PhdVic (NA)
: 2 week ban for hacked account
Your ticket will reinforce your account login credentials, nothing more nothing less, as it is your own liability in not keeping the account safe, and there is no concrete proof for Riot that you aren't just making this up (not trying to suggest that you are, but keep in mind that you can't deny the existence of that possibility)
: Honor Rewards 2020: New Skins?
It doesn't need to fit in. Nor does it need to look good, since it's free. We can hope so though.
: No one knows my credentials though, I'm just extremely annoyed that this happened soon after riot implemented their new system and i was forced to change my username. I feel like if i was able to keep my old username this wouldn't of happened. Guessing there really isn't anything i can do is there?
> [{quoted}](name=AlphaUnicorn,realm=OCE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=mocqLvj8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T07:32:26.833+0000) > > No one knows my credentials though, I feel like if i was able to keep my old username this wouldn't of happened. > > Guessing there really isn't anything i can do is there? Neither of these things are something that either you or Riot Games can be 100% certain about. The only thing certain to both parties is that an individual or bot played on the account 'AlphaUnicorn' on the OCE server and was detected to have used third party programs. I'm not in any way trying to suggest that you are making uo your story, however the consequences make sense in response to the situation, as whilst you the rightful owner and creator of the account didn't use third party programs to create unfair odds of winning, an individual using your account did, and they are permabanning the account in order to prevent that individual from griefing the ranked experience of others. If they revoke your ban without concrete evidence and points as to why you should regain rights to usage of your account, others would attempt to make stories up in an attempt to get themselves unbanned, even if they might not be the truth, hence unfortunately there really isn't much you can do here other than posting a rant here at boards. I'd imagine that I would be really pissed off if my account was lost due to such an incident, and I haven't spent nearly as much time and money on this game as you. Unfortunately your realistic options right now would be to create a new account/go onto a smurf account and start over, or just quit the game entirely, as I doubt you'd be willing to give the time and energy to sue Riot Games, especially with such low success rate arguments (There was one case in China where a successful lawsuit regarding video game property was made, but that's for a video game character worth millions of investment that was accidentally auctioned on the in-game market by a friend, but it's China so it doesn't really count since apparently in there money is king)
pwc2016 (NA)
: WTF can you even do as ADC if every other lane feeds?
You play a 1v5 champ such as xayah or kaisa, who can self peel whilst also dealing massive damage And more importantly, it's not like there is any role that can carry whilst even, when your team is behind. It would be more unfair if an adc that goes even somehow manages to 1v5 the game, assuming that the enemy doesn't hard int and feed you. Checklist: Gold and XP Lead: Missing Peel from Teammates: Missing (Yasuo and Teemo don't provide defense, unlike a tank or a malzahar or even veigar) Scaling Advantage: Missing (It's a teemo that's behind, not a jax/tryndamere/kayle/nasus, and yasuo dying a lot early means that yasuo is bad and won't carry in the late game. More importantly, they have a Veigar) Team Comp: Horrible for reasons above. Master Yi is useless without kills and cs, especially not when there is no frontline As for 1v9 Ability - Self Peel: Non-existent. You have your W and E, but that's not good enough. Things such as Xayah R, Vayne RQ, Ezreal E and Kaisa E + R are much stronger. Steroid Ability: Non-existent. Unlike Xayah, Kaisa, Tristana and others, Cait doesn't have an on-demand damage boost. This is especially impactful when you don't even take Lethal Tempo, as it will result in a low DPS even with decent items provided that the enemies are fed. This doesn't mean that taking Lethal Tempo will solve your issues or even that it will have a positive effect given your playstyle, but what you need is good teammates Early Game Oppression: Lower than Draven, nor did you create an advantage with your long attack range. Don't say that their jungler ganked so you lost, because obviously vision control and wave manipulation would have helped in that regard. Note that this is easier said than done, but is still a mandatory procedure to not getting destroyed. This also scales with the skill level and champion type of your support, as even Draven cannot win in a 1v2 against an Ignite Leona whilst having xp being stolen, if lux throws her abilities backwards. You're not always going to have good teammates, but keep in mind that you also have your own bad games occasionally. And if it seems like your team always has more bad players than the enemy team, take into account the simple mathematics of your team having 4 people having a probability of x% of feeding/being afk/playing bad you get my point, whereas on the enemy team there are 5 people that have an x% chance to feed/afk, and so assuming that you don't become a liability to your team or at least not as often as the average player, and carry at a rate more frequent than the average player, you will find yourself gradually having a 55% or higher winrate.
: I got wrongly perma-banned for using third party programs. Please help
The thing is, there's no proof for Riot that what you say is the truth. For all we know, you could have payed for an elo booster that was scripting in your ranked games (not that I'm suggesting that you're lying, especially since nobody wants boosting in preseason of all times to do so, but there is no way to exclude that possibility) You shouldn't have account credentials easily accessible by others, even your family and friends, nor should they be easy to guess, in order to prevent such situations. Everyone knows this, yet easier said than done.
: How is this game so dead
Blame the fact that there's no ranked and blind draft URF ended recently.
: Very, very few players desire to experiment with champion builds.
Not happening since opgg already exists. You're intended to look for items on OPGG when you play a champion. Granted, nobody expects you to keep track of every single champion's potential build path, but when you play a champion, it is your fault if you don't know what to build or cannot build according to the situation of the game, excluding some really niche champions that don't opt for defenses and only have one build ever, none of which I am currently aware of given that lethality changes makes all archetypes of champions have multiple choices of items (even yorick can choose which defensive item he wants, and whilst his core is obviously less flexible than someone like Jhin, there are still intellectual choices that have to be made)
: Tips about getting camped in jungle and your camps stolen?
Vision Control and lane priority by laners to punish enemy junglers who enter your jungle. Or just do vertical jungling and try to avoid the enemy whilst taking your camps, since you scale better than them.
: 1) I'm going to opt out of because you don't understand the premise. 2) It's about REACHING the objectives, not about taking them. 5 Champions with 2 going to each turret with the strongest going to one alone will almost ALWAYS result in 1 lane's turret being lost. Even if you as the 4 man team kill 4 of 5, or even kill the 5th, the turret still gets lost, and you're still in your base, and by the time they ress, you're barely reaching their base, or a baron, etc. You literally have to ace them mid map to actually have any significant time to put and take objectives of THEIRS. No team comp can really counter this absolute, except a sole Teleporter, which would also require a minion wave to reach their side of the map from the opposing push (making the teleport almost meaningless). 3) Okay so that's a followup to the one I posted. However, it's STILL before all these changes to the system that I mentioned, and the pre 30 pools aren't even CLOSE to the same now. After they wrote this, they nerfed the champion shard values by 30%, they changed the absolute pre 30 drop pool, and removed mystery champion shards. All drastically reducing value: P.S. You're still ignoring the fact that pre conversion, they gave everyone 6.5 BE per 1 IP. Anyone who had IP sitting around for years STILL has enough BE to buy anything that comes out for BE, because the initial BE value is only 7800/6300, and they have hundreds of thousands of BE (I literally have friends who got 600k+ BE from the conversion. I got 180k, but that account is perma banned, so tough luck!) 4) No. Aram is just absolute unassigned matchmaking. It just takes the whole pool, no assigned value, and moshes them together.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w9XhfPAo,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-29T00:05:21.680+0000) > > 1) I'm going to opt out of because you don't understand the premise. > 2) It's about REACHING the objectives, not about taking them. 5 Champions with 2 going to each turret with the strongest going to one alone will almost ALWAYS result in 1 lane's turret being lost. Even if you as the 4 man team kill 4 of 5, or even kill the 5th, the turret still gets lost, and you're still in your base, and by the time they ress, you're barely reaching their base, or a baron, etc. You literally have to ace them mid map to actually have any significant time to put and take objectives of THEIRS. No team comp can really counter this absolute, except a sole Teleporter, which would also require a minion wave to reach their side of the map from the opposing push (making the teleport almost meaningless). > 3) Okay so that's a followup to the one I posted. However, it's STILL before all these changes to the system that I mentioned, and the pre 30 pools aren't even CLOSE to the same now. After they wrote this, they nerfed the champion shard values by 30%, they changed the absolute pre 30 drop pool, and removed mystery champion shards. All drastically reducing value: > > P.S. You're still ignoring the fact that pre conversion, they gave everyone 6.5 BE per 1 IP. Anyone who had IP sitting around for years STILL has enough BE to buy anything that comes out for BE, because the initial BE value is only 7800/6300, and they have hundreds of thousands of BE (I literally have friends who got 600k+ BE from the conversion. I got 180k, but that account is perma banned, so tough luck!) > > 4) No. Aram is just absolute unassigned matchmaking. It just takes the whole pool, no assigned value, and moshes them together. 2) again, my main point isn't that it's easy to win a 4v5, it's that the enemy team always has a higher chance of being in a 4v5 given that you never go afk, hence it doesn't remotely make sense for one to complain about losing because of 4v5, when in their lifetime there are more afks on the enemy team than on their own. 3) False. The original blue essence in the hextech crafting system is converted into the current BE at a 6.5:1 ratio, whereas IP is converted 1:1. The excess blue essence comes from runes, rune pages and the excess amount of champion shard disenchants. Source: https://www.riftherald.com/lol-guides/2017/9/20/16340466/influence-points-to-blue-essence-conversion-guide as well as my own memory 4) Go make a new account and troll for aram for 20 games, and play aram seriously on your main, and then go back to your 'smurf'. You'll notice that the opponents (and allies) are of drastically different skill levels. (cuz if you don't have friends who play aram and are willing to lend you your account, this is the best way for you to realize) Having 10 friends queuing up at the same time for ARAM doesn't mean that you're gonna get a 10 man 'custom game' that gives xp. You won't meet them, and the queue will take longer than 5 seconds.
: 1) I don't know how you missed this concept. Diamond is higher than average brain **functionality** not higher than average brain CAPACITY. Think of it like a computer. Diamond + players have adaptive processing functionality. They generally have the same amount or close to the same memory capacity as low elo players. (Brain memory only generally decreases over time, not increases, due to drugs, malnutrition, age, etc. We all start with the same base). And yes; people who already "know everything about the game" take longer to learn than a week; They just adapt quicker than the average PBE player. Master vs Master..... they still have a lot to learn. Futhermore, they have been known to forget and filter out parts of kits they don't play against often. If a pro is suddenly playing versus an Ivern; yes...... they sometimes forget what he can do. 2) Liabilities don't generally create objective openings to push objectives that often no matter what champions you are playing. They just ress too quickly. 3) I was around when it happened..... https://www.riftherald.com/lol-guides/2017/9/20/16340466/influence-points-to-blue-essence-conversion-guide Runes were 100 BE. 19,500 Quints were 300 BE 9,900 If you had 6 Rune pages; 9000 BE #If you had ~ 100,000 IP, you received 650,000 BE. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Jh3Mtzu6-board-post-title-blue-essence-earn-rates-learning-the-numbers-with-carl-and-henrietta ^ This was their argument after the BE system was released. They argued that THEN BE gain approximately equalled IP Gain. BUT....... After this announcement: -They slashed mystery champion chests -They reduced the BE gain from disenchanting a shard by 30%. -They reduced the XP gain at higher levels. -They reworked the level 1-30 Capsule gains and replaced some core levels with a choice between 3-6 pre-selectioned champions, of which Ahri and Darius are the only ones worth significant BE. 4) You're just proving you've NEVER PLAYED ARAM. The only reason you see few Masters/Diamonds and a low of Silvers is because SIlver players are 25 times as common in ARAM. If you play about 50 ARAMS on a silver account, I can 100% guarantee you will encounter Diamonds, maybe masters.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w9XhfPAo,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T15:43:13.179+0000) > > 1) I don't know how you missed this concept. Diamond is higher than average brain **functionality** not higher than average brain CAPACITY. Think of it like a computer. Diamond + players have adaptive processing functionality. They generally have the same amount or close to the same memory capacity as low elo players. (Brain memory only generally decreases over time, not increases, due to drugs, malnutrition, age, etc. We all start with the same base). > > And yes; people who already "know everything about the game" take longer to learn than a week; They just adapt quicker than the average PBE player. Master vs Master..... they still have a lot to learn. Futhermore, they have been known to forget and filter out parts of kits they don't play against often. If a pro is suddenly playing versus an Ivern; yes...... they sometimes forget what he can do. > > 2) Liabilities don't generally create objective openings to push objectives that often no matter what champions you are playing. They just ress too quickly. > > 3) I was around when it happened..... > https://www.riftherald.com/lol-guides/2017/9/20/16340466/influence-points-to-blue-essence-conversion-guide > > Runes were 100 BE. 19,500 > Quints were 300 BE 9,900 > If you had 6 Rune pages; 9000 BE > > #If you had ~ 100,000 IP, you received 650,000 BE. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Jh3Mtzu6-board-post-title-blue-essence-earn-rates-learning-the-numbers-with-carl-and-henrietta > > ^ This was their argument after the BE system was released. They argued that THEN BE gain approximately equalled IP Gain. BUT....... > > After this announcement: > -They slashed mystery champion chests > -They reduced the BE gain from disenchanting a shard by 30%. > -They reduced the XP gain at higher levels. > -They reworked the level 1-30 Capsule gains and replaced some core levels with a choice between 3-6 pre-selectioned champions, of which Ahri and Darius are the only ones worth significant BE. > > 4) You're just proving you've NEVER PLAYED ARAM. The only reason you see few Masters/Diamonds and a low of Silvers is because SIlver players are 25 times as common in ARAM. If you play about 50 ARAMS on a silver account, I can 100% guarantee you will encounter Diamonds, maybe masters. 1) You do not need to use high brain capacity to understand everything important about the game across all roles. In fact, it isn't even necessary to do so in low diamond. I can assure you that plenty of silver players know exactly what abilities every single champion has, as well as some of the more impactful passives (though stuff such as nasus having base lifesteal may be filtered out) 2) Yeah, you totally don't get hard feeding teammates, trolls or afks that heavily impact your chances of winning the game, and neither does the enemy team, right? No, duh. And what you're saying doesn't make sense, since different champions take objectives at different speeds (jhin vs tryndamere, maokai vs urgot etc) 3) https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/hAaYMrEs-leveling-and-rewards-early-impressions-and-adjustments 4) You're just proving that you don't even get the concept of matchmaking. Being master tier in SR doesn't mean anything in ARAM, as the elos are entirely different. The more games you play on ARAM, the more experienced and good your opponents are at the game given that you have a positive winrate, just like how regular summoners rift matchmaking works. There's an elo rating that isn't as visible as your ~~shiny bronze~~ rank in ARAM. And high elo players generally don't play ARAM much, hence their ARAM elo isn't as high as SR MMR, making it possible to encounter high ranked SR players even at low ARAM elo. If you actually used accounts of other people before, you'd find that playing ARAM or normals on your account compared to theirs is vastly different given that both of you have at least 50 games on the queue.
: Solutions for Trolls in Ranked
I think the fact that you, or anyone in fact, that is not a new player that only plays bots or has some sort of disability, has some severe problems if you are queued up with and against Iron players. Also, it is indeed easy to get out of iron assuming that you actually are better than iron players, meaning that you never become a liability to your team by afk'ing, trolling or heavily feeding, since excluding yourself, there are 4 players on your team that could potentially ruin your team's odds of winning, whilst on the enemy team there are 5 that could do so, meaning that there is a 25% higher chance of the enemy team losing due to horrible teammates, hence there is no excuse for 'I can't get out of Iron after 100 games' unless you actually have some sort of disability, and even if you are disabled it isn't impossible to get out of Iron. In fact, there are people with only one hand that reach diamond.
: want to counter-argument a little. 3) I would rather argue that it's a sign that the sheer amount of decisions added to the game over time have begun to challenge a human brain's average capacity to adapt and adjust and internalize it all. Not only do we have real lives, we're being expected to use our entire core capacity just to play this game at high skill brackets, and 60-70% at low brackets. Imagine working 56 hour work weeks and trying to maintain Diamond play with 5-6 new champions a year, and about 110 adjustments to other champions per year, and a series of map and item changes per year. There's a reason streamers at high elo are so gifted and often on pro teams: They live this game as their career, and earn a living off sponsorship. This game = their work. Aphelios has at least 125 unique different combinations of skill interaction. How long do you think it will take already overtaxed players to learn how to counterplay it, versus the time it will take players who play him to master it? I'm willing to wager that by the time they do, we'll already have 2 new champions we're dealing with. 7) I'm a comeback king. I've drawn 4v5 games out to 45+ minutes. You know how many I won? Maybe 1 in 50. Why? Because death respawn timers, objectives, etc, are not friendly to the 4. You can go 29/1 and the other team will still be up enough to stonewall your push. In the meantime, all they have to do is throw suicide pushes at 2-3 different turrets at once, and you just can't keep it up. 1 of 3 will fall, because your 2 successful carries aren't at that one. You basically have to have a resetting Akali or Kat or a Yasuo on your team to 4v5 and win. Someone who can kill someone, turn around and be reset for the next kill. 9) Everyone agrees that is subjective, but we've seen legitimate flubars by Riot in champ balance reworks. Exponential AD gain Jhin. 10% per 100 AP scaling Galio WIngs. 1 skill kill old Mordekaiser. With the exception of the Galio (which turned out to be a decimal typo), these problems are generally caused by substantial evidence that Riot simply isn't versed in game theory, and no longer attempts to evaluate how a game change affects all other game variables, until players get to playtest them. It's far less expensive to just let the changes through, and let players conduct the studies, given that players understand the environment they are going to be playing in. When Riot buffed {{item:3151}} to max HP 1.5-3%, they weren't thinking about Mordekaiser's Ult. They were thinking that "Most Liandry champs are underperforming and falling under 50%. It's easier to address the item, than to review and buff some 20-30 champions." It's easy to give a developer the benefit of the doubt of being better custodians of a product, and diminutize the influence of the customers. In reality, development is full of holes, and often done by specialized people whose objective isn't balance, but sales. In many cases, seniority hiring actually reduces the skill base as well. I can give you an example. I have worked as an Ink Technician for a paper product company for the last ~ 1 1/2 years. We are the largest producer of boxes, fast food cups, and various other containers in the world. When I got into the ink shop, and began reviewing their color formulas on our ink dispenser, I was astonished with what I found. Most recipes introduced to the dispenser between 2011 and 2018 were horribly flawed, did not follow a Pantone Matching System standard, and at least 25% of active production recipes weren't even passing spectral analysis, much less visual tests. There was no established system (and still isn't) to regulate control of these recipes, and the source we were getting our recipes had people on their payroll who literally wanted to add "Green and Purple" to every recipe. When those people were moved, the recipes were NOT corrected. Over time, in between putting out 100+ containers every 12 hours (some 4000 lbs of ink a day), I've managed to rework and 0 in some 340 recipes of 1344 to less than a DE of .7 or less. But bottom line: for 7+ years, my employer was actually issuing products that did not meet their consumer specs....... and got away with it (usually)..... and management didn't know anything about it! 10. You do realize we used to get BE for a win. Every game. The rate of acquisition is now about 1/45 of what it was before Hextech Chests and added Mystery Champion boxes, even though there's more champs etc. Also, when they abolished runes, people instantly got 400k + Blue essence from refund of runes. You can work for 4- 5 years right now and not have 400k Blue essence. 11. ARAM is MMR neutral..... Diamonds are put together with Bronzes...
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w9XhfPAo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-27T17:48:47.623+0000) > > want to counter-argument a little. > > 3) I would rather argue that it's a sign that the sheer amount of decisions added to the game over time have begun to challenge a human brain's average capacity to adapt and adjust and internalize it all. Not only do we have real lives, we're being expected to use our entire core capacity just to play this game at high skill brackets, and 60-70% at low brackets. Imagine working 56 hour work weeks and trying to maintain Diamond play with 5-6 new champions a year, and about 110 adjustments to other champions per year, and a series of map and item changes per year. > > There's a reason streamers at high elo are so gifted and often on pro teams: They live this game as their career, and earn a living off sponsorship. This game = their work. > > Aphelios has at least 125 unique different combinations of skill interaction. How long do you think it will take already overtaxed players to learn how to counterplay it, versus the time it will take players who play him to master it? I'm willing to wager that by the time they do, we'll already have 2 new champions we're dealing with. > > 7) I'm a comeback king. I've drawn 4v5 games out to 45+ minutes. You know how many I won? Maybe 1 in 50. Why? Because death respawn timers, objectives, etc, are not friendly to the 4. You can go 29/1 and the other team will still be up enough to stonewall your push. In the meantime, all they have to do is throw suicide pushes at 2-3 different turrets at once, and you just can't keep it up. 1 of 3 will fall, because your 2 successful carries aren't at that one. > > You basically have to have a resetting Akali or Kat or a Yasuo on your team to 4v5 and win. Someone who can kill someone, turn around and be reset for the next kill. > > 9) Everyone agrees that is subjective, but we've seen legitimate flubars by Riot in champ balance reworks. Exponential AD gain Jhin. 10% per 100 AP scaling Galio WIngs. 1 skill kill old Mordekaiser. With the exception of the Galio (which turned out to be a decimal typo), these problems are generally caused by substantial evidence that Riot simply isn't versed in game theory, and no longer attempts to evaluate how a game change affects all other game variables, until players get to playtest them. It's far less expensive to just let the changes through, and let players conduct the studies, given that players understand the environment they are going to be playing in. When Riot buffed {{item:3151}} to max HP 1.5-3%, they weren't thinking about Mordekaiser's Ult. They were thinking that "Most Liandry champs are underperforming and falling under 50%. It's easier to address the item, than to review and buff some 20-30 champions." > > It's easy to give a developer the benefit of the doubt of being better custodians of a product, and diminutize the influence of the customers. In reality, development is full of holes, and often done by specialized people whose objective isn't balance, but sales. In many cases, seniority hiring actually reduces the skill base as well. > > I can give you an example. I have worked as an Ink Technician for a paper product company for the last ~ 1 1/2 years. We are the largest producer of boxes, fast food cups, and various other containers in the world. When I got into the ink shop, and began reviewing their color formulas on our ink dispenser, I was astonished with what I found. Most recipes introduced to the dispenser between 2011 and 2018 were horribly flawed, did not follow a Pantone Matching System standard, and at least 25% of active production recipes weren't even passing spectral analysis, much less visual tests. There was no established system (and still isn't) to regulate control of these recipes, and the source we were getting our recipes had people on their payroll who literally wanted to add "Green and Purple" to every recipe. When those people were moved, the recipes were NOT corrected. Over time, in between putting out 100+ containers every 12 hours (some 4000 lbs of ink a day), I've managed to rework and 0 in some 340 recipes of 1344 to less than a DE of .7 or less. > > But bottom line: for 7+ years, my employer was actually issuing products that did not meet their consumer specs....... and got away with it (usually)..... and management didn't know anything about it! > > 10. You do realize we used to get BE for a win. Every game. The rate of acquisition is now about 1/45 of what it was before Hextech Chests and added Mystery Champion boxes, even though there's more champs etc. > > Also, when they abolished runes, people instantly got 400k + Blue essence from refund of runes. You can work for 4- 5 years right now and not have 400k Blue essence. > > 11. ARAM is MMR neutral..... Diamonds are put together with Bronzes... 3. You're not meant to even be in Diamond in the first place if you don't have such brain capacities. It's not like players who already know everything about the game will take more than a week to adapt to any given patch, excluding midseason and preseason which still take less than a month even if you only play once per day. Nobody cares about clarity on Vi's abilities or a slightly higher mana cost for Braum Q, as long as we know about the larger changes, such as that of Annie Q. Unlike the elderly, the target age range for all video games that have esports consists of human beings that have well functioning brains that can adapt and learn. Otherwise, nobody would pass college. 7. There are champions that can make comebacks, and others that can't. If you're playing Zillean, Ivern or early game champions such as Pantheon, obviously you can't get a comeback easily even if you have a noticable gold lead, whereas if you're playing Veigar, Jax or a good scaling champions whilst the enemy scales poorly, you have a considerably large chance to win even with a 5000 gold defecit as long as you win fights or get miracle steals and outmacro to get towers. However, my main point of the enemy team being more likely to have a liability than your own team remains as my key point, hence there's no point in whining as total LP gained by such scenarios often outweigh the LP loss overall. 10. False, there's an actual graph by Riot on BE gains compared to IP for each game, when the system converted to BE only. 11. False. Your summoner's rift rank is completely irrelevant to your ARAM or Blind Pick MMR, as they are seperate systems. Your ARAM MMR climbs the same way your normal game MMR does, as obviously new players won't be facing diamond players playing normals. SR rank doesn't reflect ARAM MMR, maybe the diamond player in aram playing with bronzes just doesn't play ARAM much, resulting in a low MMR for them.
: Well, time to change game
1. That's how video games work, you don't deal single digit damage in multiplayer games 2. False, you are just more likely to become useless. A kalista or anivia that playes decently can beat a bad kaisa or ryze. And don't get me started about one tricks. 3. You losing track of strategy is a sign of you being worse. Strategies established in previous seasons don't always work, they often change. Different is not equal to worse. 4. This is subjective. To many, rito games 'fixed' the boringness of support, and it can be argued that support was always f***ed up. 5. Have you not seen the throws? Comebacks are real when they are on the enemy's side. (Seriously, you can lose the game if you get aced even with a 6000 gold lead. Also, if comebacks were easy to do, early leads would be meaningless, which is worse for the game) 6. I agree that username change sucks. For me, I just added 'riotsucks' after my username (so username: randOmuserNamE4937481389148379riotsucks) 7. It is fair, and is good for the game. Think of it this way: the enemy team has 5 players with an x% chance to feed/afk/troll, whilst your team has 4 players with an x% chance to feed/afk/troll excluding yourself, so if you aren't a feeder, troller or afk'er, the enemy team is 20% more likely to have a feeder/troller/afk than your team. And no, you can't threaten your premade to go afk just so that you don't lose LP. 8. All roles can carry a losing lane alone. It's not about CAN or CANNOT, it's about HOW LIKELY, and the answer is no, it isn't easy to 1v5 or 1v9 a game. Carrying, however, is still highly probable. 9. Subjective. I'd bet that you know less about game balance and game design than actual riot employees though. By how much? that's another discussion XD 10. Do you mean too much or too little? If you purchase literally every champion you are slightly interested in, it's your fault that you don't have enough BE. Should have used RP for champs, or have smurfs since all accounts get +6300 BE from 10th anniversary. If it's too much BE that's bothering you, there are Essence Emporiums in which you can spend your BE, and there's also bragging rights for having 8 digit amounts of BE (if you even have that many) 11. That's because the system judges your skill level to be as bad as the bots. Get good with an above 80% wr and you shall start to see fewer and fewer games that have even a single bot in it. The MMR in non-ranked modes are less strict in matchmaking, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Stop being delusional and thinking that you could even reach platinum 4, when you're barely on gold after multiple seasons of ranked.
datfatguy (OCE)
: Why is full build so rare now
~~Would you rather have tank meta with meaningless objectives that prolong the game to 70 minutes in worlds finals? Look no further than Season 6~~
: What's your League of Legends Dream Team?
If it's the Worlds Patch and not frikin Preseason: Top: {{champion:58}} Jungle: {{champion:60}} Mid: {{champion:3}} ADC: {{champion:498}} Support: {{champion:497}} For Preseason: Top: {{champion:82}} JG: {{champion:79}} Mid: {{champion:157}} ADC: {{champion:51}} Support: {{champion:25}} For Pro Season 10: Top: {{champion:10}} Jungle: {{champion:246}} Mid: {{champion:13}} ADC: {{champion:145}} Support: {{champion:111}}
Yenn (NA)
: Jungle cannot be allowed to have this much negative impact over the game
that's just because assassin junglers and gank or starve junglers (aka lee sin) are prone to being useless when falling behind, which makes their role as said champion type more challenging. Other types of junglers, such as teamfighters like zac and sejuani (who aren't in the meta) and powerfarm objective taking junglers such as nocturne aren't ass suceptible to being useless for the remainder of the game. There's also many ways for high MMR junglers to relieve counter jungling pressure such as vertical jungling, with counter jungling being less effective in the long term due to shorter camp respawn times in the preseason. And obviously junglers do have an impact, as otherwise they would be replaced by duo top or some other weird strategy, especially in low elo where games are bloody. Riot is already giving less incentive to pick squishy carry junglers since ganking has a higher opportunity cost and they don't scale well by powerfarming.
Rioter Comments
SennaArdent (EUNE)
: Omnistone
> [{quoted}](name=SennaArdent,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Xc1Jst67,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:16:54.393+0000) > > **For me** Omnistone is useless rune. It's like saying that lethal tempo is useless on mages (excluding azir XD) You're not meant to use it on pyke, you're meant to use it on champions that can use many keystones effectively (most importantly grasp of the undying, electrocute and press the attack must be easy to proc) So Quinn, Kennen, and any ranged vs melee would want omnistone (including corki mid vs melee) and eventually get predator in a shorter time frame than usual, since predator can be used for chunking people, roaming, returning to lane (not optimal but possible) and more. It's unfortunate that spellbook can't be used with omnistone though.
Zawaka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HKT Saber,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I41Evgwv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-23T05:44:03.649+0000) > > To be fair tho, by getting cloud drake you deny the enemy team from being able to kite udyr as hard, and it also helps your team to some extent. It's not like you can't sneak a solo drake anyways, and making elder dragon spawn earlier can be beneficial for you since udyr is the strongest at taking large objectives. yeah but your doubly hurting yourself for 10%(multiplicitive) ult cdr( aka about 5.4% if the person has 40% cdr and less with ultimate hunter(down to around only 3% with fully stacked ultimate hunter) so you take dragon spending time not farming for a minor buff for your team so you get no benifit and you LOST GOLD because you stopped farming to take dragon. so its the double whammy.
> [{quoted}](name=Zawaka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I41Evgwv,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-11-23T06:05:40.154+0000) > > yeah but your doubly hurting yourself for 10%(multiplicitive) ult cdr( aka about 5.4% if the person has 40% cdr and less with ultimate hunter(down to around only 3% with fully stacked ultimate hunter) > > so you take dragon > spending time not farming for a minor buff for your team > > so you get no benifit and you LOST GOLD because you stopped farming to take dragon. > > so its the double whammy. Pretty sure that champions such as xayah or kaisa, and all supports, would want more ult cd reduction. It's not like ocean drake benefits anyways, so there's not much difference. It's not like old cloud drake was good on karthus anyways XD
Zawaka (NA)
: Any chance we could see cloud dragon do ANYTHING for udyr?
To be fair tho, by getting cloud drake you deny the enemy team from being able to kite udyr as hard, and it also helps your team to some extent. It's not like you can't sneak a solo drake anyways, and making elder dragon spawn earlier can be beneficial for you since udyr is the strongest at taking large objectives.
: Warwick has a 55% winrate and a healthy 5% pickrate
He's strong only because new jg xp and dragons are overtuned. They will only nerf him specifically after they tone down the power of the dragons, since his winrate increase comes from his ability to sneak a solo dragon as well as clear speed.
: LCK News unrelated to Griffin!
There's no official announcement on T1 buying out TheShy. It's mainly fan rumors and I doubt they would invest that much when they couldn't even keep Clid. Currently Free Agent Top Laners that are actually good and speak Korean: Duke, GimGoon, Khan (they can always resign), Cuvee, Smeb So they won't unnecessarily buy out a player when talent is so stacked. Unfortunately Kiin resigned with AF though
: How should Senna get nerfed?
The thing with senna is that she doesn't feel like a scaling champion despite the stack system. Making obtaining stacks harder, such as needing 3 attacks instead of 2 to enemy champs, or nerfing her early game through stats such as base hp regen/base mana regen would work. Though rito games usually just increases mana cost or something, like every other support in the game
: I don't like league anymore
Correction: Nobody likes league People just play it because they're addicted and want that shiny ranked border, or just have fun playing with friends/expressing skill by stomping others
R0XTAR (NA)
: We have diasbled transfers while we prepare for the end of the TFT Ranked season.
> [{quoted}](name=R0XTAR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Vm5qEsck,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-13T12:24:14.898+0000) > > We have diasbled transfers while we prepare for the end of the TFT Ranked season. no i mean use another account that's on another server. like opening my euw account.
Rioter Comments
: > you have to risk trading an uneven amount of damage so u can JUST proc the damn rune you get a CHANCE at a rune that will be usefull for the next trade If you lose the trade while having a Keystone proc available, there's a problem somewhere else. And if there's a lot of Keystones you really can't benefit from, then once again, you should simply not take Omnistone. This isn't intended to be usable by everyone, and neither should it be. But some champs can use it effectively. > that is definitely NOT the shortest CD out of any rune... for example Hail of Blades, PTA, Conq, Grasp, Lethal Tempo, and a couple more Yeah OK, my bad, I was too categoric. Still, Omnistone means you can potentially start a trade with PTA and then got a proc of Electrocute at the end of the same trade. 8 s is not literally "the" shortest, but it's still damn short compared to a lot of other CDs that you CAN get through it.
> [{quoted}](name=SirEnds,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O24WKrIP,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-08T16:34:42.464+0000) > > i dont want to continue this arguement so im going to stop after this post but im just saying no champion can use all runes reliably and effectively so thats why this rune is complete garbage. {{champion:133}} PTA, Lethal Tempo, Fleet Footwork, Aery, Comet, Phase Rush, Grasp, Aftershock, Electrocute, Predator, Dark Harvest, Spellbook and Glacial Augment are all strong on her Guardian, Spellbook, Dark Harvest and Conqueror Seem to be unavailable on the keystone, hence she can utilise all of them effectively in the right situation
: If you can effectively use all of them, you would get more keystone procs per minute than say just running electrocute.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Scruffy,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Ame5swsG,comment-id=00150001,timestamp=2019-10-22T17:15:36.029+0000) > > If you can effectively use all of them, you would get more keystone procs per minute than say just running electrocute. But then how does it work with things like dark harvest, grasp HP increase and unsealed spellbook? The only way I see it actually being viable would be to have some changes for the late game since otherwise mages would be stuck with press the attack, and everyone would be stuck on grasp of the undying. Otherwise the only champions that would use this are adcs that can't utilize lethal tempo well, and maybe Corki.
Sn4ke (OCE)
: Fun Champions
It depends on whether you want a challenge from mastering a champion (GP, ASol, Bard, Ivern), from having a fun and satisfying kit (Zoe, Neeko, Kai'sa, Fiora, Ivern) or simply trying to chill and relax (Heimerdinger, Ivern, APMalphite)
W4RMAGE (NA)
: New vs Old champions event
it takes a lot of time, tech and programming to implement or revive the old champions, to be without bugs, so no.
Mcmxcix (NA)
: 10th Anniversary
I'd imagine that a free random skin permanent would be much better than having another poro icon. Then again, that won't happen unless it's some mission reward from a gamemode such as the re-release of ARURF, One For All (Neeko! Yuumi!) or Nexus Blitz. To be fair though, the best thing that Rito could do would be to have regular URF on the 10th Anniversary
OutlawRo (EUNE)
: Why doesn't Riot just put back oracle's elixir to make facing akali a bit less frustrating.
> [{quoted}](name=OutlawRo,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HIcwdjTE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-15T10:52:36.348+0000) > > As much as i like playing akali, is a complete pain in the behind to face her no matter what I pick. probably i'm a garbage player but still this would make her less frustrating to face. {{champion:86}} {{champion:240}} > > Edit: Why is she strong in literally every stage of the game? she can oneshot anyone in early in midgame and in late game, there is no weak point post lvl 6 on her. Imagine if Yasuo would be strong in every point of the game. Unless the akali player is garbage you can hardly win a trade against her in any point of the game. This isn't right. Her weak point is when she doesn't have ult, and pre-6. She also needs to be fed or to have farmed considerably well to oneshot primary carries, and can't really deal with bruisers. Twilight shroud is strong, but other assassins also have some form of safety, do much better in the early game, or have an ult that's stronger than Akali's ({{champion:107}} {{champion:246}} )
: > [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Biui0sUg,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-12T11:59:09.600+0000) > > Marksmen traditionally just sit in the backline and auto attack their enemies to death, prime examples being cait and ashe. > > Non-traditional marksmen usually involve some other mechanic such as being close ranged (graves, jayce, ect) or being massively spell based like ezreal is. What does spell based mean?
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Biui0sUg,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T12:01:05.829+0000) > > What does spell based mean? their main source of dmg/dps is spells, not basic attacks, so MF and Ezreal.
cheex919 (NA)
: new doran's item?
There's already the customizable rune stats, as well as hail of blades/lethal tempo. And yeah, what the other person said, it got scrapped.
: Explain to me Camille vs Teemo
Explain to me, why are you playing teemo when Quinn and Heimerdinger exist?
: I really feel like mordekaiser has a very limited window of weakness
His window of weakness is when he misses his E, as he needs to land two basic attacks + Q to get his passive up. As long as you sidestep the Q, it is manageable in higher elos and trading isn't hard. His niche is that he is a manaless juggernaut that can dish out damage while being tanky with W, giving him lots of sustain whilst having high base damage to deal with most champions in the top lane effectively. His kit requires him to either stomp lane or be outscaled hard by most top laners except teemo, which actually makes his fairly easy to deal with as a champion, unlike other BS such as frostmancy Karma Top. He's balanced fairly well under the assumption that players try to dodge his abilities, since his kit does not allow him to function in the late game without his ultimate, which can be negated by QSS. TLDR go in when he used his Q on the wave, dodge the E, make him pop his shield, and repeat. If you don't dodge the E and Q, his passive procs in a second. If you dodge both of them, it takes 2.6 seconds since his attack speed is pretty damn crappy, which is enough time for most top laners to use all their abilities and combo (unless you're tryndamere, which then your crits are your spells)
Vanra (NA)
: Defense against Rengar
Your teammates (including you) kill rengar after he plays like a dum dum and jumps onto 1 of you. One of you dying is inevitable, but that's a 5 second window where rengar doesn't do much damage without abilities or ferocity. Do not splitpush, unless you're someone like garen/nasus/urgot that aint afraid of rengar jumping towards you and can instead murder him if he does that.
Rioter Comments
: Tahm Kench in top lane is filthy
His late game is terrible compared to other top laners, excluding maybe teemo, with his only good point being the map mobility in the form of his long cd ultimate. In teamfights he is no better than a regular Tahm Kench support that is slightly more tankier.
: > [{quoted}](name=HKT Saber,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MstMb4I0,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T02:02:05.429+0000) > > He's not meant to be a late game champion. You either snowball early or you reap the consequences of picking an early game champion. At least you're still a bit more useful than pantheon in the late game... Oh so you seem to think Darius is still good early game, aha thats cute
> [{quoted}](name=5StackUltOneShot,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MstMb4I0,comment-id=000c000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:06:14.723+0000) > > Oh so you seem to think Darius is still good early game, aha thats cute He is meant (and designed) to serve such a purpose, hence why his damage on the ability that he max first, hence during laning phase, is buffed. The buff is meant to make him good early game again. Riot designed Darius to be an early game champion with strong teamfighting if there is enough setup, hence the '5 armor buff' is gained by telling players to learn to get an early game lead so that you can get enough resistances to not get deleted. Any stronger buff and Iron tier and Bronze will be dominated by Darius since people don't know how to focus threats one by one in low TLDR get good so that you don't get hardstuck D4 0 LP. And stop watching Hashinshin for knowledge since he's only challenger level at mechanics, not on game knowledge or playstyle.
: Yuumi Abilities
THIS SCREAMS FUNNEL META 3.0
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=stoyo8,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MstMb4I0,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T02:21:39.188+0000) > > darius isn't exactly early game champion when he is bullied by a bunch of top laners (yorick, kled, urgot, gnar, teemo, quinn, vayne, pantheon, kennen, renekton, riven, ). > > Darius's kit also screams team figthing juggernaut. AOE ability that rewards you for hitting more people by increasing heal. AOE pull. Resetable ultimate that does true damage. > And he stinks at split-pushing. He is intended to be a lane bully, which is the reason why he is buffed so that he can keep up with other strong lane bullies such as urgot and renekton. What his kit screams is team fighting juggernaught, hence knowledge of when it is ok to flank will be needed. Riot is buffing his laning and not his teamfighting as the main focus because if you get a lead you will naturall...y have easier teamfights, and if you don't, you have to play really well to get bleed stacks and damage off before you get focused down and die. And no, having early game champions that are better than you in the early game doesn't mean you're not an early game champion. You can't say Lucian isn't an early game adc just because Draven is better in the first 8 minutes...
: > [{quoted}](name=HKT Saber,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MstMb4I0,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-04-25T12:50:48.982+0000) > > They're buffing Darius's Q damage so that he can keep up with the other buffed early game top laners such as Renekton. Making lane bullies better also threatens the existence of ap top laners such as Ryze, Akali and Vladimir, without impacting their mid lane power. But Im dying in 1 second :(
> [{quoted}](name=5StackUltOneShot,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MstMb4I0,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-04-25T12:52:48.189+0000) > > But Im dying in 1 second :( He's not meant to be a late game champion. You either snowball early or you reap the consequences of picking an early game champion. At least you're still a bit more useful than pantheon in the late game...
: Riot about the Darius buffs
They're buffing Darius's Q damage so that he can keep up with the other buffed early game top laners such as Renekton. Making lane bullies better also threatens the existence of ap top laners such as Ryze, Akali and Vladimir, without impacting their mid lane power.
: Yasuo is Unhealthy for the Game
The playerbase will eventually realise that Yasuo isn't strong. Making that happen isn't the responsibility of riot. Heck, at this point in time I'm more afraid of an incomptent Yasuo on my team than a good enemy Yasuo. The champion just isn't good since it tries to do everything a top laner does, but worse, and is an ad champion, threatening the possibility of full ad comps.
: If SILVERS cannot Duo with PLATINUMS, WHY are they queued AGAINST ONE OTHER?
It's to prevent people from playing at a great difference in MMR gap. There are exceptions such as pros in low elo and high elo players occasionally having a really low MMR, but it stops most of the problem, as it is rare for Iron players to be in Diamond elo. Oh, and yes it exists. Here's the youtube link with timestamp to opgg just because I don't feel like taking a screenshot. https://youtu.be/MQ4r2ybRxWU?t=17
: Mission Objective: "With a 5-man premade..."
I know its over already and I'm late in saying this but Rito wants people to bring back their friends to league because they know the game is dying {{champion:17}}
: Laughing Fish’s Birthday Spectacular: Come and get your free skins!
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/952977946550041709/F1524BB462E4146F6031CCA7F5539A41DE6A3BA2/
Rioter Comments
GigglesO (NA)
: No Defense = Poor Gameplay
No No Don't bring back League of Stopwatch by suggesting defense mechanisms other than buffing tank items Jokes aside though, the problem of damage always being better only exists in low elo. In Diamond III + usually a good teamfight composition with a balance of CC, tankiness and mixed damage is better than one with pure damage, and in premades the same can be said assuming that there is coordination in the use of abilities. Tanks being bad in Solo Queue doesn't mean they need buffs in coordinated play (Note that I say coordinated play and not pro play so pls no flame) since they do well as a strategic pickup. Edit: didn't realise you were D4 0LP and hardstuck D5. Submit to the wise words of LS and play Annie to get gud, or if you want to then stay at low Diamond. I'm not Diamond so I can't really judge you but maybe don't play x champion if you have a losing streak on them.
Show more

HKT Saber

Level 100 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion