: Sorry To My Last Team
Props for recognizing that you did wrong. You can do better next time! Try to keep in mind that a lot of the time people make mistakes, and they aren't actively trying to lose. It helps to remember that everyone on the team wants to win (most of the time anyway) and that they are probably equally as frustrated about what went wrong as you are. I wrote a bunch about this stuff before, so I'll quote it here since it seems like it might help you. You can ignore the avoiding bans section, I don't think it is relevant to your situation. > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N5xNisWM,comment-id=00040001000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-20T19:23:18.005+0000) > > Ok for advice I've got a few things. A lot of it is written out in the post linked below, but I'll elaborate a bunch and add a few points in my comment here as well. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/bv2m7fx4-feeders-and-toxic-teammates-got-you-down-this-may-help > > _Warning: Wall of text incoming. It's a lot to read, but trust me it's all useful techniques that I've used to great effect in my own games. It's worth your time if you are willing to read through it all._ > > --- > > # 1. On avoiding getting banned: > > You don't want to get banned obviously, so first and foremost you should avoid being negative, passive aggressive, or insulting in any way from this point on. A good rule of thumb is this: _If you wouldn't say it loudly to somebody in a public place in front of someone who's respect you hold dear, it's probably not something you should say to a stranger over the internet._ Or alternatively, _If you would be upset if a teammate said it to you when your situations were reversed, then you shouldn't say it to a teammate._ Avoid being sarcastic, or saying anything to blame teammates. > > Generally speaking, anything that you say that might anger your teammate is something that could make them report you. Whether or not their report for that statement is justified, if it triggers the IFS to review your behavior and the IFS finds something else that you said in that game that it thinks is punishable, it's going to punish you for the second thing even if the person reported you for something else. > > Keep in mind that after a 14-day ban you're going to be on super thin ice. Even minor negativity may be enough to trigger another punishment, and unfortunately (and in this case, unfairly in my opinion) for you, the next punishment in the progression is a permanent ban. If you are not absolutely certain that you can talk to irritating teammates without saying something punishable, then it is better to not talk to those types of teammates at all. Mute them and don't even acknowledge what they say. You can safely report them yourself after the game and leave it in Riot's hands to deal with them. > > After several months of consistently honorable (or otherwise positive) behavior, your account standing should improve and that 'thin-ice' and danger of being permabanned will loom over you much less. > > --- > > # 2. On using past, present, and future tense to better steer discussions in a positive direction: > > It especially helps to steer conversations into the future tense. reasons being this: > > * The past tense is often used for assigning blame > * the present tense is often used for discussing values > * and the future tense is often used for making choices or decisions in the future. > > This is a subtle twist of language that a lot of people don't realize affects their discussions with others, and they react to it on a subconscious level. > > For example, picture this happening in one of your games. Person A just died to a gank because they pushed up too far and didn't ward. Here we will look at the outcomes of using different verb tenses to discuss their death. > > **Case 1 - Past tense:** > > Person B: Dude you shouldn't have been so far up <- _notice the past tense, this will often make Person A feel like they are being attacked, and they are more likely to react by defending themselves instead of focusing on playing smarter the next time._ > person A: I wasn't trying to die, they just caught me! It wasn't my fault!!! > > Here Person A argued instead of recognizing or learning what they need to do better next time (ward and watch out for ganks). > > **Case 2 - Present tense:** > > Person B: Aww man that sucks, I'm sorry you're dead right now. it's not fair how they can pull bullshit like that. > person A: Thanks! Yeah, it's so unfair! > > Here both players commiserate over the unfortunate event. Nothing is learned from it, but Person A is at least feeling supported by person B. As long as you use the present tense like this (to express support for a teammate after something bad happens), it will serve a good purpose because it will put Person A's mind at ease and they won't be worried about getting flamed by Person B every time they make a mistake. > > **Case 3 - Future tense:** > > Person B: Oof that's unfortunate. Lets try to ward next time before you push like that again, maybe it will help keep you safe. > person A: Thanks! I'll try that. > > Here person B makes the discussion focus more on what to do about the problem in the future, and they do it in a helpful way. This helps Player A to see why their push ended badly for them and gives them a clear goal - a safer strategy to try the next time that they want to push. > > **Also, keep in mind that verb tense is more than just talking about when to do something.** Telling somebody to "stop feeding/flaming" or to "feed/flame less next time" isn't really using the future tense, because it is still making the player's mistake from the past into the main focus of the discussion. > > --- > > # 3. On maintaining team morale and preventing tilt and arguments. > > A lot of the time, people begin to argue or tilt because of plays going badly. They can't accept responsibility (or fault / blame) for their mistakes, or they are upset because somebody else's mistake made the game harder to win. > > A series of bad plays is sometimes all it takes to drive a team into the worst sorts of in-fighting and arguments. This is why it is super important to maintain team morale and to keep people focused on strategy and future plays. > > When a play goes badly, you can head-off (or prevent) multiple problems. First you can prevent the player from tilting and getting anxious or afraid of their mistakes getting them blamed or harassed by the team. And second, you can help the whole team to not tilt by turning the focus away from the mistake and towards what can be done to prevent or make-up-for the mistake in the future. > > To do this you need to use a combination of the present and future tense, in order to make the player (or team) feel supported while also giving them a clear goal of something to do better the next time around. For example, the future tense case from section 2. Notice how Player B commiserates with player A to make them feel like Player B is on their side ("oof that 's unfortunate," and then gives them an idea for what to do next time ("Maybe if we ward next time it will keep you safe.") > > **Maintaining team morale isn't just about preventing tilt though!** You don't even have to try to make players feel better after a bad play if they are already feeling great in the first place! This is why it is important to compliment teammates whenever a play goes well. > > If the jungler ganks top and they kill the enemy or force the enemy to waste resources... Say something like "good teamwork top & jungle" or "great gank" because these sorts of things will make them feel good about what they did well, and make them feel motivated to try to do such teamwork successfully again in the future. > > If bottom lane gets a tower or mid lane roams and makes a successful play, compliment them for it! People love praise and it will make them feel like you have their back. > > This has another benefit of making them trust you more, that way if things go wrong later and you need to give feedback or suggest they do something different, they will already think you are nice and will be less likely to take it personally or get upset when you tell them to do something differently. > > --- > > # Conclusion: > > Phew! That was a lot, I hope it wasn't too much of a wall of text. That's most of what I have to say for now. > > I've used each of these techniques to great effect in my own games, and I highly recommend you try them in your own. If you have any questions about them or you want to discuss other techniques, just let me know I'll be happy to talk more about this.
: Toplane is a meme at this point. I can't take this shit anymore, every single game i play 1v2 or 1v3 and my team either loses everything or simply doesn't do a shit when three people come bot, use all their ults at our t1 turret just to kill me and meanwhile my team clears one wave, backports rinse and repeat. Like all you need to do is run it down mid 4v2 and dive the shit out of them, nope not happening. This game has become a brainless piece of shit where every retard gets dia+ simply by playing busted roles+champs press two buttons and oneshot everything. Jungle its enough to be a gold level player to get to dia. Mid just play what is meta and you will win your dmg is enough, bonus points if you know what roam means. Botlane is the same as jungle. Be bad and win because you play the right role and busted champs. Balance of the game? Botlane is back to ardent meta because rito makes the same retarded mistakes as always. Every game now is tristana, twitch, vayne, lulu, kog, janna. Tanks nerf? Haha aftershock with 70 armor+mr at level 1 is coming boys. And while im writing this im 3/0 top but it doesnt matter, mid ints, bot ints game is over. Topnotch gameplay rito. Twitch with Ie just shredding our team like no tommorrow. Just fuck yourself and every retard responsible for the course of this once great game i hope some of these shit rioters read this and atleast feel bad about themselves. It's insane to think about these guys make 50k+ a year for this "work".
You people seem to keep forgetting that "inting" is short for _**intentional**_. A lot of the time when people die it is due to mistakes, not something that they did on purpose (aka intentionally). Teammates lose games more easily when they tilt, and falsely accusing them of inting is going to do a lot to help tilt them. Maybe you should consider not contributing to the problem by doing that.
GuiruleZ (NA)
: If someone on my team highlights zoe i cant ban or they will run it down
> [{quoted}](name=GuiruleZ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mZvZITaI,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:12:13.325+0000) > > Make bans anonymous and allow duplicates on the same team That's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure it would solve the problem you are facing. If they don't know who did it they may assume the whole team is against them and they might int further. If they are low in the pick order then just ban it, explain that you don't want the enemy team to get it, and if they int just report them.
: i skipped step 1, proceed to pubstomp these intermediate bots
There's no reward in beating lower skill players though. If it's not a challenge then there is no accomplishment in it. Seems like a waste of time to me, with little or no benefit to be had.
: Its funny tho, id actually take insults from people like you more seriously but I'm 99%... Naaa 100% sure you say the same things about people in the games you play in your ello. I'd rather be in my low ello and have fun than be in a high ello and have some superiority complex. As if in person your life is any better than these "low ello kids" Hope you have a good life man, truly do
The OP had a legitimate point, they were rude-ish about it but they aren't entirely wrong. People don't accept responsibility for their mistakes, and this denial gets worse the lower you look on the ladder. That is objectively true.
: Lol I had that with the yas I faced. He came on here complaining because ghost blade and duck blade are to op. Saying they need to be removed from the game because he doesn't know how to play against them. I legit lost a game this morning because they wanted to baron and drake. Even though we could have ended with 3 inhibs just begging to be knocked down and a open nexus. Nope they baron and get wiped and we lose. Though I told them to just end. But baron and drake are more important apparently than winning.
> [{quoted}](name=SmallieBiggz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8m3HYs8X,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-01-18T00:40:49.758+0000) > > But baron and drake are more important apparently than winning. Hey bro, you gotta pad dem scors for the glory of... What were we takin' these for again?
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=266lPrJ0,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-16T22:08:34.224+0000) > > You're making excuses for people acting like assholes, by blaming their behavior on the people they are choosing to be assholes towards. > > Who or how you target with blame is irrelevant when your method of discerning fault is shit. hold on there, I didn't victim blame anyone, I'm saying I don't think being called autistic should be considered an insult. Victim blaming would be saying "it's your fault for acting a certain way"
Pay attention to the context, I was responding to Magezzo, they were saying that players have an option to mute, so flaming should be okay. I responded to that, then you responded to contradict my comment about victims. If you didn't want me to think you stood with the victim blaming side of the argument then you should not have made a sarcastic remark implying that it was stupid to consider people victims when they are harassed.
: Using Bans Accordingly
Choosing to not use your ban is a perfectly reasonable choice, it is your ban after all, and if you don't mind playing against any champion in the game then you have every right not to ban any of them. Banning teammates' champions is more tricky. If you're doing it to illicit a negative response from them, then it is absolutely be considered trolling and punishable. But if they do it without discussing it is more grey-area, and might fall under refusing to communicate. And if they did it with a reasonable explanation then it is definitely not punishable. Example of a reasonable explanation, "You're late in the pick order and that champ is OP I don't want to play against it when the enemy team inevitably would have picked it before you could."
Aeszarck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z5z83x2x,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-01-17T22:21:21.518+0000) > > That title though.... > > "Why is Riot INSISTENT on making sure that no mission involves Twisted Treeline?" > > Whenever you say that they are insistent on doing or not doing something, I start wondering where they **insisted** that. There is a difference between _paying attention to other things_ VS. _willfully ignoring it that thing._ > > The rest of us have to clamor for their attention the regular way and you should too. make a well-thought-out post about twisted treeline and why it deserves missions, and get a discussion going about it. If you do so then by all means, you will have my support. > > But don't make bullshit claims like your title about Riot 'willfully ignoring something' just because you are pissed that Riot isn't paying attention to the issues that you want them to. That is manipulative and playing dirty, and it is probably why they haven't come to comment on your post. We’ve had basically 11 sets of missions now. The first 9 sets didn’t mention anything about Twisted Treeline, but I was somewhat content with that since it didn’t seem like Riot was trying to kill Twisted Treeline. However, the combination of Snowdown and Season 2018 missions has convinced me that Riot is willfully ignoring Twisted Treeline. Snowdown had a mission or two that specifically mentioned every available mode except for Twisted Treeline. Then The Journey Begins (1 of 2) literally excludes Twisted Treeline’s Flex Queue. I would have not made this post had this mission not arbitrarily excluded Twisted Treeline. In the past, it was frustrating but tolerable when Riot imposed an arbitrary “...on Summoner’s Rift” restriction on missions. It seemed like they wanted people to play Summoner’s Rift; they weren’t excluding any specific group of players. With these 2 new missions, Riot is actively excluding Twisted Treeline players. They could have just said, “Play a game of Ranked Flex.” However, they specifically excluded Twisted Treeline from this quest about playing Ranked modes, and the only reason I can see for that is them trying to drive people away from Twisted Treeline. I don’t expect Riot to comment on many posts because I know it’s difficult to reply to Boards posts when your words can be screenshotted and quoted and taken out of context and more. I was not expecting a reply to this post because I figured that Riot would not have a postive answer for why the latest mission excludes Twisted Treeline. I think they are preparing a carefully crafted statement for later in the year when they announce that Twisted Treeline is not returning for the next season. Between you and me, as I posted, I was also curious to see if my angrier-than-usual post gained any traction among the community. I did put a decent amount of effort into this post and I did excessive research beforehand. The insight I have gained from writing out my last two discussions has culminated in this post. I would not have written it if I had not extensively studied missions beforehand, because I would not have felt comfortable arguing my stance. However, I have done my research, and here I am expressing my views. I am not asking for Twisted Treeline missions. What I want is Twisted Treeline support for missions. Riot could give Vilemaw as an alternative epic monster for the kill epic monster missions. Riot could let players use Arcane Sweeper as an alternative to warding for the warding missions. Riot could let players capture altars as an alternative to killing Scuttle Crabs. Finally, they could stop specifying Summoner’s Rift on missions. If Riot did any of the above, especially giving Twisted Treeline-specific alternatives to Summoner’s Rift objectives, then that would show that Riot knows the mode exists. However, no mission has ever indicated that Twisted Treeline exists (through mentioning things specific to the map) aside from the latest two missions. **Those two missions indicated that Twisted Treeline does exist but Riot doesn’t want people playing it.** Otherwise, why would it have been excluded?
> [{quoted}](name=Aeszarck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z5z83x2x,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:42:58.741+0000) > > We’ve had basically 11 sets of missions now. The first 9 sets didn’t mention anything about Twisted Treeline, but I was somewhat content with that since it didn’t seem like Riot was trying to kill Twisted Treeline. > > However, the combination of Snowdown and Season 2018 missions has convinced me that Riot is willfully ignoring Twisted Treeline. Snowdown had a mission or two that specifically mentioned every available mode except for Twisted Treeline. Then The Journey Begins (1 of 2) literally excludes Twisted Treeline’s Flex Queue. I would have not made this post had this mission not arbitrarily excluded Twisted Treeline. > > In the past, it was frustrating but tolerable when Riot imposed an arbitrary “...on Summoner’s Rift” restriction on missions. It seemed like they wanted people to play Summoner’s Rift; they weren’t excluding any specific group of players. With these 2 new missions, Riot is actively excluding Twisted Treeline players. They could have just said, “Play a game of Ranked Flex.” However, they specifically excluded Twisted Treeline from this quest about playing Ranked modes, and the only reason I can see for that is them trying to drive people away from Twisted Treeline. > > I don’t expect Riot to comment on many posts because I know it’s difficult to reply to Boards posts when your words can be screenshotted and quoted and taken out of context and more. I was not expecting a reply to this post because I figured that Riot would not have a postive answer for why the latest mission excludes Twisted Treeline. I think they are preparing a carefully crafted statement for later in the year when they announce that Twisted Treeline is not returning for the next season. Between you and me, as I posted, I was also curious to see if my angrier-than-usual post gained any traction among the community. I did put a decent amount of effort into this post and I did excessive research beforehand. The insight I have gained from writing out my last two discussions has culminated in this post. I would not have written it if I had not extensively studied missions beforehand, because I would not have felt comfortable arguing my stance. However, I have done my research, and here I am expressing my views. > > I am not asking for Twisted Treeline missions. What I want is Twisted Treeline support for missions. Riot could give Vilemaw as an alternative epic monster for the kill epic monster missions. Riot could let players use Arcane Sweeper as an alternative to warding for the warding missions. Riot could let players capture altars as an alternative to killing Scuttle Crabs. Finally, they could stop specifying Summoner’s Rift on missions. > If Riot did any of the above, especially giving Twisted Treeline-specific alternatives to Summoner’s Rift objectives, then that would show that Riot knows the mode exists. However, no mission has ever indicated that Twisted Treeline exists (through mentioning things specific to the map) aside from the latest two missions. **Those two missions indicated that Twisted Treeline does exist but Riot doesn’t want people playing it.** > Otherwise, why would it have been excluded? Alright I'm sorry for calling you out for a fallacious title. If you did so knowingly and intentionally in an effort to test the community's response and not Riot's then I don't really see anything wrong with it. This response was really well reasoned and I appreciate you taking the time to type it all out for my benefit. I see where you are coming from and I understand your view. I personally do not have any stake in TT so it's not really my place to argue about it's relevancy or exclusion from quests, but I do feel like Riot isn't insisting on doing nothing, they are probably just choosing to focus on other things that will affect (and hopefully benefit) more players.
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETlJrBrr,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:20:58.645+0000) > > 1. I've not seen any Rioters say what I have said about this. I've reached these conclusions on my own. > > 2. Going on win-streaks leads to your MMR climbing faster than it should, leading to the exact situations I already outlined. Your MMR does not increase gradually, it begins to jump higher and higher. > > 3. You're using a few vague correlations as a means of deducing how the system works. That is the worst misuse of Occam's Razor that I've seen in a long time. You have not eliminated all other possible causes before concluding that your believed cause is the correct one. > > You're reaching conclusions back-asswards, starting with what you want to believe and then looking for ways you can correlate things in order to make that belief seem supported. This is illogical and can only produce an inaccurate argument. > > Also even if what I'm saying came from Riot somehow, that wouldn't make it any less valid. Claiming that "It came from Big Brother so it can't be trusted" is conspiracy-theory territory and if you're going to pursue that route then I'm not wasting any more of my time with you. No conspiracy theory :) I master-graduated years ago but I still remember something about statistics and coding, and the facts don't reflect what you and Riot are saying. Plus, I told you everyone can check this, so it's pretty funny you talk about conspiracy or so :D I'll do it for you; here's your last 20 games, besides the one against Bots and the remake. 1st) oh pretty close one, matchmaking works maybe :O 2nd ) 40-16 ... whoops https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2695952040/38154762?tab=overview 3rd) 31-8 ... :O 4) Nice! Another close game! 5) And another one again! 6) 36-15 ... 7) 16-33 ... 8) 32-49, Ranked. Close! ... if you don't look at the gold advantage for the other team all the game 9) Close one! 10) 19-44 ... 11) 21-58 ... 12) 6-21 ... :O 13) 21-36 Close? Still, the gold advantage... 14) 31-51 ... 15) Close one! 16) 31-10 ... 17) 25-45 ... 18) 7-25 ... :O 19) Close one! 20) 18-9 ... Bye, have fun :)
Can't tell if you're making a case or mocking me. I'll assume the former. Matches are way too snowbally anyways because of the damage and gold mechanics of the game, even small gaps in skill level can result in that large of a disparity in game outcomes. So assuming that matches are that far mismatched solely because of the system skewing them is faulty reasoning by misuse of Occam's Razor. I'm not just talking statistically, I'm also talking rhetorically. You have not used good rhetoric to present a persuasive defense for your claim yet. On top of that, you perverted the scientific method, beginning with a specific conclusion in mind and then freely interpreting anything you saw in a way that would be favorable to that conclusion. That's not an objective study of the matter, that is a cherry picking and twisting examples to suit your belief while disregarding anything that contradicts it. I showed the fault in your reasoning and instead of addressing it you ignored it and chose to shift the discussion to your credentials and my match history. You still have failed to address the fact that you are using correlations to draw a conclusion without eliminating other possibilities. 1. You began with your conclusion already decided upon and simply interpreted all evidence as conveniently as possible to support the conclusion you were seeking. 2. You are using correlations to draw a conclusion without considering all of the possible factors, and worse than that - you're actively disregarding any factors that might interfere with or contradict your belief.
: Gaming mouse reccomendations?
I like the Razer (Chrome) Naga, the buttons are numerous and with Razer's built-in keybinding manager you can have multiple sets for different games and even regular use. I have cut, copy, paste, and any combinations of control, tab, alt and shift keys so that I can even browse the internet one handed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
: Defend this Nintendo fanboys (Nintendo Labo)
Don't X-box and PS-4 have games aimed at younger audiences? I don't see how having a game aimed at a younger audience makes the entire console automatically a "kid's console."
Bârd (NA)
: Removing unstoppable from Ornn is like removing animation cancelling from Riven.
Indeed. For a tank, Ornn does too much damage. I wish that Riot would have left unstoppable and dealt with his damage instead.
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETlJrBrr,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-01-17T21:31:07.360+0000) > > That is incorrect. And I will explain why. > > As your MMR increases, you wind up being at the higher end of your team's MMR spread instead of middle or bottom end of it. Additionally your opponents are more and more likely to have higher MMR as well, meaning that the chances increase of one of your now lower MMR teammates getting matched against somebody better than them. This results in more and more difficult matches, giving you the feeling that it is trying to make you lose. > > It's not that the system actively tries to force a 50% win-ratio, that is only a result of superstition and confirmation bias. What actually happens is that you climb and then the circumstances brought about by that are harder to win. 50% win ratio is a result of climbing, not a direct goal of the system or an action taken by it against you. That is incorrect. And I will explain you why. :P You gave me the Riot common explanation of their system, that is false. In fact, if it was that way, you should costantly find matching of slightly increasing difficulty while winning, and of slightly lower difficulty when losing. Instead, as everyone can easily check, you usually find pretty easy games, even a lot in a row, and very hard ones, even a lot in a row. Close and balanced games are the rarest, and basically never in a row. :P So, no way their matchmaking system adapts to your actual skill. It partially does, but it's mainly (almost totally) intended to work on win ratios.
1. I've not seen any Rioters say what I have said about this. I've reached these conclusions on my own. 2. Going on win-streaks leads to your MMR climbing faster than it should, leading to the exact situations I already outlined. Your MMR does not increase gradually, it begins to jump higher and higher. 3. You're using a few vague correlations as a means of deducing how the system works. That is the worst misuse of Occam's Razor that I've seen in a long time. You have not eliminated all other possible causes before concluding that your believed cause is the correct one. You're reaching conclusions back-asswards, starting with what you want to believe and then looking for ways you can correlate things in order to make that belief seem supported. This is illogical and can only produce an inaccurate argument. Also even if what I'm saying came from Riot somehow, that wouldn't make it any less valid. Claiming that "It came from Big Brother so it can't be trusted" is conspiracy-theory territory and if you're going to pursue that route then I'm not wasting any more of my time with you.
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3HgKwtgt,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:03:41.138+0000) > > Stick with your teammates and don't facecheck bushes then? I was level 2 or 3 and a Khazix runs up to me with only {{item:3134}} and takes out all of my hp in 2 hits. no that's a load of of bullshit.
He only had one item? That sounds kind of like the champion did most of the work rather than their item anyways. One partial item doesn't do that much for a champion's damage output. Also he's an assassin, that's how they work. Lots of damage. They aren't like marksmen where they need items to become a threat, levels are often all that it takes. On that note, what level was Kha Zix?
Eckheart (NA)
: Losing makes me depressed
This happens when you invest too much of your self-worth in winning, when you lose then you feel like you've lost self-worth. It's just a game, winning or losing in it cannot affect your value as a person, and you are already valuable as a person. Have faith and keep your chin up, things will get better in the future. I play Vi too. She's cool.
Bultz (NA)
: Get rid of the lethality build
I'm all in favor of nerfing things that deserve nerfing, but your post so far is not being very persuasive as to why lethality items are deserving of nerfs.
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SmallieBiggz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3HgKwtgt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:01:31.984+0000) > > Then take assassins out of the game then. If you are getting beat by them either play them or learn how to play against them. Because not every talon,zed or others are always going to 1 hit. That means they are really good at that champ and know how to use combos. There is a shit ton of counter play in this game against them. You need to learn how to play against them. No them jumping out of a bush and 1 hitting over 1500 hp is a load of bullshit and is fully the builds fault.
"there is no counter and nothing u can do" > [{quoted}](name=Bultz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3HgKwtgt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-01-17T23:02:41.429+0000) > > No them jumping out of a bush and 1 hitting over 1500 hp is a load of bullshit and is fully the builds fault. I'm just spitballing here, but I think that if you stick with your teammates and don't facecheck bushes then that probably counts as something you can do.
: "Riot is working on something to deal with them" - HaHaHahaha joke of the day
a) I said "supposedly" b) it's not that unlikely c) don't be a prick about it
Wuks (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ulkL19kr,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-01-17T22:33:51.236+0000) > > Whoah, I&#x27;ve never had a shoutout before! Thanks Wuks! No, thank YOU! I appreciate your player behavior posts and a lot of the talks between you and the mod team. <3 Keep it up :)
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ulkL19kr,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2018-01-17T22:35:14.713+0000) > > No, thank YOU! I appreciate your player behavior posts and a lot of the talks between you and the mod team. &lt;3 Keep it up :) lol now I get it, cool trick with the coding, that's brilliant XD I still hope you have a great week, despite knowing that this was universal now. It's still somehow personal and awesome.
Wuks (NA)
: For YOUR eyes only owo
Whoah, I've never had a shoutout before! Thanks Wuks! I hope that your week ends up being awesome as well :)
: Look, I'm not saying flaming is good, but it doesn't affect the game, since you CAN mute (if you are not stupid and flaming triggers you, then you mute) Yet you cant do shit with trolls.
I tell people to mute others all the time. The difference is that I'm not doing it while excusing the flamer's behavior. Trolls are absolutely a problem, and supposedly Riot is working on something to deal with them, but flaming is not the proper reaction to have. It only feeds the troll if they are a troll, and it only inflames an argument if they actually did things on accident.
Proxy345 (NA)
: FREEZE!!! WE HAVE THE PLACE SURROUNDED!!!!!
That's pretty cool, props to Tencent.
Aeszarck (NA)
: Why is Riot INSISTENT on making sure that no mission involves Twisted Treeline?
That title though.... "Why is Riot INSISTENT on making sure that no mission involves Twisted Treeline?" Whenever you say that they are insistent on doing or not doing something, I start wondering where they **insisted** that. There is a difference between _paying attention to other things_ VS. _willfully ignoring it that thing._ The rest of us have to clamor for their attention the regular way and you should too. make a well-thought-out post about twisted treeline and why it deserves missions, and get a discussion going about it. If you do so then by all means, you will have my support. But don't make bullshit claims like your title about Riot 'willfully ignoring something' just because you are pissed that Riot isn't paying attention to the issues that you want them to. That is manipulative and playing dirty, and it is probably why they haven't come to comment on your post.
Rioter Comments
: Oh, tell me, HOW IN THE HELL DOES IT MATTER what they say? Tell me, honestly, if anybody tells you to "kys", does it matter anything? OFC it doesn't, words are just words. Use the glorious mute button and play better, so they wont flame you again. Seems like almost nobody understands how punishing flaming is totally pointless, we have the mute button for that. Yet Rito doesn't punish trolls and we have no tool to handle them as a player.....
People still have to see the toxicity before they know to mute you for it. So saying that they have a mute button is actually just a terrible excuse for their abusers' toxicity. Don't blame the victims for reacting poorly, they didn't instigate the interaction. It is the flamer's fault that they lacked the self-control required to interact with their teammates in a more appropriate manner. It takes the same self restraint to mute another player as it takes to hold your tongue when they do anything that you might want to flame them for. So laying the blame at their feet is actually really hypocritical.
: > [{quoted}](name=Glo Stix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETlJrBrr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-13T08:22:06.457+0000) > > thats normal, because alot of higher ranked people dont play normals, so their normal mmr doesnt match their ranked mmr. To a degree i would understand, but when the mmr difference is 300-600 in normals alone i start to believe the system is flawed
Normal queue doesn't put a restriction on who you can queue with, so you can wind up with players who are much more skilled queueing with teammates who are much less skilled. Creating imbalance. Ranked prevents you from duo-ing with a person who is more than 2 (is that the right number?) Ranked colors above you. So a Silver can't queue up with a Plat or Diamond. This doesn't affect normals though.
Nea104 (EUW)
: It just forces a 50% win ratio as much as it can. Also, it's totally flawed when playing with premades/friends.
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETlJrBrr,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-17T21:19:48.498+0000) > > It just forces a 50% win ratio as much as it can. That is incorrect. And I will explain why. As your MMR increases, you wind up being at the higher end of your team's MMR spread instead of middle or bottom end of it. Additionally your opponents are more and more likely to have higher MMR as well, meaning that the chances increase of one of your now lower MMR teammates getting matched against somebody better than them. This results in more and more difficult matches, giving you the feeling that it is trying to make you lose. It's not that the system actively tries to force a 50% win-ratio, that is only a result of superstition and confirmation bias. What actually happens is that you climb and then the circumstances brought about by that are harder to win. 50% win ratio is a result of climbing, not a direct goal of the system or an action taken by it against you.
Drekken (OCE)
: Im trying to become less toxic, but how?
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N5xNisWM,comment-id=00040001000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-20T19:23:18.005+0000) > > Ok for advice I&#x27;ve got a few things. A lot of it is written out in the post linked below, but I&#x27;ll elaborate a bunch and add a few points in my comment here as well. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/bv2m7fx4-feeders-and-toxic-teammates-got-you-down-this-may-help > > _Warning: Wall of text incoming. It&#x27;s a lot to read, but trust me it&#x27;s all useful techniques that I&#x27;ve used to great effect in my own games. It&#x27;s worth your time if you are willing to read through it all._ > > --- > > # 1. On avoiding getting banned: > > You don&#x27;t want to get banned obviously, so first and foremost you should avoid being negative, passive aggressive, or insulting in any way from this point on. A good rule of thumb is this: _If you wouldn&#x27;t say it loudly to somebody in a public place in front of someone who&#x27;s respect you hold dear, it&#x27;s probably not something you should say to a stranger over the internet._ Or alternatively, _If you would be upset if a teammate said it to you when your situations were reversed, then you shouldn't say it to a teammate._ Avoid being sarcastic, or saying anything to blame teammates. > > Generally speaking, anything that you say that might anger your teammate is something that could make them report you. Whether or not their report for that statement is justified, if it triggers the IFS to review your behavior and the IFS finds something else that you said in that game that it thinks is punishable, it&#x27;s going to punish you for the second thing even if the person reported you for something else. > > Keep in mind that after a 14-day ban you&#x27;re going to be on super thin ice. Even minor negativity may be enough to trigger another punishment, and unfortunately (and in this case, unfairly in my opinion) for you, the next punishment in the progression is a permanent ban. If you are not absolutely certain that you can talk to irritating teammates without saying something punishable, then it is better to not talk to those types of teammates at all. Mute them and don&#x27;t even acknowledge what they say. You can safely report them yourself after the game and leave it in Riot&#x27;s hands to deal with them. > > After several months of consistently honorable (or otherwise positive) behavior, your account standing should improve and that &#x27;thin-ice&#x27; and danger of being permabanned will loom over you much less. > > --- > > # 2. On using past, present, and future tense to better steer discussions in a positive direction: > > It especially helps to steer conversations into the future tense. reasons being this: > > * The past tense is often used for assigning blame > * the present tense is often used for discussing values > * and the future tense is often used for making choices or decisions in the future. > > This is a subtle twist of language that a lot of people don&#x27;t realize affects their discussions with others, and they react to it on a subconscious level. > > For example, picture this happening in one of your games. Person A just died to a gank because they pushed up too far and didn&#x27;t ward. Here we will look at the outcomes of using different verb tenses to discuss their death. > > **Case 1 - Past tense:** > > Person B: Dude you shouldn&#x27;t have been so far up &lt;- _notice the past tense, this will often make Person A feel like they are being attacked, and they are more likely to react by defending themselves instead of focusing on playing smarter the next time._ > person A: I wasn&#x27;t trying to die, they just caught me! It wasn&#x27;t my fault!!! > > Here Person A argued instead of recognizing or learning what they need to do better next time (ward and watch out for ganks). > > **Case 2 - Present tense:** > > Person B: Aww man that sucks, I&#x27;m sorry you&#x27;re dead right now. it&#x27;s not fair how they can pull bullshit like that. > person A: Thanks! Yeah, it&#x27;s so unfair! > > Here both players commiserate over the unfortunate event. Nothing is learned from it, but Person A is at least feeling supported by person B. As long as you use the present tense like this (to express support for a teammate after something bad happens), it will serve a good purpose because it will put Person A&#x27;s mind at ease and they won&#x27;t be worried about getting flamed by Person B every time they make a mistake. > > **Case 3 - Future tense:** > > Person B: Oof that&#x27;s unfortunate. Lets try to ward next time before you push like that again, maybe it will help keep you safe. > person A: Thanks! I&#x27;ll try that. > > Here person B makes the discussion focus more on what to do about the problem in the future, and they do it in a helpful way. This helps Player A to see why their push ended badly for them and gives them a clear goal - a safer strategy to try the next time that they want to push. > > **Also, keep in mind that verb tense is more than just talking about when to do something.** Telling somebody to &quot;stop feeding/flaming&quot; or to &quot;feed/flame less next time&quot; isn&#x27;t really using the future tense, because it is still making the player&#x27;s mistake from the past into the main focus of the discussion. > > --- > > # 3. On maintaining team morale and preventing tilt and arguments. > > A lot of the time, people begin to argue or tilt because of plays going badly. They can&#x27;t accept responsibility (or fault / blame) for their mistakes, or they are upset because somebody else&#x27;s mistake made the game harder to win. > > A series of bad plays is sometimes all it takes to drive a team into the worst sorts of in-fighting and arguments. This is why it is super important to maintain team morale and to keep people focused on strategy and future plays. > > When a play goes badly, you can head-off (or prevent) multiple problems. First you can prevent the player from tilting and getting anxious or afraid of their mistakes getting them blamed or harassed by the team. And second, you can help the whole team to not tilt by turning the focus away from the mistake and towards what can be done to prevent or make-up-for the mistake in the future. > > To do this you need to use a combination of the present and future tense, in order to make the player (or team) feel supported while also giving them a clear goal of something to do better the next time around. For example, the future tense case from section 2. Notice how Player B commiserates with player A to make them feel like Player B is on their side (&quot;oof that &#x27;s unfortunate,&quot; and then gives them an idea for what to do next time (&quot;Maybe if we ward next time it will keep you safe.&quot;) > > **Maintaining team morale isn&#x27;t just about preventing tilt though!** You don&#x27;t even have to try to make players feel better after a bad play if they are already feeling great in the first place! This is why it is important to compliment teammates whenever a play goes well. > > If the jungler ganks top and they kill the enemy or force the enemy to waste resources... Say something like &quot;good teamwork top &amp; jungle&quot; or &quot;great gank&quot; because these sorts of things will make them feel good about what they did well, and make them feel motivated to try to do such teamwork successfully again in the future. > > If bottom lane gets a tower or mid lane roams and makes a successful play, compliment them for it! People love praise and it will make them feel like you have their back. > > This has another benefit of making them trust you more, that way if things go wrong later and you need to give feedback or suggest they do something different, they will already think you are nice and will be less likely to take it personally or get upset when you tell them to do something differently. > > --- > > # Conclusion: > > Phew! That was a lot, I hope it wasn&#x27;t too much of a wall of text. That&#x27;s most of what I have to say for now. > > I&#x27;ve used each of these techniques to great effect in my own games, and I highly recommend you try them in your own. If you have any questions about them or you want to discuss other techniques, just let me know I&#x27;ll be happy to talk more about this.
Nosnide (NA)
: seeing a trend of Yi getting out of control.
Play Lissandra, Udyr, Malzahar, Ryze, or other champions with point and click CC. In the late game stick with your teammates and CC him as soon as he tries to dive onto anybody. I hate Yi too he's a sack of shit, but you can absolutely ruin his day right back if you employ these strategies.
Derenick (NA)
: If he didn't get his account back then how does he have a border, unless he made an account during his ban and Riot didn't find it or bought it. (Which just means he didnt reform, still broke the rules.) Since you know the research, show it to me. I found that he got unbanned during preseason, which would make him have no border on his account.
He probably has accounts that he didn't stream with and that Riot didn't know about. They most certainly didn't unban any accounts that they knew about and banned.
: There's been 100+ posts like this. It's just your average shitpost
Did you read the whole post? Or did you see the words "solo-carry" and then stop caring? "It's just your average shitpost" Doesn't seem like one to me. A lot of the time people complain about being unable to solo-carry games, and if this post were about that I would agree with you. But this post is not about that, it is actually about something very different. It is erroneous to lump this post with all the posts complaining about being unable to solo-carry games.
: My friend who likes to play Kindred jungle keeps going against Lee (known counterpick, apparently) and he always takes her red (and other camps) and she can't stop him without help from lanes, who don't always know to be watching out for his invades. What should Kindred jungle try to do when the other team has Lee?
Start at your opposite buff, that way when the Lee tries to invade and steal the buff after it respawns the next time, you can just ignore him and go to his buff on the opposite side of the map.
Akrid415 (NA)
: Why do some junglers focus on punking the jungle camps all match rather than gank? Example: Enemy jungler has established pressure and ganked top, mid and bot numerous times (combined). Team mate jungler continues to farm and shows up to the lanes after the fact the gank is over (if at all.) Timing issue? Afraid to screw up? New jungler? I freeze my lane near my own tower to help position a gank for our favor. Still nothing. Instead I get dove / 2 manned. :/ Really curious what their mindset is. This has happened numerous times my past few matches.
That's a bit of a leading question... but you've also answered it somewhat yourself. 1. Timing isn't always right for a gank, it could be pushed up or there could be a lot of minions to contend with. 2. The lane could already be behind, leading to a 2v1 situation where the enemy is still actually stronger than the other two players. 3. The jungler has to manage a number of different objectives and lanes, and to do that they need to be in position for those. They don't have a lot of availability to help every lane, and any choice they make to gank a lane means they lose pressure on the other side of the map. 4. Some junglers are just tilted, they see lanes losing and don't want to deal with it, or they fell behind in the early game and they think that the best way for them to get back into the game is by farming - which in some cases they are right and in others they are wrong. 5. Some types of champions in the jungle are not good at ganking, their win condition depends on them farming jungle camps and safely reaching their #-item power-spikes and THEN going places to impact the game.
: PSA: You shouldn't be "first timing" in ranked
Agree that people shouldn't be first-timing something. Disagree that people should dodge. They should instead have a few mains that they can play well and switch between, and everyone should have a champion they can play in each role, so that if they get auto-filled it won't cause problems.
: Is it Reportable to spam the respawn time of somebody .
Yeah, it is. Don't be a prick. It's really not difficult.
: ARE YOU HAPPY NOW ?
Vayne needed it, she is too dominant and has been wreaking havoc far more than she should be able to. This nerf is appropriate.
: Stop being an asshole about it because you are right once lol Nobody ever talked about Malzahar here, that he gets some slight nerfs doesn't change that.
"Why exactly do we pretend that..." followed by a thought that has never crossed my mind even once. You're essentially accusing the community of doing something it hasn't done. And people tend to not like being falsely accused of things.
hoganftw (NA)
: "Vayne is weak early"
Too bad early is over at 5 minutes now. Amirite?
: No option to report people who don't go Inspiration secondary for Stopwatch?
It is not punishable for a teammate to not take a strategy that you want them to take. Go be a dictator somewhere else.
: They better not buff her. I actually want the opposite. The sole thing I want nerfed on Caitlyn is trap duration in enemy turret range. Being unable to cs under turret because of a literal wall of traps you are forced to take two forms of damage for having the NERVE to try to get your share of gold is absurd. They shouldn’t last any more than a couple seconds in turret range.
I agree. We shouldn't have to play hopscotch in a minefield when all we're trying to do is farm safely under turret. Traps outside of turret? Fine. But having a bunch of them under turret in the laning phase is bullshit.
: a message to the boards From a little caitlyn player:
_Edit: Deleted and moved to relevant place._ Agree on the point that other marksmen are too strong currently, and that that is the problem, not Cait being too weak.
DracoMTA (NA)
: You want to know what makes League feel so bad now?
I've never actually seen the issue framed in this way, and it actually makes a lot more sense the way you said it OP. Thanks for putting into words something that I couldn't put together for myself. +1
Verxint (NA)
: Gbay made a video about this - one of the worst things is that if one person is bad or throwing a temper tantrum, you can't just work around them. You need them because you have no way to compensate. This is especially bad if the person is throwing a fit because you're basically forced to beg and plead with a crybaby as if they had the moral high ground.
: Currently testing quite a few normal runes in different trees as well as the keystones mentioned recently by Meddler (Spellbook changes and a new keystone in testing) EDIT: Will mention that the keystone in testing is not DFT-like, though we've mentioned we're watching mages that favored that keystone in the older system. Keystone in testing is bruiser related. [Here's the link to the comment](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/K9zRyuEe-quick-gameplay-thoughts-january-10?comment=00080000)
Hi Sparkle! I would like to discuss an idea with you regarding runes, items, classes and the base stats offered by runes: Statement: It seems a bit complicated and confusing to me to have stats locked behind certain trees, as some champions might want to use one tree but can't make use of the stats for it, or others might take really good advantage of certain combinations. Observation: Another thing I have noticed is that often enough, Riot has to nerf or tweak items because some classes misuse them (support items on everyone else, juggernaut or assassin items on marksmen, etc.) I was discussing this with another user recently and an idea came up of creating a pre-game or early-game decision for players where they choose a class that they plan to play their champion as, and in doing so, gain some benefits: * base stats appropriate to that class (instead of from runes) * gain access to certain items that are deemed key for that class, or become locked out of, or get reduced benefits from - certain items that are deemed unhealthy for that class. it seems to me this sort of trick might kill two birds with one stone, but obviously that's just my opinion and I'm curious to know if a designer such as yourself thinks it could work. Do you think that such a system would work? Or would it be too unwieldy to implement and/or impractical or have other problems? if you think it would work, what would you be most interested in testing as parts of it?
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qXvf0d8s,comment-id=000800060000,timestamp=2018-01-16T08:02:10.969+0000) > > Did you seriously just pitch me some kind of ridiculous conspiracy theory that Meddler only nerfs female champions while simultaneously demanding serious discussion on your listed topics?? > > We&#x27;ve talked about this before, Miku. I&#x27;m going to bed now. Thanks for proving my point about Rito sweeping issues under the rug and intentionally avoiding discussion with sarcastic remarks and blatant disrespect towards your **CUSTOMERS.**
You twist their words around on them and manipulate the situation so that the only acceptable response is to give in to your demands, that's not having a discussion or asking questions, that is being a conversational dictator. Ceasing to talk with you is not proving your point, it's the only sane option for them. You can't just claim that you are right because of the other side stopping responding, you can't just rewrite reality to suit your beliefs like that. If that were how the world works then anybody could win an argument simply by behaving annoying enough to make others stop caring to talk to them. Lucky for the rest of us, that's not how the world works. They stopped responding because you yourself are refusing to talk about things in a reasonable manner. You are taking things personally which have nothing to do with you, and you are picking fights that don't need to be had. This isn't persuasive of you, and most people who see this discussion chain will see how you have acted and then decide to side with the Rioter because you were behaving in an irrational and inflammatory way.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qXvf0d8s,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-01-16T02:31:50.986+0000) > 1. This topic is an opinion disguised as a question. Its not. untouched since S4 is a fact >V4.5 Base armor increased to 19 from 15. Crushing Blow Crushing Blow Armor reduction reduced to 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% from 30% at all ranks. Cyclone Cyclone Attack damage ratio reduced to (+ 110% AD) from (+ 120% AD). .... >You probably knew this one. No, it&#x27;s not somehow better when posted in this format. As my father used to say: &quot;I didn&#x27;t fall off the turnip truck yesterday&quot; which in this case translates to &quot;I can see this is still a statement even though you put a ? at the end&quot;. The opinion you hold here that you&#x27;re trying to get across in this question is that Wukong should be &quot;touched&quot;** but you offer no indication for what you actually want to talk about or are unhappy with (why touch him? The gameplay? The visuals? His backstory? A particular ability? His interactions with items or runes or whatever?). ** not like many of us tried to... here or on reddit https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/vKMyVax6-wukong-overall-pros-and-cons https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/kljB8lNE-meddler-could-wukong-be-a-possible-candidate-for-a-mini-rework https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/A37c1wPG-wukong-the-monkey-king-in-regards-to-a-potential-divers-update i disagree with many points on theses posts...but aren't theses post all u wanted ??? > Now, if anyone has a genuine question I&#x27;m usually more than happy to answer if I know an answer or direct someone to the conversation if it will be productive. A topic/start like this wouldn&#x27;t make for productive discussion though. However, I wanted to let you know why this topic wouldn&#x27;t usually get a response, because you seem frustrated with the lack of responses in general. How can we be more productive than this https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6tuzvy/wukong_needs_a_rework_here_is_why/ {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} An Otp Wukong, Best regards
I agree generally, and I also think Wukong needs a rework, but the OP was veiling opinions with the fact that Wu hasn't been touched in 4 years. It's a fact that Wukong hasn't been touched in 4 years. But asking, "who is responsible for this" is obviously just asking for who to blame. It's not about facts anymore then it is just about pointing fingers and being a dick. _Edit: As a Wukong main, which builds do you think work best and which ones do you think should be ignored? I've been trying to make use of a triforce and juggernaut build, but I'm meeting with mixed success._
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qXvf0d8s,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-01-16T02:31:50.986+0000) > > Ok, let&#x27;s talk about this for a sec. This is not a great way to communicate, so I (and most other Rioters) would generally ignore this topic. Let&#x27;s talk about why, though. I feel like you&#x27;re trying to follow some of the rules of good communication and are currently frustrated with your lack of responses. So, some reasons why you might not be getting the replies you&#x27;re after: > > 1. This topic is an opinion disguised as a question. You probably knew this one. No, it&#x27;s not somehow better when posted in this format. As my father used to say: &quot;I didn&#x27;t fall off the turnip truck yesterday&quot; which in this case translates to &quot;I can see this is still hostile even though you put a ? at the end&quot;. The opinion you hold here that you&#x27;re trying to get across in this question is that Wukong should be &quot;touched&quot; but you offer no indication for what you actually want to talk about or are unhappy with (why touch him? The gameplay? The visuals? His backstory? A particular ability? His interactions with items or runes or whatever?). > > 2. You&#x27;re actively asking for a head to roll. This topic is literally asking &quot;hey which Rioter can I yell at for this thing?&quot;. So like, you&#x27;re not actually dodging the &quot;blaming&quot; thing from your topic title at all. > > 3. You&#x27;re somehow implying one dude is in charge of making Wukong decisions or something, idk. That&#x27;s not how it works. There is like, actually literally no answer to your question because that&#x27;s not how decision making happens on League of Legends. I have no idea how you think we work, but it&#x27;s not like we have weekly Wukong meetings or something. If you wanted to know more about that decision making, that would be legit but that&#x27;s not what you asked. > > Now, if anyone has a genuine question I&#x27;m usually more than happy to answer if I know an answer or direct someone to the conversation if it will be productive. A topic/start like this wouldn&#x27;t make for productive discussion though. However, I wanted to let you know why this topic wouldn&#x27;t usually get a response, because you seem frustrated with the lack of responses in general. I have seen a couple well worded Wukong threads started in the last few days. Do you think any of them touched on some issues that you might be able to give some feedback on? I am linking the two threads that caught my notice with posters that lay out their thoughts in a constructive manner. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/kXJAygbE-its-2018-riot-its-time-we-had-a-talk-about-wukong https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/vKMyVax6-wukong-overall-pros-and-cons
There have also been a number of very interesting rework ideas. I've both seen and created threads that had a lot of effort put into them and had some very unique takes on how to improve Wukong.
Zezilian (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=scazzman,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=266lPrJ0,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-16T06:39:08.424+0000) > > it tells people that insulting someones disability is &quot;less not okay&quot; then insulting their sexual orientation or skin color It's not an insult, it's a medical diagnose. Unfortunately, sometimes it's being misused based on looks.
Potato potahto. How people use it matters. If it is being used as an insult then it is an insult, regardless of its other meanings. Same thing with racial and homophobic slurs. Calling somebody "gay" used to mean they were happy a long long time ago. People started using it as a word for people with preferences other than the opposite sex, and even then it was fine. But after people started using it in the broshooter genre as a synonym for shitty it became an insult. It's damn unfortunate when people appropriate a group's identifier for use as a demeaning word, but the fact of the matter is that it happens. And when that happens it does become an insult.
: I don't think the boards really grasp how ADCs should be nerfed
That was a damn good analysis. I was unaware of several of the issues you brought up, and your reasoning makes a lot of sense. I would be in favor of pretty much all of these changes! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Show more

HalcyonDweller

Level 40 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion