: Counterplay to Zhonyas
The general consensus on this Board is that all assassin-type champions should be removed from the game. Don't bother trying to point out that champions like {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} get to abuse the very same defensive item that was meant to enable champions like {{champion:9}} {{champion:25}}, who need to 1v5 dive to function. Nobody will hear you.
: This is why ELO Hell feels real, because in a way, it is.
55% winrate deserves to climb? On this account, my Talon has a 68% winrate in gold because I played during the shitshow of positional ranking, and I still lose sleep over how low this winrate is...
: Why? Ivern sucks,shaco is basically a troll pick, and garen is pretty shit, also those champions are getting changes that will overall be a net buff but idk by how much. Like none of the champions listed are good. Also lol blitz is getting nerfed lol. Why not just revert the fucking buff to him.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4JgmBRbB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-01T01:15:20.476+0000) > > Why? Ivern sucks,shaco is basically a troll pick, and garen is pretty shit, also those champions are getting changes that will overall be a net buff but idk by how much. > > Like none of the champions listed are good. > > Also lol blitz is getting nerfed lol. Why not just revert the fucking buff to him. Because nobody enjoys playing against Ivern or Shaco.
MamaDuck (EUW)
: Fleet Footwork Talon?
Talon's damage has been gutted to hell as it is. We literally cannot afford to lose Eletrocute.
: Annie is a slow ass glass cannon, near-field ranged champion in a game full of enemies that can just frolic away out of reach like a flamboyant donkey with pixie wings. If anyone gets caught by an Annie in her current state, they are terrible at reading some very clear intentions and/or not bothering to keep track of important information, such as cooldowns and her position at all times. Her entire utility revolves around 2 things: flash, and ult. If you know if at least 1 of those are down, her kill threat is halved, and if both are down, she doesn't even exist. Adding a spell-based movement steroid will make her a bit more fun to play while still not allowing her to lose her predictability (perhaps if its not so obvious, here's a tip: Annie will almost ALWAYS run either directly or generally towards you if she intends to kill or harass you. beat her to it and just all-in, you will most likely kill her every time). I see nothing wrong in giving her a small boost in mobility, so that every rune page and item build usable by Annie doesn't have to be built entirely towards mobility plays. It would be nice to put some ticks into damage-based or utility runes without losing too much useful mobility for an already immobile champion. There are far more mobile or long-range mages who do just as much, if not more, damage than Annie does. Annie should be at the very bottom of your concerns for unfair gameplay and lack of counterplay. She's actually one of the _few balanced champions_ Riot has ever achieved compared to ...many others that are broken beyond help. In exchange of that boost, they are increasing the mana cost, cooldown, halving the damage reduction, AND eliminating Tibbers' damage reduction so he can at least die quicker in teamfights or not be able to tank towers. That said, in all honesty, I would have preferred they fixed her bugs with Tibbers and fixed her animation delays which make her feel so incredibly clunky. But as of current, we're stuck with those flaws. Sweet little Annie is a ranged near-proximity burst mage who has to literally either walk up to you to kill you, or flash, which can and does miss quite often, meanwhile putting herself in dangerous situations since she can't do anything else after that. Hey, really want to see Annie be useless? Formulate a team of zero squishies - bruisers/tanks with lots of CC, and see how quickly useless Annie becomes. Annie into the incredibly mobile and deadly Pyke is also a deathwish. Or literally any long-ranged "control mage" can make Annie cry black Mascara streams of tears. Annie has many drawbacks for such a simple kit and playstyle. I don't think the tiny boost in mobility would cause her to violently skyrocket in win rates, especially as it comes with a whole slew of tradeoffs. I believe this is just a one-off attempt to help bring a champion as old as the game itself up-to-date with the insanely fast-paced state of modern League of Legends.
> If anyone gets caught by an Annie in her current state, they are terrible at reading some very clear intentions and/or not bothering to keep track of important information, such as cooldowns and her position at all times. This literally applies to anyone who wants to oneshot the backline with one rotation. It's 9 seasons into this godforsaken game already, people have gotten disgustingly good, so just flashing on them with a combo is impossible for anyone. This is why we play the vision game. This is why we continuously weed out enemy wards until we're behind a wall and they don't know we're there, so we can hop over and do what we do.
Hwke94 (NA)
: Remove Pyke Passive Heal.
...as someone who plays purely assassins, I feel like Pyke is a *really* terrible way for Riot to implement an assassin support. He's so slippery and impossible to punish, but that's because he sucks fucking ass when you really want to force a fight reliably and immediately. What we should have gotten is a burstier but squishier version of Leona, with no sustain or escapes, and the only thing worth keeping from Pyke's entire kit is the sharing kill gold so his ADCs don't ragequit.
: rework nocturn and rengar
I like how the title is Nocturne and Rengar, but then you randomly mention Talon in the last sentence, in a declarative statement with no supporting evidence. To seriously address your concerns, though, immobile ADCs have always been hard fucked by things like Noc and Rengo. It's just the nature of the matchup. It's the same sort of despair that you feel when you pick Talon mid and then get to lane to see a Kled/Xin/Renekton, or when you pick Kled/Renek and the enemy top locks in Quinn/Kennen. League of counterpicks is pretty annoying, I 100% agree, but this is one part of the game that's unironically working as intended. League is a strategy game after all, so the game really does start in champ select.
: Irelia is breaking games
...c'mon dude, you really feel like losing to Irelia is more unfair than losing to {{champion:58}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:126}} ?
GankLord (NA)
: Pyke is way too safe
Honestly, even as someone who only play AD assassins, Pyke is fucking disgusting.
: > [{quoted}](name=ApothNinja,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UMjqnNyG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-29T20:32:41.701+0000) > > I mute more as a jungler nowadays than every other role combined. > > I went 20/1/10 as Shaco yesterday, stopped the enemy jungler from getting any dragons or barons and we won losing only one turret. Multiple times throughout the game both bot laners and the mid laner blamed me for them struggling to keep up with their opposing laners. > > Jungling right now sucks. The role has been nerfed into the ground, and "jg diff" is the easiest out for laners having a shitty game. Its been nerfed in all the wrong ways. Warding was made a luxury you couldn't afford in the early game so laners and junglers can't defend as easily from ganks and invades. Getting lvl 3 was made even harder. It's risky to go a champ that has to do 4 camps or the krug route to be made relevant if the opposing jungler can just do double buffs then perma gank 2 lanes in the meanwhile. Heaven forbid if as a jungler you get invaded and 2 of your camps stolen, you are S.O.L. and you and your team are now on a slippery slope to defeat as you get more choked for resources if the enemy doesn't throw their tempo advantage. All of this can be attributed to (but most likely not because) Riot wanting pro play not be 25 minutes snooze fest of people farming/warding/ward clearing then having 1-2 lackluster team fights. As of right now the jungle role is 100% dependent on how competent your team is, insomuch as how much they can exploit the tempo and value you create. The jungle is a power multiplier for you team, and if your team is 0 doesn't really matter how strong you are. Same is true if you have a jungler that doesn't know what they're doing or got screwed. If they do bad generally the whole team will suffer because of the inability to secure game-winning objectives. TLDR: Jungle has been slowly strangled in what they can do to get/maintain/catchup in tempo and people are tired of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Pendergast891,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UMjqnNyG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-30T00:00:11.230+0000) > > Its been nerfed in all the wrong ways. Warding was made a luxury you couldn't afford in the early game so laners and junglers can't defend as easily from ganks and invades. > > Getting lvl 3 was made even harder. It's risky to go a champ that has to do 4 camps or the krug route to be made relevant if the opposing jungler can just do double buffs then perma gank 2 lanes in the meanwhile. > > Heaven forbid if as a jungler you get invaded and 2 of your camps stolen, you are S.O.L. and you and your team are now on a slippery slope to defeat as you get more choked for resources if the enemy doesn't throw their tempo advantage. > > All of this can be attributed to (but most likely not because) Riot wanting pro play not be 25 minutes snooze fest of people farming/warding/ward clearing then having 1-2 lackluster team fights. > > As of right now the jungle role is 100% dependent on how competent your team is, insomuch as how much they can exploit the tempo and value you create. The jungle is a power multiplier for you team, and if your team is 0 doesn't really matter how strong you are. Same is true if you have a jungler that doesn't know what they're doing or got screwed. If they do bad generally the whole team will suffer because of the inability to secure game-winning objectives. > > TLDR: Jungle has been slowly strangled in what they can do to get/maintain/catchup in tempo and people are tired of it. You know back when pro play was farming/warding, soloqueue(at least for players who are actually skilled enough to deserve this game)was more or less the same thing? I still have nightmares about those Season 4/5 days when mid-diamond and above players would ward up every chokepoint and deny me any actions for 20 minutes straight. You gotta try to understand that for people who aren't inbred and braindead, you're already late to your gank/dive the moment you stop to clear a ward. The enemy team knows that someone is there now, and they'll all be repositioning accordingly.
: Can we finally buff vision?
Vision = more safety = completely shutting down anything that isn't poke/siege. Honestly, it's season 9 already, people are just too good at the game in general. If you give people the potential to maintain perfect vision, anyone above silver will do just that. And then, every game will just be tanks and mages and ADCs farming for 40 minute straight before one ARAM teamfight to decide who gets to blow up the enemy nexus. Nothing remotely interesting will be viable at all.
: yeah and the reason they can't is because of things like black cleaver that's not a qol change that's a huge buff
> [{quoted}](name=Zane Zephyr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r67wxHBr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-30T04:26:05.937+0000) > > yeah and the reason they can't is because of things like black cleaver > > that's not a qol change that's a huge buff lol tbh Wu can use a huge buff rn. And making Cleaver better on him might even turn him away from the "unhealthy" oneshot-oriented playstyle.
: Wtf is with Kass on ARAM?
...if you play a ranged champion with exh on ARAM, you deserve to be oneshot every time you respawn in fountain.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hawthorn Tree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r2UbLdWm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-04T08:59:46.580+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtOd6eQZxQc > > Ignore the rest of the clip and only look at Xerath's stun onto me. Yes, this game's hitbox is pretty laughable that was a clear hit. it graced you but it still makes sense. champion and skillshot hitboxes are circular and dont always align with the actual model or particles. i dont know what that purple animation is (ludens?), but it looks like it outlines your hitbox. when you slow down the video, you can clearly see that the purple circle connects with the ability.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r2UbLdWm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-04T12:25:04.209+0000) > > that was a clear hit. it graced you but it still makes sense. > > champion and skillshot hitboxes are circular and dont always align with the actual model or particles. > > i dont know what that purple animation is (ludens?), but it looks like it outlines your hitbox. when you slow down the video, you can clearly see that the purple circle connects with the ability. https://imgur.com/a/F4Ky4nw The moment the spell hit me. You're saying that this is a clear hit. OK. I guess it's also OK for hitboxes to not align with the model/animation. And yes, the purple stuff is the Luden's proc. It procced off hitting me, so the purple effect originates from me, and it has nothing to do with the hitbox of the actual ability. This kind of statement makes me wonder if you have played a single game of League since the removal of DFG.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hawthorn Tree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r2UbLdWm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-04T08:59:46.580+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtOd6eQZxQc > > Ignore the rest of the clip and only look at Xerath's stun onto me. Yes, this game's hitbox is pretty laughable Lol what the actual fuck.
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r2UbLdWm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T09:01:55.209+0000) > > Lol what the actual fuck. Small indie company man
: The hitboxes in this game are absolutely stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtOd6eQZxQc Ignore the rest of the clip and only look at Xerath's stun onto me. Yes, this game's hitbox is pretty laughable
Rioter Comments
: I guess that's it.
S8? Lmao you're such a casual.
: gold
...you really need a duo in low elo. I always had a duo partner, but at the start of this season, I was gonna abuse the positional ranking thing and solo climb. I'm a onetrick after all, being able to not lose LP on off-roles was supposed to help me. Then, 40 games in, and I was already too burnt out by garbage teams to keep going. The whole ordeal is especially cancerous to me because I'm climbing a brand new account, but it still really boils down to the MASSIVE difference between a 1v9 and 2v8.
: Is Kill Stealing a Thing?
It really depends. There are two kinds of champions that you generally would want to concede kills to, one is stuff like {{champion:80}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:121}} who need a big snowball to function at all. The other is champs like {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} who basically get infinitely stronger with gold without any diminishing returns. If your teammate isn't playing one of the above, then you can just /mute them because they're r%%%%%ed.
: Sigh, I'm forced to be a support main.
Thing is, bot lane is where your ADC is. That's the bitch that kills objectives real fast. If you form a Raid and go gangbang the enemy bot lane whenever they respawn, then your ADC can get you a million turret plates + tower first blood + dragon. Also, bot lane is where your support is. Generally, that's the bitch with the most CC on the team. Especially if you're a roam-happy mobile assassin like, oh, idk, {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:38}} , you eat that shit up. You ain't got no CCs of your own to secure kills, since Riot has deemed that your class doesn't even deserve to have a reliable slow, so bot becomes the best place to go. Then, with that in mind, you can look to everywhere else on the map. Top has Herald, but that doesn't spawn until 10 minutes in. People don't wanna just sit on their ult until 10 minutes, they want action ASAP. Plus, the enemy top laner is probably tanky as fuck. Maybe they aren't building full tank at that stage of the game, but ALL traditional top laners have an insane amount of effective HP. They can heal, they can shield, they can gain bursts of bonus resistance, they can ult and gain a couple hundred bonus health. Point is, they're gonna be hard as fuck to kill. Mid? That's where the mages and assassins are. Assassins have all the mobility you can want, while mages are generally twoshotting waves from 1k units away by first back. One will never let you touch them, and the other will never let you get a wave under tower for the dive. Besides, what's there to get from mid? A kill? A few turret platings? Why go for pure gold, when you can get gold AND everything else by going bot? Besides, depending on if the enemy jungler tries a desperate counter, bot can have 2 to 3 ppl for your team to kill. That's a lot more gold. Invading the enemy jungle is honestly even worse. One, it can be pretty annoying to catch junglers. A fuckton of walls, a crapload of bushes, and a lot of room to get collapsed on. Besides, just knowing where the jungler at takes a lot of game sense. You'll need both solid vision and a solid understanding of the enemy jungler's mindset to really predict where they will be to even start the fight. Overall, it's really not just a problem of winning bot lane. Fed bot lanes win the game, but a lot of that is because the winning team focused their roam presence around bot lane and got all the things you could win in that area. Everybody who isn't bot lane can also get a lot of rewards from babysitting bot lane. You don't actually have to play support to win games either, just play a jungler/roaming mid.
Done25 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Super Cow Swag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3h6uAiz0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-30T00:09:01.788+0000) > > This is a double edged argument because most assassins/burst mages that everyone would deem as "reliable" are literally doing JUST enough damage to kill their targets, while less reliable champions have more damage but...whats the point... People shoudln't be one shotting targets. Not unless they're massively ahead by three levels and a 3k+ item. A healthy interaction is that you should have to work at poking and wearing out a target before going in for the kill. Allowing a back and forth tug to develop instead of "Zed is 6. He ults the full HP enemy mid, QWIgniteElectorcute" in 0.25 seconds then retreating as his target can only watch before his ult pops and they die. Assuming they even last that long.
> [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3h6uAiz0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T01:45:13.088+0000) > > People shoudln't be one shotting targets. Not unless they're massively ahead by three levels and a 3k+ item. > > A healthy interaction is that you should have to work at poking and wearing out a target before going in for the kill. Allowing a back and forth tug to develop instead of "Zed is 6. He ults the full HP enemy mid, QWIgniteElectorcute" in 0.25 seconds then retreating as his target can only watch before his ult pops and they die. Assuming they even last that long. If you believe that mechanical counterplay is the only thing that makes an interaction healthy, you should go play a FPS. League is a MOBA that requires decision-making on the macro level. You win games by knowing that an enemy assassin can delete you before you can finish blinking and not getting into range for him to jump you. That is not an opinion, that is just a fact that you have to accept.
: That it's toxic for ranged champions to be forced to put themselves in harm's way to punish Yasuo for being too aggressive and greedy, as Windwall's duration is very long for what it does. It also blocks all projectiles, so even ranged champions can get stiffed by a windwall under a tower. It's why Azir's soldiers have reduced duration under towers, to prevent some of his long-range safe harass and poke.
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKatPet,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=43Keer2Y,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-04-30T00:09:23.033+0000) > > That it's toxic for ranged champions to be forced to put themselves in harm's way to punish Yasuo for being too aggressive and greedy, as Windwall's duration is very long for what it does. It also blocks all projectiles, so even ranged champions can get stiffed by a windwall under a tower. It's why Azir's soldiers have reduced duration under towers, to prevent some of his long-range safe harass and poke. EVERYBODY should be putting themselves in harm's way to punish their lane opponents. If you want ranged champions to be able to poke Yasuo without taking any risk, you need to uninstall this game ASAP lol.
: riot, fix the red and blue side problem for camera locked players
...a lot of people are just saying "oh unlock your camera". Can I just mention that Yassuo plays mostly on locked cam? Any of you consider yourselves better a player than that guy?
: Vlad can use a nerf ,-,
Vlad's entire design is problematic. He is, #1, a drain tank who has damage and sustain up his nose. Those are generally the kinds of champions who can win upfront 1v5s when they have a lead. #2, he actually has a really nice and smooth Flash combo; compared to people like Illaoi and Swain who really just flash into a crowd and then stand there, Vlad is MUCH harder to kite. #3, as a drain tank who leans more on side of drain and less on the side of tank, Vlad gets to build for 1000 AP oneshots and still be impossible to focus down because of pool + {{item:3157}} . I'm completely fine with him having an extended Fizz E for when he's diving into 5 enemies to start a fight, but I am NOT okay with him being able to just press W and run toward his tower/team whenever things don't work out for him.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hawthorn Tree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MppHdafz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-21T15:21:21.178+0000) > > As someone who has pretty much onetricked {{champion:91}} since s3, I have to say that champion reworks are just horrible ideas in general. I went from having an exploitable weak laning phase and having to play the vision game well for surprise AoE oneshots, to someone who prays for the enemy to make the mistake that lets me cheese first bloods, and brainlessly runs past all wards with {{item:3147}} +{{item:3364}} to kill only one person regardless of how fed I am. I love reworks. From a visual standpoint seeing an old ugly champ become new and modern is one of my favorite things about LoL
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MppHdafz,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-22T15:28:51.924+0000) > > I love reworks. From a visual standpoint seeing an old ugly champ become new and modern is one of my favorite things about LoL Funny thing is Talon didn't even get a visual update with his rework. The only thing that changed visually was his daggers becoming weird and ugly.
5050BS (NA)
: Are you crazy? ONE Q and any hit are dead. ONE. If you Jump on her and she spawns any plants they are dead and you did nothing but combo ZYRA
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wrJWJ1Wt,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-22T02:20:35.346+0000) > > Are you crazy? ONE Q and any hit are dead. ONE. If you Jump on her and she spawns any plants they are dead and you did nothing but combo ZYRA Yup. I have to Q the plants to oneshot them, which is my single target nuke+offensive mobility. If your champion can force me to Q the plant instead of your champion, then your champion would be a fucking problem.
: Matchmaking Complaint #D37A9 - Huge Rank Disparities
...matchmaking has always been pretty "interesting" lol. https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=steel+blossom I was climbing this account with a duo back in s8, and by the time we hit mid/high gold, all the other players in our games were at least plat. It's just how the stupid system works, nothing we can do.
: So when is galio gonna be a viable mid laner again? no1 is asking for him to be OP just viable.
Galio is an Aftershock abuser. By that fact alone, he doesn't deserve to be playable.
: Riot Doesn't Like Macro and it has Hurt the Game
lol remember the days when ADCs had to actively avoid assassins on the map? Remember when macro was more than "stand next to your support" and "don't show bot when we're about to fight baron" for them? Yeah, I remember those days. Assassins were actually viable in pro plays back then. Honestly, though, you say Riot is echanging macro for micro, but I really don't see any examples of ADCs and mages needing micro. Each ADC gets to build a trillion movespeed to kiting is basically done automatically now, and mages get to have stasis for 600g. Surviving as these classes honestly only boils down to not being literally r e t a r d e d.
Cansema (NA)
: @Riot.. help zyra please
I'm a {{champion:91}} onetrick, my champion is known for having too much AoE, and I generally don't see myself oneshotting Zyra plants until I use a full ult rotation.
: Can the new enchanter have a spell shield or cleanse in her/his kit?
...can we not have anymore Enchanters? Playing against them is like watching paint dry on a wall...I'd rather be hooked by Thresh and lose the game than to be zoned by {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}}. Every time I play against Enchanters, unless the game is highly one-sided and we absolutely dominate their vision, it ends up turning into a game of chicken because they know I have my CDs and I know they have their CDs and neither of us wants to be the idiot that engages and ints.
Lovelle (NA)
: Indeed, Botrk is the main problem, it synergizes too well with her kit and its build path pretty much removes any early game weakness she would otherwise have. Coupled with Guinsoo's, she essentially becomes a raid boss that cannot be itemized against, only bursted down. This would be fine if she didn't have the capacity to permakite 90% of melee champions, while simultaneously shred-bursting them. Then she also was directly buffed, so she has a lot going for her right now. Can't blame people for spamming her.
> [{quoted}](name=Lovelle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4kRdwIM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-21T18:53:38.338+0000) > > Indeed, Botrk is the main problem, it synergizes too well with her kit and its build path pretty much removes any early game weakness she would otherwise have. Coupled with Guinsoo's, she essentially becomes a raid boss that cannot be itemized against, only bursted down. This would be fine if she didn't have the capacity to permakite 90% of melee champions, while simultaneously shred-bursting them. > > Then she also was directly buffed, so she has a lot going for her right now. Can't blame people for spamming her. Dude, Vayne herself is the problem, not any items. Vayne is 1. an insanely great duelist because of her self-peel, 2. about as good in teamfights as any ADC can ever hope to be since she has insane mobility, 3. basically immune to defensive stats, 4. capable of very high burst with a crit build and 5. one of the best Baron/Dragon melters in the game. Her weak early game cannot justify this type of bullshit. Back when Kassadin and Talon had silence, they were both absolute wet noodles in the early game, but that still didn't stop Riot from taking away their silence.
: "I went from having to be the bitch of the lane until level 6 where I killed people with 0 counterplay to having my gameplay smoothed out to where I can actually lane but at the cost of having actual counterplay." Sorry but blink behind you -> stealth + AoE nuke that oneshots the target and decimates the health of any other enemies in range assassin was not okay. I'd know cuz I mained him back then too alongside Kassadin cuz they were braindead :) Had a 69% winrate on him with 85 games played in S4.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MppHdafz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-21T17:02:59.683+0000) > > "I went from having to be the bitch of the lane until level 6 where I killed people with 0 counterplay to having my gameplay smoothed out to where I can actually lane but at the cost of having actual counterplay." > > Sorry but blink behind you -> stealth + AoE nuke that oneshots the target and decimates the health of any other enemies in range assassin was not okay. I'd know cuz I mained him back then too alongside Kassadin cuz they were braindead :) > > Had a 69% winrate on him with 85 games played in S4. it's funny you'd say that old Talon was braindead. He hardly functioned past mid Diamond. He was just a simple fun champion who could abuse the mistakes of people who are garbage at the game. There are very clear and very easy ways to shut him down for good. Current Talon is a much more competitively viable champion, it's just really sad that he pretty much lost his pubstomping side entirely.
: Playing immobile champs in this game feels like shiit.
lol do you really want {{champion:25}} to be mobile, though? 100% immune to all CC with Black Shield plus that ult...yikes.
: Riot should be more careful with reworks.
As someone who has pretty much onetricked {{champion:91}} since s3, I have to say that champion reworks are just horrible ideas in general. I went from having an exploitable weak laning phase and having to play the vision game well for surprise AoE oneshots, to someone who prays for the enemy to make the mistake that lets me cheese first bloods, and brainlessly runs past all wards with {{item:3147}} +{{item:3364}} to kill only one person regardless of how fed I am.
: Are there enough anti-ranged champions/mechanics?
If ranged champions had actual counterplay aside from being massively outskilled in a silver vs. mid-diamond scenario, how is Riot going to sell all all the hot new {{champion:103}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:67}}{{champion:1}} skins?
: They're called dashes. I know the title says, "melee characters", but what you really mean are top lane tanks. Because they don't have the necessary damage or mechanics to 1v1 even in a melee matchup. Juggernauts are another story, since their massive stat advantage necessitates the vulnerability to kiting. But the problem with top lane tanks has nothing to do with there not being enough anti-range _mechanics_. It's simply that they've been struggling ever since their items were nerfed across the board back in 7.9. On top of being both the class with the lowest ability to farm and the only class without an actual first item option. I went over that in great depth here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/EPkAL1Az-sunfire-cape-is-not-a-fair-first-item-for-top-lane-tanks-a-cost-and-usage-analysis?show=flat What they need is a first-buy item that's at least on par with a few of the others.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=noTsEvEN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-21T13:18:27.265+0000) > > They're called dashes. > > I know the title says, "melee characters", but what you really mean are top lane tanks. Because they don't have the necessary damage or mechanics to 1v1 even in a melee matchup. > > Juggernauts are another story, since their massive stat advantage necessitates the vulnerability to kiting. But the problem with top lane tanks has nothing to do with there not being enough anti-range _mechanics_. It's simply that they've been struggling ever since their items were nerfed across the board back in 7.9. > > On top of being both the class with the lowest ability to farm and the only class without an actual first item option. I went over that in great depth here: > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/EPkAL1Az-sunfire-cape-is-not-a-fair-first-item-for-top-lane-tanks-a-cost-and-usage-analysis?show=flat > > What they need is a first-buy item that's at least on par with a few of the others. Beating a ranged champions in lane just by jumping on them has not been a thing since like season 3. Right now, if any mobile bruiser/assassin like {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:245}} chooses to jump on a mage/ADC at the wrong time during lane phase, they will lose more than half their healthbar just to minion waves. Ranged champions have their ranged autoattacks, which REALLY hurt at the earliest levels regardless of them being AP or AD. If melee champions play far up enough to shove the wave, then they will be taking way too much autoattack harassments from their ranged laner. If they don't play up to push the wave, though, the ranged character will easily amass the bigger minion wave. Highly situational things like {{champion:91}} proccing his passive and {{champion:39}} hitting her stun can allow the melee champions to temporarily bypass the advantageous minion wave of a ranged enemy, but even then, they're outplaying their lane opponent by landing skillshots and delayed abilities instead of straight-up "countering" them with mobility.
: Autofill feels like a lose-lose situation in ranked queues.
lol autofill should never have been forced upon the whole playerbase, and that's the end of the discussion. It should have been an option for people who hate the longer queue times, while people with smaller champion pools are allowed to wait out the long queue to play the role they want.
: Jesus Christ, just remove Tahm's ally Devour at this point.
Hard engage is the only thing that should be rewarded. Getting off scot free because your ally is a mobile Zhonya should never have been a thing in this fucking game.
: Dumb Idea: Make Competitive Balance Changes Different From the Normal Game
...you mean to say that we shouldn't balance a game around the people who play the game at the highest caliber, understand the game the most, and extract the maximum efficiency from every aspect of the game? Maybe you can just get better at the game, instead of asking for an entirely different game to accommodate for the fact that you aren't skilled enough.
DeusVult (NA)
: Thank you for the Aatrox changes Riot
These are the changes that the game needs. Defensive utility is the most cancerous thing in the world, whether it's on a drain tank/AD caster or on an Enchanter support. I get that some champions are defined by keeping themselves and their team alive, but we can always start by removing defensives from champions who are more than a shield/heal bot.
: Oh gawd, they're about to ruin Tahm Kench.
Tahm Kench is legit a mobile Zhonya for anyone on your team. Yes FUCKING please, nerf the hell out of this bullshit immediately.
: Healers?
It's pointless to ask for changes, man. You just have to accept the autoloss when you lock an assassin and the enemy team has an Enchanter Support. Riot wants some games to be over in champ select, and they won't ever change.
: Wukong has been left out to die.
No, they aren't ignoring Wukong at all. Didn't they recently gut his Q and E damage or something? I'm almost 100% certain that they did. So, don't worry, Riot hasn't forgotten about Wukong, they're actively trying to kill him completely.
Warpes (NA)
: AP Shyvana is the most disgustingly broken thing I've ever seen in the history of this game.
...Shyvana is lvl 18 when the enemy Udyr is like lvl 15. Fed champions should be allowed to kill entire teams in the blink of an eye, it's the just reward for getting themselves that fed.
Kalikain (NA)
: How to fix the attitude for Autofilling
Or, alternatively, accept the fact that casual players don't deserve to play anything beyond mobile games and stop trying to pander to them.
: League 2013 vs League 2019
Thing is though, the game is just so fast-paced now that unless you put fat CDR on everyone, most chamions won't even have your ults for half the teamfights. Especially if you're roaming to be in every fight, because it's what you need to do to carry your team and gain elo. There are so many things to fight over, spaced out between such a short amount of time. Think about it--scuttles and platings when solo lanes first get their ult, first tower and Drakes when people 4 man gangbang bot lane, Heralds and t2 towers right before the 20 minute mark...Everything currently wrong with the game has something to do with the pace of the game, and the fact that CDR is on every item is only one of many.
: why does irelia q put her behind you?
Wait, if you know that her Q puts her behind you, why don't you just aim your skillshots behind yourself? Like how some people can insta-CC Zed when he comes out of his ult?
Rioter Comments
Show more

Hawthorn Tree

Level 116 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion