Rioter Comments
AoiAoi (NA)
: 10 years and wow... What a wild ride.
I've been playing less league lately, but I definitely had a good run. I also keep an eye out for any news that's {{champion:21}} related. Thanks for the fun times Riot
: What is the LEAST support reliant ADC?
Probably {{champion:15}}. Sivir has no issue clearing waves, so she can get her farm regardless of whether or not her sup wants to contribute. Spell Shield and her movespeed ult functions as gank protection as well.
: Regarding Valiant Sword Riven's splash art...
She looks very similar to {{champion:39}} and {{champion:114}}in that splash art. She doesn't have to be swole like {{champion:420}}, but a slightly more muscular tone would help her stand out more. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ziwRYR_AESs/XXqbnJILMYI/AAAAAAABYj0/NTkalNyMDY8tRD1CvWlKW3teQQ81KNp0gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/92020.jpg
Rioter Comments
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:36:21.015+0000) > > Hey Bazerka, as a longtime player I've been growing a bit apathetic from the constant release of monetized content. > > It started with me realizing that I just couldn't justify buying all the things anymore, since there are just too many new things that require rp all the time now. > > I've even avoided TFT, because I didn't want to be tempted by the rng loot system. > > I don't think I'm alone in this. Thoughts? Makes total sense! I'm pretty much the exact same way, I rarely monetize in any game and really want to play games where I feel rewarded for my time dedication rather than my financial one. However, that being said do you feel punished because you dont / can't afford content? I can understand feeling slightly left out if a new skin drops that looks cool but I can't afford. However, if you're feeling like you can't play a fair game because you haven't monetized, imo, _thats a problem_. Fwiw I do advocate (and its strange to say it) taking breathers from games. Even if you LOVE hamburgers, if you eat them every day for 2 years eventually you'd get tired of them and stop. That doesn't mean you don't love hamburgers, but sometimes a break is healthy :). I took a long break from MMORPGs for a while because I was pretty burnt out of them, but recently got back into FF14 with some friends and have been really enjoying it! Idk hope that all makes sense o.o
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mz3MPyLb,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:43:33.660+0000) > > Makes total sense! I'm pretty much the exact same way, I rarely monetize in any game and really want to play games where I feel rewarded for my time dedication rather than my financial one. > > However, that being said do you feel punished because you dont / can't afford content? I can understand feeling slightly left out if a new skin drops that looks cool but I can't afford. However, if you're feeling like you can't play a fair game because you haven't monetized, imo, _thats a problem_. > > Fwiw I do advocate (and its strange to say it) taking breathers from games. Even if you LOVE hamburgers, if you eat them every day for 2 years eventually you'd get tired of them and stop. That doesn't mean you don't love hamburgers, but sometimes a break is healthy :). I took a long break from MMORPGs for a while because I was pretty burnt out of them, but recently got back into FF14 with some friends and have been really enjoying it! Idk hope that all makes sense o.o Hey, thanks for the response. I am going to take your advice and enjoy a break from the game. To answer your question: Most players don't play league super competitively (plat+). For many folks out there collecting cosmetics IS the game. While I personally am ok skipping merch, I still consider it a very important part of the experience The point I was trying to make though, was that the game is getting to feel a bit overzealous in it's relentless asking for money. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that it's starting to feel overbearing being constantly asked to open up the rp wallet so frequently. This is partially the result of the constant and rapid release of $100 prestige skins, monthly mission passes and much more. As a player, it's starting to feel like the game is getting a bit unreasonable, especially considering how less demanding it was back in the day when we weren't constantly being propositioned with lootboxes, rp inflating chroma packs, ruby exclusive chroma packs, border exclusive skin packs, hextech exclusive skin packs, prestige points, little legend rng packs and more I know you guys will figure it out -all the best
Bazerka (NA)
: Whats up ya'll, I'm on my lunch break again
Hey Bazerka, as a longtime player I've been growing a bit apathetic from the constant release of monetized content. It started with me realizing that I just couldn't justify buying all the things anymore, since there are just too many new things that require rp all the time now. I've even avoided TFT, because I didn't want to be tempted by the rng loot system. I don't think I'm alone in this. Thoughts?
: My last friend finally quit this game
Think of it as how long the game managed to keep you interested and when you leave, you'll know you had a good run
Jakra (EUW)
: Reminder: Loot boxes for Little Legends are completely unnecessary and counter intuitive.
I've avoided playing TFT because I don't want to be persuaded into their lootbox fiasco
ZER0 2 (NA)
: Riot has lowered the standards for Legendary Skins.
Riot underestimates the power in a unique walking cycle for legendary+ skins. As players the moving animations are the one thing we see our champs do most. It's a big deal
: And TFT is trash imo. we need URF back :(
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OkTbEMMQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T09:17:16.951+0000) > > And TFT is trash imo. > > we need URF back :( Nexus Blitz
: Are OTPs an endangered species?
Riot has long wanted to encourage players away from OTP. It's better for their game if players devote themselves to a wider range of champs
: Champs over 1000 days w/o a new skin
Behold the Champs Riot views as unmarketable
Moody P (NA)
: marksmen defined as a class by requiring team assistance to succeed, all the strongest marksmen have multiple self peel spells and completely stomp out the champions meant to counter them? something not adding up here
When you put it that way, sounds like MF could stand a buff
: New Star Guardian teaser
> [{quoted}](name=Quinn Is Bae,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZLzhwrlE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-24T22:41:50.884+0000) > > Quinn is my biggest hope to be in SG skinline. If she doesn't make it, I'll take it as a personal hatred toward her . I already stopped buying anymore RP since Eternals leak...guess I'll keep it that way until Quinn get noticed. > > Salty Quinn main who despise favoritism toward money maker champions > {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:145}} > {{champion:99}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:157}} > > P.S don't take my hate towards champions you play personally, It's Riot greed that bother me. {{champion:21}} makes it rain https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/313/086/7d6.gif
9NexterCz9 (EUNE)
: Which story would you like to move forward after demacia ?
{{champion:245}} and {{champion:53}} 's Biz-Zaun Adventure
: I'm going to freak the heck out in a bad way if...
Let's see what Riot has in store for us
Retrauk (NA)
: New Star Guardian teaser on Twitter
Which female champs have darkness attributes?
CLG ear (NA)
: the sad thing is that there are plenty of non-scummy ways Riot could generate revenue
I'll play devils advocate: Maybe we should appreciate those things being free. Imagine if during events, you had to buy a season pass to gain access to things like the summoners rift snow map, the bilgewater aram map or the custom minion skins. Imagine if officially distributed wallpaper images and music were not offered freely, but held behind an RP barrier
: As a Front line melee fighter main i'm tired.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZPjelk5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-19T20:26:24.358+0000) > > Im tired of Trying to Chase ranged champions who are faster than me and have smoother animations which lets them get off retaliation and get back to running much faster than i can even put out an attack. > Im tired of those same ranged champions who are faster than me also having Long range CC further denying the chase. > Im tired of those same anti chase mechanics also being able to allow them to chase their targets also. > Im tired of getting burst for 60% of my hp from one character through my defenses and being a champion that has to stand up in front of 5. > Im tired of having to get much closer to a target than a range champion and dealing less damage than them on the same target no only do they get range to apply their damage more easily and safely but they also get more raw damage too. > Im tired of my allies who pick 4 squishy ranged champions then sit 1.5 times their auto attack range behind me dancing and doging all that air so that they cant follow up any engage. Im forced to give up position just to not be caught out by enemy numbers where my allies then go futher back and so on. > Im tired of not being able to farm past half of laning phase because anyone except the support and take my CS from me because they dont have to dilute their damage for Defense to not get instagibbed and they also have more range and high damage aoe spells that allow them to more reliably pick up Cs from a safer range. League is a stressful game friend. Take a break. I recommend either a single player experience or a 1v1 fighting game
: still waiting to hear back on my "It's Always Sunny In Bilgewater" pitch any day now
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KEfewa4p,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-15T19:18:12.098+0000) > > still waiting to hear back on my "It's Always Sunny In Bilgewater" pitch > > any day now Hire the guys behind Game of Thrones to do Runeterra. There's no reason it can't be great
Kimimi (EUNE)
: Who thinks we'll be getting a Star Guardian 2019 teaser today?
I'll make a bold prediction. {{champion:161}} gets a skin soon
Glory97 (EUW)
: As a veteran player, I feel treated like garbage by riot games.
Think of it as if you were playing sim city. You'd allocate your funds towards gathering new players, not keeping those who had already stuck by you for 5 + years without needing much convincing. Plus, that same group of veterans are more likely to age out into different life priorities (Family, career, etc).
BBandit9 (NA)
: Whats the most Ionian champion?
Probably Karma{{champion:43}}
l MrD l (NA)
: TBH they did say they dished out surveys and a lot of people what more to show off champion mastery or something like that? So its nice that they listened and did something.. I may get downvoted hard for this but i actually like the idea behind eternals ... I think the flair thing could look a lot bettter and more impressive ... I definitely do not agree with paying for it thoug.. I understand they would need money to support it and keep it going but they could release this system and have another way of making the money to support this feature though or something
> [{quoted}](name=l MrD l,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2jX9LcRj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-08-16T08:49:09.191+0000) > > TBH they did say they dished out surveys and a lot of people what more to show off champion mastery or something like that? So its nice that they listened and did something.. > > I may get downvoted hard for this but i actually like the idea behind eternals ... I think the flair thing could look a lot bettter and more impressive ... I definitely do not agree with paying for it thoug.. I understand they would need money to support it and keep it going but they could release this system and have another way of making the money to support this feature though or something The flair should be a unique emote specific to the champion
Rioter Comments
Lemexis (EUW)
: Who cares about those things ? Personally I own no skins for the champions I main, and I'm completely fine with icons and emotes I get randomly. The only thing I care about in a free game is whether I can play it the way I want for free or cheap. In LoL, it means I only care about being able to play the champions I like. And I find that the event passes give very good value if playing 3 games a day and spending all the tokens on champion shard. So for me, as a player who started 2 months ago, LoL is a pretty cheap game, especially considering how long it's been out (which means I expected to have to spend a lot to "catch up"). And for the rest I'm just to offput by the insane price of skins and the predatory loot boxes to even consider a purchase, so I don't feel any pressure to buy. The real question here is why you would want to pay real money for the things you mentioned.
> [{quoted}](name=Lemexis,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7PTeUdo0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:02:31.817+0000) > > Who cares about those things ? > > Personally I own no skins for the champions I main, and I'm completely fine with icons and emotes I get randomly. The only thing I care about in a free game is whether I can play it the way I want for free or cheap. In LoL, it means I only care about being able to play the champions I like. And I find that the event passes give very good value if playing 3 games a day and spending all the tokens on champion shard. > > So for me, as a player who started 2 months ago, LoL is a pretty cheap game, especially considering how long it's been out (which means I expected to have to spend a lot to "catch up"). And for the rest I'm just to offput by the insane price of skins and the predatory loot boxes to even consider a purchase, so I don't feel any pressure to buy. > > The real question here is why you would want to pay real money for the things you mentioned. The real motivator is how so many items are only available for the duration of single month long events. I've relaxed on getting all the things in response to the flood of RP gated content
: *Game starts demanding more and more of my money* Welp, I'm not buying any more RP for a long time. I don't mind if it's stuff that's not pay-walled, or the occasional thing that's pay-walled. But now that Riot is shitting out mission passes, prestige skins, and little legends, this seems too cash grab-y. I can and will happily shell out $10~20 every month or two to support my favorite game and grab some goodies, but for the love of good, calm down on all these RP only releases. They're steadily becoming more like EA, tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7JZpAz3Z,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-13T18:26:27.794+0000) > > *Game starts demanding more and more of my money* > Welp, I'm not buying any more RP for a long time. > > I don't mind if it's stuff that's not pay-walled, or the occasional thing that's pay-walled. > But now that Riot is shitting out mission passes, prestige skins, and little legends, this seems too cash grab-y. > I can and will happily shell out $10~20 every month or two to support my favorite game and grab some goodies, but for the love of good, calm down on all these RP only releases. > They're steadily becoming more like EA, tbh. Honestly yes. It's getting too expensive to keep up these days
: Riot, Are you seriously proud of Eternals?
You either die a Hero or live long enough to see yourself become the Villian
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: Varus new voice lines when?
When {{champion:21}} gets hers Or when Half life 3 comes out Or when Kotor 3 comes out Or when Diavolo reaches the Truth Or when. .
: Next they'll monetize the RGMS. You have to pay $6 to buy a pass to play ARURF or whatever for the week its out. Then the next time it comes back, you gotta pay another $6.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kEUVmil2,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-08-14T01:27:34.032+0000) > > Next they'll monetize the RGMS. You have to pay $6 to buy a pass to play ARURF or whatever for the week its out. Then the next time it comes back, you gotta pay another $6. You'll be able to play for free, but for the "rewards" you gotta buy the ARURF pass
: > [{quoted}](name=KittyMcMeowMeow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5uJRyLIR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-07T02:38:46.438+0000) > > Idk it takes around 40 minutes to win a TFT, just way too slow for me I massively prefer that to the game feeling rushed though. And tbh, I like having a few games that allow me to relax and do other shit at the same time (Watch videos, listen to podcasts, etc.).
> [{quoted}](name=KillerQueenXIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5uJRyLIR,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-07T02:42:42.151+0000) > > I massively prefer that to the game feeling rushed though. And tbh, I like having a few games that allow me to relax and do other shit at the same time (Watch videos, listen to podcasts, etc.). 40 min per game is too much of a time commitment for many of us. Would be great for inmates who have nothing to do all day but ride out their sentences
Rioter Comments
: Ezreal's update, aftermath
I get more excited for champion updates than for new champs
Rioter Comments
: Irelia is breaking games
Irelia gets to be a high damaging, super mobile champ that wields Juggernaut Items. Sounds bad when you say it out loud.
Jikker (NA)
: Being broke has its benefits sometimes. Can't spend what you don't have :^) League is a free game, even though sometimes all the cosmetics makes it feel otherwise =P
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7PTeUdo0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-29T15:33:54.951+0000) > > Being broke has its benefits sometimes. Can't spend what you don't have :^) > > League is a free game, even though sometimes all the cosmetics makes it feel otherwise =P haha
Rioter Comments
: You're only allowed to play one champion for the rest of your life.
Rioter Comments
: TFT Mobile?
I'd play it if it were on mobile. I need "high quality mobile gaming" other than hearthstone
Psycrow (NA)
: how do riot go about skins
{{champion:21}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:136}} Hows that for audience demand? Fill em up! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Coyote (NA)
: PSA: Do NOT accept a queue after a dodge or failed accept on the found game screen!
It's true, but wait times would go up significantly if everyone started dodging after the first missed queue. System works because most folks still don't dodge.
Rioter Comments
Neriticc (EUW)
: Irelia nerfed 50 times, still highest ban rate in pro leagues globally.
Seeing irelia dominate at last years worlds final felt filthy. She was obviously out of control that last game and Riot should be ashamed to have allowed it This is the game though. Some champs have clear weakness that persist even when fed and others simply don't
Neriticc (EUW)
: Irelia nerfed 50 times, still highest ban rate in pro leagues globally.
Irelia gets to be a mobile juggernaut. Until that changes she'll always be a problem.
: at least he's not engrossed with anal... yzing poros.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=okwUdG9O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T10:08:24.054+0000) > > at least he's not engrossed with anal... yzing poros. {{champion:161}} did nothing wrong
Rioter Comments
: Mordekaiser feels almost the same to me
Why play immobile juggernauts when mobile juggernauts like {{champion:39}} exist?
Show more

Hexs Fortune

Level 270 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion