Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Cocho (NA)
: Are you playing ranked for casual fun, improvement, for competition or what? I dont really understand your goal and why you think like this lol. I think you should play another role, support in low elo is basically hell, you arent going to learn much You have a 46% winrate, and a 60% in the last 20 games. Not a 30-40% lol
> [{quoted}](name=Cocho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XP9sWyAg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-18T04:24:51.987+0000) > > Are you playing ranked for casual fun, improvement, for competition or what? I dont really understand your goal and why you think like this lol. I think you should play another role, support in low elo is basically hell, you arent going to learn much > > You have a 46% winrate, and a 60% in the last 20 games. > > Not a 30-40% lol Yea, for pre-season, which I only have a handful of games in. For the entirety of season 7 the 30-40% is much more accurate, sometimes dropping as low as 25% on especially bad weeks. And I play ranked because I want the system to eventually put me in fair games.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: We were complaining when there was no chance of comeback, we are complaining now that there is a chance of comeback, what the actual fuck do people want?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=6Wr47acm,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-05-08T05:32:29.165+0000) > > We were complaining when there was no chance of comeback, we are complaining now that there is a chance of comeback, what the actual fuck do people want? Different people want different things, imagine that. It's almost like referring to the entirety of the boards as a collective "we" is a bad idea.
Healin (NA)
: The "Catch-up" exp in this game is ridiculous
Should have specified I'm talking from a support's point of view. But still, back when Team Builder was still around, I would regularly be behind 3-4 levels. Probably the biggest discrepancy was 6 levels but we were just getting smashed that game. Would get ganked halfway returning to lane. Of course there is the gold difference, I'm not talking about that. It's just stupid that a minion wave can catapult a player like me from such a exp hole without me actually doing anything to earn it.
Rioter Comments
: Riot's loot system is kind of stupid
I only get a single chest per season since I only know one champ. Feels awful to have like 26 keys but no ability to get boxes. If you could gain boxes from non-friends in your party getting an S maybe I would have a chance but at this point I wish I could just dust the keys themselves.
Rioter Comments
: but that kind of non-interactive gameplay is not healthy for league. One of the many reasons Soraka needed a rework was so she couldn't just heal up the adc with zero risk, therefore just making bot a farmfest. Decision-making and skill are more important to an engaging game experience. These support changes are ways to give supports meaningful choices to make not only in item selection, but different ways to interact in lane.
Not looking to interact in lane, just making green health bars go up. There's at least 8 other people in the game whose sole purpose is to do damage and rack up kills. Maybe 9 depending on the enemy support. I don't see why I should be putting myself within range of the very people who want to kill me. I'm okay with my only decisions being when/where to go on ward/ward clearing duty. I just want one champion where there aren't all these grand expectations of me. You know what's amazing about Soraka's ult? No one gives a crap about it. Which means I don't feel any pressure on using it "correctly".
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: April 18
Please don't nerf Soraka or try to shift her away from being a healing-based support. I'm always incredibly nervous when Riot does anything with her because they have this awful habit of "balancing" her with a sledge hammer. She's the only champion left in the game I enjoy playing and if she stops being a healer then there will be nothing left.
Limely (NA)
: Midseason Support Item Update - Live on PBE!
I'm not entirely sold on the Ancient Coin line. While I am glad it FINALLY has a passive gp/10 ability on it, I hate the idea that there is now this funky mini-game that I have to dance and wiggle for it get an effect. I just want to buy my support item as Soraka, hang back, and heal my ADC.
: It is awkward that the alpha has no way to minimize the friends list. However, literally the only people who would see the sad poro graphic are those that just downloaded the game and people who for some reason never once added anyone.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=WWY5NW2r,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-22T15:07:58.867+0000) > > It is awkward that the alpha has no way to minimize the friends list. However, literally the only people who would see the sad poro graphic are those that just downloaded the game and people who for some reason never once added anyone. Why would you ever want to add someone in this game?
Rioter Comments
: I disagree. I haven't earned many boxes either myself (maybe 2 out of the 5ish I've opened and I have 4 available to earn right now) but it would feel bad if I get all the chests from other peoples' work and if/when I finally get one myself it'll then most likely be on a champ I already "got" one on so it feels less special. The box would just become a once per week auto-bonus. :/
How is that any different from the current system where it's an auto-bonus just because you're in a premade? If I didn't feel like such a lead weight to whatever team I'm on, I could easily go to Reddit or any other major forum setting for LoL and find a group of complete strangers, and join with them to get boxes. I wouldn't be friends with them, and outside of the initial "invite me" I wouldn't talk to them and would most likely mute them while I was playing and remove them from my friends list after.
: > I believe the S chest sharing and the party ip are the best ones, the rest are strange/weird to get rewarded for group queuing. > The increased key frag generation (even if tiny) is especially annoying to think about because > 1. it relies so strongly on RNJesus and > 2. there are many post on the frustrations of not getting keys, > so it gets in solo players' heads. (I forget when my keys will reset so the dry spell is not fun; also the "maybe if I had queued as a group I'd be done" is not fun) I kind of agree. We're talking about this now. Thanks for the feedback.
Honestly I would love to see the "S rank" chest just shared to everyone at large. Feels incredibly bad to be a pretty poorly skilled player and not be able to earn almost any chests because you know you'll never have a game good enough to get them. I know I've only earned like 3 or 4 chests MAX since the system was introduced, which puts me in a bit of a bind. I'm too much of a crappy player to ever get an S rank through skill, so that's not really an options. Because I'm so horrible at the game, it's not really fair to friend people and make them suffer through my subpar mechanics on a repeat basis just because I need them to earn an S and they get nothing out of the arrangement. At least with solo queue my teammates can take solace in knowing they never have to play with me again most likely.
Rioter Comments
: What if Ekko's stun duration scaled with AP up to a maximum cap?
Why the hell should any non-support get scaling utility? Especially on a character that is already going to get a boatload of AP anyway? The entire concept was created for supports, and it was already stated it had to be useless on them so that it couldn't become overbearing. Hell, supports weren't even allowed to have any hard CC scale as one of the first rules. I say make support utility scaling actually worth it before even considering giving it to damage dealers.
Destaice (NA)
: The Overwatch community seemed nice, then I played Mercy...
I start every game as Mercy if the team needs a healer (with the exception of the Greece maps, too much fun to knock people off the stage as Lucio) If I start to see the shit you describe, I switch. Usually after the first use of my ult I can tell if my team would benefit from Mercy or if I'd be better off just being Lucio or hell, even another Tank. If the Team is completely pants on head, I just go Soldier 76 and say I'm still healing, they just have to pay attention. Luckily this wasn't an issue too much, most of the time people realize a healer will keep you alive if you return the favor. Probably my favorite moment of the open beta was a near 10 minute match, most of which was overtime with both teams having the point at 99%. Was playing mercy and just bouncing between the Pharah and two Winstons who kept me safe. Those are the moments that make me realize support in Overwatch can be a blast.
Rioter Comments
Keyru (NA)
: [4/28/2016] General Discussion Changes
Please don't do the clean slate. If you've been banned from GD there's a damn good reason for it.
: I missed teambuilder. I keep getting good teammates there and I think I win more there instead of blind pick. The people there listen to words and my calls.
> [{quoted}](name=Tempura King,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3AYE4vdm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-04-11T16:13:29.936+0000) > > I missed teambuilder. I keep getting good teammates there and I think I win more there instead of blind pick. The people there listen to words and my calls. It truly felt like they had a perfect system, at least for non-ranked play. Everyone got exactly what they wanted, you couldn't be surprised by anyone's pick. I think the most stress I saw was from when people were trying to game the system to get those icons "Yea, I know it says midlane Udyr, but I'm really going jungle, don't worry"
: Gratz on gold :3 I'm in a race with some friends to gold right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Space Man J,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3AYE4vdm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-04-11T16:09:27.714+0000) > > Gratz on gold :3 > I'm in a race with some friends to gold right now. Thanks, although most of the credit goes to the Promo helper. That mechanic alone means climbing is just a matter of getting in a sheer number of games, at least for the best of 5 promos. Before this season I'd never be able to win a best 5-of-7 (2 to get the LP to hit 100 plus the normal 3 wins needed) But winning 1 out of 3? Much more doable
Rioter Comments
: Why do GD'ers go through entire threads just to downvote every single one of my posts?
Beat them at their own game, if you never post, they can't downvote you!
MMou (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Healin,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=rJ4rQmHA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-03-23T02:19:42.163+0000) > > Now if only I could actually earn chests. But since apparently only pre-mades are special enough in Riot's eyes to benefit from their allies I'll be lucky to even get 2 or 3 in a season. It mainly depends on how many games you play. You can maximum 1 chest a week once you unlocked the 4 initial ones. This means that you have a whole week to get a S score in any of your games. It is not impossible. It's harder only if you play like 2-3 games a week. I greatly doubt you will get less than 12. 1 S per month is easily attainable.
My point was less about frequency or amount of playtime and more about how shitty players like me are unable to really participate in the Hextech system outside of the few keys I'll eventually earn because Matchmaking has to eventually give me a win at some point. I'm barely capable of playing a scant few support champions passably. Season 5 I didn't do much ranked but I played the hell out of Teambuilder. Out of about 600 games I would say 95% of those were Soraka, and I seemed to hover around a 30-45% winrate, sometimes going as low as 20%. My longest loss streak was 19. I didn't keep track of how many S grades I got but I think we can both agree it could probably be counted on one hand. Here's my beef with the current Hextech system. Riot obviously has no problem with players like me doing shitty on a champ and still getting a crate for it, the just pass the burden off to a friend to get an S rank. But since I don't feel right subjecting people I know to my garbage tier level of play, I get bumpkiss. From the start you should have been able to earn chests just from any teammate earning an S, not just premade. That way shitty players like me with an empty friends list still have a chance at participating in this new system.
: What are you guys playing besides League?
Stardew Valley, 80 hours in and climbing
: After getting 4 chests, key fragments no longer seem to drop for a lot of people.
Now if only I could actually earn chests. But since apparently only pre-mades are special enough in Riot's eyes to benefit from their allies I'll be lucky to even get 2 or 3 in a season.
: I'm looking at your match history and am utterly confused. That's not even 1/5 of what I have experienced.
> [{quoted}](name=Cancerous Lulu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=KwFggNN9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-18T06:40:33.312+0000) > > I'm looking at your match history and am utterly confused. > > That's not even 1/5 of what I have experienced. I end up having to dodge a ton, sometimes going for days without playing because people keep banning Soraka. Recently I've tried Sona but I hate the fact her Ult is so noticeable, so it's much more obvious when you whiff with it
: > [{quoted}](name=Healin,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=KwFggNN9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-03-18T05:06:47.140+0000) > > I'll settle for Bronze 4 then if you can do it without getting your account perma'd beforehand.
> [{quoted}](name=League of Ori,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=KwFggNN9,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-18T05:08:54.221+0000) > > if you can do it without getting your account perma'd beforehand. oh I'm not losing on purpose or anything, just playing as healbot.
: contrary to popular belief, hitting Bronze 5 actually takes serious skill and clever thinking.
> [{quoted}](name=League of Ori,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=KwFggNN9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-18T05:06:20.320+0000) > > contrary to popular belief, hitting Bronze 5 actually takes serious skill and clever thinking. I'll settle for Bronze 4 then
Rioter Comments
Numb3rs (NA)
: So i just won a 6 minute Aram game...
Is it really necessary to fake a picture for this board OP? http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=numb3rs http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/54956146#matches According to your attachment, you've cut out the lost game that happened after that Vel'koz game, the one as Jayce, and apparently just created the Azir game out of thin air. Currently it looks like you're now playing as Darius.
: What you're actually doing is consistently throwing games at the last minute or trolling by doing things like standing in base/towers and refusing to level up/use skills throughout the entire game (across multiple games). Just because you're not using chat to be offensive or feeding doesn't mean what you're doing isn't reportable or punishable. Players report you because you're intentionally throwing games, but because you're not doing it by *feeding* players are choosing to report you for both feeding and offensive language to report you for intentionally refusing to cooperate. The reform card you receive is determined by the reports you receive, hence why you are being sent ones meant for chat abuse.
Ok, normally I'm perfectly fine with whatever reasons you guys have for these cases, but your response here caught my eye, specifically > refusing to level up/use skills throughout the entire game (across multiple games) Now, as far as I'm aware, there is no way for another player to actually know for sure how many times you've used your Q for example. I'm not going to claim to be the greatest player, far from it, but don't you think it's just a bit extreme to punish people for not using their skills or leveling them up? Let's look at a hypothetical, one where the issue of idling/afking isn't part of it. One that I've actually found myself in. Back when I played ARAMs more, sometimes I would often find myself playing someone who I'm just garbage at. (And considering I only really like playing healing champions, this would be almost every damage focused champion in the game). I could very easily find myself holding back on using my ult if I felt like it would just make everyone on my team mad at me for not being good with it. Most of the time no one would notice or say anything and I might go the entire game without ulting because I never felt comfortable with landing it at the perfect time. Which leads right into the next part. Obviously, if I don't feel like I'm going to actually use my ult, I'm not going to put more points into it. Similarly maybe I'm on a champ where I'm just terrible with skillshots. If I'm able to I'll avoid using any of the skillshots and try to focus on an alternative part of the champion if possible. Which might mean holding off on leveling for awhile as I try to figure out just what the hell I'm going to do on whatever champion is causing me stress to try and play. Basically, I feel like by your statement above, I'm someone who has always driven an automatic, and suddenly find myself forced to drive stick. Riot is right outside the car, always watching, and letting me know if I don't drive it as well as they think I should, they're just going to revoke my license. I dunno, maybe I'm just taking your response wrong but the entire thing really feels like it goes against the principle of "You can't get punished for being bad" when apparently one of the factors that Riot looks at is skill usage/leveling.
: I kinda wonder what it's like in Bronze V
Hoping to find out, sadly got placed in silver 1 after promos. I keep having to dodge just to get into a game though so I'm constantly at -75/-100 LP so I don't have to worry about being promoted. Eventually it'll kick me down a division and I can repeat the process, but it looks like it's gonna take a long time.
Alphard (NA)
: Any 2014-2015 GDers still browses here?
Rioter Comments
: Because it allows us to surprise the enemy, use an unknown playstyle. Don't take away our mains. Don't take away our game.
> [{quoted}](name=Photos of Ghosts,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=6c2r0VAc,comment-id=0009000100000000,timestamp=2016-02-14T02:08:33.693+0000) > > Because it allows us to surprise the enemy, use an unknown playstyle. > Don't take away our mains. Don't take away our game. "Unknown playstyle" You're playing an AD jungler. Whoop-dee-doo. Tons of other champions do that. You think you'll elicit any sympathy from me with "Don't take away our game"? You're dead wrong. Especially since there are still a ton of other aforementioned AD junglers available for you to choose.
: I'm sorry that you had to learn this.{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Whispering Rain,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=J1yw9VsT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-02-14T02:16:55.264+0000) > > I'm sorry that you had to learn this.{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Eh, it's all good. Currently in Silver 1, but by all rights I should be in Bronze V. Really though, this is just the result of Riot completely destroying Team Builder. I only want to play support Soraka. Before new champion select, I could join up whenever I want and find a game and play exactly that. Now I have limited options, none of which guarantee I actually get to play Support Soraka. The funny things is, I feel like my own team has banned her because they don't even look at the champions the rest of the team has picked rather than her being banned by the enemy. Theoretically, after enough time has passed and I eventually get demoted down to bronze, it will be actually easier to get into a game than it is now as I'm hoping that no one will actually select support as a primary position, and that people will eventually stop banning Soraka.
: > No. Do not put AD ratios of any kind on Malz. Just make him AP and be done with it. I wouldn't plan on us turning all his spells into dual scaling, but AD Malz has always used Voidlings extensively, and it would be great to keep that around.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=6c2r0VAc,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2016-02-14T01:50:52.639+0000) > > I wouldn't plan on us turning all his spells into dual scaling, but AD Malz has always used Voidlings extensively, and it would be great to keep that around. But why does AD Malz even have to exist? Because people have grown attached to him? People grew attached to AP Tryndamere, AP Tristana, etc and those eventually got swept away too. Think of it this way, you're completely eliminating the possibility of a problem down the road by taking this change to squash AD Malz here and now. If people want to play an AD "Pet" champion, focus that energy on Yorick later on. Too many people try to fit square pegs in round holes just to try and stand out. We have plenty of AP mages to choose from ,and plenty of AD champions to choose from. The game will be better off eliminating all these weird offshoots that obviously weren't intended in the first place.
Rioter Comments
Healin (NA)
: That feeling when it would be faster to be demoted and reclimb...
Aaaand -106 now. Part of me wishes this Soraka nerf would just hit already so that my own team will stop banning her.
: how many dodges in a row is that
> [{quoted}](name=I love beer,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Hx8Y0Ajo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-02-11T02:58:17.416+0000) > > how many dodges in a row is that In a row? No clue. Been trying to play all day, Only made it into 3 games, lost all 3 (but obviously those didn't take away any LP) The pattern so far as been try to get into a game, get my champion banned or my role taken and then have to dodge, usually switching over to another game while the timer ticks down.
Rioter Comments
: Patch Chat with Playtest - Patch 6.3
I'm not sure where else I could ask about this, but is there any chance we could get a little pop up during champ select when bans are occuring? I've been trying to play Soraka support all day and most games where I'm able to actually queue up as a support, I have to worry not only about the opposite team banning her, but my own team not even paying attention to the fact that I've selected her as my pick. Just something along the lines of "You're about to ban a champion that a teammate has indicated they want to play. Proceed?" Because every time it happens, I say something and their response is "lol whoops, wasn't even looking"
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Nox Fleuret,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=GELQhAZQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-02-10T21:46:03.627+0000) > > No. This is disappointing
Rioter Comments
L4T3NCY (NA)
: We currently have no plans to remove Twisted Treeline. It is several folds healthier than Dominion is. <3
> [{quoted}](name=L4T3NCY,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=wW7B8U2M,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-02-10T20:42:12.125+0000) > > We currently have no plans to remove Twisted Treeline. It is several folds healthier than Dominion is. <3 Except the bots/account farmers will have to go somewhere. So they'll naturally migrate the next most barren queue. So once everything that happened to Dominion starts to infect TT, I wonder what Riot's response will be then.
Show more

Healin

Level 116 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion