you wont be able to do much without your team ''enabling'' you too. Where as Rengar goes 3-0 and can always blow someone up without waiting for his team.
Mhihnj (EUW)
: he is talking about a recent lcs game statistics
> [{quoted}](name=Mhihnj,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0AggRQ5H,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2018-04-16T12:14:31.410+0000) > > he is talking about a recent lcs game statistics You mean Cherry picked games because i see a lot of mid laners doing atleast 30% of teams damage
: I honestly miss Faker
: Can we stop this "Better botlane wins meta"?
https://i.imgur.com/lPwcrqO.png ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
: Welcome To League of Legends Season 8!
> [{quoted}](name=JAAAAAAAAAAAAYCE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5GyfKYze,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-15T18:41:21.413+0000) > > Do you wanna make your team and enemy jealous of how good you are? Do you wanna climb the ladder in becoming the best league player!? Do you want to be able to join an eSports team for league and compete!? Well too bad because everyone does insane damage level 1 and unless youre an ADC or Jungler, your role dont matter one bit. Except the fact that ADCs find themself unable to do anything more often than not because they are the most team reliant role. So you getting mad that you cant ''solo carry'' while listing ''ADC'' ( a role thats the most team reliant ) doesnt really make sense :SS..
: As long as one champion is responsible for 80%+ of the damage in a game, then the rest of the players in that game are basically placeholders. Yes, a good tank and support will ultimately achieve victory, however a terrible ADC will instantly lose the game.
> [{quoted}](name=JustaNewb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0AggRQ5H,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-15T14:12:57.109+0000) > > As long as one champion is responsible for 80%+ of the damage in a game, then the rest of the players in that game are basically placeholders. Yes, a good tank and support will ultimately achieve victory, however a terrible ADC will instantly lose the game. What.......... How do you post this and get upvoted.. Your adc is doing 80%+ of the teams damage..? Holy shit.
: Every ADC main says we are on a Tank meta, mostly they are bitchin' about Darius... which is a Juggernaught.
> [{quoted}](name=WiegrafOfValor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JTQj3l2y,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-04-15T01:10:00.064+0000) > > Every ADC main says we are on a Tank meta, mostly they are bitchin' about Darius... which is a Juggernaught. No. No they don't.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hópe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1UbZdRKB,comment-id=00180009,timestamp=2018-04-11T22:46:10.796+0000) > > Has riot considered balance patches different for people under Diamond? > > So diamond + get a different patch than players Bronze 5 to Plat 1. Giving a different patch to people in lower elos is a bad idea. The difference between low level solo queue and high level solo queue is skill and game knowledge. In LCS, you have a team, which means you also have a higher amount of coordination. In duo, you can generally only communicate at a high level with your partner, and, especially at lower tiers, playing with randoms is just flipping a coin. I'd say that if anything, separate patches between queue types, with solo/duo being balanced differently from clash/flex. The effectiveness of champions like ryze can vary drastically depending on coordination, which is what leads to disparity between effectiveness. Even in this case, clash/flex should be balanced around optimised pro play, as it is the pinnacle of team play in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jon 678910,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1UbZdRKB,comment-id=001800090002,timestamp=2018-04-15T01:43:21.868+0000) > > Giving a different patch to people in lower elos is a bad idea. The difference between low level solo queue and high level solo queue is skill and game knowledge. In LCS, you have a team, which means you also have a higher amount of coordination. In duo, you can generally only communicate at a high level with your partner, and, especially at lower tiers, playing with randoms is just flipping a coin. > > I'd say that if anything, separate patches between queue types, with solo/duo being balanced differently from clash/flex. The effectiveness of champions like ryze can vary drastically depending on coordination, which is what leads to disparity between effectiveness. Even in this case, clash/flex should be balanced around optimised pro play, as it is the pinnacle of team play in the game. Our current balance system is shit so ill try a seperate balance over this garbage where ignite gets buffed because its not good in ''competitive''
: What do you think is "wrong" with League?
Balance decisions arent made in a smart manner. ( The ignite buffs were 100% unjustified because they also nerfed heal in the same patch yet used heal as the reason to buff ignite ?? ) Buffing Kha and Rengar despite seeing success shows you how blind Riots balance team is. Kha has to be the most frustrating Jungler to fight yet they dont play their own game so they dont see it. AP itemization gives AP champs too much survivability. I constantly see AP champs walking around with 3k health late game. Janna and Warwick not being addressed. Champs like Irelia and Aatrox being addressed over Pantheon and Nunu for Vgus. The creation of Zoe. Junglers constantly camping a lane with 0 punishment because catch up exp. Junglers should not have a bigger impact than laners on their lane. Losing tower because you died once. Baron being too easy to take. Jhins guinsoos not being fixed. Getting hit for 1200+ is beyond frustrating.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: -5 damage or +0.25 cooldown 🤔
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AHAR3kyn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-14T20:13:37.553+0000) > > -5 damage or +0.25 cooldown 🤔 The zoe special
: When is Warwick getting nerfed?
Never, 55% win rate is too low to Riot.
: "Everytime enchanters are meta in pro, Janna outclasses them"
I dont know where you got that quote from or who said it But i'd like you to include it in your body first so i dont take it out of context Second, Jannas win rate is absurd for her play rate. Competitive and solo queue is a different game. Just because something ISNT PICKED in competitive play, doesnt warrant allowing it to be busted in solo queue.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: If bot lane gets camped and the enemy has a small advantage early on what can yo do?
Bot lane is too decided by the jungler. It kinda sucks but you just gotta farm and literally play under tower, Wait for an opportunity.
: im going up post this video every time someone says warwick has no counterplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EooKwu9ETg8
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NXj8ZRMw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-14T03:21:50.757+0000) > > im going up post this video every time someone says warwick has no counterplay > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EooKwu9ETg8 You blew flash and Exhaust, Used a blast cone, Landed Q and W, And used Seraphs, And had Ardent Censor ( 8% movement speed ) and have finished boots He blew **Nothing** and has the 300g Boots The **fact that you are even posting this trying to prove something, worries me**.
: Ironically, i believe what your describing is not VO but SFX. Often called “efforts” these sound fx are frequently tied to animations (rather than the gameplay triggers VO is attached to) . BUT if you can be more specific it’s more helpful. —name exactly the champion, skin, the action she/he/it are taking that triggers the sound, and suggest potential solves (lower volume, lower frequency, or wrong performance). We do listen to this sort of feedback— and when we have bandwith adjust stuff (Unless something is already in a VGU)
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=v1gbixkd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-12T16:11:07.881+0000) > > Ironically, i believe what your describing is not VO but SFX. > Often called “efforts” these sound fx are frequently tied to animations (rather than the gameplay triggers VO is attached to) . > > BUT if you can be more specific it’s more helpful. —name exactly the champion, skin, the action she/he/it are taking that triggers the sound, and suggest potential solves (lower volume, lower frequency, or wrong performance). > > We do listen to this sort of feedback— and when we have bandwith adjust stuff (Unless something is already in a VGU) Pulsefire Caitlyn. My fiancee hesitates to use the skin after buying it because her voice lines occur way too frequently. I just asked him and he said ''Just farming a wave with auto attacks you will hear 6 different voice lines''
: but that's what the challenger said with a different wording
> [{quoted}](name=Abraxus follower,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vjIhJXKn,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-12T17:33:21.269+0000) > > but that's what the challenger said with a different wording You can sell a bag of pee if you advertise it right.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Je suis Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vjIhJXKn,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T19:25:21.514+0000) > . . > [{quoted}](name=Hópe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vjIhJXKn,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T19:49:47.991+0000) > > . Hey guys, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but there seems to have been a disagreement on this thread that resulted in throwing around some minor insults, inflammatory comments, rank talk, etc... all of which violate the [Golden Rule](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules). Let's make sure that when we have a disagreement, we stay respectful of others and leave our rank, main, accomplishments, and the like out of it. Thanks {{sticker:poppy-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vjIhJXKn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-12T15:44:35.638+0000) > > . > > Hey guys, > > I know I'm a bit late to the party, but there seems to have been a disagreement on this thread that resulted in throwing around some minor insults, inflammatory comments, rank talk, etc... all of which violate the [Golden Rule](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules). Let's make sure that when we have a disagreement, we stay respectful of others and leave our rank, main, accomplishments, and the like out of it. > > Thanks > > {{sticker:poppy-wink}} I mean yeah this asshole just came and started saying ''im challenger and you're shit stop bitching''
: How do I play against ezreal?
Ezreals extremely infuriating to fight
: Whenever neither team has a hyper scaling ADC I have genuine fun with the game
While Ezreal is a ''weaker'' adc i actually fucking hate him the most out of every adc. No ADC should be able to rush armor and still do damage. Watching an Ezreal land one Q and get a gold sack is beyond tilting.
: What happened to the "Pushing ADC's out of the dominant role" goal that Riot set this season?
> [{quoted}](name=Annie x Zoe Yuri,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MaOHaAPj,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-12T04:19:46.484+0000) > > > - No changes to ADC itemization yet > - No changes to crit > - No changes to sustain Heal cd nerfed fleetwork nerfed mastery page a speed nerfed tabi buffed back to 12% locket nerfs n changes upcoming, ap itemization buffed. Stattik shiv nerfed Are you trolling.
: To start off, you're 100% correct in expressing frustration when you feel the game **you** play is negatively impacted by balance decisions that are made focused on the highest levels of play. You're opinion is one that's certainly shared by a large group of players, but it's also only one of several of the demographics that make up our playerbase that we're trying to serve with both solo queue and the professional scene. Let me elaborate: Group A - Just wants to play League doesn't care about the pro scene Group B - Enjoys League, tunes in occasionally to watch the pro scene (usually for big things like playoff finals, MSI, Worlds) Group C - Enjoys League, watches LCS religiously (every weekend they make time to watch every game or atleast the games with their favorite teams. Group D - Used to play League, doesn't anymore, but still watches the LCS because they like the pro scene Group E - Never played League before, but I friend told them it was pretty cool and got them to watch a few games. *These groups are not all encompassing, but what I'm trying to outline is that the number of people that care about there being some amount of focus put on pro play balance is far greater than just the players that actually play professionally. Now, more direct to your point, I have a desire/goal for a future where we don't have to make as many changes to champions based on their performance in pro play nearly as much as we do now. Right now we're beset by two conflicting goals, we (Riot) really want pro play to be as exciting as possible, and professional teams really want to win, more or less regardless of the tactics. Why these conflict is that the path to victory is often one of min maxing for risk/reward - which manifests as choosing more generically strong champions with less pronounced weaknesses, and then out macroing the shit out of your opponent. Why choose Zed when you can pick Ryze who's proven to have far fewer weaknesses when playing in a low ping, highly coordinated environment as an example? In order to make Zed a more likely pick in pro, we'd likely need to buff him drastically to overcome his weaknesses/counterplay - which is a surefire way of putting him in crazy territory for our average solo queue warrior. Since that isn't really a great option, we need to find another way. We're currently putting some brainpower in how we could help shelter pro play from specific points of imbalance, letting us put less focus on pro play in regards to balance and focusing more on the regular game. It sucks to have your champion heavily nerfed, especially when it's for something you don't care about, we totally understand that, and ideally we can find a world where that can become less of a thing that we need to do. Potential avenues could be exploring changes to the drafting phase beyond 10 bans. There really isn't much to talk about yet though. At the end of the day we highly value League as a spectator sport, and we'll continue to make changes that we believe help achieve that. We just need to make sure we're doing our diligence when we're making big changes that could impact the way the players actually engage with the game and make sure the cost is worth it. I stand by our decision to remove trackers as an example, as I firmly believe the value in terms of "quality of game" we get both in pro and normal was worth the cost of removing that one item. To close off, we simply can't shackle ourselves by only making decisions that all players will find agreeable, as doing so would mean we should probably just stop making any meaningful changes to the game period, and that's not a world that I think we should be moving towards. ps - the archangels change is only archangels. Once it's upgraded to Seraph's you get the full 3% ap again. Right now it's simply too good as a rush item when it's intended to be more mid/late game scaling power spike.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1UbZdRKB,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-04-11T21:58:02.750+0000) > > To start off, you're 100% correct in expressing frustration when you feel the game **you** play is negatively impacted by balance decisions that are made focused on the highest levels of play. You're opinion is one that's certainly shared by a large group of players, but it's also only one of several of the demographics that make up our playerbase that we're trying to serve with both solo queue and the professional scene. Let me elaborate: > > Group A - Just wants to play League doesn't care about the pro scene > Group B - Enjoys League, tunes in occasionally to watch the pro scene (usually for big things like playoff finals, MSI, Worlds) > Group C - Enjoys League, watches LCS religiously (every weekend they make time to watch every game or atleast the games with their favorite teams. > Group D - Used to play League, doesn't anymore, but still watches the LCS because they like the pro scene > Group E - Never played League before, but I friend told them it was pretty cool and got them to watch a few games. > > *These groups are not all encompassing, but what I'm trying to outline is that the number of people that care about there being some amount of focus put on pro play balance is far greater than just the players that actually play professionally. > > Now, more direct to your point, I have a desire/goal for a future where we don't have to make as many changes to champions based on their performance in pro play nearly as much as we do now. Right now we're beset by two conflicting goals, we (Riot) really want pro play to be as exciting as possible, and professional teams really want to win, more or less regardless of the tactics. Why these conflict is that the path to victory is often one of min maxing for risk/reward - which manifests as choosing more generically strong champions with less pronounced weaknesses, and then out macroing the shit out of your opponent. Why choose Zed when you can pick Ryze who's proven to have far fewer weaknesses when playing in a low ping, highly coordinated environment as an example? In order to make Zed a more likely pick in pro, we'd likely need to buff him drastically to overcome his weaknesses/counterplay - which is a surefire way of putting him in crazy territory for our average solo queue warrior. Since that isn't really a great option, we need to find another way. We're currently putting some brainpower in how we could help shelter pro play from specific points of imbalance, letting us put less focus on pro play in regards to balance and focusing more on the regular game. It sucks to have your champion heavily nerfed, especially when it's for something you don't care about, we totally understand that, and ideally we can find a world where that can become less of a thing that we need to do. Potential avenues could be exploring changes to the drafting phase beyond 10 bans. There really isn't much to talk about yet though. > > At the end of the day we highly value League as a spectator sport, and we'll continue to make changes that we believe help achieve that. We just need to make sure we're doing our diligence when we're making big changes that could impact the way the players actually engage with the game and make sure the cost is worth it. I stand by our decision to remove trackers as an example, as I firmly believe the value in terms of "quality of game" we get both in pro and normal was worth the cost of removing that one item. To close off, we simply can't shackle ourselves by only making decisions that all players will find agreeable, as doing so would mean we should probably just stop making any meaningful changes to the game period, and that's not a world that I think we should be moving towards. > > ps - the archangels change is only archangels. Once it's upgraded to Seraph's you get the full 3% ap again. Right now it's simply too good as a rush item when it's intended to be more mid/late game scaling power spike. Has riot considered balance patches different for people under Diamond? So diamond + get a different patch than players Bronze 5 to Plat 1.
: Hiya Hópe! :) Do you happen to remember what you were doing at the time when they would overlap? Did you kill someone with a spell? Get a double-kill, triple-kill, or more? Use a Taunt/Joke/Dance/Laugh while attacking? Any other information would definitely be useful! Thank you~
> [{quoted}](name=Riot LoveStrut,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=BpWl1X3E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-11T19:48:14.607+0000) > > Hiya Hópe! :) > > Do you happen to remember what you were doing at the time when they would overlap? Did you kill someone with a spell? Get a double-kill, triple-kill, or more? Use a Taunt/Joke/Dance/Laugh while attacking? > > Any other information would definitely be useful! > > Thank you~ I cant directly remember but I'll play GGMF maybe tonight and see if it happens again. I was in base for the first time it was when i was swapping suits and she said 2 things at once, also once i was walking out of base it happened again. Im sorry i know this doesnt help i will post here again if it does.
Show more

Hópe

Level 98 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion