Jaxi (NA)
: Feeling overwhelmed by the meta. Any tips for this noob trying to climb plat?
Been noticing this a lot as well. Especially in mid silver rank, you have to play rock paper scissors about who to ban. If I ban Pyke, they can pick Yasuo. If I ban Yasuo, there might be a Morde. As an ADC it gets pretty overwhelming seeing all this combination of mobility, damage, and cc that you can hardly counter. I'd like to see a Jayce or something different every now and then.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Why do you even play immobile ADCs
Because playing another character would be cheating. {{champion:22}} Honestly at my elo I can still win a lot with her in spite of it. It's a chore sometimes and can get super frustrating when half the time your teams don't know if peeling has something to do with oranges. But if you love a champ enough, you'll persevere. I've regularly beaten Ezreal, Vayne, Tristana, and even have a 100% win rate this season against Kai'sa. Depends on the luck of your team and if you know your champion inside and out, I guess.
: Sexism
You're kind of proving his point... Cringe.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Ashe has always had this problem. She needs her Q stacked before a fight and the very nature of her slow ult (and no mobility), makes her an absolute squishy carry. You never want to even find yourself in the range of your opponent unless you've clearly got an advantage. Otherwise, you don't have access to your DPS (Q) and R-ing frantically has a failure rate of about 90%. Even in the 10% you actually hit it, you still can't escape the death zone of a champion that's already gotten that close to her. Ashe is actually a support carry. Her kit has two of such abilities (E and R). Scouting ahead and being pinpoint with your R are skills Ashe players need to learn to play around with. And her Q downtime, which is her main DPS skill. Many times i've played Ashe before, i've had 3-5x more Assists than i do Kills. But that can actually be me being really uncomfortable with not having access to my Q when i want it because it needs to be prepped before a fight first. And in a world where anything that touches you has the potential to instakill you, Ashe is quite a juicy target to pop before she can even start a proper fight. So she's essentially reduced to an R and W bot most of the times.
That is indeed true. My assists can be in the 20s but I'll have barely more kills than deaths in most games. Problem is in lower ranks you get blamed for your "bad KDA" and players will bitch that you die too often or "you do no damage." It gets tilting at times and I have to aggressively mute in those situations. Never mind that finding a team that actually peels for you is like a needle in a haystack. "Why aren't you with team?" Gee, I only play the second slowest character in the game.
1 Wing (NA)
: I am so frustrated by how the arcade event ended.
I feel you. I barely got the Caitlyn prestige skin on the last day of the event. (I kept re-checking the event page just to make sure there was even still time to get enough tokens.) Some of us actually have lives and work for a living and can't sit in our chair all day spamming League. I think 2000 of those tokens is unreasonable and I don't know if I can do that again even though I love playing Irelia and really would like having the new prestige skin. (Good grief, two of my mains in a row with prestige skins... struggling not to be suckered into the cash grab again.) If they weren't event exclusives, never-to-be-seen-again, it wouldn't be so bad. But this is ridiculous and maybe I'm going to have to reconsider the value of these things, which is honestly just pixels at the end of the day.
Moody P (NA)
: Why are modern DPS picks so bursty?
Doesn't even feel like I can compete playing Ashe anymore. Sustaining a stream of damage is unreasonable against champions that burst you before you can even make 3 attack moves. Kiting is a thing of the past. Just stand there and take it and hope your stat checking pans out. Unless you get fed early, she feels more like a support champion.
: PROJECT 2019 Event Guide
I was kind of hoping for a base skin Irelia unlocked statue. Project is cool and all, but can't we get the real characters before getting all fancy? Was down to buy regular Irelia, not sure I'll be spending my money on this.
: At this point I feel like I'm just praying my teammates don't wet the bed
I feel you man. There's very little agency in the games. You either have a good team or the enemy does. There's nothing you can do alone to improve the situation. Even playing on a godly level in comparison to the other players, making smart decisions, avoiding bad teamfights and prioritizing objectives over running down kills won't help you. One special needs top laner, one autofilled support, one greedy mid laner is all it takes to ruin any hope you had. I often can tell who will win just be clicking on the players at the loading screen and seeing how many people have barely even played their champion before. To my horror, some are even barely above level 30. I do just about everything I can to improve my knowledge and gameplay, but it's really just how much frustration you can take. All of us aren't Faker but it's amazing the kind of trash players who are ranked higher than me. At this point it might be time to throw away my dignity and spam Tryndamere until I reach a rank where the players have brains.
Rioter Comments
: Great. Another anime skinline. Because everyone who plays league is a giant weeb i guess. Oh and half the champions in this one are also in the star guardian line, really original. You could have Ryze, Zilean or even Ornn as a teacher. But why graves? And why do ez and lux get yet another skin? They almost have more skins than the rest of the champion pool combined. Udyr, Zilean, Xerath, Skarner, Shaco and Rek'sai are all sitting at 1400+ days without a skin (that's almost 4 years.)
Yeah, I'm starting to get the hint I don't belong in this game. It's like I only have a choice of sparkly anime or maybe cowboy anime anymore. Is every League player a weeb and I just happened to sneak in past the guards?
: > [{quoted}](name=Hauling Ashe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2FV8jEjv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-02T05:02:48.110+0000) > > New Blitzcrank doesn't feel "electric" and old-timey anymore. Exactly. I don't know why it was necessary for them to change the VFX when it was already good on Blitzcrank.
> [{quoted}](name=Mobile SentryGun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2FV8jEjv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T05:12:50.821+0000) > > Exactly. I don't know why it was necessary for them to change the VFX when it was already good on Blitzcrank. I'm just starting to see that the game is getting too "new" and aimed at a _much_ younger and less mature audience. Either that or I'm getting old. I don't know. It's the little things that have been stacking up over time that are causing the game to lose its charm.
: Blitzcrank
New Blitzcrank doesn't feel "electric" and old-timey anymore. Effects look like they came out of another generic Marvel fight scene.
: Bethesda has fallen, and now Blizzard also has fallen
Too late. Riot already has jumped on the bandwagon. Just in a more cultural way.
: Draw a boy. Call it a girl.
Riot ruining everything that gives me love for their game in 2018. much edge, big stronk, vary wahmen
: Ashe: Warmother. Issue #1. Avail nows!
Well, this sucks. Just when I consider coming back to League I see this hot pile of garbage that will ruin my favorite lore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=000300000000000000010000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:50:12.727+0000) > > Sorry, I was so distracted by the disgusting levels of heterosexuality I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on. I just don't understand why it has to be shoved down my throat like that, literally repulsive. Ironic considering how flamingly heterophobic you are along with having a summoner name that _**literally**_ screams, "I'm gay!"
> [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000010000000200000000000000000007,timestamp=2018-11-21T01:56:44.215+0000) > > While I understand sarcasm can be difficult to understand on the internet I feel like that statement was dripping with so much of it that you would have to intentionally not understand it to try and make your incorrect point. I was well aware of the sarcasm. Your hostile demeanor has been quite evident throughout all your posts in this entire thread.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=000300000000000000010000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:50:12.727+0000) > > Sorry, I was so distracted by the disgusting levels of heterosexuality I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on. I just don't understand why it has to be shoved down my throat like that, literally repulsive. Ironic considering how flamingly heterophobic you are along with having a summoner name that _**literally**_ screams, "I'm gay!"
> [{quoted}](name=Vartius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000010000000200000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-11-20T05:41:31.290+0000) > > Uh, it didn't seem he was at any moment? > > Heteronormativity is a pretty good point actually. It's not that it's evil. It's that it's there, not only in reference to sexuality. People will just always assume something is "in the majority" untill proven otherwise. Thank God it is the majority or we would have died out thousands of years ago.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=000300000000000000010000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:50:12.727+0000) > > Sorry, I was so distracted by the disgusting levels of heterosexuality I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on. I just don't understand why it has to be shoved down my throat like that, literally repulsive. Ironic considering how flamingly heterophobic you are along with having a summoner name that _**literally**_ screams, "I'm gay!"
> [{quoted}](name=Vartius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000010000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T05:35:57.242+0000) > > You do realize he was sarcastic? He was then, but I was just replying to one out of several posts of his. He's pretty clear about his disdain for heterosexual people and the EVUL HETERONORMATIVITY REEEEEE.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vartius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000010000000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:48:57.419+0000) > > HA GOTCHA! > > > ... He has a moustache. Not a beard. Sorry, I was so distracted by the disgusting levels of heterosexuality I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on. I just don't understand why it has to be shoved down my throat like that, literally repulsive.
> [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=000300000000000000010000000100000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:50:12.727+0000) > > Sorry, I was so distracted by the disgusting levels of heterosexuality I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on. I just don't understand why it has to be shoved down my throat like that, literally repulsive. Ironic considering how flamingly heterophobic you are along with having a summoner name that _**literally**_ screams, "I'm gay!"
: This Dumb Lazy Millennial Generation
The difference between millennials then and millennials now is that modern millennials are convinced of an alternate reality of genders.
Rioter Comments
QMighty (NA)
: I always felt like that would've been a cool skin for her.
Rioter Comments
Lenn (NA)
: ONE QUICK TIP ON HOW TO WIN EVERY ADC GAME (NOT A SCAM!)
Good sir, I have discovered a disconcerting bug! I won with Caitlyn in top lane!
Rioter Comments
: I'm actually so surprised how hard Silver-Gold elo really is as a former 1-trick Diamond Ryze.
Now imagine being a less-skilled player trying to climb in those ranks. It's impossible to solo carry. :/
Ifneth (NA)
: Your whole argument is that you just don’t want to lose your fanservice, though, which is not a good reason to compromise a champion’s design. You see, every champion has a theme that they are designed to fit, but lots of female champions’ designs were compromised for fanservice. My argument is and has been that, when Riot visually updates these champions, these compromises should be removed. Akali is one of these champions. Your argument, as I understand it, is that her compromises should remain because you and some other players like them. But if Riot let you keep your design compromised, then not only would Akali players who don’t share your views not get a theme-matching design, but Riot would also have to do the same for all the other champs like her. I hope you now can see that they either all change, or all stay the same. I want them to change. I want to see what they would look like if they didn’t have to break their own fiction just to deliver fanservice. Don’t you?
Nothing was "compromised". Akali is Akali. She was created as she is currently. She was never anything else. No one had a problem with it. There was once a time when people could just enjoy the simple things for being simple and fun without people having to make a social issue about them. It would be nice if I could still enjoy those things in League without someone trying to pressure a reality into a fantasy game. No, I don't want them to change some things. People didn't want Swain to lose his cane. Or Graves to lose his cigar. I don't want Caitlyn to lose her Antebellum dress. I don't want Irelia to lose her "surfing" blade. Or Akali to get censored. Your argument is that Riot should pander to people who dislike seeing a little skin. I'm sure you weren't up in arms to this degree about Taric's and Rakan's bare chests.
Ifneth (NA)
: Not so fast. Your past two replies have smugly insulted me while ignoring my arguments, and the ones before just repeated that sexualized champs must remain so because some players enjoy their fanservice and that whoever disagrees must be the ‘fun police’. If you have such a persuasive argument in favor of keeping the fanservice as you seem to imply, then make it. If not, then admit that you just want fanservice and would miss it if it were gone.
I never denied I like the fanservice and would miss it if it were gone. That doesn't make your "argument" any better. You don't like something that I and several others like, therefore you want to remove it to satisfy your sense of some sort of digital justice. That's basically your argument. You're literally seeking your own form of fanservice for Riot to cater to you. If you don't like Akali, then don't play Akali. It's that simple.
Ifneth (NA)
: In the sense that she is scantily clad, Akali doesn’t have a different look from many older female champions. Janna, Katarina, and LeBlanc are a few examples. That she’s always been that way doesn’t mean she should always be that way, especially when the visual update offers a chance to rework her look. More than one Akali player here has said they don’t like her skimpy clothes because they don’t fit her theme. You must admit that it’s more important that a skin deliver a solid fantasy to everyone than fanservice to just some mains. And Akali’s look is, as I said above, not unique but part of an pattern of female champions who were sexualized even though attractiveness was not part of their theme. Breaking that pattern will mean de-sexualizing all of them, through one visual update after another, however much some of their players will miss the fanservice they provided. There’s no way around it. Lots of people may like one fanservice-y champ or another how she is, but leaving them all to have sex appeal regardless of theme isn’t good, either. So when this update comes, it’ll be Akali’s turn to switch.
OK. Go ahead and enjoy enforcing your standards onto everyone else for your own sense of what is "right". Seems like you can't stand something others have enjoyed for years because it doesn't fit what you want to see. I wonder how you survived for so long knowing that Akali had a dress that wasn't up to your code. Must have really prevented you from having fun playing this game all this time. Peace out.
Ifneth (NA)
: But it’s not fun for _me_ and many other players to have them _all_ look sexy. I want each one to have a different look to go with her theme. That’s my idea of fun. By saying that they should all look alike, and I know you don’t mean to be, you’re being my ‘fun police’.
Sounds like a you problem. Akali _does_ have a different look from all other champions. And she's always been this way. You saying you want to spoil her look for other players by removing a preexisting trait many people enjoy to cater to you is the same as if I said Illaoi should be remade with an hourglass figure because I don't enjoy her current model.
CLG ear (NA)
: i doubt the hospital administrator would let her dress like that this is what she would be wearing most likely https://i.imgur.com/EsCAM2f.jpg[]
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nw1tc0lP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-17T22:06:47.508+0000) > > i doubt the hospital administrator would let her dress like that > > this is what she would be wearing most likely > > https://i.imgur.com/EsCAM2f.jpg[] cleavage is the best medicine though
Ifneth (NA)
: But I look at you and see the same thing—just the other way around. Almost every female champ is somehow designed to be attractive. That’s why you always hear about this.
And to that I ask: So what? Again, fun police.
Ifneth (NA)
: They’re not fun for everyone or all the time, which is what you’re implying even if you didn’t mean to.
And likewise League of Legends is not fun for everyone or all the time. So what's your point? No one is ever up in arms about boobs in LoL until a rework happens or a new skin is revealed, and then suddenly the fun police comes out of the woodwork. I bet a bunch of you are gonna whine about Sona having cleavage when it's her turn to get an update, too. What about me? I don't like champs that have "demonic" themes or look like they're straight out of an anime, but no one seems to care if I don't find it fun. And they shouldn't. I just deal with it and let other people enjoy it, because I like the game enough to look past it for myself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hauling Ashe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QXUJdYEF,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-02-15T01:10:54.267+0000) > > At level 11 I was brand new to MOBA and still learning the difference between AD and AP. I don't think I would have known what to do with runes at that point. So instead you would rather get put with horrible ones and have no customization, demotivating you from playing the game. Back when i was new to the game i remember buying spell vamp quints and going ap spellvamp shyvana cuz i thought all magic damage scaled with ap. AND I HAD FUN The best part about actually being new to the game is you have an excuse to try random stuff, and ppl cant rlly flame you for it much, cuz u are new. I used to have a lot of fun b4 getting smite and going blu buff into drake with old ww and doing lvl 1 drake (this was b4 global drake timer so it would leave a lot of ppl confused). I would play smiteless ww jungle rushing tear. AND IT WAS FUN Back then i remember someone sayin smth like "you need smite to jungle" and i was like "dafuq is a smite?". It took me a lot of levels to even find out what runes and masteries were, but i never felt like having them was putting me down. Quite the opposite actually, as soon as i realized how they worked i was like "why dafuq do i have to play with less masteries than other ppl". That original search for what was good in the seemingly mysterious (for me) place that was the jungle is pretty much what led me to be a jungle main. Nowadays i play 90% of my games in the jungle. And the problem remains, past year i had many of my friends start playing and i remember all of them complaining about the struggle to finally get lvl 18 and be able to use a keystone. Now i made a new account and i have the struggle to be able to see the runes. Followed by the struggle to be able to edit the keystone. Followed by the struggle to be able to actually edit pages. Followed by the struggle to finally get free boots (and free stopwatch and cookiez sometimes i guess). It's horrible cuz right from the start you see that you can experiment a lot with the runes but they just remain out of reach over 20 HOURS of playing the game. Thats is more time than the necessary to fully finish some rpgs. And we are talkin about unlocking the basics here. It feels awful playing mf with pta. And not having any runes with any sustain. And to not even have demolish to be able to better farm exp in TT. It's horrible.
Calm the hell down, good grief. I just gave a _very_ short opinion on things based on my personal first-time experience at League, and you respond with this rant? I have friends new to League as well, and currently they're more concerned about learning the basics of items and basic gameplay. It doesn't take long to reach level 11, but it's long enough to teach people what this game is all about before blasting them with every complexity all at once. This system is NOT DESIGNED FOR SMURFS LIKE YOU. Which is the reason all you entitled brat posters complain about all this stuff 24/7. You're all upset because Riot isn't catering to your smurfing habits. Most of you don't really give a crap about new players and perpetuate this notion that "League is dying" because you've surrounded yourselves with negativity that is more likely to scare new players off than the actual learning curve of the game. The League boards are IMPOSSIBLE to satisfy with anything. So, in lieu of your post, I've decided I'm going to follow Riot's example and ignore the boards like a sensible human would do. Thank you for helping me see the light. GLHF
CLG ear (NA)
: if an anime character is watching anime on their TV, is it still anime or live action?
Proxy345 (NA)
: Dear Trolls: The 5-0 may come knocking on your door soon lol
: There's 5 bans, that's more than enough to catch a nasus. Just ban him if he's worth a board post. Or...And I might be crazy.... Play him!
: To my Favorite champion, Taliyah
I used to play Katarina mid almost exclusively until I gave Taliyah a whirl. Hands down my favorite mid laner.
JayLeet (EUW)
: all of my teammates are flaming me, so I left the game, is it justified that i get banned for it?
As others have said, muting the flamers is the best solution. The only time I would ever purposely leave a game is if people are inting without letting the enemy finish off the game. That is what we refer to as "holding the game hostage".
: I've actually found a really really strong counterpick against nasus. I've never lost to him using this strategy......Wait for it......I ban him.
But you've never beaten him with that strategy either. Can't you see? OP champion!
Slythion (NA)
: ...why are you restricted from making custom rune pages until level 11
At level 11 I was brand new to MOBA and still learning the difference between AD and AP. I don't think I would have known what to do with runes at that point.
: What the hell are you even talking about? Is this a joke post?
This is the second post he's made about this. He thinks there's some conspiracy about the time ticking to a specific digit before getting into a game. Must be smoking something good.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hauling Ashe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MaFlVdnY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-15T00:13:28.036+0000) > > Just to make you feel worse, you'll never get Victorious even if you make it to gold. :/ Yeah, which is the most absurd thing in this game. I feel like if you hit gold, you should get to pick one of the gold skins. I'm still attempting, but knowing I can never get Maokai...it's like wtf is the point?
IKR? I'm an ADC main, and if I manage to make it to gold, it would be disappointing if I got a Victorious skin for someone like Jax when Sivir is the character I'd actually use.
: you don't know annoying till an Ashe builds frozen mallet. lol
> [{quoted}](name=GageNA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=axb3sZ4s,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-11-07T02:03:12.797+0000) > > you don't know annoying till an Ashe builds frozen mallet. lol You DO realize that Ashe slow passive gets stronger based on the amount of crit chance you've built? Frozen Mallet is an absolute waste on Ashe. Do you build Luden's with Runic Echoes too?
: @Final Spark Lux - Good Morning my Beautiful Daughter
: {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Yeah, Victorious skins are a one-time reward for people who are gold+ in their release season.
: Why are Sivir skins so hard to obtain?
Just to make you feel worse, you'll never get Victorious even if you make it to gold. :/
: Bronze is not an Elo Hell, get good.
False. Some people are better at the macro and actual objective play/teamplay decision making, but have trouble with the whole "solo carry" mentality. I play a lot of team-oriented and team-reliant champions rather than your Yi and Tryndamere types that tend to dominate low elo matches, and I know I suffer for it. You can have a great understanding of the game and yet dig yourself into a hole with unviable champion pools.
: Summoner Showcase 137
Caitlyn is straight. It's pretty much implied in her VO. Hate that ship.
Show more

Hauling Ashe

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion