: Who are your top 2 champs per position? Please comment
Top: {{champion:78}} Jungle: {{champion:18}} Mid: {{champion:18}} ADC: {{champion:18}} Support: {{champion:37}} (I need to get in some Lulu reps, or just play {{champion:18}} )
: Bear in mind, this type of change would COMPLETELY scare off any players who actually care about teamwork because being a team player would no longer be a valuable skill in this game(since it can't really be measured by an automated system). So... say goodbye to anyone ever being willing to take the backseat for the team. Nope, that's now detrimental for you as a player. The meta would probably shift further towards damage, since it's hard to measure effectiveness of things outside of KDA. You think you'd prefer it. But I assure you... it wouldn't work out the way you're thinking. Not gonna waste much time trying to convince you though. Just... it wouldn't work.
If... IF, I honestly believed NA solo-q had good teamwork even 50% of the time I'd agree with you, but definitely in lower elo you're talking 10% at BEST. I've long thought the ladder should be solo points to get to either Gold or Plat and then team based from then on. But at bare minimum, below plat it's all fiesta as far as teamwork goes. And a few seasons ago, that was WELL ESTABLISHED, the standard advice was (is?) "turn off your chat, git gud and HARD CARRY", so clearly at least 85% of the playerbase (all ranked players below plat) either don't care about teamwork, or absolutely, positively, frustratingly SUCK AT IT. It should also be noted, that Riot has slowly been killing "teamwork" THEMSELVES, just by other means, namely: hard nerfing vision, all but removing tanks (a team oriented class), nerfing most utility supports, etc.; the game as it exists right now is mainly: 1v1 top lane, explosive junglers, explosive burst mids, insane damage bot-laner and burst mage supports, it's all predicated on how quickly can you get 1 or more guy snowballing. Which is the biggest issue people have had with the game lately, it's not "how can I help my TEAM win" it's "who's going to make their team LOSE". EDIT: also, it'd be fairly easy to do a "hybrid" approach, something like: 20 LP is the "base" gain, you get +/-10 for a Win/Loss, and then anywhere from -15 to +15 points for personal performance (the extra 5 pt swing being extreme performance ie: troll level bad or smurf level good, so in a "normal" game it's a -10 to +10 range) Then, if you play well, but the team loses, maybe you get -10 pts (for loss) and +8 (for skill) and only see a net loss of -2 LP, then you have a win where you play well maybe account for +17, and a game you win but you suck maybe only giving +5, etc.
: I love how you think a performance based rank system would make things LESS toxic. As people start intentionally prolonging games to get a better KDA, throwing teammates under the bus because losing a game is now a BETTER outcome for you personally than having bad stats, etc. If you think people wouldn't learn how to game the system to get points without needing to care about winning within a week, you know nothing about people.
I for one would VASTLY prefer this, considering: a) Trolls no longer affect my rank b) dc/afk no longer affect my rank c) Smurfs who are not IN MY LANE have minimal impact on my rank d) Players might not always give up at 10 - 15 mins (yeah, they don't always get the SURRENDER that they want, but they give up) e) Autofill is less of a factor And most importantly, because people have been throwing this idiotic canard out for YEARS f) **Ranked games are ALREADY full of morons that don't care about objectives or the win and chase KDA ANYWAY**
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: yeah difficulty of destroying a turret and difficulty of diving a person under the turret are completely separate things your comment is full of ignorance
TBF, ALL damage has scaled up. Thus, diving under turrets IS easier than it was back in the day. It doesn't matter that towers go from hitting for 150 vs 100 when champs asspound you for 1000. The success case for a turret dive is basically "can I kill you in 1 or less turret shots". The FACT that this is a possibility in more than just 6 item late game is the main issue.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: No ADC is building armor penetration, why is this not talked about?
Riot decided "slow" games are boring to watch, ergo ALL damage is insanely high and tanks are basically useless. So, everyone just plays damage dealers and viola: Team Deathmatch League style. Take a look at the guys you linked, quick glance at Rekkles games says yeah, he ain't building armor pen, but guess what he ain't seeing AGAINST himself: Armor. If no one is building armor, then why the hell would you waste money on Armor Pen?
: > [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wJ0ZEAQW,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-07-04T23:00:22.924+0000) > > She's not. Unless she has a team comp that supports her any assassin can blow her up right now. I mean for the amount of safety she has, she does way too much damage.
Her mobility is garbage, if you have a gap closer, she's meat.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: yes lets enforce flaming the shit out of someone so they afk :)
People keep saying this, considering the ridiculous level of toxicity we already have, who are the wilting flowers that'd fold under flaming at this point? To be honest, I dig in harder and think "ok, we're all going to hell together" when I get heavy flamed or people making whining dumbass comments. If you're mouthing off 5 mins in I'm gonna vote no on all your surrender requests simply because you clearly need the practice.
: Here is why NA PRO teams struggle against EU teams despite playing better than usual
The main problem is that EVERYONE will tel you that NA solo-q is garbage. That's known and I'm sure there are several reasons for it, but it means our "farm system" is just awful. (as proven by the age of our best team vs all the other top regions) I think in "original" league, NA is better or at least on par with EU, altho worse than Korea and probably China. In "Team Deathmatch League", (that Riot seems to be aiming for now) NA is worse than EU. Where we'd stand vs Korea & China is questionable if we stabilize. I think China will likely be better than us for a variety of reasons and Korea would POSSIBLY be like EU was IF we get over our fear of them. We did badly against Korea at MSI because we wanted to play the Korean style and they're better at it than us. But it'll be interesting to see which playerbases abandon the game first. Right now it looks like NA will be the leader on that, but if the game keeps in this direction Korea could run for the door also.
: The state of NA at Rift Rivals
It's funny, because coming out of MSI people thought that G2 >>>> EU and the NA teams were more "clumped". Rift Rivals shows that at least in international play its the other way around. That said, my one takeaway from this is that had MSI been on this patch Liquid wouldn't have lost to G2 AS badly as they did. (altho either team MIGHT have been eliminated before Finals anyway) I'm not sure about other champs, but Sylas was CLEARLY broken on the MSI patch and Caps was just way too good on that champ on that patch. Or else, we can say Liquid lost at MSI, BUT they also clearly either learned a LOT or else just got a lot of personal instruction from Steve about hitting skillshots. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Moody P (NA)
: bro just be fine with mages top clicking you for free damage like Neeko and if you ever try to play aggressively you get snare locked and murdered, just be fine with that just fucking lol at bringing up ADC patch when they were the only class who has NEVER had serious competition in their lane and that shift only lasted for all of like 3 patches before we were back to marksmen being the 99% pick rate bot class
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EjFrjOEw,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-27T16:13:43.917+0000) > > that shift only lasted for all of like 3 patches before we were back to marksmen being the 99% pick rate bot class Marksmen are 99% pick because of comfort. Or did you not see how common Sona/Taric is in pro play and Perkz wrecking shop at Rift Rivals. Hell, EU in general is doing all sorts of rando and trashing NA's "META comps".
: > [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=61dMmfLU,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2019-06-20T20:45:56.048+0000) > > I'd agree, but Yasuo only has 5 skins, if that was the REAL job, they should've made the same champ but given her boobs, THEN they'd sell a ton of skins. That said, Yasuo is the DUMBEST champion for one reason: > I used to ban this champ all the time because either the opponent would be too strong on him OR banning Yasuo makes the player that wanted to play him tilt all to hell and it's "easy win", because all the weeb edgelords go nuts if they can't play fake kenshin. The big problem is when the weeblords are on my team, because if your ally hovers Yasuo you're 90% boned. If he's banned you get exactly what I just detailed. If he's NOT banned, either the enemy team gets him and smashes you or your Yasuo player is somehow a moron that is gonna feed 5 kils and then afk/ragequit because his Naruto fantasy isn't happening. And god help you if your own team bans Yasuo when the edgelord wants to play him (whether they hover it or not) APPARENTLY, that's Kai'sa's job. Seriously look at this whores release date and the amount of skins she has now.
> [{quoted}](name=TengenToppaGnar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=61dMmfLU,comment-id=00020000000100010000,timestamp=2019-06-21T03:57:34.894+0000) > > APPARENTLY, that's Kai'sa's job. Seriously look at this whores release date and the amount of skins she has now. Nah, Kai'sa is new so she doesn't have a lot of skins (and one of hers is a Team skin, so ... not really applicable IMO). She needs time to prove she's at all like: {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:55}}
abca98 (EUW)
: Yeah but his champs sell skins, which is his actual job.
> [{quoted}](name=abca98,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=61dMmfLU,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-06-20T19:46:02.783+0000) > > Yeah but his champs sell skins, which is his actual job. I'd agree, but Yasuo only has 5 skins, if that was the REAL job, they should've made the same champ but given her boobs, THEN they'd sell a ton of skins. That said, Yasuo is the DUMBEST champion for one reason: I used to ban this champ all the time because either the opponent would be too strong on him OR banning Yasuo makes the player that wanted to play him tilt all to hell and it's "easy win", because all the weeb edgelords go nuts if they can't play fake kenshin. The big problem is when the weeblords are on my team, because if your ally hovers Yasuo you're 90% boned. If he's banned you get exactly what I just detailed. If he's NOT banned, either the enemy team gets him and smashes you or your Yasuo player is somehow a moron that is gonna feed 5 kils and then afk/ragequit because his Naruto fantasy isn't happening. And god help you if your own team bans Yasuo when the edgelord wants to play him (whether they hover it or not)
: Fix your matchmaking
I wanna agree, but blame smurfs. Sometimes you'll get that lvl 40, 0 mastery pt player that hits all their skill shots and has immaculate rotations. I think Riot's matchmaking is garbage, but a decent chunk of it is all the high elo a-holes that wanna noobstomp.
: I like getting slammed with ? pings after a fight I spent running for my life since my team forgot I existed. FeelsGoodMan
What do you mean, all your frontliners ALMOST had that Singed. If only you hadn't died so fast to the Vayne+Akali+Lux combo that flanked through the jungle, they TOTALLY would've caught that guy.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Am I wrong in my opinion that Que times are what ultimately killed Teambuilder?
No, but you WOULD be wrong if you think TeamBuilder players hated the queue times. (TeamBuilder fan that didn't mind the long waits)
: I think a different solution could work better. Turrets would get a protective aura. While under turret you would get a shield, or massive healing so you can farm under turret even against hard counter, and become harder to dive. People would be less punished for being unlucky, and get countered, and laners wouldn't dependent on jungler that much.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O1yfm10x,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-06-12T10:35:58.223+0000) > > I think a different solution could work better. > > Turrets would get a protective aura. While under turret you would get a shield Interestingly, turrets USED to do this, and I agree that they should do so again. At minimum, I think turrets should provide a shield for allied champions while plates are there.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=QuadraBananas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UB0b3oUL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-12T01:45:47.886+0000) > > i think most people prefer fairer game, but the reason why they give more priority to faster queue time is high elo. > if we made it more fair and longer queue time, diamond would have to wait 1 hour per game just to have someone decline match and wait another 30 min. > > i think, we should have more fair for lower elo and faster for higher elo. > im sure riot could make it happen Back when there was no autofill, but after rank selection, streamers got hour long waits.
Agreed, but that's an easy fix: Once you get to low Plat(?) (pick an elo I don't care) all the non-Fill options are disabled. So basically once you pass Gold you can't Role select anymore. I thought upper elo is where you're supposed to coordinate more anyway.
ApexRiven (EUW)
: I tihnk i may quite playing toplane honesly. This role suck
> [{quoted}](name=ApexRiven,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yrqBgA0c,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-04T16:52:15.140+0000) > > Everygame is same. My botlane go 0/10 at 7 mn 2 v2 while me getting camp by enemy jgl over and over... Seriously how am i suppose to play game and have fun if im getting gank every 30 seconde, My jgl is afk farm and still down in cs compare to enemy jgl how never left topside, My midlaner is dying over and over sol to yasuo and so on ... I main botlane, I have the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE except change "botlane" to "toplane" (and obviously 2v2 to 1v1). The problem is matchmaking is garbage. Last night was the first time in a very long time that I was most likely the worst player on my team and we lost. Usually if I'm worst I can make myself light enough to be carried, but if I'm BEST on my team, we're screwed because at least 2 if not 3 of my teammates are hot garbage, if not straight trolls.
: Some things. 1. Would you rather have a long boring game with 1 memorable moment or a less boring game with no memorable moments because they're all pretty good. 2. Two things I see right now. A. The game is a bit too snowbally. B I think the next team fight wins it stage does indeed come a bit too soon for my tastes. 3. C9 took 35.25, TL 29.26, CLG 31.55 Optic took 38.49 GG, 28.31 So even though the average was 32 somewhere, the more competitive games took longer. Is the problem the meta itself or that some of the teams, particularly Fox and 100t looked terrible day 1? It did not help things that the marquis matchup, TL vs TSM completely disappointed and didn't turn out to be the rock em sock em robots match from a competitive standpoint it was billed to be. TL dumpstered them. 4. Oh and it's only one day. 5. Let me get this straight. Let us just back up a bit. I seriously need some clarification. You think Titanic was a good movie? :)
> [{quoted}](name=BigBellBrute,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=ylWEByMr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-02T18:22:39.949+0000) > > Some things. > 1. Would you rather have a long boring game with 1 memorable moment or a less boring game with no memorable moments because they're all pretty good. This is basically asking which is better: Basketball or Soccer? One has scoring fast and furious all game long and the other has probing and feints, looking for weaknesses to exploit capped with a sudden burst for a score. I know people that hate soccer because it is "boring" and I know people that think it's worthless to watch more than the last 2 minutes of any basketball game because the prior 38 don't really matter. NEITHER of those views is accurate (IMO) and both display that non-fans simply aren't going to bother to build an appreciation for the game on their own. When League is at it's BEST, I feel like a viewer SHOULD be able to appreciate a highlight play and/or the chess-match of strengths against weaknesses. I feel like the current META removes the latter.
: Pretty much never beause 1. Big play lcs 2. Korea and China like it
I can buy that China loves it, but does Korea really? I dunno, maybe the rando, PC bang crowd does, maybe, but Korea's pro decline is pretty much directly correlated to the "Big play LCS" shift. (largely because Korea pioneered the "well-informed, methodical play" style)
: I still feel like waiting 20-60 minutes you'd hit the point where you'd be waiting and just give up and go do something else and not come back. Maybe you just love LoL so much that you wouldn't hit this point... but few others would be standing there with you. Even a lot of pros go play on smurfs when queue times cross 10 minutes just 'cause they'd rather not wait, even if it increases the quality of the game.
NUMEROUS people have made posts requesting the ability to toggle autofill on/off. It seems pretty simple to get the ACTUAL numbers on this, just put in that feature and bam you can clearly see in black and white how many people prioritize what.
Acekill3r (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=XNNkQNQL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-19T23:02:46.986+0000) > > I'm proud, but also devastated. I think in the BROAD scheme, Liquid did a great service to the LCS and frankly gave back hope to the region. But in the micro, losing to G2 in the Finals hurts, a LOT, and almost certainly BECAUSE Liquid gave our hope back. I was thinking after the IG win, that this result would be the most painful possible. Had we lost to IG, it would've been "expected" and we'd have been numb to it. But beating them showed what we can do at our absolute best and what we are and should be capable of. I was thinking if SKT got thru and beat us, that loss would sting, but mentally I think NA has conceded defeat to Korea. I hope we win MSI and/or World over them one day, but for now I think most have thought Korea is just better at League than us. But Europe? No matter what the stats and results say, I don't think we want to accept that Europe really is BETTER than NA. MAybe they've beaten us, but we can and will beat them. > > Hopefully this lights a fire for Worlds. I'd love to see NA stomp into World looking to prove NA > EU because while we can make a mound of excuses for why Asian teams have beaten us in the past, damned if we're gonna let the Euros show us up. Congrats to G2, but this one hurts, a LOT. Ok this is fine but one thing I bothers me, you can't let emotions blind you that much, G2 had the best players with the best gameplay performing very good with working pocket picks in every role.. Mmmm, it was kinda expected they would win. Still well played NA, you impressed me and stepped up a lot!
G2 earned their win. They DID have better players, made better plays and were expected to win. But EU v NA is probably the ONLY "Rift Rivalry" where the fans actually CARE. When Korea was the undisputed top of League and LPL was generally viewed as the 2nd and EU v. NA was a fight for third, our regions still CARED which of us was that third. At MSI EU was seen as a possible 2nd and NA was viewed as a clear 4th if not worse, and STILL we wanted to beat EU and split games in the Group stage. I say this NOT out of disrespect for G2 the team, but out of huge respect for the EU v. NA rivalry. Had Liquid lost to IG, NA might've moved towards viewing LoL like the World Cup. An impressive competition which we simply don't care about enough to feel any real passion for. But beating IG reminded us that we can compete at this game, and knowing that, we WANT to beat our rival. And in the LONG term, I think that that's for the best.
GForce9x (NA)
: It was rather disappointing considering how intense both semi-final matches were. G2 essentially did to TL what TL did to IG - shut down their win condition. TL knew that IG's win condition was through mid so they put their focus on trying to shut down Rookie or at least keeping him contained. TL's win condition is primarily through bot lane (not that Jensen isn't capable of carrying, but TL has a hard time winning games when DoubleLift is a non-factor), so G2 focused them hard.
I agree with this. In the end, looking at bans, TL targeted Caps (for good reason) and G2 targeted CoreJJ. (Basically BOTH teams targeted the best player on the other team) The general "net" effect being TL contained 1 guy for two games (they let Caps get Sylas in Game 2 trying to keep Rakan from Mikyx, and gg) and G2 contained 2 guys (since if they mash down CoreJJ, then DL can't really do much either, which isn't to say DL played well, just mathematically it works out better for G2). I think this META just works really well for G2's lineup since Caps clearly likes to play an aggressive style.
: I am A Very Proud NA Fan
I'm proud, but also devastated. I think in the BROAD scheme, Liquid did a great service to the LCS and frankly gave back hope to the region. But in the micro, losing to G2 in the Finals hurts, a LOT, and almost certainly BECAUSE Liquid gave our hope back. I was thinking after the IG win, that this result would be the most painful possible. Had we lost to IG, it would've been "expected" and we'd have been numb to it. But beating them showed what we can do at our absolute best and what we are and should be capable of. I was thinking if SKT got thru and beat us, that loss would sting, but mentally I think NA has conceded defeat to Korea. I hope we win MSI and/or World over them one day, but for now I think most have thought Korea is just better at League than us. But Europe? No matter what the stats and results say, I don't think we want to accept that Europe really is BETTER than NA. MAybe they've beaten us, but we can and will beat them. Hopefully this lights a fire for Worlds. I'd love to see NA stomp into World looking to prove NA > EU because while we can make a mound of excuses for why Asian teams have beaten us in the past, damned if we're gonna let the Euros show us up. Congrats to G2, but this one hurts, a LOT.
: Screw history! Screw narratives!
I admit, I didn't believe. I expected the loss and am THRILLED to be wrong. That said, I've also thought for years that we (as a region) suck at Bo1s and had a much better chance at Bo5s. I don't know what it is, I assume our teams don't wanna spend days researching the other teams before the tourney starts. We generally adjust well, but we come in bad so now that we can adjust to things in-game, that's working!
: TL won!
Let's go LIQUID! Wow, that's DAMN awesome
: you don't pay attention to the bans or the players do you? they ban the enemy teams strongest picks. they are not champion specific. I was talking about high diamond. It is common to ban that players strongest pick in high diamond. This not hard to understand. Also blaming your teammates is a very stuck in low elo thing to do. You can climb to diamond soloq by improving self performance.
Diamond (and above, by current distribution) is the top ~2.35% of players playing League of Legends. To be blunt, I am not going to get to Diamond, ever. I'm ok with that, I ACCEPT that If I wanted to commit myself to trying to climb League I'd probably peak in Gold to low Plat. (for a mix of reasons) But I play League for fun and I really want COMPETITIVE games, period. If 90% of my games are just totally fair "either side could win" and I never go above Silver in RANK, I'd be happy. I am NOT someone that's gonna go 50-1-0 and carry a bunch of trolls and feeders out of Bronze. So if banning Yasuo means I don't have to deal with some edge-lord 1v5'ing my team just because some other idiot couldn't help feeding him a half dozen kills during lane phase, then yeah, that's what is best FOR THE TEAM. (Note: I NEVER (intentionally) ban a champ my team hovers/wants to play even if it's a "power" pick and the person who wants it is LAST pick) If you want to practice so much, then why not ban the EASIEST matchup for your preferred champ so that you can force yourself into a disadvantageous game or just ban something like Anivia that almost no one plays.
Pika Fox (NA)
: I literally wouldnt care?
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-05-16T18:08:16.742+0000) > > I literally wouldnt care? Understandable, I don't use bans in Bot games either.
Pika Fox (NA)
: A none ban leaves more options open for me to pick into the opponent, and more options for the opponent to pick that i feel comfortable picking into. Ontop of that, you never get better against a champion if all you do is ban it. Yas is easy to deal with.... But people ban him instead of learning. Bans are only ever useful if theyre targetted at a specific player (which you cant do until high diamond solo queue), or used to take out a counterpick to your intended pick. For someone who can play multiple champions proficiently, its not a good idea to ban the counter of your pick if you can also play that.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-16T14:10:05.307+0000) > > Ontop of that, you never get better against a champion if all you do is ban it. Yas is easy to deal with.... But people ban him instead of learning. For a fair number of champions, the counterplay is "shut then down early" or "shut them down in lane". I would generally prefer to ban these champs if I'm NOT playing that lane and my teammate isn't showing that they plan to play it, (I usually hover my ban for at LEAST 10 secs waiting for someone to tell me NOT to ban it) because below the elo you're saying the bans are useful, I wouldn't count on teammates being able to shut down certain champs. (not saying players CAN'T, but SOME players can't and others... I dunno, won't?)
: its not that idiotic. its pretty logical. in high diamond your lp gains are very small. and you play against the same players. So you ban their pick instead of the champ you don't like which anyone below diamond does. The only way to get better at dealing with a champion is to play against that champion.
It's idiotic. Bans exist in pro-play because there's champs that your team will want off the table. Here's two reasons to ban champs in elo below diamond: 1. Champ is a direct counterpick to your preferred champion (only reason to not do this is if you are last pick) 2. X champ is known to be difficult to deal with 9 times out of 10, you should at MINIMUM ban for #2 for one simple reason: **you're playing with 4 randos** I don't care if you think you can beat any champion in the game straight up, are you certain you can beat ANY champ in the game when down 2-3 levels and a full item? I play bot lane (ADC & sup) but I often ban mids or jgs, why? BECAUSE I GET A TON OF TEAMMATES THAT CAN'T HANDLE CERTAIN CHAMPS. Hell, that's why a lot of non-tops ban Nasus in low elo. As thrilling as it is trying to work on my game against a fed Nasus with 500 stacks its much safer and easier to give yourself the peace of mind of not worrying about it in the first place. I have enough issues with mid and top being 0/5 by 15 mins even WITH a ban.
: Good exemple is TL VS SKT. Not banning Lee Sin even tough it's by far Clid best champion. Why waste a ban on Olaf instead of Lee Sin? I don't get it.
The Olaf ban is a fair question, but the Lee Sin point is ridiculous. Literally NO ONE banned Clid's Lee Sin. (and Clid CHOSE to play RekSai in one game and went 7-0-1) Clid's a strong player who can probably handle the meta picks (like RekSai) well and happens to just be strong with Lee Sin. I think Liquid should have been ready to play against the Lee Sin, but I don't see banning it. I think the big problem for Liquid (and NA honestly) is not necessarily their coach but the rest of the support staff. That's one reason for excitement and optimism coming out out of groups. NA has often been bad (internationally) in Bo1's in large part IMO because I think NA can "adjust" well (G2 showed Liquid that Sylas is perma-ban), and yes these are things they SHOULD have known going in, but I think the team and coaches adjust to what happens on the rift but for whatever reason don't do a lot of research or don't process it correctly.
: To my fellow bot lane players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjoFZEwAyI
: When the ADC and SUP hate each other
Taric would've blocked it for him
: How come everytime Faker is getting owned
English language casters (and NA in particular) push "brand" over "skill", its part of the problem with the NA region as a whole. Its better for business to make note of doublelift (who has a ton of followers) rather than an unknown "up and coming" rookie. Faker is the Tom Brady of league, ie. the leader of a multi-year dynasty. Most guys won't be seen as a really big deal until they're basically past their prime. (which is not to say "not any good" but not necessarily the "best" anymore)
Azca33 (NA)
: Watching MSI is Depressing for NA Fans
Here's why Riot needs to invest at minimum TIME and probably money into fixing NA solo-q or just kiss NA goodbye. (They may as well make a "declining region" bracket to go with the "emerging region" bracket and put NA in it) Hard numbers that prove the problem: Riot's "1st, 2nd & 3rd Team" top players from the spring include: 6 NA original players & 9 imports. They also include MORE players that originated from EU (7) than NA (6). G2's average age is around 21, IG's average age is around 20. Liquid's YOUNGEST player is 24. Licorice is the youngest of the NA born players to be considered "top 3 in his position" from the spring, he'd be the oldest or nearly the oldest player on G2 or IG. In his interview after SKT won Spring Split, Faker himself said he's getting old, ... he's 23, younger than ANYONE on Liquid. NA solo-q is terrible (the pros all state this, it's telling that NA goes to KR to play solo-q to "train" since the only other real option in the US is scrims). Without a good solo-q we'll NEVER develop homegrown talent. This means our only chance to be competitive is imports. Which would mean we either need to be incredible about scouting imports (get em at 17-18) or we're always going to be getting players on the decline. (CoreJJ was "far and away" the MVP of Spring, and he's "old" in any other region)
: > [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-05-08T16:28:52.715+0000) > > It is relevant because of all the "Riot matchmaking sucks" threads. We keep getting "I'm Iron 3 getting matched with Gold 2s", which are answered (by other players) with "because their MMR sucks or yours is really good", which is EASILY provable (or disputable) if we could SEE the MMR. Either the whole system runs on a single number, OR the system runs on your rank, but don't run it on a number but TELL us it's based on your rank. > > Or, as others have SAID, here's the SIMPLE way to fix things: > 1. Dump promos > 2. "Rank" is based on people between MMR values X and Y, period. So if I have an MMR of 500 I'm rank Y and if I have MMR of 2000 I'm rank Z > > This makes things simple and maintains the "illusion" to give people incentive to climb. But the current (longstanding) system of "you're Rank X, but your MMR is higher, so keep punching buttons like a monkey and EVENTUALLY your rank will be 'correct'" is assinine. How can any of you possibly discuss continuing a system that gives out different number of points in first place? How stupid. The only reason since of you support MMR system is you some you are the magical better player that will be gaining more points. If I told you would always get 17lp per win and lose 20, you would veto that system as unfair. Why is less aha more points better? Flat gains and losses please, let MMR system go.
I PREFER flat rank, whatever rank you are you ONLY play against your same rank (maybe above gold you can play with the tiers due to lower population, but below Plat, there should be no real issue with "Bronze only plays v Bronze, Silver v Silver, etc" (further I'm fine with "Only S4 vs S4, S3 v S3, etc") But I was just saying if Riot is DETERMINED to keep MMR, then at LEAST make rank and MMR more directly analogous. There should NEVER be a reason why (for example) a Bronze 2 plays against a Gold 1, especially since you can't make that duo.
: I'm just curious but lets assume that you know your MMR, what difference does that make? How does that information change anything for you at all? Your MMR is used exclusively for matchmaking purposes, it has no bearing on your division and your place in the ranked league. It just determines what opponents are appropriate for you based on a mathematical equation. Your rank defines how good of a player you really are, it is your place in the League and defines how well you have performed, except it does it in an easily digestible fashion. Having a XXXXXXX MMR is rather meaningless unless you understand how its calculated and know how you can effect it and that information no one knows, we can only guess beyond the basic "win games", which effectively is the only goal any player should have in League because lets face it, its the only things that matters.
It is relevant because of all the "Riot matchmaking sucks" threads. We keep getting "I'm Iron 3 getting matched with Gold 2s", which are answered (by other players) with "because their MMR sucks or yours is really good", which is EASILY provable (or disputable) if we could SEE the MMR. Either the whole system runs on a single number, OR the system runs on your rank, but don't run it on a number but TELL us it's based on your rank. Or, as others have SAID, here's the SIMPLE way to fix things: 1. Dump promos 2. "Rank" is based on people between MMR values X and Y, period. So if I have an MMR of 500 I'm rank Y and if I have MMR of 2000 I'm rank Z This makes things simple and maintains the "illusion" to give people incentive to climb. But the current (longstanding) system of "you're Rank X, but your MMR is higher, so keep punching buttons like a monkey and EVENTUALLY your rank will be 'correct'" is assinine.
: What happens to turret plate gold if no one is nearby?
It goes into a lockbox that's used to pay for kleptomancy
Alzon (NA)
: The minions split it evenly.
Weird thought: what if this was actually 100% true and turret defender got that gold if they cs the minions?
: unpopular opinion
Let me preface by saying this: **I am PROBABLY at my proper rank right now, I am low elo for a variety of reasons and I accept that** Now, that said, Ranked #feelsbadman because of this: 1. If I am the WORST player on my team, I will climb. I can usually keep level with my lane opponent and at WORST can usually keep myself light enough to be carried, I won't go 100%, but can probably be 70-80% WR in this state 2. If I'm "mid tier" on my team, I will probably climb. Again, I can hold my own in lane and can contribute in line with what's expected of me 3. If I'm the BEST of my team, I'll have negative WR. In this state, I will win my lane, sometimes strongly but will usually have at LEAST 2 other lanes losing. In a rare few games I can rally my team back into it, but more often they either give up by the time lane phase is over or any attempts to help other lanes merely leads to my own lane starting to catch up while I try to deal with enemies who are either as fed or MORESO than myself. The argument would be "that shows you're at your proper elo", which as I said at the start, is most certainly true. But the PROBLEM is that you FEEL like you can play with a higher elo, because when I HAVE higher elo teammates (or even EQUAL teammates) I win more than I lose. The core problem with the "W/L is all that matters" situation in ranked (aside from trolls & smurfs) is that I don't WANT to be the superstar of my team. I don't WANT to be 50-3-2 and hard carrying past scrubs. I want to play my role in a TEAM game and see our TEAM succeed at what we're trying to do. Riot "sells" (not literally) Ranked as a game mode where you play others (allies and enemies) that are AT the same level as yourself. In reality it FEELS like that happens maybe 10% of the time at BEST. Either the snowball mechanics have made thigns terrible or matchmaking is awful. There's no other explanation for having constant games where I look up at 10 minutes and 1 or more lanes are down 5-0. One game out of every five, sure. But if the games supposedly STARTED "even" (in terms of player skill) then that sort of thing should be incredibly rare, even accounting for the fact that I play in low elo and everyone at my level is bad.
: old riot balance team here are 2 items that can be built on any champion and effectively make them immortal oh it's boring? here is a new item that can be built on these champions that doesn't change the above issue but it just reinforces it oh it's still boring? well here is a 4th item that can do the same oh morde is face tanking 2 turrets and 5 players for 1 minute? he is actually healing from the enemy adc? thats fine 5 tanks teams could just group mid and end while the enemy team goes oom or straight suicides from thornmails? i guess thats fun here is an item that amplifies your damage dealt and is a % hp nuke oh any champ with a single ap scaling can build it and 1 shot anyone that doesn't exclusively build mr and health? great stuff here is an item which you can buy 5 times and be the most effective strategy? amazing shit yo i can continue till tomorrow
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dsNLv9dY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-07T11:18:43.324+0000) > > 5 tanks teams could just group mid and end while the enemy team goes oom or straight suicides from thornmails? Look guy, back then Riot EXPLICITLY told you to build Thornmails, no matter what. It was in the GD tutorial as a first build with Ashe for goodness sake. If you didn't have one it was your own damn fault.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WuTqtLI6,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2019-05-07T09:43:16.821+0000) > > It is an intended mechanic. There are summoner spells and passives in the game that allow you to walk through minions to give you an advantage. > > Just pay attention to where you are going.... make sure you plan your movements so you never get trapped in minions. It is a really easy concept to understand if you use 1% of your brain But its not working as intended
> [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WuTqtLI6,comment-id=00220000,timestamp=2019-05-07T10:40:36.325+0000) > > But its not working as intended {{champion:157}} can get a speed buff passing THROUGH minions, giving him an advantage... so... **working as intended** (is there any champ that can pass through minions (on their own) that ISN'T hated by players who aren't their mains?)
: It's unfortunately a nessecary evil, where you kinda need Creep Block to be a thing, else folk would be able to constantly hide within the minion wave, and champions like Blitzcrank or a lot of mages are fucked because they can't hit their key set-up ability for their kit. You'd need to either also allow said abilities to go through minions, or adjust in other places. Or if it was possible, be able to detect when the character is stuck/'wiggling' and temporarily release it for a moment to free you, but I dunno how hard that'd be to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WuTqtLI6,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-05-06T17:25:47.600+0000) > > It's unfortunately a nessecary evil, where you kinda need Creep Block to be a thing, else folk would be able to constantly hide within the minion wave, and champions like Blitzcrank or a lot of mages are fucked because they can't hit their key set-up ability for their kit. You'd need to either also allow said abilities to go through minions, or adjust in other places. I don't even know what you're trying to say here, everyone hides BEHIND creeps to protect for Blitz hooks, but you have crap like Zyra and Lux who can already pop you THROUGH minions. If minions weren't completely pass through for players, at WORST it'd just re-tilt which champs take priority, but more realistically would have minimal impact. Low elo wouldn't be able to sit "in" minions in any useful effective way for extended periods and High elo already excels at DODGING skill shots, so why bother? But that's just a philosophical point on that, more realistically, there's a valid point to NOT having players pass "through" minions outside of very exceptional cases. But irrespective of that, it SHOULD be very easy to code it so that CHAMPIONS take priority and can PUSH (allied) minions out of the way. There is literally NO reason for champs to walk in circles because of their OWN minions. Basically, a champion should walk in a straight line towards whereever the player clicks. If a WALL is in the way, you walk around it. If a champion is in the way, then things go as they currently do. If ALLIED minions are in the way, the champion walks in a straight line and the MINIONS are moved to allow the champion to get where they're going.
Saianna (EUNE)
: Promos are made for you to lose. They are meant to keep you in the loop of "I can prove everyone I can be better than this". It's meant to keep you addicted and repeating the same bullshit game after game only to bounce back after yet another promo bullshittiery. I don't wanna play conspiracy theory (which i kinda will now), but my guess is promos are rigged from the start. MMR, knowing a player is in his promos, will add obvious toxic/oddball players only to make sure you will bounce back. It doesn't happen always, but it doesn't has to be. Lots of divisions, lots of promos, lots of "chances" to bounce you back. Do NOT play ranked. Play normals/aram/LTM instead. They can be as competitive, if not more, than ranked game. If you want to see ranked getting fixed, you gotta, as a playerbase, show Riot, this shit ain't okay. Don't play ranked. That's the crappy, yet only, solution to make Riot fix it.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JhdEroul,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-07T12:01:58.571+0000) > > Do NOT play ranked. Play normals/aram/LTM instead. They can be as competitive, if not more, than ranked game. I used to enjoy playing Normals because you don't have the stress and pressure of screwing up in Ranked. Back then I would have disagreed voiciferously noting that you get all manner of smurfs, trolls and people trying out things or half-assing it in Normals. Now... now I see ALL those things CONSISTENTLY (like not once in 100 games or 50 or even 10, more like 1 in every 2-3 (and if I don't "see" it in the other ones, it's probably on the other team)). So, with that in mind, I'd agree that Normals and Ranked are basically equally competitive now. Not because people care about Normals now more than back in the day, but because people care about Ranked less.
Velasan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:18:32.753+0000) > > Can you give some specific examples? I can't think of any, but your point makes sense and I think some specific examples would be good for the discussion. Well for one Cho'gath Q. If he is trying to catch someone for an engage and that is his main source of CC until he walks right on top of someone, and then the knock up only lasts like .2 sec, he becomes completely useless. Also, stops Yasuo from being able to use R because it doesn't activate until after the opponent is in the air. Swains passive pull would end early because it is considered a knock up. Nunu (which gets the knock up extended by how far you travel with the W) works that way because otherwise he would have too much CC point blank, but when he uses it to engage he ends the W the snowball distance away from the enemy and has to walk to them to use E and R. Same thing there, if it ended early, and he couldn't go after them he would have no engage and no ability to follow up. There are a lot more, but there's a couple of good ones.
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:38:06.427+0000) > > Also, stops Yasuo from being able to use R because it doesn't activate until after the opponent is in the air. I support this item SOLELY for this reason right here. I also know it would not get implemented SOLELY for this reason right here.
: > [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T17:47:08.582+0000) > > Actually, it is proof of the idiocy of Rank vs MMR. You should ALWAYS play against people of your RANK, or else your MMR should be visible, period, full stop. Otherwise it's just a ridiculous exercise in frustration. If I were to have Plat MMR but Bronze RANK then that's just ridiculous, you're only gonna piss of everyone in the upper rank who sees you with low rank and is going to blame you for throwing the game unless you hard carry. (ex: see all the threads about "Rito Matchmaking" comparing ranks of the two teams) What is the point of a ladder if you don't progress to play against higher ranked players? I don't think you understand how the ranked system works so a conversation with you on this topic is a complete waste of time.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T21:47:48.104+0000) > > What is the point of a ladder if you don't progress to play against higher ranked players? I don't think you understand how the ranked system works so a conversation with you on this topic is a complete waste of time. I understand a ladder, explain to me how it is GOOD to have ONE rank that you can SEE and another **entirely separate rank** that you CAN'T see, and the latter is what your matchmaking is based on. You're basically saying: "I'm gonna order everyone by X metric, but I'm going to give you Y metric that is entirely arbitrary. You will get matched up based on X but all your teammates and opponents will see Y" WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING TWO DIFFERENT METRICS?!? If you can see MMR, then at least everyone knows your "rank" is total BS and you're smurfing or boosted or whatever. Or else get rid of MMR ENTIRELY and then Bronzes play Bronze and Diamonds play Diamond.. What is the point of having say Plats play against Silvers, especially when Riot supposedly established a policy that players separated by these ranks can't CHOOSE to queue with each other?
: > [{quoted}](name=Amor Omnia ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-25T21:11:46.890+0000) > > It's still wrong. no excuses I think making a new account to have 20 second queue timers instead of hour long queue timers is a pretty good excuse.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:21:28.231+0000) > > I think making a new account to have 20 second queue timers instead of hour long queue timers is a pretty good excuse. You've gotta at least wonder how much of the top elo "bad queue" is due to all the players up there having smurfs and playing on them INSTEAD of their "mains" for whatever reason. I agree with OP about the "X to Challenger" crap, but I assume most streamers do it for the same reason LoL balance is going the way it is, which is: if done RIGHT high level strategic play can be BORING to WATCH. If you're playing the game right (as ALL high level tips suggest) you don't want to DIE, so when you have top level players playing against each other they're trying to avoid death. OTOH, if you're a top level player playing in low elo, you're not scared of any of the players so you can kill like crazy and all the monkey viewers that don't wanna understand strategy and tactics can giggle and clap at the 30+ kills you rack up, giving you those sweet, sweet viewer/subscriber/donation boosts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Amor Omnia ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-04-26T04:44:41.596+0000) > > If the matchmaking algorthim's prime directive is not "achieve 50% winrate for everyone", then what should it be? That isn't how elo or ranked ladders work. 50% win rates aren't forced. A 50% win rate is a symptom that you are where you belong on the ladder. The streamers who shit on everyone couldn't be more proof that it isn't "forced". In our current time in the year 2019, there is no such thing as an algorithm that can predict whether or not a player will AFK or int in your game to force your win rate to go one way or another. It can't predict the future and know the outcome of the game. The only thing that happens is that you play games with players who are higher on the ladder if you go on a long win streak. Then you play against players who are lower on the ladder if you go on a long losing streak. It has been proven countless times by countless high ranked streamers and pro players. If it was "forced", the pro players and streamers will be stuck in Silver with you. However, they are not bad at the game so they usually get to diamond instantly by going 50-4 every damn time. Wake up, stop complaining, and realize that YOU are the problem. The probability of you running into one of these streamers or pro players in your games is very small. If they shit on you, you can learn from it and it doesn't affect the VAST MAJORITY of your games and plays NO PART WHATSOEVER as to why you are stuck. Besides, if you deserve higher ranks, you should give these streamers and pro players a run for their money and thus you would have absolutely nothing to complain about in the first place. You have a loser's mentality when you just complain about better players running you over instead of believing in yourself, learning from your loses, and gaining the confidence that you can kick their ass if you see them in your game again.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dOnG7YHH,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T15:12:30.987+0000) > > That isn't how elo or ranked ladders work. 50% win rates aren't forced. A 50% win rate is a symptom that you are where you belong on the ladder. Actually, it is proof of the idiocy of Rank vs MMR. You should ALWAYS play against people of your RANK, or else your MMR should be visible, period, full stop. Otherwise it's just a ridiculous exercise in frustration. If I were to have Plat MMR but Bronze RANK then that's just ridiculous, you're only gonna piss of everyone in the upper rank who sees you with low rank and is going to blame you for throwing the game unless you hard carry. (ex: see all the threads about "Rito Matchmaking" comparing ranks of the two teams)
: Nah man vision was nerfed b/c of pro-play, it made it too easy to play safe and stall out games to 35+ minutes
Here's an article that shows how warding DIRECTLY correlated to elo: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/escape-darkness-low-elo-warding-and-you The information is from when you could (had to) BUY wards. Then they gave you wards for free on trinket, base trinket gave you 1 ward (because people weren't buying), needed to active upgrade it to get more Then they made the trinket auto-upgrade to the more wards option (because people weren't upgrading) Then the pros (people who are good) had too much vision, so they nerf'd the number of free wards you get SOMEWHERE in there (admit I forget the timing) they also replaced pinks with the control ward (which sucks in comparison, and I say that as someone who admittedly rarely bought pinks).
: So what you're saying is that instead of catering to the majority of their playerbase that is too casual to learn macro, they should market to... _you_ and the 50 people that actually use boards?
So... you're saying they TUNE champions to the tiny percentage that use them to their maximum efficiency (stated reasoning) but they SHOULDN'T tailor the REST of the game to the same standard? I think they should have CONSISTENCY either way. Either make it a GREAT game for the people that play it best, or make it most enjoyable for the masses, but not half one, half the other.
Show more

HeeroTX

Level 116 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion