Ifneth (NA)
: Show Your Support For Lady Rioters Here
I was unhappy to read that the sexist culture was leading to female employees being unfairly excluded from being considered for promotions or advancement in the company. Especially the one woman who had taken on her former manager's responsibilities for the better part of a year, was slated to take the job, and then refused a superior's sexual advances at a party and was later fired instead. And this happened just last year.
CLG ear (NA)
: what are some of your favorite bad movies
Bite 2015 Horror "A seemingly harmless bite transforms a young woman (Elma Begovic) into an insect-like creature that needs human flesh for her eggs."
Rioter Comments
: Steam Games that are hidden gems?
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
: how to get literally every loser in GD involved in your thread
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I Just Cried So Hard Right Now-- I Have to Share This, I'm So... Guys!
: I'm sorry to tell you, but I don't think anyone cares if you're a girl, or that you want private entities to adhere to your incredibly strict language standards for some reason. If anything, you are only undermining your own points in a whole host of ways. Telling someone your gender on the internet, and especially in games, outside of situations where it is actually relevant, is actually counterproductive towards any type of positive gender goal. This is simply because bringing it up out of the blue suddenly makes it into something people will consider important to the topic at hand, _even though it absolutely isn't._ If you start a game and immediately say "I'm a girl!" (similarly to what you did in this post), then suddenly you're making them consider that information as relevant to the game, since you obviously found it relevant enough to say without any context. This also can _only_ result in negative reinforcement, since as anyone familiar with basic psychology knows your failures (both ingame and in chat too, if you act like an asshole) will be remembered longer than your successes. This falls through if you are actually a troll, but TL;DR: nobody cares and you're only hurting your cause.
> [{quoted}](name=crazydanddgnat,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2015-11-07T02:53:57.025+0000) > > I'm sorry to tell you, but I don't think anyone cares if you're a girl, or that you want private entities to adhere to your incredibly strict language standards for some reason. [abridged] > Hello, I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, but I became distraught reading the comments here yesterday and I had to step away from it for my own sake. There would be no issue if nobody cared that I am a girl. I would be happy if that were the case. Regrettably, and this thread, many of my other threads, and my decade of experience as a girl gamer in the online world are all evidence that people do care, and people become upset when I as a girl gamer express a strong opinion and have self-confidence. In this thread, the only mention of my gender came from the words "As a future mother...", which I said only because it was relevant to my concern for my future children. People in this thread, unfortunately you included among them, have really blown up that little section of my thread and made it into an issue when it shouldn't be. Anyway, this thread is meant to address Riot's employees swearing every which way on their own forums, not gender issues.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Abysswalker Sif,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=000700000001,timestamp=2015-11-07T02:55:36.272+0000) > > Oh look a piece of **** with a victim complex I cannot even bring myself to quote your other post because of how violent your language is, but I would appreciate it if you did not post in my thread. It is undermining my message - we need to stand together as a community to show Riot that we will not tolerate the kind of culture they are setting upon these forums with their swearing spree.
: wait what i dont get it im female and i has no ider on wat ur sayng xd
> [{quoted}](name=Cancerous Lulu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2015-11-07T02:46:16.653+0000) > > wait what i dont get it im female and i has no ider on wat ur sayng xd I am also a girl gamer, what I am trying to say is that it is a point of no return for Riot Gaming to begin swearing on its own forums. Unfortunately, my message has been obscured by the trolls who routinely enter my threads with no purpose other than to derail them with personal insults against me.
: Guys RRR is a known troll just downvote and move on
> [{quoted}](name=SnowKittyNidalee,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-11-07T02:12:05.412+0000) > > Guys RRR is a known troll just downvote and move on I don't appreciate the comments which paint me as a troll. I have been playing this game for years, and I have been trolled constantly in-game on the basis of my being a girl gamer, and even in this thread I am being sworn at and receiving death threats. I am not the troll here, I am the victim.
: You're a dumbass
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-11-07T01:44:57.985+0000) > > You're a dumbass If you are going to post in my thread, it should be respectfully, and if you are going to use profanity, it should be censored. I will be reporting this post and others which are in violation of the rules, and I hope that you and the other trolls take this as a warning.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ramblin Red Rose,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-11-07T01:34:57.474+0000) > > Riot does know its audience, and it knows that many of the people on these very forums are impressionable teenagers which will see this endorsement of uncouth language as a green light to repeat it online, at school, and at home. > > As a girl gamer who has grown up in the era of the Internet, I know that it isn't realistic for me to keep my future children sheltered from the online world. There aren't any rules against offensive language on League, only toxicity. It's a difference between "what the fuck" and "fuck you". tl;dr if you don't want your kids exposed to swearing don't let them on the internet
> [{quoted}](name=regaline,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2015-11-07T01:39:18.139+0000) > > There aren't any rules against offensive language on League, only toxicity. It's a difference between "what the fuck" and "fuck you". > > tl;dr if you don't want your kids exposed to swearing don't let them on the internet First of all, if you are going to post in this thread, I ask you to censor any profane language that you use. The line is very thin between those two expressions and I have not come across someone who will use one but not the other. As a girl gamer who has grown up in the era of the Internet, I know that it isn't realistic for me to keep my future children sheltered from the online world.
: As a future mother, you should be worried that you'd be letting your kids game online at a young age to begin wih. Like, why the hell would you throw your kids into an environment where no one can be held accountable for what they say? Riot knows its audience. It isn't little kids.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=I4JVPkvh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-11-07T01:33:30.950+0000) > > As a future mother, you should be worried that you'd be letting your kids game online. Like, why the hell would you throw your kids into an environment where no one can be held accountable for what they say? Riot knows its audience. It isn't little kids. Riot does know its audience, and it knows that many of the people on these very forums are impressionable teenagers who will see this endorsement of uncouth language as a green light to repeat it online, at school, and at home. As a girl gamer who has grown up in the era of the Internet, I know that it isn't realistic for me to keep my future children sheltered from the online world.
Rioter Comments
Güts (NA)
: Looking for a Duo to play all night with
Rioter Comments
: From Verbal Abuse to Home Invasions: How to stay safe as a female player
In the wake of recent news I feel that bumping this guide is warranted.
Garurumon (EUW)
: Was the feminazi thread removed? Edit: still up
There are people in that thread slandering and cursing at the original poster, and you want the original post to be removed?
: > [{quoted}](name=Bronz5Gatekeeper,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FROUoVTT,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-07-16T21:28:55.286+0000) > > Look here kid I'm tired of you posting in all my threads with your salty emoticon. You better wish you dont live in kanada otherwise I will sue your ass for harassment. I do what I want (✿◡‿◡) tvm and why would live in canada? I want to leave north america asap rofl (✿◡‿◡)
> [{quoted}](name=medium katarina,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FROUoVTT,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2015-07-16T21:31:38.070+0000) > > I do what I want (✿◡‿◡) tvm and why would live in canada? I want to leave north america asap rofl (✿◡‿◡) I also want to leave north america, I'm worried a war is going to break out.
: Gross
Okay so when a girl does it it's cute but when he does it it's gross? That is sexism
: "This is Just Norms", "I'm playing for fun", etc.. (Negative attitude/mentality)
Does this mean we will start seeing bans for people who say "I'm just playing for fun"?
: Your Favorite Champ must now raise a Child
{{champion:143}} takes the child to a secure location in the forest surrounded by a circle of trees, inserts it into one of the trees and connects to its body vine tubes to feed it nutrients and to be able to communicate her thoughts to it. She also calls ents to guard the sanctuary while she's away at the League.
Bleediss (NA)
: Why does the word egalitarian exist if this is what people say about feminism?
The words are basically the same as they pertain to gender issues, but some people don't like feminism and they call themselves egalitarians so that they can say they're pro-gender equality while ignoring womens' issues.
: >Their is a reason why Platinum people are more patient and respectful then a Bronze Player LOL
> [{quoted}](name=The AFK Farmer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mAbugWM1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-05-29T16:50:06.993+0000) > > LOL It's true!
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jndNJYq0,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-05-29T11:48:00.038+0000) > > Whenever I first started playing this game, the tradition of saying gg at the end of every match made zero sense to me and even today two years later I would prefer it didn't exist. I don't think it fits well as a virtual handshake, if you want to say handshake, say that, or hs, and not gg which is disrespectful to the losing team in some games. I don't say it whether or not I've won. GG is about as disrespectful to the losing team in league of legends as it is on sports field to a team that got demolished in a similar one sided fashion. We might as well go the distance and ban it there too (✿◡‿◡)
> [{quoted}](name=medium katarina,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jndNJYq0,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2015-05-29T11:59:49.303+0000) > > GG is about as disrespectful to the losing team in league of legends as it is on sports field to a team that got demolished in a similar one sided fashion. We might as well go the distance and ban it there too (✿◡‿◡) I'm not saying to ban it, I just don't think it's going to make a loser feel better when they surrender at 20 and have five gg's on their screen from the enemy team.
: According to Lyte, you can get banned for saying "BG"
Whenever I first started playing this game, the tradition of saying gg at the end of every match made zero sense to me and even today two years later I would prefer it didn't exist. I don't think it fits well as a virtual handshake, if you want to say handshake, say that, or hs, and not gg which is disrespectful to the losing team in some games. I don't say it whether or not I've won.
: Why do you play on SR?
I leveled up from 1-30 on Twisted Treeline, then I wanted to play ranked and solo queue was only available on SR, so that's why I play it.
tman3000 (NA)
: Skins for the "BROS" of the league
I quit the game for six months right before Braum was released because I wasn't about to have some intentionally overpowered stereotype of masculinity pushing me around in my games. If any more bro skins are released before we reach gender parity in the skin roster then I will not be the only feminist quitting this game, and I will not be the only feminist spreading the word to other girls to avoid this game. Like it or not, Riot wants a more diverse player base beyond what it is now and for that they need feminists to be on their side.
tman3000 (NA)
: Really, who cares I don't its a game Its out of our hands to change what people want. Riot just doing what they want.
> [{quoted}](name=tman3000,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=00020004000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2015-05-27T02:04:34.769+0000) > > Really, who cares I don't its a game > Its out of our hands to change what people want. Riot just doing what they want. Um, actually Riot releases what they think we want, and as a feminist girl gamer who plays this game, I am voicing what I want and don't want. I am also exposing sexism as I do so which makes people uncomfortable because they don't consider themselves sexists and they've become very content with the boys' club they've made for themselves in this community.
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=HbGd3Oc4,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2015-05-27T01:56:27.707+0000) > > What did you say to her that made your friends mad? I don't remember word for word, since the comment was deleted, but I think it was something similar to this. "I'm really dislike the "every body is beautiful" mentality because it removes the drive in young women to maintain healthy and active lifestyles, and allows lazy fat people to excuse their actions very easily" She isn't fat, and I never attacked her, I just explained what I thought about the post. I thought that's what the Facebook comment system was for?
> [{quoted}](name=Ticklish Tas,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=HbGd3Oc4,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2015-05-27T02:00:01.474+0000) > > I don't remember word for word, since the comment was deleted, but I think it was something similar to this. > "I'm really dislike the "every body is beautiful" mentality because it removes the drive in young women to maintain healthy and active lifestyles, and allows lazy fat people to excuse their actions very easily" I thought your friends were mad at you because of what you said to her in private? Is it the comment they were angry about?
tman3000 (NA)
: Just ahhhhh. Look at any game of this year or the last 5 years. I'm sorry
> [{quoted}](name=tman3000,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=000200040000000100000001,timestamp=2015-05-27T01:56:40.858+0000) > > Just ahhhhh. Look at any game of this year or the last 5 years. I'm sorry The games I usually play aren't as far behind the times as the MOBAs that are out right now. I think Gigantic is supposed to be more modern though in terms of gender representation
: GD I need life advice on how to deal with my angry friends and one of their bitch girlfriends >_>
tman3000 (NA)
: I didn't include because that's somone else's idea I'm sorry if you wanted it. But would you really want a funny bro skin or a female Inpowering skin IDK that's you decision. Riot would probably want a more popular skin then a female inpowering skin.
> [{quoted}](name=tman3000,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=0002000400000001,timestamp=2015-05-27T00:07:45.756+0000) > > I didn't include because that's somone else's idea I'm sorry if you wanted it. > > But would you really want a funny bro skin or a female Inpowering skin IDK that's you decision. Riot would probably want a more popular skin then a female inpowering skin. I don't want female empowering skins, I just want skins that don't shout "sexism" to me. I want a company who is not sexist so that when they come out with a sexualized female skin, I can give them the benefit of the doubt and still enjoy the game. Unfortunately the current champion and skin rosters prevent me from giving them the benefit of the doubt
: GD I need life advice on how to deal with my angry friends and one of their bitch girlfriends >_>
Okay but if you see that she doesn't like confrontation maybe you shouldn't have confronted her rudely in a public way. Of course that would upset her. Please use your head.
Delimon (NA)
: Who wants to shit post in a shit post thread?
I am a woman a sensuous woman who loves and loves to be loved
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-05-26T19:46:18.456+0000) > > As a girl gamer and a feminist I feel obligated to add my opposition to this idea. Right now there are two times the number of male skins in this game as female skins, and skin themes like this that exclude female champions entirely just add to the problem. If this skin theme is realized by the Riot design team I will take my complaint from these discussion boards to the Better Business Bureau. Good luck getting the BBB involved when there's nothing you can file a complaint against. Sexual discrimination? Sona has 1 of the 3 Ultimate Skins in existence, Shyvana has a great line-up, and every other female champion also has their selection of good skins, like Nurse Akali (in the Medical skin line with Surgeon Shen and Kennen M.D.), URF The Namitee, Marauder Ashe (Ashe looks pretty much like a guy in that skin, minus the breasts and smaller figure), and a lot more. You're not gonna successfully sue Riot Games if you plan on trying it. You'll just be out a lot of money over some cosmetics in a F2P online game.
> [{quoted}](name=HVGHighVelocity,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=00020006,timestamp=2015-05-26T22:46:24.793+0000) > > You're not gonna successfully sue Riot Games if you plan on trying it. You'll just be out a lot of money over some cosmetics in a F2P online game. I have consulted lawyers in the past who were not receptive to the idea, but you can be sure that if a lawyer is ever to inform me that I have grounds to sue Riot, I will bring that case to court.
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-05-26T19:46:18.456+0000) > > As a girl gamer and a feminist I feel obligated to add my opposition to this idea. Right now there are two times the number of male skins in this game as female skins, and skin themes like this that exclude female champions entirely just add to the problem. If this skin theme is realized by the Riot design team I will take my complaint from these discussion boards to the Better Business Bureau. The irony is that the most common 'Bro' skin request was... Wait for it... [Brorelia.](http://mattcomgo.deviantart.com/art/Brorelia-295172781)
> [{quoted}](name=Trylobyte,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=00020004,timestamp=2015-05-26T21:42:32.191+0000) > > The irony is that the most common 'Bro' skin request was... > > Wait for it... > > [Brorelia.](http://mattcomgo.deviantart.com/art/Brorelia-295172781) I don't see that in this thread
: It's probably cause there happens the be more male champions then female ones (shrugs). I think a skin line should be passed because it's cool/funny and most importantly because the community likes it, and for no other reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Earthlord Jazz,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=00020003,timestamp=2015-05-26T20:55:21.723+0000) > > It's probably cause there happens the be more male champions then female ones (shrugs). I think a skin line should be passed because it's cool/funny and most importantly because the community likes it, and for no other reason. It's not just that there "happens" to be more male champions, that was a choice that Riot made and it shows sexism. As a girl gamer, feminist, and member of this community I am voicing my opposition to this skin line while this gender gap continues to exist.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=azc2F0vR,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-05-26T20:01:32.289+0000) > > If people like you guys stopped being sexist people like Anita would be quiet No, she wouldn't. The problem of sexism isn't even nearly as bad as feminists like Anita would have you believe. They act like it is because they know people gasp in horror when they hear stories of women being treated poorly, and they know that anyone who speaks out against feminism *must* be a woman hater. See, people have an instinct to protect women. It's hard-wired into our brains whether we like it or not. Feminists know that and use this as a tactic to get away with their bullshit, knowing that anyone who disagrees with them is labeled a misogynist and is declared a social outcast. Feminists have a bunch of shaming tactics like this.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=azc2F0vR,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2015-05-26T20:07:35.553+0000) > > No, she wouldn't. The problem of sexism isn't even nearly as bad as feminists like Anita would have you believe. They act like it is because they know people gasp in horror when they hear stories of women being treated poorly, and they know that anyone who speaks out against feminism *must* be a woman hater. See, people have an instinct to protect women. It's hard-wired into our brains whether we like it or not. Feminists know that and use this as a tactic to get away with their bullshit, knowing that anyone who disagrees with them is labeled a misogynist and is declared a social outcast. > > Feminists have a bunch of shaming tactics like this. There is just so much woman hating on these forums that you don't have to be a feminist and you don't have to want to protect women to see it. I have had polls in my threads were the most popular option was "I hate women", and then subsequent threads where "There is no sexism in this community" was the most popular option. Unfortunately trying to explain this to the people here is like trying to explain to the Devil that evil is wrong, they will lie and never admit that they are sexist.
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Pecan,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-05-26T19:46:18.456+0000) > > As a girl gamer and a feminist I feel obligated to add my opposition to this idea. Right now there are two times the number of male skins in this game as female skins, and skin themes like this that exclude female champions entirely just add to the problem. If this skin theme is realized by the Riot design team I will take my complaint from these discussion boards to the Better Business Bureau. Do you mean skin lines like Debonair? {{champion:254}}
> [{quoted}](name=Biff Manly,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LLpz1v7O,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-05-26T20:03:33.300+0000) > > Do you mean skin lines like Debonair? > {{champion:254}} Well, the Debonair skin line does have more male skins than female skins but it's not as bad as this bro skin line or some others like the Soccer one and the ones in honor of professional teams.
Typhnox (NA)
: Anita Sarkeesian literally advocating for school segregation by sex/race
If people like you guys stopped being sexist people like Anita would be quiet
: So Fnatic {{champion:40}}, SKT T1 {{champion:143}} & TPA {{champion:61}} are dudes......
> [{quoted}](name=Mannysmoker,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=kEBBiWNj,comment-id=0074,timestamp=2015-05-24T11:41:55.475+0000) > > So Fnatic {{champion:40}}, SKT T1 {{champion:143}} & TPA {{champion:61}} are dudes...... I think it's quite telling that in four skin themes encompassing 20 champions, only three of those champions have been female.
tman3000 (NA)
: Skins for the "BROS" of the league
As a girl gamer and a feminist I feel obligated to add my opposition to this idea. Right now there are two times the number of male skins in this game as female skins, and skin themes like this that exclude female champions entirely just add to the problem. If this skin theme is realized by the Riot design team I will take my complaint from these discussion boards to the Better Business Bureau.
: tfw gf breaks up with you
Okay I don't understand the reason behind all of the sexism here. It's like you guys want to pretend men don't dump their girlfriends too.
La Spork (NA)
: Guys lol if you don't want to get banned stop spouting slurs
: "it's normal dude, chillax"
In normal games I don't play to win and I don't have winning on my mind, I just want to play a certain champion or build that I wouldn't normally be able to play in ranked because it might lose me LP.
: Riot goes through this whole debacle about nerfing and changing Fizz.
He is already a shadow of his former self, I've only played him once or twice over the years but I would be sad to see him nerfed again
Show more

Hal Su Ice0

Level 163 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion